All hotels in Portland, Oregon, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here7740 Se Powell Blvd, Portland, OR, 97206, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

2.6
    2.7
"Same good service I have always had there"
I have stayed at briarwood many times when dealing with surgery out west. Staff has always been quite considerate and helpful. Night manager Ray and also Gary both great guys. Little out of the way for my doctor but I have come to feel secure at Briarwood and the local business are all familiar to me. Nice theater close by and lots of food places, Library with internet a short walk, number 9 Powel buss gets me right into downtown. So the little inconvenience of distance to me is well worth staying there.
3 night business trip Sep 18, 2013
"Rundown Hotel"
Needs general clean up and maintenance. Stairs were in disrepair. Grounds were dirty.
Other trip Sep 23, 2013
"Briarwood"
The Briarwood is in SE Portland so not the best part of town... The hotel does have some rules... IE any guests that you might have have to check in at the desk... But that is for the safety of the guests... The room was great the staff was helpful and it was very convienient for me.... I will stay there again.. PS the breakfast consists of coffee and very small donuts which worked fine for me just wanting coffee...
2 night trip Sep 6, 2013
"Worst ever"
Dirty rooms, was a weekly rent not what was advertised
Other trip Sep 9, 2013
"Convenient location"
The hotel was close to the bus line, so it was easy to get downtown and other places.There is good public transportation in Portland, so you can get around easily.There is lots to do & see downtown.
Other trip Aug 27, 2013
Janice
"Briarwood Suites"
The staff were very friendly. Room 225 very quiet. Not fancy, but clean. Continental breakfast could be improved. I would go back.
Other trip Aug 9, 2013
"My Stay"
The towels were threadbare and we got two towels for 3 people (all adults and paid extra for) even after going to get an extra the first night. The "breakfast" included with our room was coffee (no other beverage available) and a donut that was from a box and still slightly frozen. The location was in a bad part of town,though we requested one near the airport it was a 30 minute drive to get there.
Other trip Jul 23, 2013
Traci
"Surrounded by everything I like"
I really enjoyed staying at Briarwood. I had coffee directly across the street, great food next door to the coffee shop, and then relaxed at the great pub with outside smoking area half a block east in a small shopping center with a beer-wine-exotic smoke shop. The pub had the best BBQ pork ribs I've tased in many years. I only had two minor problems with the hotel - the TV didn't work and the telephones mounted instruction card was completely washed out unreadable. They tried to replace the TV but couldn't remove the security bolts retaining the old bad TV. I eventually got it to work by banging in it. Hey, stuff happens.
1 night trip Jul 13, 2013
"close to SE Portland OR"
Very clean and quiet room. Reasonable price at the last minute. would stay there again. 82nd ave kinda sketchy, though improving. this hotel quite a ways back in the 70s. Close to where I wanted to be. Nice guys. Easy Wireless pass word. Other guests well-mannered and quiet after midnight. Entry signage of parking lot could be less confusinnnnng!
Other trip Jul 10, 2013
Toes
"Awesome hotel service A+"
I would like to thank the staff about how nice and friendly they were with us. I would definitely stay their for my next visit to the area. Me and my wife would like to thank the person who helped us that night, you were awesome. Hope you guys are good and god bless.
Other trip Jul 5, 2013
Jose
"Comfortable motel"
The "breakfast" they supply was just packaged muffins. I had to ask for a second "key", even though they knew there were 2 of us, and I had to ask for the wifi password. There is no elevator, and if there is a pool, I was not able to find it. But the room was nice and clean (although the bottom sheet wasn't a fitted one, and wasn't tucked in) and we felt nice and safe.
Other trip Jul 1, 2013
"OK if you just need a place to shower and sleep."
If sleeping on a hotel mattress with only a threadbare sheet, no mattress pad underneath, creeps you out, this is not the place for you. Ugly worn furniture.
Other trip Jun 30, 2013
carol
"Works if your tired"
It was okay. There were not enough towels in the room for the three of us and the couch is not a bed.
2 night trip Jun 21, 2013
Becky
"Great hotel on a budget!"
Nice room - like the separation of the space! My husband could stay up and read while I was able to sleep with the light on. Not fancy, but very functional room! Served our purpose very well! Spent most of. Our time with our daughter and came back to roost late in the evening!
