All hotels in Chicago, Illinois, United States of America
163 East Walton Place, Chicago, IL, 60611, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

4.8
"Great Location, Beautiful Retro Vibe"
This hotel has a beautiful retro vibe and is located in a wonderful area, within walking distance to many great restaurants and attractions, with a subway stop pretty close by. We didn't spend a ton of time in the hotel, but when we were there, it was very comfortable and clean with friendly service. The room was not huge but was sufficient for the two of us. The bed is very comfortable. My only gripes are that valet parking at the hotel is extremely expensive (but we found another garage in which to store our car nearby for less) and wifi is not complimentary in the rooms. I would think a place that charges as much as this place does per night would throw in some free wifi for their guests. The restaurant downstairs is fine but nothing special. The workout room was nice. Overall, it was a great experience. I would definitely stay again, and I would recommend it to friends.
4 night romance trip Jul 17, 2015
"Good value, Great location"
Great location. The Room is nice. The condition of the hotel is slipping a little since its last update. Good bar. Good value.
3 night romance trip Jul 23, 2015
"Classic Chicago hotel"
Great classic hotel. Nicely updated rooms.
1 night romance trip Jul 25, 2015
Great location!
1 night romance trip Jul 23, 2015
Lindsey
they charge you for wifi, the rooms are small and there aren't enough elevators.
5 night family trip Jul 18, 2015
"Wonderful!"
LOCATION! This classy hotel, served all our needs and was located in a wonderful spot downtown. The building was historic and the room was updated nicely. The rooms may be a bit on the small side for a large family, but was perfect for just my daughter and I!
3 night family trip Jul 17, 2015
Matthew
Great location . Good value for money
3 night romance trip Jul 18, 2015
"Anniversary Getaway"
Was very happy to have been upgraded to a junior suite ! It was a stat for our anniversary so that was a pleasant surprise. The staff was exceptional and the room was excellent. The bed was extremely comfortable and cozy. Shower was nice and relaxing. Overall super time and would defiantly recommend to everyone.
1 night romance trip Jul 19, 2015
Tracy
Great stay, great location. I used to live in the Chi, and it was great being down North on Michigan.
4 night trip with friends Jul 12, 2015
Benjamin
"Old building feel"
Small room, old room with carpet coming off. Door looked like someone tried to break into it before. Bathroom was great and bed was decent. No other complaints.
1 night romance trip Jul 17, 2015
Alex
"IFT2015"
Overall a great stay. I thought the Valet parking was a little steep but everything else was a great value.
3 night business trip Jul 11, 2015
"Quality"
I really enjoyed my stay very nice hotel quality without being fussy great neighborhood
2 night trip May 23, 2015
Kent
"Good stay for the price"
The wifi didn't work in my room. The hotel was nice but the bathroom toiletries were not replaced regularly. The people were nice for the most part. I ordered breakfast and was served the wrong thing- I didn't have time to wait for it to be remade and they charged me the higher price of the item they made the mistake on.
6 night business trip Jul 9, 2015
We had a great time and the staff was very helpful. I would definitely go back if in Chicago again.
4 night business trip Jul 11, 2015
Janet
"A lot of frustrations for a dear price!"
I expected more for the price. Location was excellent but the safe didn't work during our stay, the phone needed batteries, we always had to ask for washcloths daily. When I went to the front desk to asks for washcloths (because the phone didn't work) I expressed my frustration and the man behind the desk said he would call later to properly deal with things but he never called. Parking was $70 a night! We had a quad room and there were 2 double beds when it could easily have accommodated 2 queens for comfort. Just a lot of issues for such a dear price.
4 night trip with friends Jul 9, 2015
Dana
"Lively part of town..."
Friendly staff, good location for dining, shopping, and other points of interest (including MCA). The hotel is older with still some charm but it otherwise could benefit from some freshening of the common area (corridors, elevators, front desk, etc). There was an odor problem in the first room we were assigned but the front desk moved us to another room without hesitation. While somewhat cozy in size, the rooms are otherwise comfortable, well appointed, and clean. Updated bathrooms. Why no free wifi though?
3 night romance trip Jul 7, 2015
michael
"Chicago great"
Lovely hotel, great location! They even handed out warm towels after coming in from a downpour! The only downside is you have to pay for internet in your room. This is the twenty first century and I find this unacceptable.
