All hotels in Rochester, New York, United States of America

Breakfast is average
    Room is all right
    Regular internet service
    Bad amenities
"This hotel is a good value for the money."
I stay at the hotel almost every time I'm on business in Rochester. Always consistent and a good value for the money. Located in a great section of town
Other trip Apr 3, 2015
"great hotel"
We met friends there to attend a concert and the location was very convenient for concert, art gallery and Eastman House.The art gallery is well worth a visit.
Other trip Mar 9, 2015
"Cool Place"
Odd layout but newly renovated and clean. Room was a bit on the small side but updated and comfortable. Close to tons of restaurants and bars. Will definitely stay there again.
Other trip Feb 27, 2015
Convenient to visit schools. Recently renovated but still showing a little wear and tear.
2 night family trip Feb 19, 2015
"Good hotel, great location"
Very nice hotel. The room was a little small. A hotel of this quality should have a phone charger and or an i-home. The room was very clean and nicely decorated.
Response by The East Avenue Inn & Suites
Thank you for taking a moment to review your stay with us. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed the renovations and decor of the hotel. All of our guest rooms do include an iHome charging dock/alarm clock. If this was missed or missing during your stay, we sincerely apologize.
2 night business trip Jan 30, 2015
Was a nice stay for a weekend business trip. Some of the hallways were very cold had a bit of a snow storm while I was there and they had the parking area nicely plowed but several of the doorways were not shoveled. The breakfast area was very nice and the selection was good.
2 night business trip Jan 30, 2015
"Unique Boutigue Hotel in Rochester, New York"
This was the first time I'd stayed at the East Avenue Inn after having visited Rochester, NY many times over the past decade. The recently remodeled rooms are comfortable and provide guests with free WiFi and parking. Several restaurants and pubs are within short walking distance, one of the most popular grills in the city is only a few steps across the parking lot. Add to that a superb room rate that's considerably less than the name brand hotels in the city. Friendly, helpful staff.
Other trip Jan 26, 2015
It was wonderful. I stay here anytime I'm in town for business.
1 night business trip Jan 20, 2015
"hotel close to venue"
The hotel was close to the venue. However not very many places to eat near by that were open once show was done. Bed was very comfortable. Room was clean, just VERY far from the front desk. Hallways were FREEZING.
Other trip Jan 23, 2015
Nice place, helpful staff, right next to the City Grill and within walking distance of the auditorium Theater.
1 night romance trip Jan 17, 2015
Deirdre
"i would stay here again."
The hotel was very nice, clean and welcoming. I had absolutely no complaints.
1 night romance trip Jan 20, 2015
Christina
It was a very nice hotel and the price was perfect for us and our visit. We would gladly choose this hotel again ins the future.
3 night romance trip Jan 15, 2015
Rachelle
Two full bed room was a step saver. Very small. Only seating was on bed. Other then small size I really liked whole experience.
Other trip Jan 7, 2015
Friendly staff. Stayed in a suite, it was roomy and comfortable. Room was clean. The breakfast is a little basic for the price we spent on the room. Overall pretty good. One block from the East Ave stretch of bars which is convenient.
Other trip Jan 2, 2015
"Wonderful staff but rooms TOO small"
The hotel is clean, the staff is really accommodating, the breakfast is adequate. The only negative is the size of the rooms and the bathroom. The beds were very comfy, but there was little storage place, no desk to speak of and the bathroom was tiny. My friend and I were at a three day conference; we are not big people and we found the room too small for two people although it would be ideal for one person. We did like the 4-cup coffee pot which was new. If the room had been bigger with more space in the bathroom, this rating would probably be a 5.
Response by The East Avenue Inn & Suites
Thanks for taking a moment to let us know about your stay. I'm sorry to hear that we didn't meet your expectations as for the size of the rooms. Often times our guests who are staying for more than a few nights opt for one of our suites for the room since there is more space for multiple people and luggage than our Deluxe rooms, which are fashioned more for the short term business and leisure travellers. Our suites are roomy and comfy with King sized bed, full sized convertible sofa, larger bathroom, kitchenette with microwave and minifridge. I hope you'll keep us in mind and give us another chance in the future.
