All hotels in Barcelona, Spain

Bad internet service
  • Wellness Area
    Poor wellness & sports facilities
"Barcelona Perfection"
Hotel Claris is a perfect small hotel in the heart of the Gothic section of Barcelona. Our room was quite large and had a second floor! We were able to walk to just about everything we wanted to see. The concierge service representative was friendly, charming and a delight to work with. She provided gave us numerous ideas which we are able to choose to fit our schedule. We would definitely return to this hotel
Other trip Jun 5, 2014
"Malfunctioning AC"
Would have been a pleasure except for the malfunctioning AC for 2 of my 4 nights. Manager offered a 10% discount.
4 night trip May 18, 2014
Arnon
"Excellent hotel in the heart of Barcelona !"
The Claris is a five star hotel in the heart of Barcelona's L'Eixample neighborhood . The location was convenient to all of Barcelona's icons and metro. This international city is easy to navigate, clean, friendly, and is located approximately thirty minutes, by train, from one of Barcelona's famous Mediterranean beach resorts Sitges.
Other trip May 17, 2014
We loved this hotel. When we arrived, we were immediately upgraded. Room was amazing! Very helpful with restaurant suggestions. Only complaint was that it was a little far to the older neighborhood. Still, small price to pay for such an incredible hotel in a fantastic neighborhood.
4 night trip Apr 18, 2014
Debra
"Great week in BCN"
Wonderful boutique hotel with great and attentive service. Central location and very unique architecture with unique art in every room in and in all the open spaces.
5 night trip Apr 15, 2014
"This is not a 5 Star hotel"
4 stars , maybe. You don't walk down into a 5 star hotel. No ambiance in the lobby. Chair were broken in the lobby.
Other trip Mar 4, 2014
"Barcelona"
Hotel Claris was the perfect place for our stay in Barcelona. The Hotel is recently renovated with beautiful bathroom and pool. The location is ideal for visiting the city as everything is within walking distance.
1 night family trip Dec 22, 2013
"Hotel Claris a Modern Classic"
Hotel Claris is a thoroughly modern first class hotel. It is one short block of a main street served by all the bus tours. Taxi availability is 24 hours. The Hotel Claris had a classic exterior appropriate for the neighborhood. Inside the hotel it is very tastefully modern. This is a true high end 4 star hotel. Service was excellent at all levels. the rooms wonderfully appointed. The rooftop pool and terrace were wonderful. I would NOT recommend a room on the 6th floor. They are directly under the popular rooftop facillities. 4th or 5th floor would be a better choice. I would stay hear again. Barcellona can be expensive in the 5+ star range. The Hotel Claris was a great alternative. SG
Other trip Nov 5, 2013
SG
"Added to the overall Barcelona experience"
From the moment we arrived the entire staff had our stay in their focus. Helpful, friendly, knowledgeable. The hotel is in a great location with superb facilities.
Other trip Oct 10, 2013
"Lovely Hotel"
We had a really nice stay at the Claris. Although we didn't eat breakfast or dinner there, so I can't rate the food, we were quite happy with the rooftop bar and the swimming pool was a lovely relaxing time after a long day, though it's too small to do any real swimming. We enjoyed the five star amenities such as robes and slippers and turn down service. The neighborhood is nice and quiet but within walking distance to most attractions. We'd have stayed here again when we needed another hotel the following weekend but the price nearly doubled.
2 night trip Sep 15, 2013
Jackie
"Who's in charge?"
The general manager of this fine hotel should be replaced for allowing the attitude of the staff to treat the customers like there doing them a favor for being there. The front desk never smiles. The housekeeping does the bare minimum. We asked the front desk to have the sheets replaced after the second night. We marked them prior to the daily service. When we came back later, we checked them and they were not replaced. The housekeeper who came to replace them, disconnected our house phone, unplugged our phone chargers and never cleaned the bathroom floor after that. Where is the supervision? The wait staff on the roof top restaurant would not serve a meal to us because we were sitting at a high top table. This was at 7pm nobody was in the restaurant, the first reservation was at 9pm but they would only serve tappas were we were sitting. So we left and went to the next block and had a great meal. This Hotel is listed as the Flagship property of the Derby Hotel chain, according to there in room magazine. This property has that potential, but it is run like the Dingy of the Derby Hotels
Other trip Sep 16, 2013
"VERY HIGHLY SATISFIED. . . . . Safe, Clean"
This hotel's locations is in the center of Town. Lots of side walks restaurant. A very safe hotel with outstanding customer service personnel . Rooms are very clean and assistance response is quick. I will highly recommend this hotel to all. Do not buy - in to the low daily rate of other hotel as advertise because you will be sorry.
