All hotels in Lahaina, Hawaii, United States of America
2780 Kekaa Dr, Lahaina, HI, 96761, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Great hotel and poor internet connection"
The hotel and location is great. But for a very expensive beach resort hotel I'd imagine their internet speed to be at least average and it was really slow and hard to connect and stay connected.
7 night family trip Aug 19, 2015
Felipe
This hotel was nice as long as you stay in the tower. There was a mix up with the hotel with our booking and we had to stay in one of the outlying bungalows for one night. It was extremely dated, the air conditioning didn't work, nor did the phone. However, the hotel manager did upgrade our room for the rest of our stay and it was very nice. The view was fantastic from our balcony. The food, drinks and dining servers were all excellent. The only other complaint is that the pools were very underwhelming. The main one felt like it had just been plopped down in front of the restaurant because that's where there was space to do so. However, the beach is a mere couple of feet away and was definitely more alluring. This was the best beach of our holiday. Perfect temperature and very calm with a beautiful view.
Other trip Aug 26, 2015
"One of the best beach hotels in Maui"
This is a great hotel with a more authentic Hawaiian vibe than most and one of the best beaches on the island. It's also kind of old school and quiet compared to some of the bigger, newer resorts. Pools are simple and small. The resultant is good and there's a more casual place, Castaways, in the complex next door which is very good. Don't bother to valet, they were extremely slow and didn't answer the phone half the time. Self parking is very one anyway. One of the best luau's is right there on the property.
Other trip Aug 25, 2015
johnny birks
We stayed in one of the cottages and there were ants in the bathroom at all times. However, the resort location was ideal and the beach fabulous.
7 night family trip Aug 12, 2015
nora
"A place like home or better."
It was surprisingly huge, two bedrooms, a kitchen, ocean view. It was enjoyable staying in there.
1 night romance trip Jul 29, 2015
"Wonderful Resort!"
Royal Lahaina Resort was wonderful! Right on the beach with a pool. The staff was great! Everyone friendly and helpful. We stayed in the tower on the 11th floor. The views were spectacular! Attended Myths of Maui Luau right on property, the entertainment was incredible the Mai tais perfect with an easy walk back to our room.
Other trip Aug 23, 2015
"Oceanfront"
You have to pay for $10 parking per day. We stayed in a old cottage. The room was cleaned daiky but not well. The bedding was never changed. A lot of bugs and I killed a medium sized cockroach in our room by the bathroom. They have no microwaves in their room so We could save left overs or buy food to heat in our room. Staff was okay but we always had to tip. Not the friendliest but they did their job. The view is amazing though.
Other trip Aug 21, 2015
bonnie
"Nice location with a happy hour at the hotel"
Enjoyed our stay and would stay there again. It was a perfect location to see v the evening sunset from the bar or the beach area in front of the hotel
Other trip Aug 19, 2015
Cheryl
"Nice land scap, beautiful beach!"
All was good except the room was old and had a musty smell. The service was slow! By the grounds and the beach was beautiful . If you go make sure you ask about a newer room. They are renovating .
Other trip Aug 19, 2015
"Clean, Friendly, Nice Views, Awesome Beach!"
We stayed at the Royal Lahaina for our honeymoon and it was perfect! Right on Kaanapali beach which is the best beach in Maui - just walk right out and take a swim or enjoy the sunset. You can rent chairs/cabanas but we never needed them. Free towels, just grab a couple and lie out on the beach. Hotel staff were very friendly. Room was cleaned daily. They took very good care of us, ensured we had a nice view since it was our honeymoon (booked a partial ocean view - got a nice partial ocean view overlooking the golf course with the ocean in the background, up on the top floor - best views up there). Bed was comfortable, bathroom was nice. A couple minor spots in the bathroom that could use repair at some point (some mildew on the ceiling) but nothing enough to complain about. Best priced resort in the area - it was nice and clean, comfortable, and perfect for what we wanted - a nice place to stay and relax after touring around the island all day. Parking was fine, we parked ourselves and while it is a bit of a walk it is not as bad as others have posted. You can always get a spot and if you're concerned about getting door-dinged (spots are a bit small) you can park in the extra lot in the back. More walking = good after all the amazing food you'll be eating on the island. Not sure what's up with the few negative reviews, but I can honestly say we had an incredible honeymoon and a very lovely stay at this resort, and will definitely book here again next time!