Other trip Jan 2, 2015
Ginny
"Up and coming hotel"
Headed to Rochester for NYSSMA All State. This hotel is quite nice. Looks like the hotel is in the process of some renovations, but all done very discreetly and the upgraded rooms are modern and comfortable. There are many good restaurants nearby and it is about a 10-15 minute walk to the Convention Center and maybe 10 minutes to the Eastman Theater. The continental breakfast was pretty good, but the coffee was not so good. (There's about 3 or 4 coffee shops in the neighborhood, so if coffee is important head there.) The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. Overall, a good place that I'd likely stay at again.
Response by The East Avenue Inn & Suites
Thanks for taking a moment to let us know how we did during your stay. The East End is a very vibrant area close to all the arts and cultural venues in Rochester. We are very happy that you found us to be conveniently located and chose to stay with us. Our professional and courteous staff aims to make all our guests feel at home while they are away. Now that the slow winter season is here, we hope to get back to work on the rest of the hotel. Hopefully, when you come back for NYSSMA next year, we will be complete. Until then, we hope to see you again soon. Have a safe and Happy New Year!
1 night romance trip Dec 6, 2014
"Downtown Rochester"
small room for four people but comfortable
1 night family trip Nov 28, 2014
"Good place"
Nice proximity to restaurants, bars, and city.
1 night trip with friends Nov 10, 2014
jason
"Good!"
we were going to the strong museum of play and this hotel looked very nice ad was just a short distance from museum. It was very nice. I would stay again
Response by The East Avenue Inn & Suites
So fun - We love the Strong Museum of Play! I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and hope you felt right at home. Please come back and see us again anytime.
1 night family trip Nov 7, 2014
Bryttani
"Nice enough"
Nice place to stay. Clean, quiet and in a great location within walking distance to several restaurants. However it feels li llama e the place was slapped together by a not so great contractor.
Response by The East Avenue Inn & Suites
Thank your for taking a moment to review your stay. We are still in the stages of a very extensive renovation from the previous ownership. The hotel itself is 40 years old. The Inn was reopened in 2012 with 58 finished guest rooms. There are still another 50+ left to finish and are hoping to work on that phase through the slow winter season. Feedback like yours is what we thrive on as it helps us know what to improve on in our next phase of construction. We hope that you'll come back and see us again in the future and see what changes are in the works. Have a safe and happy
1 night business trip Nov 3, 2014
Nydia
"Very rude manager."
Our experience was fine until on the third night of our stay, my wife and I thought we'd go to the affiliated bar for a nightcap. After spending 12 hours in a tux i thought I'd get comfortable. We were informed that although we'd spent hundreds of dollars in their hotel I was not dressed properly in a hoodie and jeans. The manager later exclaimed they were trying to keep out the riff raff and that I should just go change my clothes. Ignoring the obvious insult, we tried to explain that we were not riff raff and that we'd spent hundreds at their hotel and we should be allowed in. This did not work and our whole experience was ruined as we were told we were not good enough for their bar.
Response by The East Avenue Inn & Suites
Thank you for taking a moment to review your stay with us. I'm very sorry that you had the experience with the restaurant staff. As the manager at the hotel, I can assure you that this is not the kind of service that we strive for. I will pass this along to the management staff at the City Grill restaurant as they are a completely different company and entity separate from the East Avenue Inn & Suites. We want to extend the same level of professionalism with both the on-site restaurant and hotel since we share property. I hope that your stay here in the hotel during the wedding and felt at home in ours. Please feel free to come visit us again. Our professional front desk staff will be happy to offer some local restaurants to eat that will not disappoint. Have a safe and happy holiday season.
Other trip Oct 27, 2014
Ben
For an overnight stay for two it was a very nice room and close enough to a lot of places you can just walk to. We stayed there to go to a concert and the walk was only 10 minutes, which was nice we didn't have to drive.
1 night trip with friends Oct 3, 2014
Erika
"A Good Place!"
A pleasant comfortable room. Some noise on one night, but the party broke up early. The "kitchenette" had no equipment--glasses, cups, cutlery, etc, and this seemed to be a problem. Took some negotiation to get set up.