Other trip Sep 16, 2013
Nick
This is a wonderful hotel in a great location...walking distance to main attractions and 15 minute walk to La Rambla. The staff was extremely courteous and helpful in every way.
3 night family trip Sep 3, 2013
Train station stop two blocks (Passeig de Gracia stop) from the hotel. No need to take a taxi from the airport. Safe and convenient location/base. My husband thought it was more of a four star hotel compared to other five star US hotels. Turn down service appreciated. Loved the chocolate! Value appreciated as about $100 cheaper than the other five star hotel near by. I do not use a hotel for its amenities, typically, but for a comfortable base - so this was great.
3 night trip Aug 30, 2013
"Great place!"
Fantastic experience. Staff was excellent. The only thing I would say is I wish I would have known the continental breakfast was not included (most hotels it is). I would not have paid $60 for a continental breakfast had I known. In all the hotels I have stayed, they usually tell you. My mistake though, I should not have assumed. Other than that, it was a great place and would highly recommend it.
Other trip Sep 2, 2013
Maria
"Great property in a central location."
The staff is lovely. They provide excellent service, always with a smile. My third time there and will go back.
Other trip Aug 31, 2013
Ray
"Location is great!"
The service and room was the best during my vacation in Spain. (I stayed in 4 other hotels in Madrid,Sevilla,Granada and Malaga)
Other trip Aug 28, 2013
"I won't go back to this hotel"
The first morning after I woke up I saw a big stain of blood and yellow stuff on my pillow. It was disgusting. I shouted and my husband thought I got bitten by something but my ears were totally fine. The pillow case was not Clean! I was so disappointed and wished to change my hotel but we had no choice but stay. My husband checked other pillows. Two of them were not clean. :(( Wi-Fi is for checking sites Only! to check your email or Face book you have to pay 10 Euros per day PER DEVICE!! HAHA if you have two smart phones you need to pay 20 Euros PER DAY!! Bathroom is too small and getting into the shower is hard. Nice thing about this hotel is that staff are friendly and helpful. Breakfast was very good and fresh. Location was walking distance to many places. Will not stay again.
Other trip Aug 20, 2013
"For the money, very not worth it."
Came into the Hotel close to midnight, no bail men and no slide for luggages to roll in or out of the hotel. It took me almost five minutes to figure out the showers because they are so old . Much more..... But enough said.
Other trip Aug 19, 2013
georgie
"Why I loved Hotal Claris"
Close to everything-nice rooms-very helpful staff- a wonderful experience
Other trip Aug 16, 2013
"Loud!"
The noise from the street lasted throughout the night. The tiled hallways echoed noise from people going in and out of their rooms. The people above us and next to us were so LOUD. Rarely slept.
5 night trip Aug 5, 2013
"Fairly priced 5-star hotel in heart of barcelona"
This was a great find! My only problem with this hotel is inherent with most European hotels; the bed was not a king sized bed. However, the room was adorned in a very modern/fashionable manner and even had free internet! The location was even better; the hotel is located very near El Paseo de Gracia, which is one of the nicest streets in Barcelona. I've stayed in many different Barcelona Hotels, and this was by far the best yet. I'd recommend this hotel to anyone, and I will certainly consider staying here again during my next stay in this wonderful city.
3 night family trip Jul 31, 2013
We would stay there again if we return to Barcelona
Other trip Aug 7, 2013
"Hotel Claris, Barcelona"
Excellent Hotel The service was wonderful. My husband and I would stay there again. Hotels.com did a wonderful job with The Claris. Thank you
7 night family trip Jul 18, 2013
Siobhan
"Center of Barcelona"
Great hotel staff, service, room...Walking distance (2-4 blocks) to all the points of interest in Barcelona, & to some of the tour operators nearby offices too....honestly, best place to stay at if 1st visit to Barcelona...only took a cab to & from the airport...all else within walking distance...will be staying here again for further visits!
2 night trip Jul 11, 2013
jesus
"Great location and the staff is wonderful!"
