All hotels in Portland, Oregon, United States of America
7740 Se Powell Blvd, Portland, OR, 97206, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

2.6
    2.7
the one thing got me was the coffee pot was not cleaned from previous occupant it still had the old used coffee bag and the pot itself was not cleaned and there wasnt a replacement fresh bag for coffee maker.
1 night business trip Aug 15, 2015
"Not the best"
It's an old and tired hotel in a bad neighborhood. What else is there to say
1 night business trip Aug 12, 2015
"Solid two star"
This hotel is what you'd expect from a solid two star hotel. Very dated and low end, but reasonably clean and adequate for a night's sleep.
1 night family trip Aug 12, 2015
Lynne
"Large rooms, clean, and quiet"
My husband, myself and our teenaged daughter stayed at the motel for 5 days - nice big suite, which suited us for such a long stay. Since this is a motel, not a luxury hotel, we got exactly what we expected - and for a good price. Large, clean, and quiet (we had a room upstairs on the back side). Laundry on site was a plus. The staff was friendly and responsive when we needed anything. The neighborhood felt safe, but does not have many places to walk around to. LOVED the Vietnamese restauraunt nearby. Excellent.
6 night family trip Jul 16, 2015
Denise
"Ok option"
Reasonably priced and not a bad location if you have a car. The staff wasn't very helpful upon check in - we were a bit early and the room wasn't ready, understandable and fine of course but they wouldn't even store our luggage so we had to haul it across town. Would have expected more service for the price. Rooms are spacious, ours on the back was very dark. Burn holes in the sheets, one dirty towel, other than that the room was clean.
2 night trip with friends Jul 22, 2015
"Good spot to be in if you are there for the strip"
Showed up 1 hour early and the desk girl was going to charge me 20 dollars extra so i had to wait, 20 bucks for 1 hour early check in? Lame. No breakfast, coffee pot in the room but no coffee, and didn't even have a bible in the deal drawer lol. But whatever, it was cheap i guess. Should have been cheaper. Oh and the frig door wouldn't stay closed which quickly filed a large tray FULL of water with no way to empty it without spilling it. I'm sure house keeping loves that.
1 night romance trip Jun 13, 2015
"Facility Needs Some TLC"
I felt this motel was overpriced for the quality, in fact, I've stayed in much nicer places for much less money through hotels.com. The furniture was nice, and plentiful (!) and the bathroom had recently been repainted. The sheets were fine, and the pillows comfortable, and the towels did the job but were nothing to get excited about. But, the carpet was very dirty, there were marks on the walls, spots on the bedspread (yuck!), and the bathroom baseboards were coming loose and were dirty, along with the floor along the edges and in the corners. There was a hair dryer, microwave, fridge, and coffee maker, but no coffee or cups were provided, and the tab was broken on the coffee maker. There was not enough lighting in the room, and the ballast needed replacing. Outdoor walkways need to be power washed, and the neighbors stood in front of the door to our non-smoking room to smoke. The grounds were kept clean, however, and I appreciated the covered parking right next to our room. I feel this could be a nice place and more worth the money if the owners just invested a bit more time and effort, and a little money for amenities. I don't know if this was an issue with the motel or with hotels.com, but I was told on the phone that I couldn't get the advertised rate because it was a "last minute booking." I work in the tourist industry and I know that prices go down on unbooked rooms, not up. I was looking at another option in the same part of town and I wish I had gone with it.
2 night family trip Jun 5, 2015
"VERY VERY GOOD ! ! !"
Staff and everything else was fantastic. I am happy that we stayed there.
Other trip May 16, 2015
Martin
"Older hotel....Good rates"
Well, i booked a King size bed (Non Smoking) via Hotels.com, but was given a two bed double when i checked in, a minor inconvenience. For the most part staff were nice and friendly and the room was clean and our stay was quiet. It's an older property in a so so part of town priced accordingly.
1 night romance trip Apr 11, 2015
jonathan
"My stay at Briarwood Suites"
My stay was exceptional, nice and quiet, Room was clean, there were places to eat, very close to the Hotel, I would stay Here every time I would be in the area.
1 night business trip Apr 14, 2015
Darron
"Super space"
Nice big room, sofa and extra chairs, microwave, etc. The people next door were loud before 6am and up until 10pm. Walls were thin, so this inhibited sleep. Parking was great, location was very good for getting to Warner Pacific College. Shampoo was in a packet and not restocked the second day.
