All hotels in Portland, Oregon, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here7740 Se Powell Blvd, Portland, OR, 97206, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

2.6
    2.7
"Older hotel....Good rates"
Well, i booked a King size bed (Non Smoking) via Hotels.com, but was given a two bed double when i checked in, a minor inconvenience. For the most part staff were nice and friendly and the room was clean and our stay was quiet. It's an older property in a so so part of town priced accordingly.
1 night romance trip Apr 11, 2015
jonathan
"My stay at Briarwood Suites"
My stay was exceptional, nice and quiet, Room was clean, there were places to eat, very close to the Hotel, I would stay Here every time I would be in the area.
1 night business trip Apr 14, 2015
Darron
"Great place in Portland"
Overall a nice, affordable place in Portland that is not a bad neighborhood. Parking is free, and place is safe. However, be prepared for the heavy traffic in the morning being Hwy 26 and Powell. Short drive time to city in the evening but a lot of stop and go during the rush hours. Comparatively, better than some cheap motels in town being a suite and a very comfy bed.
1 night business trip Feb 16, 2015
"Good for it's price."
Everything was good for what you would expect from a hotel in this price range. Would definitely stay again.
1 night business trip Dec 13, 2014
Aaron
"worst stay"
The hotel had no service to speak of. If we were not ready to allow the cleaning crew in when they wanted to come in the room would not be done. They came at 8:00 am. The room smelled so much like cigarette no attempt to deodorize or anything.
5 night business trip Dec 11, 2014
Eli
"Overpriced"
The only thing positive I have to say about staying here was the man who checked me in was very kind and helpful. The room was quite literally falling apart, no drawers on the dresser, carpet falling off the wall, and I overall just didn't feel comfortable staying there. You can find something better, look elsewhere.
Other trip Nov 27, 2014
tiny
"Good price, decent room"
When all you need is a bed and bathroom, this is a great place. No breakfast, no coffee in the room, no clock radio. Just a comfortable bed and bathroom, which is all we needed.
Other trip Nov 21, 2014
I arrived at 4 am and they could not find my reservation. It did take 15 minutes to figure out but we received a room upgrade for the trouble. The room was clean and spacious
"Business to Portland"
KO stay
3 night business trip Nov 13, 2014
Nice property, with some covered parking. Small suites that are quiet and affordable.
Other trip Nov 18, 2014
"my experience at Briarwoods"
Overall stay was okay. I dont think i would stay there again tho. From the pictures on the website i expected a newer nicer room.
1 night family trip Oct 26, 2014
christina
"Briarwood Suites... A little hard to find but a go"
Reasonably priced and friendly. Never crowded.
3 night romance trip Oct 16, 2014
Herb
"Worst hotel ever"
When I check in the lobby I was treated rude. They make you pay 15.00 for a visitor and can only stay one hour. This includes if your friend is just dropping or picking you up. The breakfast was only a bangle little droughts and coffee. Its a bad part of town. There was no cofeein the room. Most of the outlets weren't working and I had to ask for a remote 3 different times because the remote wasn't working. They charged me 65.00 saying I destroyed the room when I wasn't even in there most of the time and I left it clean. They also put those charges on there because I had people picking me up and dropping me off for business. Don't ever stay here.
2 night business trip Oct 3, 2014
"Never Again"
Worst place I've stayed in a long time. The room had not been dusted. There was a layer of dust on the sink counter tops. These are places that are normally wiped down daily. The worst thing was that the toilet was broken. We had to put our hand in the tank to flush it. There is no way housekeeping could not have known since they have to flush the toilet when they clean. Thank goodness we were only there one night. There was a garbage can outside the door that was overflowing and drawing flies and bees. Motel 6 would have been a big step up,
Other trip Sep 7, 2014
It was not a luxury stay. It is a budget stay. Fixtures are old, room is musty. The staff are pleasant. The room would literally shake when the ice machine was used (was it the ice machine or some jet-engine going off?).
Other trip Sep 2, 2014
"Low budget hotel"
Pros: good price for 2-bed suite; pet-friendly; covered parking available; nice staff; located near several shopping areas and restaurants. Cons: furniture, carpet, and bedding was very dated; ironing board offered at front desk to be picked up ($10 deposit); located in shady/ghetto part of town.
Other trip Aug 28, 2014
sacramento, ca
Over priced for room quality and location. We only stayed there because we couldn't find any thing else for a Saturday night in Portland without prior reservations. We were just passing through.
1 night family trip Aug 22, 2014
"You get what you pay for."
