All hotels in Wilmington, North Carolina, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here160 Van Campen Blvd, Wilmington, NC, 28403, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9222

Hotel seemed nice overall. However, I found a very large bug, what honestly looked like a cockroach, crawling off my bed. Called the front desk immediately and they showed absolutely no concern. The guy said he would have the general manager contact me, but no one even bothered to get back to me about the incident.
2 night trip May 4, 2014
"Just a few observations - overall a great stay"
The room I was staying in (Room 533) had a blue blanket that was badly stained.
Other trip May 9, 2014
DeBe
"Great place Close to ILM and university."
Clean, quiet and friendly staff. Easy to get to and close to several restaurants. AM breakfast typical and well cared for.
Other trip May 2, 2014
"Pleased, would stay again"
Front desk staff were very friendly, great breakfast variety, quiet, comfortable bed. Would stay there again!
1 night trip with friends Apr 26, 2014
Kim N
"Great hotel with a few maintenance issues."
This hotel was very nice and clean and close to many restaurants and a short drive to downtown Wilmington and U.S.S. North Carolina. Hotel staff was very friendly. Continental breakfast was really good with ample seating and open for four hours each day we were there. Breakfast staff kept food items well-stocked. Some of the tables in the breakfast area were too high for the low chairs, which made it difficult to eat or read newspaper on them. Exterior door near laundry room didn't work properly (wouldn't let guests enter building after using pool).
Other trip Apr 28, 2014
Jack
"Had a good experience."
The staff was friendly and helpful. The room was clean and spacious.
Other trip Apr 17, 2014
"Great hotel, nice location"
Located very close to market st... it's only about a 10 minute drive to downtown (if you hit a lot of lights). The drain was clogged in the shower when we arrived, but we only stayed overnight, so it wasn't a huge deal. We didn't bother the maintenance people about it.
1 night trip Apr 3, 2014
"Nice hotel close to uncw."
Everything was nice overall. The hotel was within walking distance to a Wal-Mart and a few restaurants including a cracker barrel. The staff was polite in general and offered to me an early check in. I was asked to call back in ten minutes when I called to ask about an early check in. This was particularly frustrating considering I was driving around in traffic and wanted to know whether I should head to the hotel or a separate destination. Also we experienced a loss of power for a few hours but I believe that was due to a larger concern with the city power. Overall I'd visit this location again. It was worth it for the price.
Other trip Apr 7, 2014
"Clean, convenient to downtown a and the beach."
We had a great time. The kids loved the gym. There was plenty to do close by.
Other trip Mar 31, 2014
Dawnaly
"Great for a one night stay."
Stayed after a long day of traveling up the coast and I decided to stay here. The room was pretty good and the beds were comfortable. Customer service was welcoming. Also, I decided to see if there was anywhere to drink and there was a Carolina Ale House within walking distance of the hotel. For the price, it is well worth it!
1 night trip Mar 22, 2014
Andre S.
"Great value. Good location"
Enjoyed the hotel very much. Staff was very personable. Good location. Enjoyable breakfast buffet.
2 night trip Mar 7, 2014
Eli
"Super great staff"
Everyone had a kind greeting when met in the hallway or lobby. The folks behind the counter were very accommodating. Coffee in the morning was good and the breakfast fine as well. Would definitely stay here again.
Other trip Feb 16, 2014
"Good for the price"
My boyfriend and I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights while visiting family. Location was fine, but not that great. Bed was described as pillowtop but didn't feel like it and the pillows themselves were small and had no support to them (good thing I always bring my own). Overall it was a fine stay.
2 night family trip Dec 28, 2013
"lots of great resturants"
The suite was a little small, but still nice.
2 night trip Nov 15, 2013
"Convenient in Wilmington"
Check in was easy, and the staff was courteous. When I needed an extra toothbrush, the staff brought one right up. The location is convenient - not right downtown, but close to the interstate. They gym has just a few pieces of equipment, but they worked, and the outdoor pool looks like a nice perk for warmer weather. Breakfast was just fine. Nothing fancy, but there were hot and cold options as well as fruit and a variety of breakfast beverages available.
1 night business trip Nov 14, 2013
Chandra T.
okay
2 night romance trip Nov 8, 2013
Friendly staff, hotel could do with a bit of a face-lift, but easy to get to both beaches and downtown, good value for the money
1 night family trip Oct 22, 2013
"Dirty carpet"
Prepared resv thru expedia and then hotel billed my credit card. Terrible experience
Other trip Oct 28, 2013
"Nice Hotel close to the beach."
Great experience - Staff was very nice and breakfast was very good. Enjoyed our stay.