Other trip Apr 13, 2015
Marty
Staff quite confused about our booking. Long delay before they figured it out.
Other trip Apr 7, 2015
Good value for the price, very friendly stuff. Room has clean beds, fridge, microwave, dirty sofa. Pets (dogs) are allowed: watch out for doggy crap on your shoes.
Other trip Mar 9, 2015
"Great place in Portland"
Overall a nice, affordable place in Portland that is not a bad neighborhood. Parking is free, and place is safe. However, be prepared for the heavy traffic in the morning being Hwy 26 and Powell. Short drive time to city in the evening but a lot of stop and go during the rush hours. Comparatively, better than some cheap motels in town being a suite and a very comfy bed.
1 night business trip Feb 16, 2015
"Good for it's price."
Everything was good for what you would expect from a hotel in this price range. Would definitely stay again.
1 night business trip Dec 13, 2014
Aaron
"worst stay"
The hotel had no service to speak of. If we were not ready to allow the cleaning crew in when they wanted to come in the room would not be done. They came at 8:00 am. The room smelled so much like cigarette no attempt to deodorize or anything.
5 night business trip Dec 11, 2014
Eli
"Overpriced"
The only thing positive I have to say about staying here was the man who checked me in was very kind and helpful. The room was quite literally falling apart, no drawers on the dresser, carpet falling off the wall, and I overall just didn't feel comfortable staying there. You can find something better, look elsewhere.
Other trip Nov 27, 2014
tiny
"Good price, decent room"
When all you need is a bed and bathroom, this is a great place. No breakfast, no coffee in the room, no clock radio. Just a comfortable bed and bathroom, which is all we needed.
Other trip Nov 21, 2014
I arrived at 4 am and they could not find my reservation. It did take 15 minutes to figure out but we received a room upgrade for the trouble. The room was clean and spacious
"Business to Portland"
KO stay
3 night business trip Nov 13, 2014
Nice property, with some covered parking. Small suites that are quiet and affordable.
Other trip Nov 18, 2014
"my experience at Briarwoods"
Overall stay was okay. I dont think i would stay there again tho. From the pictures on the website i expected a newer nicer room.
1 night family trip Oct 26, 2014
christina
"Briarwood Suites... A little hard to find but a go"
Reasonably priced and friendly. Never crowded.
3 night romance trip Oct 16, 2014
Herb
"Worst hotel ever"
When I check in the lobby I was treated rude. They make you pay 15.00 for a visitor and can only stay one hour. This includes if your friend is just dropping or picking you up. The breakfast was only a bangle little droughts and coffee. Its a bad part of town. There was no cofeein the room. Most of the outlets weren't working and I had to ask for a remote 3 different times because the remote wasn't working. They charged me 65.00 saying I destroyed the room when I wasn't even in there most of the time and I left it clean. They also put those charges on there because I had people picking me up and dropping me off for business. Don't ever stay here.
2 night business trip Oct 3, 2014
"Never Again"
Worst place I've stayed in a long time. The room had not been dusted. There was a layer of dust on the sink counter tops. These are places that are normally wiped down daily. The worst thing was that the toilet was broken. We had to put our hand in the tank to flush it. There is no way housekeeping could not have known since they have to flush the toilet when they clean. Thank goodness we were only there one night. There was a garbage can outside the door that was overflowing and drawing flies and bees. Motel 6 would have been a big step up,
Other trip Sep 7, 2014
It was not a luxury stay. It is a budget stay. Fixtures are old, room is musty. The staff are pleasant. The room would literally shake when the ice machine was used (was it the ice machine or some jet-engine going off?).
Other trip Sep 2, 2014
"Low budget hotel"
Pros: good price for 2-bed suite; pet-friendly; covered parking available; nice staff; located near several shopping areas and restaurants. Cons: furniture, carpet, and bedding was very dated; ironing board offered at front desk to be picked up ($10 deposit); located in shady/ghetto part of town.
Other trip Aug 28, 2014
sacramento, ca
Over priced for room quality and location. We only stayed there because we couldn't find any thing else for a Saturday night in Portland without prior reservations. We were just passing through.
1 night family trip Aug 22, 2014
"You get what you pay for."