Other trip Aug 18, 2015
Erika
"Expensive retreat not relaxing."
Two items were stolen from my room while I stayed there. The air conditioning did not cool my room. The staff were not friendly after I reported my items stolen. The pool minimum depth was 3 feet, so it was not good for children smaller than that who can not swim.
Other trip Aug 18, 2015
Kent
"Relaxing and calm"
I loved this part of Kaanapali beach. Nice and calm and relaxing...
Other trip Aug 17, 2015
angie
"Royal Lahaina lovelyness"
A beautiful hotel all around- the grounds were lovely- birds included- they tended to be very friendly in the outdoor seating area- but if managed properly = they were fine- the grounds were extremely clean and clear of litter- our view was a little "less" than pleasing- looking out onto the roof of another building - and a huge paint cleaning machine out below our window- but we did not "upgrade" our room as very little time was spent in room - so we didn't expect a gorgeous view- the staff was amazingly helpful- from maintenance folks to check-in personnel to our room attendants- all extremely polite and friendly and always an "Aloha" to you..
Other trip Aug 10, 2015
Beth
"Great location right on the beach"
The beach was great, not crowded, within walking distance of a small shopping center with all the conveniences needed. Hotel room was clean, great ocean view. Hotel luau was as well run as any large event I have ever attended. Happy hour food and drink at the pool bar by the beach ran from 2pm-6pm...can't beat that. Pool / beach staff was friendly and very accommodating.
Other trip Aug 10, 2015
Trone
Hotel staff personnel where always kind and accommodating .
Other trip Aug 9, 2015
"Great hotel with awesome views!!"
We had a partial ocean view and our view was still amazing with the mountains and ocean. It was a great hotel to spend our honeymoon at!
Other trip Aug 9, 2015
"Cottages give you personal space"
The one we stayed in was outdated BUT provided our family of 5 with personal space and allowed us to cook most of our meals and sit out on back lanai and enjoy time with one another while we ate! The staff gave excellent service and we had fun swimming in warm beach and warm pools afterwards!
Stacy
"Family Vacation with 2 Young Adults"
This was a celebration for our family; 25 year anniversary, one graduation from college & one high school. The hotel was very nice and clean. We really liked our room with the very large walk in shower and the large room. My only complaints would be the following: we arrived at 9:00 from our stay on Kauai and our room was not ready until 4:00. They held our suitcases at the hotel and we drove next door to the so pping village (they do provide a free shuttle I believe) and ate lunch at Hula Girl (great place and good food).When we returned, there were about 20 people waiting to check in and approximately 50 suitcases in the entry with MANY people waiting for their rooms to be ready. Luckily, our rooms were ready, however, they gave my adult son and daughter a king bed. Needless to say, they do NOT want to sleep together plus I had requested and paid for 2 doubles when I booked the hotel 4 months ago. I called the front desk and the young man on the phone was not very accommodating, simply repeating over and over, "We cannot guarantee what you reserved". He mumbled maybe they could move tomorrow & he put me on hold. After about 5 minutes a lady picked up the phone. She was much nicer and more accommodating and moved the kids to the double bed the next day. The waitress we had at the restaurant (female from Argentina) was pretty bad -never refilled our drinks during dinner & then asked us to take our after dinner coffee to go (we didn't).
Other trip Jul 31, 2015
TK
"My home while in Maui!"
For me, the BEST resort on Maui. Yes, it's older, yes, it's smaller. Everything thing else about this place is over the top great!! Especially the staff, from the housekeepers to the Presdent of the company Tom whom I have met are great, friendly,helpful people who are glad you are there. Our daughter was married At Royal Lahania last week, I put my full trust in them to make that occasion what we all want our daughters wedding to be and they did not disappoint.
Other trip Jul 28, 2015
"Avoid old cottages!"
