All hotels in Aiken, South Carolina, United States of America
1936 Whiskey Road, Aiken, SC, 29803-6176, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9481

Dirty
    Room is not nice
    Uncomfortable
    Bad breakfast
"DECLINE OF A NICE FACILITY"
PLEASANT PERSONNEL IN OFFICE - CONDITION NOT WHAT PLACE USED TO BE
3 night trip Aug 14, 2014
"Convenient Location"
Hotel was a short distance from my destination location.
Other trip Aug 18, 2014
Jack
"the worst"
When reserving i was looking for joint rooms because i was travelling with children however they had no joint room. Shower curtain had mood on it, the ac didnt work, the pool was dirty the breakfast was two types of cereals cold eggs,cold sausages and milk mix with whole and 2% and wathed down apple juice
2 night family trip Jul 25, 2014
howard johnson in
"good room at a good price"
I was satisfied with my room and the price. The location was central to my needs. Church next door was convenient and quiet. High school nearby was out for the summer and very quiet. Nearby restaurant and bakery was short walk and very tasty. Breakfast provided was basic and adequate. Overall a good value.
5 night business trip Jul 16, 2014
MT
"Nice Hotel. Close to shopping and restaurants."
2 Night stay. Room was larger than other than usual.
Other trip Jul 16, 2014
Honestly I didn't stay much in my room other than to sleep and shower. Overall I was okay with all that I've experienced except for when I came in one night that my card didn't work and had to go to the front office to get it reactivated which didn't take long at all.
2 night trip with friends Jun 28, 2014
Elder Prince
The staff check to make sure we like our room. The food for breakfast was ok nothing special.
Other trip Jun 28, 2014
Allen
"Mold"
Howard Johnsons gave us a very good rate on our stay. The bed was very comfortable and the staff freindly and helpful. Unfornately, I developed breathing problems after the first few days which I attribute to mold in the rooms, most likely in the carpets.
Other trip Jun 8, 2014
Good staff very helpful the rooms very clean and if there is a problem they correct it quickly
Other trip Jun 6, 2014
"Was located near major stores and eateries"
Hotel was nice considering what we paid for it and for me the staff were very friendly and welcoming.
Other trip May 19, 2014
Angela
"masters trip"
Stayed at this hojos for our trip to the masters and was nervous about having a good hotel. But we were happy to find that our room was very clean and well maintained. No problems at all. Place is a little older but who cares if it is clean and comfortable. I have stayed in nicer looking hotels from outside that were bad on inside. Would not hesitate to stay here again. A++
2 night business trip Apr 9, 2014
"Horrible room"
The lock on the door was broken. The windows were filthy - someone actually wrote a message in the dust on the window. The lamp shades were stained. The carpet felt moist in some areas. The only positives - the people at the front desk were nice and the bed seemed relatively clean.
1 night trip Apr 12, 2014
"Masters stay"
A two star hotel due to the age, amenities, and room upkeep. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Location was in a well kept area with plenty of food and shopping available within a five mile radius. Housekeeping did not touch the room on one of the days of our three day stay. Continental Breakfast was average, but again staff was very friendly.
Other trip Apr 13, 2014
"Disappointing :("
*Staff was great - Room provision was fine (had microwave, frig, 2-double beds); *Room Cleanliness was gross - looked like it had not been really cleaned in a long time, just a wipe over. There was food stomped into the carpet that looked like it had been there a long time, carpet not spot cleaned, had stains on the bedspread, no wash clothes, had to request them; *Contemporary Breakfast - not ready at 6am like they said, we arrived right at 6 and were told come back in 15 minutes - since we had to leave at that time we went ahead and checked out and didn't get to eat (no one at desk so man setting up the breakfast had to stop fixing it so he could check us out).
Other trip Mar 31, 2014
KR
"Not the best... not the worst"
For those familiar with Aiken this hotel is very centrally located. Wal-mart directly across the street, McDonalds next door and several other eating places within walking distance. People staying long term are placed around back, where the other 'long-term' people stay. It's also not visible from the street or the front so the rules seem to be not as strict for noise, parking, trash being picked up etc. Not a big deal for me, because for the nightly rate, it's not the Ritz and you shouldn't expect it to be. The breakfast provides waffles and sausage/gravy and biscuits along with the other common items. The room was clean but the hotel itself is showing it's age. I would stay here again for sure.
5 night trip Mar 12, 2014
"GROSS!!!!"
Will never stay at this hotel again!!! I could not even sleep there. I had to find another hotel!!!
2 night business trip Feb 14, 2014
Janice
"very happy with the location of the hotel."
very satefied
2 night trip Feb 28, 2014
warren
Hotel was good, clean and good location
1 night trip Mar 1, 2014
"Horrible place"
The room was disgustingly dirty, and I'm a New Yorker.
3 night business trip Feb 24, 2014
T
Convenient location. Not a high star hotel (4-5) but very nice for the price.
1 night business trip Feb 7, 2014
"Loved the staff!"
I stayed there for a week and absolutely enjoyed my experience. The staff was wonderful and very professional.The location was very close to shopping, dining, and recreation.
Other trip Jan 18, 2014
Liz
"Friendly staff"
Nice place for the money . Issues were minor and taken care of promptly . Will stay here again .
Other trip Jan 15, 2014
Our only complaint was when we asked for a couple extra towels, they delivered towels that were stained.
