All hotels in Wilmington, North Carolina, United States of America
3901 Market St, Wilmington, NC, 28403, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9481

2.6
"Diamond in the rough"
At first glance I was concerned about what I had booked. It's a little "vintage" looking and this end of Market Street is slightly less "shiny." But the young man who checked me in was cheerful and helpful. The room was clean and the bedding was new. Housekeeping did a great job, and when I needed to add another night to my stay, my hotels.com rate was matched without question. When I told the manager that I was staying because I had another job interview, he said, "Good luck! People who stay here always find a job." He was right. My only slight disappointment was a very limited continental breakfast. But the coffee was good and the toaster worked. :)
3 night business trip Jul 7, 2014
Deb
"dirty!"
Our room was so dirty it was sickening. The walls, floors, surfaces...everything. We would have left instantly except there were no rooms available anywhere else because it was a holiday weekend. It was literally disgusting.
2 night trip Jul 5, 2014
Lou Fister
"Last Minute Ditch Effort"
Not the glamorous hotel to would hope but it worked in a pinch. Nothing has changed about this hotel since the early 80's and neither has the beds or sheets. Would advise trying a nearby Hampton Inn.
2 night trip with friends Jun 27, 2014
"Good for a quick night's stay"
We just wanted to explore downtown Wilmington, and this hotel was okay for a one night stay. Room was clean. Bathroom was clean. Short drive to downtown. Close enough to Carolina and Wrightsville beaches.
1 night business trip Jun 27, 2014
"Checked In and 5 minutes later we checked out."
We didn't stay more than 5 minutes, thankfully we were able to cancel out 3 nights stay. Hotel is very rundown and scary.
Other trip Jul 2, 2014
Alex
"close to downtown"
it was comfortable, liked it had smoking rooms, quiet.
3 night family trip Jun 27, 2014
"Adequate"
It's a faded 1970s motel. Didn't try breakfast buffet. Noisy parking lot party in the wee hours and hot water gone by 930am. Still, it's safe and convenient and the best price in Wilmington I could get. Would only return if on solo business trip.
1 night business trip Jun 28, 2014
"Great Service"
My wife and I had a few pleasant nights here. The folks are very friendly and willing to help how ever they can. We stayed a night when arriving to Wilmington and when leaving just to be somewhat close to the air port. For price of stay felt it was fair and would stay again
1 night trip Jun 26, 2014
Brent
Great deal for price!
1 night business trip Jun 18, 2014
"Good hotel if you're in town for a night"
This was a last minute booking for a Friday night. The hotel is in a convenient location. & the surrounding hotels aren't much better, except for maybe one or two. You certainly get what you pay for. But overall, I had a pleasant stay, with no disturbances.
Other trip Jun 16, 2014
Awkward
"close to everything you need"
It was a relaxing quiet time. I was disappointed that the pool wasnt open and it was memorial day weekend. But the room was clean and quiet. I traveled alone and I felt safe staying there which is always an issue. Would reccomend it for a quick short stay. Not a luxury hotel by no means but it served its purpose and was clean.
1 night trip May 29, 2014
karen
"Nasty!!!!"
Nasty place to stay. Dont make the same mistake i did.
2 night trip May 30, 2014
"Good Value"
We were looking for something cheep in Wilmington for 4 people and this fit the bill. This place was a good value considering it's location and that we stayed on a Friday night in season. Room was clean and the beds were comfy. Only knock is that there is no breakfast, but I can live with that.
Other trip Jun 2, 2014
"Good hotel for basic needs"
We had a clean, basic room with two queen beds. Everything incl AC was working fine.
2 night family trip May 24, 2014
Harold
very nice
3 night trip May 23, 2014
Pete
"Dirty bathroom."
Staff was friendly. Bathroom was dirty and was not cleaned (other than towels replaced) after I asked them to clean it. I wouldn't stay here again, low price or not unless changes were made.
2 night trip May 16, 2014
T
"Decent hotel for the price -in convenient location"
Room was clean but outdated. Bathroom had old fixtures, dark grout etc...old cigarette burns on floor and bedspread-in a nonsmoking room. It smelled fine. It was comfortably outfitted with a hair dryer, microwave, coffee maker and supplies, mini fridge, iron and board etcetera. Very convenient location on market street- five minutes to downtown and fifteen to Wrightsville Beach. We stayed for several days and the staff was fantastic. It's a perfectly good choice for a flexible family on a budget.
