All hotels in Barcelona, Spain
Pau Claris, 150, Barcelona, Barcelona, 08009, Spain, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Why I loved Hotal Claris"
Close to everything-nice rooms-very helpful staff- a wonderful experience
Other trip Aug 16, 2013
"Loud!"
The noise from the street lasted throughout the night. The tiled hallways echoed noise from people going in and out of their rooms. The people above us and next to us were so LOUD. Rarely slept.
5 night trip Aug 5, 2013
"Fairly priced 5-star hotel in heart of barcelona"
This was a great find! My only problem with this hotel is inherent with most European hotels; the bed was not a king sized bed. However, the room was adorned in a very modern/fashionable manner and even had free internet! The location was even better; the hotel is located very near El Paseo de Gracia, which is one of the nicest streets in Barcelona. I've stayed in many different Barcelona Hotels, and this was by far the best yet. I'd recommend this hotel to anyone, and I will certainly consider staying here again during my next stay in this wonderful city.
3 night family trip Jul 31, 2013
We would stay there again if we return to Barcelona
Other trip Aug 7, 2013
"Hotel Claris, Barcelona"
Excellent Hotel The service was wonderful. My husband and I would stay there again. Hotels.com did a wonderful job with The Claris. Thank you
7 night family trip Jul 18, 2013
Siobhan
"Center of Barcelona"
Great hotel staff, service, room...Walking distance (2-4 blocks) to all the points of interest in Barcelona, & to some of the tour operators nearby offices too....honestly, best place to stay at if 1st visit to Barcelona...only took a cab to & from the airport...all else within walking distance...will be staying here again for further visits!
2 night trip Jul 11, 2013
jesus
"Great location and the staff is wonderful!"
Hotel is conveniently located in a nice, safe neighborhood, very close to the Metro station, bus stops, and the park. The Staff in the restaurant were exceptional, very friendly and welcoming. The breakfast provided was delicious.
Other trip Jul 11, 2013
Paula
"Fantastic hotel staff/Great location"
We had a lovely stay at the Hotel Claris. We needed to change our room type when we first arrived and the staff were very accommodating about that. There was a slight problem with noisy doors above our room which we put up with for 2 nights since it sounded like the hotel was working on the problem. Turns out what we thought was "work" on the problem was actually construction on a building next door. After 2 nights and mornings of horrific squeaking of doors upstairs we had the assistant manager and another helper check out the problem. They were very apologetic and fixed the doors promptly and then sent a bottle of Cava that afternoon to the room for our inconvenience. Classy and definitely appreciated.
4 night family trip Jun 24, 2013
Peggy
Very nice hotel. Great location. Staff was very helpfull, gave us 3 nice restaurants to eat at.Would stay here again.
3 night trip Jun 15, 2013
"Nice hotel good location"
The hotel is good. Property is a little tired. Small updates would help. Rooms are small, well appointed and could use some upkeep. Ours had a shower head that leaked a little and shower door had small cracks. Wi-Fi was a little slow and spotty. It is a nice property, very well located with a great roof top pool. Staff tries very hard to make it good for guests.
Other trip Jun 22, 2013
"Wonderful hotel in L'Eixample,"
Europe is notorious for little, tiny rooms. We had a standard room, very comfortable ed, nice sitting area to watch TV and a wonderful bathroom. The rooms have an art pieces and we loved ours. The personnel was wonderful in all shifts. Very convenient location in L'Eixample, walking distance to La Pedrera, Casa Batlló and restaurants.
Other trip May 22, 2013
Juan
"Under Construction"
Hotel itself is nice, clean, great roof top patio. But we found out at 6 am there was construction going on. We were woke up by drilling & jack hammering on the walls, you could feel the vibration. Hotel staff never notified us of this and when we asked about it they pretended to not really know what we were talking about it. Saying it was coming from another building which couldn't be possible if we could feel the vibration. I feel the hotel should be responsible for notifying guest upon booking of any renovations or construction so we can make other accomodations. It ruined our experience at Hotel Claris. :(
2 night trip with friends May 15, 2013
Jenny
"Nice hotel!"
Good service, good location, nice decoration, breakfast is not bad. Certainly will stay in this hotel again
4 night romance trip May 6, 2013
"Recommended"
Clean hotel with staff that was very accommodating. Desk gave us excellent recommendations for places to eat.
Other trip May 11, 2013
"Good stay and value but check the details"
Hotel was very good. Service was very good. Didn't check our Hotels.com receipt until the checkout and it turns out the hotel gave us a light-well facing room instead of a city view room during our four day stay. Also the sauna had a stainless steel water bucket inside the sauna at 120 degrees plus temperature. I burned my hand severely handling the pail.