3 night trip Sep 19, 2013
"close to stores"
The bed headboard fell apart. And they needed to do a remodel. They had cracks in ceiling and the t.v was wavy. There was pizza boxes outside by trash cans when we check in and still there when we check out. They were really friendly. But the rooms need to come into the 2013 years. One night stay was o..k. Don't know if I would stay again
1 night trip Sep 12, 2013
ed
"Nice hotel that fit out budget this month!"
Usually we stay at top hotels being in the military and usually we have the $$ but this month was very hard on our wallet. We have back too back soccer tournaments this month, add that too start of school and we found ourselves with very little cash until sept. We knew this hotel was older and we knew it wasn't a 5 star making the reservation. We hoped it wasn't a flea invested hotel and thank God it wasn't. Hotel is close too everything. Very affordable, safe area. All the other parents on my daughters team stayed at the Hilton close by for triple more yikes. There hotel lost power and had too evacuate and well our hotel was quite and uneventful. Only down side I really could think of was the coffee. Bring your own. I would stay again for a weekend.
Other trip Aug 26, 2013
Theresa
Good for over night stay. Hotel is an older facility.
1 night trip with friends Aug 17, 2013
Not bad, however the blankets could have been updated and gave more towels. Also they were kind of stingy on the soap and shampoo.
2 night trip Aug 9, 2013
Nicole
"Pet Friendly Hotel"
I realize it is hard to clean a room when a person has two dogs in the room, but for 2 days of a 4 day stay we took the dogs with us and our room still wasn't cleaned. We even asked that our room be cleaned and told them that we would have the dogs with us so it could be. We were told that the room would be cleaned but when we returned 4 hours later the room still was not cleaned. After the second day of trying to get the room cleaned I gave up and just figured that they would clean it after we went home. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone traveling with dogs.
Other trip Aug 10, 2013
Terri
"great stay"
It was a great stay for my sisters and I the staff was helpful the room was nice and clean and it was close to everything I will come back
1 night family trip Jul 14, 2013
Roberta
"Motel sign need to be more visuable."
Bathroom could use a through cleaning and the sink needs to be replaced. Desk clerk (check-in) was not helpful.Did not inform of breakfast and time. No show of welcome. Manners some what liking. Breakfast milk was warm, no plates, no coffee (The desk clerk did make some) Explain why no coffee and got plates.
Other trip Apr 26, 2013
Housekeeping/maintenance helpful and friendly!
5 night trip Apr 10, 2013
This hotel is sorely in need of a makeover...the tv was at least 15 years old, the remote control didn't work...no ice machine for our building. Small breakfast was adequate.
2 night trip Apr 12, 2013
"Joke of a hotel"
Very bad hotel. Terrible odor when walked in the room, old TV, old furnishing, not well kept up. Also, house keeping did not finish cleaning the room during the stay. When we came back, the bed was halfway made, trash left in the middle of the room, and bathroom was in worse condition than we left it. Front office had no excuse why it was not cleaned. Very poorly managed. Would not consider staying here again.
2 night trip Apr 12, 2013
"Smell was very bad"
It was really poor.. There had to be a sewer problem because the room smelled awful. I am sorry but the whole experience was not good. We booked 2 queens and got one King even though we showed them the printout we had that said 2 queen beds. I guess they let rooms out for the week too because our neighbors were coming in from work/or leaving for work at 4 am everyday/night and we could hear them talk and wake us up. i had to leave the room ever so often just to get some fresh air. If there had been any other room possibilities(Masters week) we would have left. This is the first time I have ever complained about a room in my life.
2 night trip with friends Apr 7, 2013
E Ward
"Masters Trip"
Accommodating hotel but could use a renovation.
2 night trip Apr 7, 2013
"SRS vicinity"
Skimps (cheap-skates) on breakfast items - does not have all items available;
6 night business trip Apr 1, 2013
"Dont plan to swim in pool or have friendly maid"
I was little disappointed. I guess you def pay for what you get. The room ammenties were nice but the cracked sealing the old out dated rough towels and the dirty pool were not. I also asked one day if I can get towels and bed made and the housekeeper said towels yes but they don't make the bed even though it clearly states it on the tag them leave on night stand. Also try to avoid getting the a joining room if you don't know who's next door. It provides no sound barrier from people next door.
8 night family trip Mar 30, 2013
Out Of Towner
"ok for the money"
ok for a ycheap place to sta
1 night trip Oct 26, 2012
suzi

"Business meeting"
Hotel close to business contact. It is quite old but an effort is being made to keep it in repair.
Other trip Feb 18, 2015
Roy
Staff were all very friendly. Our room was clean. I was disappointed to see that the pool was closed the whole time we were there, that is the reason that I book this hotel because of the location and the pool.
2 night trip Jun 5, 2013
Rebekah
Response by Howard Johnson Inn Aiken
Howard Johnson (Aiken, SC) would like to thank you for taking our survey and responding with your feedback. We would like to apology for any inconveniences you have experienced during your stay with us. It is our policy to provide every guest with superior services. We are looking forward to your return stay to show our work in progress.
1 night family trip Nov 6, 2015
Response by Howard Johnson Inn Aiken
Howard Johnson (Aiken, SC) would like to thank you for taking our survey. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are looking forward to your return stay.
4 night business trip Sep 21, 2015
daniel
Response by Howard Johnson Inn Aiken
Howard Johnson (Aiken, SC) would like to thank you for taking our survey. We would like to apology for any inconveniences you experienced during your stay. We look forward to your return stay with us to show our work in progress.
4 night romance trip Sep 16, 2015
Response by Howard Johnson Inn Aiken
Howard Johnson would like to thank you for taking our survey. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay.
1 night romance trip Jun 13, 2015