All hotels in Aiken, South Carolina, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here1936 Whiskey Road, Aiken, SC, 29803-6176, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9481

2.9
"Dont plan to swim in pool or have friendly maid"
I was little disappointed. I guess you def pay for what you get. The room ammenties were nice but the cracked sealing the old out dated rough towels and the dirty pool were not. I also asked one day if I can get towels and bed made and the housekeeper said towels yes but they don't make the bed even though it clearly states it on the tag them leave on night stand. Also try to avoid getting the a joining room if you don't know who's next door. It provides no sound barrier from people next door.
8 night family trip Mar 30, 2013
Out Of Towner
"ok for the money"
ok for a ycheap place to sta
1 night trip Oct 26, 2012
suzi
"Good service"
Room was convenient to Aiken and clean. Clerk on duty was very helpful and made coffee and put out breakfast items an hour earlier than usual as a convenience to our very early departure.
1 night trip Oct 30, 2012
Buck
Not much, empty beer can in floor. Sheets not fitted, came off the mattress while sleeping, gross! Bathroom seemed clean. Door security lock broken. Would no stay again!
1 night trip Aug 25, 2012
"Great hotel for the seasoned traveler"
The hotel staff is courteous and friendly. The breakfast is more than sufficient; i.e. mini-waffles, bread variety for toast and sandwiches, egg rounds and sausage patties, cereals, juices, coffee, milk, etc. The pool is conveniently located on the property. Shopping facilities close by - everything from business services (Staples) to improvement stores (Home Depot) to full fledged mall stores along with local and chain eateries. A large well-kept and maintained park is just down the street with picnic and play areas, tennis courts and more. The hotel gives a great bargain for the seasoned traveler.
Other trip Jul 16, 2012
Alan
"taking this hotel off of my list"
This hotel sucked taking it off my list of hotel chains to use unless I am desperate
1 night trip Jun 22, 2012
"hotel from hell"
this hotel was terrible, bathroom was dirty, shower handle came apart, toilet was dirty, room smelled, very very bad experience.
Other trip May 30, 2012
sarah

"Business meeting"
Hotel close to business contact. It is quite old but an effort is being made to keep it in repair.
Other trip Feb 18, 2015
Roy
Staff were all very friendly. Our room was clean. I was disappointed to see that the pool was closed the whole time we were there, that is the reason that I book this hotel because of the location and the pool.
2 night trip Jun 5, 2013