Hotel is conveniently located in a nice, safe neighborhood, very close to the Metro station, bus stops, and the park. The Staff in the restaurant were exceptional, very friendly and welcoming. The breakfast provided was delicious.
Other trip Jul 11, 2013
Paula
"Fantastic hotel staff/Great location"
We had a lovely stay at the Hotel Claris. We needed to change our room type when we first arrived and the staff were very accommodating about that. There was a slight problem with noisy doors above our room which we put up with for 2 nights since it sounded like the hotel was working on the problem. Turns out what we thought was "work" on the problem was actually construction on a building next door. After 2 nights and mornings of horrific squeaking of doors upstairs we had the assistant manager and another helper check out the problem. They were very apologetic and fixed the doors promptly and then sent a bottle of Cava that afternoon to the room for our inconvenience. Classy and definitely appreciated.
4 night family trip Jun 24, 2013
Peggy
Very nice hotel. Great location. Staff was very helpfull, gave us 3 nice restaurants to eat at.Would stay here again.
3 night trip Jun 15, 2013
"Nice hotel good location"
The hotel is good. Property is a little tired. Small updates would help. Rooms are small, well appointed and could use some upkeep. Ours had a shower head that leaked a little and shower door had small cracks. Wi-Fi was a little slow and spotty. It is a nice property, very well located with a great roof top pool. Staff tries very hard to make it good for guests.
Other trip Jun 22, 2013
"Wonderful hotel in L'Eixample,"
Europe is notorious for little, tiny rooms. We had a standard room, very comfortable ed, nice sitting area to watch TV and a wonderful bathroom. The rooms have an art pieces and we loved ours. The personnel was wonderful in all shifts. Very convenient location in L'Eixample, walking distance to La Pedrera, Casa Batlló and restaurants.
Other trip May 22, 2013
Juan
"Under Construction"
Hotel itself is nice, clean, great roof top patio. But we found out at 6 am there was construction going on. We were woke up by drilling & jack hammering on the walls, you could feel the vibration. Hotel staff never notified us of this and when we asked about it they pretended to not really know what we were talking about it. Saying it was coming from another building which couldn't be possible if we could feel the vibration. I feel the hotel should be responsible for notifying guest upon booking of any renovations or construction so we can make other accomodations. It ruined our experience at Hotel Claris. :(
2 night trip with friends May 15, 2013
Jenny
"Nice hotel!"
Good service, good location, nice decoration, breakfast is not bad. Certainly will stay in this hotel again
4 night romance trip May 6, 2013
"Recommended"
Clean hotel with staff that was very accommodating. Desk gave us excellent recommendations for places to eat.
Other trip May 11, 2013

The following English reviews were posted by hotel guests from other countries:

"Lovely stay at the Claris"
Wonderful few days spent in Barcelona at the Claris. Hotel was excellent with very good breakfast. I found the dinner menu on the terrace a bit restricted. The Chinese restaurant was excellent. My only real complaint would be the total lack of tea making facilities in the room.
3 night romance trip Feb 29, 2016
Edward
"Excelent, definitely recommended"
Decoration of the rooms is unique, with very interesting antique pieces. Overall a very pleasant experience, location is great, close to everything but quiet
Response by Hotel Claris
Dear Guest, I personally want to thank you for sharing your experience with us. The Claris Hotel is unique because of the art. all our rooms have a master piece so instead of rooms we have small art galleries. Our luxurious decoration, culture and art are the three caractheristics of the Claris Hotel and I am delighted to read that you apreciate them that much. Sincerely, Victoria Amorós Public Relations Manager
1 night trip with friends Feb 6, 2016
Jorge
"mixed bag"
Great hotel, nice decor. However, the service was disappointing. I sent en enquiry to the holel while making the booking asking for a bottle of champagne on arrival (birthday celebration), but never got an answer. Even more disappointing was housekeeping. The first night we sleep a bit longer and did not leave our room until 1pm. We returned at 8pm to find our room in the same state as we left it. Very disappointing, as you would expect from 5* hotel to have 24hr housekeeping.
2 night romance trip Oct 29, 2015
Nice room, very friendly & helpful staff, great customer service.
6 night romance trip Oct 2, 2015
"Overall good hotel"
Very accommodating staff and clean hotel.
4 night trip with friends Sep 17, 2015
Candice
"Truly a 5 star hoel"
Wonderful stay at the Hotel Clais, from the moment we arrived to when we left staff worked hard to ensure we had a great stay
Other trip Sep 8, 2015
"Wonderful!"
