All hotels in Muskegon, Michigan, United States of America
939 3rd St, Muskegon, MI, 49440, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9227

"Do not break your fast here!"
The breakfast facilities are very poor and ruined what should have been a very pleasant stay. Not up to the usual standard by a long way
2 night business trip Dec 14, 2015
Grahame
Great service. Friendly, well informed, helpful staff. Terrible lights. 12.5 watts is not enough to light a closet. With all the lights on, the room approached twilight. Time to get tepid water in shower or sink was easily longest I have seen in the US. Wi-Fi, free and almost as fast as dial up.
1 night business trip Dec 8, 2015
"Muskegon weekend"
Nice place with great location
2 night trip with friends Nov 13, 2015
"Expensive stay"
Enjoyed my stay and dinning was close proximity to motel. Other than being charged for breakfast. Most other motels offer breakfast as a package deal. That's why I believe there was vacancy here at the Holiday Inn.
1 night romance trip Oct 23, 2015
Curtis
The staff at the desk were extremely helpful with directions. We were disappointed that there were no bellmen since my friend is handicapped and I had to haul the bags by myself. We were very pleased that we could order from the menu at breakfast instead of just the buffet. We would stay here again and probably will.
2 night trip with friends Oct 13, 2015
Gwen
"Slow service in restaurant"
Very nice hotel.
1 night family trip Oct 16, 2015
"Great all around experience"
It was an over night stay only. I had a wonderful dinner the evening of my arrival and a wonderful breakfast. Everything was very tasty. Everyone on the staff what courteous and pleasant. I would definitely stay there again.
1 night trip Oct 15, 2015
Kenneth
Our check in clerk did not speak distinctly and seemed to jump from subject to subject as he remembered things. On our second day at the hotel we were out of the room at 7:30 am and did not return until 3 pm and our room had not been refreshed.
Other trip Oct 15, 2015
"Customer Service Saves a Bad Situation"
We checked in to the Holiday Inn at the last minute as our plans had changed. When my girlfriend went to the bathroom, she called me in to view the bathtub which was the worst I had ever seen. I don't know if it had been resurfaced and had peeled but it was totally disgusting. I took a photo and went down to the front desk. They were horrified and moved us to another room and took that room out of inventory. They offered us free breakfast but I had already bought the breakfast package. They offered us free dinner but we had already eaten. The situation was pretty bad, but the hotel did make an effort to rectify it and satisfy us as customers. My friend had trouble using the WIFI (we were at the end of the hallway), and the pillows were too plump for comfort, but basically, the room was what you would expect at a Holiday Inn. Incidentally, the breakfast option was not a buffet, but made to order, and we could have anything on the menu (not because of the snafu but because we purchased the breakfast option for a very reasonable $5 extra).
1 night trip with friends Oct 6, 2015
"A pleasant family reunion in Muskegon"
The staff was friendly and professional. The restaurant was booked the first night we stayed so supper was inconvenient. Otherwise, our stay was very pleasant.
2 night family trip Oct 2, 2015
Deborah
"Good central location, close to everything."
Staff was great. We arrived after 9PM and just wanted some drinks and appetizers at the bar. We were delighted to hear live music! The singer/guitar player was great. Our bartender worked the bar mostly alone on a Saturday night. The only problem we had was with the food that night. It was lukewarm and tasted like the kitchen was closing, which it was, at 10PM. Maybe their dinners are better prepared. Next morning's breakfast was good. We would stay here again. As for dinner, with other bistros, etc, on the same block, we would dine at one of those next time.
Other trip Oct 5, 2015
Lindsey
"A nice place to visit - but not for a long stay."
We were generally not unhappy with the hotel. The glaring items were the "Continental Breakfast" that was available was EXTREMELY disappointing. We were expecting a pleasant breakfast like when we had stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in Somerset, PA just a few nights earlier. Instead we found cold danish, OLD bananas and fruit infused water - that was not what was expected. We had mentioned an issue with a vending machine on our floor, made a point of telling the hotel staff that afternoon, was told they would put a note on the machine - two days later at check out - still NO NOTE,
Other trip Oct 5, 2015
Steve & Belinda
"ferry trip"
We came over on the lake express ferry from milwaukee with our bicycles. It was about a 2 mile ride to the hotel on bike path for most of the way. Hotel was very accommodating with our bikes, locked them in storage room. In the morning even though we had checked out, they allowed us to leave our bike, because it was raining and our trip back wasn't until late afternoon. Unfortunately, the ferry was not going to be traveling back so we ended up renting a car, which was enterprise car rental, also very helpful with our situation, as we needed something large enough to get bikes back.
