All hotels in Monterey, California, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here350 Calle Principal, Monterey, CA, 93940, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9485

"100% non-smoking"
Located downtown Monterey, within walking distance from great food and exciting attractions (Great seafood on the Pier)
Other trip Jun 2, 2014
I would have given this hotel a perfect rating, but it was really noisy at night. Loud guests in neighboring rooms, and we were close to the elevator which was filled with noisy wedding parties until the early hours.
1 night trip May 25, 2014
"Ok"
The hotel was nice. The staff was fairly attentive. There were very loud guests next door at 2 am. That was irritating, although not the hotels fault.
Response by Marriott Monterey
I'm sorry to hear that you had loud neighbors. Thank you for staying with us, please let us know next time.
1 night trip May 23, 2014
Missy
This hotel was very nice and located in a nice part of town- I could walk to the wharf by myself and feel safe.
Other trip May 21, 2014
"rude staff"
Day manager was very nice. Others were rude, curt and seemingly too superior to their guests to concern themselves with trying to make their stay more enjoyable. Hot water failed to come on every time for many minutes. Only two small pillows given. Bed comes with one sheet and a thin comforter, no extra blankets or pillows. Froze at times. One elevator services the rooms so you have to walk a country mile in circles to get to many.
Response by Marriott Monterey
I'm sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy your stay. We're always happy to provide extra blankets and pillows as our guests need. All you need to do is request from the front desk. I'll be sure to share your comments about service with the staff to use as a teaching moment. We pride ourselves on our service. Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your experience.
1 night family trip Apr 22, 2014
"Nice location."
In Room 901 neither the bathroom or sliding glass door locked. We had the sliding glass door repaired.
Response by Marriott Monterey
I'm glad to hear we were able to fix the door for you. Thank you for bringing it to our attention and for staying with us.
Other trip Apr 25, 2014
"great location for restaurant/bar hopping"
great location we fit 5 in a double bed room great staff and service close to EVERYTHING
1 night trip with friends Apr 5, 2014
"Clost to restaurants, movie theatre, wharf"
Hotel was in good location so could walk to restaurants, movies, wharf area. Fitness area had okay cardio equipment but not very inviting area. Breakfast buffet very good and wait staff good. Rooms good-sized and we had one with newly remodeled bathroom. Room was clean and comfortable.
2 night trip Mar 30, 2014
"Not worth the price."
We've had more exciting hotels at way less price. Nothing exciting to say. Just convenient that's all.
Response by Marriott Monterey
I'm sorry to hear you feel this way.
1 night trip Mar 29, 2014
Jerred salinas
"Reservation was a mess"
I was very disappointed when we arrived at the hotel because they didn't have our reservation on file through Expedia and had to call to straighten it out. As a result I will most likely never use Expedia again in the future. Very disappointing.
Other trip Apr 1, 2014
"Great location to everything."
It was a great location right in the heart of downtown Monterey. I was in walking distant from the water. We didn't have to walk far for coffee since there was a Starbucks right in the lobby. The bar down stair had the best grilled artichokes and the drinks weren't too bad. I was bummed they didn't serve Mascot though but overall I had a nice stay. I would stay here again next time I come to Monterey.
1 night trip with friends Mar 29, 2014
Boonmee
"Weekend away"
My girl and I just drove up from San Diego for a couple of days away. The staff were top notch! Thank you, we will be back. The location was perfect. Thanks again, Jason & Michelle
2 night trip Mar 8, 2014
"Downtown and Convention Hotel"
I was there just overnight. The hotel room I stayed in was recently remodeled. Very nice.
Other trip Feb 6, 2014
"Downtown and Convention Hotel"
Other trip Feb 6, 2014
"Spendy But Nice"
The Marriott was in the middle of downtown near Fisherman's Wharf. The sports bar in the hotel was yummy and comfortable. The shower in the room was AMAZING, and there was lots of counter space in the dressing area. I've stayed in bigger rooms for less money, but I suppose you're paying for location here. And it was a great location.
