All hotels in Portland, Oregon, United States of America
7740 Se Powell Blvd, Portland, OR, 97206, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

2.5
    2.6
"only hotel available in Portland - definitely 2 st"
Hotel is 2 stars. Looks like the management is really trying to keep it up - new windows and vanity. Price matched the facilities. Excellent staff. Area initially looks like a cheap area but in fact just off the main street is a lovely residential area and walking distance to hip Stark street with great restaurants.
Other trip Aug 14, 2014
family
"Cleanliness of room"
Not much. Lots of confusion about our reservation after we had called to make a change. Hotel was blaming Expedia.com and they said they had heard nothing about the change. (Partly our fault - but we had called the hotel and made the reservation change and they said everything was taken care off.) The room we stayed in needs a really good cleaning and needs a lot of repairs.
1 night trip Jul 26, 2014
"Note to self: Do better research on motel before"
Had to go to Portland on short notice to attend a funeral so went to Expedia for lodging close to where I needed to go. Pic's of the place on Expedia website looked adequate to acceptable... visually. But in hind site they were, by my best guess, taken by a pro photographer that can photographically polish a turd with lighting and angles cause they don't show you the neighborhood or the micro thin walls. When I arrived late at 10:30pm after a 4 hour drive from Seattle the neighbors in the next room (two women and one man) were loudly fornicating and arguing about fornicating and or the absence of fornicating. Now, ordinarily this might have provided some strange voyeuristic entertainment that could be fun in the right circumstances for a short period of time. But this continued all freakin night and I needed to sleep. Finally after three calls in two hours to the front desk to sit on the offensive neighbors it appears they brought in the police to sit on them or perhaps evict them in the middle of the night because it finally quieted down about 4am.
Other trip Jul 23, 2014
BjR
"Not recommended"
Had to beg for towels, changed rooms once due to maintenance. Breakfast was store bought donuts. Furniture was broken. Sofa mattress was uncomfortable. Room dirty.
Other trip Jul 23, 2014
"Ask for a non-smoking room, that's what you expect"
We tried to stay at the Briarwood. When we checked in, the room was an obvious smoking room. Of course the hotel was full and no other rooms available. Clerk claimed Hotels dot com only requests certain amenities, not requires, so a non-smoking room was never guaranteed. Either way, this is baloney! Why click the box if you aren't going to get it? The very helpful clerk sent us to another hotel that was owned by the same owner. Unfortunately, that motel was a dump. The Briarwood seemed fine, just be some how sure to specify non-smoking if that's the type or room you want.
1 night romance trip Jul 19, 2014
E
"Easy to work locations"
Comfortable
2 night trip Jul 16, 2014
JK
"You barely get what you paid for"
Spacious room but very hard mattress. The hotel rooms need upgrading. Poor breakfast (coffee defrosted little donuts and muffins only}. Minimum channels program on old tube TV.
6 night family trip Jun 22, 2014
"In the ghetto"
Portland was unfortunately booked throughout the city and we were left with this "gem". The hotel is in a scary part of town. There were security cameras in the lobby and all hallways, the staff who checked us in were friendly but frazzled because the room lock system had failed. The gentleman who checked us out was not at all friendly or helpful, he was hesitant to give us 2 towels even after we explained we booked a room for four people and were only given two towels. The rooms appeared old and dirty, blankets had crust on them, the lock on the door appeared pulled off.
1 night family trip Jun 21, 2014
DF
"It was ok"
Front desk lady was really nice and super helpful. Room was ok. TV was placed on a table between sitting area and bed, older hotel but it was ok.
1 night trip Jun 20, 2014
"I would not recommend."
Let me just preface this with saying that the staff were very kind and friendly. That being said, this was one of the worst motels I've ever stayed in. There was a coffee maker, but no coffee or filters. The towels had gross looking brown spots on them. There were hairs around the bathroom, including in the bathtub. The wifi was out most of the time we were there. There was something like K-Y or petroleum jelly on the nightstand. They required that any guest you had sign in at the front desk and couldn't stay for more than an hour. The other guests yelled and slammed doors all night long. The walls were paper-thin and you could hear all conversations, etc. The room was also very loud due to the traffic on Powell.