Response by The East Avenue Inn & Suites
Thanks for taking a moment to review our hotel during your stay. I'm glad to hear that our security team was able to nip the party in the bud. We want all our guests to enjoy a restful stay and parties, drugs, and smoking are not tolerated. Unfortunately, without a kitchen with proper dish washing and sanitation equipment within the hotel, we are unable to offer flatware, glassware, and dishes for guest use. I am glad that we were able to borrow from the on-site restaurant for you to use. Your feedback is very important and lets us see where we can improve. I hope you have a safe and happy holiday season.
Other trip Oct 6, 2014
MB
"Avoid this refurbed, third rate motel."
The hotel was a Treadway motel is the past and not any way the boutique on-line claim was misleading. My stay was disappointing: disinterested night front desk; ugly and dark hallways; chipped, dinged doors; musty smell in hallway and room. The morning breakfast was the usual fare in a cheaper motel: instant cereal and no fruit visible.
Response by The East Avenue Inn & Suites
Thank you for taking a moment to review your stay. The East Avenue Inn & Suites was purchased in 2013 and has renovated 58 guest rooms as well as the public areas 2 years ago. We are still working since we have reopened and hope to complete the next phase during the slower winter months. 'm very sorry that we let you down during your stay. Our goal is to make you feel at home while you're away from yours. Our breakfast choices are changing periodically so that we can offer variety. We always have fresh fruit, cereal, donuts from a local bakery, and other standard Continental breakfast fare. Your feedback is very important so that we know where we can improve. I can say that, since your visit in September, many things have changed. I hope you'll give us another chance in the future.
Other trip Sep 22, 2014
RDT
No comments
1 night business trip Aug 31, 2014
Cuauco
"Good for the price."
The AC goes on and off thunderously - wakes you up throughout the night.
Other trip Sep 5, 2014
jim
"Great Renovations, Location, and Staff!"
The East Avenue Inn & Suites was formerly a different hotel that has recently been purchased and has been undergoing renovations. All I can say with regard to the renovations is wow. The owners are taking the time to completely gut each room and fix it up well, without skimping out or cutting corners at all. The bathrooms and desk area have granite countertops, the tile in the shower is beautifully done with great attention to the detail work, the beds are comfortable, and the towels are large and soft - not your typical cheap hotel towels. The bottles of water in the room are a great touch! The complimentary breakfast was great - they had items you can take on the go with you, and also hot breakfast items. The hotel restaurant is very nice and the food was good. My only comment would be that I wish all of the rooms had a microwave and fridge, not just the in suites. Sometimes you don't need a whole kitchenette, but would like to warm and store food. Overall, however, I would say great job to the new owners! You're doing a fantastic job! I have already booked more stays at this hotel since my first time visiting.
Response by The East Avenue Inn & Suites
Thanks or taking some time out of your busy schedule to let us know how we did during your stay. I'm thrilled to see that you loved our renovations. A lot of hard work was put into pulling the property out of the shadows and into the light. Our new owners take pride in making the hotel fit in with the surrounding East End. We want all our guests to feel at home while they are staying with us. Everything is included, so there's no worry about drinking that water. We want you to - it's yours! Please keep in mind, that, due to the limited floor and counter space in the Deluxe rooms, we don't have appliances in them. Our guests can always use the microwave in our breakfast room. We even have a few that are in the hotel and can be easily moved to you. Feel free to ask our professional and courteous staff and we will be happy to help you. Have a safe and Happy New Year. We hope to see you again soon.
2 night business trip Aug 26, 2014
Kristin
"Great hotel next to active night life."
This is a great little hotel right in the middle of the night life! It is part of a great restaurant/bar just across the parking lot. I would definitely recommend this hotel! A small breakfast selection was included in the stay.
Other trip Aug 31, 2014
"Newly renovated"
Entire hotel was newly renovated. Room was small but clean and comfortable. Great neighborhood with lots of restaurants and nightlife
1 night trip Aug 27, 2014
Greg
"Other "Boutique" hotels to consider"
Like the remodel. Like the location. Breakfast offered was good. Staff was very helpful. Because the location also offers parties, weddings, and club events. Parking is free, but not an easy task. Thursday through Friday, valet parking is offered. Which is fine.... If you don't mind a teenager racing your car around the lot. Which I witnessed, alongside my co worker's. Otherwise, clean, affordable and convenient.