1 night family trip Jan 25, 2014
Tiegen
"Not bad."
No free internet? Really?? That alone, so outdated. The front desk staff was OK. Not rude, but not all that entirely welcoming. The only thing we liked was that the place was at least clean and it's within walking distance of a Walgreens and Starbucks. Pool was closed for the Holiday weekend...odd timing.
1 night family trip Jan 18, 2014
V.Valera
"Very nice hotel close to wharf, and dining"
Loved the hotel, the only issue is no parking on site all is Valle parking at 25.00 a night.
Other trip Jan 21, 2014
The best thing about this hotel was the location. In regards to the room and the service; you can get that anywhere. But everything you need from eats to drinks are footsteps away.
1 night romance trip Jan 18, 2014
Maybe the breakfast buffet could be a little cheaper. It's hard to eat $20.00 of food, it's like having a banana and saying this cost me $20.00, kinda pricey.
1 night trip Jan 3, 2014
Dexheimer
"Great location, nice stay"
Nearly everything about the hotel is great. It's just a couple of blocks from the main wharf and an easy walk to the commercial wharf. Many restaurants within walking distance, including a nearby British pub with fantastic food and a kid's menu too. The hotel staff was very nice. Construction was going on at the hotel but thankfully we never heard it. Only issue is the room's walls seemed a bit thin -- we were woken up by kids in the room next to ours around 7:30 each morning. But even with that we would stay there again.
3 night trip Dec 26, 2013
"Location was Great"
Location was great but the Hotel was under construction and was not very nice for the price. The newly renovated room was very tiny and bathroom was even smaller.
Other trip Dec 31, 2013
"OK for overnight stay"
Convenient for our trip to Monterey. Kind of disappointing for a Marriott property rated 6.
Other trip Dec 25, 2013
"Nice 4-star"
Better than some cheap motels. Beautiful bay view room.Free WiFi is a plus. The hotel's restaurant has the best food offered in the area, especially the braised short rib pasta and clam chowder. However, there is no parking. Valet parking costs $24 per day. Breakfast is not included.
Other trip Dec 23, 2013
Freddy
"Very Comfortable Room"
We were a party of 5 (3 adults & 2 children) and we had more than enough room to have a rollaway in the room. Grandma slept on the rollaway (that was already set up complete with bedding when we arrived) and she was impressed at the comfort. The staff was great, helped us with some dining ideas, etc
Other trip Dec 22, 2013
Pamella
"REMODELING & FOOTBALL PLAYOFFS=NOISE & ODOR"
Well this really is a GREAT Hotel but I suggest staying away until their re-modeling is complete. The noise factor was bad during the day. Also our timing was doubly bad as college football playoffs were happening and people were up late revellling and man were they loud at 2am!
1 night business trip Dec 6, 2013
HT
"Wonderful"
One of my favorite places, location is everything. Never a bad stay.
Other trip Dec 9, 2013
maria
"Nice hotel with good service"
Staff was extremely helpful and polite. Rooms were in good condition and clean. Only issue was because of the conjoined doors we could hear the TV, discussions and crying baby quite well. They allow most of the noise to transmit which kept my wife up the whole night. It definitely affected the stay. The earplugs they offered didn't work for my wife or kid. I'd consider staying again only if the room did not have conjoined rooms.
1 night trip Nov 28, 2013
Should be told before booking about the ongoing construction!
1 night trip Nov 28, 2013
"Disappointed in this Marriott"
I booked 3 rooms (originally 4, but cancelled 1) with Marriott to celebrate my husband's 60th Birthday with our family. Check-in was easy, and we were given 3 rooms in a row which was really appreciated. I mentioned that we were celebrating my husband's 60th, and the receptionist just shrugged it off. Other people were being offered rooms with views, etc, she just checked me in. The Valet staff was efficient, and friendly and asked each time if I needed directions. They also washed our windshield! The hotel needs updating, one of our rooms, the tub faucet shot out a stream of green colored sand, and dropped to water pressure to almost nothing. It took my daughter over an hour to take her shower! For the price of the room, that was not a good thing.If you like firm beds, then you'll love them, and the bedding was comfortable. Ask for a higher floor if you are bothered by street noise.