Other trip May 19, 2014
wendy
"rm 309"
Great stay. We will be back
3 night business trip May 11, 2014
Michael Dela Cruz
"Shabby but ok"
The parking lot was noisy, the dead-bolt didn't work, there was no tub stopper for taking a bath, there were lots of stains, the shower curtain was torn and the beds were pretty hard. I found the breakfast area by accident when checking out (closed door near but not in lobby) ~~ That said, the sheets, towels, pillows and even stain saturated carpets WERE clean and fresh smelling. The AC and fridge worked great. There was plenty of hot water. We got an ok night's sleep. ~~ I'd recommend for last-minute hotel needs only.
1 night trip May 9, 2014
Grad's Aunt & Nana
"pleasantly surprised"
The hotel staff was very nice. Room looked recently painted and clean. Good stay for the money--- my husband liked the coffee in breakfast room-just don't count breakfast as healthy for family-restuants on market street are a better choice-but for the price you can't havea clean room and good service is more important.
2 night family trip May 2, 2014
kelly
"not what ni expected."
roache,sheets were dirty,b ed frame dirty,room did not appear to be that on the internet.will not stay there any more.
Other trip Apr 2, 2014
"Room Description"
The beds were confortable. The bathroom was not very clean. The water was nice and hot. The toilet was not so clean. It had dust around it. The tv was dirty. The room looked as if it had not been detailed when cleaned. The breakfast area was very unorganized. The cereal was stale. They had cream cheese but no bagels. The staff, I only seen one person at check-in and one at check-out, was friendly. The other hotel guests were very loud outside. At 3 am they were out and about talking loud.
Other trip Mar 24, 2014
Kris
Nasty hotel don't go there!! There is a hotel that looks way cleaner half a mile down market st.
1 night trip Mar 14, 2014
Wes
"it was ok"
The shower was old looking. I would not have taken a shower there.
Other trip Mar 16, 2014
Stacy
"Blah"
You get what you pay for, which isn't much. Dirty carpet, thin blankets, outdated appliances. There was no wifi and the room was suppose to be non smoking, however the room smelled of cigarettes.
Other trip Mar 12, 2014
Bri
"recent stay 3/9/14"
I was unsure of staying at first but we thru hotels.com. This was the cheapest also it provided a free breakfast in the price. It was 20 bucks cheaper than days inn which is where we usually stay. The room we clean Staff was very nice. We chose this hotel based on price alone and it wasn't bad at all+++ good place for the excellent price-will stay again this summer
1 night trip Mar 8, 2014
Sherita
"Highly outdated"
Rooms are completely out of date. Carpets were stained, and comforters were stained. Locals were staying in the hotel and were coming and going at all hours of the night. Very noisy! Anytime a door would shut it rattles the walls. I booked this room online....as soon as I saw it in person I was wishing I could just cancel my reservation!!!!! Will never stay here again!
1 night trip Feb 22, 2014
Promise
"Very Disappointed"
I am a small business owner, and my employees travel a lot. We were given a room that quite honestly made me sick to my stomach. There was a huge brown stain on the mattress, 3 ft wide and mold forming on the edge of the bed and sheets. I was very surprised when the front desk staff was hesitant about providing us with a new room.
1 night trip Feb 5, 2014
TCG Builders
"just a room"
wifi was worthless. tv was old and barely worked. stains on bedspreads. clean sheets but that was is. never again
1 night business trip Jan 25, 2014
"Good for 1 nighters only"
Bathroom Tub was filthy ! Pillows had body odor ? Train goes by wakes u up every two hrs while your sleeping ? staff is nice
1 night business trip Jan 17, 2014
mickey
"Okay for one night"
It was fine for one night but I wouldn't suggest it for an extended stay. The room was okay and the shower a little questionable, but you get what you pay for. We were looking for a cheap place to crash after a night out drinking and it served it's purpose well. The staff was polite and friendly. I would probably stay there again.
1 night trip Jan 11, 2014
Chelsea
"Room clean but nothing else"
If you are looking for a clean room there can be no complaints, but do not expect any coffee or continental breakfast
1 night trip Jan 10, 2014
"Cheap but a few problems"
The guy at the desk was great. The hotel room was ok....pretty dirty. The bed had noticeable stains on the top sheets. It was a very old motel. But my biggest complaint were the iron turned on but wouldn't heat up. And the T.V. didn't work. Neither did the wireless internet. I was in the room just to sleep so I didn't care but you all need to fix these things, asap.
Other trip Jan 3, 2014
J.A.S.
"Overall amazing stay for the price"
I looked around for a cheap hotel, and this was the cheapest in the area. Given the price, I walked in not expecting much. Yet, I was pleasantly surprised by the room. It was spacious, and the beds were comfortable. The people at the front desk were very helpful, and made sure I had a good stay while there. There were hotels up to 3x more expensive than the one I stayed at. I used the saved money to rent a car, spend money on better dining, and have more freedom with the rest of my trip. Great stay for the price.
