All hotels in Avon, Connecticut, United States of America
279 Avon Mountain Rd, Avon, CT, 06001, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Mediocre hotel in Avon, CT."
Totally mediocre. Rooms were damp and mildew. Front desk had no personality. When I told them about room, they just said "Sorry". That's it.
1 night trip with friends Jul 18, 2015
Needs updating. Sofa and chair faded and upholstery stained. Carpet should be cleaned or replaced. Breakfast minimum. Iron needs to be replaced.
5 night family trip Jul 13, 2015
Miriam
"Luxurious accommodations, very comfortable beds."
Luxurious accommodations, very comfortable feather topped beds! 1st Class, five star.
1 night romance trip Jul 7, 2015
"Perfect stay"
This hotel was beautiful inside and out. When we first walked in the door, the air smelled wonderful. Everything about this hotel is first class. The beds were extremely comfortable and the entire room was spotless. I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the area!
1 night family trip Jun 16, 2015
"Last Minute Disappointment and Scramble"
Hotel gave away our booking made in April for our June 26th trip. Made arrangements for a sister property to take us in but it was far from a Luxury King Room as originally booked.
2 night family trip Jun 26, 2015
Arthur
"A good night's sleep"
I have no complaints.
1 night business trip Jun 23, 2015
nyaze
"Nice, but in need of some remodeling"
Charming, but a little out dated. The rooms are starting to show wear.
1 night romance trip Jun 20, 2015
Have stayed here many times and always enjoy it.
2 night family trip May 1, 2015
Samuel
"Hotel great"
Hotel overall great No breakfast tho
1 night family trip May 1, 2015
stephen
The room is very large and comfortable. It is an easy access right off Rt44. They will give you 15% discount when you eat at the restaurant. It is very nice and reasonable.
Other trip Apr 25, 2015
"Fantastic"
I travel approx 150 days out of the year. This by far has to be one of the best hotels. Clean Friendly, room and bed comfort 100% plus. Fodd in the pub good quality for the price. Wine could costs a $1 less per glass.
Other trip Apr 19, 2015
Robb
"Most comfortable and homey hotel ever"
Fantastic beds, large comfy rooms, right temperature, great free coffee, fruit, crumpets, juices in the am, nice bathroom.
4 night family trip Apr 5, 2015
"Solo Stay...memorial service."
Great accommodations...price was good....Dogs barking in early evening...Noisy guests In hallway during night hours. (12-2:00 AM)
1 night trip Apr 11, 2015
"Nice motor hotel just over Avon Mountain"
We needed a place for a week while we played with our family in the Hartford area. Located just at the bottom of the hill over Avon Mountain, it was not very far from West Hartford and the University. Avon has a number of nice little restaurants in the area. They rented a mini-fridge for $5 a day which helped since the continental breakfast, nicely available from 5:30 AM until late in the morning, was mostly sweet breads or yogurt. Quite comfortable beds, two sinks in the bathroom area which helped with multiple people in our room.
Other trip Apr 12, 2015
Cris
"Lovely Hotel"
Beautiful hotel with lovely rooms and wonderful restaurant in suburban Hartford. We felt like we were staying in a bed and breakfast. Everything was perfect and highly recommmend to anyone staying in the area. Make sure to try the restaurant for dinner or lunch.
1 night family trip Mar 17, 2015
LeeAnn
Was there on business and for the short time I was there it was pleasant.
Other trip Mar 18, 2015
Great hotel I will be staying with them again , hopefully soon.
1 night trip with friends Mar 14, 2015
"Tried and True"
I have stayed at this hotel many times. I like it very much.
2 night family trip Mar 5, 2015
Samuel
"Disappointed..."
Not a "luxury" room by any means. Mattresses old and uncomfortable. Furniture showed wear. Expected far better rooms from the appearance of the lobby and building.
1 night romance trip Mar 7, 2015
"nice accomodations ruined by loud wedding party"
Nice hotel with comfortable rooms, good restaurant, and okay staff. We stayed one night and asked for a quiet room. The woman at the front desk assured us we had a quiet room far down the hall. What we didn't know at the time was we seemed to have been placed in the middle of a block of rooms for a wedding party. We were woken four times after midnight by loud, apparently drunk people talking and loitering in the hallway. Each time by the time we went to call the front desk, they had gone into their rooms. However, the damage was done, we were awake. This happened at 1am, 2:15am, 3am, and again around 4am. Maybe it was just our bad luck but if you decide to stay here, and I hear it's the best accomodations in Avon, then be sure to ask if there's a wedding party staying in the hotel and if so make sure you're far away from their rooms.
