All hotels in Aiken, South Carolina, United States of America
1936 Whiskey Road, Aiken, SC, 29803-6176, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9481

2.9
Hotel was good, clean and good location
1 night trip Mar 1, 2014
"Horrible place"
The room was disgustingly dirty, and I'm a New Yorker.
3 night business trip Feb 24, 2014
T
Convenient location. Not a high star hotel (4-5) but very nice for the price.
1 night business trip Feb 7, 2014
"Loved the staff!"
I stayed there for a week and absolutely enjoyed my experience. The staff was wonderful and very professional.The location was very close to shopping, dining, and recreation.
Other trip Jan 18, 2014
Liz
"Friendly staff"
Nice place for the money . Issues were minor and taken care of promptly . Will stay here again .
Other trip Jan 15, 2014
Our only complaint was when we asked for a couple extra towels, they delivered towels that were stained.
3 night trip Sep 19, 2013
"close to stores"
The bed headboard fell apart. And they needed to do a remodel. They had cracks in ceiling and the t.v was wavy. There was pizza boxes outside by trash cans when we check in and still there when we check out. They were really friendly. But the rooms need to come into the 2013 years. One night stay was o..k. Don't know if I would stay again
1 night trip Sep 12, 2013
ed
"Nice hotel that fit out budget this month!"
Usually we stay at top hotels being in the military and usually we have the $$ but this month was very hard on our wallet. We have back too back soccer tournaments this month, add that too start of school and we found ourselves with very little cash until sept. We knew this hotel was older and we knew it wasn't a 5 star making the reservation. We hoped it wasn't a flea invested hotel and thank God it wasn't. Hotel is close too everything. Very affordable, safe area. All the other parents on my daughters team stayed at the Hilton close by for triple more yikes. There hotel lost power and had too evacuate and well our hotel was quite and uneventful. Only down side I really could think of was the coffee. Bring your own. I would stay again for a weekend.
Other trip Aug 26, 2013
Theresa
Good for over night stay. Hotel is an older facility.
1 night trip with friends Aug 17, 2013
Not bad, however the blankets could have been updated and gave more towels. Also they were kind of stingy on the soap and shampoo.
2 night trip Aug 9, 2013
Nicole
"Pet Friendly Hotel"
I realize it is hard to clean a room when a person has two dogs in the room, but for 2 days of a 4 day stay we took the dogs with us and our room still wasn't cleaned. We even asked that our room be cleaned and told them that we would have the dogs with us so it could be. We were told that the room would be cleaned but when we returned 4 hours later the room still was not cleaned. After the second day of trying to get the room cleaned I gave up and just figured that they would clean it after we went home. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone traveling with dogs.
Other trip Aug 10, 2013
Terri
"great stay"
It was a great stay for my sisters and I the staff was helpful the room was nice and clean and it was close to everything I will come back
1 night family trip Jul 14, 2013
Roberta
"Motel sign need to be more visuable."
Bathroom could use a through cleaning and the sink needs to be replaced. Desk clerk (check-in) was not helpful.Did not inform of breakfast and time. No show of welcome. Manners some what liking. Breakfast milk was warm, no plates, no coffee (The desk clerk did make some) Explain why no coffee and got plates.
Other trip Apr 26, 2013
Housekeeping/maintenance helpful and friendly!
5 night trip Apr 10, 2013
This hotel is sorely in need of a makeover...the tv was at least 15 years old, the remote control didn't work...no ice machine for our building. Small breakfast was adequate.
2 night trip Apr 12, 2013
"Joke of a hotel"
Very bad hotel. Terrible odor when walked in the room, old TV, old furnishing, not well kept up. Also, house keeping did not finish cleaning the room during the stay. When we came back, the bed was halfway made, trash left in the middle of the room, and bathroom was in worse condition than we left it. Front office had no excuse why it was not cleaned. Very poorly managed. Would not consider staying here again.
2 night trip Apr 12, 2013
"Smell was very bad"
It was really poor.. There had to be a sewer problem because the room smelled awful. I am sorry but the whole experience was not good. We booked 2 queens and got one King even though we showed them the printout we had that said 2 queen beds. I guess they let rooms out for the week too because our neighbors were coming in from work/or leaving for work at 4 am everyday/night and we could hear them talk and wake us up. i had to leave the room ever so often just to get some fresh air. If there had been any other room possibilities(Masters week) we would have left. This is the first time I have ever complained about a room in my life.
2 night trip with friends Apr 7, 2013
E Ward
"Masters Trip"
Accommodating hotel but could use a renovation.
2 night trip Apr 7, 2013
"SRS vicinity"
Skimps (cheap-skates) on breakfast items - does not have all items available;
6 night business trip Apr 1, 2013
"Dont plan to swim in pool or have friendly maid"
I was little disappointed. I guess you def pay for what you get. The room ammenties were nice but the cracked sealing the old out dated rough towels and the dirty pool were not. I also asked one day if I can get towels and bed made and the housekeeper said towels yes but they don't make the bed even though it clearly states it on the tag them leave on night stand. Also try to avoid getting the a joining room if you don't know who's next door. It provides no sound barrier from people next door.
8 night family trip Mar 30, 2013
Out Of Towner
"ok for the money"
ok for a ycheap place to sta
1 night trip Oct 26, 2012
suzi
"Good service"
Room was convenient to Aiken and clean. Clerk on duty was very helpful and made coffee and put out breakfast items an hour earlier than usual as a convenience to our very early departure.
1 night trip Oct 30, 2012
Buck