Put it this way...we bought our own bedsheets and towels. That's how gross I felt in that room. First off, I noticed the stains on the floor, wall, and unidentified white stuff on my bedside lamp. Then I checked the bed. Well, at least there were no bed bugs. But there were holes in the flat sheet... But I drew the line when I grabbed a towel after my shower and noticed multiple stains! I have never seen a white hotel towel with stains on it...the whole reason hotels and restaurants buy white is so that they can bleach them! The cheap price of room rental doesn't justify not bleaching white towels...bleach is cheap! I tried looking for other hotels, but due to the Hood to Coast Marathon, rooms were either booked or ridiculously expensive. So my husband and I agreed that it would be more cost efficient to buy our own sheets, towels, disinfectants, and anything else we needed to feel comfortable rather than paying for two hotels for a short trip. We survived, but I would never stay there again. The only thing nice is that the location is on the outskirts of Portland, so we were able to avoid traffic. But the neighborhood is a little iffy...homeless roaming the street, poo on the first floor (I'm hoping it's dog poo), drug bag on the floor outside the room across the hall...Although the price was super cheap, it wasn't worth it...especially when you're in such a beautiful state!
Other trip Aug 26, 2014
D
"Basic and dirty"
Rooms felt very unclean and smelt like wet pet. Initial concierge was lovely however despite making it very clear on check-in of the number of people in the room, the night manager was incredibly rude, accusatory and demanding extra payment. Would not recommend or stay again.
1 night business trip Aug 21, 2014
"only hotel available in Portland - definitely 2 st"
Hotel is 2 stars. Looks like the management is really trying to keep it up - new windows and vanity. Price matched the facilities. Excellent staff. Area initially looks like a cheap area but in fact just off the main street is a lovely residential area and walking distance to hip Stark street with great restaurants.
Other trip Aug 14, 2014
family
"Cleanliness of room"
Not much. Lots of confusion about our reservation after we had called to make a change. Hotel was blaming Expedia.com and they said they had heard nothing about the change. (Partly our fault - but we had called the hotel and made the reservation change and they said everything was taken care off.) The room we stayed in needs a really good cleaning and needs a lot of repairs.
1 night trip Jul 26, 2014
"Not recommended"
Had to beg for towels, changed rooms once due to maintenance. Breakfast was store bought donuts. Furniture was broken. Sofa mattress was uncomfortable. Room dirty.
Other trip Jul 23, 2014
"Easy to work locations"
Comfortable
2 night trip Jul 16, 2014
JK
"You barely get what you paid for"
Spacious room but very hard mattress. The hotel rooms need upgrading. Poor breakfast (coffee defrosted little donuts and muffins only}. Minimum channels program on old tube TV.
6 night family trip Jun 22, 2014
"In the ghetto"
Portland was unfortunately booked throughout the city and we were left with this "gem". The hotel is in a scary part of town. There were security cameras in the lobby and all hallways, the staff who checked us in were friendly but frazzled because the room lock system had failed. The gentleman who checked us out was not at all friendly or helpful, he was hesitant to give us 2 towels even after we explained we booked a room for four people and were only given two towels. The rooms appeared old and dirty, blankets had crust on them, the lock on the door appeared pulled off.
1 night family trip Jun 21, 2014
DF
"It was ok"
Front desk lady was really nice and super helpful. Room was ok. TV was placed on a table between sitting area and bed, older hotel but it was ok.
1 night trip Jun 20, 2014
"I would not recommend."
Let me just preface this with saying that the staff were very kind and friendly. That being said, this was one of the worst motels I've ever stayed in. There was a coffee maker, but no coffee or filters. The towels had gross looking brown spots on them. There were hairs around the bathroom, including in the bathtub. The wifi was out most of the time we were there. There was something like K-Y or petroleum jelly on the nightstand. They required that any guest you had sign in at the front desk and couldn't stay for more than an hour. The other guests yelled and slammed doors all night long. The walls were paper-thin and you could hear all conversations, etc. The room was also very loud due to the traffic on Powell.
Other trip Jun 9, 2014
"For The Price - Excellent"
This is a nicely run place. The management and reception are very friendly. I did not have have internet working in my room. The night manager moved me with 5 minutes to a room where the internet worked without fuss. It is a little close to the road so traffic noise was a small issue. I had a gentleman underneath me who gave a great impression of a foghorn till 3 am most nights - but ear plugs sorted him out. Overall, a really good hotel, as per usual other humanoids ruined it slightly to scale my mark to 7 out of ten.
