All hotels in Tempe, Arizona, United States of America

Good internet service
    Delicious food
    Great pool
    Rather comfortable
"ok but not outstanding."
We found this hotel adaquate but not close to anything we really could walk to for food or drink. Room was dark but large, bed was comfortable.
4 night trip with friends Jan 8, 2016
Room was small. No microwave in the room. Wished breakfast was included.
2 night family trip Nov 14, 2015
"Horrible front desk service!"
I call the front desk for creamer, it was 5am and I had to call again at 6am to see where my creamer was!!! Not great service for a Doubletree hotel!
1 night business trip Nov 18, 2015
Sergio H
Relatively close to Arizona State University, but not close enough for walking distance.
1 night family trip Oct 30, 2015
Douglas
"GREAT PLACE TO STAY!"
I loved it! I had a great time! The staff was great! I appreciate the shuttle to the concert and airport! I love staying at the DoubleTree! I can't wait to stay with you guys again!
1 night trip with friends Oct 31, 2015
michael
"Definitely recommend!!"
This is my second stay here. Both times were for ASU games. The staff is great, all ready to make sure you have a great stay and experience. The free shuttle service is great, they will take you anywhere within 5 miles for free!! Definitely recommend the Doubletree in Tempe!!
3 night trip with friends Oct 29, 2015
danielle
manager Mr. Faith was very accomadating and professional. Restaurant manager Billie very sweet kind and helpfull. Waitress and bar lounge on the 10/18 was not....
2 night family trip Oct 18, 2015
"near the airport"
we did not have a shower curtain and when I called the front desk they told me it was a handicapped room. There is no way that a handicapped person could climb into that bed or use the shower as it had a lip to it.
Other trip Oct 11, 2015
Stayed in a Pool view room, view was through a dirty window and a plant. Very difficult to see pool, not what was advertised so very misleading. The Air Conditioner was like a jet engine, very loud and we complained about the noise and got told that was how they were. Room was very clean and the staff very helpful and very interested in what was happening with international tourists. I especially liked the hotel restaurant and the breakfast.
2 night romance trip Aug 29, 2015
"Quiet and friendly service"
The hotel was very quiet and everyone was very nice and helpful.
2 night trip with friends Sep 18, 2015
Joan
"Design and Comfort"
Beautifully designed room that was very clean and comfortable. This hotel had everything we needed including a restaurant and nice outdoor pool with an 8ft deep end which we really enjoyed.
1 night family trip Sep 11, 2015
Deborah
"Good accommodations and no complains."
Good accommodations and no complains.
1 night trip Sep 6, 2015
"Clean and Comfortable"
the pool was great. The hotel staff was very friendly and helpful. The rooms were clean and comfortable
2 night family trip Aug 14, 2015
Eva
Rooms were very comfortable and clean.
2 night family trip Aug 14, 2015
melissa
"Hilton near ASU campus"
In our first room, the A/C did not work. When I called the front desk, they said not sure if they could move me to another room. So I walked down to let them know there was no way I was staying in a room with a nonworking A/C. They reluctantly moved us to another room. In the other room, the TV did not work well. Certainly not the worst hotel ever, but definitely does not live up the to Hilton brand.
2 night family trip Aug 15, 2015
"Move in ready"
I was there to move my daughter out of the dorms and into an apartment. The hotel was close to the campus and freeways. Easy accessed off the side road allowing me to park close to my room. Was too busy to truly enjoy the amenities available.
3 night family trip Aug 12, 2015
"Beautiful, comfy spot and paradise pool"
Beautiful pool! Love the comfy beds. Even gave us extra linens for an additional guest. Only downside was the incredibly hot, sometimes scalding water w out a way to adjust. Were told that this is normal for summer but made it difficult to bathe.
3 night family trip Aug 1, 2015
"Seminar and Grand Canyon"
I was here for a seminar and stayed an extra day to see the Grand Canyon. Although the hotel is older, the service staff was very accommodating. The hotel is currently undergoing renovations but the beds were very comfortable and the bathrooms were in good condition with no drippy faucets. Overall it was a very good experience
3 night business trip Aug 4, 2015
"Good half price food during happy hour"
Went to the bar 2 nights during happy hour and had very good half price appetizers.
Other trip Aug 8, 2015
"Yummiest hotel ever!"
My husband and I traveled from Ca to Az with our two sins recently. So after a 11 hour car drive and screaming kids when we arrived to our hotel it was such a pleasure to be greeted at the door with some yummy warm cookies that had walnuts. The staff was super friendly and made our experience so comfortable. As we were leaving I was telling my hubby how the cookies where some of the yummiest I have ever had the front desk clerk over heard and gave us a handful of cookies for the rude home.
Other trip Aug 4, 2015
mony
"stay here!"
just a quick overnight, but it was great!
