All hotels in Wilmington, North Carolina, United States of America

Poor vibe
    Bad breakfast
    Bad pool
    Bad amenities
"Would never recommend a howard johnson to ANYONE"
Room 106 at the market street facility in Wlilmington nc has BEDBUGS... I cannot think of any reason will to ever stay in a howard johnson again, anywhere; i would rather sleep in an airport or my car. A dumpster would have been more hygenic.
Response by Howard Johnson Express Inn - Wilmington
Hello Wayne, It is very concerning that you experienced such unfortunate discomfort in our hotel. Your concerns on the quality of clean and bugs present in the room you occupied is checked. It is truly sad that we failed to meet your exacting preference as we make certain rooms are well kept before releasing to guests for occupancy. I apologize for the inconvenience, thank you for staying at our hotel.
Other trip Jun 20, 2015
wayne
"Close to beach"
moved to cleaner room after complaints bathroom door hand prints
Response by Howard Johnson Express Inn - Wilmington
Hello p, Thank you for staying here at Howard Johnson Express Inn. I am glad that you were attended by our staff promptly and transferred you to another room when you called their attention. We appreciate the opportunity to serve you better and allowing us to ensure you were comfortable. We hope to see you again.
Other trip Jun 19, 2015
p
"Ew"
The front desk person was rude and spoke broken English. The room was also dirty and everything was very old and worn. My feet got filthy from walking around barefoot.
Response by Howard Johnson Express Inn - Wilmington
Hello Judy, Thank you for taking the time to call our attention on the quality of accommodation you received when you visited our hotel. Trust that this is escalated and will be addressed accordingly. We hope to see you again.
1 night romance trip Jun 12, 2015
Judy
"I didn't get room there"
I didn't stay there they were suppost to cancel.i went by there and cancel
Other trip Jun 15, 2015
"Reasonably priced hotel."
This is an adequate hotel. The staff is very nice. The hot water heater broke and we were without hot water for 1 1/2 days. We were able to use another room's shower, but that was awkward. But for the price, it was ok.
Response by Howard Johnson Express Inn - Wilmington
Dear Guest, Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel and I apologize for the inconvenience due to the major plumbing issue we experienced, we appreciate you bearing with us. I I hope you will allow us another chance to serve you better.
Other trip Jun 13, 2015
"Don't stay here"
6/11/15 I made the reservation online. The lady who checked me on was very nice but charged me for all three days at check in because I was using a debit card, when I got to my room the room was grimy the fridge was pulled out into the middle of the floor, there were what I think old blood stains on the wall and on the bedspread. The new place creeped me out and I got a bad feeling. I went straight back to the office and told the lady the couldn't stay there and she asked why? I told her and she said she wouldn't void the transaction which I think she did but that was Saturday it's now Thursday and the money still isn't bac in my account...
3 night family trip Jun 6, 2015
sherry
"Dirty Nasty place."
This place sucks. It's dirty and nasty.
Response by Howard Johnson Express Inn - Wilmington
Hello Curt, I would like to apologize on behalf of our entire team for failing to suffice your accommodation preference when you visited us. Your feedback is very important to us as we value your business and I assure you that this is will be addressed accordingly. Thank you for staying here at Howard Johnson Express Inn.
1 night business trip Jun 7, 2015
Curt
The rug was dirty and the room smelled like smoke, we did not stay there.
Other trip Jun 8, 2015
Lessie
"A great place to stay"
Great location, within close proximity of anything you could possibly want or need. Rates are comparable to other rooms in the area. Staff was very hospitable. Room was clean. Surroundings were quiet. Would definitely stay here again.
Response by Howard Johnson Express Inn - Wilmington
Thanks for your comments and compliments All the comments will pass to the staff . It will create a better environment to serve better to the guest Thanks again
3 night family trip May 21, 2015
Rachael
"Needs a serious remodel."
Very dirty. Has moldy smell. Paint peeling. Good location. But HJ needs to put serious money into this hotel.
Other trip May 25, 2015
mike
"Run Down Hotel"
Terrible condition. Dirty room, comforters had big stains, room was needing overhaul, new carpet, paint, fixtures, furniture, appliances, etc. Hotel looks like it has not been kept up since the 80s.
Other trip May 18, 2015
Marty
"Loftin review"
Terrible. AC unit was so loud I turned it off. Bathroom reeked of urine. Continental breakfast was pathetic. Would not recommend
Response by Howard Johnson Express Inn - Wilmington
Write your comment. Thank you for taking time and sharing your experience. Your less experience is matters to us and will focus on each and every issue. Please give us another chance to serve you better
1 night family trip May 15, 2015
Eldred
"old but clean- i would stay here again"
clean and did not stink. very old everything. not the most comfy, but ok. kinda expensive considering the surroundings and the age. but i was just glad to have a clean, non-smelly room.
Response by Howard Johnson Express Inn - Wilmington
Thank you for sharing your experience. Your comments and compliments will helpful to improve our guest experience. We hope you will return and experience much better.
