All hotels in Muskegon, Michigan, United States of America
939 3rd St, Muskegon, MI, 49440, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9227

I had a really good experience at this hotel. I would recommend it!
Other trip Aug 11, 2014
"I'd stay again"
I'd stay again. The hotel is only okay but that's really all I was looking for. Rooms are small. We did have an issue with the sink in the bathroom backing up & maintenance had to take care of it in the middle of the night which was a nuisance. The staff was very nice but a middle of the night wake up call from maintenance was disconcerting. All in all, you get what you pay for. I didn't pay for a resort & I didn't get one :)
2 night family trip Aug 7, 2014
JT
"Great hotel...."
Not so great explanation of the breakfast policy of the hotel on hotels.com. However the Holiday Inn did work with us to fix the misunderstanding. Hotels.com only said that breakfast was included with our room but didn't explain that we get $20 vouchers per night. Not completely free. Next time I'm just calling the hotel myself.
2 night family trip Aug 6, 2014
"Fantastic"
It was great. We were two families and it was a sold out weekend. Kids and adults had fun. We went swimming in the awesome pool early in the morning. Fun.
2 night trip Aug 1, 2014
"Michigan adventure stay"
this is our second year staying here, but next time I think I'll stay at the shoreline across the street. Last year we did not have a good experience, this year was ok. My biggest complaint was after a long day at Michigan adventure we were really looking forward to the hot tub, but the hot tub was broken in the pool area and when asked at the front desk they said they were waiting for parts. Restaurant food is just ok, and they were out of many menu items. Hotel is close to Michigan adventures, only a 15 min drive.
1 night business trip Aug 5, 2014
shelly
$200 (incl. Tax) was too much for a tiny room with no continental breakfast, mini fridge, microwave, or bathroom fan. A/C didn't work, but they fixed it. Too cheap to cost that much.
1 night trip Aug 2, 2014
"Awesome Team!"
My husband and I came Sunday evening and checked in during the time of a blackout. lol However, we had such great service from the staff that it totally impressed us in the midst of the situation. Our room was very comfortable and cozy. The pool was nice but we were disappointed in the hot tub. That was the reason we wanted to stay there so we could soak our achy muscles. It seemed to be very vey low in water to the point where the jet were spraying above the water line and not as hot as we'd like it. The overall experience was ok for the one night that we were there. Once again, great nights rest and wonderful friendly staff.
Other trip Aug 5, 2014
Jewel
"Nice location. Close to Michigan Adventures!"
Lovely atmosphere with kind and friendly staff. Real good food with reasonable prices, bonus is kids under 12 eat free! Everything about this place I liked, it's clean, nicely decorated and will be staying again when visiting the area, although there is one small complaint. The king size mattress on the 8th floor needs replacing as it's sagging pretty bad. I got a great discount price through Expedia. Thank you Holiday Inn for a enjoyable visit!
Other trip Aug 5, 2014
Dawn
"muskegon overnight"
the staff was fabulous & the hotel was clean. very happy with our stay.
1 night family trip Jul 28, 2014
Best nights' sleep I ever had in a hotel- great access to a bike path for running!
1 night trip Jul 28, 2014
michael caffrey
"Pretty View"
The view from my room was great. The bed and pillows were VERY comfortable. When we asked for more pillows, we received them right away! The price was right for a stop over on our way north. The lobby restaurant was nice, the food was great!
1 night trip with friends Jul 24, 2014
Lauren
"Decent price for decent stay."
Staff was helpful and nice. The fixtures in the bathroom - to include the tub and faucet on the sink needed updating- worn
Other trip Jul 30, 2014
"great place to stay"
This is not the first time staying in this hotel and it will not be the last time, it is in a great location for my final destination with easy access to the highway.
3 night trip Jul 20, 2014
Jette
Very happy with our stay! Would stay again for sure if I'm in the area!
Other trip Jul 28, 2014
"Breakfast Hours"
We had to leave the hotel by 6:30AM to catch our 9:00AM flight. We expected and paid for breakfast but the dining room opened at 6:30AM. 6:00AM would have given us more time.
Other trip Jul 25, 2014
Mim
"Nice hotel close to Michigan Adventure"
Rooms were clean, staff pleasant and helpful, great in-house restaurant
Other trip Jul 19, 2014
Joyce
"Hotel is just average"
The staff was very friendly and helpful. The hotel is dated, room was ok. Breakfast could be better, food was barely warm.
