All hotels in Wausau, Wisconsin, United States of America
1910 Stewart Ave, Wausau, WI, 54401, United States of America, ‏Hotels.com Expert: ‎855-238-1593

"Basic Hotel"
I was traveling with three 14 year old boy hockey players. My request for a hotel was that it be priced moderately and that it had an indoor pool. The hotel met those two expectations for a basic hotel. I have not stayed in a basic hotel in a while. I was surprised with how small the rooms felt and how tiny a double bed is for two people. Because the beds were tiny, one of the boys slept in the tub during part of the night. I thought La Quinta would be comparable to a Hampton Inn or a Comfort Suites. It was not comparable.
Other trip Jan 13, 2014
Joel
"SKI TRIP OVERNIGHTER"
FOR WHAT WE PAID, THIS WAS A GOOD HOTEL. ROOM WAS CLEAN AND LARGE FOR ALL OF THE SKI EQUIPMENT. FREE BREAKFAST ALWAYS A PLUS. POOL AREA CLEAN AND NOT TOO ROWDY. WILL STAY AGAIN.
Other trip Jan 6, 2014
THORS MOMMA
"Cigarette smell"
When we checked in our room smelled like a ashtray. I called the office, theye went out of their way to take care of us. They set off a oader bomb and the room smelled fresh after that. Randy Pattee
Other trip Dec 23, 2013
"Room was what I expected at a good rate !!"
Being a older retired person everything was great !! Bathroom could have been 6 inches wider by the commode !!
1 night trip Dec 14, 2013
UNCLEBUCK
"One night"
Everything was great
Other trip Dec 8, 2013
Nea;
"Not Impressed"
I was disappointed in the loud guests at 3 AM and the housekeeping needed more attention. There was plenty of dust and debris on the carpets and a dirty sink. Otherwise, the bed was comfy and I appreciated a noon check-out.
Other trip Nov 24, 2013
"nice clean hotel . Perfect for our short stay"
close walking distance to restaurants. quiet, and relaxing
Other trip Nov 18, 2013
"Reasonable and nice."
The hotel was reasonable and in a good area. Room was clean.
2 night trip Nov 11, 2013
"Nice hotel close to where we needed to go."
The staff was very friendly. The room was nice and clean, but the halls were dirty and need to be cleaned. They have a nice breakfast and the hot tub and pool were great.
Other trip Nov 13, 2013
Bathroom was dirty. There was hair among other things in shower. The water in the shower did not work. It was quickly fixed after a call to the front desk.
1 night business trip Nov 4, 2013
TW
"Weekend with the kids."
Nothing bad about this hotel. Nice place to stay when we visit our son, daughter-in-law and grandson.
Other trip Oct 26, 2013
"Great stay close to conference center"
Door would not unlock but host quickly assigned us another room. Great service
1 night business trip Oct 16, 2013
"Nice hotel close to many restaurants"
it was a good value for a quick stop. We arrived late and left early and everything was good and ready for us.
Other trip Oct 22, 2013
"very nice"
La Quinata was very clean neat and spacious..seevice was great and had no issues at all.
1 night trip Oct 18, 2013
"Hotel with pool and continental breakfast"
I feel bathroom was not clean. Hotel staff OK, not overly out of there way to meet our needs.
Other trip Oct 19, 2013
"Dirty room-"
This the second time staying here. The first time the bathroom wasn't the cleanest but we dealt with it. This time the bathroom was gross. Hair in the tub, shower walls and floor. Yellow around the base of the toilet. There was dirt on the wall heating unit and paper garbage under the desk area. I got a bad feeling at that point so I slept on top of the bedspread and left in the morning w/o using the shower. Not worth saving the money for this hotel. i left and stayed at another hotel in the area for about the same price and my room was big...and very clean!
1 night trip Sep 30, 2013
"Very nice, would definitely stay here again."
In the future whenever I stay in Wausau for work, I will stay here.
1 night business trip Sep 19, 2013
Traveling Salesman
"Nice Place to Stay"
Comfortable, clean, very pleasant helpful staff. Good breakfast. Eggs, waffles, muffins, bagels and toast, cereal etc. McDonalds next door is handy.