5 night business trip Dec 2, 2013
Sukhneet Singh
"It's OK"
My stay was OK. The hotel is definitely dated. Breakfast left a lot to be desired, I actually gave it a shot and then went to get breakfast out. However, there are many restaurants of all types and prices in the area. My room was clean, had a mini fridge, microwave, coffee pot, etc. It was less than 3 miles from my destination downtown. Hotel prices nearest my destination were 4-5 times the cost of this hotel. This was a good stay for travelers on a budget. I would stay again under the same circumstances.
1 night trip Nov 22, 2013
Hokie Joe
Very inexpensive hotel for a one night or very brief stay. Close to everything just don't expect 5 star accomodations.
Other trip Nov 13, 2013
"convenient over night stay for a small price"
The place was great, the room was great. Nice and clean and friendly staff. Woukd reccommend it to a friend. The only let down was the train had to blow its horn everytime it went past, which wasn't very often thankfully.
3 night trip Oct 30, 2013
Anne
"terrible hotel"
This was a very nasty place. There wasn't a decent breakfast The rooms weren't cleaned after we stayed A bug crawled across us as we slept Bad neighborhood Nothing good to ssy about this place. Hotels.com needs to down grade this hotel to poor
2 night business trip Oct 29, 2013
terrance
We stayed 2 nights. The mattress was old, lumpy and indented. They did not service our room after the first day and we tried to request clean towels, toiletries and coffee. They just provided us with towels. The room was scruffy and run down. I would not stay there again
2 night romance trip Oct 18, 2013
Deborah
"Cheap place for a Short Stay"
We were looking for a cheap place for the weekend, which is what we got. We appreciated the fridge/microwave availability and how close we were to everything. However, we couldn't quite get comfortable with the place. We could never get the stale air smell and feel out of the room. For a one-night stay, it provides the necessities. For a longer, more comfortable stay, you may want to something a little nicer. The only real problem we had was that our room keys kept stop working (yes, we kept them away from cell phones and credit cards... in fact we had them on the table away from everything), but the staff was helpful each time.
Other trip Oct 16, 2013
"Usable but not great."
This room was adequate for 1 night (which is all that I stayed). Has not been updated in 15-20 years. Cramped bathroom, older carpet (maybe clean?). People were friendly in front office. It is conveniently located on a main thorough fare in Wilmington, lots of food choices nearby.
1 night family trip Sep 29, 2013
Traveler
"It's allright."
Room was adequate, not far from the airport. Clerk was nice, even when I slept through checkout. (Alarm was set to central time)
1 night business trip Sep 28, 2013
"Its a basic hotel. Decent for the cheap price."
Not much to say. If you gan get a room for $50 - $60 then you get what you pay for a basic room for a cheap price.
Other trip Oct 1, 2013
Justin
"Wonderful night stay"
Staff was very kind and helpful. Overall look of hotel was more than what I was expecting but some updates needed. Room was very clean. Hotel right on Market st, bus stop in front and less than 10 min to downtown!! Very convenient and safe traveling as a single woman.
2 night trip Sep 19, 2013
"great value, clean, for the money!"
Nice helpful staff at the front desk. We had a service dog and they were very accommodating. The room was very clean. The decor was simple but very functional. The beds were comfortable. I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a safe, convenient and clean budget hotel for a few nights at Wrightsville Beach and Wilmington.
1 night trip Sep 14, 2013
L.
The WiFi really sucked,only worked outside.the room,or when you got closeto the lobby,which was really annoying when the hotel says all rooms have it .!! Owners.were nice people, the rooms were a bit out dated, but it was cheap and so it was ok really.
1 night trip Sep 11, 2013
pete
"Not bad for just sleep & go."
For a 2-star hotel, this wasn't bad. If you are looking for a cheap, clean room with shower, tv, refrigerator, coffee pot, and A/C, then this should work for you. The hotel is definitely dated, and the rooms are decorated with 1970's browns & tans, and the A/C is typically noisy. However, it served its purpose for a "sleep & go". We would stay there again.
1 night trip Sep 7, 2013
Motel 6 or Four Seasons, I just want a good deal.
"Nice motel,with a very nice staff near the center"
this is a very nice motel with a great staff.We stay here every year for our anniversary celebration.
Other trip Sep 7, 2013
"Convenient & Great Rates"
Reasonable rates and close enough to downtown and to the beaches.
2 night trip Aug 21, 2013
"Expensive"
It is still very expensive for what it offers. Should be OK for a $30 a night. No Internet, few TV Channels, very much outdated. If u only look for a place to sleep. Then it is OK.
1 night trip Aug 20, 2013