All hotels in Amsterdam, Netherlands

"My favorite location"
I stayed at the Eden Hotel Amsterdam for a weekend visit during a recent business trip. The hotel's location is ideally suited to all of the sights in the city. The service is excellent, and the lobby is open and inviting. My room was very spacious and sported a nice view of the Amstel. My only concern was that the room needs some freshening, most notably new carpet and a larger television. However, I believe that the rooms are starting to be refurbished. I do recommend the Eden to others for business or pleasure.
Response by Hampshire Hotel - Eden Amsterdam
Dear guest, Thank you for your response on this website. We hope you had a pleasant stay with us. It's correct that we need new carpet in some rooms. This soft renovation will take place in this month. Kind regards, The management
3 night business trip Oct 25, 2013
John G.
The Eden hotel communicated with us in advance of our registration and provided very helpful information regarding transportation and baggage storage. A high level of good service was provided at the desk at the time of our arrival. Throughout and almost one week stay the service desk and the concierge provided excellent and accurate information.
Other trip Oct 29, 2013
"Lost reservation"
When we arrived and checked-in the employee/supervisor said he couldn't find our reservation and had no rooms available. When I pressed on, asking him to help us at 'midnight' he found our reservation and had a room. Not the welcome you'd want when traveling internationally! Also, rooms are too small.. Had no place to turn and even leave a shaving kit.
Other trip Oct 22, 2013
well traveled
"Great location at a reasonable price"
I spent 2 nights there and I thought the hotel staff was really great. I ordered a cab the night before for my trip to the airport and it was there waiting for me the next morning. Rooms were clean, but not fancy and not in perfect condition. However, the price was right and it was more than adequate. I'd stay there again.
Other trip Oct 20, 2013
"Great location, tight space"
Personally, I don't think I would have found a better location. We walked all of the city and this location was in the middle of all locations to visit. In every direction, we were but a mere 15 min walk max from our destination. Even some of the farther locations, like the museums, were just 20 min. This place faces a canal, and is just next to Rembrandt Square, where you can find plenty of food and places to sit for a drink. The previous comments did note that the hotel room was small. And it is very much so. We had a double bed and a full bathroom and the only free space was just enough to open the closet, bathroom, and room doors - and not all the way and not all at the same time. Make sure you are comfy with the person you are sharing a room with! However, if that doesn't bother you (and it didn't for me), the bed was otherwise comfortable and clean.
Response by Hampshire Hotel - Eden Amsterdam
Dear guest, Thank you for your nice review! We look forward to welcome you again next time! Kind regards, The management
2 night trip with friends Oct 1, 2013
"Just do it!"
The very best. Nothing at all bad to say. Rented bike nearby, staff was very helpful.
Response by Hampshire Hotel - Eden Amsterdam
Dear guest, Thank you for your review on this website! Kind regards, The management
3 night trip Oct 1, 2013
Billy nagler
The hotel was nice. The concierge was helpful, and they let us store our bags for awhile after checkout as we were taking a late afternoon train. The room was a little small, but the bathroom was good size.
3 night family trip Sep 17, 2013
"location fine but hotel deplorable"
The hotel would not be on my recommended list.Not only was it dirty-the elevator had trash in it for two days, but the bathroom had mold on the walls.
3 night romance trip Sep 20, 2013
"Amsterdam Hotel"
Eden Hotel Amsterdam is in a good location and the staff is very helpful. However, we were given a canal view room as requested, but it was on the first floor and was very noisy with the traffic and people walking by all night.
Other trip Sep 24, 2013
"An OK hotel. Good by European standards."
A great location for walking around the city centre. Has no gym.
Other trip Sep 9, 2013
tony
"Nice Hotel Right in the Middle of Amsterdam"
As I was working in Germany I decided to take a few days off to Amsterdam. I arrive at 11:00 a.m. at the hotel and I was worried that I could not due an early check out. To my surprise the front desk person was really nice and told me that my room was ready and that I could do an early check in at no charge. He even gave me a map of the city an explain how to get the tram train and where to go from the hotel. The hotel has new bathrooms that are hard to find in Europe, big one's with a proper tub, not the tiny showers in Germany. It is modern and just a few meters from Rembrandt Square, movie theaters, Burger King, and all the beer that you can drink. it is safe as you will need the key to access the elevator, and I never saw anybody that did not belong at the hotel. I am happy and very satisfied, next year I will go in May, I will take my wife and stay at the hotel.