Other trip Jun 4, 2013
"Think Before You Go......"
Those working in the office were nice. The rooms were not very clean, and there was debris on the floor. Sofa was very uncomfortable, nothing matched in the room....(and why did I need 2 desks in there?).....Bathroom floor was so sticky, it was not clean at all, and there was dried hair in the corner of the floor with cobwebs at the top corners of the shower area....Don't plan on staying here again !
2 night trip May 3, 2013
"So-So Inexpensive place to stay"
Room not ready when we arrived. Had to request several items (coffee maker, toilet paper, pillows), but room was generally clean and worth the price. No frills, and we didn't want frills.
1 night trip Apr 27, 2013
Ken
The night managers were pleasant and as helpful as possible with the limited resources available. The proprietor was unpleasant and unhelpful. The room looked like it came out of the eighties. They did not supply coffee for the coffee maker. There was no shampoo or soap in the dispensers in the shower. Used towels were not replaced. The next time we visit nearby family we will look for other accommodations.
2 night trip Apr 20, 2013
"Stained Towels"
The beds are short and your feet hang over the edge, so plan on sleeping diagonally and not sharing a bed! The towels are threadbare and stained, they really need to charge a couple bucks more and buy new towels with the extra cash. The guy at the front desk was very nice and friendly.
1 night trip Apr 7, 2013
Katie
"Bring Your own towels"
The hotel was well maintained and comfortable, however you would need to bring your towels, soap and tp. That right tp (ie toilet paper) we had to ask for towels twice soap there was none in our room and the toilet paper was down to the last 1/4 of an inch and there was no backup we had to ask for everything. Forget about the breakfast. However we would stay there again the price and the quality of the hotel was very reasonable we would know that we would have to bring toiletries which would be no problem
2 night business trip Apr 5, 2013
"simple place to stay in Portland"
it was very simple to check in, get there, and relax for an evening. Nothing special to do right in the neighborhood, but simple to get to Powells bookstore with a car.
1 night family trip Feb 16, 2013
"Convenient location - excellent staff"
Brairwood Suites were located in a convenient location with easy access to mass transit that got me anywhere that I needed to be in Portland. The rooms were very cozy and felt more like small apartments than hotel rooms. Each and every member of the staff, from house keeping to the front desk and the managers were absolutely wonderful, took a personal interest, and really made me feel like I was being taken care of. This is the only place I want to stay in while in Portland.
8 night trip Dec 14, 2012
Aaron G
"perfect for budget stay"
Briarwood is a great place but take it for what it is, there is no luxury, nothing fancy at all. What you will get is friendly employees, clean and comfy rooms, and absolutely reasonable prices. I wont stay anywhere else in SE Portland!
3 night trip with friends Nov 14, 2012
NWflyer
"Kacee reviews"
The management are very friendly and helpful. Getting into the hotel can be tricky. It is set off of the main road on a frontage road so watch for that.
2 night business trip Nov 8, 2012
Kacee
"Rude Morning Staff"
The room was ok we did notice what seemed to be a dried blood stain on the lamp-shade, They do not put the coffee in your room with the cod=ffee maker, rather you have to ask for it at the desk where they promptly inform you you will only get one, and take down your room number when you get it. The "Continental Breakfast" was a box of dollar store muffins each the size of a silver dollar, and the worst tasting coffee I have had. While you get your "breakfast" the staff will stare at you like you are trying to steal something. If you even hesitate for a second they will ask rudely "What do you want? What are you looking for?" Then on departure they will try to claim more people stayed in your room than actually did and wil charge you without your permission. Last time I ever stay at Briarwood Suite and I will telll others to stay far away.
1 night trip Nov 3, 2012
"Scrappy service, unexpected city tax fee"
Stay away from this hotel. Don't let the look fool you. Bathroom has stain from the ceiling and floor. Carpet is stink & mattress is rough. It's not worth your money.
3 night trip Oct 19, 2012
Family
"Cheep"
Large room. the water made my wife and I ill. breakfast was oj/Coffey and muffin. The least i've seen.
1 night business trip Oct 18, 2012
Jon
"Shabby"
First the good ... Excellent wi-fi connection, across the street from an excellent Chinese restaurant, and close to a good Chinese bakery. Now for the bad. The place seems to have been furnished with all of the rejects from other hotels after they remodeled. Our bed was old, there were stains on the carpet, the towels were stained, they ran out of coffee for the rooms, and overall the place was shabby.