Other trip Jul 17, 2014
Judi
Shaved hair on bathroom floor, footprints on jacuzzi steps(in room) and filthy window ledge. Desk sent maid. Still nasty hair on the floor, desk called maid again and she was rude to the person at the desk as well as my husband. They people working the desk were nice and tried to make it right but I would not ever stay here again.
1 night family trip Jul 12, 2014
"Disappointing facility"
Hotel was right next to a high crime neighborhood in a city that is not thriving. The view of bay was good from room but safety was a concern, as well as, uncleanliness and poor maintenance of facility for the high price per night. I would not recommend. Paid for breakfast then when we got to restaurant, only a very limited buffet only was offered. Definely, not worth $9.95/person
Other trip Jul 14, 2014
"Fantastic"
The hotel was great and so was the location. My daughter loved the pool. Would definitely stay again. I paid extra for breakfast and received a $20 voucher for breakfast and when I got there learned that kids under 12 eat free so it worked out great for dinner and breakfast!
1 night trip Jul 10, 2014
clean and comfortable
1 night trip Jul 7, 2014
"Bad start, decent ending"
We waited 15 minutes at the front lobby before someone came to check us in, and this was a holiday weekend during dinner time, not like it was middle of the night. They then charged my card twice, but the manager was able to remove the 2nd charge and the hotel room was very nice. The only thing it was missing was fridge and microwave, which was disappointing but the bed was comfortable and it overlooked the lake.
1 night trip Jul 6, 2014
"Good Hotel"
The room was a bit dingy and in need of updates but it was clean. The check-in girl was fantastic and very helpful.
Other trip Jul 6, 2014
"Good 4th of July Muskegon location."
The location of the hotel was ideal for 4th of July weekend activities in Muskegon. The mattress in our King room was tired and could be replaced for greater comfort. We probably would have rated the room cleanliness and hotel staff a notch higher had our room been straightened at some point on the 4th. We left for breakfast at 10 and returned to the room from 12 - 12:45 at which point we departed from the hotel for the remainder of the day. I was surprised when we returned at 11:00 pm to a room with an unmade bed and towels on the bathroom floor. It was the 4th and the occupancy rate appeared to be good so they may have been short staffed. At any rate,I'm more than capable of making the bed myself and would have done so had I anticipated that our room was going to remain untouched for the day. I would select the same hotel should we find ourselves in Muskegon in the future.
Other trip Jul 6, 2014
SH
"Not your money's worth."
The overall hotel is great. But the service is poor. The ladies at the desk are nice and check in is very fast, but they don't know the area very well so can't tell you what there is to do. Have to read about it. The restaurant has very poor service. I think their short staffed or their all new but not new at being a server. So hopefully they get that fixed. Other than that I didn't get what I really paid for. The pool area is lame. Mostly for kids. Over priced for what they offer.
1 night family trip Jul 2, 2014
"Not bad in a pinch. Needs lots of updating."
Last minute decision to join family at Michigan Adventure. Wanted the Shoreline Inn but they were booked and suggested the Holiday Inn (which they supposedly purchased last year). We had stayed at Holiday Inn last year and had moved three times in two day because of problems in the rooms. I told her this and she assured me they had renovated the "old hotel" and we would be comfortable there. When booking, I paid more to include breakfast. When we had breakfast the waitress gave us a bill for $24.00............. when I told her they said "complimentary breakfast" with that room rate, she said they only give a $5.00 credit toward the price of breakfast. We chose the buffet and I can tell you this, it certainly was not worth $10.95 each. Other than hot cereal, there was very little left. A few dried up eggs , scraps of bacon, & dried out potatoes. The only thing left was French Toast and it was very good.
Other trip Jul 3, 2014
Sandi
We stayed here for one night while visiting Michigan's Adventure. The hotel is located near the harbor which is nice. The hotel is nothing fancy but is clean and comfortable with a very nice staff.
Other trip Jul 2, 2014
Karli
"Clean hotel"
Hotel was very pretty and clean. Room was spacious and very clean. Enjoyed the coffee in lobby and room. Staff were friendly. Would've been nice to have a continental breakfast included with rate. Overall a nice stay in a lovely hotel.
