All hotels in San Diego, California, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here11002 Rancho Carmel Dr, San Diego, CA, 92128, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9485

"Residence Inn"
We stayed for one night at this hotel. It was clean and nice. Room was comfortable and spacious with a little kitchenette. The front desk staff we helpful and nice. We would stay here again.
1 night romance trip Apr 11, 2015
Sara
"LEGOLAND VISIT WAS GREAT HOTEL EXPERIENCE NOT!"
ON OUR WAY TO LEGOLAND WE STAYED AT THIS HOTEL AND DID NOT HAVE A GOOD EXPERIENCE. I SUGGEST YOU SPEND A LITTLE BIT MORE MONEY AND STAY AT A NICER HOTEL.
Other trip Jan 14, 2015
KEN
"Our stay"
Comfortable room, although a little dated. Would return.
Other trip Jan 12, 2015
"Comfortable, nicely appointed and affordable!"
Spent three nights here in mid December. Very nicely appointed rooms, beds were comfortable and good quality sheets/pillows/blankets. We stayed in a 2 bedroom suite which was nice for the two couples to stay in with some privacy. There was a full size fridge, microwave, stove and oven. They also included plates, glasses and cookware. While we didn't take full advantage of these amenities, it's great to have the option to cook a few meals while traveling to cut down on costs. Rooms were generally quiet, only complaint was the people upstairs from us... we could hear them walking around at all hours of the night. But that kind of stuff happens. The free hot breakfasts in the morning were a nice start to the day w/ eggs, waffles, cereal,some sort of potatoes. Overall, we had a great experience here and would definitely stay here again if we're back in the area.
3 night family trip Dec 18, 2014
amanda
"Nice place if you need a suite..."
We insist on always getting a suite when traveling with our toddler. The rooms here are of nice size and the breakfast is pretty decent for what you pay (free). The location is OK, although I'm not sure what there is to do nearby (we were going to a wedding and did not really take in the sights, if any).
Other trip Dec 20, 2014
Craig
"Short comfortable stay"
Comfortable stay, excellent service by the staff and great location - right next to shopping center for food and gas.
2 night family trip Dec 5, 2014
Pradeep
"Aging Hotel..."
Hotel is close to local attractions, but not necessarily the most comfortable stay. We, my wife and I, are not picky, but we've decided not to come back here. Particularly traveling with a toddler... Our room, was old looking and it smelled like the dentist/hospital office from the cleaning agents they use. The room we got assigned is handicap ready and for this reason the way the bathroom shower was setup would send water well outside the shower area making the floor very slippery. Breakfast was chaotic. The breakfast area is very small for the size of the hotel and the number of guest that stay there. People seem to just barely manage to avoid each other. Depending on which part of the hotel you stay, you could be facing two main streets and even with the double pane windows, the noise was very noticeable... Anyway, not planning to stay there again.
"How well was the room cleaned?"
The room appeared fine upon first inspection however it became apparent that we couldn't trust the clean appearance. The room was infested with fruit flies and we found a used washcloth from the previous guests in the shower. If the bathroom wasn't cleaned well enough for a wet washcloth to be discovered then how well could the rest of the room have been cleaned?
Other trip Nov 1, 2014
Marina
"So, so"
We've stayed at the Residence Inn at Rancho Bernardo before and returned because our previous stay was very pleasurable. The staff is great; my husband enjoyed breakfast every morning and we were able to bring our little dog with us. This trip we found that the room was not as clean as it could have been. The floor in the bathroom was dirty upon our arrival and there was a lot of dust on the tissue holder. There was no soup dish upon our arrival, which didn't bother me. The next day the put a soup dish in the bathroom, but it was chipped. Interestingly enough, the chip was where is was plainly visible. You would think after four days someone would see it and replace it. The mirror was clean upon our arrival, but became dirty. They never bothered to clean it again. The bed was made daily, but I know they didn't change the sheets (even though I did not put the little sign on the bed saying I would conserve) and they did not dust the furniture in the room. Newspapers piled up, even though they were in the trash can. Overall, we were a little disappointed in the housekeeping. We would return again, but would defiantly walk to the front desk about this beforehand.
