All hotels in Wilmington, North Carolina, United States of America
160 Van Campen Blvd, Wilmington, NC, 28403, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9222

• Value
  • Bar
    Bar is awesome
    Room is all right
HAD TO GO TO THE FRONT COUNTER SEVERAL TIMES BECAUSE OUR KEY DIDN'T WORK.
1 night family trip Jun 16, 2015
Wendy
"Student stay"
Book for my daughter to stay while in town for UNCW orientation, she was treated kindly and felt safe.
Other trip Jun 18, 2015
"Definitely not a relaxing stay"
When we first got to the hotel it looked clean and the front desk staff was nice, however the more time we were there the worse our experience became. First they never changed our towels or cleaned our room the entire weekend, not to mention the pool was beyond dirty and unappealing to go in. Breakfast was okay but they didn't stock things very quickly. Maybe in hopes that guest would eat less. I don't know. Lastly we were unexpectedly woken up by the fire alarm malfunctioning at 5:30am! What made matters worse was that not even one hotel personnel came to let the guests know what was going on so most of us went outside then some did not. We had to hear from the fire department that it indeed was a false alarm. Needless to say our stay was not the greatest nor will we ever be returning to this hotel.
Other trip Jun 15, 2015
roxanne
"Great hotel, cleaning staff could be improved"
We stayed here for one night when visiting friends in Wilmington. The surrounding area is quieter than the other hotels around (just off the busy street where most of the hotels are located). The common areas of the hotel were well kept. Check-in and check-out were lightning fast and pleasant. Breakfast was probably the best I've seen outside of a 4star+ hotel, tons of options: name brand yogurt/ cereal, to go boxes, premade omelets, pancake station, tons of cereal options, fresh fruit. It was easy to find things that my picky toddler would eat. All the staff members were ran into were friendly and helpful. When we got to our room it appeared clean at first glance, but the bathroom smelled strongly of urine and there was a used washcloth left in the shower, and we found used gum wrappers on one of the nightstands that were not ours. It was also pretty hot and humid in the room (we were on the top floor), but cooled down once we turned the wall ac unit down a LOT. Mainly I would say that the cleaning staff could have more attention to detail. We would stay again, but were less impressed than we could've been with a a bit more effort on the part of the staff.
1 night family trip Jun 7, 2015
"Would stay again"
We stayed at this hotel because our first stay of multiple nights elsewhere was so bad... This was a much nicer place and had a great breakfast with many options that my kids loved. Would definitely stay here again if in the area.
1 night family trip May 18, 2015
Hannah
"Pleasant Experience"
Had a Quick but pleasant stay. Shower water pressure could have been better other than that all was great.
1 night romance trip May 30, 2015
I only stayed for one day but everything was great. Friendly staff and great breakfast. Our beds were a little uncomfortable, but overall everything was great.
Other trip May 28, 2015
Denise
Very enjoyable. Breakfast was great. We would definitely stay again.
2 night romance trip May 18, 2015
"Affordable hotel, friendly staff"
We stayed the Holiday Inn Express for 3 nights and although the staff was very friendly and helpful we were a little disappointed with the cleanliness of the room. As we checked in, the toilet in our room was dirty and we were moved to a different room. The housekeeping service only replaced the towels and made the bed but DID NOT clean the room/bathroom on a daily basis. The bathroom has no fan so you can see the mold/mildew on the ceiling. The breakfast was good and the location was very convenient.
Other trip May 12, 2015
"Cant get back in!!!!"
Staff was very friendly. Room was clean and nice. The issue was the entire stay when we would leave the hotel we could not get back in with our key from the exterior of the building. They look the doors and the keys don't work to re-enter? We had our keys replaced and that evening the same thing! Pouring down rain not good.
2 night family trip May 8, 2015
Rachelle
"Unhappy start"
Upon arrival, we were told we had been double booked by hotels.com and they had already charged our credit card for 2 rooms. The girl at the desk said there was nothing she could do to help us, that I would have to call hotels.com and have them call the hotel to straighten it out; then, she would beg and plead and throw herself at the mercy of the manager and maybe they wouldn't charge us for a room we didn't book. Really? I had only been notified of 1 room reservation via email and hotels.com confirmed I was only booked for 1 room. I looked at my credit card statement on line and I had only been charged for 1 room. It was obvious the hotel made a mistake and didn't want to admit it. Anyway, hotels.com called the hotel and the issue was resolved. After driving 5 hours, I really didn't need the attitude we received. This girl obviously doesn't understand what customer service means. I won't be staying at this hotel again!
