All hotels in Chicago, Illinois, United States of America
201 E Delaware Pl, Chicago, IL, 60611, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"reserved room type all taken"
Arrived late to find all my reserved room type was already taken so the hotel upgraded me to a suite. I've stayed in so many of the 4 star downtown Chicago hotels for work, and only about 10% of them will upgrade if your room is taken.
1 night business trip May 11, 2015
"Just not worth the $"
Called prior to check in, received extremely poor service over the phone from a very rude young lady. Upon arrival the door man did nothing to try and help me and my boyfriend out as we entered the hotel an older women who looked like someone of power who worked there said nothing to us and didn't even look at us. Why have a door man if he isn't even going to open the door ??
1 night business trip May 8, 2015
Anthony
"Stay away, plenty of better places to stay."
Not a good place to stay, rooms are loud, service is poor. The team running this place needs to understand what the words guest, service and manners mean.
4 night business trip Apr 8, 2015
"Recommend"
Great price, service and location.
2 night trip with friends May 8, 2015
"Nice weekend - 2nd time staying"
2nd time staying. Nice, quiet, very conveniently located, friendly staff. Text messaged me that my room was ready for check-in early since I arrived earlier than my check-in.
1 night business trip May 9, 2015
"Location, location, location!!!"
Great proximity to Water Tower, Ghiradelli, etc, and my kids and I loved the donut shop in the foyer. BEST DONUTS EVER!!!!
2 night family trip Apr 8, 2015
Katharine
"Nice place, 4 nights stay"
Very good place to stay, great service, clean room, very well located. Will visit again.
4 night business trip Apr 28, 2015
Luis F
"Great area in Chicago. near Michigan Ave"
What a fabulous hotel. Great rooftop bar bed was super comfortable. Nice little area near lobby to get coffee and pastries. Just a 10 min walk to "L" only neg was no hair dryer in room. So glad I had brought a hat with me.
Other trip May 2, 2015
laurie
"Stay somewhere else!"
The room was expensive and pretentious. There were rusty fixtures hanging from the ceiling, water damage at the ceiling, and a very poor paint job. The full length mirror was in a place that couldn't be accessible unless you stood on/ at the head of the bed. The bathroom looked nice, but the glass shower barrier was less than adequate and a lot of water would spill onto the floor while showering. Nice looking design, but not efficient. Extremely disappointed in this hotel.
2 night romance trip Apr 25, 2015
Tenni
"Good experience"
Excellent service
2 night family trip Apr 28, 2015
Jose
"A gem near Michigan Ave."
Very nice clean and well decorated room, block from Ritz (where I had meetings), for half the price. Surprisingly well-done. Very pleasant staff, but need to streamline front desk process. Only room for 2 staff members for check-in, slight line, no automated checkout process so again a slight line.
2 night business trip Apr 22, 2015
Dean
"NIce stay"
Wonderful stay! We stayed in the grand suite for a few nights and it was amazing. A room that size is impossible to find in Chicago. With a baby in tow, all that space was very nice to have. The room service was responsive to our every need. My only complaint about the hotel would be the quality of the beds. The headboard of our bed was damaged and the mattress could be more comfortable.
3 night business trip Apr 19, 2015
Siddartha
"Chicago getaway"
We had a very nice stay at Raffaello. Staff was courteous and professional. Our room was clean, comfortable, and well equipped.
4 night trip with friends Apr 20, 2015
Tina
"Never to return!"
Bathroom remodeled, but still bad - teeny sink with no surrounding counter, unoperable shower. Rough concrete walls jutting out that tore my sweater. Inresponsive front desk - no wake up call even tho requisted
1 night trip with friends Apr 21, 2015
rae
"Great location, beautiful hotel"
Stayed here after having a flight canceled this weekend. Would highly recommend this beautiful hotel to any friends, family or people traveling to Chicago. The rooms are clean and spacious and the service is impeccable. Thank you.
Other trip Apr 22, 2015
Lauren
"Great location/great price"
We loved it. Great location close to Michigan avenue. Hotel was clean and staff very polite. The room was spacious but the bathroom very small. Great coffee place in lobby.
2 night romance trip Apr 15, 2015
Rosemary
"hotel"
There are only two elevators for the entire hotel. To make matters worse each elevator only holds four people. We were there on a weekend and it was a joke trying to use the elevators...the wait was very 10 minutes or more almost every time. Also the lobby is very small and there are only a few seats in it. we were waiting for friends to come down from there room (slow elevators) and there was no place to sit.