4 night trip Apr 23, 2014
Jorge García
UY

TripAdvisor reviews for Howard Johnson Express Aiken

"The mattress was worn and slanted to one side, the shower..."
04/16/15 Ryan A Walpole, Massachusetts
The mattress was worn and slanted to one side, the shower curtain was falling off the wall and the shower head hole in the wall was open and not finished off. The door to the room was broken, the handle was too loose so the locks would not engage. It took 5-10 tries each time entering to get the door open. Very nice staff, very friendly.
"Aiken HoJo"
04/13/15 MichelleEBS New Orleans, Louisiana
Booked 3 rooms to get near Augusta. Our rooms (upper floor in 2nd building) were just fine. We were simply seeking a clean room at a reasonable rate during peak Masters Tournament season, and this property provided that. Everyone I spoke to (booking, check-in, check-out) was friendly, professional, and welcoming, particularly Brian. Rooms were ready and waiting for us when we arrived. Continental breakfast was just fine as well. Wouldn't hesitate to book again in same set of circumstances.
"Cost efficient"
04/07/15 Jessica B
We stayed here for a softball tournament and the price was great. You getvwhat you pay for. Check in was nice. Brian i think was very friendly amd there is a cool fish tank when you walk in. We did the jaccuzzi room. The jaccuzzi was on a step and it had sunk down a good half inch towards the floor leaving the wall under the tile and the caulking exposed and dingy not to mention a feeling of falling further as the step creeked as we stepped up on it. Our bathroom had not been cleaned from before as there was pee drops on the toilet seat upon arrival. The room feels a bit dirty but other than the bathroom, looks clean. We were provided 2 towels on the first night and missing one on the second night. And when asked for an extra on the second night was given 1 and it was the last one they had. The front staff said they were told there was a lot of that that day. Breakfast was par for the course. Enough batter to make a half of a waffle and the apple juice was out of order. We ended up eating somewhere else. Over all it was a great price for the room we got and we got what we paid for.
"Crashpad"
03/21/15 Tom C Bronson, Florida
The room was a "NON SMOKING" room. Apparently that meant the room was sprayed repeatedly with a smoke smell neutralizing agent. It did a poor job of covering the past number of years when smoking was allowed. The room seemed "dirty". I was not particularly comfortable with the sheets, they either weren't changed or they are so old they no longer come clean in the laundry. The bathroom was the pits. The shower control required two hands to get it to pull it out to start the water flow. All in all it was a place to sleep that was in close proximity to where I had to be the next day. It sort of reminded me of the conditions at a Fraternity house. Tired, worn, and dirty. The breakfast was fine, I had some waffles, a glass of milk, and I was ready to get on the road. It is doubtful that I would stay there again. I would chance an off name i lieu of the condition of this HJ. Signed Disappointed from Florida.
"one night stay business trip"
03/13/15 jonrow1217 Kershaw, South Carolina
Room 208 was not clean at all, and when I pulled back the bed sheets it was disgusting. There were stains and hairs all over the sheets. I will not recommend this hotel to anyone. Take my advice don't stay at this Howard Johnson.
"economical clean room"
03/11/15 Sharon S Charlotte, North Carolina
Room was worn but clean and comfortable. I overslept because I failed to set the clock for the time change. The front desk was very understanding and did not penalize me.
"awesome!"
03/02/15 Patricia D Md
Extremely satisfied and impressed with the hotel and staff. Will plan to stay here every Aiken trip in the future!!
"Unsatisfactory"
02/27/15 BiscuitsMom North Carolina
I booked a non-smoking room at this hotel for a 5 night stay during a recent equestrian-related trip to Aiken. I was fully aware of the price-point and did not expect "luxury" accommodations. I checked in after 9 PM. The desk clerk was pleasant. I drove around to my room, parked right outside the door, and surveyed my surroundings as I walked quickly to unlock the door. Once I opened the door, I was knocked back by the heavy cigarette smoke in the air. A quick glance at the ashtray on the table and the sign on the door confirmed that this was a smoking room. I got back in my truck, drove around to the lobby, and explained to the desk clerk that I had booked a NON-smoking room and would need to be moved. He first told me that he wasn't sure he could do that. I further explained that with my history of two lung surgeries, I could not spend 5 nights in a smoke-filled room (never mind the fact that I had proof of reservation for a NON-smoking room). After a few minutes, he did locate a non-smoking room, so off I went. Turns out that the non-smoking room was directly above the previous smoking room. It smelled only slightly less like smoke. Frustrated with the hotel and tired from my travel that day, I decided I would try to stay one night and then look for other options in the morning. But that's when I went in the bathroom and lifted the lid on the toilet. The seat was COVERED with splatters of what must have been urine (and who knows what else)! Disgusted, I turned around and was immediately face-to-face with red splatters on the wall. I don't know what the splatters were, but it looks suspiciously like blood. The splatters were in multiple locations on the walls and ceiling. I had booked my reservation and prepaid through Travelocity (never again!), so I called the customer service number to discuss my options for leaving this hotel and rebooking at another. After being on hold with two different representatives for an hour total, I finally insisted on speaking with a supervisor. The supervisor was able to process a refund of my money and cancel the next 4 nights of my reservation. I did spend (and pay for) one night at this hotel...didn't shower, touched as little as I could, and left with bright red eyes from the smoke irritation as soon as the sun came up. I moved to another hotel down the street and had a pleasant remainder of my stay in Aiken.
"satisfactory"
02/17/15 Nancy M Aiken, South Carolina
Room was clean and bed comfy but pillows small and phone message light kept coming on and clerk said sorry will turn it off both times but no message given. Otherwise good stay.
"I enjoyed my stay. The room wasn't the cleanest but through..."
02/09/15 quantishaj Queens, New York
I enjoyed my stay. The room wasn't the cleanest but through it all my stay was good. The front desk clerk was very attentive and I received all things I asked for in a timely manner.