Other trip Jun 9, 2014
"For The Price - Excellent"
This is a nicely run place. The management and reception are very friendly. I did not have have internet working in my room. The night manager moved me with 5 minutes to a room where the internet worked without fuss. It is a little close to the road so traffic noise was a small issue. I had a gentleman underneath me who gave a great impression of a foghorn till 3 am most nights - but ear plugs sorted him out. Overall, a really good hotel, as per usual other humanoids ruined it slightly to scale my mark to 7 out of ten.
4 night trip May 10, 2014
"Terrible"
Stained towels, smelly, filthy parking lot and weird policies about visitors. The kind of place you strip the bedclothes off and just use the sheets. Pictures missing from the walls (screw holes remain) and an ancient CRT television complete the picture. Wifi was OK.
Phil
"Very under secure hands"
Due too an unfortunate incident that caused me injuries and all forms of I.d., belongings stolen. I respectfully respected the night clerk for being very understanding. Yet following his obligation of his works rules. With no debate he already noted that he refunded the money. Even though he could completely have charged me. THANKS! !!!!
Other trip May 9, 2014
Grace
"Terrible"
This hotel was a pretty miserable place to stay. My first review wasn't allowed because I mentioned the specific price of the fee they charge you if anyone is seen visiting your room! It is ridiculous, to say the least. The room was unusually dirty for a hotel in this price range. Stained towels looked as if they were threadbare from the day purchased. Even found a short hair (if you get my drift) in my washcloth after unfolding it. TV was an ancient CRT so no chance of hooking it up for device streaming. Had to dodge a huge vomit (?) stain in the parking lot while I was there as well. Not the greatest neighborhood in Portland but I wish I had read the reviews more thoroughly. For a three star average this place was not what I expected.
Phil
"A motel in a questionable neighborhood."
First thing you notice when you check-in to the motel is that there exists several ethnic restaurants across the street. And adjacent to the said ethnic restaurants, there exists a gentlemen's club of questionable quality. The furniture is of decidedly low in quality and the bathroom sink actually is located right outside the bathroom. You truly get what you pay for at Briarwood Suites.
Other trip May 3, 2014
"Abysmal. Not staying again"
This place is not very pleasant. First off you get a lecture from the front desk about how if they even see someone visit your room it's a $50 charge. So they basically let you know they have problems with [hotels.com doesn't allow this word but it's the oldest profession] and they want their cut. It's close to 82nd so I'm not surprised. My parking spot had a giant two foot puke spot by the drivers door I had to step over the entire time I was there. The room felt scummy, pictures had been unscrewed and removed. The TV was an ancient CRT with no HDMI input. I found a very stubborn pube in the middle of the brown stain on my washcloth. All the towels were threadbare. The bed spread and under blanket had seen better days and probably none of them in a washer. I didn't take my socks off until I got into bed. At least the sheets were clean. The other amenities were fine (couch, fridge, desk, Wifi worked OK, etc.) I regularly stay at hotels in this price range and have reasonable expectations. This just fell way below those.
"The worst place ever"
The front desk guy shut off my room key to harass us. Tryed to charge me more for another adult when I booked for two. A cussed me of smoking pot in my room. This went on for 45mins. I would never stay there again
Other trip Apr 28, 2014
c
"Rundown and in need of modernization"
The hotel is in need of remodeling. The room furnishings are dated and dirty. Floors are not clean. There was a coffee maker but no coffee, filters, etc. Screens were off of the back window, laying on the ground. It was quiet.
