All hotels in Grand Rapids, Michigan, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here5401 28th Street Ct Se, Grand Rapids, MI, 49546, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9222

"ok...for the price"
Dated and worn...staff was very nice and breakfast bar was good.
2 night trip Aug 30, 2014
Josh
Wonderful
2 night trip Aug 30, 2014
"NICE HOTEL"
VERY GOOD EXPERIENCE, THE ROOM IS BIG AND VERY CLEAN AND NICE.
Other trip Sep 2, 2014
JUAN
"Great quality for the price"
I only stayed one night but it was a comfortable stay in a clean & well-maintained room. I would definitely return here to stay in the future. The only thing i was a little confused about was that I found someone had taken the Do Not Disturb sign off my door when I later returned to my room.
1 night trip Aug 18, 2014
fantastic. Staff very friendly and helpful
1 night trip Aug 26, 2014
"We'll be staying again"
Was surprised that there was a kitchenette in the room. It made it easy to make dinners and a meal for our family reunion in the crock pot. There was a basketball court out back but not the grill I swear was mentioned in the description of the hotel I read. It's right next to a Meijer and a little further is a Biggby so I got my coffee fix. There's a new Tim Horton's in front of Meijer, too. Easy on and off the highway right by the hotel and shopping everywhere to the west of the highway.
3 night family trip Aug 15, 2014
Colleen
We were very pleased with the location. It was convenient to all the sites we wanted to visit. We always appreciate a refrigerator in the room and this also included microwave and kitchen sink. Another added plus were the paper plates, cups and plastic ware. We also liked the sitting area with sofa and additional TV. We'd definitely stay there again.
1 night trip Aug 8, 2014
"nice hotel"
great location for our planned activities to the Meijer sculpter gardens and Ford museum
Other trip Aug 10, 2014
ron & barb
"Color run fun"
Rooms were very spacious & we had great service, & breakfast was delicious !!! Staff was very friendly & helpful. My only complaints were 1- the jacuzzi tub in the pool room was dirty and there was a hole on the bottom which you had to be careful not put your foot in. ( we did tell the staff at desk). 2-Also, We stayed on the 3 rd floor and from 130pm till 1130 pm there was 3 bags of garbage that sat just outside of the elevator and no one picked it up. It just wasn't appealing. However, We are currently making plans to stay there again & would recommend it to everyone who is visiting Grand Rapids.
2 night trip Aug 2, 2014
G. Smith
Everybody we encountered in the hotel was great...happy, courteous and professional. the rooms were clean, and set up efficiently for all six of us. Free breakfast was pleasing, something for everybody without going overboard. Pool and hot tub were clean, well stocked with towels. All in all, There was nothing Exceptional about this hotel...except everything worked, was clean and the staff was pleasant. we'll definitely be using them again!
2 night family trip Jul 25, 2014
Jessie
Very smelly rooms first day but then next day it was ok. Not the standard of holiday inn. Location is really good. Very near from shopping areas!
1 night family trip Jul 26, 2014
There were two adults and four children sharing a suite for two nights. We found it clean and comfortable. We had to bring breakfast back to our room as the dining room was crowded. The only big disappointment was that we were told the pool didn't open until 11, but later found out it opened at 8.
Other trip Jul 19, 2014
"Spacious room"
We spent two nights here and would stay here again. The room had a king bed and separate sitting area and kitchenette, which was really nice to be able to spread our stuff out. The frig was handy in storing items from the cooler, and we used the kitchen to prep items for a picnic at the beach. The hotel was a little difficult to find, especially at night in an unfamiliar area, so I recommend looking at a map ahead of time instead of solely relying on your GPS; it felt like we were headed to Meijer, but the hotel is located behind. It was convenient to be able to stop at Meijer and Walmart to pick up items for the beach. One of the luggage carts was rickety and unbalanced. We paid a great price for the room; we stayed at another Holiday In Express later in the trip and paid more for less room amenities (I would maybe think the higher rate was for a better respective location, but the location of the other hotel wasn't that great, so I don't know why we paid more).
