All hotels in Avon, Connecticut, United States of America
You can collect Welcome Rewards® nights here279 Avon Mountain Rd, Avon, CT, 06001, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Centrally located for my needs"
Very good. Only knock was insufficient staff in restaurant.
5 night trip Jul 17, 2014
"3 Day Stay"
Staff and service were very friendly and efficient. I would recommend the hotel to anyone who needs to be in the west Hartford area.
3 night trip Jul 16, 2014
D. Watts
"Featherbed"
I have a severe allergy to feathers. Avon Old Farms keeps the feather mattress cover in place even in July. I asked the front desk to remove it. He said that he was the ONLY ONE IN THE HOTEL and therefore couldn't send someone to help. He finally came and got started removing it. Then decided that it wasn't worth it and brought me back to the front desk to see if any rooms didn't have the feather cover. There were no available rooms. So, I asked for a refund. He said since I used hotels.com that they would have to refund it. I left crying without a room at 10:30 at night because Avon Old Farms Inn couldn't take feathers out of a room. I grew up in that area and this used to be known as the best hotel in the area. I was so disappointed in their customer service. Hotels.com gave me a voucher for some money, but Avon Old Farms Inn would not do a refund because they had to clean the room (I had used the soap and towel).
1 night business trip Jul 17, 2014
Christina
"Lovely Getaway Weekend"
It was great. Half-hour to the convention in Hartford, lovely quiet country setting to come home to at the end of the day. Very nice accomodations, comfortable colonial looking interior. Furniture is a little worn in places but very charming. Room was excellent. Food was good and restaurant service was very nice. Pool by the pines was also nice. Two weddings over the weekend on site - lovely place. Remeber to try Foster's ice cream down the street...awesome.
3 night romance trip Jul 17, 2014
stayed a week; clean enough; nothing fancy;good desserts in morn
Other trip Jul 17, 2014
"Great relaxing stay"
Wonderful stay! The only thing that left a little to be desired was the continental breakfast.
1 night trip Jul 9, 2014
"A Nice Hotel"
The staff is very friendly. Although the decor is dated a very clean comfortable room. Wi-fi is slow however you can get a device that will boost the signal from the front desk. I would recommend this hotel.
7 night trip Jul 2, 2014
"Overnight"
The hotel was beautiful. Staff very accommodating. Room was nicely appointed, clean and spacious. The restaurant was too notch. It was my first stay at Abon Old Farms but won't be my last.
Other trip Jul 10, 2014
Hotel was very clean and roomy. Staff was friendly and responsive. Will stay there again!
6 night business trip Jun 29, 2014
Robin
"Happy with my choice!"
Baseball trip with my son held at Univ Hartford. Very happy I chose west side and not downtown or east side! 10 minute drive to campus. 10 minutes from West Hartford.. beautiful town.
2 night trip Jun 24, 2014
JB
"Pleasant"
Nice older hotel in a small town outside Hartford. Green surroundings( a couple of state parks nearby. Very helpful staff. Will stay here again.
2 night business trip Jun 27, 2014
"pleasant environment"
I would suggest changing the carpet in the rooms ( very dirty) and repairing the window mechanism, all in all probably a good update would not hurt...!!! it is awkward set up as one cannot see the TV from the bed due to the posts...!? otherwise it is a very nice pleasant place
Other trip Jun 30, 2014
Levy
"Very comfortable and reasonable"
Terrific place to stay. Setting is lovely. Restaurant and bar are very nice. Housekeeping did not adequately clean the room before my arrival, however.
Other trip Jun 28, 2014
"Needs a refresh"
It's time for the owners to replace mattresses, and most certainly the carpet. If the hotel has to put fragrance jars through out the halls and rooms that should tell you something....sorry but, I am sure that management is aware of this.
1 night family trip Jun 25, 2014
Time 4U2 Fly
"Nice hotel in a nice town."
The staff was friendly and helpful. There is a nice little gym. We liked the town. The rooms were clean and the beds were comfortable.
Other trip Jun 27, 2014
Pam
the complimentary breakfast was a joke.
1 night trip Jun 23, 2014
"Mattress as old as the hotel."
I reserved a double bed room and was given a king bed room. I was given a second room. At 11pm at night we just needed to go to sleep. My son hopped in one of the beds and the mattress sunk in the middle where it was obvious his head and feet were must higher than his mid section. Keep in mind this boy does not have an ounce of fat on him. If he moved a little the head board banged on the wall. I would never recommend this hotel to anyone. Friends in two different rooms never received their wake up call which caused them problems in the morning.
1 night business trip Jun 23, 2014
Theresa
Wish rooms were more luxurious. Room service was the best.
4 night trip Jun 18, 2014
Susan Mason
"Tired and old"
I stayed in the "motel" part of the hotel. It was older and very tired. Central air would be a big bonus; I woke up with a sore throat each morning from the air blowing directly on me. You cannot turn on the light in the bathroom without turning on the fan. The fan was so loud it gave me headaches.
