All hotels in Monterey, California, United States of America
350 Calle Principal, Monterey, CA, 93940, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9485

"Best hotel in CA hands down!!!"
I'm a very seasoned traveller and have stayed in too many hotels to count. But I have to say this hotel is Perfect in every way. The price is reasonable for summer in Monterey, the location can't be beat, walking distance to the wharf and trolley stop nearby. The best complimentary breakfast I have experienced, with freshly made eggs, waffles, and bread pudding. A wide array of fruits, cereals, yoghurt, breads, meats, potatoes, teas and coffee carafe to the table. The breakfast itself justifies the stay here. Wonderfully clean smelling and brightly lit room. I love how spacious and well laid out the room was, with separate sink and ample counter area for all my toiletries. I also love the magnifying mirror with different lighting options! The service was fantastic as well, friendly and helpful, genuinely smiley staff. Valet was fast and efficient. My daughter lost a gold stud earring at the pool at night and there were 2 employees using flashlights to help her search for it until they found it. Thoughtful touches that make this hotel stand out: clean towels in a glass door refrigerator for gym users.
1 night family trip Jul 5, 2015
Tonya
Excellent location. Hotel is good. Mattresses and pillow are great. Furniture looks a little old. Odd things that 2 trash boxes in my room doesn’t have plastic bags. It is really telling me that cleaning service wasn’t performed well. If I next time visit Monterey, I will stay in this hotel with excellent location in downtown.
1 night family trip Jul 5, 2015
Predrag
"Unhappy with your front desk management"
Looked forward to this trip. I have health issues I even have 9 hour treatments in my room and had my medical supplies delivered there.I studied monterey because I really wanted to treat myself to an oceanview room. When I made the reservations I asked for a bayview and if I couldn't have it I would continued to another hotel to have this one treat request. It won't be a fun part to share with all my friends about my big ocean view trip.The story of your unacomodating staff who didn't care that I walked away so unhappy and disppointed..her attitude was oh well were sorry..here are your keys to you room facing houses. I too hold a management position in my customer service job and would make a far more excellent manager then the cold manager you had that day.Not even a smile from her.I would never allow any of my guest to leave disatisfied..I would do something to show my sincere concerns and apologies for their unhappiness. I use to love Marriott chain it was my favorite by far because your staff would go over and beyound to make each guest feel valuable. Not even breakfast offered or free parking to show her concerns. In the future I will look into other hotels.after all you are paying over 300 a night.you deserve to be treated well. This was just the start of our vacation and the Marriott was supposedly the big treat .the rest of our trip was in holiday inn express and I have to say a more impressive staff then a full service hotel like yourself.
1 night family trip Jul 6, 2015
"Fourth of July stay"
We have stayed at the Monterey Marriott before and enjoyed the location close to Fisherman's Wharf. The windows are still thin and do not keep the street noise out. The bathroom counter area is very small. Our coffee make did not work, we left a note. The bed was comfortable.
Other trip Jul 8, 2015
This hotel was clean and comfortable. It is walikng distance to many places. I will definitely stay there again.
1 night romance trip Jul 5, 2015
Celina
"Breakfast buffet was the best I've had!"
Hotel was beautiful, it was a little pricy but they included an incredible buffet breakfast for my entire family free of charge which made up for the room rate. Hotel was located near wharf and other nice downtown restaurants. Room was nice and clean, I asked for a room w/ balcony and they changed my room free of charge. Only down fall to the hotel was the parking situation. They charge you $24 a night to park in their garage and you can't even park your own vehicle. We had an oversize Tahoe and had to park 2 blocks away for $5 a night.
Other trip Jul 8, 2015
Crystal
"Great Monterey Location"
Long weekend with the family. The Marriott is in a great location right near Fisherman's Wharf, and an easy walk (or free shuttle ride) to Cannery Row and the Aquarium. We also ventured out to Santa Cruz for a day at the boardwalk there.