4 night trip Sep 18, 2014
"excellent condition"
Everything is very nice. I am 100% satisfied and I will visit next time with my family!
1 night trip Sep 13, 2014
Jenny Lee
"Excellent location"
Nice hotel near the beach and many San Diego attractions. Walking distance to many restaruants and shopping areas.
Other trip Sep 2, 2014
"my stay"
wen you get in to the room first they give us the last room on the far back as soon as they discovered that we booked with expedia then the room look ok but the window gives access to the parking and I was so worried because they didn't lock and had an extra bar for security but I was totally not uncomfortable the matrass was old and way to soft I was sinking in it I felt very closed in the room was so small this is the worst hotel room I ever had and I am really surprised that expedia recommended me this
Other trip Jul 14, 2014
budy
"Hi"
Not what I expected
1 night business trip Jul 3, 2014
Carlos
Nice place away from home. Mattress little uncomfortable
Other trip Jul 10, 2014
"More than a 4/5"
I hesitantly booked my stay with the 4/5 rating this hotel had - read the reviews and just decided to go for it. I was blown away! This hotel is WAY more than a 4/5! The room was so cute. I had a suite and although it was small I loved it. It was homey. The service was amazing. The front desk people at all times were helpful and made me feel at ease. They changed my room from the minute I arrived so that I'd feel more comfortable and when they said to tell them if I felt the hotel was below a 9/10, I knew they meant it. Only a half hour from San Diego and surrounded by a shopping center and places to eat - this hotel it gold! I loved my stay, loved my room, loved the service, and would definitely go back.
2 night trip with friends Jun 20, 2014
schmabster
love this room!!!!
1 night trip with friends Jun 7, 2014
"one night stay."
Will definitely come back
1 night business trip Jun 7, 2014
"Great for a single parent"
It was a very comfortable hotel, and the area is safe.
2 night trip May 16, 2014
Clint
"Returning Customer"
Stay was perfect again. Great room, great service, close to everything. Check in/out was easy. Highly recommend to all travelers visiting the area. No negatives about this place.
1 night trip Apr 5, 2014
"nice location"
The room is quite nice. we have the 2 bedroom suite. the TV program is pretty nice. however the room is not the cleanest especially the bathroom you can see stains near the toilet and tub. the breakfast area was tiny you will be lucky to find seats. We stayed at the Residence Inn poway scripps mercy right before here and it was much nicer, cleaner, and the room was a bit bigger.
Other trip Apr 8, 2014
chuck
"Weekend stay"
This place is great. It all starts with a nice receptionist. Theresa was very nice and helpful. We hope to receive her service when we return in June. The breakfast was wonderful and the nearby plaza was amazing. Bevmo and Olive Garden satisfied my night. Thank you for the wonderful stay. Please upgrade us when we return. We will be back for legoland. Thanks!
1 night trip Mar 29, 2014
Josh
clean, convenient, nice amenities.
2 night business trip Mar 26, 2014
Deb
"Worth it"
Nice room. Good breakfast. Just like a time share condo except that there's no washer and dryer. Small room, just enough for 2 adults.
Other trip Mar 18, 2014
"Awesome"
Great location. Peaceful neighborhood. Great staff!
2 night business trip Mar 7, 2014
Very nice stay. Front desk people were kind and helpful upon checking in. We had our dog with us, which they were very happy to have. They gave us instructions, but didn't make us feel I welcomed because of the dog. Because we would rather have blankets as opposed to having the heat on, they gladly gave us more blankets.
1 night family trip Feb 6, 2014
"Too loud to sleep"
While the hotel is nice and clean and very 13-year-old-boy friendly, I slept terribly. I had requested the top floor but ended up on the second floor. Every time the person in the room above me moved, it made a LOUD squeaking noise and woke me up. EVERY TIME! Or is was very loud if they were walking around. I was exhausted and needed a good nights sleep and ended up barely sleeping. I wouldn't stay there again for this reason.