Other trip Oct 25, 2013
"Weekend Getaway"
Came in for a 3 day weekend. We had trouble with the swipe keys all weekend long, and at one point found our door did not latch when we closed the door. Overall it was fine, we reported our issues to the front desk and were much more careful about making sure the door latched when we pulled it closed. The room was comfortable, and we had a great weekend!
2 night trip with friends Oct 18, 2013
"Near UNCW"
Excellent breakfast with a pancake making machine. Reasonably clean, quiet and comfortable -- if you are visiting the campus, I'd recommend this hotel...
2 night trip Oct 12, 2013
"Close to UNCW"
Convenient but old..Location is only a few minutes to UNCW with lots of reliable restaurants nearby. Not sure how old the property is but not the usual standards on HI express and suites.
Other trip Sep 23, 2013
j
"Good location...very dated"
Needs an updating. Could not get air conditioning to work real well Staff nice
Other trip Sep 23, 2013
"Stop before the stop"
We started our trip a day earlier than planned. Booked room on the road. Hotel was clean, staff was friendly and breakfast was tasty. Everything was like new.
1 night trip Sep 13, 2013
Duane
"NICE HOTEL CLOSE TO GOOD EATING PLACES (BONE FISH)"
JUST WANTED TO DO SOME SHOPPING AND R AND R I'M NOT AN AUTHOR
Other trip Sep 6, 2013
Very nice
1 night family trip Aug 31, 2013
Cary
"Nice way to spend your anniversary."
My wife and i were both impressed by the room the service and the cleanliness of the facility. Only glitch the computer system locked our keycards out twice but it was a minor thing and the staff quickly resolved the situation.
3 night trip Aug 30, 2013
"Not a great nights rest"
First thing I was waken at 4 am by the air unit sounding like it was going to take off and fly out the window. I turned if off so then the room got hot. Then at 830 am I hear banging and drilling above me. Turns out they were remolding, which i was not told at check in. Not a great night sleep.
Other trip Sep 4, 2013
"Great place to stay."
Great breakfast,Close to everything....Staff was very friendly.
Other trip Aug 21, 2013
"Great Hotel with Awesome Breakfast"
I stayed at this hotel to go surfing at Wrightsville Beach. It's less than a 15 min drive and way cheaper than staying anywhere close to the beach. A plus is that it's a quick cab ride downtown at night. I surfed at the beach all day then went out at night. I had a great time and would totally plan another Wrightsville surfing trip at this hotel. They have an awesome breakfast in the morning as well. I ate a ton in the morning so I would have energy to surf all day without having to go eat lunch. I snagged a couple bananas they had set out and took them to the beach with me, along with a Clif Bar and some granola and had plenty of energy for 5 hours worth of surfing/bodyboarding. Only paid for one meal a day. Cha-ching!
Other trip Aug 11, 2013
Justin
The staff at this hotel was outstanding in every respect. Cleanliness was well above what we expected and friendliness was great. No complaints - we expect to stay there again whenever we are in the area.
2 night trip Aug 5, 2013
Our stay was just terrific. The hotel was clean and comfortable, and the staff was incredibly helpful and friendly. There wasn't much around the hotel, but that is the case with many hotels in Wilmington. It is not a bad reflection on the hotel. We will stay at the this hotel next time we are in Wilmington.
2 night trip Jul 30, 2013
"Close to UNC-W"
Typical Holiday Inn Express; nothing fancy; comfortable room and convenient location. Short drive (5 miles) to Wrightsville Beach. Close by shopping and several restaurants. Free breakfast was okay but not much to brag about.
Other trip Aug 3, 2013
Jan
"Not a good experience!"
Upon returning from the beach at 5:00 pm, my room was not clean: no towels, no soap, no toiletries, bed was not done. I called the frontdesk and they promised to send somebody to clean. My wife and I left for dinner and returned about 9:00 pm and found a vaccum cleaner on the floor, the bed was not done yet,all the dirty linen was on the floor and a bunch of cleaning towels on top of the cabinet. We got some towels but no soap or toiletries. After calling the frontdesk, somebody came to pick up the vaccum cleaner and the rest of the junk and told us that they have asked the houskeeper to come and clean my room but she replied that "she was too busy". We have stayed in many hotels around the world and never experienced this situation.I spoke to the management the following day and they promised to take action
Other trip Jul 31, 2013
Rolando
"15 minutes from beach and battleship"
Everyone was so friendly and professional. The staff working the continental breakfast bar was efficient. The food was always fresh and well supplied.
2 night trip Jul 19, 2013
"Convenient to UNC-W and surrounding areas"
Excellent service!
3 night trip Jul 18, 2013
Great place. Rooms are in good shape, location is convenient . We like the suite layout. Kids get a pullout and thier own room, Mom and Dad get a king bed and thier own room but were all together.