Response by The East Avenue Inn & Suites
Thanks for taking a moment to review our hotel. Please note that parking is free and guaranteed to our hotel guests. We share the parking lot with the City Grill, but they only have access to the remaining spots after the hotel guests 1 per occupied rooms are marked. Our guests are given a parking pass to place on their dashboard. It only needs to be shown to the valet team if you are re-entering the lot. The valet is there on the weekends for the restaurant. I hope that you'll keep us in mind for your next visit downtown.
Other trip Aug 25, 2014
"Center of everything."
Great stay, exceptional service, and is close to everything you could want to do out here.
1 night business trip Aug 18, 2014
"Nice to spend the night with my girlfriend alone."
We got to spend the night together without disturb our time together. We did whatever we want to in the room where they gave us. The best night we ever had in our life. We would like to spent 2 week or less to stay in this hotel.
Other trip Aug 15, 2014
noelia
"Great night out"
Stayed here for our wedding anniversary and my birthday. We loved the room. Great location for bars and restaurants.
1 night trip Jul 5, 2014
"Perfect for jazz fest"
Easy location to access the east end restaurants and bars and theaters, etc. spartan room, great TV, all good. Will be back for sure.
1 night trip Jun 28, 2014
Marcus Merriman
"Clean, quiet, comfortable"
Based on previous ratings, I was skeptical about staying here, but very pleasantly surprised. I cannot think of one reason to give it any less than a 4 star rating. Yes, the breakfast could be better, but it was typical of many hotels, and good for a quick morning start. The room was comfortable, very quiet (especially considering it's located downtown), and convenient to the event I attended. Much better value than the hotel I usually stay at. Will definitely stay there again.
1 night business trip Jun 23, 2014
Ken
"Don't stay where you play"
Maybe our expectations were low, but when we stepped into our suite, it was amazing. Very very nice, comfortable, spacious, clean and well worth the money. Our first 24 hours had us thinking, "Nowhere better to stay when in Rochester. We'll be back". Our second 24 hours was completely different. The hotel motto is "Stay Where You Play" and apparently some people take it literally to mean "this is your playground all night long". Our second night was almost completely sleepless with screaming, cussing, banging, and arguing in the hall all night. We would have called the front desk, but we kept drifting off only to be awakened again until almost 4 in the morning. We could not believe SOMEONE would not have noticed and handled it. But, no one did. When we started to check out in the morning, there was already a man at the front desk complaining vigorously to the owner about the prior night. The owner apologized and said that she was not happy with her employee security people of which she had 3 working that night. The man said they could not have been anywhere on site or cared about their work because there was no way they could have missed what was going on. Its a very small hotel. We voiced our agreement and disappointment. The owner offered us both $50 compensation for the night we essentially lost. The man said he was insulted by her offer and expected a full night's refund. She said she'd handle our credit by check, but we have received nothing.
Other trip May 25, 2014
"Very pleasant hotel"
We've stayed here before. There is still some construction going on at the hotel but you can't beat it for being in Rochester and you want to stay downtown. I think this is the best of downtown Rochester.
Response by The East Avenue Inn & Suites
Thank you for once again choosing The East Avenue Inn & Suites! We hope you visit again soon!
1 night trip May 18, 2014
"Decent and comfortable suite."
Upgraded room to a suite. It was worth the price. I had a pleasant experience...worth staying again.
Other trip May 23, 2014
R
"Good Location for Downtown"
The Inn is udpated, spacious and comfortable with flat screen TV, big windows. My only negative comment would be noise in hallways and raging party guests screaming & slamming doors at 2:30 AM Sunday morning. It is close to a major congregation area for young adults on East Ave.
2 night trip May 16, 2014
"Loud!"
The guy who checked us in what a bit dopey. They gave us the wrong room initially (should have given us a suite) then they gave us a suite right by a door which slammed shut all right as loud people roamed the halls. They gave us a new room for the next night and all you could hear all night was partying in the halls and fighting in the parking lot. The breakfast was less than impressive.
