All hotels in Miami Beach, Florida, United States of America

Ordinary pool
    Service is adequate
    Breakfast is average
"Going back soon!"
The staff was kind and accommodating. Checking was easy and quick and the locations was fantastic. I will be returning to this hotel again soon.
1 night romance trip Dec 24, 2015
Franco
"Cheap hotel close to the beach."
For the price, this hotel is OK. However, it is a little too close to the action on a weekend night. I might suggest you find a hotel a few blocks and on a quiet street. As with most hotels in the area, there is no parking, no pool and no breakfast. The room was very old, but the bathroom and shower were nice.
Other trip Dec 27, 2015
"Very Basic Hotel"
The room was very small - for example the phone was placed on the microwave which was placed on the mini fridge. Also Expedia description says that roll away beds are available for a $10 charge - this is not true. Roll away beds are NOT available at this hotel. Picture quality on the TV sucks. Hotel is pretty outdated. Also I saw a cockroach in the bathroom. Having said that, you get all the basic things you need in a hotel. Staff was ok. The location is great - across from the beach and right in the middle of all the action on Ocean ave in South Beach. If you just need a place to sleep at a reasonable price - this will do. Just don't expect anything luxurious.
Other trip Dec 22, 2015
Dmitri
"Great hotel!"
You won't be spending much time in your room anyway. The AC was good, room service always cleaned and checking in and out was a breeze. They even hold your bags after check out so you can enjoy South Beach just a bit more before leaving on your flight. Patty, Susie and Jenny are the nicest receptionists you'll ever meet; them and their low prices are what keep come coming back to the Starlite everytime I visit SOBE, and I've been there over 7 times already. The Starlite is awesome!
Other trip Dec 22, 2015
Justin
"Steps away from beach, shopping, restaurants & ent"
Always a nice stay nothing fancy but decent affordable steps away from the beach n popular Ocean Drive great views I always get an Ocean View room cute bathrooms clean n fresh only complaint is the bed is hard. Patty is wonderful at the front desk I always stay here every few months I come here. It's loud but walls are thick so able to sleep well
Other trip Dec 21, 2015
cali girl
"Party hotel"
If you there to party it's great. If you're there to cuddle and bring family find a different spot. We partied and the staff didn't care one bit. If stay again if it was a party trip bc the location is awesome.
3 night trip with friends Dec 12, 2015
"Hotel is directly across from beach"
Hotel was built in the1960's era and was what I expected it to be. Clean and comfortable with no frills but again it was what I expected it to be and it was right in the middle of South Beach. We were able to walk every where. Entertainment on SoBe was great and the food at the many restaurants was very good. A special thanks to Sabrin for being so helpful and genuine. She is a beautiful person.
Other trip Dec 17, 2015
Retired
"Pleased"
Management was very attentive. Even in the cafe are above great.
2 night romance trip Dec 11, 2015
Donald
"SoBe Weekend Getaway"
Jenny "From the Block" at the front desk was awesome!!!
3 night trip with friends Dec 4, 2015
Great location, friendly staff, ocean view
4 night family trip Nov 25, 2015
"Great price"
Great room for the price definitely would stay again
1 night romance trip Dec 7, 2015
Christopher
Nice stay. Had ocean view room. Wasn't as grand as hoped but for the price I would stay again. Pleasantly surprised the streets weren't to loud at night. Great location on south beach. The receptionist at the front desk could have been nicer. One lady was super easy to work with but the other lady made it seem as if we were a hassle or something. She could've just been having s bad day but regardless rooms were clean and the price was right.
Other trip Dec 4, 2015
"Not recommended to anyone"
pros- Very near to the beach. cons - bad smell in all most all the rooms. We switched to 2 rooms and found the same smell. Our friend stayed in another room, they also got the similar smell. Room was not clean. stuff was not friendly. It is not at per the standard of any other 2 star hotels. Please avoid to book here.