4 night trip May 10, 2014
"Terrible"
Stained towels, smelly, filthy parking lot and weird policies about visitors. The kind of place you strip the bedclothes off and just use the sheets. Pictures missing from the walls (screw holes remain) and an ancient CRT television complete the picture. Wifi was OK.
1 night trip Apr 26, 2014
Phil
"Very under secure hands"
Due too an unfortunate incident that caused me injuries and all forms of I.d., belongings stolen. I respectfully respected the night clerk for being very understanding. Yet following his obligation of his works rules. With no debate he already noted that he refunded the money. Even though he could completely have charged me. THANKS! !!!!
Other trip May 9, 2014
Grace
"Rundown and in need of modernization"
The hotel is in need of remodeling. The room furnishings are dated and dirty. Floors are not clean. There was a coffee maker but no coffee, filters, etc. Screens were off of the back window, laying on the ground. It was quiet.
Other trip Apr 22, 2014
"Worst staff ever the harress you"
The came to my room call me on the phone two seconds after I came in I left and stayed at a motel six and just didn't care to get a refund cause they can't even speak English
Other trip Apr 19, 2014
"DO NOT STAY HERE"
This was the worst hotel experience I have ever had. The refrigerator was broken so all the food I bought for my room I had to throw away. The room smelled sour from the refrigerator being broken. There were ants coming out of the heater. The man from the front desk over charged me by $50 and refused to give me a receipt. When it was check out time I was loading my car and the man from the front desk told me I needed to check out immediately. When I went to meet him in the lobby he told me I could go. Horrible experience.
2 night trip Apr 11, 2014
Electra Riley
"Close to public transportation & more."
This the second time I have come to Portland & stayed at Briarwood Suites, first for a week & then for a few days. The rooms are clean & comfortable & management is very nice. They also have a washer & dryer for guests to use. I would not hesitate to stay there again.
Other trip Apr 3, 2014
Lori
"never again!!!"
So i booked a room here last wknd for my husband's birthday, we had checked in and got our stuff to rm. Now we did have a few too our rm but that's why we got the 3 beds. Any ways, we have friends that live in Portland that we don't see cuz we don't live there, had them meet us at our rm so that we could go out, after just a cpl hrs at the bar next door, we go back to find that wet have been locked out of our rm and kick out for having guest im our rm. NO WHERE on there site or the lady i booked with let me know that that was the case. Had i known i wouldn't have stayed there been out $100. (Cuz you don't get ur money back) They were rude, would not talk to me when i went to find out what's going, just walked really fast in front of me to unlock my door and tell me i have ten mins to get off the property before he calls the cops. So again, we will NEVER stay there again and i don't recommend it to anyone. EVER!!!!!!!!
1 night trip with friends Mar 15, 2014
Mia
"Ok"
It was quiet. Not best neighborhood Bed springs were worn out and uncomfortable. The set up of the room was roomy and nice. Staff was friendly
Other trip Mar 10, 2014
"Not terrible for the price"
I chose this establishment for its location, near to where I needed to be. It is older & a little shabby; however my room was clean and the staff very pleasant. They do not however have in room coffee any longer. Worth the price. I would not hesitate to stay here again.
2 night trip Feb 28, 2014
"Could be better"
This is our third or fourth time at this place and things have gone downhill. There was no shampoo in the bathroom, the towels were so small and dirty looking. The couch sagged so much that sitting in it could give someone back pain. The bathtub is all stained. But I must say service of the staff was good and they were courteous and helpful to a degree. And what is the point of saying it comes with breakfast when they have nothing but stale doughnuts. Can't they have at least some milk or cereal?
9 night trip Feb 1, 2014
Anjali Rawat
"For the price, it's an excellent facility."
For the price, you get a much better deal than with most motels in the area. It's far cleaner and non-smoking rooms are truly non-smoking. In addition, there's more room and the beds as well as pillows are much more comfortable and of better quality. The mirrors around the room were a really nice addition too. The staff were very friendly as well. Talking to them felt almost like being at home. The only down-side was the breakfast. It was pretty disappointing. I was expecting the typical breakfast of eggs, toast or bagels, spreads, fruits and coffee. However, it was just boxes of store-bought donuts...
Other trip Feb 11, 2014
Amma
"Paper Thin Walls on the Edge of Town"
Expedia said there was only one room left at the price and I did not see that the reservation only allowed 1 guest for the price.We just needed an inexpensive place to sleep for one night. Upon check-in I had to pay an extra $15 for my husband. I would have done better to look for another motel. It would have been nicer too. The motel was not full but the manager put all of the guests in rooms near each other. The walls were so thin you could hear EVERYTHING that other guests were doing.
