All hotels in Stowe, Vermont, United States of America
511 Mountain Rd, Stowe, VT, 05672, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Convenient motel when visiting Stowe"
Second time in this place . Nice large bedroom, comfortable . We had a good king size bed, large armchairs , overall clean place as long as you don't pick too much in the details: windows frames full of mildew, bathroom so so. Friendly staff Ok when the price is right, ie special deals.
Other trip Apr 15, 2014
JJ
"Very nice, clean and quiet place to stay."
We had a room that was in a separate building in the back of the establishment. It was wonderful. Comfortable bed, large bathroom, and a private back deck that looked out toward Mt. Mansfield. Don't miss out on the continental breakfast--homemade goodies that topped off a wonderful stay in Stowe.
Other trip Apr 14, 2014
The Frye's
"Nice hotel near Stowe"
I thought I was only getting a room with a King bed. But we ended up with a large suite right across the street from the recreational facilities which proved useful for the required Jacuzzi visit after skiing. My wife and I thought we could have moved into the room as was more like an apartment. Great value for the money!
Other trip Mar 31, 2014
"Nice clean place to stay"
We recently went as a group. The staff was friendly the hotel rooms were clean. We would definitely stay again. The price was very reasonable and location was convenient. Note that breakfast is not included if you book through Expedia.
Other trip Mar 29, 2014
"Great spot for a quick getaway."
We stayed at the Golden Eagle Resort on our honeymoon, so wanted to go back as we celebrated our 20th anniversary this week. The warmth and friendliness of the staff was amazing. The room was very comfortable, quiet, and not too hot or too cold. For once a hotel where the heat actually worked based on what it was set at. The Colonial Cafe -- on the premises -- is the best spot in town for breakfast. That's all it serves, but it was a great start to the day. The Fitness Center is top notch and we used it both days we were there. Want to go back in the summer to enjoy all the outdoor activities that are available at this wonderful resort.
Other trip Mar 28, 2014
Willin
My husband and I spent a week at Golden Eagle and had a wonderful time. He skied every day and I just relaxed and did some driving around the area enjoying factories and beautiful scenery. We appreciated the comfortable bed and spacious room. The breakfast at the cafe was great. Highly recommended!
6 night family trip Mar 14, 2014
Kathy Combs
"Unexpected value"
I was almost scared away by the (low) price, but I'm glad I booked the Golden Eagle; it was much better than I had expected. I wish we'd had more time to take in the amenities.
1 night romance trip Feb 23, 2014
Colin DuPée
"Decent for price - needs some work"
We stayed for one night at the Golden Eagle after our flights were cancelled and our stay was extended due to a snow storm as it was cheaper than the hotel we were originally staying at. The hotel was very conveniently located in Stowe and is right by two of our favorite spots in Stowe - the Dutch Pancake Cafe and Pie in the Sky. We also enjoyed being able to drive up to the hotel room to make loading in and out easy. However, the room itself needed some work - the bathroom was a bit of a disaster. The shower was really bad - dirty, mildewy, rusty, with a shower diverter that didn't work properly and a shower head that was awkwardly placed. Thankfully the water was warm and we didn't snowboard very long that day so it wasn't totally awful. If that had been a long snowboarding day and the shower was this bad it would have been a big problem. All in all the stay was okay and I'm glad we went there instead of staying at our original hotel for more than 2x the price that night.
Response by Golden Eagle Resort
Dear Brea, Many thanks for staying with us and for writing this review. We are glad that you enjoyed the convenience of our location and the value you received. I do want to apologize for the problems you experienced in your room, particularly your dissatisfaction with the bathroom and shower. We are in the process of updating our rooms, with a focus on the bathrooms, so we will pay particular attention to the shower heads. Thank you for that feedback.
1 night trip Feb 5, 2014
"Close to Stowe"
Room had very nice features like towel warming rack. TV was not great though (small picture)
Other trip Feb 3, 2014
"Ski Country"
Really felt hassled by the staff to clean the room by 9:00 AM, repeated knocking on the door even after I let them know when I would be leaving the room -worst part is that this happened each AM of a three day stay. I mean really, hassled by the maids to get up while on vacation!?!?!
Other trip Jan 30, 2014
"Great stay at Golden Eagle resort"
The hotel was well located, not far from ski area, and close to many restaurants on Mountain Rd, close to Main St too. Very close by, AJ sports - nice ski equipment rental place. The Golden Eagle has very nice indoor amenities (we were there in January), a nice heated swimming pool, a large jacuzzi, a sauna, fitness equipment and game room. Staff is very nice and helpful. The rooms are very clean, and well heated in the winter, not one draft. The only complaint, is that the decor didn't seem to have been touched since the late 70ies. There's 2 double beds, and they 1. get short for the New Human (we're taller these days! maybe larger too) 2. for a nice family resort like this one, wouldn't it be nice to have a large Queen bed and maybe 2 bunker beds on a wall, for the kids, or the young adults who don't want to share a bed ? The large TV cabinet is updated and take much space in the room, as are the 2 beautiful yet large armchairs... This gave my rating of 3 on Condition and confort. But overall, I highy recomend this place, and I will keep it as a place to go back to next time. I wish they would update their rooms, though, especially the size of the beds.