Other trip Feb 10, 2014
The location is great! Everything you can possibly want is on the main street (Carmel Mountain Rd.) - many places to eat, grocery stores, shopping, etc... The front staff was very friendly. Few complaints: 1. the calendar of events on the refrigerator was from November (we stayed in December). 2. there was hair in the bathroom, so not thoroughly clean. 3. The pull out bed was extremely bad - you can feel the coils in there. 4. When I went to get breakfast, I saw quite a few people who had yogurt parfaits, but when I went to get one, they seemed to be out of them. So I asked the lady working there if I could get one because I saw her giving some to people, and she was unpleasant and gave me attitude. The location of the hotel was so good that I really tried to overlook the bad stuff.
3 night family trip Dec 26, 2013
"Lots of stores"
Nice room clean spacious Would like to use the fireplace Breakfast was very good
Other trip Jan 7, 2014
"Great hotel tucked near many retail stores"
Nice hotel with comfortable rooms that is tucked back in the hills. Within walking distance of many retail outlets.
2 night trip Nov 1, 2013
"Nice, very friendly hotel right off the freeway."
Great staff, great free warm meals with free beer(Mon-Wed).
Response by Residence Inn by Marriott Rancho Bernardo Carmel Mntn Ranch
Good morning and thank you so much for sharing your comments regarding your recent stay at our hotel. I couldn't agree more, we have an amazing hotel and staff . Glad to hear you enjoyed our evening hospitality that we host every Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. We hope to see you againn the next time you find yourself in Rancho Bernardo. Greg Schmidt General Manager
Other trip Oct 17, 2013
ChrisMeister5.9
"right place in the right place"
the granddaughter (and her parents) moved into the area recently. They mentioned there was a Residence Inn by Marriott just down the hill below their area so we booked it. Turned out great. 25 minutes from the airport (2 to the granddaughter's house). A mall just a block away (The Broke Yoke has xlnt breakfasts and lunches). The included Residence Inn breakfast is what you remember from whenever you've stayed at one - quite adequate. Room was comfortable. A five star this is not but it is just what we wanted where we wanted it and when it wanted it to be there. We'll likely stay again (the granddaughter being the draw here, not the motel - as you no doubt guessed - but the motel does the job). Recommended.
3 night trip Sep 20, 2013
barry
"Bad housekeeping"
We were very disappointed. The room itself was fine (2-bedroom suite) but we have a 10-month old and as we set her down to crawl around while we unpacked, we noticed that her hands and feet were literally black from the dirty floor. The carpet was the high-traffic kind so it didn't visually appear dirty but after just a couple of minutes of my daughter crawling on it she was filthy. So after that we didn't want her on the filthy floor and holding a baby who wants to crawl around is a HUGE pain. I went in the kitchen to throw something away and found that housekeeping hadn't emptied the trash from the previous people so the trash was over-flowing from the get-go. The next morning I made coffee and opened the drawer and noticed that there was only 1, yes 1 spoon for our family to share. So one spoon for 2 people to make coffee and a kid (not the baby) to eat cereal doesn't work. The next morning, I noticed that housekeeping replaced the coffee that we had used but not the sugar so neither of us had sugar for our coffee the 2nd day. We will not be staying there again.
2 night family trip Aug 23, 2013
Wayne
We always stay at this hotel when we go to San Diego. Rooms are spacious and clean, and staff are very helpful.
Other trip Jul 21, 2013
Cheryl
"Uncomfortable bed"
The mattress on the bed was extremely hard and made for a restless night & achy body the next day.
1 night trip Jun 12, 2013
We were there for a soccer tournament, it was family friendly and a great location. Gas station, food and many other stores all walking distance.
1 night trip May 25, 2013
"Residence Inn San Diego"
Great hotel, clean two bedroom suite very comfortable.......Only note this property is not for Families.......only one and two bedroom suites, Queen beds only
Other trip Apr 18, 2013
Wally
"No peaceful nights here!"