1 night business trip May 15, 2015
The room smelled. The refrigerator was off and the a/c was excessively loud
Other trip May 14, 2015
"Dingy"
Nothing has been updated in this hotel in a very long time. OK, so one can deal with that. But the bathroom door was filthy with fingerprints, and that's not "updating". And the breakfast was pathetic.
Response by Howard Johnson Express Inn - Wilmington
Thank you for sharing your experience. It is our primary goal to satisfy the guest. We will focus on your comments and correct the issue. Please give another chance to serve you better
2 night family trip May 8, 2015
"Good stay for the money"
Convenient and great buy for the money!
Response by Howard Johnson Express Inn - Wilmington
Thank you for comments and compliments which give more strength to improve the quality service. Please visit again and serve you better
2 night business trip Apr 3, 2015
dave
Very pleased with my stay, room was clean,,,excellent customer service, felt secure.
Other trip May 6, 2015
Helen
"well worth the price"
In town mainly for a comedy festival @ Dead Crow Comedy Room; hotel fairly convenient to Water Street/ Front Street area; very clean; friendly staff; breakfast included
1 night trip Apr 16, 2015
JAMES
"Ok for the price"
The room was ok. Clean enough and comfortable. The "breakfast" was disappointing, just pastries and cereal. Overall it was not bad for the price and location.
Other trip Apr 24, 2015
"This place is not like any other Howard Johnson"
Bad part of town. Hard bed; pulled the sheets back there was spots and black bugs all over the sheets. Had to sleep on top of the bed spread.
1 night business trip Apr 20, 2015
"Not worth the money. Bad neighborhood"
found a needle and blood in the room. Sheets had tons of hairs. Front desk was attacked by a disabled man and police and ambulance came . I think this is a hotel where people come to so drugs and is close to the hood
3 night family trip Apr 9, 2015
"nice,room was a little old."
city had very heavy traffic most times of the day.
Other trip Apr 16, 2015
Bud & Judy
"Howard Johnson Express"
Overall the stay was good but nowhere worth what the room cost
1 night family trip Apr 9, 2015
Camellia
"Our 2nd Stay"
This is an older property, that could use some updates. With that being said: The rooms are large, and clean. Equipped with fridge & microwave. The wifi is great. There are no odors to contend with, there is no upstairs; therefore, no noise from overhead. The staff are some of the friendliest we encounter in our yearly travels! They are very accommodating, and always smiling. The surrounding area is fairly quiet with food nearby.
4 night business trip Apr 9, 2015
"N/a"
Continental breakfast, wifi access available, free parking, safe area in the community,
3 night business trip Apr 1, 2015
"Wasn't happy"
Stay ok rooms look nothing like pictures on line sorry I woukd stay here again
1 night business trip Mar 20, 2015
priscilla
"Part of vacation package"
Old not very good. Room needs lots of upgrading. Cheap wrinkled bedspreads. Old tube TV.
Response by Howard Johnson Express Inn - Wilmington
Thank you for taking time and sharing your experience during your stay. We will focus on every issue. We are working on and upgrading the rooms . Hope you will give us another chance to serve you better up to your expectation
Other trip Mar 19, 2015
jon
"nice!"
Staff was friendly and helpful.
1 night romance trip Feb 20, 2015
"Ordinary bargain-basement rooms"
You get what you pay for.
1 night trip with friends Mar 15, 2015
alex
"Rough but Reasonable"
Rough but reasonable.
1 night family trip Mar 12, 2015
"Good Value For the Money"
We stayed for a quick visit to Wilmington and Wrightsville Beach. This hotel was a convenient drive to both and was a good, basic hotel. The beds were comfortable, shower was hot and there was a good selection of basic cable channels. I did not make it to the continental breakfast, but it is offered. I should mention that the hotel is fairly close to railroad tracks and we were surprised by train whistles a few times. Not a big deal to us, but some people might be bothered. Overall, a clean, comfortable, basic hotel close to some great destinations!
Other trip Mar 14, 2015
"DIRTY, OUT DATED HOTEL."
The Hotel is DIRTY AND OUT DATED!! I was so surprised because Howard Johnson Hotel are known for being beautiful. The bathroom was sooo outdated and the tub was dirty.It was also a tiny bathroom.The commode was so close to the door. You would hit the door when you sat down. The doors in the room were dirty and the one in the bathroom had holes in it. The carpet was dirty and old. The television was an OLD one.When they made the bed it looked like a child had made it. I checked in for two days. When I saw the room I told the clerk that I wanted to check out the next day but they said if I did I would not get my money back for the second day. VERY UPSETTING.
2 night family trip Mar 7, 2015
Evelyn
"Very satisfied"
Very nice and friendly staff; comfortable and neat rooms
Other trip Feb 23, 2015
"You get what you pay for."
I needed something quick and cheap to surprise a friend. Upon entry it smelled like mildew and a huge bug was found in the heart system. The staff did remove the pest and the remaining time of my stay went well. The hotel is close to all shopping outlets, downtown attractions as well as nice restaurants. We enjoyed the five day stay. Especilly since the staff was so nice.
