All hotels in Lahaina, Hawaii, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here2780 Kekaa Dr, Lahaina, HI, 96761, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Awesome"
Awesome
1 night romance trip Feb 18, 2015
Earlson-Sean
"One night at Royal Lahaina"
We stayed one night at Royal Lahaina, awaiting our timeshare week at the Westin. We were upgraded to waterfront, a great room with lovely view. Service was very good. We will go back.
Other trip Feb 20, 2015
Rob & Barbara
"Beautiful!"
The hotel was nice enough to upgrade our standard ocean front room to an ocean front suite - it was beautiful! If only it had a cook top and microwave I'd stay forever. Our room was in the tower so I can't say what's available in the cottages - I'm sure you can find it online. Though this is an older resort, the suite was awesome. The bathroom was divine! I didn't see any BBQ's on the property - maybe I missed them. If not, BBQ's would be helpful as staying in the tower for any length of time requires eating out for every meal - unless you're having cereal. Again, check the website - maybe the cottages are equipped for cooking. I'd definitely stay again!
1 night romance trip Feb 14, 2015
"Would come back to stay!"
We feel luck to stay this resort by booking in last minutes. It was affordable, but great resort to stay. Recommended!
2 night family trip Feb 8, 2015
"It is a beautiful hotel with sea view."
We stayed a short time and checked out at 03:00 AM early morning because we went to Haleakala National Park for Sunrise.
Response by Royal Lahaina Resort
Mahalo for he 5-star review! Hope to see you again.
Other trip Feb 17, 2015
my families
"Poor room and parking."
Booked a king and was told only had double beds. After a request for a king, was given one, however it was right above a noisy rooftop air conditioner unit. Parking was poor with a $10/day fee.
Todd
"Beautiful hotel and views"
Went to Maui to spend a little time alone and it was nice to do just that...whether I wanted to sit on the balcony and read or get out and enjoy the area. Ate several meals from room service and all were good, although in such a nice hotel, I was surprised to get salt and pepper packets instead of shakers
"Great place"
The staff are very friendly and helpful. Laid back atmosphere. I would stay here again.
Response by Royal Lahaina Resort
Mahalo nui! Glad you enjoyed it here. Hope to see you again!
"Nice Place to Stay"
Hotel was really good. We stayed in Feb 2015, beach was accessible and close by. Ocean View from the room was really good. Overall we loved it.
Response by Royal Lahaina Resort
Aloha Rakesh. So happy that you were pleased with the resort and your experience. We hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back. Mahalo.
2 night family trip Feb 8, 2015
Rakesh
"Very enjoyable - very friendly - house keeping A+"
Rebecca at the tiki bar was great - housekeeping was always great at cleaning and restocking fresh towels/tea/etc. bell boys always friendly and accommodating! Would definitely come back again!
Response by Royal Lahaina Resort
Aloha Nancy & Doug. Thank you for the positive review. So glad that you found the service especially noteworthy. We hope that you will have an opportunity to return. Mahalo.
Other trip Feb 14, 2015
Nancy & Doug
"Nice hotel close to beach in a beautiful setting."
Comfortable and very enjoyable. Close to many activities we enjoyed. Grounds are beautifully manicured. Rooms are beautiful and very comfortable. Able to easily watch whales from hotel. Hotel restaurant was delicious. Especially enjoyed all the fresh fruit on breakfast buffet.
Response by Royal Lahaina Resort
Aloha. Glad to read that you enjoyed the resort, your room and the restaurant. Also happy that you were here during Whale Season, it is a very special time of year to visit Maui. Mahalo.
Other trip Feb 13, 2015
"Great views & close to beach ."
I loved my stay everyone was very curtious & kind . The beach was close & the views from my room of the ocean were spectacular . The food & drinks were very good also .
Other trip Feb 12, 2015
Big Mike
"Nice hotel but very stingy staff"
They didn't have standard room supplies for us when we asked for it during wee hours of the night. Also the staff was tired and not accommodating
Other trip Feb 11, 2015
"Had a beautiful room with an ocean front balcony"
Enjoyed every aspect of our vacation. We had a car rented for our entire stay on maui and drove all over the island. We love the sound of the ocean and kept our balcony doors open all night. The food was great at every place we ate.
Other trip Feb 11, 2015
"Wonderful view of the whales"
I booked the hotel as a friend was celebrating a milestone birthday. I couldn't have been more comfortable as I had an ocean view with balconies from which I could view the whales whilst relaxing.