3 night family trip Jul 2, 2015
Keith
A lil gateway weekend turn out more perfect then had hoped! Would definitely come back !
2 night romance trip Jul 3, 2015
"Best price ever!!!"
Best price I have ever seen for a top notch hotel!!! Perfect area for ocean access!!!! Room was extroordinary!!! Super clean and very high class!!!! Worth every penny!!!!
1 night romance trip Jul 1, 2015
"Anniversary Surprise"
The room was great as always, we told the lady at check-in we were celebrating our 30 year wedding anniversary and were surprised to receive a chilled bottle of wine when we returned to our room.
2 night romance trip Jun 27, 2015
"Fun hotel for fun time in Monterey"
Great downtown location. Easy walk access to breakfast, lunch or dinner. Easy access to free trolley ride to Cannery Row. Hotel staff was friendly and valet service had the car waiting on us. Room did have a subway wrapper left behind and some toilet tissue on the floor waiting for us but room was clean otherwise.
3 night romance trip Jun 26, 2015
Marshall
"Great option in Monterey"
Great hotel fairly close to the aquarium--though it is too long a walk for a small child. Very nice pool and a Starbucks in the lobby.
1 night family trip Jun 21, 2015
"Friendly and Helpful Staff"
Staff made you feel welcome. All were pleasant and cheerful. Nice to see staff happy at work. Room décor is somewhat dated. The hotel is centrally located and within walking distant of some good restaurants and attractions.
Other trip Jun 22, 2015
Ray
"Ideal location."
Walking distance to Fisherman's warf and downtown. We were greeted immediately and often. We never had to open the front door, entering or exiting, because a staff member was always available. Friendly and helpful staff. It's what one would expect at a luxury hotel.
Thank you!
Other trip Jun 14, 2015
Nice hotel. Clean and good location. Little overpriced.
Other trip Jun 14, 2015
Props to the valet staff!!!! They were awesome. Fast, friendly, funny and great recommendations for food and directions!!!
Other trip Jun 8, 2015
McBreezy
Clean, convenient location, excellent service, friendly staff.
Other trip May 23, 2015
No wi-fi in the room so to have access to Internet I would have to go to lobby . I stayed just one night so I survived but for longer stay it would be inconvenient
Other trip May 23, 2015
Belka
"Great Week End Getaway"
The hotel is a little pricy but it's worth every penny walking distance to all the sites and great service
2 night romance trip Feb 20, 2015
Gregory
"Bumps but ended up ok"
Stay off the lower floors - very noisy. They moved us to a higher floor which was much more quiet.
Other trip Apr 9, 2015
"Nice hotel near cannery row"
The valet was great. I needed to get my stroller out of my car and despite the fact that they were busy the guy ran to go get it out of my trunk and was back in literally 2 minutes. He was awesome. Also front desk was very friendly and attentive. The room service was timely and dessert was great.( we only ordered dessert)
Other trip Apr 3, 2015
julia
"good stay"
very good room and beds, 7th floor; friendly valet service; breakfast medium and expensive!, find nice places around:
Karl
The hotel is nice clean and perfectly located. You can walk almost everywhere. The staff is nice and the pool and jacuzzi are a great bonus
Other trip Mar 25, 2015
"Not at all impressed"
It was too expensive in my opinion (my husband booked the room as surprise getaway).the toilet had previous guests "splatter" under toilet seat. Staff were all very friendly & courteous, but you pay for location, because what it costs to stay here I expected sooo much more. You definitely don't get what you pay for at this hotel!! I've stayed at many hotels & I gotta say the Days Inn in Morro Bay is better, you at least get a continental breakfast with your stay. It's $14 per person at this hotel.
Response by Marriott Monterey
I'm sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us. Thank you for your comments, I will be sharing them with the team so that we may learn from them. Again, thank you.