1 night romance trip Sep 28, 2015
"One-Day Michigan Getaway"
My wife and I took a spur of the moment one-day trip to Michigan. The hotel location was great, with plenty of bars within walking distance. The hotel was comfortable and had a great pool area with an outside balcony on the second floor. We enjoyed the hot tub and saunas as well. We had some frustration at the hotel lounge since we didn't know that certain Indiana driver's licenses aren't valid as identification in Michigan, so we stayed away from there. At check-in, the clerk said that the breakfast coupons we purchased from our third-party agent (hotels.com) were not valid. The free continental breakfast was a joke so I argued this with a different clerk in the morning who quickly looked up our reservation and said that we did purchase the breakfast vouchers, and fixed the situation.
1 night romance trip Sep 26, 2015
Heath
Enjoyed Muskegon, took a bike tour, got to the farmers market. Nice day. Hotel was in good shape, desk clerk took some extra time to help us. We would go back.
1 night romance trip Sep 22, 2015
Bruce M.
"Lower from what I expected"
This Hotel belong to Holiday Inn therefore my expectation was higher quality. The beds were comfortable but the room is very old. Had problems with the sink. The quality of services were low. Did get shampoo and soap on the second day. No towels in the swimming pool. They were running out of breakfast products very early in the morning.
3 night family trip Sep 4, 2015
"Good and comfortable!"
Good and comfortable stay!
2 night family trip Sep 4, 2015
We had a great stay.
2 night family trip Sep 4, 2015
"Awful experience"
The worst and most unfriendly staff I have ever encountered in my life!
1 night business trip Aug 26, 2015
Briggitte
"Nice but pricey"
Kids enjoyed the pool. Only thing bad was it was a bit pricey and no breakfast. Great location.
1 night family trip Aug 21, 2015
Le Roy
"Very clean"
I've stayed here before and have had a good experience both times. Good location and the rooms are very clean. A clean room tops my list of "must" followed by a safe surrounding atea, this place has both. Worth the price
Other trip Aug 27, 2015
tony
"Nice hotel."
Didn't like city, under renovation, no shopping district.
Other trip Aug 26, 2015
Diane & Robert
Kids loved the pool, room was perfect for 2 adults and 2 kids.
Other trip Aug 25, 2015
"Nice hotel for family with kids"
Stayed for 1 night with 2 little kids. Good breakfast in the morning, enough to be full. Used the hot tube and swimming pool- excellent! Room was clean, comfortable and price was reasonable. Personnel was friendly and helpful!
Other trip Aug 23, 2015
Lily, MI
Pool was to cold
2 night family trip Aug 14, 2015
"Generally it is ok!"
The staff told me there is lake view. I went into the room to only find a corner small window that partially shows part of the lake. he only convienient thing is that it is only 15 minute from Michigan adventure!
Other trip Aug 19, 2015
Rene
"Friday NIght off the Ferry"
We stood waiting to check-in in front of a staff who was on the phone, it appeared to be a private call. When she 'helped' us she was slow and unsure of her job. Not the best way to start a stay. The room was clean and comfortable., but WHY do Holiday Inn Express continue to put quilts on the bed and don't have a blanket available? No one seems able to answer that question.
1 night romance trip Jul 31, 2015
Myf
"Very nice stay with great staff."
Only disappointment was the continental breakfast. We thought we might have had a little more for the price of an overnight.
Other trip Aug 17, 2015
"Very good hotel"
This hotel provides service better than it reviews indicated. The staff from Casey on the front desk to housekeeping staff. Everyone was friendly. The room was clean and comfortable. The hotel is right in the middle of downtown easy walking distance to mist of the attractions. With a trolley ride to the rest.
2 night romance trip Aug 11, 2015
Donald
"Holiday Inn Muskegon"
Everything be was good. The hot tub was lacking a bit, but it was a nice hotel overall.
1 night family trip Aug 11, 2015
kara l
"unexpected comfort and service"
Overall enjoyed the stay. The check in was ok until the clerk at the desk told me I didn't reserve a room with free breakfast included. I didn't argue, I just told her I would call hotels. com and all of a sudden I have my free breakfast coupons. Upon my checkout I went to breakfast, was handed a menu and told to sit wherever I liked and had to walk back to the hostess to get a waitress. Can you say poor customer service. But will definitely stay again. The price was reasonable and the accomodations were comfortable.
2 night family trip Aug 10, 2015
trevor
"Helpful and pleasant staff."
Good location within walking distance to lakefront restaurant. 24-hour coffee and refreshing water with fruit in the lobby. Christopher was so pleasant and helpful when we checked in. Comfortable rooms.
1 night family trip Aug 10, 2015
Sheila
"Close to town but not so clean"
I don't think I would be rating this hotel so low had I not paid so much for our room. There was hair left in the shower from the previous occupant and the hot tub in the pool area had a brown ring around it. It is convenient to several nearby restaurants and bars but you pay the price for that convenience.
Other trip Aug 14, 2015
Cheryl
"BEST HOTEL ON OUR VACATION"
Incredible Hotel! Beautiful lobby and rooms. The pool area was great for the kids. The rooms were clean and very modern. The best part of the visit was the service: The desk manager discreetly handled an embarrassing situation for one of my children. She was amazing! Our server in the restaurant was great about helping my wife choose the best food with her allergies. We felt at home at this hotel and WILL BE BACK!!!