Other trip Oct 21, 2013
Angie
Our stay was pleasant, it was not long but it was nice. The staff was very courteous from the valet attendant to the manager. There were a couple of issues I had with the hotel, the sliding door would not lock, although I understand we were on the 3rd floor I still thought it a bit uneasy knowing the door would not lock. Another issue I had was the fact that I paid $24.00 for valet parking I would think that a hotel of this caliber would have free parking for guest's. The last issue was that I had to pay $7.95 for 1 night of BASIC internet usage, again I would think that a hotel such as the Marriott would offer FREE basic internet usage for their guest's.
1 night romance trip Oct 10, 2013
Doug
"Nice place to stay"
We chose this place because of the location - close to wharf and Cannery Row, and for the price and rating. We were not disappointed in anything. We walked to a great cafe too. Quiet, clean, beautiful lobby, nice service.
2 night romance trip Oct 7, 2013
Idahoqltr
Fair quality of pillows
1 night trip Oct 9, 2013
Gonzalo
"Centerly located within walking distance"
We enjoyed our stay very much. Room very clean and all employees including valets very informed and accomodating. Hotel location perfect for traveling to and from all sightseeing.
2 night trip Oct 5, 2013
Charlotte
"It's a Marriott. Close to beach and downtown shops"
We decided to attend the Monterey Jazz Festival on a little short notice. I tried for reservations at few more romantic/cozier spots first, but unable to find available room with King bed... Necessary for my NBA-size husband. But the Marriott had a room and we nabbed it... A week before the event. Score! And late arrival no prob. We arrived 10 pm and were informed at checkin that they had booked our king room in error; the only room available had 2 double beds. No Way! We were ready to walk out if they could not come thru with the King. Luckily another agent searched and saw there had "just been a cancellation" and we were given nice standard room on the second floor. I'm not sure what the usual rates are, but what we paid for the room, for the size of the room, and the noise from the street late into the night, and for the little time we actually spent in the room.... Too steep a price... But it was the MJF weekend, and we had the opportunity to meet and chat with some of the musicians who were also staying there. Accommodations were fine, with the famous Marriott beds that always guarantee us a good sleep. I would definitely stay here again, with more advance reservations, to better enjoy the hotel, spa, pool, and the beautiful area. We really spent almost all our time at the jazz festival.
Other trip Sep 29, 2013
Siri
"great location"
Easy to find. Was able to get street parking and great downtown location. Walking distance to many shops and other attractions.
1 night romance trip Sep 21, 2013
"Price versus Quaility"
For the price of the room the quality should have been much better. It was a small room with old furnishings. Channels on tv not clear either. Linens were clean.
1 night trip Sep 21, 2013
Dawn
"Very conveniently located"
Nice hotel in the middle of everything in Monterey.
2 night family trip Sep 1, 2013
The hotel was great. Everything was perfect, service, food, cleanlines.
1 night trip Sep 1, 2013
olga
Hotel itself is amazing. Clean safe area and very helpful workers. The only problem I had was we got a room with two beds which I thought were queen beds but were really full beds so my feet would hang of the edge other than that this place is great.
2 night trip Aug 9, 2013
"Nice get away, very comfortable"
Everything was nice, comfortable, and quiet. Very clean and beds were cozy. A pleasure.
1 night trip Aug 2, 2013
"Nice vacay"
Hotel was very nice. It was clean and everyone was very polite. It was close to CanneryRow Carmel and the wharf. I would definitely recommend this hotel to a friend.