2 night family trip Jan 18, 2014
MCHB
"Very clean"
Great place, just one complaint on the billing part, they charged my credit card an extra night on top of my original bill.I don't understand the reason why this happened.Now I am waiting for the credit to my account.
1 night trip Jan 18, 2014
DJ
We had a pleasant weekend
3 night trip with friends Jan 10, 2014
"close to Mountain"
vvery nice and reasonably priced
2 night trip Jan 9, 2014
"Stowe Getaway"
I thought the Golden Eagle Resort was very well maintained, clean rooms and great location. The rooms may look a little outdated as far as décor but it was clean and warm and that's all we cared about since the temps were in the negatives! It's right on the main strip in the area where there are lots of bars and restaurants. Very close to the Stowe ski mountain which is what was important to us. Would definitely stay again!
2 night trip Jan 5, 2014
"Exceptional New Year's Stay"
I think we lucked out and had the best room of the bunch; 228! The WiFi was a little spotty, but the towel warmer quickly made up for that. The beds are dreamily comfortable, and with the Colonial Cafe just across the way, a delicious, hot breakfast made for an exceptional morning rise. The resort is also walking distance to three pubs! The fitness center is kind of weird, but the hot tub was nice.
4 night trip Dec 30, 2013
Emily D.
"they must improve a few key things"
Despite being a reasonable place to stay for a ski trip to Stowe, this place will most likely not be our choice for our next trip. Reason #1 is the so-claimed free Wi-Fi. We could not ever connect to internet to do anything useful which was very inconvenient. Wi-Fi does not go beyond broadcasting a network id. You can't connect to it and when you connect , quality is horrible. Another thing that disappointed us was the fact that they are excluding breakfast from your stay when you reserve online. They do have a café that serves breakfast and turns out they include it as part of your stay if you are not reserving online. We found out about this when we got there. I see this kind of things as cheap tricks that makes you upset and lose customers ... I'll go up to stowe for a weekend trip again in a few weeks and they are probably losing 10X the cost of that breakfast right of the bat for not making a customer like me feel great about their establishment and business practice.
Other trip Jan 2, 2014
frequent skier
Right in the middle of everything in Stowe and 10 minute drive to the mountain. Room was very good and clean and we loved the fireplace. We could not use the fitness area because we were traveling with a 2-month baby.
3 night trip Dec 22, 2013
Leandro
"Nice enough."
We had a single room two queen bed for family of four. It was fine and very clean, but the room door opens right onto the grounds so it is sort of like a motor lodge set up where you hear everything. The place was not full and we had pretty quiet neighbors so it was not a problem, but I can't imagine staying there in high season. The room itself was fine, the only complaints were very strange layout of doors to Closet/bathroom. To access the bathroom you had to go through a sort of closet with a french door, but once you opened the French door you had to close it behind you so you could get to the bathroom door. flipping the door to have it open aginst the opposite door frame or removing it entirely would make sense. Also the TV recepeption was poor, but in VT you shouldn't be in your room watching TV! The breakfast was very good at their on premise restaurant and I loved having tea available to me all day (they post specific hours but it is really all day).
Other trip Dec 4, 2013
"Comfortable place to spend the night"
I needed an overnight stay as the family is working on our second home nearby. The Golden Eagle is a very comfortable, well managed hotel just off the main road. The room was spacious, clean, tidy and though the promised jacuzzi tub was not working (no water flow!) I was too tired to put a solution into play. Sponge bath and then to the luxurious bed for a good nights sleep. The continental breakfast provided by the hotel was perfectly adequate. I would certainly stay there again.
Other trip Nov 21, 2013
Annie
The staff was super friendly and accommodating from the minute we walked into the door, the room was very nice and comfortable, the view was beautiful, and the town was charming. We can't wait to come back (maybe a little earlier in the season) and stay for a longer period of time.
Other trip Nov 9, 2013
Cindy
"tried to get a better room,all taken,"
just fair,holiday rooms are better
Other trip Nov 3, 2013
"Well-maintained property, good value"
We had a comfortable stay in a clean, quiet, well-appointed room that was architecturally a motel room, but on the higher end of the motel quality scale. The rooms and buildings do not have a "resort" ambience in any way, but the spa, pool and fitness center are top notch, and the staff give resort-like attention. The location is convenient to shopping and many good restaurants. The grounds are set back a ways off of a busy commercial strip. So, it is not the quaint New England village scene that is found in the center of town, but it is quite close by. This a really excellent choice on a budget. Note that breakfast is not included in the online bookings.