I have Been to barcelona 6 times and this is by far the best hotel I have stayed in!! Wonderful clssssy hotel next to all the high end shopping district!
Other trip Aug 20, 2015
pritpal bhurji
Great!!!
3 night family trip Aug 3, 2015
"Excellent hotel"
I recently stayed at this hotel for a long weekend with two friends. The hotel was clean, comfortable and the staff were extremely helpful. We had a slight problem with our room when we checked in, but the hotel PR manager temporarily upgraded us whilst it was fixed and sent us some champagne to apologise. The staff at Hotel Claris are some of the best I have encountered. I would definitely recommend this hotel and can't wait to return.
Other trip Aug 4, 2015
"A delightful hotel in a central convenient spot."
The Claris is a charming hotel with very helpful staff who spoke excellent English and could not have been nicer.
Other trip Jul 27, 2015
Nice hotel, really enjoyed it. Very central, very clean and staff are very attentative. One complaint I will make is that there is no ironing board or iron in the room. The hotel does offer an ironing service however, this comes at a cost and wasn't to a very good standard. My shirt came back still creased even though I had paid 5 euros to have it ironed.
gavin
"Excellent hotel"
brilliant stay very cosy and very warm. Not too busy and not too empty. Tons of food places nearby and very friendly hotel staff.
kiran
"Good location generally"
A very impressive hotel with very accommodating staff. The roof garden is a delight and an ideal place to return to after an exhausting day. Be careful of the extra charges though. We were charged for use of the minibar on every day although we only used it on one day. They immediately removed the queried items.
"Fantastic staff"
Complimentary drink on overall and bags put in our room for when we were able to check in at 3pm. All recommendations from the hotel were excellent and I would strongly recommending asking them for dining suggestions as going by your own judgement can end up terribly in Barcelona as we found out twice during our stay. Pool facility lovely but not much siting area for the amount of guests! Beds were extremely comfortable and towels changed twice a day if needed. Only two gripes are that we only got a turn down service twice out of 5 nights and no water in the room at all and only allowed nespresso pods for free for the first night with a tiny note saying if more ordered you should have to pay 3 euros per pod which for the amount you pay for the room is ridiculous you should be able to have free water and coffee Atleast! A bottle of wine was given at the end of our stay as a compliment from the hotel with a hand written note which was lovely but no bottle opener given so I called down to ask for one and they never brought it up,gesture sadly gone slightly amiss!
Other trip Jul 13, 2015
FC
Excellent location and stunning spaces! Highly recommend!
Other trip Jul 8, 2015
"Disappointing service for a 5* hotel"
This hotel is very contemporary, clean and ideally situated but the service was not 5 star. The pool area is small and it is difficult to get a seat at the poolside at anytime of the day. The service by the pool was also poor - you had to find the waiters and even the they got the order wrong, which wasn't complicated. There is no clothes iron in the room, which is a basic requirement. The gym was being modernised, but we were not informed of this when we arrived and only discovered this when we were changed and ready to use it. Very frustrating! They had set up a make shift one in a suite, which had weights and two cycling machine - no treadmill! We stayed here for 5 nights, and the service did not improve. On arrival we did not receive our complementary water, despite asking for this on three occasions. The porters were very friendly and helpful, but other staff were not helpful or approachable.
Other trip Jul 6, 2015
"Excellent Hotel - but certain shortcomings"
Brilliant hotel, excellent position, very smartly designed and equipped, rooms perfectly clean and well appointed. Beds and Pillows really comfortable. However, two drawbacks, both important in this class of hotel. First we stayed on the 6th floor, one down from the roof terrace/bar/restaurant. Each morning and late at night, they seemed to hold the World Table and Chair Dragging Championships on the roof and there is no sound insulation! Ironically, there seemed to be no noise pollution from the rooms to either side or from the corridor. So if you want P&Q, insist on a room on floors 5 or lower. If you get that, I reckon you'll have an unqualifiedly 5 star stay. The only other constructive remark I'd make is that our single experience of service in the 7th Floor bar was very poor. We went up at around 5.00pm on a Saturday to order some tea. We sat for maybe 20 minutes and no one came to take our order. Very poor. So we left. This could be isolated, but management needs to get on this.
Other trip Jun 22, 2015