Other trip Feb 10, 2015
"Room view outstanding. Free Upgrade"
We were upgraded to ocean view from partial ocean view which was nice. Hotel was very busy and everything upbeat. Quiet rooms and comfortable bed. Lighting in bathroom dim, my husband said hard to see to shave. Room could have been cleaner. Refrigerator not so good...if you open the door the whole thing moves. Convenient location, Outstanding Luau right on premises. Would stay there again!
Other trip Feb 9, 2015
Carole
"Beautiful place to spend a holiday"
Nice hotel on the beach. Restaurant was good. Music at night.
"Great beach."
We stayed at Royal Lahaina for 10 nights. When we first got there, I didn't like the view from our room. We looked down on a roof. I tried to change it but I couldn't. If you sat down, it wasn't a problem so that's what we did! The beach was fantastic . The pool area is small but we always got a chair so it was no problem. We actually were put in a handicap room so I don't know what the other rooms look like. This is a good central location. We traveled around a lot the first 5 days and then spent more time around the hotel. There is a boardwalk by the beach a little way from the Royal Lahaina. You could walk to a grocery store. It's a fairly long walk but pleasant. The room was clean and comfortable. I was a little nervous about not staying in a big name hotel but I was happy we stayed at the Royal Lahaina. The price was good and you got everything you wanted. If you have small children, it wouldn't be great but you can say the same thing about most everywhere in Maui.
Jan
"Great resort but missing some things"
Great beaches, amazing staff....but there are only two pools not three, no coin laundry, the food is horrible for the price and parking is not fun, the parking slots are too small even for a mini cooper! thank goodness they are all rental cars!
ep
"Average for Hawaii."
Rooms are comfortable, most with partial ocean view. Nice beach with easy access. Dining room OK for breakfast but not for dinner. Much better places nearer with larger selections.
Alan
"Just steps from the beach"
Had a good time. Only issue for me was that the bed was too high off the floor, but the service was great!
mary
"Royal Lahaina in January"
Coming to the Royal Lahaina and the resort area of Maui after a 2 day stay in Hana and a 2 day stay Makena was disappointing. Have stayed in Kaanapali 4 times, but never realized how stuffy and overcrowded the area was until properly experiencing other parts of the island. The staff at this hotel was either hit or miss. Front desk was not very helpful. Upon arrival, the person we dealt with was what I would call a slimy salesman type. He pushed hard to get us to upgrade from an "Ocean View" to an "Ocean Front" room. We had to say "no" over 5 times and after he finally accepted that answer, he told us they had no more "Ocean Views" and was going to upgrade us to an "Ocean Front" anyway. I understand the up sell attempt, but he went beyond the normal ask. And then finding that we were getting an upgrade anyhow, just proved he was slimy pushing so hard. The bellhop that took care of us was top notch. He was pleasant and helpful throughout the entire trip even went out of our way to drop him an extra tip when checking-out. The restaurant staff was really good. The house keeping staff was very intrusive. They even asked me questions about some of the souvenirs that I had. And not in a friendly chat way but in an intrusive way. The Lady and young man at the pool stand were never rude to us, but we saw firsthand them being rude to 3 other guests. And the lady there was another slimy sales person very pushy with customers who were looking at products. Parking is horrible.
Fun Travelers
"The beach is beautiful, the staff is amazing"
we had a great stay here - in a cottage and I loved sitting out on the deck with a coffee
Other trip Feb 6, 2015
"Stuck air condition and gum between the sheets"
Had to move rooms do to no help fro the staff to secure the same rooms...willing to pay full price...
"Perfect getaway."
Loved my cottage at the Royal Lahaina. It was quiet and peaceful and the room was perfect!
Response by Royal Lahaina Resort
Aloha. Thank you for the 5-star rating. Mahalo.
3 night trip Jan 31, 2015
Good beach, very generous with the checking out as they provided an hospitality room so we could take a shower before the flight.
Other trip Feb 5, 2015
"Recommendations for this one"
Lovely resort, we enjoyed our stay and our cottage. Great service and this may be a more vintage resort, however it is top notch. I read reviews that reflected the resort had some faults; booked anyway and so happy I did.
Response by Royal Lahaina Resort
Aloha Sherry. Thank you for the positive review. Very happy to read that you were pleased with the resort and your cottage accommodation. we hope that you will return. Mahalo.
7 night trip with friends Jan 22, 2015
Sherry
"Only so so"
Older cabanas are definitely older in need of lots of updating. Hotel tower is only average for a hotel.