1 night romance trip Oct 26, 2013
"Nicely located near restaurants and bike trail."
If you don't trip over the first step to the office and break your neck, you'll have a nice experience! The grounds are well-kept. The staff very helpful. The rooms clean and roomy. They have a tradition of a coffee and cookie hour at three PM. Nice way to get to know the others. But,please, install a small ramp to the building.
Other trip Oct 29, 2013
Deborah
"Solid resort near town center"
Our visit was in the fall after peak foliage. The resort is a compound of several buildings; pool/spa, restaurant, guest rooms. Very nice spacious lobby. Located near the center of town and therefore more distant to the ski area. Not a newer facility but very comfortable. Breakfast was not included but was available at their restaurant and was gastronomically EXCELLENT with very good service and reasonably priced.
1 night trip Oct 22, 2013
"Weekend in Stowe"
Booked this for a late September weekend. The room was clean and the staff was fine. The room just feels old, for lack of a better term. It could use a bit of an update and the linens, while clean, were very well worn. It was convenient and the breakfast was good. No real complaints, but nothing to rave about
Other trip Oct 2, 2013
"Convenient, yet resort feeling"
They've taken and old connected motel and remodeled into large , comfortable rooms. Hotel was clean and decorated quite attractively. Staff were helpful and friendly. The grounds are beautiful with an outside sitting area in the back with a lawn and creek. Restaurant on the property only serves breakfast. It was not only good with reasonable prices, the staff were pleasant, helpful and seemed to enjoy their jobs. Location was good for shopping in town or along Mountain Rd. or for going to Mt. Mansfield. I would have liked to stay another night.
2 night trip with friends Sep 24, 2013
Gagrandma
"Very nice resort. Was recommended by a friend."
Spent a couple days there. The location was very convenient for the things we wanted to see & do.
Other trip Sep 25, 2013
Ron
"Average hotel"
The Golden Eagle is an average hotel with average everything. The room we had was clean and adequate. The quality of the housekeeping was about average (I don't think the room was vacuumed the whole time we were there, though). The location of the Golden Eagle is excellent - it's walking distance to restaurants, shops and the city center. The hotel has a breakfast cafe, but the service isn't the best (I'd recommend going to McCarthy's which is a short walk across the street) and the muffins they bake are from a mix (yuck).
6 night family trip Sep 7, 2013
"Visit to Vermont"
Stayed 2 nights at the Golden Eagle lodge and it was just wonderful Great pool and hot tub. Easy to get to and very wonderful personal running the lodge. Went to breakfast there everyday and was just great. Was not free but was very well prepared and good. The only thing I would change would be to have dinner served where they serve breakfast .
Other trip Sep 13, 2013
Sandra
"Nice enough for a quick stay in Stowe, VT"
The gentleman who checked us in at the Golden Eagle was incredibly nice, providing a wealth of information about the area and things to do. The hotel room itself was disappointing; I was particularly bummed out by the musty smell. Bed was comfortable though. And the bathroom is due for an upgrade. I would recommend this for a one-night stay, but not for a week.
Other trip Sep 12, 2013
Adele
"GREAT STAY"
great place for two retired people looking for comfort without needing to remortgage the farm. Lovely, helpful people, the pool & spa were great. The two 4's above merely reflect that this place is not brand new and really fussy yuppies should spend more money. We will be back!
Other trip Aug 22, 2013
I really enjoyed my stay at the Golden Eagle Resort. The room was spacious, clean and comfortable. The hotel staff was friendly and there was always cookies, coffee and tea available in the office. The hotel is within easy walking distance to many restaurants and shops. The pool facilities were also very nice.
4 night trip Aug 15, 2013
Caroline
"Great Family Resort"
wonderful resort. the room was beautiful, more than expected as we had a suite. fireplace in room, which my son desperately wanted to light, but it was August and we had the air on instead. very family friendly with shuffleboard, fishing on property, indoor and outdoor pool, game room, tennis court. who needed to go anywhere else? located in a great spot, easy to walk to many restaurants. the staff was very helpful and gave us some very helpful info on the ferry schedules. Would definitely recommend to others....
2 night family trip Aug 12, 2013
"Comfortable and Quiet. Great location."
This was our first trip to Vermont and we stayed at the resort on our way home from Boston. After two days in noisy, busy Boston, we really appreciated the quiet. The night was unseasonably cool so we were able to open the windows and enjoy the fresh mountain air while we slept. The part of the resort we stayed in was very rustic. Don't come here expecting luxury. Overal, excellent value for the money.