Other trip Nov 29, 2015
Sud
"Rude, ignoring staff"
Meh
3 night trip Nov 23, 2015
dirty towel was in bathroom when we arrived
2 night family trip Nov 16, 2015
Tniesha
"Girls, Sister trip"
Pattie at front desk is awesome! My other friends had a deposit hold on there room...not sure why and one of their rooms had no dresser. My room did but the afternoon shift front desk woman was very rude and offer no solution. Just to contact management with problems
2 night trip with friends Nov 15, 2015
Kahlilah
"Small and cozy room right on a famous Beach."
Again, this is south beach we'r talking about, directly across the road from it... so it is a good bargain for location purpose. The quality of the hotel interior rooms is decent, however i was surprised when i first entered at how small everything was, with no real lobby and only one elevator. It is relatively quiet, the beds in the rooms are comfy but kinda older and dirtyish blanketing.. at one point the toilet was not working in middle of night. The park across the street is shady place with lots of weirdos hanging out there at nite, again next to the beach.
3 night trip Oct 27, 2015
"One night in Miami Beach"
It's about what I expected. It's a small hotel. The entryway is cramped. The front of the building has tables, and during the day there are ladies trying to get pedestrians to stop. At first, I walked by and didn't even realize it was the Starlite. The accommodations are basic. It was clean enough. It's a small room located right across from the beach.
1 night trip Oct 19, 2015
"Good location on a crowded street"
The main problem with this and other Ocean Dr and Ocean Ct hotels is parking a car. Street are always crowded and valet parking is sometimes chaotic and slow (be sure to have your car back a lot of time in advance if you do not want to miss a flight)
1 night family trip Nov 2, 2015
PAULO TARSO
"Short and sweet"
Perfect location. Super friendly staff. Very clean and cozy
1 night trip with friends Oct 15, 2015
"Great location, horrible customer service"
I purchased a King bed deluxe room with ocean view. When I arrived, they put me in a double bed room and the guy at the front desk hardly spoke English and told me I'd have to wait for the manager the next day. When I finally got to talk to her the next day, they acted like I was inconveniencing them by switching rooms. She made me wait around the hotel for 3 hours until the other person checked out of our king room and it got cleaned. She insisted I not leave because they wanted the stuff out of my double bed room asap so they could clean it for the next guest. Another negative is the loud noises at this hotel. They constantly had people working on every floor and the elevators were down so we had to go up and down 4 floors of stairs every time. That being said, the location of this hotel is absolutely perfect. You walk out right to the beach. The king ocean view room was nice for the price. I can't imagine staying in the double bed room, it felt like a dungeon. There is also a strange odor in the entire hotel.
4 night trip with friends Nov 4, 2015
"BED BUGS BE ALERT"
This hotel is a dump. I woupdated even call it a hotel. More like a bed bug motel. I stayed one night and woke up with bite marks everywhere on my body. There was sand everywhere on the floor. Theven rooms were dirty and smelled like cigarette and other substances. The walls are paper thin. You can hear an entire conversation just sitting in your room. People are fighting and yelling. The valet is horrible. You wait about 1 hour until your car comes. I don't recommend this hotel to anyone. Yes it's cheap so that tells you why. STAY AWAY FROM THIS DUMP
1 night romance trip Nov 2, 2015
"South Beach stay"
This is my second stay at this hotel. I would recommend staying at this hotel if you would like to be close to the beach and in the mix during the night life.The staff overall it's very friendly. Patty the front desk receptionist is very nice. She lets you know what's going on that night, if you have any problems with anything in the hotel she make sure it's fixed as soon as possible. I will definitely be going back and staying at this hotel in January for the third time.
4 night trip with friends Oct 27, 2015
Tiara
"South Beach Fun"
Awesome place right on south beach, location-location-location!
1 night romance trip Oct 30, 2015
thomas
"Intend to review as pending information arrives."
Stayed at more than one hotel on the strip. 2 adult females. Intend to repeat visits to various hotels on the strip quarterly. Starlite requires 100 dollar deposit. Whether or not that will be refunded is still pending. Have reviewed the other hotels visited. This review is pending until refund status is deposited back into funds.