Other trip Feb 4, 2015
dick
"High price, poor service"
We were staying with our young baby. We called ahead for a crib & when we arrived late at night the crib wasn't set up. When the pack & play finally came it was broken and had to be sent back. I didn't trust the second pack & play either. Before we arrived we added a night. Upon check-in they said we would NOT have to move on the 4TH night, then when that day came, they called the room and said we had to move with 20minutes notice. After I scurried to pack up, they called 30 minutes later and said we didn't have to move...really frustrating. Rust on bathroom ceiling panel, mold in bathroom Listed as Ocean view, but ocean was only viewable by going out on balcony and looking behind you. Room view was looking at roof and parking lot. Room was 4024. Westin ocean view allowed you to see ocean from the bed & most places in the room. Also no tub...which was a drawback with a small child & lots of beach time. Overall service wasn't good & food wasn't good and expensive. I would not recommend this hotel.
Response by Royal Lahaina Resort
Aloha. Thank you for the review. Sorry to read that we missed the mark for you in several areas. The issues you describe with the pack and play and additional night are certainly not the standard that we like to hold ourselves to and for that I apologize on behalf of the resort . I have forwarded your message on to our Engineering and Housekeeping team so that they can address the issues you mention with your room. I will follow up directly with you and hope that we can regain your confidence for a future visit. Mahalo.
1 night family trip Feb 1, 2015
"Great hotel with a great location on the beach."
Much better hotel than others in the neighborhood - e.g., Sheraton, Westin, etc.
Other trip Feb 1, 2015
Shree
"lovely 4 days in Kaanapali!"
We were in Maui at the Hyatt in September and decided to return for our birthdays and to see the whales! Our (partial) ocean view room was immaculate, very comfortable king bed, linens extra nice and great bath towels. Staff was wonderful on all accounts. Parking was inconvenient, though. Not as many perks as Hyatt, but we came for the whales. And did we see plenty! Lovely reasonable resort....free shuttle to Lahaina Outlets gets you in to town. Nice walk to the Whaler Shops.
Other trip Feb 1, 2015
Robin
"Beautiful, clean resort with excellent restaurants"
Beautiful, Clean, Relaxing Resort. *Excellent* restaurants! Highly recommend.
3 night romance trip Jan 23, 2015
"January 2015 Experience"
Overall we had a good experience. Staff was very helpful and pleasant. Location and grounds were good. Beach was great. Biggest complaint was the difficulty with internet in our room. We struggled during our entire stay. We went to other parts of the grounds and the lobby. However, the internet was important to me because of my work and the struggle tainted our view of our experience. We had one dinner and a couple of breakfasts and the food was good but not outstanding. Service was good. I would recommend staying again. It was a good bargain and overall a good experience.
4 night romance trip Jan 18, 2015
"Right on the beach"
Lots of sand and the pool isn't to far away. Grounds well kept. Ample parking
Other trip Jan 28, 2015
mastachio
"First time at this property"
Overall, a wonderful choice. High marks for the location, views of ocean and mountains, appearance of the room interior, friendliness of on-site staff, including wait-staff in restaurant and bar, guest relations, valet, and front desk---with one exception. The young lady who checked us in delivered poor service---no eye contact, had to repeat answers to questions, didn't see that both of our rooms had been pre-paid, and generally gave the impression that she didn't care whatsoever that we had given her hotel our business. In contrast, when we asked that one of our rooms be changed due to A/C noise, that person knocked herself out trying to make it work--which it did.
Other trip Jan 28, 2015
"Great family vacation spot"
Although this is an older property, it is well maintained and in an excellent location. We enjoyed our stay (12 family members) in cottages where we were able to spend time together on our adjoining patios.
6 night family trip Jan 18, 2015
Grant L.
"Love The Royal Lahaina!"
Royal Lahaina is a great place to stay -- that's why I keep coming back. The hotel staff is friendly and helpful, the rooms are clean and nice. The location (just north of Black Rock) is perfect -- plenty of beautiful beach, but not as crowded as the beach south of Black Rock.
6 night trip Jan 17, 2015
"OK for the price, but not ideal for kids"
We had a cottage room (not a suite), which was fine so long as you don't spend a ton of time in there. My husband & I brought our 9 and 5 year-old with us and it was pretty tiny with 2 double beds. Room was clean but could definitely use some updating as far as paint and carpeting were concerned. As for the resort itself, all of the facilities seemed to be geared towards the retirement community-- most of the guests were much older than us and we felt a little out of place. If we came back to Maui we would book at a different resort that catered more toward families.
Other trip Jan 25, 2015
Lauren
"This is the first bad review I've ever left."