Other trip Aug 5, 2013
Kallen
"Golden Eagle Resort."
Very nice place in central location. Enjoyed the day very much.
Other trip Jul 28, 2013
"Great Hotel in Stowe"
Lovely location near to centre and restaurants. Superb indoor and outdoor pool. Quiet and relaxing would stay again. Only one very minor quibble the air conditioning is a bit loud. Staff very helpful.
Other trip Jul 9, 2013
"Nice friendly hotel, great location"
The Golden Eagle has a wonderful friendly vibe and great facilities with lots to do onsite or close by.
Other trip Jul 7, 2013
Diana
"Would Definitelly Come Here Again!"
First time to Stowe and searched for many places. Golden Eagle was affordable, clean, comfortable, and the staff was very helpful. If we ever come back up this way, would definitely consider coming back here!
Other trip Jul 7, 2013
Shari
"Cute! Older, but wel kept!"
This place kind of reminded of the place that was features in Dirty Dancing! Ha! It was cute, a little bit older, but well maintained. Bed was comfy, nice little deck off the back. Many places to eat close by. Beautiful town, friendly people. Would stay there again.
2 night trip Jun 28, 2013
Megan
"Huge room, great view, smokin deal"
Our room was very spacious with a fireplace and offered a great view of a pond from our balcony. There were hiking trails right outside our door and a dozen or so restaurants within walking distance. There were many good amenities included at the resort, although we did not partake it's good to know it's there if we need it. The price was a steal so we definitely recommend this place for your next stay in Stowe!
3 night trip Jun 20, 2013
"Quiet and lovely spot!"
Stopped for one night while on a 750 mile motorcycle trip through upstate NY, VT, NH and Maine. Really pretty spot which is close (i.e. walking distance) to some very good restaurants and bars. "Downtown" Stowe is only a short distance away and offers a great variety of shops and additional eateries to choose from. If you ski, hike, ride bicycles or just simply love the outdoors, Stowe is a wonderful place to visit. The Golden Eagle offers a comfortable, charming, clean and friendly place to stay. I would certainly return on a future trip.
Other trip Jun 23, 2013
"Quality of Stowe without the Stowe pricetag."
We were originally looking to stay at the Grey Fox Inn, being that we had stayed there previously and loved our room as well as the facilities they offered. This time around it was priced way more than we had originally paid, therefor leaving us to look elsewhere. That being said, we wanted something close to our family's place, with similar facilities at a convenient price. Low and behold we found The Golden Eagle Resort, which was exactly what we were looking for. Great experience overall.
3 night family trip May 31, 2013
Andrea
"Wonderful stay"
reasonable rates, really friendly staff, clean room,loved the gym,liked the fact they had a computer for guests to use,most comfortable bed! such a nice & relaxing stay! would stay there again!
2 night trip Jun 9, 2013
Dawn
"Great Place to stay in spring"
Excellent Resort for the price. Room was very clean and staff was quite friendly. Really enjoyed the private balcony and the nice grounds on site. Unfortunately the outdoor pool was not open, but the indoor pool was and was very enjoyable. As far as location goes... IT'S STOWE!!! nuff said.
2 night romance trip May 31, 2013
"Not the Hilton, But Great Family Operated place"
Great old time (as in the workers seem like a family and take pride in making you feel welcome) resort. Nice surprises were the patio attached to out room (lovely view), deluxe spa & pool center, and access to a variety of trails on site. Great new brewpub a little bit down the road! I would come back!
2 night trip May 24, 2013
Jenn
"2013 Memorial Day weekend stay."
The weather did not cooperate that weekend, so we spent a lot of time indoors. Hotel facilities were excellent - we used the pool, fitness center, jacuzzi and the game room, all were in excellent condition and completely adequate. The hotel staff was VERY accommodating and helpful, the room spacious and clean, parking very convenient. All in all, we had a VERY PLEASANT experience and will be coming back! Highly recommended.
Other trip May 28, 2013
Alex
"Convenient to Stowe mountain resort"
The room furnishings exceeded my expectations with fireplace and mini kitchen. The one warning would be to not take a room on the ground floor. There was a family of four above me and the noise from the kids walking and running around was really unpleasant. It was especially frustrating given that the hotel seemed empty during this off season time.
1 night trip Apr 13, 2013
"a great place to stay"
its a great please to stay. the check in was easy and eveyone was very friendly and was happly to help us with all our questions. they kept our room clean and our bed made up.
Other trip Apr 8, 2013
jackie
Very pleasant and welcoming.
5 night trip Mar 26, 2013