Other trip Sep 16, 2013
"Nice room, would recommend."
Nice room, rude front desk woman.
1 night business trip Sep 4, 2013
Traveling Salesman
"Room not ready"
I gave this hotel a 2 overall because we had a very difficult time checking in to get our room. We arrived to the hotel at 6pm to check in and our room wasn't ready. I was obviously not happy because their check-in time is 3pm, and because I had called ahead to double check when we could check-in to our room and the hostess said "3pm." We ended up having to wait almost 45 min for our room to be finished being cleaned, and then come to find out, they put us right next to the ice machine. When we were checking in the staff was rude, and poorly organized. While we were waiting for our room I gave her my credit card so we could get the paperwork finished. The hostess took my card, set it on the counter for other guests to see, and proceeded to help other guests with my credit card and personal information in full view. I had to step in and take my information and credit card from her while I was ignored and other guests were attended too. The staff has no knowledge of the information listed on Hotels.com for their hotel, does not know how to properly handle customers' personal information, is rude and unprofessional and is unable to have rooms ready in time for their listed check-in. There are other hotels in this area, I would suggest picking another.
2 night business trip Sep 6, 2013
"Wausau Comfort"
This is the 3rd year we have booked this motel to do the annual craft show. The staff is great. It is convenient with several places to eat nearby. They also have a very nice pool & hot tub area. Thier breakfast area is serviced by the same pleasant lady who does a wonderful job. There are other choices in the area, but we like what we have found. We plan on booking there again next year.
2 night business trip Sep 6, 2013
LK
"Very nice hotel that accommodates pets!"
The hotel accommodates pets and by far it was cleaner and presented better than most hotels I have encountered for the money. I would definitely stay there again!
Other trip Sep 3, 2013
"'THE' PORT IN THE STORM................"
Pleaseed to find the Hotel so very convenient to where i needed to BE!
1 night trip Aug 30, 2013
"great location and pet friendly"
nice stay - very convenient with a pet!
3 night business trip Aug 18, 2013
sarah
"Convenient location to our destinations"
A modest motel that was well maintained and clean. The complimentary breakfast was standard fare but nice. We had some issues getting our room key to work properly, but staff worked diligently to resolve the problem.
1 night family trip Aug 18, 2013
"Better options out there"
Cleanliness and condition of the hotel was less than expected. Continental breakfast was minimal at best. I will look for other options the next time I am in Wausau.
Other trip Aug 22, 2013
Aaron
"Just Fine"
Not a lot to say. Its convenient, clean and reasonable priced.
Other trip Aug 15, 2013
Alan
One of the days my room was not cleaned or was my bed made.
3 night business trip Aug 5, 2013
"One quick overnight"
Stayed one night. They were packed with event going on in town. Even so, the staff was very friendly and the dog was not an extra charge!
Other trip Aug 9, 2013
"Very nice for the cost."
We came late and left early; didn't even get to see the pool.
Other trip Aug 8, 2013
Cindy & Mark
"Great stay for the price"
The person at the front desk was extremely helpful,knowledgeable and efficient when we checked in. The room was standard, everything worked as it should have. The pool was small but the area was well stocked and relaxing. The breakfast attendant went above and beyond to be helpful and efficient. It was self serve and make your own waffles yet I watched her help each person that came into the breakfast room. Only wish there had been a refrigerator in our room.
1 night trip Aug 1, 2013
"My stay at the Wausau LaQuinta Inn"
I would sy for the most pat I liked my stay at this hotel. Just a few things though. I had much luggage to bring to my room on the second floor with no elevator available. That was a little stressful. The room was very clean and the bed was great. That said I have never seen such a small bathroom in any stay at any hotel .... EVER. I would liken the it to a closet almost. it was wide enough to have a toilet next to the tub but nothing more, and to get to that depth of the bathroom you had to go through an area I would guess to be no wider than three feet. Very akward. Aside of the bathroom and the stairs it was a nice hotel.
1 night business trip Jul 18, 2013
Greg
"Nice Visit - Good Overall"
Older hotel but good overall other than one significant cleanliness issue. Did not have time in the visit to enjoy the amenties (pool, breakfast). Problem - hotel shower had not been cleaned. Lumps of hair conditioner in shower.
