All hotels in Barcelona, Spain
You can collect Welcome Rewards® nights herePau Claris, 150, Barcelona, Barcelona, 08009, Spain, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Under Construction"
Hotel itself is nice, clean, great roof top patio. But we found out at 6 am there was construction going on. We were woke up by drilling & jack hammering on the walls, you could feel the vibration. Hotel staff never notified us of this and when we asked about it they pretended to not really know what we were talking about it. Saying it was coming from another building which couldn't be possible if we could feel the vibration. I feel the hotel should be responsible for notifying guest upon booking of any renovations or construction so we can make other accomodations. It ruined our experience at Hotel Claris. :(
2 night trip with friends May 15, 2013
Jenny
"Nice hotel!"
Good service, good location, nice decoration, breakfast is not bad. Certainly will stay in this hotel again
4 night romance trip May 6, 2013
"Recommended"
Clean hotel with staff that was very accommodating. Desk gave us excellent recommendations for places to eat.
Other trip May 11, 2013
"Good stay and value but check the details"
Hotel was very good. Service was very good. Didn't check our Hotels.com receipt until the checkout and it turns out the hotel gave us a light-well facing room instead of a city view room during our four day stay. Also the sauna had a stainless steel water bucket inside the sauna at 120 degrees plus temperature. I burned my hand severely handling the pail.
4 night family trip Apr 22, 2013
"Gaudi at your doorstep"
My second time staying here. You can walk everywhere. Staff is helpful. Each room is unique. Hotel is two blocks from both La Pedrera and Casa Batllo, right in the middle of Eixample.
5 night trip with friends Mar 23, 2013
"Perfect!"
Location was everything! Courteous and exceptionally helpful staff! Would return again
3 night trip Mar 9, 2013
Candace
"great hotel, wonderful location, good price.."
The hotel was very good in all aspects. It doesn't have the magesty of other 5 star hotels but the service and quality is there. The location cannot be better, and in a safe and nice elegant area. One block away from Paseo de Gracia, two away from from Ramblas Catalans, and two from Diagonal. It is perfectly located to go anywhere in Barcelona. Two of Gaudi's masterpiece houses are walking distance (5 and 10 minutes away). The hop on/ hop off tourbus stop is 7 minutes away walking distance (at Paseo de Gracia in front of Gaudi's La Pedrera and Starbucks. Tons of coffee shops and good restaurants around.
5 night business trip Jan 26, 2013
cris
"Fabulous location - accommodating hotel"
This hotel was perfect for my stay. The hotel staff went out of their way to accommodate our every need. We ate dinner one night in the roof top restaurant, La Terraza. It was the best meal we had in Barcelona. Absolutely superb!!
5 night trip Jan 9, 2013
BL
"Perfect for pre-cruise stay!"
Perfect for staying in the heart of Barcelona for a few nights. We stayed prior to departing for a cruise for one night. Hotel staff was very accomodating. Room was clean and met our expectations (we typically stay in 4.5 - 5 star hotels). The window shade is a little thin and light comes in fairly easily, but that is just a nit. Tip - highly recommend taking the train to the hotel from the airport. I think the cost was six or seven euros and is the most cost effective mode of transportation. The train drops you off one block from the hotel. If you take a cab, you are wasting your money. The hotel is very convenient to La Sagrada and shopping. Highly recommend staying here.
Other trip Nov 19, 2012
Todd
"small room big price"
Very small rooms. Price>>breakfast not includeed %10 VAT = expensive
Other trip Oct 30, 2012
RT
"Construction noise and indifferent staff."
Paid extra for a 'duplex' room with extra space. Disappointing. Window looked directly in to a brick wall. I asked for a different room and was told nothing better was available...then the construction noise started. I again asked for a new room and was told that noise would stop soon. It stopped 1.5 days later. By then I was tired of asking for new room and just gave up.
Other trip Oct 29, 2012
"Not a good deal sorry"
they offer free internet on the website and its not free only give you 12 hours per stay. Staff very rude. Staff with much attitude told me that they gave me a superior room for more space ( like if they are giving me an upgrade) I booked a superior room, so they are not giving anything extra, I know what I booked...... and Iam not asking then anything, just my room. Room not clean ..... nice lobby nice terrace and elevator not working sorry....
Other trip Oct 18, 2012
Tony
"Beware of the internet quality...."
Good hotel in a good location but... wifi was slow, you could only connect one device and they did not offer a cable connection for internet
Other trip Oct 13, 2012
they were not ready for check in at designated time and you had to wait which it quite tiring when you just fly in
2 night trip Aug 26, 2012
"Great getaway hotel"
Most of the staff spoke english and were very helpful in helping us navigate our way around the city. Wonderful pool and very calming enviroment.