2 night business trip Apr 17, 2015
Edward P
"Review"
The room is not the DoubleTree for size and HVAC comfort. It is a matter of the building, not what anyone can do short-term.
1 night trip Apr 16, 2015
"Great Hotel!!"
Love this hotel! Very eclectic and unique. Super close to Water Tower and John Hancock. Bellmen were super friendly and very helpful.
1 night family trip Apr 8, 2015
"Location, location, location."
This is my second trip to Chicago and I stayed at the same hotel.; the doorman and the office clerk were different people than the first time but the warm welcoming was the same. The room and the bathroom were in very good conditions as well as the bed clothing. Location is spectacular; 3 blocks away from Michigan Ave. and walking distance to excellent restaurants and the lake.
Other trip Apr 13, 2015
Gaby
"Nice but very small bathrooms"
The bathroom, while nice, was so small you could barely turn around inside and there is not very much counter space for a woman to stow makeup and other toiletries. Can't really put your makeup on in the bathroom because there is no counter space on which to work. The safe in the room was broken and couldn't be replaced or fixed in time for me to make my morning meetings. While they boast a roof top bar, and it is nice, the club music is so loud that you can't even have a conversation. They need more food options. The restaurant attached to the hotel is supposed to be excellent but is very expensive. The Starbucks in the lobby only has coffee and donuts -- really -- donuts. How about some fresh fruit or something healthy.
Other trip Apr 13, 2015
MJ
"Great hotel near Michigan Ave and steps from lake"
A fantastic hotel experience in a great central location downtown - friendly staff, clean, modern feel, no question we would go to this hotel again
Other trip Apr 12, 2015
Ron and family
Everything was great except rooms were a little warm. Turned on the air which I dont think was working, so we opened the windows. Wouldn't be comfortable in the summer though. Overall great hotel, lots of character and service was great.
3 night family trip Apr 7, 2015
"College visits"
Hotel was in great location conveniently located near shops and sites. Room was very accommodating for family of four.
2 night family trip Apr 7, 2015
"Great hotel, convenient location"
The staff makes you feel right at home. No matter how many questions we asked, they were polite and patient. We didn't come for a long time, but they made sure we had a good time!
Other trip Apr 11, 2015
"Nice hotel great location to shopping!"
Hotel location is very close to all the shopping on Michigan Ave.
Other trip Apr 11, 2015
Jill
"Nice hotel in a good area"
Stayed here for a few nights while in town for a hockey game. The hotel was very quiet, i had no problems sleeping which is unusual for me. Its close to Navy pier, magnificaent mile etc. the bar on the 18th floor was awesome, the best selection of scotch i have ever seen at a hotel. I will repeat when i go back.
Other trip Apr 10, 2015
"Spring break trip"
Great location! Very friendly staff! My only complaint is the size of the bathrooms. There was very little counter space which made it inconvenient getting ready. There was only room for one person at a time using the bathroom. Other than that....we were very happy with our stay.
3 night family trip Apr 4, 2015
Renee
"Exclent hotel"
Hotel is very close to shopping and famous restaurant, I recommend this hotel to anyone wants to experience the magnificent mile .
Other trip Apr 8, 2015
"Very nice hotel in a great location."
We had 2 excellent nights at Raffaello & will definitely stay there again. Actually, the ac did not work but I forgot to tell management because we were able to open windows & enjoyed the fresh cool air. Everyone we had contact with was very helpful & professional. The room with 2 double beds was very clean & comfortable.
Other trip Apr 8, 2015
Carole
"Great hotel in a great location"
Upon checking in we were immediately upgraded to a suite at no additional charge. The suite was wonderful and very quiet, Staff and maid service were excellent.
Other trip Apr 4, 2015
"Nice hotel near many tourist attractions"
We enjoyed our stay in this older Chicago hotel. Our suite was spacious and clean, and staff were wonderful. It's close to the John Hancock tower, and the water tower. Only downside - our daughter slept on the hide-a-bed sofa - which had an uncomfortable mattress.