Other trip Apr 22, 2014
"Worst staff ever the harress you"
The came to my room call me on the phone two seconds after I came in I left and stayed at a motel six and just didn't care to get a refund cause they can't even speak English
Other trip Apr 19, 2014
"DO NOT STAY HERE"
This was the worst hotel experience I have ever had. The refrigerator was broken so all the food I bought for my room I had to throw away. The room smelled sour from the refrigerator being broken. There were ants coming out of the heater. The man from the front desk over charged me by $50 and refused to give me a receipt. When it was check out time I was loading my car and the man from the front desk told me I needed to check out immediately. When I went to meet him in the lobby he told me I could go. Horrible experience.
2 night trip Apr 11, 2014
Electra Riley
"Close to public transportation & more."
This the second time I have come to Portland & stayed at Briarwood Suites, first for a week & then for a few days. The rooms are clean & comfortable & management is very nice. They also have a washer & dryer for guests to use. I would not hesitate to stay there again.
Other trip Apr 3, 2014
Lori
"never again!!!"
So i booked a room here last wknd for my husband's birthday, we had checked in and got our stuff to rm. Now we did have a few too our rm but that's why we got the 3 beds. Any ways, we have friends that live in Portland that we don't see cuz we don't live there, had them meet us at our rm so that we could go out, after just a cpl hrs at the bar next door, we go back to find that wet have been locked out of our rm and kick out for having guest im our rm. NO WHERE on there site or the lady i booked with let me know that that was the case. Had i known i wouldn't have stayed there been out $100. (Cuz you don't get ur money back) They were rude, would not talk to me when i went to find out what's going, just walked really fast in front of me to unlock my door and tell me i have ten mins to get off the property before he calls the cops. So again, we will NEVER stay there again and i don't recommend it to anyone. EVER!!!!!!!!
1 night trip with friends Mar 15, 2014
Mia
"Ok"
It was quiet. Not best neighborhood Bed springs were worn out and uncomfortable. The set up of the room was roomy and nice. Staff was friendly
Other trip Mar 10, 2014
"Not terrible for the price"
I chose this establishment for its location, near to where I needed to be. It is older & a little shabby; however my room was clean and the staff very pleasant. They do not however have in room coffee any longer. Worth the price. I would not hesitate to stay here again.
2 night trip Feb 28, 2014
"Could be better"
This is our third or fourth time at this place and things have gone downhill. There was no shampoo in the bathroom, the towels were so small and dirty looking. The couch sagged so much that sitting in it could give someone back pain. The bathtub is all stained. But I must say service of the staff was good and they were courteous and helpful to a degree. And what is the point of saying it comes with breakfast when they have nothing but stale doughnuts. Can't they have at least some milk or cereal?
9 night trip Feb 1, 2014
Anjali Rawat
"For the price, it's an excellent facility."
For the price, you get a much better deal than with most motels in the area. It's far cleaner and non-smoking rooms are truly non-smoking. In addition, there's more room and the beds as well as pillows are much more comfortable and of better quality. The mirrors around the room were a really nice addition too. The staff were very friendly as well. Talking to them felt almost like being at home. The only down-side was the breakfast. It was pretty disappointing. I was expecting the typical breakfast of eggs, toast or bagels, spreads, fruits and coffee. However, it was just boxes of store-bought donuts...
Other trip Feb 11, 2014
Amma
"very comfy"
This place was very comfortable and had a somewhat large room. I cant complain to much for the price really. I think there was some blood stains on the floor by the door thou. Other than that the room was pretty clean. The bed was very clean and no bed bugs or any bugs for that matter. I have stayed in way worse for more money. I would probably stay here again.
1 night trip Jan 25, 2014
"Paper Thin Walls on the Edge of Town"
Expedia said there was only one room left at the price and I did not see that the reservation only allowed 1 guest for the price.We just needed an inexpensive place to sleep for one night. Upon check-in I had to pay an extra $15 for my husband. I would have done better to look for another motel. It would have been nicer too. The motel was not full but the manager put all of the guests in rooms near each other. The walls were so thin you could hear EVERYTHING that other guests were doing.