1 night trip Jun 29, 2014
"nice staff, but outdated"
it's a decent hotel. Technically i would rate it a 3.5 but not a 4
1 night trip Jun 27, 2014
"Convenient, but run down"
The hotel was conveniently located to the wedding I was in town for; however, the hotel itself was run down and uninviting. Wall paper was falling off the walls, there were holes in the walls in the hallways, lighting fixtures were missing along the hallways, etc. The staff was nice and the surrounding area had some pretty decent restaurants and bars. The hotel itself just needs some work.
3 night trip Jun 20, 2014
"Down town near Lake Muskegon"
We stayed for one night, things seemed fine at check in. Once in the room, we realize that they gave us a room that had a wheel chair accessible bathroom, we did not ask for it. No bath tub, we can live with that. Next day morning trying to take a shower turned out to be quite an ordeal. The shower head holder was broken, so good luck trying to balance it or trying to prop it in a shower that did not have a bath tub to hold the spraying water. Was a total mess. Front desk lady was very good and gave us around 40% refund and was apologetic. So good points for her, but I expected better service from Holiday Inn.
Other trip May 26, 2014
Rahi
Had problem with door lock. Resolved issue quickly. Gave us dinner voucher.
Other trip May 10, 2014
Everything was great at the hotel, except for the hot tub. It was very scummy and dirty! The room was very clean and the service at the front desk was very good. Travis in the Third Street Grill was excellent!!! We will be back. :)
2 night trip with friends May 2, 2014
"A hotel close to beach and downtown"
We got a room and found it is not cleaned at all. Had to go back and wait inline for 20 mins to get a new room assigned.
Other trip May 5, 2014
"nice hotel for business meeting!"
Nicely designed for parking, dinners and meetings!
Other trip May 4, 2014
carol
"Great!!!"
Couldn't be better....
2 night trip Apr 4, 2014
Abed
"Holiday Inn Downtown Muskegon"
Spent 2 nights here on April 4th & 5th and almost everything was fine. Pillows were not my style, so I would bring my own next time. Also, pool and hot tub were not working. Otherwise a good stay. Breakfast buffet was pretty good. Pretzel balls with jalapeno cheese sauce were off the hook as Guy Fieri would say! Hennessy's Irish bar a couple blocks away was a good find...
2 night trip Apr 4, 2014
Augie874
This hotel is very clean and comfortable. It is well kept up and
Other trip Mar 31, 2014
"Nice hotel in Downtown Muskegon."
Hotel was clean and up to standard. However, there was a slight smell of mold or mildew in the bathroom. The King size bed was one of the most comfortable beds I've ever slept in. The staff was friendly and courteous. During my stay the indoor pool was "out of service", what a bummer.
Other trip Mar 26, 2014
Dennis
There was no tea bags with the coffee condiments. A micro wave would be a nice feature. Room was comfortable and hotel was easy to find.
1 night trip Mar 1, 2014
"Very nice hotel"
I stay here often. The rooms are large and clean. A touch dated but that isn't so important to me. Overall very comfortable and in the heart of downtown.
1 night trip Feb 13, 2014
"pool was closed"
The room was nice but the service and people were terrible. Im likely to never use this holiday inn again
1 night trip Feb 15, 2014
briez231
Nice hotel. In an older section of Muskegon but with good places to eat. Staff was very friendly. Will stay there again when in town.
3 night business trip Jan 14, 2014
"great location, nice parking."
really enjoyed it, will stay there again!
1 night trip Jan 18, 2014
scott w.
It was incrediibe and the staff was terrific.
1 night trip Nov 23, 2013
"In town to visit family"
The hotel was in a good location to visit family members. We had maintenance come into our room 3 times to fix the phone (we didn't know it was broken bc we didnt need the phone, they just showed up to fix it). While they were in the room, I voiced concern that the heater was very loud. He shrugged and said "that's just how it is." None of us got any sleep because whenever the heat kicked on, which was often bc it was 20 degrees outside, a loud banging and ticking noise would continue for the duration the heat was on. Awful!! Needs updating bad.
1 night trip Nov 23, 2013
"Nice hotel overlooking the water"
I can imagine that this is the best spot to be at during the summer months, when I was there late fall, the combination of temperature and the incredible wind off of the lake was quite bone chilling.
Other trip Nov 22, 2013
Pleasantly surprised. Would stay again.
1 night trip Oct 12, 2013
Jen
"Muskegon Holiday Inn"
Nice hotel close to beach. Walking distance to reception hall.
Other trip Oct 7, 2013
"convenient stay after Frauenthal show."
comfortable & convenient