1 night family trip Jul 13, 2013
Staff was especially nice and the facility as a whole was very clean. A man who was cleaning was very nice to speak with my kids and tell them about the pool... Just being very kind.
1 night trip Jul 11, 2013
Becky
"Ghetto"
Very ghetto! Stay away
1 night family trip Jun 15, 2013
"Nice distanc between the Cotton Mill and the Beach"
The room was comfortable and clean. I enjoyed the breakfast. It was a little confusing on how to exit the hotel, on one street there is only the option of a right hand turn but there is another street as an alternative. I liked being 15 minutes from the historical section as well as approx 15 minutes from Wrightsville Beach.
2 night trip Jun 19, 2013
"Ehhh.."
Everything was good except, the bed. The bed was so used it had a huge dip in the middle of it to where it felt like I was laying at an angle. I got 2 hours of sleep. My friend that was with me also got hardly any sleep due to the bed and noise of people from the pool.
Other trip Jun 24, 2013
Megan
"Hotel condition needs attention"
Starting with the complaints. The bed was broken. We arrived late and tired for a one night stay. As soon as we got into bed, we noticed the bed sagged in the center. Moving around, you could hear the sound of splintered wood. My wife wanted to change rooms but, they were sold out and I said it will be ok. It wasn't. Horrible nights sleep. I reported it the following morning and the desk clerk said they would immediately put in a maintenance request. Room number sign was missing. Breakfast was adequate... hot and did not run out even though we came down late but, average in quality compared to some other 2.5 star hotels I've stayed. Hotel was reasonably clean but has slipped from when we stayed here 2 years ago.
1 night trip Jun 8, 2013
Sam
"Good, but not that Impressive!"
The room was clean, but it was outdated. The hotel staff was very nice, but not that efficient. The refrigerator was turned down too low, I asked the front desk for help and they said they were sending someone, but no one ever came. I asked for extra bath gel and after about an hour I had to call back and remind them. The best thing about the stay was the breakfast, it was the only thing that was very impressive. Overall it was pretty good, but not that impressive for the price.
Other trip Jun 17, 2013
"Good stay for something quick"
Overall happy but you can tell the age of the hotel. Would reccommend for a quick stay of 1-2 day's anything longer I would want a little more quality.
1 night business trip Jun 1, 2013
"Good enough"
I wanted a hotel close to UNCW, this one serves the purpose.No major complaints.The breakfast was nice (lots of food).
2 night trip May 31, 2013
"Great last minute decision"
The hotel could use new carpet in the common areas, it dates the look of the place. Other than that, it is a great value for the money. The room was clean and comfortable. The gentleman that checked us in and the staff at breakfast was very accommodating. The gym is open 24 hours, which is great. It is convenient to UNC-W, restaurants and shopping. I will def stay there again.
Other trip Jun 4, 2013
"Okay for weekend getaway at last minute"
The hotel is right off the hwy 17 as you get into Wilmington in this quiet area. Hotel room was clean overall, but we found hairs on the wall beside the hairdryer, on sink counter, and on our pillowcase. If you are going in to stay in summer, I suggest getting their early and turning on AC in your room and then come back in few hours. They do not leave AC on in the room, so our first night was really hotter than we like. We like to sleep in cool room at night. Also, if you get the room facing sunrise, you will want to stuff some towels around the bottom to the curtain (too short) or sunrise will wake you up. The buffet was really good for being free - they had eggs, biscuits, bread for toast, cereals, milk, yogurt, juices, coffees/teas, pancake machine (we actually enjoyed watching it work), instant oatmeal, instant grits, sausage/bacon, gravy for those that wanted it., and sweets - muffins and cinnamon rolls. Each room comes with microwave and refrigerator which was usefully. The 3rd floor ice machine did not work the entire weekend (F-Sunday). I had to go down to the bottom floor to get ice. The front desk staff was pleasant and responsive. Had no issues with noise or neighbors. If we decide to get away again, we will stay here again.
2 night family trip May 31, 2013
"Loved it!!"
Only slight issue was the b-fast staff on the second day was ready to run everyone out at 10am, everyother day they were ok to let folks do b-fast past 10am. I know it might be silly to have an issue with a free b-fast but it was a little disappointing to see such a hard line take on a holiday weekend.
2 night romance trip May 25, 2013
Very pleasant - hotel is doing some renovations so I think it will only get better! Great location near UNCW campus/restaurants. Very helpful staff!
2 night trip May 14, 2013
"only problem I had...."
Everything with the room was great...only problem I had was the internet connection was slow...very slow....
1 night trip Mar 16, 2013