Other trip Jul 15, 2014
"Good Stuff!"
Clean ... Great location ... Friendly staff ... Overall great experience.
1 night trip Jul 8, 2014
"Was not disappointed"
We took our 4 kids to Grand Rapids and needed a bigger room. This hotel was perfect. Some parts looked a little dated but everything was clean. And the pool and hot breakfast in the morning were nice extras. P.s. The beds were comfy
2 night trip Jul 4, 2014
Rose
"Value for Money"
It was great stay and Excellent Location if you want to explore Grand Rapids
2 night trip Jul 4, 2014
"The Best Hot Breakfast Buffet"
The Holiday Inn Express was clean, comfortable and affordable; complete with kitchenette, an extra pull out couch bed, a hot tub, indoor heated pool and large, hot buffet style breakfast. The only negative experience we had was trying to find the Holiday Express. It was near impossible, because it is located behind Comfort Inn motel (off of the street). There was a large tree with branches and foliage in front of the building that obscured the name on the building, so we thought it was a part of the other motel. The Holiday Inn Express does not have a sign out in front on the street. Once we found the Holiday Inn Express, we quickly forgot about our frustrations trying to locate it, because of its many enmities. It is located on 28th street, which is obviously one of the main thoroughfares in the area, because there were many restaurants, gas stations, retail stores and places of entertainment up and down the highway, spanning at least 10 miles in either direction.
Other trip Jul 6, 2014
Nice hotel and accommodations. Room seemed big and set up well. Seemed to be newer and very clean.
Other trip Jul 3, 2014
"Maintenance"
The building seems to be old with dark colored woodwork and carpets. It needed some updating, but over satisfactory. Bed very comfortable, breakfast average, shuttle to the airport timely and comfortable. Noisy, probably some other guests..but we could hear lots of noise through the walls. Staff were helpful.
1 night family trip Jun 27, 2014
"Easy Access"
Great location with easy freeway access. Staff very friendly, always clean & well maintained. Very busy weekend, breakfast, hot, ready & well serviced. This is our 4th time at this location with our dog, will be back!!
1 night trip Jun 7, 2014
"Nice and Convenient"
I liked the hotel and the service we received but I did have a few things that bothered me. Cons: no holder for the toilet paper in our room, the hot tub had band aids and other things floating in it. We spilled some water on the carpet in our room and when we cleaned it up with a towel the towel came up very dirty. The shower curtain was falling off and resulted in the floor getting wet with every shower with five people showering daily there was no where to put the towels to dry. The Pros: Nice breakfast, there was a lot to choose from and they were really good at keeping it filled with how busy they were. The pool was nice and clean. The room was spacious. Right next to a HUGE Meijer so we were able to go pick up stuff we forgot at home, a variety of restaurants nearby. Considering there were so many young people in the hotel it was quiet. We couldn't hear anyone around us. I would likely stay here again.
2 night trip May 30, 2014
Katrina
My company made the reservation at FULL price. When I arrived I was given a handicapped room with no reason being given.
Other trip May 21, 2014
"Holiday Inn Stay..."
The hotel was clean and the people were friendly. We were told the pool was open till 11p for adults and when we arrived at 1030p there were all kinds of kids there splashing and being loud so we didn't stay long. When we got back to the room, we were unable to close the drapes (at all) and slept horribly due to the outdoor lights that were streaming into our room. I wasn't aware we could have called for some kind of drape to be installed. Seems like drapes should be a give in at each room I think. When I mentioned it to the front desk in the morning she seemed unconcerned and said "sorry". I don't think I would return. At the very least she could have offered us a discount or something for our inconvenience. Disappointed.
1 night trip Apr 25, 2014
Staff was extremely friendly and helpful! We loved the layout of our room, the location was very close to airport and the shuttle was efficiently handled. If the need arises we will definitely stay there again.