2 night romance trip Mar 13, 2015
"A Little Underwhelming"
Overall experience just not what expected for the price. Perhaps your experience will be better. Will likely find another place for next overnight stay in Monterey.
Response by Marriott Monterey
I'm sorry to hear you didn't enjoy your stay.
Other trip Feb 23, 2015
Avg. Tourist
"not far from Monterrey aquarium"
the Wi-fi didn't work my daughter wasn't too happy about that lol
Other trip Feb 9, 2015
Jess
"Quick Getaway"
We had a great stay at the Monterey Marriott Hotel as we visited Fishermans Wharf one night and went to visit Carmel and then stopped at the Del Monte Shopping Center. We had a great time there while visiting.
2 night romance trip Jan 10, 2015
"Dissapointed"
I was disappointed upon arrival when I was informed that parking was valet only at a cost of $30.00 per night. As we were staying four nights, that was not going to work. When we declined, they directed us to a parking garage thee blocks down the street. While the three blocks were very short blocks, it was the principle of the thing. The next issue we encountered was moulding falling off the wall, dirty tissue under the bed, poor repair of the ceiling in our room and no free WiFi. The staff themselves were very courteous while ineffective. It took two different housekeepers to pick up the one tissue. Even though they bought us breakfast and compensated us for our room-service, I was disappointed, since this is a Marriott. I just expected more.
Response by Marriott Monterey
Thank you for your comments and for staying with us. I will definitely share your comments with the rest of the team so that we may improve. I am sorry to hear that you experience was not 5 star worthy.
3 night family trip Nov 25, 2014
"Last Time at a Marriott Hotel"
Mariott charges for everything. Wi-Fi, one of the worst of the large Corporate Hotel chains. Didn't respond to room choice with a view. Seemed dismissive of Hotels.com
Response by Marriott Monterey
I'm sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy your stay. Thank you for your comments, I will share them with the team so that we may improve.
2 night romance trip Jan 2, 2015
for the price of 249.00/252.00 a night, we will stay somewhere else next time. The swimming pool is luke warm considering its outside and the hot tub is not hot at all. Wireless is not free, you have to stay in the lobby..It's valet parking.
Other trip Jan 3, 2015
"Good hotel near Aquarium"
No free WiFi in rooms... That was bummer... Everything else was okay
Other trip Dec 31, 2014
"Marriott Monterey as good as home."
The hotel stay was great, the personnel were very courteous and accommodating. We will return.
2 night trip with friends Dec 27, 2014
Agrimonti
"Our son's wedding at Tarpy's"
We chose this hotel because of the reasonable price and location. We booked six rooms for our family. Everyone said their rooms were very nice and comfortable. Great restaurant downstairs too. Hotel staff were very courteous. Valet staff courteous and helpful.
Other trip Dec 30, 2014
Di
Great stay. It was very enjoyable! The staff was very courteous
Other trip Dec 28, 2014
"Directly across from Fisherman's Wharf in Monterey"
We were celebrating our Wedding Anniversary. Mark was parking the car and heard our plans. He told Issandra (clerk at the front desk). She referred us to Domenicos restaurant at the wharf. Upon arriving, we were seated at a VIP table next to the window. We could see the sea lions and seals playing in the water. We received (free) a wonderful appetizer. Upon returning to the hotel, we found a bottle of sparkling cider, cheese snacks and a wonderful note from Issandra, Mark, Ruby, Ellie and Alyssa. Best Hotel staff and service ever!!!
Other trip Dec 18, 2014
Steve & Dayle
"Just okay"
Great location, great service, lousy bed, room service that doesn't come by until the late afternoon after we've been gone for a few hours, Kraft Mac n cheese served as the kids Mac n cheese is not acceptable at those prices. How hard is it to make? Cook pasta and mix with cheese. Done. Expected to be wowed a bit more with this property, but wasn't.
2 night family trip Nov 27, 2014
"Mommy & Me weekend getaway"
Lobby was great but hallways throughout hotel and bathroom in our room was outdated and small.