Other trip Jan 28, 2014
"close to family"
room lacked coffee maker, but very spacious and quiet, close to shopping and restaurants, easy access to downtown
2 night trip Jan 18, 2014
"Very good value for the price"
All in all this is a very decent place. For those of you looking to pay country Motel 6 prices and get Hilton service you are going to complain anyway, but I have to say as a person who travels 3 months out of the year this place is just fine. It is not fancy, there is no valet but it is clean, reasonably priced, the rooms are large (nice during a long stay), it is in a decent neighborhood with bars, restaurants and stores nearby and the owner and staff are friendly. I stayed at Briarwood for over a week while house shopping and it worked perfectly.
7 night trip Jan 15, 2014
Drew
"Horrible"
Hordible
1 night business trip Jan 7, 2014
"really 3 calls!!!!"
I booked a room closer to work for the night, My work hours are late,so after returning I had my brother come by to drop some things off for me and we stayed for a couple hours sense we lost track of time. apparently this was after visitor hours/curfew which deemed 3 annoying phone calls from the front desk asking me if hes left yet. so much for quality time after a long night of work. should have stuck with my usual spot.
1 night trip Dec 18, 2013
swankymodes
"Economical motel with no frills"
I stayed here with my three newphews (10 yrs, 10 yrs old and 15 yr old) We stayed in Room 118. Very economical. I paid $54 for two queen beds. I wasn't expecting anything real great for the price and to be honest it was actually better than what I expected. The rooms are spacious. The beds are clean and comfortable. Low noise level. The decor is outdated but the room was mostly clean. The only negative thing I would have to say is that the room had a hideaway bed sofa and one of the my teenage nephews would rather have preferred sleeping there than with his aunt. When we pulled out the sleeper the mattress was badly stained and soiled. There were no extra sheets for the hideaway and when I went to the front desk to ask if we could have some sheets I was told that the maids have already gone home for the day and no I could not be given any extra sheets. There were also dirty towels under the sofa. The continental breakfast is very skimpy. When I went to check it out it appeared it consisted of coffee and doughnut holes.
1 night trip Dec 28, 2013
"Old hotel"
Showing its age, at least the room appeared clean. Breakfast consisted of bagels, OJ, and coffee. The staff was nice.
3 night trip Dec 17, 2013
Ratfeast
"Inexpensive, has seen better days."
Inexpensive, older hotel. About what I expected. Large room (called a suite) with separate area with sofa, table and chair, and TV. Sofa's upholstery was ripped, carpet was dirty (showed up on white socks). Room had small refrigerator and microwave. Hotel okay for two nights, but wouldn't want to spend much more time there.
Other trip Dec 1, 2013
"surprisingly good motel"
I was very concerned that I would find a bed bug infested room at this great price. My daughter had just this problem with Motel 6 down the road a few months ago. As it turn out the room was quite clean and the staff went out of their way to help with my wyfi. And made sure I was in a room away from party animals. I have stayed in 5 star and 4 star hotels so I couldn't rate this that high otherwise I maybe should have given it a better rating.
1 night trip Nov 20, 2013
Erik
"convenient, clean and economical"
We enjoyed our stay and the hotel staff were all very nice and helpful. The room was very clean and everything worked fine. The free breakfast was really a very simple continental breakfast option of toast, muffin or donuts, The price was one of the cheapest in Portland and it was super convenient to the Mt Tabor neighborhood where we were visiting family, so we were happy with our stay and would return. Plenty of restaurants and stores nearby for anything you might need. There is a Chinese restaurant next door that serves delicious and reasonably priced fresh seafood, When i say fresh, I mean crabs, lobster, prawns and fish in tanks for you to choose from, or do as I did, just order from the menu and not play God with who lives and who doesn't. Our prawns were super fresh and absolutely delicious.
1 night family trip Nov 3, 2013
"A long weekend in Portland"
The facility was clean and quiet. I wish, however, that the management took more pride in the details. Our blanket had several cigarette-made burns, the towels were small, thin, and definitely could have benefitted from some bleach (Stains are really a put-off!!) , the shampoo dispenser was empty. There was a heater/air conditioner under the window. The cover was off and tilted up against the curtains. When we asked at the office if there was a problem with it, we were told that it worked just fine (and it did) and not to worry about the cover being off.