Other trip Jun 25, 2014
Anne
"Good value. Relaxed atmosphere"
Nice inn in small historic town outside Hartford. Near good fishing waters. Nice pool located next hotel rooms, nestled in front of trees. Room service style food available at pool from hotel restaurant, including alcoholic beverages. Hotel restaurant very nice. Room was a bit dated, but clean. Room had only plastic glasses and paper cups for very bad coffee. Only one ice machine working in our building. Continental breakfast included only sweet pastry and breads. Having said this it was a very good value. I would recommend and return!
Other trip Jun 25, 2014
robin
"Beautiful New England hotel"
I should have known by the incredible bargain that something was up. The website shows a beautiful hotel with gorgeous grounds, but our room was in the "motel annex." It felt like my grandmother's basement: kinda musty, toile wallpaper, dresser drawers that stuck, tiny bathroom, old pillow top, the whole thing. The free breakfast was not worth it. The clerk was overwhelmed the night we checked in, so we didn't get a proper introduction the otherwise lovely property. The pool and grounds were really beautiful and very well cared for, so we enjoyed all the time we were out of the room. There was some sort of outside function every day we were there, so this hotel is certainly respected in the area, but I got the impression the hotel and staff have seen brighter days.
Other trip Jun 24, 2014
"Adequate Amenities, Indifferent Service"
I booked this hotel since I had an early meeting in the Hartford area and Hartford is not the best area. I arrived later in the evening after a long day of business related activities. The front desk provided my room and sent me along my way. However, once I reached my room, instead of the king sized bed I had reserved, there were two double beds (too firm for my taste). I called the front desk to ask why I was not given the room I was booked and they were not helpful or friendly. They seemed disinterested in helping me and really could not have cared less that I had booked and paid for a more expensive room, but was bait and switched. One more tip: the "super luxury" room means that it has an iPod dock (which has the outdated connector).
1 night business trip Jun 17, 2014
"Beds are amazingly comfortable!"
The beds in our room were so comfortable that we immediately fell asleep. The room was well kept. The tv is an older tube tv which was odd since the rate seemed to imply new electronics in the room. The shower was also old and had a broken drain. Therefore the shower would fill with water while showering and I was standing in a foot of water after 5 minutes.
Other trip Jun 11, 2014
"nice old world hotel, well maintained"
pleasant environment, very nice restaurant, a bit slow service but very good food
Other trip Jun 9, 2014
Levy
"So nice"
I think everything that needs to be said has been said before. It's very nice, wifi speed is quick enough, etc...I think the only thing I can think of that it might need is a mini-fridge and microwave. I know there is room service, but no one really wants to spend that kind of money if you are just thirsty.
5 night business trip Jun 1, 2014
"Repeat visitors"
Overall, this is still a pleasant, comfortable place to stay. That said, there are some cracks in the facade that need attending to. Some of the hallway areas are looking a bit worn and some of the staff interactions were not what I would have expected from what has been a fine, well-established family-run concern. On a happier note, the food is still fresh, fine, and well-presented and the chambermaid staff still friendly and efficient.
5 night trip May 24, 2014
Peggy L
"Nice place to stay"
Nice, however the pictures online are a little misleading. The large spiral staircase was in the hotel, but I did not see it until I walked from my detached room in the other building, which was across from the main entrance, the entrance I used to check in. I used the staircase to make my way into the small workout room, that also looked a lot larger on the website. Also online, was the beautiful garden area, which we had to drive up and around to the back of the hotel to find. (unkept grass and all) I don't know how to put it into words, what was on the website was actually there, the site just presented it in kind of a misleading way. Now, with all that being said, the room was nice, the hotel staff was pleasant and for the one night it was ok.
Other trip May 25, 2014
Excellent accomodations, friendly staff, Coffee and Pasteries in lobby
Other trip May 13, 2014
"University of Hartford visit"
Upon checking in, we found that we were staying in the detached section of the hotel. I was somewhat disappointed with this room. It seemed dated and somewhat dirty and it was not anything like the pictures on the website. The heater would not work so I went to the front desk to let them know of the situation. The desk clerk was a very helpful gentlemen and he immediately moved us to a room in the main hotel. This room was exactly as the pictures were shown on the website. The service was super. The shuttle driver was extremely friendly and helpful.
Other trip May 12, 2014
Cathy
"Not as great as the pictures"
While the grounds are pretty, the rooms themselves were very disappointing. Old school in a bad way. Also tried to get breakfast to the room but they never picked up the order.
Other trip May 12, 2014
Lexy
"Bar"
Great restaurant and bar in site. Was able to score a room opposite Rt10&44. Short drive to Hartford.
1 night business trip May 6, 2014
Calvin
"Quick Business Trip"
I had stayed before in the late fall and was in the main part of the hotel. This reservation had me in the old section and the room was stuffy and without A/C. Because of the stuffy air and the lack of A/C I was uncomfortable and did not sleep well. I would not accept a room in this section if I came back. The internet was also slow.