Response by Howard Johnson Express Inn - Wilmington
Thank you for taking time and sharing your experience. We are working hard to give utmost satisfaction to the guest. We will focus on the issue which you feel less. Hope you and your friends have enjoyed and will give another chance to serve you better
Other trip Feb 18, 2015
Geezgirl
"Smelly, dirty and not worth the money saved."
I had to shower with shoes on because the bathtub was absolutely disgusting, chipped, peeling and had a mysterious black and brown stain. Really gross. If I wasn't so exhausted, I would have left the minute I walked in. For an Xtra $15, I could have stayed at a decent, clean hotel. The water took 20 minutes to heat up and when I called the desk 3 times, no answer. I had to send my boyfriend down there to find him. Really bad experience.
Response by Howard Johnson Express Inn - Wilmington
Thank you for taking time and sharing your experience. Your comments will help in focusing the issue and try to correct the problem. Please give us another chance to serve you better.
Other trip Feb 12, 2015
gina
"Nice Motel - old,but had all we needed/nice beds"
Not overcrowded , so ask for a room away from others for quietness . We were happy .
Other trip Feb 2, 2015
"Cheap and clean. Accommodating staff."
A very basic hotel. But do not expect to take a bath. 4' tubs and they don't hold water. Showers are good. It was off season but the breakfast was pitiful. They were out of jam and cereal. Coffee was good and the best thing about breakfast.
Response by Howard Johnson Express Inn - Wilmington
Thank you for taking time and sharing your experience. We welcome the guest comments so that we can focus on the issue. We will try our best to correct the problem Please give us another chance to serve you better.
Other trip Jan 18, 2015
Valerie
"Horrible hotel"
Howard Johnsons should be ashamed to put their name on this hotel! This is by far the WORST hotel I have ever stayed at. Customer service was rude and room doesn't even come close to looking like the pictures online. This hotel was lost in a time warp from the 70's. Towels were nonabsorbant and stiff. The wood trim was falling off of the walls with nails sticking out. We had a joining room that had a power cord running across the doorway so tight that you had to unplug it to open the door. Rooms smelled like mildew. The outside of the building was rotting away from the bottom up. Water leak stains on the ceiling. Never again will I stay at a hotel like this again. Oh and not to mention they wanted to charge me $50 extra for a joining room! And they charged me $67 online when the advertised price $45 on the sign!
2 night family trip Dec 24, 2014
Regina
Staff very unfriendly and not accommodating at all
Other trip Dec 27, 2014
"Pretty good stay"
I stayed here numerous of times it's cheap and rooms are decent but the pass few times I got smoking rooms and this time I got nonsmoking and I was impressed by the room it was just a little more fancier but give this place a try I haven't had any problems
1 night romance trip Dec 12, 2014
S
Are stay with you was very good the beds were comfortable every thing worked in the room and when I had trouble logging in on my computer a person came to my room and helped me through the process, it was a very enjoyable stay.
3 night romance trip Oct 29, 2014
Alice
"musty spell"
musty spell, cold bathroom faucet was messed up, had yo ask complimentary, you get what you paid for I guess it was cheap
Other trip Oct 6, 2014
it was a fast
"Do not book this hotel!"
Did not stay. Room smelled moldy and bed linens were stained. Immediately checked out and requested a full refund.
Other trip Sep 21, 2014
"Poor choice"
After 2 nights of a 7 night stay, got a call at 7 am that there was a water problem and I would have to leave the room. Had to look for other arrangements immediately. The rooms are old, dank and not clean looking. Would never stay in this place if I had seen it first.
Other trip Sep 19, 2014
"Horrible"
Room was horrible. Roaches everywhere and it smelled horrible. If you stay here leave the lights on so the bugs stay away. Don't stay here. Roach larva in the remote for TV not cool.
3 night trip Sep 12, 2014
Mr. judd
"The worst place to stay in Wilmington"
Roaches in the room, the rooms were nasty and the bed were wore out... By far the worse experience I've ever had.. The staff tried to charge more then the price I booked for...
Other trip Sep 15, 2014
"Not worth it"
Stayed there from Monday-Friday 8-12 of September 2014. Terrible service, no internet, mediocre breakfast, no utensils in room. Can't expect much for $44 but for the future I'll spend extra $15 a night and stay at a better hotel.
3 night business trip Sep 8, 2014
Gabriel
"Mixed Feelings"
The motel was extremely dilapidated. Because of the dilapidation the room did not appear clean. I would expect to pay half of what I paid for the room in it's current shape but the area demands the higher price. I will find a different motel next time.
2 night trip Sep 5, 2014
"Terrible place to stay"
The staff was great, but the hotel room felt dirty
Other trip Sep 2, 2014
frantz
"Not bad"
We booked this hotel last minute and it really wasnt that bad...the beds were confortable enough and bathroom was clean as well as towels. Definitely not a 4 or 5 star hotel but worth the stay if u dont want to spend alot.
1 night business trip Aug 30, 2014