1 night romance trip Jul 31, 2015
Lucia
"Well worth the cost."
Nice stay. Front desk staff was very friendly. Rooms were clean. Warm choclolate chip cookie was delicious. I'd say my only complaint would be the walls seemed a bit thin. Then again it may be hard to muffle loud playing kids at 11:00pm at night. It lasted for about 15-20 minutes before someone came by (I assume hotel staff) their room. After that, it was very pieceful. I'd stay again.
2 night family trip Jul 23, 2015
Tetsuo
I would have rated this a 5 except when I twice called for a shuttle from the airport, I was put on hold for more than 5 minutes each time. I finally had to pay for the Super Shuttle to get to the hotel. The staff immediately reimbursed me. I thought the property was very nice and the staff was super!
1 night business trip Jul 27, 2015
Arthur
Highly recommend it. They receive you with their traditional chocolate chip cookie. The room was clean and the bed was very comfortable. Centrally located and close to the freeway. We are definitely staying there again.
Other trip Jul 26, 2015
"just what we expected."
convenient, friendly staff
1 night business trip Jul 16, 2015
"Great stay at this hotel"
Great stay at this hotelstaff was very friendly and welcoming. Pool was great. Hotel room was just re-modeled and in good taste. Would stay again here in a second. Notice staff was doing maintenance every day. Cookies Were also very delicious.
Other trip Jul 17, 2015
"4th of July Stay"
Did not like the fact that the room smelled like cinnamon. we were in room # 136. If the smell had of been a little more smell-friendly would have liked it better and given a 5 for room comfort. The bar area was very friendly and the food was great. The spinach dip was amazing!! Would consider staying again if the room didn't give me a migraine from the smell.
1 night romance trip Jul 4, 2015
Matthew
"****"
Good time. Pleasant staff. All in all, a great time.
4 night romance trip Jun 11, 2015
"Nice clean hotel"
Great place to stay. Near college Great front desk
Other trip Jun 13, 2015
s castillo
"Wonderful plaće to stay."
Stayed two nights between moving to another state. The hotel was so very pleasant. Very clean. Beds soft as clouds. Desk staff very courteous. Shuttle driver very knowledgeable. What a wonderful stay.
Other trip Jun 7, 2015
mimi
"Bad customer service"
Terrible Exp. manager was extremely rude and rattled bc system was down. The true test of a business is how it reacts under pressure. Never again.
Other trip Jun 6, 2015
Very clean and comfortable beds and the warm cookies were good
Other trip Jun 6, 2015
"Nice close to ASU"
Very good needed a one night stay to preview ASU for my daughter .
Other trip Jun 5, 2015
"Reasonable motel clean and comfortable"
Motel was clean and comfortable. A bit loud when with people coming and going to their rooms
Other trip May 31, 2015
"Comfortable place to stay"
The hotel is nice and quiet away from freeway traffic and a short drive from the Arizona Mills Mall. I usually walk at the Tempe Town Lake or shop/watch movies at the Arizona Mills Mall when I stay here. The rooms here are nice and private access from outdoor wallways. The only thing is early morning travelers to the airport start chattering & walking the walkways at 5am.
1 night business trip May 16, 2015
"Great staff Location service and rooms!"
If given a choice of what hotels to stay when on vacation I would highly recommend this place. We woke up really late and the restaurant staff, Pauline and kenneth (the cook) were so gracious to keep the buffet open for my husband and even accommodated a special request for rice Despite the fact they were in the midst of putting the buffet away. The rooms were comfortable and clean. (On a side note, my husband works for termini so he always checks our bed for bedbugs and pesky creatures and our room found no evidence of anything) The front desk staff also was superb. They accommodated every request - to changing room to a king, lower floor, late check out and gave me as many delicious cookies that I wanted...
Other trip May 19, 2015
estrada
"Construction around room"
Old room needed to be updated. Construction going on next and around our room. Air conditioner cycled on and off continuously and very loud. Only provided three bath towels when reservation was for two adults and two children. Baseboards and floor could have been cleaner.
Other trip Apr 28, 2015
Rich
"Base hotel for Spring Training Baseball Trip"
Location was excellent for visiting several baseball stadiums. The hotel itself is in decent condition. The thing that marred our stay was that we were in a room with a handicap bathroom and it never felt clean. We had a few additional issues with housekeeping, but I must say we were impressed with the follow up and concern. Customer Service was 5-Star plus! The beds were very comfortable and the room a good size. We had a nice view of the pool and aside from the bathroom, the room was a solid 4.5. From what I could see, the bathrooms were being renovated around us, so it is possible this won't be an issue for long. Breakfast more than ample. Preferred to order off menu, than use buffett. Selection on buffet was above average. Had one dinner at the hotel too and it was very good. Would consider returning in the future.