1 night trip with friends Jul 10, 2013
"Hotel stay in Wausau"
I would say the staff could have been a tad friendlier....
Other trip Jul 15, 2013
DJ
"hotel in wausau,wi"
the hotel was fine, room very clean but the shower head needs work. I could not use it as it sprayed straight at the back wall and if you are not over 6 feet it hit you right in the head all the time. If they fixed the shower the stay would have been great.
Other trip Jul 14, 2013
sue
Excellent value. One small inconvenience--no fan in bathroom.
1 night trip Jul 8, 2013
It was good but the toilet was clogged and no one came but when we got back it was fixed for the day!
2 night family trip Jun 28, 2013
La Quitnta
"Pleasant Stay"
My room was clean and quite roomy. Bed was very comfortable. Good variety of continental breakfast.
1 night trip Jun 13, 2013
found hair in sink and bathtub.
1 night trip Jun 8, 2013
joan
"A simple stay a long way from home."
The two story building had no elevator(built in the Seventies.) My reserved room was on the second floor but a simple request moved me to the first. The staff was friendly and helpful. I'd stay there again.
Other trip Jun 12, 2013
Albert
"Good Stay and Recommend for other people"
Good
1 night trip May 4, 2013
Seng
"Quite Nice"
Would stay there again. Good value.
1 night trip Apr 28, 2013
"Great stay for the price"
Perfect fit - one night heading west - clean, comfortable, quiet. Staff friendly and helpful. Would def stay at a Quinta Inn again.
1 night trip May 1, 2013
"not too impressed"
I wasn't that impressed with my stay. In the rooms there was no microwave, refrigerator, garbage bags for the cans, and the bed was not comfortable at all.
1 night romance trip Mar 30, 2013
Megan
"Very nice hotel"
Enjoyed our stay and would return. We also like the convient location.
Other trip Mar 24, 2013
Darlene
"DISAPPOINTED"
upon check in there were two staff members folding towels on the counter in the area where they serve food!! Right out in the open. Then we had a cart that the hotel provides full of stuff because we were visiting a sick friend in the area and I didn't want things left in the car.The girl at the front desk WHO ASSIGNED OUR SECOND FLOOR ROOM is just watching us load the cart, roll it past her and the "folders" and then when we were looking and saying out loud where is the elevator she casually says there is not an elevator!yea, there are stairs straight through the door there she says...okay this will work going up a flight of stairs.We travel enough I have NEVER stayed in a HOTEL where there is not an elevator.THIS started our trip to LAQUINTA ICK LAND.It is the noisest hotel I think I have ever stayed in, no one at the front desk to complain to and the guys and girls who were loud were very young. PUT THEM ON THE FIRST FLOOR NEAR THE FRONT DESK!! You don't have to sleep at night the guests do.Forget breakfast there is not enough food to feed the guests oh and the guests who brought their friends with them from the bar! NEVER EVER EVER AGAIN. I have given LAQUINTA and EXPEDIA 5 chances. NO MORE!! I will got KAYAK OR PRICELINE from now on....................you don't deserve my hard earned money and you don't care. We tried to tell you but you don't care! BYE!!
Other trip Mar 4, 2013
"Close to a lot of great resturaunts"
My boyfriend and I just loved it. Our room was nice it was clean and comfortable. We had a wonderful time. It was very relaxing and nice and quiet. That was our perfect get a way.
2 night romance trip Feb 15, 2013
Convenient to ski resorts and surrounding community offerings. Good value, including the breakfast.
2 night trip Feb 16, 2013
Room, setting and complimentary breakfast fine. Personal inconvience is no elevator to second floor and for senior guest w/physical limits it is very hard to carry luggage, etc up the stairs. No offer given for handicap needs.
2 night trip Feb 15, 2013
Roger s
"not staying their anymore"
door in the back would not open with swipe of card. I was warned it was a little touchy. Than I suggest it gets fixed rather than continuing to annoy guests by forcing them to walk or drive all the way back around the hotel again. Night clerk had already done his audit, so it was a "Big Hassle" for me to check in late I guess. I'll try to rearrange my schedule next time so I don't inconvenience him.
1 night business trip Feb 8, 2013