2 night business trip May 6, 2014
JC
"conveniant location to big city, or country"
I speant a little extra money for what I thought would be a better room, didn't seem to be worth the extra, the room was neat and clean, but seemed like just another hotel room, will get a standard room next time
1 night romance trip May 9, 2014
Wayne
"Visiting friends in Hartford."
There was a stranger's hair in the bed.
2 night trip with friends May 2, 2014
"Nice proper "hotel" in pretty gardens"
Very helpful and friendly staff, good sized rooms. A little dated but clean and comfortable. I've stayed four times now and really like it here. It has a great atmosphere and is very traditional.
Other trip May 7, 2014
"New England find"
Lovely New England mahogany furnishings, first rate restaurant, friendly staff, what more could you want? Plenty of drawer space and close to Avon and West Hartford.
Other trip May 5, 2014
Pat
"Awesome getaway !"
I "kidnapped" my husband and took him to the Avon Old Farm Hotel in Avon, Connecticut. He loved it ... and so did I ! It was our first visit, and we hope to return someday. Our room was lovely - complete with canopy bed and all the comforts of home. The only negative thing I would add, is that we heard every door shut the following morning. So I tried to quietly close our door when we left our room, and it was impossible. The door mechanisms do not allow for a quiet closing. Our breakfast in the hotel restaurant was outstanding. My husband and I both enjoyed a very relaxing and delicious breakfast, served promptly. Again, it was a splendid visit at this hotel, and the room rate was reasonable.
Other trip May 1, 2014
Patsy
"Go for the Real Thing"
I've stayed many times at Avon Old Farms and always enjoy the accommodations. This time I went for the economy room, and I didn't feel quite as safe as I do when my room opens onto a hotel coordinator rather than out to the parking lot. Rooms that aren't within the hotel proper should have better locks on the doors. The room rates are quite reasonable, so I recommend skipping economy. And enjoy the fabulous art work in the hotel corridors!
2 night business trip Apr 8, 2014
"Hartford University Delta Gamma Parent's Day"
Came up to Hartford for our daughter's sorority parents day. Had an enjoyable time and the room was very nice. My wife and younger daughter loved everything about the hotel.
1 night business trip Apr 6, 2014
David Sener
"In the style of an old New England hotel"
Even though this hotel is fairly new, it evokes the style of an old New England hotel. I like the nice reproduction Early American furniture, the framed old "Found Father" prints and watercolors of Connecticut towns on the walls. Both restaurants were also nice, and I liked being able to dine in the hotel.
2 night business trip Mar 28, 2014
Sam
Excellent facilities and staff.
3 night trip with friends Mar 28, 2014
The heating/air conditioning unit was very noisy and prevented me from getting a good night sleep. Service was non existent. No complimentary breakfast was offered as was at other locations during our travel.
1 night trip Mar 24, 2014
Maisie
"Nice old establishment..."
Maybe living on their laurels, This place needs redo. Windows that can't block the parking lot lights, standing in 6 inches of water in shower, shower heads leaking...
Other trip Apr 1, 2014
rtmcintyre3
"A nice hotel in the Old New England style"
Even though the hotel is relatively new, it has the charm of an old style New England hotel. I liked the furnishing, and the framed old "founding father" prints on the walls combined with watercolors of nearby Connecticut towns. Both restaurants were also very nice. The room was a nice size, with a large bathroom. The bed was comfortable, with nice armchairs.
2 night business trip Mar 28, 2014
Sam
Bed was uncomfortable. Poor pillow top that would not stay in place.
5 night family trip Mar 20, 2014
"Quaint and pleasant stay"
This hotel was nicely maintained but some of the furniture was outdated and the more expensive rooms arent really necessary. However be sure to request one in the main building. The breakfast was wonderful and moderately priced. I would stay here again if needed.
1 night family trip Mar 23, 2014
"Nice hotel well-situated"
In a two-night stay, the first night was very quiet and we felt like it was our private hideaway. The second night there were many more guests and it was not quite as quiet, but still peaceful. The bed was very comfortable and we figured out the thermostat on the heat/ac unit by the middle of the first night, so the temperature was perfect for the rest of our visit. One of us had work to do, so the desk was put to use but so were the easy chairs. We had a great time at Avon Old Farm Hotel.
Other trip Mar 10, 2014
Liz
"Avon Old Farms"
Great experience
1 night business trip Feb 21, 2014
"Good Hotel"
The Hotel was very comfortable and the food and the bar were quite nice. All in all it was a good place to stay and a nice break from the usual.
1 night trip Jan 27, 2014
"Convient to stay after a wedding event on site"
Work out area dated, equipment broken Bathroom in need of repair and update Air diffusers placed everywhere ? What smell trying to cover up Hotel overall needs update
Other trip Feb 2, 2014