Other trip Apr 6, 2015
Jebsmom
"the 'best' place to stay"
Every aspect of the Doubletree in Tempe is excellent as it has been for the 29 years I've stayed at the hotel. My only request is that you add make-up mirrors to the bathrooms as an aid for those of us in the 'senior' category of tourist.
1 night trip with friends Apr 1, 2015
"My stay"
Front desk staff was especially friendly and helpful
1 night romance trip Mar 30, 2015
"Great Guys' Trip"
Really good overall experience. Great restaurant, bar, and very helpful staff! Offers a shuttle to anywhere within 5 miles which was awesome. Hotel wasn't as nice as some other Hilton properties I've been to but it was good.
3 night trip with friends Mar 26, 2015
Matthew
"Friendly staff makes up for aging hotel"
Had a pleasant stay at the Doubtee primarily thanks to the enthusiastic, friendly and helpful staff. This made up for an aging hotel that feels a bit like an upscale motel. Free shuttles to Tempe & airport a nice touch and necessary touch as the hotel has nothing nearby in walking distance. Restaurant overpriced, seems they recognize that they have a captive crowd. I'd still recommend the hotel depending on the needs of your stay.
"Doubletree Tempe"
Really nice front desk staff, particularly Mr. Brown who was very helpful and friendly,
3 night business trip Mar 22, 2015
"Wouldn't choose again"
Size of room was comfortable; room had 2 adjoining doors to other rooms and both neighbors were very noisy with televisions, music, etc. It was disturbing. Also, stand up shower in bathroom was tiny and claustrophobic. Bed was very comfortable, size of room was fine. Room fees were expensive due to spring baseball training in Tempe. We would not choose this hotel again.
Other trip Mar 23, 2015
"One Day Stay"
Hotel employees helpful and pleasant. Quiet room. Air conditioner loud but was comfortable with it off. Pool area lovely, restaurant good.
Other trip Mar 19, 2015
"Horrible experience and horrible customer service"
Around midnight our first night of our stay....cigarette smoke began entering the room through our bathroom vent. When we tried to get help from the front desk, the employee simply said they were full and acted as if we were, in fact, lying. She was horribly rude, never offering to call another hotel or help us in any way. A security employee came and smelled the smoke for himself and verified NO ONE could have stayed there. We left at 1 a.m. to go find another hotel on our own....we were treated horribly and will never ever go back.
2 night romance trip Mar 6, 2015
"Great place to stay for Spring Training"
I travel a lot and I was really impressed by this hotel! It is a little bit older hotel, but very well clean and well-maintained and is in a great location. Check in was a breeze and the front desk staff was super friendly and very helpful. Every staff member we encountered during our stay, including the groundskeeper/janitors were what I would expect at a 5 star hotel. Very friendly, helpful, and accommodating. We were in Arizona to see some MLB games and this a great location- very central to many of the fields and very close to the airport. The pool was awesome- big, clean and warm- and they even have a server who will serve drinks and food at the pool like you would find at a resort. They do have a little spa at the hotel as well, but I didn't get a chance to check it out. We also ordered room service for breakfast a couple of times and the food was good! The prices were about half of what I would expect for room service food at another hotel. Didn't make it to Milagros, the restaurant on-site, but heard it was good from other guests. They have a very cool outdoor lounge area with couches and heaters right outside the lobby by the pool. Bed and bedding were very comfortable. I hope we can make it back for Spring Training next year and if we do, we will be staying here again!
Other trip Mar 9, 2015
Nicole
"Standard Fare Business Hotel"
As with this type of property you get a standard experience. Nothing unique, but comfortable enough. Signage for the hotel could have been better. Wi-Fi was good. Fitness center was pretty good - 3 treadmills, 3 eliptical machines, 1 stationary bike, free weights & machine. Towels were scratchy, but water pressure was good with really hot water. Bed was decent, pillows were good. In my room I have no closet to hang my clothes (really?). The temperature control was great. I hate AC/heating units that turn off and on multiple times during the night. These units had a "constant fan" function that actually worked. Big bonus for someone like me who needs white noise to sleep. Totally helped with the noise outside of my room. I was worried about it, but the AC unit covered almost all of the noise. The staff was quite friendly and capable. Handed out a warm cookie on arrival. Wished they had a "no nuts" options, but alas.
Other trip Mar 6, 2015
Derek
"My Recent Stay"
The only complaint that I have is that when the housekeepers mopped up the bathroom, the water would pool in the grout. So when I walked in there with my socks, they would get wet. I think maybe re-grouting or not using so much water when you mop would solve this. Everything else was great. Rooms were clean and quiet.
2 night trip with friends Feb 27, 2015
"Work trip"
A relatively quick work trip lead me to this hotel. We were very satisfied. The beds are extremely comfy.
3 night business trip Jan 27, 2015