All hotels in Secaucus, New Jersey, United States of America
350 Lighting Way, Secaucus, NJ, 07094, United States of America, ‏Hotels.com Expert: ‎855-238-1593

"My favorite place to stay...."
Great location. Convienent parking and restaurants directly across the street. Best room for the price in the area.
1 night business trip Dec 16, 2014
Zeina
"Just okay"
The tub was clogged and sometimes the toilet as well. We had 3 people and I slept on the pull-out sofa. The pull-out sofa was not comfortable as I felt springs that kept me up for a while.
Other trip Dec 21, 2014
The staff couldn't have been nicer. The rooms were cleaned perfectly. They had a small sitting room attached which came in handy. And the bus to catch for NYC was right across the street. We all agreed we would stay there again. The continental breakfast choices were excellent.
Other trip Dec 12, 2014
Candy
"2014 PlayList Live Getaway Weekend"
The whole experience was positive. We loved the breakfast!! The rooms were clean and a little outdated but we were told it was going to be renovated in January. The staff was very friendly and informative. Would definately go back and also would consider booking LaQuinta as a first choice in other places of travel.
1 night family trip Nov 22, 2014
"nightmare"
It was a nightmare!!!!!!!!!!!
3 night family trip Nov 9, 2014
"Not what we expected"
The couch was dirty, there was a stain in the carpet by the bed, and the window had a terrible draft.
1 night romance trip Nov 1, 2014
"Great Location, Shopping, Restaurants and NY."
The Hotel offers an excellent location very close to local shopping and dining options, and is only a 20 min ($7) bus ride from Manhattan from a stop right outside. The hotel was clean and comfortable enough to be an excellent base. We stayed for 4 nights and the only concern was delays in the elevators, as one of the two was apparently inopperative. Staff were helpful and friendly. Breakfast was adequate, if you dont mind plastic plates, knives and forks!! I'd go back!
Other trip Nov 3, 2014
"place needs repairs"
None of the gym equipment worked at all, the pool water was a whitish color, tv did not work and the door on the room was broken and had to keep putting card in a dozen times to get in room. Hotel staff had issues getting door open too, said the would fix it and four days of saying that never did
4 night business trip Oct 26, 2014
Jeremy
"Nice night"
Very comfortable room , only problem was the elevator under repair, leaving only one elevator functioning. check out time later than other hotels.
1 night trip with friends Oct 25, 2014
Ruth
"weekend stay"
friendly staff excellent breakfast buffet.
2 night romance trip Oct 25, 2014
Carmen
"It's decent but out dated"
It's kinda dingy and dated in the rooms but seemingly clean. The staff was excellent. Great people. Very polite and accommodating. The parking / walking situation is weird but it was a quick place to sleep on business
1 night business trip Oct 14, 2014
Katherine
"Weekend trip to NYC."
I booked two rooms for a group of us going to NYC for a long weekend. I booked the rooms six months in advance and requested non-smoking for each. When I got to the hotel I was told only one room was non-smoking because they were all full and we were a late arrival. They said it was first come first serve even though I had made my request earlier. Breakfast was good. Plenty of room for everyone. Carpets in the rooms are badly worn. Air conditioning unit did not seem to work well and when it did it was really loud. The pull-out sofa was more uncomfortable than a normal pull out bed and one room didn't even have linens for the pull out bed. Bus trip into the city were easy and it was right outside the hotel which was nice.
3 night trip with friends Oct 9, 2014
"Defenetly will stay with them again."
Stayed with my family for tree nights, for the price the room was much more than I expected, clean, great space, great view of New York city, check in/out really fast, friendly staff, lots of close places to eat, bus stop to New York right in front, indoor pool fun (a little cold), the free breakfast is super great, a real plus, defenetly will stay with them whenever I can.
Other trip Oct 12, 2014
George U.
"Pretty good, once we got into the room"
We arrived about an hour before check-in time hoping for a bit of an early check-in. The older woman behind the desk was rude in telling us that the room wasn't ready & probably wouldn't be ready for a while...and says to us, "so you should just take a bus into the city and come back later." Well we had just come from the city, and it was quite annoying that she was trying to get rid of us because I guess they didn't have a room clean. Not sure why, it was 2pm! But, I simply informed her that we were aware the check-in time was 3pm so we'd be back then. **Side note, there is an amazing liquor store walking distance away (by the Olive Garden). When we returned @3pm we had a room ready, but the woman was still rude about it. Fortunately the person who checked us in, a younger woman, was very nice and helped us check-in quite promptly. The rooms themselves are fantastic. It was big, comfortable, & clean. A bit over priced, but for the location that is expected
1 night romance trip Sep 22, 2014
Booked room 5 weeks before our trip requested a smoking room and when we got at the hotel they had none available also we could not use the pool and never got an answer as to why. The worst part is when I got up to take a shower no hot water explained this to the front desk and said they would look into it never got to take a shower until I got home
1 night trip with friends Sep 29, 2014
Esther
It was very good
2 night romance trip Oct 1, 2014
"I LOVE This Place!"