We were in a cottage. It was much older than the main hotel, which is beautiful. Our first room had an issue with the bath plumbing. The tub would not drain after a shower, we contacted the front desk and they sent a plumber who attempted to fix it but was unsuccessful and left a mess. We requested another room and were moved to another old cottage, this one smelling strongly of mold. The room was damp and had some trash still in it. We finally settled into our 3rd attempt at a room, an ocean view cottage in good condition, at 12:30am. Since we planned on watching the sunrise from the crater we had to wake up 2 hours later to begin that trek. The hotel did not compensate us for any of this hassle, nor did management apologize to us. The location is beautiful as is the lobby, beach and rooms in the main hotel (we were traveling with family staying in there). It is a poor reflection on the hotel to offer rooms such as these old cottage rooms in poor upkeep.
1 night family trip Jul 20, 2015
"Nice hotel right on beach."
Staff was extremely helpful. Our bag did not arrive as American Airlines didn't get it transfered to our Hawaii flight. It arrived at midnight and the staff made sure we received it as soon as it arrived. Very professional and understanding with my concerns. Loved every minute.
Other trip Jul 24, 2015
Marjorie
"MAUI"
EVERYTHING WAS GREAT. THE STAFF WAS VERY FRIENDLY. WE STAYED IN ONE OF THE COTTAGES AND IT WAS JUST RIGHT FOR WHAT WE NEEDED. WE WERE ONLY STEPS AWAY FROM THE OCEAN AND BECAUSE OF THE SIZE OF OUR COTTAGE WE WERE ABLE TO HAVE THE REST OF THE FAMILY OVER FOR A GAME NIGHT AFTER A WEDDING. I WOULD RECOMMEND THE RENOVATED ROOMS AS I READ SOME BAD REVIEWS ABOUT THE OLDER MODELS.
6 night family trip Jul 9, 2015
Bryan
"It's hotel living. Good for a short stay."
There is nothing but a tiny refer and coffee pot, with terrible coffee to boot. Cleaning staff was excellent, very friendly and considerate.
Response by Royal Lahaina Resort
Mahalo Gloria! We appreciate the feedback, and will check on the in-room coffee. We also have a great coffee shop with delicious made-to-order specialty drinks in addition to a full service restaurant & bar open early everyday. Hope to see you again! Aloha.
Other trip Jul 17, 2015
Gloria
"Vacation night before checking into our condo."
Desperately needs updating in rooms/bathrooms. Our toilet leaked, air conditioning was not working well. No lamp in the room worked.
Other trip Jul 13, 2015
"Nice hotel but could have been better"
The hotel was nice but the experience could have been much better. Room was not ready at check-in and the staff seemed unfriendly. We were only staying 1 night here as we arrived in Hawaii earlier than expected (was flying standby) and unfortunately got a room with a noisy toilet. Shutting the water valve off kept it quiet for the night. We could have moved rooms but this solved the noise issue and we were only staying 1 night.
1 night romance trip Jun 26, 2015
Jaimee
"Noisy hotel right next to the beach"
Don't book this hotel very noisy and the fourth day of our stay the construction workers started work on the balcony in the next room. Couldn't use the balcony for the next 3 days because of debris falling on the deck. Hated it.
Response by Royal Lahaina Resort
Aloha & thank you for the feedback. We are very sorry you hated it. The painting work being done on the exterior of the building shouldn't have caused much noise or debris to fall on your balcony. We try to minimize any inconvenience while we make these necessary updates to the property & building, we will make sure everyone know this. Mahalo.
Other trip Jul 13, 2015
"Nice cottage rooms great beach access"
Good location, close to whalers village and good beach access. WiFi is absolutely horrible!! U will not be able to do any looking for activities or directions through your own wifi..almost impossible to hook up. Pools were ok, disappointed that they didn't have chairs/lounge chairs out on the beach like many other hotels. They will nickel and dime you to death: additional parking fee, fees for use of sun umbrella or beach chairs (other hotels offer for free and u only pay for cabanas). No poolside service. Once we received a menu for poolside snacks... but no one ever came back to take our order.. took a while before we finally found that we were supposed to order ourselves at the activity shack rental hut (last place I would have looked for food!) Only one person working the other poolside bar and they were often MIA- getting ice or other items. Couldn't order food from poolside bar either so found yourself going from one place to another to get food and drinks. On the positive, room was nice, clean and I loved being in a cottage instead of the big hotel. Room service was really good/fast and not any more expensive then going into the restaurant. Nice personal patios outside of your room. Expedia was onsite to book our activities and they were wonderful.