2 night business trip Oct 12, 2012
Liz
"disappointing"
reserved a king, it was not available. stains on towels & pillow cases
Family trip Oct 2, 2012
Fred
"Inexpensive stay"
Inexpensive stay in Portland. You get what you pay for. "Breakfast" is a joke though - would not recommend counting on it.
Other trip Aug 8, 2012
MS
"close to friends"
If the room did not stink so much of old cigarette smoke and who knows what else, our stay would have been great. Also, the continental breakfast should either be improved drastically or discontinued altogether, as we aactually thought we were going to get something to eat (there were mini muffins, which don't count). Coffee makers in room would be nice, but refrigerator in room was great and room was large and location was quiet.
2 night family trip Jul 27, 2012
janet
Nice enough hotel, most staff very helpful. Would seem that if hotel owner spent a little money on upgrades and on-going maintenance the place would rate all 5's. Great location and quiet, will stay again !!
1 night trip Jul 28, 2012
"dont stay there!!"
no coments.......
1 night family trip Jul 14, 2012
luis
"Just one night."
Good location for our drive to Seattle the following morning (next to I-205). Wanted to see East side of Portland and this hotel was cheap. Front desk was curt but friendly. Room itself was spacious and provided mini-fridge. Problems: bathroom / desk lights barely worked. "Free wi-fi" was more or less a joke. Other people staying there seemed shifty but no safety issues. Stepped in a jelley stain on the carpet that cleaning people missed. Newly installed cheap carpet was off-gassing - had to open window to police sirens and squealing tires. OKAY if you're staying for just one night.
1 night trip Jul 10, 2012
"Shabby"
The front of the dresser drawer was hanging off one side and touching the floor. There were numerous holes in the bathroom sheet rock. The shower curtain was stiff on the bottom. Walls were extremely thin, required earplugs to sleep. And, I'm not fussy about neatness.
1 night trip Jun 24, 2012
"Recommended for the price."
Good people. The building was a bit run down but clean.
Other trip Jun 25, 2012

"Worst recommendation ever"
We asked to have a Hotel close to Downtown and we asked for at least a 4 star. We were on the road and had to call in to make the Reservation. When we arrive we found we were at least 25 mins by Taxi from Downtown not the 5 minutes we were promised. If we would have know this we would have booked a more expensive one and save the cab fairs which ended up being $80 total. The room had paint peeling off the walls. Cigarette Burns in the Drapes. The TV was stuck on Extra Green Tint. The Maids had to Wheel in a new TV from another room in a Grocery cart. And the location was in a very shady area of Portland. The staff were the only thing good about the Hotel. It was really a Motel . 1 Star rating at best. Not impressed at all with our recommendation.
1 night trip Aug 16, 2014
Murray Robertson
"average hotel, average cost"
bunch of stayed here on a roadtrip to portland. rooms were average cleanliness, staff was aloof, but for what we needed it was perfect.
Other trip Jul 28, 2014
Portland!
"Unsatisfied even for one night stay"
Pros: Cheap, large room, microwave and fridge Cons: Dirty(large handprint on wall), free breakfast was juice and frozen muffins, bed uncomfortable, walls paper thin.
1 night trip Aug 21, 2012
Nate

"アクセスが良い場所にあるモーテル"
モーテルのオーナーはとても親切で優しい方なので何の心配もいらない。 日本語が喋るスタッフも居るので、より心配ない。 レンタカーを利用してポートランドを楽しむ方にはいい場所であると思う。 価格に見合うモーテルだと思う!
Other trip Jan 22, 2014
Noccu
JP
"very nice attention sevices"
The clerk was very nice with us. She helped us looking local attractions and others things. I recommend this hotel.
2 night business trip Oct 16, 2013
manano
AR
"离托福考场15分钟走路"
离托福考场15分钟走路,周围好多快餐,适合考试学生
1 night business trip Mar 1, 2013
CN
"満足できました"
建物、部屋は古いものの、部屋はかなり広く、朝食もパンやコーヒーなどだがついており、安いため、ドライブ時に宿泊するには丁度良かった。私は直接は会わなかったが、日本人スタッフもいるそうで、日本語での対応もしてもらえる。
Other trip Jul 16, 2012