"Business meeting"
Hotel close to business contact. It is quite old but an effort is being made to keep it in repair.
Other trip Feb 18, 2015
Roy
Staff were all very friendly. Our room was clean. I was disappointed to see that the pool was closed the whole time we were there, that is the reason that I book this hotel because of the location and the pool.
2 night trip Jun 5, 2013
Rebekah
Response by Howard Johnson Inn Aiken
Howard Johnson would like to thank you for taking our survey. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay.
1 night romance trip Jun 13, 2015

4 night trip Apr 23, 2014
Jorge García
UY

TripAdvisor reviews for Howard Johnson Express Aiken

"We reserved a king smoking room for my husband any myself..."
08/30/15 J8397ZAmaryp Aiken, South Carolina
We reserved a king smoking room for my husband any myself. The room was so cramped that my husband hit his leg on the refrigerator everytime he got out of bed. The desk was too small for usage. There were not enough outlets for coffee maker, microwave and refrigerator. There were dead roaches in the carpet, and live ones crawling in the bathroom. The clothes rod had been broken and one end attached by the wall which rendered it useless. The safe was not usable as it was also broken. There were no condiments in the room for the coffee, only two towels, no toiletries other than soap and shampoo. The door safety lock appeared to have been broken at one time and inadequately repaired. We did not feel secure at all.
"Very Dirty"
08/25/15 josephy544 Coastal South Carolina, South Carolina
This was by far the worst room I have stayed in. The sheets were stained, the towels were stained, the room smelled grossly of smoke and it was extremely hot in there and took several hours to cool down. I was so disappointed that I sent my son to stay another hotel with friends who were also there for the soccer tournament. I guess you get what you pay for. Unfortunately I waited too late to reserve a room at a better place but thought I would be fine with Howard Johnsons. I was wrong.
"Howard Johnson AIKEN"
08/14/15 parr0ttj Aiken
We have had several crews staying while working in Aiken. They guys have nothing but praise for the Hotel and ALL the staff! Thank you, Ms. Dorcus for taking care of everyone and making it easy on me in the office!
"Not the best, but not the worst."
07/29/15 brissyforenski Wilmington, Delaware
Stayed here for a night on our way to augusta and the room looked dirty the sheets looked dirty. I personally would not spend more than one night here. On a good note the front desk people are nice and if you call on the phone you get a 10% discount off your room so I guess that's nice.
"Right in the middle of everything"
07/18/15 CaptainS7662 Warner Robins
Ifr you are staying in Aiken then this is a very nice option for a very good place to stay. It is convenient to everything to include every restaurant you can think of. If you want a night that is a quick jump off of I-20 then this is not the place - - approximately 6 miles from Exit 18 and 10/12 miles from Exit 22. The beds were comfortable and the A/C worked great. Thye only negative was the base of the toilet leaked - - maintenance tried to caulk it but this did not work. The toilet needs a new wax ring and this is the only way to fix it. Extra towels cheerfully provided by the front desk did the trick for us and we did not see a need to switch rooms.
06/21/15 C R Aiken, South Carolina
We had a chance to stay here and the service and the rooms were good. Housekeeping would come and stock everything. I would stay here again and would recomend this hotel to my friends. The hotel and the property were neat and clean.
"Avoid at all costs"
06/15/15 johnvX2146HB Simpsonville, South Carolina
Went thru 3 rooms before I got a refrigerator that worked.noticed dead roaches in one of them. High speed internet was a joke. I've used old 56k dial ups faster. TV signal went in and out sometimes for an hour at a time. And the faucet in the tub was nearly rusted shut. Bathroom lights stopped working. Would have left but my company wouldn't authorize a change so I had to stick it out. Was there 4days and didn't dare sleep in the bed once. Choosing to sleep on the spread using my coat as a blanket.
"Cheap. Not clean."
06/10/15 Emjoy75 Lacey, Washington
I'm sorry to write this review. The staff were so helpful, and I understand that this is affordable accommodations. However, I feel like cleanliness doesn't have to be expensive. The ceiling was riddled with cobwebs, mold on the windowsill. Stained and questionable coverlet, very stale and un-fresh linens. Cracked toilet seat, ants, filthy carpets. I chose this property because they allowed pets, but I'm afraid I really hated my stay. I even asked to move rooms after the ground floor room I first checked into was riddled with cockroaches. (Water bugs, the front desk told me) The police were in the parking lot twice during my stay, as well as loud music/drinking outside the room late at night. There was no housekeeping service to speak of. There was a family pushing laundry tubs around collecting sheets. I did not see an actual house keeping cart in 4 days. The second room was better. I would ask for top floor if you stay here. I would really recommend simply leaving your pet at home and staying at the Holiday Inn Express down the road. I can not express enough how kind and helpful the desk staff was. Even when I asked for a new room late at night after seeing yet another cockroach, on top of the ants. I feel like this property simply needs a deep clean.
"The mattress was worn and slanted to one side, the shower..."
04/16/15 Ryan A Walpole, Massachusetts
The mattress was worn and slanted to one side, the shower curtain was falling off the wall and the shower head hole in the wall was open and not finished off. The door to the room was broken, the handle was too loose so the locks would not engage. It took 5-10 tries each time entering to get the door open. Very nice staff, very friendly.
"Aiken HoJo"
04/13/15 MichelleEBS New Orleans, Louisiana
Booked 3 rooms to get near Augusta. Our rooms (upper floor in 2nd building) were just fine. We were simply seeking a clean room at a reasonable rate during peak Masters Tournament season, and this property provided that. Everyone I spoke to (booking, check-in, check-out) was friendly, professional, and welcoming, particularly Brian. Rooms were ready and waiting for us when we arrived. Continental breakfast was just fine as well. Wouldn't hesitate to book again in same set of circumstances.