Other trip Jul 9, 2015
Sandy
"Resort okay but not worth the price."
I thought I had pre-paid for everything before arrive. Guess what! Hidden charges! You have to pay $10.00 a day to park your rental car. More $$$ if you want them to park the car for you. They have a Luaa every night. Guess What! Parking gets so full that I have to park my car way at the top and walk all the way down to the resort. They should set aside parking for the events and have regular parking for people who stay at the resort. The Luaa itself was fine but overcrowded in such a small area. The waiting time to get the food was extremely long. The view of the ocean is nice. The performers are really awesome. The swimming pools is a lot smaller than it looks in the picture. It was nice to be close to the beach. However, don't bother using their towels. You can borrow them but must use your card to get them. If they see a towel left out for more than an hour. They will take it. You will get charge for the missing towel even if they took it.
Other trip Jul 6, 2015
Kris
Enjoyed staying in one of the cottages and having our own patio! WONDERFUL beach area!!
Other trip Jul 4, 2015
"hotel steps away from nice beach"
This was the second time I've stayed at the Royal Lahaina. I also had my wedding at the resort. I had a fantastic time. My wedding coordinator did a wonderful job. She communicated with me regularly about every detail. Loved it all. I will stay at this location again.
Merced
"Nice hotel close to the beach."
Room was clean and comfortable. Cottages need some updating but good facilities overall.
Other trip Jul 4, 2015
"Beautiful hotel and beach"
Very nice room. Staff was pleasant and responsive. Beautiful beach right outside. Expensive resort, but gorgeous.
1 night romance trip Jun 26, 2015
Erin
I didn't get the room I had paid for, but was compensated with 5 luau tickets. Made us happy, really nice people working there.
Other trip Jul 1, 2015
Great location and beach. We could easily walk to restaurants and also easily walk to very good snorkeling areas.
Other trip Jun 30, 2015
"Great hotel, resort, staff & beach"
We read reviews b4 going and they weren't the best but to our surprise we found them all false. We had excellent service from the hotel from the 1st moment we arrived. Check-in was easy ( part of the credit goes to Expedia ). They serviced our room that was very clean and was kept that way during our whole stay. Fresh towels and room freshened every evening. Parking with valet service for $5.00 a day extra was great. The trolley was great too but a car made us more flexible to get around. We were close to Front St where there was good eating and shopping. The Luau which was right next to the hotel was very good and we made arrangements right in the hotel and got excellent seating. We can't say enough good things about this place.
Other trip Jun 28, 2015
"Great view"
Excellent hotel location next to beach. Good beds, reasonably clean. Room was small for longer stays. Nice balconies.
1 night family trip Jun 19, 2015
david
We enjoyed hotel, staff, bar, dining room , pool , beach!! Everyone was so helpful housekeeping was fast and so efficient!! We had a great time ! We would come back again for sure!!
7 night trip with friends May 30, 2015
Susan M
WONDERFUL, can't wait to go back
4 night romance trip Jun 18, 2015
Pamela
"Awesome Experience, but..."
This was a very relaxing and enjoyable experience. I would highly recommend this resort to anyone.
Other trip Jun 24, 2015
"Beautiful view and great amenities"
The view was amazing and the staff was very helpful. There's a walking path that gets you to most spots but the bus or shuttle will get you everywhere else.
Other trip Jun 23, 2015
mary
"Beautiful location!"
Hotel was a bit dated, but location ales the resort. Had some issues having our room on a regular cleaning schedule; however, once we communicated with the staff, problem was resolved and we had excellent service. Very kid friendly, with many options such as luau, barre classes, and beach access. Loved our vacation here!