Other trip Mar 9, 2015
Rooms could use some updating but clean and comfortable. Tap room staff left a little but lacking on value/service.
Other trip Feb 11, 2015
Tiffany
"Great hotel."
Excellent service from outstanding staff. Very comfortable stay and also excellent restaurant.
Response by Avon Old Farms Hotel
On behalf of our hotel staff, I am writing to let you know how delighted we were to receive your kind words of praise on our hotel - from the rooms and staff to our restaurant neighbor Piccolo Arancio Good service depends upon people willing to give their very best at all times. That's why it's truly rewarding when a guest recognizes our staff’s efforts, and takes the time to say thank you. Again, let me thank you for your kind words. Sincerely, Jeffrey HB - General Manager
3 night family trip Jan 8, 2015
Carl
"Great experience"
It was a very nice hotel near by a mall. The hotel is very beautiful, and very well conserved. The staff is very friendly.
Response by Avon Old Farms Hotel
Thank you for taking the time to pass along your comments from your recent stay while visiting Avon Old Farms Hotel. We accommodate many guests each evening, and we strive to make their night's stay a satisfying one. The principal goal of our hotel is to provide dependable service to all of our guests at reasonable prices. But, it's only through their eyes that we can accurately assess the quality of the accommodations and services we provide. Again, let me thank you for your kind words. We're committed to total guest satisfaction, and we look forward to your next visit. Sincerely, Jeffrey HB
1 night business trip Jan 7, 2015
"Beautiful inn like hotel in Avon"
We stayed for two nights in adjoining rooms. The beds were lovely -ours a canopied king and our two adult children had beautiful queens. The staff was lovely and helpful. Overall it was a wonderful place to stay and I will return. The only negative was the restaurant. We returned from a funeral on New Year;s Eve and had a decent but not great dinner. On New Year;s Day we got back at 8:30. The kitchen was closing at 9. We ordered only to have one of items missing at the last moment. A substitution was made but came out poorly cooked. Our hambugers had frozen tomatos on them and the rolls were cold and not toasted. We requested an additional side and were told the kitchen was now closed. I realize it was a holiday but the food was horrible. The bar tender was very pleasant and helpful and did her best. But who ever was cooking should probably be fired for the poor attitude and poor performance. I know it was a holiday but that is the true test of a restaurant -to perform well in difficult circumstances.
Other trip Jan 3, 2015
"Great place to stay."
Staff was extremely pleasant, helpful and thoughtful. Restaurant was upper class but somewhat inconsistent in the quality of the food. The place was very picturesque. Bed was comfortable and location seemed to be pretty central.
6 night family trip Dec 23, 2014
"Friendly and Comfortable"
Comfortable Beds, Great service all around and Bar was opened till the time they said On Christmas Eve and Christmas night. The bartenders were great to there customers as I observed and very friendly staff all around.
2 night family trip Dec 24, 2014
michael
"joe from boston"
very nice but would stay at sister hotel in future
2 night business trip Dec 8, 2014
OUTSTANDING HOTEL SERVICE AND FRIENDLINESS
10 night trip Nov 22, 2014
RICHARD
"Needs some work"
This was for convenience for my son's wedding. I hated that the fan came on every time I turned on the bathroom light, rendering me deaf to anything anyone had to say. Also, the bathtub could not hold water even if I kept my heel pressed against it. (I needed to soak a sore hip.)Also, the mirror and TV should be reversed. Can't see TV from bed without obstruction.
1 night family trip Nov 21, 2014
"Nice hotel. Close to Hartford, yet on the west."
Good value, with country feel. Recommended for business and weekend outings.
Other trip Nov 21, 2014
Doc
"Great, with a little to be desired"
Everything was grand, except the heating system per room is from the 70's plus the windows let in lots of cold air.
1 night business trip Nov 17, 2014
"Fantastic room. Loved the layout and bed!"
Wasn't sure what to expect. Looked like a bed and breakfast on the internet. Turned out to be a beautiful place with a great look and comfy rooms that look like a bed and breakfast. Will definitely stay again!!
"Super !"
Beautiful grounds, cozy clean room, super friendly staff. Perfect.
1 night family trip Nov 15, 2014
Kathrine
"Visit grandbaby"
Was a good after we moved to the back side of hotel away from street noise. Wife is very lite sleeper.