1 night family trip Apr 4, 2014
J
"spring break and pool temp closed"
pool was being maintenanced, on Spring break of all times! had to go across the parking lot to a smaller pool at a different hotel....inconvenient, to say the least! Also, the other hotel had a fire alarm go off while we were in the pool. so not happy!
Other trip Apr 22, 2014
kim
"good price for a good hotel"
If you just need a room for a night or two this hotel will suffice. The room was clean and well maintained. It is not within walking distance to restaurants or other points of interest. There are at least a dozen other hotels on 28th street in Grand Rapids that are much nicer for a few bucks more but price is what I used to make my decision.
Other trip Apr 16, 2014
"Great place, great people"
My granddaughter is physically, and the staff went above and beyond making are stay a great experience. Everyone was do friendly, made us feel at home. Will stay there again!!
Other trip Apr 13, 2014
Diana
It would have been nice to know the pool and hot tub were closed for repairs.
2 night business trip Apr 9, 2014
"Not a High score."
The room condition itself was not an issue. But reading a card of amenities that were in kitchen, up to and including dish soap, few were present including trash bags. But there was some containers of what I assumed was sauerkraut left in the fridge. After placing food items in fridge I became aware of a strange sticky white substance. I washed the inside of fridge, my foods and the racks. I used food bags for garbage. The next morning I worked and came back late. I went to get towels as I had do not disturb signs in door. Told the front desk about issue and she offered to clean the room herself. I declined but was impressed and felt like it mattered.
2 night business trip Apr 8, 2014
The hotel was very well taken care of. The pool and spa was very busy durring the weekend. However, overall we had a great time!
1 night trip Apr 5, 2014
"Nice Hotel on 28th Street Close to Meijer"
Rented (3) rooms on a Saturday. It was very busy in the small pool, being that it was the start of spring break. The room was very clean and the bed was comfortable. Only complaint would be that all the vending machines water bottles were sold out.
Other trip Apr 8, 2014
Renee
"Review"
Chainsaws running all afternoon as workers were cutting down trees in the parking lot. Pool was not clean, hot tub was brown.
Other trip Apr 7, 2014
"Nice, clean hotel"
Nice room, great service!! Everything was clean and neat. The customer service was good. The pool area was clean. Plenty of parking. Comfortable beds. Lots of vending throughout the hotel. Rooms are big and had plenty of room for our family of 6. It was a very busy weekend when we stayed and the front desk people were very professional and accommodating. Overall this was a great hotel to stay at!
Other trip Mar 31, 2014
"holiday inn express review"
The hotel was very nice..our room was clean and very spacious. The only thing we didn't like was how small and sort of dirty the hot tub was.
1 night trip with friends Mar 22, 2014
"Very Close to the highway, Restaurants & Shopping"
I didnt like that the suite room was separated by the bathroom. The breakfast was good but located in the lobby. The pool was small and busy, but everyone was aloud to have fun.
1 night business trip Mar 22, 2014
It seems that hotel needs a refresher compared to other HIE
1 night business trip Mar 19, 2014
Alec
"Great hotel for a reasonable price"
This was a very reasonably priced hotel that was clean and comfortable. My only complaint is that the breakfast seating is situated so that every time the main doors to the lobby open, a gust of wind blows in. It was cold enough for this to be very disruptive and uncomfortable. Other than that, everything was great!
Other trip Mar 17, 2014
"Hotel was nice, staff was not helpful!!"
We checked in and was assured that when we got back that night, that the pool/hot tub would be open for ADULTS ONLY from 10pm-11pm. We got to our room which was actually quite nice, except for when I brushed my teeth the sink plumbing leaked all over the floor, so we piled towels on the floor told the front desk and left for the evening. When we got back and went to go relax at the pool at 10pm we were immediately bombarded by about 20 teenage girls there for a cheerleading thing. When we went to the front desk to complain about the screaming girls, we were not helped at all and pretty much told that they could stay till 11pm. What a disapointment for us & the other 8 adults in our group!!