1 night family trip May 7, 2015
"nice hotel close to beach, shopping, etc."
only problem was the stopper in the bath tub needed to fixed/replaced
Other trip Apr 28, 2015
"awesome"
it was amazing. service desk was awesome, breakfast was good
2 night trip Apr 3, 2015
"Nice hotel, right off the interstate, near UNC-W."
Clean, fairly updated hotel near UNC-W campus. Easy to find right off the interstate. Good breakfast buffet and friendly staff.
Other trip Apr 5, 2015
Bev
"Real friendly staff at the hotel!"
Convenient to a lot of eateries and is a Gr8 place to stay.
1 night family trip Mar 18, 2015
"Nice hotel close to UNCW campus"
Everything was great. Hotel and amenities were top notch.
Other trip Mar 22, 2015
Friendly staff. Back entrance opened every time you walked by which was kinda weird and a safety issue.
Other trip Mar 16, 2015
Great location, nice facilities, quiet rooms, excellent value
Other trip Mar 8, 2015
"It was fine"
The room was fine. Everything was clean. We did have an issue with the shower - no hot water and the tub wouldn't drain. They had to move us to another room.
2 night family trip Feb 27, 2015
Elaine
"Wow!!!!! One of my NEW Favorites"
What a wonderful hotel. The check in process was smooth, the rooms were clean, and the customer service was AMAZING. I highly recommend it.
1 night business trip Feb 21, 2015
"Location! Location! Location!"
They have a good location close to downtown, shopping, and restaurants. Staff was very cordial and accommodating.
Other trip Feb 23, 2015
"Get there early to get the room you book"
We arrived in the evening to find out our room had been given to someone else, and they had no more double beds to offer.
1 night business trip Feb 20, 2015
"Nice hotel close to UNCW"
It's a nice hotel, it's behind a car dealer... so it was a bit hard to find. Breakfast was ok, eggs tasted like plastic. Staff were very friendly.
Other trip Feb 22, 2015
Vivi
"Comfortable hotel for one night"
We were only at the hotel for about 10 hours. The over all hotel, location and service seemed to be very good. The room was clean, breakfast fine, and staff was polite and helpful. There were plenty of stores and eating establishments around the area and it was very accessible to downtown , Wilmington. We would recommend this Express.
1 night romance trip Feb 8, 2015
mike and mary
"Great stay, but wish for comfier bed."
Great location and room was very clean! Staff was extremely helpful! Loved the shower, but the bed could have been more comfortable. They advertise pillow top bedding, but the bed was rather hard and a little uncomfortable. All in all, a great stay.
2 night family trip Jan 7, 2015
Christina
"nice hotel"
just one night. comfortable
1 night romance trip Dec 20, 2014
"CHRISTMAS TIME IN NORTH CAROLINA"
MY FAMILY AND I HAD A WONDERFUL STAY IN WILMINGTON, NORTH CAROLINA. WE WERE VISITING THE IN-LAWS AT CHRISTMAS TIME. THE LOCATION OF THE HOTEL WAS PERFECT BECAUSE IT ALLOWED OUR FAMILY TO EAT AT VARIOUS RESTURANTS CLOSE TO THE HOLIDAY-INN HOTEL.
2 night family trip Dec 24, 2014
paula
"New facility, good breakfast, clean & comfortable."
Fine experience. Our room was handicapped accessible, which we did't require. Some screws coming out of the handicapped rails attached to the toilet seat.
Other trip Dec 28, 2014
jim
"amazing"
Everyone was so friendly and helpful
2 night trip with friends Dec 12, 2014
danielle
"Most comfortable hotel bed I've ever stayed in."
A great place and people. The rooms were clean and the bed was the most comfortable hotel bed I've ever slept on. Breakfast was great as well
Other trip Dec 11, 2014
gina
"Great experience!"
Great stay. Everything was as expected.
1 night family trip Dec 6, 2014
Louis
Great hotel and you have to have the cinnamon rolls at breakfast
Other trip Dec 7, 2014
"Nice hotel in every way."
Everything went find - from checking in to morning of checking out.
Other trip Dec 1, 2014
Hotel super nic
"Conveniently located off interstate..and shopping"
Great variety of breakfast..very friendly staff and decent price
Other trip Nov 29, 2014
"Great place!"
From outside to inside hotel was clean, vending, ice, breakfast were all stocked well. Friendly staff. Our hairdryer did not work and they replaced it quickly and professionally without question. Great place to stay.