2 night trip May 16, 2014
"Great Improvements"
The hotel has undergone a great transformation over the last year. It is clean and has friendly employees.
Response by The East Avenue Inn & Suites
Thank you for taking the time to review The East Avenue Inn & Suites. We're glad you enjoyed your stay here. We hope you visit again soon!
1 night trip with friends May 16, 2014
Bob G
needs just a little more TLC - the location is good and good pizza by the slice across the side road
Response by The East Avenue Inn & Suites
Thank you for taking the time to review The East Avenue Inn & Suites. We're glad you took advantage of our central location and tried some of Rochester's many dining choices. We hope you visit again soon!
2 night trip May 8, 2014
"Pleasantly Surprised"
We stayed in a room with a king size bed and it was a little small but served its purpose as we were only in town one night for a wedding. The room was very clean and the bed was really comfortable. The complimentary breakfast was much better than the usual offerings and you could even make your own fresh waffles! Staff was very friendly and gave us rooms next to others that were staying as well with no problem. I would definitely stay here again on my next trip to Rochester.
Response by The East Avenue Inn & Suites
Thank you for taking the time to review The East Avenue Inn & Suites. We're glad you found our experienced staff helpful during your stay. We hope you visit again soon!
1 night trip Apr 26, 2014
"great location"
Under renovation, nice lobby and breakfast area. Decent rehab of the room. Poor excuse for a fitness center, tiny. one cardio machine.
Response by The East Avenue Inn & Suites
Thank you for taking the time to review The East Avenue Inn & Suites. We appreciate your comments about the fitness center and will consider them as we continue the revitalization of the property. We hope you visit again soon!
1 night business trip Apr 25, 2014
"Great hotel!!! Near everything"
Stayed one night here and it was such a great place to stay!!!! Was able to park and walk to everything I needed. Room was very comfy and clean.
Other trip Apr 19, 2014
Mandy
Under construction but good location for conducting business downtown.
Response by The East Avenue Inn & Suites
Thank you for taking the time to review The East Avenue Inn & suites. We're glad you enjoyed your stay here and found the hotel to be ideally located for travelers visiting downtown Rochester. We'd like to let you know that while the hotel is currently completing an extensive remodel, the only rooms available for rent are one that have been recently refinished.
1 night business trip Apr 14, 2014
"Great for my first time in Rochester!"
A friend and I went for a concert at The Main Street Armory which was only a ten minute walk away! It took a second to find because there was construction in the entrance but it wasnt too bad. For the price it was smaller than expected but beyond big enough for the two of us! Very clean and the best part was the two extremely polite and helpful girls at the front desk ^.^
Response by The East Avenue Inn & Suites
Thank you for taking the time to review The East Avenue Inn & Suites. We're glad you enjoyed your stay here and found the hotel ideally located for visiting the Main Street Armory. We'd like to let you know that the construction at the entrance will be completed this Spring 2014 as our sister restaurant, The City Grill, opens on April 25. We hope you visit again soon!
1 night trip Apr 9, 2014
Taylor
"cleanest ive been in"
We stayed here 1 night. Room was beautiful.SO clean fresh smelling none of that stale air smell you get from other hotels. People were friendly and helpful. Nice breakfast set up in the breakfast room. Very nice place to stay.
1 night trip Apr 3, 2014
jen
"Met Basic Needs"
Room was much smaller than expected but good value for the price. Breakfast had a good selection to choose from. Staff was courteous and anticipated our needs. Shuttle service wasn't quite what we had been told but not a problem. Again good value so may stay there again.
Response by The East Avenue Inn & Suites
Thank you for taking the time to review The East Avenue Inn & Suites. We hope you try one of our Premium Suites the next time you visit. The Suites are twice the size of our guest rooms and feature spacious kitchenette areas for visitors seeking a high-end guest experience. Thank you!
1 night trip Mar 28, 2014
AGH
"It was nice"
Everything was great. But when I checked in the front desk lady did not introduce herself and was very rude. Everything else was ok
Other trip Mar 18, 2014