All hotels in Statesville, North Carolina, United States of America

Breakfast is average
    Dirty
    Room is not nice
    Poor vibe
"okay over-nighter, rethink extended stay"
The water in the bathtub/shower sounded like a jack hammer tearing up something. We had to kick the wall to make it stop, but after that it worked okay. The heater took a long time to warm up the room, then when it did, it became too hot. When we turned it down to low it became very cold again in the room. Not a good temperature regulator. We were there for a 3 night stay. Probably better for an over-night stay.
3 night trip Mar 27, 2014
"The hotel was not good at all."
It was not good. The floors were about to fall through, the door to the toilet had a large crack and anyone out could see in. The water would not stop running in the sink or tub. It was not a good place for me to stay.
Other trip Mar 24, 2014
"We're not pickey....BUT, UGG"
Other reviews say it's hard to find... I thought, how hard is it to find a big awning with a " Days INN" sign??? Because you JUST exited the interstate and it's located on the "ON" ramp!!! When we questioned the desk clerk all he could do was SLAM Walmart about their building messing up the layout. The room was SO dated we hadn't even seen this type of bathtub faucets (& we are in our 50's) and the sink had been painted. The floor sloped down and came back up, throwing you off balance. It did have a comfortable bed but the car dealership next door had their lot speakers on and the radio blaring until I found my earplugs in the other luggage at 2:30 am. We didn't partake in breakfast... It ended at 9am.! Room DID have frig, microwave, WIFI, & TV. We ordered carry outs from Cracker Barrel but LOTS of dining choices from $ - $$$. Our room was on the first floor and the ice machines are on the second floor...really??? Definitely CAN NOT recommend this hotel!! Spend another $5 and pick another !
1 night family trip Mar 15, 2014
HelloDolly59
"Hard to get to."
No signs to approach this place. Road noise very loud.
Other trip Mar 10, 2014
Our room was clean, but the bathroom definitely needed to be redone.
Other trip Jan 5, 2014
"Awesome!"
We showed up about 10 hours before checkout and they were able to book us a room and let us stay in the same room both nights so we would not have to move. The rooms were very clean and the managerial staff was excellent. The homemade waffles was a great surprise as well.
1 night trip Dec 13, 2013
Jerry
"Good, inexpensive place to sleep"
The filters in the air conditioner/heater were disgusting. We had to wash them out by hand. And even afterwards, the heater was blowing dusty air, so we left it off, which of course made the room rather chilly. However, everything else was fine. The rest of the room was relatively clean, the bed was comfortable, all of the amenities were there, and the continental breakfast the next morning was very tasty.
1 night trip Nov 10, 2013
"Room in bad shape"
staff was nice, but hotel was very hard to find and the room was outdated, run-down, and dirty.
Other trip Oct 26, 2013
"Convenient!"
We were looking for an inexpensive close to a freeway motel. The days inn was exactly what we were looking for. A pleasant experience !
1 night business trip Oct 19, 2013
Pauli
"If you read one review, this is the one"
I don't know why the other reviewers rated this hotel so low. The hotel offers everything you can ask from a hotel. A friendly staff, plenty of ice, a clean room, and close to eateries. It is an older property but it is well taken care of. You will be happy staying here and it doesn't break the bank!
2 night business trip Oct 12, 2013
Anthony G
"Pretty bad"