Other trip Jan 28, 2014
"close to family"
room lacked coffee maker, but very spacious and quiet, close to shopping and restaurants, easy access to downtown
2 night trip Jan 18, 2014
"Very good value for the price"
All in all this is a very decent place. For those of you looking to pay country Motel 6 prices and get Hilton service you are going to complain anyway, but I have to say as a person who travels 3 months out of the year this place is just fine. It is not fancy, there is no valet but it is clean, reasonably priced, the rooms are large (nice during a long stay), it is in a decent neighborhood with bars, restaurants and stores nearby and the owner and staff are friendly. I stayed at Briarwood for over a week while house shopping and it worked perfectly.
7 night trip Jan 15, 2014
Drew
"Horrible"
Hordible
1 night business trip Jan 7, 2014
"really 3 calls!!!!"
I booked a room closer to work for the night, My work hours are late,so after returning I had my brother come by to drop some things off for me and we stayed for a couple hours sense we lost track of time. apparently this was after visitor hours/curfew which deemed 3 annoying phone calls from the front desk asking me if hes left yet. so much for quality time after a long night of work. should have stuck with my usual spot.
1 night trip Dec 18, 2013
swankymodes
"Economical motel with no frills"
I stayed here with my three newphews (10 yrs, 10 yrs old and 15 yr old) We stayed in Room 118. Very economical. I paid $54 for two queen beds. I wasn't expecting anything real great for the price and to be honest it was actually better than what I expected. The rooms are spacious. The beds are clean and comfortable. Low noise level. The decor is outdated but the room was mostly clean. The only negative thing I would have to say is that the room had a hideaway bed sofa and one of the my teenage nephews would rather have preferred sleeping there than with his aunt. When we pulled out the sleeper the mattress was badly stained and soiled. There were no extra sheets for the hideaway and when I went to the front desk to ask if we could have some sheets I was told that the maids have already gone home for the day and no I could not be given any extra sheets. There were also dirty towels under the sofa. The continental breakfast is very skimpy. When I went to check it out it appeared it consisted of coffee and doughnut holes.
1 night trip Dec 28, 2013
"Old hotel"
Showing its age, at least the room appeared clean. Breakfast consisted of bagels, OJ, and coffee. The staff was nice.
3 night trip Dec 17, 2013
Ratfeast
"Inexpensive, has seen better days."
Inexpensive, older hotel. About what I expected. Large room (called a suite) with separate area with sofa, table and chair, and TV. Sofa's upholstery was ripped, carpet was dirty (showed up on white socks). Room had small refrigerator and microwave. Hotel okay for two nights, but wouldn't want to spend much more time there.
Other trip Dec 1, 2013
"surprisingly good motel"
I was very concerned that I would find a bed bug infested room at this great price. My daughter had just this problem with Motel 6 down the road a few months ago. As it turn out the room was quite clean and the staff went out of their way to help with my wyfi. And made sure I was in a room away from party animals. I have stayed in 5 star and 4 star hotels so I couldn't rate this that high otherwise I maybe should have given it a better rating.
1 night trip Nov 20, 2013
Erik
"convenient, clean and economical"
We enjoyed our stay and the hotel staff were all very nice and helpful. The room was very clean and everything worked fine. The free breakfast was really a very simple continental breakfast option of toast, muffin or donuts, The price was one of the cheapest in Portland and it was super convenient to the Mt Tabor neighborhood where we were visiting family, so we were happy with our stay and would return. Plenty of restaurants and stores nearby for anything you might need. There is a Chinese restaurant next door that serves delicious and reasonably priced fresh seafood, When i say fresh, I mean crabs, lobster, prawns and fish in tanks for you to choose from, or do as I did, just order from the menu and not play God with who lives and who doesn't. Our prawns were super fresh and absolutely delicious.
1 night family trip Nov 3, 2013
"A long weekend in Portland"
The facility was clean and quiet. I wish, however, that the management took more pride in the details. Our blanket had several cigarette-made burns, the towels were small, thin, and definitely could have benefitted from some bleach (Stains are really a put-off!!) , the shampoo dispenser was empty. There was a heater/air conditioner under the window. The cover was off and tilted up against the curtains. When we asked at the office if there was a problem with it, we were told that it worked just fine (and it did) and not to worry about the cover being off.
Other trip Nov 4, 2013