1 night romance trip Nov 22, 2014
Crystal
Hotel was just OK. The beds were not comfortable at all.
"above and beyond"
Great place to stay. The staff was very helpful. Steve stayed on cell phone with me as my husband drove. We were terribly lost and he was fantastic. Thanks so much. My husband had a great time visiting the Coast Guard ship the Diligence.
2 night romance trip Nov 7, 2014
Freida
"Clean and Comfortable"
Hotel was newly remodeled. Rooms were clean and comfortable. Staff was attentive and friendly. Location of hotel made access to our travels in the area very easy.
2 night romance trip Oct 24, 2014
Ken
"Weekend stay"
Very nice hotel. Clean, spacious rooms with very nice amenities.
2 night trip Oct 24, 2014
"We slept great. Staff was helpful and kind"
We were really chillin at the Holiday Inn! Was in the area for the Grand Opening of my son's business and the hotel staff really made us feel at home.
Other trip Oct 27, 2014
Kimber and Mel
"Very comfortable stay"
I surprised my wife by taking her to Wilmington for the weekend. I booked this hotel because of the decent price, location, and good reviews. The rooms are spacious, and comfortable. We've stayed in nicer hotels, but for the price, you can't beat it. Good breakfast as well
Other trip Oct 22, 2014
Gabe
"Very clean hotel"
The hotel was very clean and the staff very helpful. I am very familiar with the area so I already knew the challenges with getting to the hotel during rush hour traffic. For someone not used to the area, getting there may be a little tricky depending on direction of travel. Hotel was very quiet and extremely large rooms. I go through this area often on my way to DC and NY and will be staying here again.
2 night business trip Sep 23, 2014
Jonathan
"Convenient to UNCW"
Good but not outstanding. Decent clean and convenient location to the college campus.
Other trip Sep 28, 2014
"Perfectly located for UNCW"
Great location & everything I have come to expect from Holiday Inn Express. Our room was on the 4th floor so it was quiet. The breakfast room had plenty of seating & the buffet was well stocked.
1 night trip Sep 19, 2014
Ki Kiernan
"Disappointing Stay"
I have had great experiences with Holiday Inns in the past when traveling on business but not his one. The hotel front desk staff were very polite and helpful and the hotel, although needing an update in appearance, was for the most part clean. The problem came with the housekeeping staff. I stayed at this hotel from 8/21 to 8/26 and only had the bed sheets changed once, and that was after complaining that it had not been done in four days. On return to my room on Sunday 8/24 at 6pm, I found that no housekeeping service of any kind had been done to the room. There was one towel left that had not been used and after calling the front desk was only told that they would make a note of it and let management know about it. To further the frustration, the front desk clerk stated, "most of the stay overs at least have the bed made for them by housekeeping." What? That's ridiculous. Because of this experience, I will not be booking a future reservation with Holiday Inn.
Other trip Aug 27, 2014
Overall the stay was fine. I tried calling guest services several times and the staff never picked up the phone. That was my only issue.
2 night trip Aug 22, 2014
"Felt like A/C unit was going to fall in room"
The hotel wasn't bad, the breakfast was good, but I think they placed us right under the A/C unit up on the room. All night long there were loud sounds and multiple vibrations. The room was 515
1 night trip Aug 18, 2014
J Martin
"The Hotel is in a quiet location"
We had a very good stay. The breakfest was excellent. The pool was very nice and not at all crowded. The staff was kind and helpful. They seemed to really want us to have a good stay. We will stay there again.
Other trip Aug 18, 2014
"Functional hotel in the commercial area of town"
Our visit coincided with intake weekend at UNCW. Every hotel in Wilmington was booked solid. Had that not been the case we would have most definitely moved hotels. We stayed on the second floor. In the early hours of our second night we were woken by an army of ants crawling up the wall behind our bed and crawling all over the pillows. We contacted the front desk and were given the keys to a room on the 5th floor. Sadly that room was not much better even though it was 3 floors higher up. We encountered ants in that room too and the maintenance guy came and sprayed the walls and carpet behind the bed. This seemed to kill most of them although we continued to see ants crawling on the night stand for the remainder of our stay. Had there been another option we would have moved hotels.
Other trip Aug 18, 2014
Raleigh 2014
"Excellent stay for the money..."
If you want a nice clean room; with very nice wait staff; this is as good as it will get for the money...
Other trip Aug 15, 2014