4 night family trip Apr 22, 2013
"Gaudi at your doorstep"
My second time staying here. You can walk everywhere. Staff is helpful. Each room is unique. Hotel is two blocks from both La Pedrera and Casa Batllo, right in the middle of Eixample.
5 night trip with friends Mar 23, 2013
"Perfect!"
Location was everything! Courteous and exceptionally helpful staff! Would return again
3 night trip Mar 9, 2013
Candace
"great hotel, wonderful location, good price.."
The hotel was very good in all aspects. It doesn't have the magesty of other 5 star hotels but the service and quality is there. The location cannot be better, and in a safe and nice elegant area. One block away from Paseo de Gracia, two away from from Ramblas Catalans, and two from Diagonal. It is perfectly located to go anywhere in Barcelona. Two of Gaudi's masterpiece houses are walking distance (5 and 10 minutes away). The hop on/ hop off tourbus stop is 7 minutes away walking distance (at Paseo de Gracia in front of Gaudi's La Pedrera and Starbucks. Tons of coffee shops and good restaurants around.
5 night business trip Jan 26, 2013
cris
"Fabulous location - accommodating hotel"
This hotel was perfect for my stay. The hotel staff went out of their way to accommodate our every need. We ate dinner one night in the roof top restaurant, La Terraza. It was the best meal we had in Barcelona. Absolutely superb!!
5 night trip Jan 9, 2013
BL
"Perfect for pre-cruise stay!"
Perfect for staying in the heart of Barcelona for a few nights. We stayed prior to departing for a cruise for one night. Hotel staff was very accomodating. Room was clean and met our expectations (we typically stay in 4.5 - 5 star hotels). The window shade is a little thin and light comes in fairly easily, but that is just a nit. Tip - highly recommend taking the train to the hotel from the airport. I think the cost was six or seven euros and is the most cost effective mode of transportation. The train drops you off one block from the hotel. If you take a cab, you are wasting your money. The hotel is very convenient to La Sagrada and shopping. Highly recommend staying here.
Other trip Nov 19, 2012
Todd
"small room big price"
Very small rooms. Price>>breakfast not includeed %10 VAT = expensive
Other trip Oct 30, 2012
RT
"Construction noise and indifferent staff."
Paid extra for a 'duplex' room with extra space. Disappointing. Window looked directly in to a brick wall. I asked for a different room and was told nothing better was available...then the construction noise started. I again asked for a new room and was told that noise would stop soon. It stopped 1.5 days later. By then I was tired of asking for new room and just gave up.
Other trip Oct 29, 2012
"Not a good deal sorry"
they offer free internet on the website and its not free only give you 12 hours per stay. Staff very rude. Staff with much attitude told me that they gave me a superior room for more space ( like if they are giving me an upgrade) I booked a superior room, so they are not giving anything extra, I know what I booked...... and Iam not asking then anything, just my room. Room not clean ..... nice lobby nice terrace and elevator not working sorry....
Other trip Oct 18, 2012
Tony
"Beware of the internet quality...."
Good hotel in a good location but... wifi was slow, you could only connect one device and they did not offer a cable connection for internet
Other trip Oct 13, 2012
they were not ready for check in at designated time and you had to wait which it quite tiring when you just fly in
2 night trip Aug 26, 2012

"Nice and comfortable boutique hotel"
I had a Short business trip to Barcelona and stayed one night in this hotel.rhe staff were very friendly, polite and had good understanding. Beautifully designed room with comfortable bed and I enjoyed my short stay there.
1 night business trip Jun 9, 2015
Mohammad
"Claris - A great hotel !"
Great central location . Hotel staff extremely helpful, one of the most comfortable beds l have ever slept in . Looking forward to returning soon
5 night romance trip May 31, 2015
Philip
"Disappointing stay"
Room was booked for three adults for 10 nights. It was almost too small for a couple. Bathroom had no door. Hand wash basin and taps poorly designed, water splashing all over the place. Temperature of shower was impossible to adjust forcing us to shower at almost burning temperature. Drain for bath tub was almost blocked. Only one dust bin was provided. Amenities were originally prepared for 2 although room was booked for 3 adults. Upon reporting issue to front desk, two alternative rooms were offered but were hardly any better. The best they could offer was free breakfast or an additional room at a reduced price over and above the exhorbitant rate for the original room. I booked to stay in this 5 star hotel but received a service of a 3 to 4 star hotel. Total charge per night exceeded Euro 400 which was way overpriced for the size of room and quality of service. One of the three occupants decided to cut his vacation short after 6 of the 10 nights. We did our best to stay in the hotel room for as little time as possible. Breakfast was good and staff were generally nice. Breakfast area was in the basement with absolutely no natural light in this supposedly 5 star hotel. Although staff were generally nice I do not consider staying in this hotel again.