One of my favorite places to stay
1 night business trip Sep 6, 2014
Jon
Express Bus literally out front of Hotel to 42nd St. transit station in Manhattan. Best secret in the Big Apple.
2 night trip Aug 17, 2014
"Fantastic experience"
For a 3 star hotel it really exceeded my expectations. The rooms were so clean and so cute. We had 6 people stay in a room with two queens and a sofa bed and it was very comfortable. It is so easy to get back and forth to NYC but it's not through their free shuttle, it's through public transportation. The breakfast was amazing waffles eggs bacon and of course the standard continental foods. family friendly. Great customer service. Overall definitely exceeds what you pay for the room (which is dirt cheap).
1 night family trip Aug 13, 2014
"Nicest LaQuinta I've ever seen!"
Lovely place. Good breakfast. Very nice staff. My room could've used new or fixed carpet, new caulking in bathtub, and a few new ceiling tiles. Otherwise I have no complaints. It was clean and comfortable. No hot tub though!
Other trip Aug 18, 2014
Tamsen
"SO/SO OVERNIGHT STAY AFTER ONE DIRECTION CONCERT"
The staff at the front were friendly. Helpful as they called us a local cab to pick us up to take us to the concert venue (MetLife Stadium) because the hotel shuttle couldn't seem to get back to the hotel to pick us up so of course we had to spend a total of $150 in a cab ride to and from because the cab driver charged $10 a head, plus tip for the guy, etc. Seems kind of unfair that I had to shell out for a cab when I was verbally promised the shuttle would be there, etc. The next day we went to the breakfast they had listed as having and the food was less than appealing so we checked out and went to the local Panera. We get all the way back to New York where I live and my 12 y/o niece realized she left her iPhone charging cord at the hotel and I called immediately so not even 1-1/2 hours since we checked out got connected to housekeeping and got somebody's voicemail there and I gave them my name and room number and explained about the cord and NOBODY called me back, seems kind of ridiculous.
1 night trip with friends Aug 4, 2014
Hotel was nice and our room was very clean. We did find it difficult to find even with a GPS system.
Other trip Aug 6, 2014
mark
"Nothing works. Unfriendly staff. Stay away"
Horrible experience. Too warm everywhere inside the hotel. Even the vending machine doesn't work. Gym is from early 70s.
11 night business trip Aug 3, 2014
The corridors rugs were dirty, in the room the furnitures were also dirty. But the location, the transportation (buses every 10 mins, the breakfest were a plus in the experience. I think the hotel could invest a little in cleaning the corridors....
Other trip Jul 21, 2014
"Great place to stay!"
Overall great experience. No complaints!
4 night trip Jun 14, 2014
"Decent for the price"
Good breakfast, decent rooms and all the amenities are decent for the price. We had a pleasant stay with no issues. Would recommend to sure. Its not a super luxury hotel, but works for a short stay.
3 night trip Jun 7, 2014
harini
"Place was absolutely FILTHY, RUNDOWN, STAY AWAY!"
We ordered a room for two adults and two children in Non-Smoking. We checked in and went up the the floor and as soon as we stepped off the whole floor smelled so bad of cigarettes. We made our way to the room and and it too reeked of cigarettes, there were stains all over the carpets, the room was still dirty as well as so rundown. I tried to call the front desk but the phone was broken too. I told the family to not touch anything and hold on as I go down to the front desk. The lady at the front desk apologized and offered me another room. The new room was a little better but did not have enough beds for all of us...only one. So I called down and they said they would bring another bed (queen) for the kids. They brought one twin bed. I then told him I needed two twins or a queen. I had to request sheets too and make the beds ourselves. I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS HOTEL!!!