Other trip Aug 3, 2012
"Great location, great people."
The staff is great, especially Kathy at reception and Adrian at the pool (restaurant). British Airways lost my luggage and she was most helpful. The hotel is perfectly located. The only downside is that they advertised having a gym which really doesn't meet minimum standards: it only has three sets of weights and two antiquated machines in a tiny rooftop room to the back.
Other trip Aug 2, 2012
"Claris stay"
This hotel is very chic and a cool place to stay, very comfortable and the pool on the roof was awesome!
Other trip Jul 25, 2012
"Elegance and Comfort in a Convenient Location"
The Hotel Claris is well located and with a friendly and knowledgable staff. We had a wonderful time in Barcelona and rested comfortably every evening in our well-appointed and quiet room.
3 night family trip Jul 8, 2012
Phyllis
"Lovely Hotel"
The Hotel Claris is centrally located, within walking distance to several sites and public transportation. The hotel and rooms are very clean and pretty. Our room, on an upper floor, was very quiet. The beds were very comfortable. One negative is that the bathtub was not easy for an older guest to get in and out of, and there was a step in our room, Otherwise, the room was very nice. The staff at the hotel were very nice and very helpful. Whatever restaurants they recommended were excellent. They also gave us good advice regarding our questions about site seeing. There is a lovely rooftop restaurant and bar. The website did say free wifi, but I was told it was free only for a short time. They did have computers in a room off the lobby available for guests. A friend recommended the Hotel Claris to us, and I would also recommend it.
Other trip Jun 21, 2012
CC
"No thrilled"
for a "5" star hotel, ammenities were average at best. Small things like no clock in the room, typical european showers where you need to impleement flood control, you could not easily see the tv from the bed, limited storage space. Nothing overly negativr, but annoying.
Other trip May 28, 2012
"Required my memory from VENIS"
it was beautiful .the location was good we had a wonderful breakfast. the shower was very bad luckily we stayed only two nights
Other trip May 7, 2012
minoo
"We Like to Walk"
Modern hotel in upscale neighborhood. Close to Ramblas and Casa Mila. We had them valet our car, which was great. The room was very quiet because of an extra set of pocket doors. Although the room was small it was very impressive. It was a shame precious desk space was used for a large artifact display case. Perhaps that could have been on a shelf higher up. In all a very enjoyable stay.
2 night trip Apr 14, 2012

"Ruined my birthday"
I had booked this hotel as a 40th birthday treat to myself, I had booked a Duplex room to give myself and my companion more space for the stay. It was late when I arrived and my friend had already checked in so we had dinner and went to bed. We were woken in the morning, of my birthday, by very loud building works which sounded like they were coming through the walls, I called Reception and was told they would advise them to stop. An hour later it finally stopped, by which point we both had headaches and in very bad moods. We went out for the day and returned in the afternoon, I had asked at Reception if the noise was likely to wake me up again the following day and was told "no". Back in the room the noise was continuing and did so until 6pm, again ruining any quiet time we were planning to have. The room had no view - well of a brick wall but that is not the 'city view' as mentioned, it was not sound proof at all, there were no English TV channels, no newspaper on arrival, no tea or coffee making facitilies. We evetually found out that the room next door to ours was being totally refitted, so flooring, walls, etc were being re-done. No apologies were offered to us, I had even emailed the hotel prior to arrival to let them know it was my birthday and they had acknowledged the email. Room 201 is one to avoid, but to be honest after my recent stay I wished I had saved my money and stayed in a Holiday Inn - The Claris was a total waste of my money.
Other trip Jan 12, 2015
Emma
"Lovely Stay"
We had lovely stay at hotel Claris
4 night family trip Nov 27, 2014
"Our second stay, and still enjoying"
The hotel is very well located (walking distance from all major attractions), rooms are well decorated and you don't necessary have the feeling you're at the hotel (and bed is really comfortable), the roof top terrasse is great with restaurant and bar (+ outdoor swimming pool). Cost vs service and hotel is very good and we recommend this hotel (it was our second stay there).
Other trip Dec 2, 2014
Marie-Claude
"Generally good stay"
The location of the hotel was good and the service was excellent. However, we found it to be a little pricey for the room we got.
2 night romance trip Nov 1, 2014
SG
"Over-rated.... Dripping ceilings, poor service."