10 night family trip May 15, 2015
Nidal
"GREAT PLACE"
Great place and location, well worth staying here for any kind of trip to Barca
Other trip Apr 21, 2015
"Highly recommend"
We celebrate my birthday whilst staying at the hotel and the staff absolutely spoiled us. Very friendly and helpful staff 24 hours!
Other trip Apr 19, 2015
"Fantastic hotel, great staff and amazing location!"
Great location! Staff were always very friendly and helpful. Lovely room with jacuzzi and sauna. Facing road but very quiet as rooms are soundproofed. Always spotless when returning to room with lovely chocolates waiting on every return. Staff catered to every need from the start to finish. Could not be happier.
Deniz
"great for exploring"
The hotel is situated in a great location for exploring the city, walking distance to centre and most bus stops and metro, taxi rank outside. hotel itself a bit strange layout, clean room but not great layout for ladies, only mirror in hall or bathroom, only news channel in English, no sky channels etc but we were out most of the time so no big deal. A bit on the expensive side for what it is but stff make up for it..very nice.
Other trip Jan 28, 2015
Carrie
"Excellent staff were brilliant and very helpful"
woudl definately go back and would reccomened anyone great value for money
Other trip Jan 26, 2015
"Ruined my birthday"
I had booked this hotel as a 40th birthday treat to myself, I had booked a Duplex room to give myself and my companion more space for the stay. It was late when I arrived and my friend had already checked in so we had dinner and went to bed. We were woken in the morning, of my birthday, by very loud building works which sounded like they were coming through the walls, I called Reception and was told they would advise them to stop. An hour later it finally stopped, by which point we both had headaches and in very bad moods. We went out for the day and returned in the afternoon, I had asked at Reception if the noise was likely to wake me up again the following day and was told "no". Back in the room the noise was continuing and did so until 6pm, again ruining any quiet time we were planning to have. The room had no view - well of a brick wall but that is not the 'city view' as mentioned, it was not sound proof at all, there were no English TV channels, no newspaper on arrival, no tea or coffee making facitilies. We evetually found out that the room next door to ours was being totally refitted, so flooring, walls, etc were being re-done. No apologies were offered to us, I had even emailed the hotel prior to arrival to let them know it was my birthday and they had acknowledged the email. Room 201 is one to avoid, but to be honest after my recent stay I wished I had saved my money and stayed in a Holiday Inn - The Claris was a total waste of my money.
Other trip Jan 12, 2015
Emma
"Lovely Stay"
We had lovely stay at hotel Claris
4 night family trip Nov 27, 2014
"Our second stay, and still enjoying"
The hotel is very well located (walking distance from all major attractions), rooms are well decorated and you don't necessary have the feeling you're at the hotel (and bed is really comfortable), the roof top terrasse is great with restaurant and bar (+ outdoor swimming pool). Cost vs service and hotel is very good and we recommend this hotel (it was our second stay there).
Other trip Dec 2, 2014
Marie-Claude
"Generally good stay"
The location of the hotel was good and the service was excellent. However, we found it to be a little pricey for the room we got.
2 night romance trip Nov 1, 2014
SG
"Over-rated.... Dripping ceilings, poor service."
Was looking forward to this stay as i booked the duplex. The staff checked us in to a normal delux room. Then the staff who was supposed to bring us to our correct room forgot which room and both me and my husband ended up lugging our own lugguages to the new room while the hotel staff "watched and walked" with us. This was totally not what i expected from a top class hotel and more so that i booked the higher range of stay offered by the hotel.
1 night romance trip Oct 27, 2014
SG
"Nice hotel our room was quiet small"
Hotel was nice , pool small, our room was small, hotel drinks and meals were very expensive, don't touch the breakfast €23 each per day for 2 cold sausages 2 slice of bacon and scrambled eggs!! All cold, only had breakfast the once, plenty other places to eat at more reasonable prices if your willing to walk a little!!
Other trip Oct 25, 2014
tommy
"Very Impressed!"