Other trip Mar 4, 2014
Denise
Our room door wouldn't shut properly and the hot water was luke warm. Ive stayed in better, but it wasn't bad.
1 night business trip Mar 1, 2014
Nice hotel....overbooked and very crowded, limited parking at night
1 night trip Mar 1, 2014
SJB
"a weekend away"
Our stay was overall good. It was really cold in the hallways on the first floor which is where we stayed. I would recommend this hotel.
2 night romance trip Feb 14, 2014
Mrs. Sturgis
"Family overnight stay for Sporting event"
We stayed overnight with our kids and friends following a cheer meet (2 adults, 5 kids). We reserved 2 rooms and the hotel staff went 'above and beyond' to make sure that they met our needs to be next to each other, despite the hotel being booked for the Sat night. Hotel receptionist (2 diferent people) plus manager were helpful on 3 different items (great service). The rooms were clean and also big and very comfortable with 2 TVs, nice living room area, kitchen with microwave and refrigerator. We had a pizza party at the hotel after the meet and very comfortable in the room to spread out. The hotel pool was nice, but starting to show signs of aging. Overall for the price, we found this to be a great bargain and more than we expected for one night.
1 night trip Feb 22, 2014
Great for Young Families
"Good place to stay in Grand Rapids"
Bed was comfortable, climate in the room was agreeable, and the hotel is nice and close to the highway. I always enjoy the free breakfast at Holiday Inn Express hotels!
1 night trip with friends Feb 22, 2014
"Quick stop, but will be back"
I delayed my flight and needed a hotel quickly. Had not stayed at this property and thought I'd try. I was pleased with it overall and will return.
Other trip Feb 18, 2014
Brad
"Had a great stay"
Close to shopping, expressway price was great, the room was more than I expected.
Other trip Feb 18, 2014
"Excellent stay"
We had an excellent stay at the Holiday Express. The room was beautiful and the hotel was clean. Check in and out was efficient and timely. Not too far from all the restaurants on 28th.
1 night romance trip Feb 14, 2014
"Not the best place to stay in the winter"
Getting to the hotel was one of the biggest headaches. The mounds of snow didn't help and the signage directing traffic to the hotel was inadequate. The parking lot was not well cleared so there were some spots lost to snow. My car was sitting on top of a mini mountain once I finally got to the place. The lobby was nice, except for the draft of cold air when the sliding doors opened. The sliding doors were rather narrow, compared to some hotels that I've been to. Pool water was rather frigid, but the hot tub was nice and hot. Rather small hot tub, could only hold like four people at a time. Rooms were nicely laid out. I liked how the bathroom walls provided a nice diver between the living area and the bedroom area of the room. The tub/shower area was a little too small; shower head sprayed water everywhere. The toilet leaked and it made a very loud clunking noise when it was flushed; I thought that someone had just fallen in the bathroom. It's definitely not the best place to lodge in the winter time, but I'm sure that in the warmer months, the place is more hospitable.
1 night trip Feb 14, 2014
Scubabus374
"Nice hotel, close to highway."
Good location right off the exit. Very nice room. Good price!
Other trip Feb 16, 2014
"Needed a hotel for a hockey game."
The hotel was nice and clean. The front desk in the morning was great at check out . I was with three girls and my husband and became suddenly ill. They were great with giving a late check out so I could rest. Thanks again !!
Other trip Feb 9, 2014
Maria F
"A good hotel with bad parking lot"
The hotel room setting is excellent. The services are good. My problem with this hotel is about the parking lot maintenance. We came here in the winter. I was surprised that they didn't clean up the parking lot. In our two days of stay there, we have a lot of trouble to get out parking lot.
2 night trip Jan 31, 2014