Was looking forward to this stay as i booked the duplex. The staff checked us in to a normal delux room. Then the staff who was supposed to bring us to our correct room forgot which room and both me and my husband ended up lugging our own lugguages to the new room while the hotel staff "watched and walked" with us. This was totally not what i expected from a top class hotel and more so that i booked the higher range of stay offered by the hotel.
1 night romance trip Oct 27, 2014
SG
"Nice hotel our room was quiet small"
Hotel was nice , pool small, our room was small, hotel drinks and meals were very expensive, don't touch the breakfast €23 each per day for 2 cold sausages 2 slice of bacon and scrambled eggs!! All cold, only had breakfast the once, plenty other places to eat at more reasonable prices if your willing to walk a little!!
Other trip Oct 25, 2014
tommy
"Very Impressed!"
We enjoyed the Hotel Claris from the time we arrived to departing! We were greeted at the door with a hello and smile. Everyone was accommodating in every way! Very impressed with staff....... Hotel amenities were excellent. One has to love the location just a 10 minute walk to the gothic area and el born. Which is a must see in Barcelona.
1 night romance trip Sep 28, 2014
Deborah
"Fantastic Hotel"
Truly wonderful hotel, duplex room with an upstairs lounge area was immaculate and beautifully designed. Staff could not do enough to help - probably the best hotel I have ever stayed!
Other trip Oct 7, 2014
Ben
"Great Boutique Hotel"
Great Boutique hotel! Extremely clean, quality of service was excellent in every area, great location for touring the old city ...... Cannot go wrong with this hotel. I would like to add the staff was extremely helpful and polite!!!
1 night trip Sep 29, 2014
Debbie Kallis
"A spectacular hotel"
Loved this hotel. Went for a long weekend with my husband and another couple. Very attentive staff and nothing the bother. Beautiful room and hotel. The roof top pool bar was the icing on the cake to enjoy a night cap under the stars. I would highly recommend this hotel. Very central hotel which gave instant access to the culture and ambience of Barcelona. We would definitely book this hotel again.
Other trip Sep 23, 2014
June
"Lovely hotel and wonderful staff"
Hotel Claris is a lovely modern hotel in a great location. The staff were very accommodating and anxious to please.
5 night trip Sep 15, 2014
"Great location and even better concierge."
Great hotel located right in the city centre. Pool area and bar are a great addition. Rooms were perfect and very clean including a tuck down in the evening. Only issue is the lack of irons, then when told one was not available was told I can pay them to press it. Not what you would expect from a 5* hotel. The concierge were amazing! Especially two young ladies. Diana was amazing at her job and genuinely lovely, I did not catch the other ladies name but she was equally as helpful. Was glad we used them for their expertise in restaurants.
Other trip Sep 15, 2014
SR
"Nice location. Near everything"
We arrived at this hotel and stayed over for two nights. First impression of hotel very modern decor and the staff were very polite and attentive. The best thing about the trip was that the location of this hotel is perfect! We ended up finding really nice restaurants nearby and walked everywhere to the beach, la familia etc . Worth a visit !!
Other trip Sep 11, 2014
sonia
"Good but didn't live up to it's promises/ratings"
We enjoyed our stay but wouldn't stay again. Had to move rooms 3 times due to some electrical issues in our room. Management handled this fairly well and offered us a suite for our final night (and left us a bottle of Cava), this was a nice touch however even then the aircon and sauna didn't work as the electrics didn't work (fuse tripped and no electrician available until the next day). Overall, I wished I had booked another hotel. On the plus side, it's clean, it's central (is a bit noisy), the roof top pool is nice (although ordering anything at the bar will cost you triple). Management did handle our issues well which left me feeling positive overall but the disruption to our trip was annoying. Personally I just felt it wasn't what I would expect from a hotel with this level of star rating.
4 night romance trip Aug 22, 2014
"excellent central hotel,"
a very relaxing short stay, top hotel excellent attentive staff, not a cheap option but in this instance you get what you pay for! only draw back was a loud mouthed racist biggot at breakfast, but that was 6the fault of the staff. overall a great long weekend!the hotel was a pleasant
Other trip Aug 29, 2014
peter
"Waste of money"
We pre booked four nights at Claris on expedia and prepaid - it was non refundable. On the first night, we barely got any sleep. The walls are paper thin - you can hear taps being turned on in the rooms beside you, you can hear other peoples conversations. They say the wifi is high speed - this is not the case. I was unable to download files for work, it kept logging me out each time I closed my computer - I couldn't even watch a youtube clip! The internet is ridiculously slow - I had faster speed internet using the wifi in Cafe Emma across the road! When we requested to be moved to a quieter room and complained about the wifi, the staff were rude, and one actually said 'what do you expect me to do about that?'. Without a doubt, the worst customer service and the worst hotel I have stayed in - and we paid a premium.