Other trip Apr 4, 2015
Tracy
"Awesome"
Anniversary get away
1 night romance trip Apr 1, 2015
Dennis
The hotel and location were very good- I wish I had had an idea about how much it cost to park in downtown Chicago.. $65 for overnight valet parking and if you walked a block you could take it to the hotel garage yourself for $35. Parking would be the reason that I wouldn't stay there again.
Other trip Apr 2, 2015
"Run down rooms"
This hotel is run down. It needs a renovation. The beds are too firm and so are the pillows. The bathroom is tiny with no counter space. There is not a doorman 100% of the time to hail a taxi for you. The room service comes from their Italian restaurant for lunch and dinner, so if you want something that is not Italian you are out of luck. This hotel felt like a 3 Star. Now I know why it was more affordable. The only good thing was the rooftop bar called The Drum Bar. It's a cool, posh scene.
Other trip Mar 31, 2015
swanky
"Trouble with a changed reservation"
I had changed a booking from 2 nights to one night with Hotels.com and they took care of it. However, upon arrival, the hotel had charged me for the first night and cancelled the reservation as a no show. I had to get on the phone with Hotels.com - the Raffaello would not budge. Hotels.com talked to the manager, we got our room (after a half an hour of anxiety) and they upgraded us to a suite for our troubles. Nice room, bad experience. Perhaps I should have called the hotel directly to make sure they got the change.
2 night family trip Mar 27, 2015
"Good stay"
Bathroom door was jammed and would not lock. Staff was very courteous but not friendly.
3 night family trip Mar 16, 2015
Deepak
"Lovely first visit to Chicago."
Great location. Very nice hotel and service. Would stay again.
4 night family trip Mar 14, 2015
pamela
"Dont stay here"
The staff was rude , also did not disclose the truth abt my fees over charged me and would not correct billing
3 night family trip Feb 26, 2015
chauntiel
"great downtown location"
We could not have been more pleased - attentive staff, beautiful room, great location and yummy donuts!
Other trip Mar 19, 2015
Marci
"Overall good hotel"
The Raffaello was great in regards to space per room, hotel staff, and cleanliness. I was slightly disappointed by the condition of the hotel after seeing pictures online. The pictures posted online are a bit deceiving...The rooms are outdated and need some renovating. That didn't bother us too much though so we were overall pleased with our stay.
3 night trip with friends Mar 12, 2015
Katy
Excelent for a vacation in Chicago, nice staff and good quality overall
Other trip Mar 18, 2015
Ernesto
"Excellent hotel close to amenities"
Very nice hotel staff where excellent & friendly. The only thing I would say is that the elevators need to get updated.
Other trip Mar 18, 2015
"Just ok this stay"
I've stayed with this hotel numerous times but, sad to say this particular stay was underwhelming. A new person at the desk was not particularly cheery, bathroom was quite dirty and the room has horrible lighting.
1 night business trip Mar 11, 2015
"Nice hotel; terrible, unfriendly staff"
The room and condition of the hotel we're great. The staff was very unwelcoming, unfriendly and snobby. It took 35 minutes to get towels for my family. Great hotel ruined by unfriendly staff.
Other trip Mar 16, 2015
jes
"Charming."
Had two great nights. Very elegant and classy. Service was great. The rooftop bar makes a nightcap easy. A little pricy on the valet but about average in Chicago. I will definitely stay there again next time in The Windy City.
1 night family trip Mar 10, 2015
eric
Comfortable stay, conveniently located to area attractions. We enjoyed our stay.
Other trip Mar 14, 2015
Drama Mama
Location is great Terrible wifi and elevators but the hotel is amazing so makes up for it.
Other trip Mar 14, 2015
ALG
"love love love"
I love love love the Raffaello. Whenever I can afford it, which is usually the off season months, I book rooms there. Very good coffee in the donut shop downstairs. Location cannot be beat if you are staying downtown. It's a boutique hotel/vintage property that's odd in that each room is owned by someone who, because they don't stay there all the time agrees to let their room be rented out. AMAZING view of the Hancock Tower next door. Very comfy beds. Rooms typically do not have bathtubs. because the rooms are owned by individuals you'll notice that there are certain quirks as if you're staying in someone's home, like no one has bothered to fix the drain stop. This is actually not a complaint. For some reason I found this endearing. Anyway, it's authentically Chicago, and a better pick than any other hotel in the area. The restaurant downstairs is very, very expensive, by the way. But the menu looks amazing...
2 night romance trip Mar 2, 2015