I was happy to find a Residence Inn near the location of a business meeting for I am a loyal Marriott Rewards member. However this location was sorely disappointing. The first night I called to complain about the noise above me, I could hear everything and it was keeping me awake. The hotel clerk responded that it's because I'm on the first floor. I told her I'd like to move in the morning. After a rude awakening at 5:30am with the room above me doing what sounded like gymnastics, I went to the front desk and asked to move. I was told NO by two people until they got the Manager involved. Third time was the charm and they moved me, but without any concern and barely an apology. They moved me to the 2nd floor of another building, so I wouldn't have noise above me. However at 8am the next morning, I hear kids running up and down the stairs and hallways, which is shaking the building and was so loud. It reminded me of staying at Disneyland, there were so many kids around. The walls and ceilings are thin, it's obvious the building is poorly designed. To boot, the breakfast there is subpar especially compared to other Residence Inn locations. I moved to the Holiday Inn Express in Rancho Bernardo and had a much better experience, the breakfast was better and the rate was much cheaper! I would not recommend this hotel to anyone wanting peace and quiet.
3 night trip Jan 31, 2013
"Great convenient location!"
My overall rating for this hotel is average. The service and complimentary breakfast were good but the maintenance of the hotel and cleanliness of our room was less than adequate. There was NO hot water in our two bedroom two bathroom suite. Since we checked in later in the evening, we didn't realize about the no hot water until we showered at 1:00 am before retiring for the night. I was told the maintenance crew is available the next day at 9:00 am and there was nothing that could be done. Meanwhile, we had soap suds and shampoo and couldn't rinse off with icy cold water. That was absolutely HORRIBLE!!! After contacting the front desk again, we were able to temporarily use the bathroom of another suite that is three doors down. The kitchen area was greasy and the bathroom faucets have a slimy film on them. There was an awful smell in the shower stall that needs to be disinfected.
3 night business trip Jan 4, 2013
C. N.
"out of the way San Diego style"
Almost everything about the hotel is satisfying. The location worked well for me because it was right down the street from a person I was visiting. However, If I was there on vacation it would be too far out of the way to see the sights. The room was quiet and very comfortable. The breakfast bar was a little less then expected being that there was an inspector there and was making the staff pull food off the counter for unacceptable temperatures that gave the food inspector concerns. That aside everyone was quite polite and helpful.
Other trip Dec 21, 2012
Ed
"Run down old facility"
not much - the room was OK - the reception made mistakes about my payment - had to have someone from Hotel.com call in. Breakfast is a joke and a bad one, exercise room is rudimentary. not much
2 night business trip Dec 11, 2012
"Suitable for long-term stays"
Our one-bedroom unit was nicely (newly) furnished and very comfortable. The hotel has many amenities and services we didn't even have time to enjoy because our stay was only for one night after spending the day at the wildlife park. Would like to stay here again, maybe a few nights next time.
1 night family trip Dec 8, 2012
Jyun
"Nice place to stay but front desk staff rude."
We booked for two night and said we stay an extra night when we checked in. We were told the same rate and then were we told on the three nignt we would be charged $50 more !! Aslo on the day of check out they call our phone at 8:30 and the maid than started knocking on the door even thought we had the do not disturb sign showing, nothing like being pushed out.
2 night business trip Sep 7, 2012
Husbad and wife
it was O.K.. Need to be credit in my account membership of hotel.com
2 night trip Aug 18, 2012

"Family friendly hotel"
Well placed for visiting San Diego attractions and local beach resorts. We stayed in the 2 bedroom apartment which was ideal for a family stay. The buffet breakfast was good and evening drinks and snacks on Monday thru to Wednesday night's was an unexpected treat. Local beers and wines were served. Excellent choices. Shopping mall adjacent to the hotel had a variety of stores including an excellent Nordstrom factory outlet. Also lots of food options including an In n Out burger. Would stay here again
Other trip Jan 2, 2015
"Ok hotel"
Great location to navigate around San Diego but the amenities are not the best.
Other trip Aug 1, 2014

"A place to sleep"
Slow check-in process. Nothing bad with it, just nothing exciting either. Just a place to sleep.
Response by Residence Inn by Marriott Rancho Bernardo Carmel Mntn Ranch
Thank you for takining the time to share your commeents regarding your recent stay with us. I'm so sorry to hear that nothing stood out for you while you were with us. We have a wonderful staff at this hotel and I know they each strive to make every guest stay memorable. I hope the next time you fine yourself in Rancho Bernardo you will give us another try. Thanks again. Greg Schmidt General Manager
Other trip Oct 10, 2013