1 night family trip Aug 10, 2015
steven
"Muskegon Weekend"
The staff was absolutely fabulous. Went for a weekend stay. Had a great time.
2 night trip Aug 8, 2015
Anastasia
"Holiday-Inn Muskegon"
Very helpful staff at Hotel and resturant. Pool isn't very large but clean.
3 night family trip Aug 6, 2015
"Window broken in the Parking lot"
I was waiting to hear how the company responded to our claim to review this hotel. While staying there our car was one of three broken into in the parking lot. Back passenger window smashed entirely. The hotel staff was helpful- vacuumed all the glass out and helped bag up the window. The police were involved and an incident report made. Despite a sign up denying responsibility- which I asked about, I was led to believe they would work with insurance to cover costs. Despite only being $179 dollars, $39 more than I paid for the room, they have opted to not cover any portion of the costs. I had to speak to three different people with the hotel's insurance company. My calls were not returned. Then finally after my 5th call three weeks after the incident- i was told they do not feel any responsibility and no money will be paid. Seems nuts! The best thing about our stay was the nearby restaurant recommend to us by the hotel staff- the Lakeside Waterfront Grill- which was one of the best restaurants we have ever eaten in!!
Other trip Aug 10, 2015
anne
"close to downtown"
Nice room very close to downtown shops and restaurants. Very basic free breakfast, coffee and water all day.
3 night family trip Aug 5, 2015
robert
This was a stopover for our trip on to Northport, MI
Other trip Aug 7, 2015
Bathroom too small. No washcloths or enough soap one day.
Other trip Aug 6, 2015
"Clean and Relaxing"
Our room was clean, and the AC was great. The pool area and spa was clean, but the sauna we were looking forward to using was out of order during our stay. Overall it was a clean and relaxing environment.
3 night family trip Jul 26, 2015
Wonderful stay!
2 night family trip Jul 30, 2015
"Good downtown hotel near many tourist attractions"
My room was large, clean and quiet, and the lobby and staff were pleasant. Parking was easy. I was disappointed to learn that the "breakfast" promised on the Expedia website was only a continental breakfast. As a diabetic I cannot eat sweet pastries and yogurt with added sugar. When I complained, the desk clerk gave me a coupon for a real breakfast in the dining room. Dining room food was OK.
Other trip Aug 2, 2015
Terry
"Nice Michigan getaway"
We had a wonderful stay and would definitely stay again
2 night family trip Jul 29, 2015
rebecca
The hotel was clean and service was prompt and friendly. The beds were comfortable and my small boys enjoyed the pool. The buffet breakfast was fred for the kids, they loved it. The area of Muskegon was nice but seemed a ghost town, we were just a passing through. We discovered a small, local pizzeria called Whistlepunk which was incredible. This was the best pizza ever, even by our Portland, Or standards!
1 night family trip Jul 30, 2015
Best staff ever even check me in early. I arrived alone and had no where to go but they found a way to check me in. I would come back to stay anytime.
Other trip Aug 1, 2015
More than I wanted to pay but great staff & nice place.
Other trip Aug 1, 2015
"3 strikes"
I had 3 problems with my stay: 1. upon check-in of our 2 rooms (4 adults, 5 kids) I was expecting breakfast vouchers for the restaurant like I reserved, but was told there was a misunderstanding in the reservation and was only getting continental, even though my printed confirmation showed the free breakfast (not continental). 2. Our car was broken into in the hotel parking structure the first night. 3 other guests experienced the same misfortune. No manager introduced themselves to us, nor did they return our calls, and they were always in a meeting when we stopped by the desk the 3 days we stayed there. 3. On our last night, we got back to the hotel late from a day at the park and found our rooms hadn't been cleaned and did not get fresh towels. No one answered at the front desk, so we had to look for someone to get us fresh towels at 11 pm.
Other trip Jul 30, 2015
4 night family trip Jul 22, 2015
Sandra
"Lack of Security, poor housekeeping"
We had 3 problems with our stay... 1. the room rate we paid for was not what was honored, which is disappointing. We thought we were getting the free breakfast for 2 in the restaurant, like we had on a previous stay. What we got was continental, and it was pretty poor. The hotel did offer us 1 day of the breakfast we paid for, but not the other 2. Expedia wouldn't give us anything when we called to complain. 2. our new vehicle was broken into the first night. apparently they have a security guard, but 4 vehicles were broken into that night. A window was broken out and all contents were stolen. We left several messages for the manager at the front desk and via phone, but never got a call back. Every time we stopped by the front desk, the manager was "in a meeting". Very disappointed that management didn't take the time to talk to us or offer us anything for this happening. 3. on our last night (we stayed 3 nights), when we got back from Michigan's Adventure around 10:30 with our 3 young kids, we found our rooms had not been made, and we didn't get new towels. Called the front desk several times with no answer before finally walking down there to get our own towels. 4. pool area never has clean towels either.
Other trip Jul 27, 2015