Other trip Oct 30, 2015
2 adult females
"Typical Ocean Drive Hotel"
It's your typical run down Ocean Drive hotel. You get what you pay for. Room was big, king bed, fridge and microwave in room. Bathroom was redone which was nice. TV was fuzzy the whole time but I'm sure it wasn't going to be fixed if I complained. Check in/out service was fine. Bar in lobby was indifferent to your request. I asked for a diet coke and I had to ask three people. The first two looked at me like if I was from another planet. If you want to hang out on Ocean Drive and Beach hotel is okay nothing special.
2 night business trip Oct 26, 2015
My wife and I stayed for just a night because we had business over in Biscayne Bay and thought it would be fun to stay in South Beach. The price was right, wasn't bad for a night - maybe two ... but there are some things that hotel needs to address. Other reviewers had complained about the noise. Here's the thing, it is an OLD building and not built to withstand the noise that we all make now. But people were very loud, and quite rude. It would be nice if the staff recognized the thin walls and made some attempts to warn people to keep it down after a certain hour. Maybe a little sign in the room that says loud voices in the hallway after midnight will be penalized in some way. A couple had a huge fight at 3am on our floor and made it impossible for us to sleep. When I stuck my head out to ask them to quiet down, the man threatened to come after me. This kind of behavior should not be tolerated. Other reviewers also complained about waiting for the valet. We had to wait about half an hour for our car, and yes it is a pain in the neck, but we had anticipated that time. I think most guests are probably used to their car being easily accessible and don't take into consideration that South Beach was not built for the kind of traffic it has, and if they are there for the great party atmosphere, they need to deal with the downside of that, too. Overall, the room was clean, the staff was pleasant, the bed was comfy. For one night? Not too bad.
1 night romance trip Oct 25, 2015
"Nice small hotel on the beach people very helpful"
Very nice , good bed worted for the money you pay ! Thank you !
Other trip Oct 28, 2015
carlo
"Good place to stay"
1 night romance trip Oct 16, 2015
"ACTION"
THE BEST LOCATION EVER RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF ALL THE ACTION!!
2 night romance trip Oct 10, 2015
"Starlite review"
The location is great, they just need to modernize a few things and it will be even better. For example the elevator is too slow.
8 night trip with friends Oct 6, 2015
"No rest here"
Worst time i spend in hotel bunch hoodlums fighting in the rooms playing loud music early morning and smoking w***d all day horrible smell and will never stay around that block again...
Other trip Oct 14, 2015
"Beach across the street"
Was expecting more comfort, some luxury and an updated room. None of that, but if you just want to stay at the beach all day then this is the hotel for you. You can hear the other people in the rooms close to you. You are just about 300 or more yards from the beach. The staff was great though.
Other trip Oct 13, 2015
gg
"Cheap and well localted"
We booked the deluxe room and it was exactly what we needed: not very expensive, ocean view and right there at the beach
3 night romance trip Oct 2, 2015
MATEO
"It's okay."
The room looks a lot smaller in person, when we arrived we requested early check in, we got there at noon, but didn't get into our room until 3:00pm and there's no lobby, so they told us to leave our bags in the hallway, which was uncomfortable. Our AC stopped working the second day but they did take care of it IMMEDIATELY! Another thing... You will hate, HATE! The elevator , it's so small, humid and moves very slow. Overall this hotel is ok if your staying for a night , but I wouldn't recommend a long stay. Although the location is great!
5 night trip with friends Sep 30, 2015
Brianna
"Okay only for one day"
The hotel was on the strip and when we pulled up the sign was half lit. You had to pass a little bar before you got to the front desk and I thought that was kind of tacky. Once we got up to the room it had a smell like you just walked right into a nursing home. It had a small microwave and mini fridge that barely worked, the room only had two outlets one in the bathroom and one in the main room but the tv and mini fridge was plugged into that so basically only one outlet. The shower was very old fashioned and the top covers felt old.