Other trip Sep 9, 2013
"Very well positioned hotel"
The hotel is very cozy. We had a room with a view to the canal. Of course, the downside of this was that it was a little bit noisy in the morning (trash car, etc). But, as we were extremely tired from visiting the city, this was not that bothering. The beds are very comfortable. The hotel has a very good position, it is close to major attractions. You can buy tickets for the museums at the hotel's information booth (with no extra charge), to avoid waiting at long queues.
Other trip Sep 2, 2013
"Great hotel!"
We were upgraded to an apartment with a gorgeous canal view and mini-kitchen! Excellent location, very helpful concierge, clean room, comfortable bed, and decent shower (for European standards). Would definitely stay here again!
Response by Hampshire Hotel - Eden Amsterdam
Dear guest, Thank you for your review on this website! We look forward to welcome you again! Kind regards, Thomas Hoogervorst
5 night trip Apr 20, 2013
C
Really good seafood restaurant and a piano bar inside. I didn't take a taxi or public transportation once. Centrally located, I was able to walk everywhere. Concierge was very helpful with directions and making phone calls to organize tours. The housekeeping didn't do the best job cleaning my room and the bathroom, but it wasn't a huge deal
Other trip Aug 25, 2013
"Nice location near rembrandt square"
I stayed at the Eden hotel for 9 days and was thoroughly impressed with the whole experience. Comfortable beds, a/c, and a friendly staff all make this my go to hotel in Amsterdam
Other trip Aug 10, 2013
jared
Excellent value for the money
Response by Hampshire Hotel - Eden Amsterdam
Dear guest, Thank you for ranking the stars on this website for our hotel! Kind regards, Eden Hotel Amsterdam – Hampshire Eden
4 night trip with friends Jul 30, 2013
Kurt
Great for budget traveller who is not expecting top service or eminities. Wonderful location. Not much customer service.
3 night family trip Jul 24, 2013
Roxie
"OK Hotel, Good Location"
This hotel is average nice, but nothing special in my opinion. The staff was businesslike and somewhat reserved with the exeption of the concierge, who was genuinely friendly and helpful. My room was clean and comfortable and overlooked a side alley which was very noisy at night. I would stay there again if I needed to stay in the general area of the hotel, but only after checking the availability of other nearby hotels first.
Other trip Jul 28, 2013
"excellent location, friendly staff"
the room was small and no frills but it was a great location, good price and friendly, helpful staff.
3 night trip Jul 17, 2013
"Great location, affordable, and neat"
The hotel is located perfectly. It's right in the heart of downtown Amsterdam. Our room had a great view of the canal. It was surprisingly quiet given the centrality of the location. I suggest you opt in for breakfast - it's a buffet and costs 15 euros. If you go outside, you will end up paying the same but will be getting less food. Overall, it's a very affordable, clean, and nicely organized hotel. I would stay there again.
2 night trip Jul 10, 2013
"Single traveler recommends this hotel"
The location was perfect for me, halfway between the art museums and the train station. Everything in walking distance and it's situation on the canal with shopping and restaurants nearby. All of Amsterdam felt very safe but this neighborhood especially, even at night. The room itself was clean and comfortable and I especially liked the roomy and clean bathroom. The only thing I didn't like was the view (not much to look at) but I had the lowest priced room too. It was very quiet at night and there is English-speaking television. The English-speaking staff was very professional but not the kind of people you'd stand and chit chat with. They were very business-like, robotic even. The concierge guy might be the exception. He was very helpful. I would recommend this hotel.
Other trip Jul 16, 2013
All was well except the concierge. First he was full of himself. Then I asked for a cab to the airport. He said 47.50. Thought it was really high. Once at the airport the cab driver says 55.50. Told him Youssef had said otherwise and the driver agreed. I think they work together and "took me for a ride".
3 night family trip Jul 11, 2013
Edith Farre Turner
"Highly recommend!"
The hotel was in a great location with lots to do around the area and easy access to transportation. It was very clean and right on the Amstel river. This was one of our largest rooms we had throughout our Europe trip. We had a great stay!
Other trip Jul 15, 2013
"great location"
hotel room was small but perfect for one person. nice and clean and front desk staff were great. the location is great, the perfect walking distance from the busy part of town
Other trip Jul 12, 2013
redhouse2001
"It was fine..."
The concierges were especially helpful.
2 night family trip Jun 23, 2013
Joy D.
"Great location and view to the canal"
Outstanding location to walk anywhere, appropriate rooms and bathroom.