Put it this way...we bought our own bedsheets and towels. That's how gross I felt in that room. First off, I noticed the stains on the floor, wall, and unidentified white stuff on my bedside lamp. Then I checked the bed. Well, at least there were no bed bugs. But there were holes in the flat sheet... But I drew the line when I grabbed a towel after my shower and noticed multiple stains! I have never seen a white hotel towel with stains on it...the whole reason hotels and restaurants buy white is so that they can bleach them! The cheap price of room rental doesn't justify not bleaching white towels...bleach is cheap! I tried looking for other hotels, but due to the Hood to Coast Marathon, rooms were either booked or ridiculously expensive. So my husband and I agreed that it would be more cost efficient to buy our own sheets, towels, disinfectants, and anything else we needed to feel comfortable rather than paying for two hotels for a short trip. We survived, but I would never stay there again. The only thing nice is that the location is on the outskirts of Portland, so we were able to avoid traffic. But the neighborhood is a little iffy...homeless roaming the street, poo on the first floor (I'm hoping it's dog poo), drug bag on the floor outside the room across the hall...Although the price was super cheap, it wasn't worth it...especially when you're in such a beautiful state!
Other trip Aug 26, 2014
D
"Basic and dirty"
Rooms felt very unclean and smelt like wet pet. Initial concierge was lovely however despite making it very clear on check-in of the number of people in the room, the night manager was incredibly rude, accusatory and demanding extra payment. Would not recommend or stay again.
1 night business trip Aug 21, 2014
"only hotel available in Portland - definitely 2 st"
Hotel is 2 stars. Looks like the management is really trying to keep it up - new windows and vanity. Price matched the facilities. Excellent staff. Area initially looks like a cheap area but in fact just off the main street is a lovely residential area and walking distance to hip Stark street with great restaurants.
Other trip Aug 14, 2014
family
"Cleanliness of room"
Not much. Lots of confusion about our reservation after we had called to make a change. Hotel was blaming Expedia.com and they said they had heard nothing about the change. (Partly our fault - but we had called the hotel and made the reservation change and they said everything was taken care off.) The room we stayed in needs a really good cleaning and needs a lot of repairs.
1 night trip Jul 26, 2014
"Note to self: Do better research on motel before"
Had to go to Portland on short notice to attend a funeral so went to Expedia for lodging close to where I needed to go. Pic's of the place on Expedia website looked adequate to acceptable... visually. But in hind site they were, by my best guess, taken by a pro photographer that can photographically polish a turd with lighting and angles cause they don't show you the neighborhood or the micro thin walls. When I arrived late at 10:30pm after a 4 hour drive from Seattle the neighbors in the next room (two women and one man) were loudly fornicating and arguing about fornicating and or the absence of fornicating. Now, ordinarily this might have provided some strange voyeuristic entertainment that could be fun in the right circumstances for a short period of time. But this continued all freakin night and I needed to sleep. Finally after three calls in two hours to the front desk to sit on the offensive neighbors it appears they brought in the police to sit on them or perhaps evict them in the middle of the night because it finally quieted down about 4am.
Other trip Jul 23, 2014
BjR
"Not recommended"
Had to beg for towels, changed rooms once due to maintenance. Breakfast was store bought donuts. Furniture was broken. Sofa mattress was uncomfortable. Room dirty.
Other trip Jul 23, 2014
"Easy to work locations"
Comfortable
2 night trip Jul 16, 2014
JK
"You barely get what you paid for"
Spacious room but very hard mattress. The hotel rooms need upgrading. Poor breakfast (coffee defrosted little donuts and muffins only}. Minimum channels program on old tube TV.
6 night family trip Jun 22, 2014
"In the ghetto"
Portland was unfortunately booked throughout the city and we were left with this "gem". The hotel is in a scary part of town. There were security cameras in the lobby and all hallways, the staff who checked us in were friendly but frazzled because the room lock system had failed. The gentleman who checked us out was not at all friendly or helpful, he was hesitant to give us 2 towels even after we explained we booked a room for four people and were only given two towels. The rooms appeared old and dirty, blankets had crust on them, the lock on the door appeared pulled off.
1 night family trip Jun 21, 2014
DF
"It was ok"
Front desk lady was really nice and super helpful. Room was ok. TV was placed on a table between sitting area and bed, older hotel but it was ok.
1 night trip Jun 20, 2014
"I would not recommend."