Real hard to find. Then drove on past at first because it looked closed-saw some cars out back, so turned around and pulled in. Room was large & at first glance fairly clean, though carpet was "don't take off your socks". After closer look, tub was really dirty and had several days' fresh black mold growing around overflow drain. We've obviously got to review the reviews better.
1 night family trip Oct 8, 2013
"Don't stay here"
This place is a dive!! I do not recommend that anyone stay here. There was mold under the glass in a picture frame. This place looks nothing like the pictures it is rundown.
3 night romance trip Oct 4, 2013
"Leaking shower faucet"
Upon arriving in our room we noticed the faucet in the bathtub leaking. We tried to tighten the hot and cold knobs but it continued leaking all night.
Other trip Oct 2, 2013
Janet
"terrible experience..don't stay here!!"
the whole experience was awful! staff unfriendly. managers so rude. bugs everywhere. dirty dirty dirty. wasn't allowed to have enough breakfast for all 3 of us! mangers said we weren't allowed to take that much food...one waffle and 2 oranges???!! really..???
2 night business trip Sep 22, 2013
unhappy guest
"Days Inn Statesville"
Overall, the stay was fine. Room was clean, and the complimentary breakfast was good.
Other trip Sep 14, 2013
"we went to be with our neice when she had surgery."
The hotel is less than a mile from the hospital. Great location for convenience for newcomers to the area. The staff were very friendly. The breakfast was nice. We would return and recommended this hotel for anyone, especially if there is hospital visits included in your trip.
Other trip Aug 27, 2013
"Vacation to Florida"
Breakfast was good. The staff member checking us in and out was nice and friendly. The hotel is hard to find as the road sign and signage for the hotel are very small. The hotel is an older hotel that really does need a lot of updates. The room was ok. It was not very clean. There was a dead coach roach on the floor under the sink and the bathroom (toilet/shower) was not clean. The toilet was dirty inside and there was body hair all over the floor and in the shower. For $50 I don't expect much, however I do expect a clean place to stay and sleep free from dead bugs, burnt out light bulbs and pubic hair. Just saying.
Other trip Aug 19, 2013
"Visit"
For the cost and ease of getting there and back on the road was good. Parking lot area not in good shape had a dirty house cat outside eating from styrofoam bowl.
1 night trip Aug 13, 2013
Terry
"Traveling down to Orlando, Florida."
Everything was ok, but swimming pool was closed, had cover over it.
Other trip Aug 13, 2013
"Served the purpose"
We were making a 950 mile trip and needed a reasonably priced place to stay overnight. We were only there a few hours, but it served its purpose. Close to the highway, reasonably priced, and breakfast.
1 night trip Aug 2, 2013
Terrible maintenance. Whole place needs to be bulldozed.
1 night trip Jul 27, 2013
"Our stay"
The location was hard to find and dangerous to drive to and breakfast was junk. Will not stay again.
Other trip Jul 8, 2013
walt
"A travelers stay"
We were a little concerned becuase when we arrived at about 8:30 PM, there were just a few cars in the parking lot. By 10 PM, many more guests arrived. The room was large enough, the bathroom area and sink were clean but the shower head was hanging from the stem. We had to jury rig it to work. Even with that, the water trickled out. There was a refidgefstor in the room and the wifi was adequate. Breakfast was the usual waffles and cold cereal. I would recommend this motel for a one night stay.
1 night trip Jun 6, 2013
Stew R