3 night family trip Oct 1, 2015
Aleshia
I just stayed here this pass weekend for my cousins 21st birthday getaway and its the pefect hotel for a weekend getaway to south beach. Hotel and its service is top notch. And another plus is your in the heart of the strip with the beach right across the street. Will be coming back here on my next trip to south beach
3 night trip with friends Sep 24, 2015
Fernando
Walls paper thin.Location good
1 night family trip Sep 22, 2015
andrea
"Great Stay for Great Price"
Very convenient, room was very clean and smelled good. Liked that a beach towel was provided in hotel room. Right on south beach what else can you ask for. Stay here if your looking for a descent place to lay your head and easy access to the beach. Must also be okay with a little noise here and there from other rooms
3 night trip with friends Sep 18, 2015
Micah
"small plain room but location worth every penny"
My stay was a great choice. I was weary at first but upon arrival I was put at ease as soon as I entered the building. The "mean old white lady" was pleasantly nice oppose to the other reviews I read on the reviews. I was actually glad because she made my stay more comfortable. The room was ok, but I particularly loved the view of the nightlife scene all night and the view over wet willies had many females waving at me. The shower was nice and hot, also I was offered complimentary water at the front desk for my entire stay, I checked in with no problems and my checkout was just as smooth. Housekeeping was always on point. I will stay here the next time I visit for sure! Btw the rate was the cheapest I found on southbeach. If you want luxury please dont waste your time because you will be disappointed and writing bad reviews.
Other trip Sep 23, 2015
Very nice location right in the hart of South beach. Nice service. Nice room.
7 night trip with friends Sep 12, 2015
MEK
"Good for the price"
Room was clean with plenty of towels. A/C worked good. Located in the center of all the action. Best price through hotels dot com. I woyld probably stay there again
2 night romance trip Sep 15, 2015
pedro
"Good but very old building."
The room was very clean,stuff very helpful,very convenient location. I was satisfied.
2 night romance trip Sep 12, 2015
RUTH
Wasn't really looking for a expensive hotel but wanted to be on ocean drive! It's was great we just needed a place to lay head down for a few hours
1 night trip with friends Sep 12, 2015
LaToya
"Girls Trip..Fabolous!"
I loved the Starlite. It served us our purpose for a girls trip, right on the beach in the middle of all the action. The front desk staff was helpful for helping us plan a night out. Great deals for food, but it was quite pricey. Beds were very comfortable, the pillows were kind of hard. I would recommend a rug for the room, the floors were cold. I would recommend placing a broom and dust pan in the rooms, due to the sand being everywhere. Just as a courtesy for guest who would like to keep the floor clean.
3 night trip with friends Sep 10, 2015
Ingrid
"Horrific"
This hotel was terrible. It was a roach motel. I was very disappointed and lost my first night. I do not recommend it to anyone. The hallways reeked of marijuana in the hallways. The atmosphere was not conducive for a family vacation. We were fortunate enough to find a Marriott down the street and stayed there.
3 night family trip Sep 4, 2015
"Perfect Location!"
Stayed at the Starlite Hotel for our girls weekend getaway! The hotel serves its purpose. If you're looking for luxury, obviously this is not your place! We however, did not have any issues or problems during our stay. The hotel is perfectly located on Ocean Drive. Right in the midst of all the action and only steps away from the beach. This was our second stay here and would not hesitate to come back.
3 night trip with friends Sep 4, 2015
Carlotta
"The cruise ship hotel"
The starlight is a perfect hotel to stay in a night before a cruise. The hotel has the best location right next to wet willies on ocean drive. I gave the hotel 3 stars, one for the location, one for having a microwave and refrigerator, and the other is for the price. Overall the customer service was fine, not the best but i loved the evening receptionist she was really helpful.
4 night trip with friends Aug 29, 2015
Jasmia
"Wise choice staying at Startlite"
Excelent location near of everthing, you can go to the airport taking a bus 2 blocks away for 2.65 usd in 40 min, you can get to tha beach walkin less than 10 mins. Very nice employees at the lobby and restaurant.
6 night trip with friends Aug 27, 2015
Carlos
The Starlite is worth every penny.Ill b back
4 night trip Aug 26, 2015