4 night business trip Jul 5, 2015
Karyn
"Knickabocker Rocks!"
Very warm, intimate hotel. Staff was terrific.
3 night romance trip Jul 9, 2015
RICHARD
"Great Chicago getway for 2"
We stayed a week through the July 4th weekend. The hotel was a great location for us, with access to the lake shore, and many nearby neighborhoods which suits our walking style. We didn't use many of the hotel services because restaurants and bars were plentiful just a few minutes walk away, but found good breakfast selections on their menu on checkout day. The room was nice, though there was limited fridge space with all the mini bar items they had filled it with. All around, we were very happy with our stay the the Millennium Knickerbocker and the price for the neighborhood was good. We would stay there again if we get back to Chicago.
5 night romance trip Jul 1, 2015
"Our first visit to Chicago"
My husband and I and our 12 y. o. son came on the Amtrak for the Cubs-Cards game and spent one night. The room was excellent. The bathroom was beautiful but the toilet was high off the floor! There was no floor mat so we had to use a hand towel on the floor. The computer screen would not turn off. So it was lit up all night. The next morning it turned on so you could use it but we were leaving. Other than those minor things it is a very nice place and the staff was very courteous. We ate breakfast in the restaurant, Nix. The food and service was great. Elevators are small but that adds to the old city charm and fits in with the opulent gold-trimmed decor. Loved having the help from the doorman as well. Overall great place to stay!
1 night family trip Jul 6, 2015
Hope
at the "end' of downtown CHicago conveniently located, nice staff, walking distance to everything in Downtown
2 night family trip Jul 8, 2015
"Great Hotel, Great Staff, Unfortunate Practices"
Staff, service, comfort, cleanliness and condition were all exemplary. Nickel and dime-ing guests already paying for the comfort and amenities of the Knickerbocker (additional charges for internet access, a premium charge for parking) will prevent a top overall rating from me. Motel 6 can charge me extra for internet access... you're the Knickerbocker, add it to the cost of the room up front.
2 night trip Jul 3, 2015
Craig
Room was very small
3 night trip Jul 5, 2015
Francine
Hotel was great!
3 night romance trip Jul 3, 2015
JohnW
Nice room though smallish good location friendly staff
4 night romance trip Jul 2, 2015
"Noisy!"
Very noisy hotel. Could hear everything
1 night family trip Jul 2, 2015
"Pleasant stay"
I was a bit concerned when I read a few reviews about this hotel, however location made me choose it. The service was good. All employees were very nice and polite; and Anita was very helpful during our check in providing us map and additional info. We really enjoyed our stay and the room was very clean and comfy. There are nice restaurants, bars and stores in the neighborhood.
3 night romance trip Jul 2, 2015
Alessandra
wierd smell coming from bathroom at times, and a/c was inconsistent, sometimes hot in room
2 night romance trip Jul 3, 2015
"A little pricey for what you receive"
I wasn't a huge fan of the décor in our room and I think for the price of staying at the hotel there aren't many amenities offered. But overall, it was relaxing and comfortable and we enjoyed the shower.
3 night family trip Jul 1, 2015
Deodata
Quiet location in the heart of the Magnificant Mile. Just two blocks west of Mies' Lake Shore Drive Appartments.
3 night trip with friends Jul 1, 2015
Peder
"Weekend Getaway"
We enjoyed the hotel and the great location. Shopping and awesome restaurants all within walking distance. This is are 2nd time staying here we will come back again.
1 night romance trip Jun 28, 2015
"Good room, bad hotel amenities for price."
Hotel was very clean and luxurious. However phones in room were unable to reach hotel lobby for service. And no standard free WiFi. Would not recommend staying here for price.
1 night romance trip Jul 2, 2015
Brandon
"Rush Med Center Visit"
Stayed for one night to keep doctor appointment the next morning. Room was very nice, bed comfortable and I really liked the shower. A bit disappointed in the PC as it took a long time to bring anything up and sometimes it just kept working.
1 night business trip Jul 1, 2015
NOEL
"Would do it again! Great location!"
We enjoyed it, it was a lovely place and we even got out room upgraded to a lovely view off the main street toward Drake Hotel! Close to lakefront! Close to everything! Good value!