Other trip Nov 4, 2013
"Same good service I have always had there"
I have stayed at briarwood many times when dealing with surgery out west. Staff has always been quite considerate and helpful. Night manager Ray and also Gary both great guys. Little out of the way for my doctor but I have come to feel secure at Briarwood and the local business are all familiar to me. Nice theater close by and lots of food places, Library with internet a short walk, number 9 Powel buss gets me right into downtown. So the little inconvenience of distance to me is well worth staying there.
3 night business trip Sep 18, 2013
"Rundown Hotel"
Needs general clean up and maintenance. Stairs were in disrepair. Grounds were dirty.
Other trip Sep 23, 2013
"Briarwood"
The Briarwood is in SE Portland so not the best part of town... The hotel does have some rules... IE any guests that you might have have to check in at the desk... But that is for the safety of the guests... The room was great the staff was helpful and it was very convienient for me.... I will stay there again.. PS the breakfast consists of coffee and very small donuts which worked fine for me just wanting coffee...
2 night trip Sep 6, 2013
"Worst ever"
Dirty rooms, was a weekly rent not what was advertised
Other trip Sep 9, 2013
"Convenient location"
The hotel was close to the bus line, so it was easy to get downtown and other places.There is good public transportation in Portland, so you can get around easily.There is lots to do & see downtown.
Other trip Aug 27, 2013
Janice
"Briarwood Suites"
The staff were very friendly. Room 225 very quiet. Not fancy, but clean. Continental breakfast could be improved. I would go back.
Other trip Aug 9, 2013
"My Stay"
The towels were threadbare and we got two towels for 3 people (all adults and paid extra for) even after going to get an extra the first night. The "breakfast" included with our room was coffee (no other beverage available) and a donut that was from a box and still slightly frozen. The location was in a bad part of town,though we requested one near the airport it was a 30 minute drive to get there.
Other trip Jul 23, 2013
Traci
"Surrounded by everything I like"
I really enjoyed staying at Briarwood. I had coffee directly across the street, great food next door to the coffee shop, and then relaxed at the great pub with outside smoking area half a block east in a small shopping center with a beer-wine-exotic smoke shop. The pub had the best BBQ pork ribs I've tased in many years. I only had two minor problems with the hotel - the TV didn't work and the telephones mounted instruction card was completely washed out unreadable. They tried to replace the TV but couldn't remove the security bolts retaining the old bad TV. I eventually got it to work by banging in it. Hey, stuff happens.
1 night trip Jul 13, 2013
"close to SE Portland OR"
Very clean and quiet room. Reasonable price at the last minute. would stay there again. 82nd ave kinda sketchy, though improving. this hotel quite a ways back in the 70s. Close to where I wanted to be. Nice guys. Easy Wireless pass word. Other guests well-mannered and quiet after midnight. Entry signage of parking lot could be less confusinnnnng!
Other trip Jul 10, 2013
Toes
"Awesome hotel service A+"
I would like to thank the staff about how nice and friendly they were with us. I would definitely stay their for my next visit to the area. Me and my wife would like to thank the person who helped us that night, you were awesome. Hope you guys are good and god bless.
Other trip Jul 5, 2013
Jose
"Comfortable motel"
The "breakfast" they supply was just packaged muffins. I had to ask for a second "key", even though they knew there were 2 of us, and I had to ask for the wifi password. There is no elevator, and if there is a pool, I was not able to find it. But the room was nice and clean (although the bottom sheet wasn't a fitted one, and wasn't tucked in) and we felt nice and safe.
Other trip Jul 1, 2013
"OK if you just need a place to shower and sleep."
If sleeping on a hotel mattress with only a threadbare sheet, no mattress pad underneath, creeps you out, this is not the place for you. Ugly worn furniture.
Other trip Jun 30, 2013