Other trip Jul 20, 2013
sharon
"Overnight Stay"
We had to check in early and they made easy for us. the hotel is very attractive, we had breatat at one of the local restaurants. The food was great and our server really the best, he even ask if we wanted coffee to go. Is that great or what. On the other hand we were getting ready to leave, packing the last items in our room when the maid open the dood twice to see if we were still there. That was so rude.
Other trip Jul 16, 2013
"Dont trust the Valet!"
When staying at a Marriot you expect service to be at the upper tier level. The Monterey Marriot was anything but service- Imagine our surprise to walk out of the hotel lobby only to find our vehicle ( that we had left with the Valet the day before) parked out on the street unprotected and unlocked. Even more of a surprise was the reluctance of the front desk to make this oversight correct. I had to suggest that at least the Valet Parking should be taken off the bill. Once the front desk realized that an unprotected vehicle is actually important to their customer they offered us a whopping 5K of Marriot points- 5K seems like a bunch until you do the math and realize that it wouldn't even buy a cup of coffee from the overpriced lobby coffee kiosk. You wont find any complimentary perks at this property as the bottom line is all about how they can squeeze every nickel out of you through out your stay. The biggest laugh came when I emailed the GM about our Valet experience and his first sentence was to inform me that my story "checked out" as he had personally reviewed the video tape of the hotel frontage street. Imagine if he actually used this energy to manage in the first place. Also, it might make a little sense in your apology email to have contrition as opposed to informing your "former" guest that he is not a liar!! This Hotel is definitely not a bargain and if you like your car locked up - you better plan on doing it yourself!!
2 night trip Jun 28, 2013
Lance
"good location, good service"
The location is good, very close to the restaurants and store, 30 minutes walk to the acqurium, 15 minutes to the park. The service is nice, all my request are met. The only thing we're not satisfied is they have no trash bag in the room.
2 night family trip Jul 5, 2013
Owen
"Enjoyable Stay"
I thought that everything was wonderful. Upon checking in , we were suppose to have an accessible room, but didn't. They were able to accomadate us very quickly on that point. Food was excellant and the staff was tremendous. Very friendly, couteous , and helpful. We would definitely stay there again. And the fact that they have a lift for the pool and hot tub was surprising. We didn't get a chance to use it but we will the next time.
2 night family trip Jul 2, 2013
"The beautiful let down"
Bed was uncomfortable and not very supportive. Food was okay at brunch at best. Certainly not worth high price per person. Bath towels were very worn and rough. Very cheap like a highway stop motel. Location is great. Lots to do in walking distance. I will stay elsewhere next time though. Not worth 1/2 the price I paid.
2 night romance trip Jun 28, 2013
"Flashback"
I used to be stationed at Fort Ord so it was very reminiscent of my younger days. The hoe was wonderful, the staff very professional and courteous . I misplaced my charger and one of the staff let me use their personal one to charge my phone. My wife and I will be back for sure!!
2 night romance trip Jun 27, 2013
Fred
"Good Monterey hotel"
Had all I needed. Did not experience any problems. Liked being able to keep car parked in garage, luggage at front desk on check out day and use close by free trolley car to get to Cannery Row. (no extra charge but I did tip extra). Receive free candy gift from waiter in restaurant as mentioned it was birthday. Breakfast buffet had good selections of food from fruit to bacon. Chef will cook eggs to order. (Spanish omelet was a good choice).
Other trip Jun 30, 2013
nick
"Great location for Fisherman's Wharf"
Very easy and convenient location for myself and son to visit Fisherman's Wharf and get around. Great staff, clean, comfortable, quiet while trying to sleep. Would stay there again for sure.
1 night trip Jun 22, 2013
"Customer Service at its best"
The service at the Marriott is the best. Everyone is friendly and helpful. The room was nice and the bed was oh so comfortable. I slept like a baby. The bathroom needs to have more places to hang your towels. There was only 1 towel rack in the bath area?? No place to hang you robe or nightie. Need a hook on the back of the door along with better towel racks. This made is inconvienent when taking a shower. Definitely will go back to this hotel.
2 night trip Jun 14, 2013