Other trip Jun 24, 2013
karin
Hotel in excellent location. Room small but comfortable. Bathroom was unacceptably small. Could not sit on toilet because gap between end of toilet and wall was not enough space for legs. If you sat side ways on toilet the hand basin was in the way. Ended up using public toilet in the reception area. This small detail made our stay at the hotel uncomfortable and for this reason will not stay there again.
Other trip Jun 20, 2013
"Very nice."
Great location. Just like in the pictures. Would be nice to have free wifi.
Romance trip Jun 17, 2013
Location is excellent - within walking distance to everything in the centre core. Rooms are very tiny, hardly space to lay out a suitcase. Very quiet. Great beds. Staff very helpful. Don't take a private tour in a taxi as very expensive and despite being told we would get a knowledgeable guide, we basically got a taxi driver. Store your luggage if you get there before check-in time.
Other trip Jun 16, 2013
"Great Location and Clean Rooms"
Eden Hotel is situated at an ideal location, right around the corner from Rambrandtsplein and facing the canal. One can walk to the trams in a minute or two. The room is very clean. Like other hotels in Amsterdam, its rooms are small. I wish they could get rid of the desk in my room so that I can have unfettered access to the window. My room faces the interior but the view is awesome.
Other trip Jun 10, 2013
"Good hotel"
Good hotel. The rooms were very small but i think that is the standard room size in Amsterdam.
Other trip Jun 5, 2013
Understand, this is not an american hotel so do not expect one! Here it is, this place had great customer service, good location in regards to dinning, and river cruises. Very easy to take the train to central station and take a tram within about a block from the hotel. 8 euro train vs 50 euro taxi your call. It was clean and VERY small room size, a bit loud and the walls are thin. It was a little far from the Anne Frank house and rijuks museum, but it was worth it because I was able to see more of the city walking. Overall it was a good hotel for the 2 days I was there.
2 night romance trip May 26, 2013
"Great stay and location!"
The hotel room and staff were excellent. I was bit hesitant having read some other reviews about the size of the singe room, but it was fine. I was very surprised upon opening the door at how big the room was for a single. There was a double bed in the room, so maybe I got a larger room for a single - not sure. But the staff was outstanding - both the front desk and concierge and the room was very clean and inviting. The location was ideal and within walking distance to all attractions. It is a large city, so be prepared for a 30 minute walk to most museums, etc - but it is a closer walk to the flower market, other canals, etc. Would definitely stay here again.
Other trip May 27, 2013
"Convenient location"
Nice hotel, conveniently located. Clean and comfortable with a good breakfast. Only bad part was the noise at night due to bars/clubs in the area.
2 night trip May 10, 2013
Rebecca
Excellent value for central Amsterdam. Great location from which I easily walked everywhere I wanted to go. Minor downside is that the room is small, but frankly, I expect that if I want to save money in one of the world's top destinations. And as I was traveling, I didn't need any more space than was available.
6 night trip May 12, 2013
"pre cruisr stop"
Found this hotel to be very close to major sites and easy access to Rembrandt sq for night time activities and for cruising canal. Hotel is attached to other sister hotel. Restaurant Flo was very good. Only downside is size of rooms. They are very very very tiny
2 night trip with friends May 16, 2013
"NOISIEST HOTEL ON THE PLANET"
The hotel is perfectly located near Rembrandt Square, but the perfection ends there. The hotel is old, filthy and has the thinnest walls and un-insulated windows. The street noise is the worst I've ever experienced. And the additional "city tax" charges were a surprise (after thinking all was prepaid on hotels.com). Avoid this hotel if you want a quiet night's sleep.
5 night trip Apr 27, 2013
Michael Z
"Do not trust the wake-up call!!"
The Hotel staff were top notch in answering e-mailed questions. They were also helpful when I arrived. The rub came when I had gone to the desk to put in a wake-up call for 06:30. No call!! I saw it written down too. Fortunately in this case I don't sleep well and woke up to a lighted room and a clock that said 07:05. I managed to finish packing dress and be in the lobby in time for the airport shuttle at 07:30. I called the desk and told them what had happened and would they prepare my bill. They were very apologetic and did the unthinkable and gave me a free coffee..... ;-) If you have ever been to the Netherlands you will understand......
Other trip May 3, 2013
"EDEN Is the perfect name for this Hotel"
Great Location ++ Nice people at Desk ++ Great service in general ++ Have been there 6 times , Love it !!
Other trip Apr 27, 2013
"Tiny rooms for the price."
Our room was tiny with a window on an air shaft. Basic room. Paid $230 us dollars which seemed overpriced for the room we got. The executive rooms are probably better.