Let me just preface this with saying that the staff were very kind and friendly. That being said, this was one of the worst motels I've ever stayed in. There was a coffee maker, but no coffee or filters. The towels had gross looking brown spots on them. There were hairs around the bathroom, including in the bathtub. The wifi was out most of the time we were there. There was something like K-Y or petroleum jelly on the nightstand. They required that any guest you had sign in at the front desk and couldn't stay for more than an hour. The other guests yelled and slammed doors all night long. The walls were paper-thin and you could hear all conversations, etc. The room was also very loud due to the traffic on Powell.
Other trip Jun 9, 2014
"For The Price - Excellent"
This is a nicely run place. The management and reception are very friendly. I did not have have internet working in my room. The night manager moved me with 5 minutes to a room where the internet worked without fuss. It is a little close to the road so traffic noise was a small issue. I had a gentleman underneath me who gave a great impression of a foghorn till 3 am most nights - but ear plugs sorted him out. Overall, a really good hotel, as per usual other humanoids ruined it slightly to scale my mark to 7 out of ten.
4 night trip May 10, 2014
"Terrible"
Stained towels, smelly, filthy parking lot and weird policies about visitors. The kind of place you strip the bedclothes off and just use the sheets. Pictures missing from the walls (screw holes remain) and an ancient CRT television complete the picture. Wifi was OK.
1 night trip Apr 26, 2014
Phil
"Very under secure hands"
Due too an unfortunate incident that caused me injuries and all forms of I.d., belongings stolen. I respectfully respected the night clerk for being very understanding. Yet following his obligation of his works rules. With no debate he already noted that he refunded the money. Even though he could completely have charged me. THANKS! !!!!
Other trip May 9, 2014
Grace
"A motel in a questionable neighborhood."
First thing you notice when you check-in to the motel is that there exists several ethnic restaurants across the street. And adjacent to the said ethnic restaurants, there exists a gentlemen's club of questionable quality. The furniture is of decidedly low in quality and the bathroom sink actually is located right outside the bathroom. You truly get what you pay for at Briarwood Suites.
Other trip May 3, 2014
"The worst place ever"
The front desk guy shut off my room key to harass us. Tryed to charge me more for another adult when I booked for two. A cussed me of smoking pot in my room. This went on for 45mins. I would never stay there again
Other trip Apr 28, 2014
c
"Rundown and in need of modernization"
The hotel is in need of remodeling. The room furnishings are dated and dirty. Floors are not clean. There was a coffee maker but no coffee, filters, etc. Screens were off of the back window, laying on the ground. It was quiet.
Other trip Apr 22, 2014
"Worst staff ever the harress you"
The came to my room call me on the phone two seconds after I came in I left and stayed at a motel six and just didn't care to get a refund cause they can't even speak English
Other trip Apr 19, 2014
"DO NOT STAY HERE"
This was the worst hotel experience I have ever had. The refrigerator was broken so all the food I bought for my room I had to throw away. The room smelled sour from the refrigerator being broken. There were ants coming out of the heater. The man from the front desk over charged me by $50 and refused to give me a receipt. When it was check out time I was loading my car and the man from the front desk told me I needed to check out immediately. When I went to meet him in the lobby he told me I could go. Horrible experience.
2 night trip Apr 11, 2014
Electra Riley
"Close to public transportation & more."
This the second time I have come to Portland & stayed at Briarwood Suites, first for a week & then for a few days. The rooms are clean & comfortable & management is very nice. They also have a washer & dryer for guests to use. I would not hesitate to stay there again.
Other trip Apr 3, 2014
Lori
"never again!!!"
So i booked a room here last wknd for my husband's birthday, we had checked in and got our stuff to rm. Now we did have a few too our rm but that's why we got the 3 beds. Any ways, we have friends that live in Portland that we don't see cuz we don't live there, had them meet us at our rm so that we could go out, after just a cpl hrs at the bar next door, we go back to find that wet have been locked out of our rm and kick out for having guest im our rm. NO WHERE on there site or the lady i booked with let me know that that was the case. Had i known i wouldn't have stayed there been out $100. (Cuz you don't get ur money back) They were rude, would not talk to me when i went to find out what's going, just walked really fast in front of me to unlock my door and tell me i have ten mins to get off the property before he calls the cops. So again, we will NEVER stay there again and i don't recommend it to anyone. EVER!!!!!!!!
1 night trip with friends Mar 15, 2014
Mia
"Ok"
It was quiet. Not best neighborhood Bed springs were worn out and uncomfortable. The set up of the room was roomy and nice. Staff was friendly
Other trip Mar 10, 2014