We enjoyed the Hotel Claris from the time we arrived to departing! We were greeted at the door with a hello and smile. Everyone was accommodating in every way! Very impressed with staff....... Hotel amenities were excellent. One has to love the location just a 10 minute walk to the gothic area and el born. Which is a must see in Barcelona.
1 night romance trip Sep 28, 2014
Deborah
"Fantastic Hotel"
Truly wonderful hotel, duplex room with an upstairs lounge area was immaculate and beautifully designed. Staff could not do enough to help - probably the best hotel I have ever stayed!
Other trip Oct 7, 2014
Ben
"Great Boutique Hotel"
Great Boutique hotel! Extremely clean, quality of service was excellent in every area, great location for touring the old city ...... Cannot go wrong with this hotel. I would like to add the staff was extremely helpful and polite!!!
1 night trip Sep 29, 2014
Debbie Kallis
"A spectacular hotel"
Loved this hotel. Went for a long weekend with my husband and another couple. Very attentive staff and nothing the bother. Beautiful room and hotel. The roof top pool bar was the icing on the cake to enjoy a night cap under the stars. I would highly recommend this hotel. Very central hotel which gave instant access to the culture and ambience of Barcelona. We would definitely book this hotel again.
Other trip Sep 23, 2014
June
"Lovely hotel and wonderful staff"
Hotel Claris is a lovely modern hotel in a great location. The staff were very accommodating and anxious to please.
5 night trip Sep 15, 2014
"Great location and even better concierge."
Great hotel located right in the city centre. Pool area and bar are a great addition. Rooms were perfect and very clean including a tuck down in the evening. Only issue is the lack of irons, then when told one was not available was told I can pay them to press it. Not what you would expect from a 5* hotel. The concierge were amazing! Especially two young ladies. Diana was amazing at her job and genuinely lovely, I did not catch the other ladies name but she was equally as helpful. Was glad we used them for their expertise in restaurants.
Other trip Sep 15, 2014
SR
"Nice location. Near everything"
We arrived at this hotel and stayed over for two nights. First impression of hotel very modern decor and the staff were very polite and attentive. The best thing about the trip was that the location of this hotel is perfect! We ended up finding really nice restaurants nearby and walked everywhere to the beach, la familia etc . Worth a visit !!
Other trip Sep 11, 2014
sonia
"Good but didn't live up to it's promises/ratings"
We enjoyed our stay but wouldn't stay again. Had to move rooms 3 times due to some electrical issues in our room. Management handled this fairly well and offered us a suite for our final night (and left us a bottle of Cava), this was a nice touch however even then the aircon and sauna didn't work as the electrics didn't work (fuse tripped and no electrician available until the next day). Overall, I wished I had booked another hotel. On the plus side, it's clean, it's central (is a bit noisy), the roof top pool is nice (although ordering anything at the bar will cost you triple). Management did handle our issues well which left me feeling positive overall but the disruption to our trip was annoying. Personally I just felt it wasn't what I would expect from a hotel with this level of star rating.
4 night romance trip Aug 22, 2014
"excellent central hotel,"
a very relaxing short stay, top hotel excellent attentive staff, not a cheap option but in this instance you get what you pay for! only draw back was a loud mouthed racist biggot at breakfast, but that was 6the fault of the staff. overall a great long weekend!the hotel was a pleasant
Other trip Aug 29, 2014
peter
"Waste of money"
We pre booked four nights at Claris on expedia and prepaid - it was non refundable. On the first night, we barely got any sleep. The walls are paper thin - you can hear taps being turned on in the rooms beside you, you can hear other peoples conversations. They say the wifi is high speed - this is not the case. I was unable to download files for work, it kept logging me out each time I closed my computer - I couldn't even watch a youtube clip! The internet is ridiculously slow - I had faster speed internet using the wifi in Cafe Emma across the road! When we requested to be moved to a quieter room and complained about the wifi, the staff were rude, and one actually said 'what do you expect me to do about that?'. Without a doubt, the worst customer service and the worst hotel I have stayed in - and we paid a premium.
Other trip Aug 28, 2014
Sheena
"Great!"
My partner and I have just returned from a 3 night stay at the Claris and really enjoyed it. The hotel is modern without being souless. The room was a good size and well presented. Just be careful when taking a shower though as we found the shower screen to be inadequate which resulted in a flooded bathroom! The staff were very helpful and nothing was too much trouble. The rooftop terrace was lovely. The hotel is situated just 2 minutes from the shops but not too near the main area for it to be noisy. We would definitely choose this hotel again and would have no hesitation in recommending it to others for both comfort and value for money.
3 night romance trip Aug 22, 2014