Gloria
"Wedding Aniversary"
Nice hotel, great and friendly staff. Awesome and comfortable room with great view. Close to beach, mall, restaurants and Lahaina town. We had a wonderful experience with this hotel and our stay in Maui!
Response by Royal Lahaina Resort
Mahalo - Glad you had a wonderful experience here at the Royal Lahaina. Hope to see you again. Aloha!
Big O
"Awesome beach!"
It was a great hotel my only complaint was it tended to be pretty loud
Response by Royal Lahaina Resort
Mahalo for the review & feedback. A hui hou!
Other trip Jun 22, 2015
This hotel is over rated. Stayed in the cottages and they were very out dated. The AC was a little window air conditioner and could not keep the room cool. Shower tiles were chipped.
Response by Royal Lahaina Resort
Aloha & thank you for the feedback. Sorry to hear the cottage room was not to your liking. We are currently updating the original cottages with brand new interior decor (including the air-conditioning and new modern bathrooms). Hope you can experience the new cottage rooms next time. Mahalo nui!
Other trip Jun 20, 2015
"My favorite on Maui!"
I've traveled to Maui for vacation 6 times now in June. I've stayed at the Royal Lahaina each stay. I simply would not stay anywhere else! The Royal Lahaina is located on the quiet side of Black Rock reef, so away from the hustle and bustle of the other resorts. The grounds are beautiful. My room is always clean and gorgeous with a wonderful view of Kaanapali Beach. It's a relatively quiet resort, more for the romantic at heart. Kaanapali Beach is the perfect beach for vacation with beautiful white sand beaches, a reef right outside of the resort for snorkeling, and equipment rental for fun in the sun activities. I love staying at the Royal Lahaina and can't wait to return in February!
Other trip Jun 19, 2015
"very old."
room are very old, bathtub water not draining , 100% humidity , air conditioning was like a fan , a lot of roaches , if you do not ask for shampoo and soap, not received at all , the staff was nice.
Other trip Jun 19, 2015
Odalys
"Right hotel for the money."
Everything was great except parking. Even when you can find spot, they are all REALLY small, so you barely have room to open the car doors. Other than the fact that every nite was a challenge to find a spot to park, I loved staying there. The grounds are lovely, the food is great, the views obviously are great!
Response by Royal Lahaina Resort
Mahalo for the 4-star review! Glad you found almost everything great. Yes, the parking is tight and we apologize for the frustration. We do offer 24-hour valet parking service for those who find it more convenient, and we’re always happy to assist anyone in finding a stall for their vehicle. Aloha!
Other trip Jun 18, 2015
Marilyn
Great views, very nice and clean beach. Only wish the bar was open longer.
Response by Royal Lahaina Resort
Mahalo for the review! We'll be sure to share your wishes with the bar managers. A hui hou!
Other trip Jun 17, 2015
"Great Honeymoon Spot"
Was there for my honeymoon and loved this resort. A little older and not quite as swanky as some of the other more expensive resorts nearby or on the south side but the grounds and beach were awesome, and the staff was extremely friendly. For the price it was extremely nice though. Only complaint is the pools are both tiny for how many guests are there, especially because surf was high when we were there with red flag warnings, so many people were trying to stuff into two residential sized pools. The good news is you are pretty centrally located in Kaanapali so you can walk to a neighboring beach or resort easily. This resort didn't have a spa, so we took a nice 5 minute walk down the beach to go to the Black Rock spa at the Sheraton. Love the area, quick drive to Lahaina or up to any west side beaches. Overall I thought the hotel was very nice and it met all my expectations.
5 night romance trip May 31, 2015
Adam
"Right on the beach, great view"
What a great place to stay the view was fantastic the staff was excellent and the food was even better. I would definitely come back and stay here. They had a great relaxing family atmosphere.
Response by Royal Lahaina Resort
Awesome! So glad you enjoyed your stay here at the Royal Lahaina. We're truly happy and thankful to hear when our guests feel relaxed as a member of our extended 'ohana. Mahalo nui!
Other trip Jun 16, 2015