The following English reviews were posted by hotel guests from other countries:

"hotel needed upgrade"
Toilet needed repair. Blanket had hole in it from cigarette burn even tho it was a non smoking room. Free continental breakfast selection was limited and coffee cream old n curdled. Would not recommend this Days Inn hotel
Other trip Oct 19, 2015
Brenda
"Forget it"
I was raised to believe that if you have nothing good to say , say nothing.
Other trip Aug 31, 2015
Cher
Good and clean. Good breakfast. Room is good and the service is nice.
Other trip Mar 28, 2014
"Biggest dump in Statesville!!!"
dead bugs in room dirty, dusty, beds were un comfortable, Shower and tub were so gross we couldn't use them. I will never stay here again and I will be emailing days inn about this place
Other trip Feb 12, 2014
"Inexpensive motel and what I expected for the pay"
Managers/Owners were MOST pleasant and helpful. I give them a 10 out of 10!
Other trip Nov 23, 2013
"was just ok"
The room could have used a good scrubbing.. The chairs in the room were pretty dirty however, the bed was comfortable and clean. Not the best we ever stayed at, not the worst...Most likely won't be repeat business from us although the staff was very helpful.
1 night trip Oct 18, 2013
Harry

The following reviews were posted by hotel guests from other countries:

"Arrêt pour une nuit"
Bien situer près de l'autoroute bon rapport qualité prix
1 night trip Aug 25, 2014
2 night family trip Aug 22, 2013

TripAdvisor reviews for Days Inn Statesville

"I like this place"
04/29/16 bilbo b Sacramento, California
A nice and quiet location, nice, clean rooms, most non smoking rooms smell like no smoking. I have run into a few that have been smoked in; those seem to be at the far ends of the wings, Decent truck parking, nice and pleasant staff. Currently road works have the whole area screwed up with detours and blocked roads, but well worth the effort to find your way around. Usual lite breakfast
"Disgusting"
04/20/16 F2594XMmichaelk Erie, Pennsylvania
This was the filthiest room we have ever been in! The bathroom floor was sticky, the floor needed vacummed, the bathtub was discolored and the fixtures were very dirty. The light switch between the beds would not turn off and the headboards were loose! We had no choice but to stay as we had a dog with us. Never again...very run down and shabby!
"Very dirty"
04/16/16 fenzeld Wadsworth, Ohio
The kids asked if they could sleep in the car. We never took our shoes off and were afraid to use the shower.
"disappointed"
04/13/16 Debra D Salt Springs, Florida
when we got there the room wasn't ready, they gave us another room, it was dirty, the water was turned off, and when it came on after calling the front desk it was hot and never would turn completely off. Would not go there again!!!
"A bit hard to find with all the road construction going on"
04/13/16 gwblum South Pasadena, Florida
We stayed here on our way back to Florida from an emergency trip to Canada. After missing the road our GPS said to take, we found it in amongst all the road construction. An older motel, the room was average but clean and comfortable.
"Very bad"
04/13/16 robertwV5490VU Mineral, Virginia
Upon arriving at the location, it looked very run down. Knowing it was a Wyndham property, I did not judge. Once in the room, there were a whole host of issues. The room was filthy and in very poor condition. I would never stay at this location again.
"Not Bad, For a Days Inn"
04/11/16 Jim L
This is not a bad place to stay at all, especially compared to other places around the same price point. My room was clean when I had arrived, and the shower water pressure (one of my biggest pet peeves anywhere I go) was actually very good. Here's why I'm not giving this place 5 stars. There's construction going on outside of the motel, so some of the roads are a little confusing (not the hotel's fault at all). The bed was not the most comfortable, but it was alright for the cost of the room (compared to other similarly priced rooms). I had to turn the tv all the way up the first night I was there just so I could hear it properly (but it was a good tv otherwise). Plus, on both the second and third night I stayed there, my room keys didn't work and I had to go to the front desk to have them redone. The person on the second night told me that whoever did it first must have only keyed in the cards for one night. The following night, I had to go again because the key cards didn't work. That person (a different one) at the desk told me that the person the night before must have only done it for one night. Seriously? Just look at my reservation and activate the keys for my remaining nights there! That actually was my biggest pet peeve about the stay. So, considering that, it must have been a decent stay overall. :)
"Late arrival. Early departure"
04/10/16 Carl M NIAGARA FALLS
A bit shabby, but OK to for a place to get some sleep for a night while on the road. TV didn't work. No credit offered.. Checked in late. Left early. Light breakfast not bad.
"Nice for the price"
04/08/16 Charles M Haymarket, Virginia
OK place to stay. Needs a little tender loving care, but seemed clean to me. Employees friendly. Not the first time I've stayed here.
"Terrible, smelly, dirty, bathroom full of hair"
04/08/16 823juliee Zephyrhills, Florida
From the moment you walk into the room you are taken back by the terrible smell. My family and I were exhausted from a very long road trip and relied on the "Days Inn" quality we have experienced in the past, but this place was awful. We would have gone somewhere else but the kids were too tired because it was so late at night. The room was very dirty and when you walked on the floor you felt like you were going to fall through. The bathroom and bathtub were dirty and full of hair. Luckily I travel with Lysol and I sprayed the bathroom before we used it. We slept a few hours in our clothes and then got back on the road. AVOID this place. It was just awful!