Other trip Apr 24, 2013
CC
Great location. Walk to many attractions, and tram to the rest. Plenty of food options close by. Try to avoid Saturday night as the area is wild to 4am and room rate doubles. You might want to drop by the big food store across the bridge to pick up something for breakfast, as $50 for two people seems a little high for a $120. room rate. In room coffee/tea. We had room supply issues (TP, soap) twice in 4 nights but they brought them up on request.
Other trip Apr 19, 2013
Stew
"Not a prime location, but close enough"
We had 2 rooms due to the 2 person limit per room. Both rooms were tiny, but clean and modern. Service absolutely perfect. The lower price reflects location - just on the outer edge of where you would want to stay (historic canal district), but just close enough to walk to most sights. We preferred the location of our other hotels - on the Herengrecht and Singel canals. The Eden has a view of the ugly modern civic center across the canal. The other locations had views of historic canal houses.
2 night trip Mar 16, 2013
We liked this hotel overall because the location was great, everything we needed was walking distance (although our group had no sense of direction so walked around in circles a few times hehe). We got upgraded to a room with a nice view with Expedia VIP card :) Staff was very friendly and helpful. Has a nice contemporary look, room size was good for Europe standards. We took our 1 year old and they gave us a small playpen with a mat for him to sleep on, but he ended up sleeping on our bed instead. Only thing that was wierd is that the shower had a tiny watershield type door, not fully enclosed so water would splash out, you had to kinda squeeze in a corner to not splash so much. We'll stay there again if we go back.
Other trip Mar 23, 2013
"A very nice hotel, good location."
Granted I usually stay in hostels, but I can't imagine what someone would complain about, this hotel was beautiful. It's Western Europe, so the room was small, but I bet you'll fit. The one thing I didn't like was it was two twin beds instead of a queen, so cuddling blended into furniture spelunking. It was quiet, there is good food nearby, clean sheets and towels, and helpful staff. I would happily stay there again (as soon as I have enough credit card points to pay for it).
4 night trip Mar 11, 2013
"Great location, one block from Rembrandt square"
By taxi, 10 min. from train station (ten euros on the meter, more if its off the meter, so watch it and have them use it). Hotel felt modern and high quality, though the card slot for the lift was finicky, keep trying. Quiet, aside from a few random and short sounds from incoming guests. Bathroom nice, but the lavatory corner constricted entry, don't try it in the dark first time, lest you bruise your leg. Great professional staff. Locale near bustling areas, but not in it, so perfect. Excellent for the price. I'd stay there again without hesitation. Bar/restaurant looked nice, but didn't use them.
1 night trip Mar 2, 2013
I stayed here twice within 3 weeks, the first time had an nice, spacious room with a bit of a view. Second time the room was smaller with no view (brick wall) and less room ammenities - not consistent in room quality. Given the excellent location with Rembrandtsplein right around the corner it is good value. Staff was freindly and helpful. Problems: no Wi-fi access in the room, you have to go to the main floor lounge area to use wi-fi. Rooms are not of consistent level of quality for same price.
Other trip Feb 24, 2013
"Good hotel when you visit Amsterdam"
Nice and well situated hotel. The staff was friendly and the check-in went smoothly. The free wireless in the lobby is of great help. Did not try the breakfast but got rumors that it's very rich. The location is perfect as it's close to Rembrandtplein Tram stop and walking distance from the touristic areas and restaurants.
Other trip Feb 8, 2013
"graet hotel by vacation or bussiness"
very close from Dam and rembradsquare.But rooms wifi systems is old and did'ny work.
Other trip Feb 1, 2013
"Great location, but wi-fi not available in rooms"
Centrally located, but internet access in room only via ethernet cable that takes a lot of setting up. Working the TV is annoying, you can't just flip through the channels, need to go to a menu to view TV channels.
1 night business trip Jan 22, 2013
I personally feel that the $50 deposit is unnecessary bcuz as long as there is a credit card on file once a person checks out the card can automatically be charged. This deposit is tricky and not told to guests. Also for the amount we paid the hotel should have free coffee and tea. I suggest that since the eden hotel services guests from all over the world that they should do some research internationally into other cultures slaonthat eden could better serve its guests. For example when a guest stays at the hotel they should be given priority to dine in the restaurant connected to the hotel prior to the public outside Perhaps a form at check in would remind guests that if they wanted to reserve a table for dinner to do it b4 a certain timeframe. Also perhaps if the hotel doesnt want to serve coffee to provide a coffee machine and coffee packets in the room and also small refrigerators. The chambermaids were wonderful!! We stayed in room 518.
9 night trip Dec 22, 2012