Thought whoever is reading this might find our experience a little interesting... so here we go. I called the resort before booking to see if they had handicap accommodations. I was told "yes" and that they'd put us in an updated unit close to parking and would make a note of it. When we checked in I explained to the lady that I'd called before booking and the content of the conversation. She said, "there's no note" and seemed completely unsympathetic of the situation. She then tried to sell us an upgraded unit for a higher price, but we'd have two double beds and would have to move mid week. We said that wouldn't work. So we were given a unit far away from the parking lot without a handrail of any kind in the bathroom. The place is set up in such a way that you constantly feel obligated to tip. From the minute we pulled up someone was grabbing for our luggage without asking us first if we'd like help with it... so we tipped that guy. Then we were told to move the car before check in or they would gladly valet park it for us. My husband parked the car while we all waited at the front desk for him to come back with his credit card. After checking in, a guy started loading our luggage on a golf cart to take us to our unit... so we tipped him. We were told if we needed a lift to give a call. But, we would have had to tip until we were broke just between the rides to and from parking. One of the staff yelled room service and opened our door while we were in a dead sleep 11:00 pm.
Other trip Jan 25, 2015
"Cant miss stay"
Convenient and comfortable. Everything available on site and dont need to leave if you just want to relax. You can see whales breach for hours from the beach bar and cafe.
Other trip Jan 24, 2015
slayman
"beautiful setting saw dozens and dozens of whales"
I attended a nursing conference there. I had a marvelous time in the pools, beach (so close) and tiki bar. I LOVED the live music each night and the hula dancers each night by the pool. I felt very respected by the staff. My room was spotless, comfortable, large and I LOVED the mini bar area with sink, stools, refrig... I would come back in a heart beat! Thank you so much
Other trip Jan 21, 2015
Luanne
The cottage that we stayed in was somewhat dated, however they seem to be upgrading the others, so it may just be a matter of time before it is updated as well. The llocation is perfect, and the tower is very nice. Drinks can be pricey outside of happy hour, but they were made by a friendly staff and tasted great.
1 night romance trip Jan 16, 2015
"Great value and service"
What's not to like: Beach front location, good value for the price, great service at the hotel from everyone. Quality breakfast at the restaurant, pool, activities, etc. We appreciated the small but really helpful things --- providing a hospitality room (even though it was messy at the end of the day) was great so we could shower before a long flight home, cutting the fruit so beautifully that we brought from the market, etc. The only thing missing is a gym - but if you're just planning to go running or do other activities, this isn't really a big miss and you'll save money and get an excellent value & quality hotel.
1 night family trip Jan 17, 2015
"Wonderful facility, beach, restaurant, staff!"
We stayed four days and were delighted with this hotel and the value it provided. Great location in the middle of Kaanapi beach hotel area. We loved the veranda restaurant ambience and food. The hotel grounds, pools, and beachfront made this a perfect tropical romantic get away spot for us.
Other trip Jan 19, 2015
"AWESOME MAUI"
The Island is paradise the hotel needs an upgrade it is an older property the internet is horrible when you want to Facebook your pictures it is a real nuisance not to be able to have quiet moments on the deck checking in with your peeps left behind. The staff needs some further training housekeeping can't get all the towels in the room at the same time and if you ask the desk any front desk type questions most of them cannot answer. The restaurant staff is much more on their game and the restaurant food quality and service is great the room service is also great. They should have let us know in advance the $10.00 per day parking charge and you have to self park. Not the best hotel I ever stayed in but not the worst but don't miss Maui!
Other trip Jan 18, 2015
KathleenBrookly
"Very nice resort by the beach"
We loved this resort. Everyone from parking the car to the maids treated us like royalty. The name fits them well Royal Lahaina Resort! Clean, great view,great service,beautiful beach!
Other trip Jan 18, 2015
Marvin
"Excellent hotel and the staff was awesome."
This is the fourth time I stayed at this hotel and would not change it. The staff is very responsive and attentive to the guests.
Other trip Jan 16, 2015
"Nice but old."
The Royal Lahaina Resort is in a good location. Right on the beach, and not far from Lahaina. We were in one of the garden cottages, which are rather dated and could use some renovation. The bathroom lighting was atrocious. It was old fluorescent lights like you might find in your garage. We were disappointed that we had to pay $10 per night to park our rental car in parking spaces so narrow that it was a struggle to get in and out of car.
Other trip Jan 15, 2015
Eleanor
"The Best"
The facility with all of its amenities and employees were first class and made my stay very enjoyable. One of the best hotels I have stayed at whether it be for business or vacation.
5 night trip Jan 7, 2015
Norman
"Excellent hotel at a affordable price"
We stayed in this hotel with my wife and 2 kids during four days. We have no complaints, the staff was friendly, room over our expectations and the facilities are excellent. The luau was also great.
Other trip Jan 13, 2015