3 night romance trip Jun 27, 2015
Teodora
Friendly people, xlnt location, xlnt room
3 night business trip Jun 21, 2015
Bruce
"Five Stars!"
Excellent accommodation with request for rollaway bed. Managed to get reservation without alot of advanced notice. Only (small) negative is bathroom fan wasnt working - not a deal breaker though. Would definitely stay there again.
1 night family trip Apr 30, 2015
Hotel was nice enough. The room was comfortable and clean. Pillows were very comfortable. Shower is great if you don't mind getting your hair soaked when turning on the water. You have to reach all the way to the far end of the shower stall to turn on the water and there is a big rain head shower directly overhead so you get soaked when the water comes on. No shower caps were provided in the bathroom. Figured out how to set shower so that the hand held wand would come on instead of the rain head. Staff in the restaurant was very nice and food was good, (only had breakfast there). It would have been nice to have room service, but this is not an option at the Knickerbocker. When I was checking out I wanted to buy one of their robes, I was informed they did not have any new ones and I was told that I would need to return to my room to take the one in my room. Even though it was not noon when I tried to re-enter my room I was locked out. I gave up at that point. Overall though, I had an enjoyable stay at the Knickerbocker.
3 night family trip Jun 20, 2015
"Idk?"
Can't give a review because the hotel overbooked us. I was very disappointed because I am from Arizona and looking to celebrate my anniversary with my wife. Instead we had to stay at a hotel my wife passed numerous times because we felt it wasn't what we were looking for. The gentleman at the front desk was very nice and gave us cab money.
1 night romance trip Mar 7, 2015
Nicholas
"Weekend Getaway"
The stay was fabulous, the room was small but decent, the view was stunning of the lake looking North and the customer service (especially the front desk was impeccable). The valet was always slow and never answered the phone to call ahead, so we were always running late. Besides the bed sheets (stiff, slippery, cheap like tissue paper) the bed was incredible! Will probably be back....
2 night romance trip Jun 19, 2015
Great price, great location Excellent service.
1 night romance trip Jun 20, 2015
Was there for a family girl's weekend& had a wonderful time! Close to everything & even though the weather was less than ideal, we were very comfortable.
3 night family trip Jun 11, 2015
Debra
"Choose this hotel!"
First time to Chicago. Excellent location, very clean hotel. Efficient and fast check-in and out. Really comfortable bed and our room was extremely quiet. I searched for quite some time, comparing hotels and even rental condos and chose the Millennium Knickerbocker for it's location and value. It really was convenient to walk everywhere and get on the El to a Cubs game. Only tried the restaurant for breakfast; it was excellent but a little expensive.
4 night family trip Jun 10, 2015
Katherine
"Not bad place to stay"
The hotel itself is older but kept up. I would recommend this place in a great neighborhood and close to the lake. The only compliment was check in the clerk was not accommodating and was suppose to call me when a room was ready as I pre check in
2 night romance trip Jun 12, 2015
Nicholas
"Chicago trip room 1230"
Our stay was pleasant. The maid service was excellent. The carpets could be cleaned better and the walls could be touched up and a small microwave could be added to rooms. The coffee can be changed not good!!!!
6 night trip with friends Jun 7, 2015
Gloria
"Comfy bed. Convenient location."
Good location. Easy access to public transportation, sightseeing attractions and shopping. Really comfortable bed. I would definitely stay here again.
3 night romance trip Apr 16, 2015
"Next time"
Hello this is Lloyd, I was visiting from Houston. I have family in the area rather then stay with them I decided to stay Downtown. I am glad I did the view of the Lake was beautiful the staff was very friendly and profession room was nice and clean. I usually stay at The Palmer House but with my next stay it will The Millennium Knickerbocker
1 night trip May 26, 2015
Lloyd
"Fantastic customer service"
The front desk was very helpful and even gave us an upgrade because we were having a bad day.
1 night romance trip May 26, 2015
Very nice hotel, location is great, close to everything and comparing to other hotels around price is very reasonable.
Other trip May 31, 2015
rade
"Family trip"
Great location, walking distance to many activities. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Great stay.
1 night family trip May 28, 2015
"Memorial Day stay"
Only downfall was elevator got stuck. Other than that, the room was exactly what we wanted for our trip to Chicago.
Other trip May 30, 2015