5 night family trip Nov 5, 2014
Donald E
"Just fine."
Nice old comfortable hotel. I would have preferred blackout curtains or something. The sheer white don't cut it when your room is on the first floor by the parking lot.
1 night business trip Oct 29, 2014
"Very nice hotel"
Excellent People very nice Food was very good I would recommend to all
Other trip Oct 25, 2014
frank
"Disappointed...."
Never again! Whatever you do, don't let them put you in Room 138, or 139, or 140, or any of the first 20 rooms (closest to the Seasons restaurant). Late night partiers out front of Seasons...and your room...will keep you up until the wee hours, which only hurts because they make you sign an agreement when you check-in that you promise to be quiet after 10 PM !!!! Oh yeah, AND those same rooms are very musty (just old)...and I'm pretty sure Geo. Washington slept on our mattress. Way, way, way too mushy. Take a pass on this place.
2 night romance trip Oct 17, 2014
"Quite alright under the circumstances."
Very comfortable bed. Smallish room. Windows don't open and room heater/AC is dated.
1 night family trip Oct 11, 2014
Angus
"Not for those who are sensitive to noise"
Stayed here for 1 night on Columbus Day weekend because all other area hotels were booked. Room was attractive but walls are thin and you can here all conversations of those who pass in the hall. And I had requested a quiet room upon check in. They told me they couldnot give us a room in the back of the hotel. Traffic noise from Rt. 44 was also a bother. Continental breakfast in lobby was very skimpy....juice, coffee and danish. They are trying to get you to go to the restaurant for breakfast instead. In the morning light we discovered a cobweb hanging off the ceiling. Nearby hike to heublein tower on a clear morning makes it all worth it.
Other trip Oct 13, 2014
Carey
"Great hotel with great restaurant"
This is a great hotel for a large area outside Hartford to explore. Always consistent, clean, pleasant for pleasure or business. Having a good restaurant in hotel is a bonus as well!!
Other trip Oct 10, 2014
Business Travel
"Not what I expected."
The mattress was not very comfortable. The complimentary breakfast left much to be desired. The Hotel was very charming however and clean.
Other trip Oct 6, 2014
"Nice But Needs Updating"
The guy that checked me in was borderline rude. The rooms are nice and comfortable, but smelled damp and old. Carpet was old and worn.
1 night business trip Oct 1, 2014
Andre
"Well maintained - had a pleasant stay!"
Typical Colonial type construction and layout - the room was pretty clean and cozy. Would be better if they included a hot breakfast at their restaurant.
1 night business trip Sep 29, 2014
MAYANK
"Pleasant Surprise"
Very nice hotel. Rooms were very comfortable. Restaurant was excellent. Live piano music with dinner and Sunday brunch. Food was very good
Other trip Sep 30, 2014
"Everything wonderful, except the WiFi service"
I loved everything about this hotel, save one unfortunate drawback; their WiFi service is abominable. I was only able to connect to the net one day out of the four during my stay. Otherwise, the facilities are picturesque and charming. I appreciated their "green" efforts immensely, the food was wonderful in the restaurant and the staff was extremely helpful.
Other trip Sep 18, 2014
"charming New England hotel"
This is the fourth time I have stayed at this hotel. I obviously like it very much.
2 night trip Sep 6, 2014
Sam
My brother and his new wife came up from Florida. They married just over a year ago, but my brother had to start chemo and radiation so they did not have a honeymoon. My brother is doing well now and told us they were coming up to visit. Mom and I decided to give them the honeymoon they never had and we found the best price through Expedia. The room they stayed in was beautiful!!! They loved the plush bed and the large bathroom. We had plenty of time to spend with them but they also got to have plenty of time alone to enjoy the area where we grew up. He told us that his stay at Avon Old Farms Hotel was wonderful, and they couldn't have asked for a nicer more comfortable place to stay.
Other trip Sep 14, 2014
Sue
"Shabby and dated"
Our first room had a shade held together with houshold staples and chairs so filthy I wouldn't sit down; room number 2 had a shade below and arch top window so the well placed light on the sidewalk outside was shining like the lights of Broadway into the room all night. Room number 3 had slow running drains so the tub filled up as you showered. A disaster zone! Service at desk was condescending, and unpleasant.
3 night trip Sep 5, 2014
JLF
"Charming"
This hotel was very traditional in décor. The pool was nice and the restaurant is wonderful.
Other trip Sep 8, 2014