Other trip Aug 28, 2014
Sheena
"Great!"
My partner and I have just returned from a 3 night stay at the Claris and really enjoyed it. The hotel is modern without being souless. The room was a good size and well presented. Just be careful when taking a shower though as we found the shower screen to be inadequate which resulted in a flooded bathroom! The staff were very helpful and nothing was too much trouble. The rooftop terrace was lovely. The hotel is situated just 2 minutes from the shops but not too near the main area for it to be noisy. We would definitely choose this hotel again and would have no hesitation in recommending it to others for both comfort and value for money.
3 night romance trip Aug 22, 2014
Michelle and Mike
"Weekend break"
The hotel was in a good position to visit all of the attractions.the staff were very helpful and friendly .we had a budget room that was very comfortable and clean.we enjoyed the use of the roof bar and pool.
Other trip Aug 26, 2014
lin
"Honeymoon"
We had a lovely stay in the Hotel Claris. the room was lovely and the hotel kept to a high standard. The location was central with good transport links. my minor issues which were minor, the cleaner was in the room every day however there was always hairs left on the bathroom floor and the room sound proofing wasnt great, you could hear people in surounding rooms and the corridor quite clearly.
Other trip Aug 26, 2014
"Great hotel in every way!"
Room was a duplex suite and was lovely! Bed was really comfortable, had a little chill out area upstairs and the bathroom was beautiful! Wonderful housekeeping service with mints left on your pillow at night. The food on the rooftop terrace was amazing! A must try! I even proposed to my girlfriend up there on the terrace, she said yes :) It's a great hotel all around. The staff are pleasant and helpful. The pool area next to the terrace is a great place to relax and soak up that lovely sun aswel! You can see why it's 5stars!
Other trip Aug 15, 2014
Ryan
"Great hotel super friendly staff"
Hotel was really easy to find, when we got there really friendly staff up graded our room to there top floor suite. Great recommendations every night and arranged booking in clubs and restaurants. Would definitely come back.
Other trip Aug 12, 2014
james
"Lovely little hotel"
We stayed for three days for a romantic city break. Hotel was lovely : big reception /lounge, excellent decor. The roof terrace always had tables for drinks though the loungers by the 'splash' pool were sometimes in short supply. The breakfast had a reasonable rather than amazing choice and the staff seemed to struggle, which may be why they were offering it half price €11 if we booked breakfast every day up front. My only complaints were the 'cosy' basic room size (bathroom door virtually converted the whole bathroom) and our room facing the street on the 2nd floor was noisy with traffic all night. They were happy to move us to a quieter internal room on request.
Other trip Aug 8, 2014
Terry
"My 5 night stay in Barcelona"
The location of this hotel is very good approximately 15 min walk to Barcelona Cathedral The hotel pool on the roof is fabulous The room was very spacious No kettle in the room to make a coffee Not enough hanging space for my partners dresses Shower over bath was to powerful floor was wet after you had a shower Small boutique hotel in a beautiful older building If the hotel addressed the minor things like kettle & lack of closet space then this hotel would be hard to beat
Other trip Jul 24, 2014
joseph
Not a 5 star breakfast poor I booked a triple room .....my bed was a settee with a pillow and sheets I should have complained really but didn'twant
Other trip Jul 22, 2014
sue
"Great location. City hotel"
Great hotel in great location. Easy walking distance to attractions eg Sagrada Familia, La Ramblas etc. Hotel staff friendly, helpful and courteous. Clean comfortable room. Slept well after busy day sight seeing.
Other trip Jul 14, 2014
Chrissiejean
"Lovely central hotel"
Definitely the best hotel we have stayed in ! Staff were very lovely and helpful room was fantastic and clean can't fault this hotel one bit will be going back for sure
Other trip Jul 9, 2014
"Great Boutique Hotel"
We arrived on an early morning flight after traveling for 14 hours. We were very pleased to go straight to our room without paying an early arrival fee. The hotel staff were very helpful with all our requests. Room service was prompt and the food was good. My only complaint would be that the breakfast was over priced. Most places don't open before 10am, however, there are a few close by the hotel that we found wandering around the day after check-in. The roof top bar is also expensive, but the view & atmosphere is great!
"Lovely hotel great central location"
Lovely hotel in Central Barcelona , lovely helpful staff especially the door man!. A superb 4 day stay
Other trip Jun 27, 2014