1 night family trip Nov 28, 2014
Adriana
"Positive experience"
While expensive, a good hotel with a very helpful staff, and very handy in downtown Monterey.
Other trip Dec 3, 2014
Great location-variety of restaurants. Friendly staff
Other trip Dec 1, 2014
"Weekend away"
Had a great relaxing stay. Room was great, staff was friendly. And it's in a great location to walk to many locations. Plenty of food options nearby. And always a plus for me, Starbucks and Jamba Juice within a 3 minute walk!
1 night trip Nov 16, 2014
Gina
Stayed at hotel for the first time for a conference. Rooms were clean and comfortable. Nice standard room with basic amenities. Staff was friendly and helpful. I am definitely staying there again for the yearly conference.
Other trip Nov 19, 2014
tia
"Ok hotel"
I was given the rate $299 per night for three adults and a child including breakfast by Expedia, on the phone. The Expedia confirmation showed single bed which after I called was corrected to two beds. When I checked in I was told that breakfast was not included. The Marriot hotel was otherwise good. Thank you
Other trip Nov 19, 2014
Kanwal
"Excellent hotel, enjoyed our stay."
Fantastic stay for a getaway day in Monterey, room was great, staff was good, bed was fantastic. English pub across the street has excellent traditional pub food.
1 night romance trip Nov 9, 2014
Greg
"Anniversary Get-A-Way"
This Marriott is in a great location, close to the wharf and the aquarium. Rooms were up to the Marriott standard, clean and roomy. You do have to valet park or self park 3 blocks away. They have a great buffet breakfast! We will be back.
1 night romance trip Oct 18, 2014
Judy
This is a very nice hotel. It was our 8th day travelling up the coast and feel the quality of the Hotel was worth the cost. All hotels were booked through Expedia
Other trip Oct 20, 2014
Barb
"Marriot ??? MORE LIKE HAIRRIOT HOTEL!!"
How do i give this hotel a ZERO RATING....The worst experience ever, King room was not given a double bed was given after I told the rep I SPECIFICALLY would like a king room , Hairs in the bath tub, hairs on the bed, the bed squeaked with the slightest movement. Bathroom door does not close, vinyl was lifting, room had wall patches and the doors where scratched and had scuffs on both the closet doors and the bathroom door. The carpet was so old and worn out and dirty that if felt like your walking on cement. almost every piece of furniture was chipped and or scuffed. Asked for a high floor room when placed the booking and all they had was 4th or 5th floor? When i asked the front desk lady to at least accommodate or make up for the mess with something, Parking Valet Waived or Breakfast something, anything? All she could do was SAY SORRY THAT'S ALL THAT WE CAN DO, I AM NOT AUTHORIZED TO DO ANYTHING..... WHAT A MESS. NEVER STAYING AT THIS HOTEL AGAIN! " I HAVE PICTURES AS PROOF"
Other trip Oct 20, 2014
Unhappy Customr
Expensive but poor condition……really too expensive
Response by Marriott Monterey
I'm sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy your stay. Thank you for your comments.
Other trip Oct 13, 2014
"A bit disappointed"
We are pleased with the hotel room and staff, but a bit disappointed that garage and wifi comes at extra change. After tour of 3 weeks across Arizona, Nevada and California and booking 10 hotels, Marriott was the only one that charged extra for parking and wifi. Not sure if will book them again.
Other trip Oct 7, 2014
"Very disappointing"
Very run down. Signage dreadful. Dark and dingy. Elevator acces very unsatisfactory. Would recommend you give it a miss.
Response by Marriott Monterey
I'm sorry to hear you feel that way. Our elevators are located directly in the well-lit lobby so I'm not sure what happened during your experience. Thank you for your comments, I will share them with the team.
Other trip Oct 6, 2014
Joan
Hotel a little tired..needs some updating
2 night trip Sep 23, 2014