Other trip Jun 10, 2014
"Lackluster La Quinta"
I should have done my homework and known better. We are from the area and recently moved away. We just wanted to come back and stay for a quick getaway. The hotel staff pleasant but seem bored. They walked around eating the lollipops from the front desk all day. No one was overly nice or helpful. The cleanliness of the hotel is poor at best. It is like this hotel was nice 20 years ago but it has just been left to rot. The carpet in the room was ripped, torn, stained and gross. The walls are flaking and old. Dust in all of the vents. The ac will make you think you are in an airplane. Found hairs in the tub and sink, presumably from the last poor travelers that stayed here. Went to the pool and the water level was low and ice cold. Was told that it is a state law that it must be drained every Monday and then filled back and it would warm up from there. Never heard of that but if true they should say, the pool is not available on Mondays. Nice location and grounds are well maintained. Take some pride in your hotel folks. It is in a great location to NYC and surrounding areas. Just so disappointed and probably will not be back. This was not a steal at $145.00 a night. Just google map the area and you will find other better and more modern/refurbished properties.
2 night trip Jun 1, 2014
RR
"Good stay, close to Metlife Stadium"
The check in/out was easy, affordable, and close to my actual destination (Metlife Stadium) Would recommend if traveler needs a place to stay in Secaucus.
2 night trip with friends May 24, 2014
Roger M
"Good service. Nice and friendly staffs"
This hotel locates next to NY Manhattan. You just take bus around 20 minute to Time Square. Nice and quiet location
Other trip May 26, 2014
martin
"Convenient location"
The hotel was in a great location...lots to do within walking distance and just across the street from the bus stop to get into NY City. The front desk staff was very friendly and helpful.
2 night family trip Apr 21, 2014
"After Broadway show night."
Great location and super convenient, cheap access to the city on NJ Transit bus route. Must stay if looking for reasonable accomodations after a night on the town.
1 night trip Apr 15, 2014
"great place to stay outside the city"
great location close to food and shopping, bus to nyc picks up right out front
Other trip Apr 3, 2014
paul
"Great for the location and staff, that is about it"
Check in was speedy and friendly. Cons... fridge didn't work, room had an overwhelming odor of cigarette smoke at times, water in shower took a long time to heat up, we were locked out of our room for 20 minutes while they replaced a battery in the card reader, breakfast was not great. Pros... staff was really friendly and helpful, our fridge was replaced with a working one, breakfast was free, there is a bus that stops across the street for quick and easy access to NYC.
Other trip Mar 18, 2014
"good stay"
Staff was nice.Location have to drive for food or get delivered.Hotel is clean but dated.Definitely need to be upgraded.Pretty good place for a overnight stay.
1 night trip Mar 15, 2014
Ben
"Close to stadium and an easy drive to New York"
Great place to stay, especially if you have a dog. They are very dog friendly and the room was great.
1 night trip Feb 6, 2014
some of the staff were very helpful. The room was ok but a little dirty and stained furniture. The cabinet for the refrigerator was mold stained and it didn't feel like it was even on. Over all the location was great but the hotel was very outdated. When we booked the room we were told that the card wouldn't be charged until we arrived and it was charged right after we hung up the phone call. The staff seemed to be more concerned with the upcoming superbowl rather than the guests.
1 night trip Jan 29, 2014
"excellent"
I loved it we had a great time I loved the breakfast it tasted good. I luv that there's a mall right by the hotel and food stops. I had a great time.
1 night trip Jan 19, 2014
Yvonne & Ahmyah
"it has a super fantastic view of NY City"
it was nice...however the room service was not very good...sleeper couch in room had food and dirt from prior stay under the cushions, and the bed sheets for the fold out bed was never change or cleans ones left to change...the front desk personal that assisted me and family during stay were great...breakfast was great, but dinning room could use some better furniture....
3 night family trip Dec 26, 2013
La Quinta Inn
"disappointing"
The images on line we misleading. The room needs updating from the TV to the couch. Also, we had to take COLD showers in the morning, because we were told the water tank was empty because the hotel was full and everyone decided to take a shower in the morning. No apology was given for this just a matter of fact explanation.
Other trip Jan 1, 2014
Maria
Heater-a/c fans in room were so loud we could not keep on. So hot had to open windows which made traffic outside even louder. Wanted fan to drown out sound but like I said fan was so loud and squeaky our whole family could not sleep the whole night. Breakfast is added into stay if u eat or not. Wasted $50 on that! My kids have allergies and could not eat any of it. Lines were too long and no where to sit so we left.
1 night trip Dec 28, 2013
"I'm gonna recommend it:)"
Nice hotel , cooperative staff except when we asked for extra blanket !! .bus stop to new York is next to the door.I think I will recommend it to others.
Other trip Dec 29, 2013
Mariam
Good but Tvs is Oldest I saw and channels is poor quality
1 night trip Dec 24, 2013
Luciano
"Great stay for NYC"
It is a wonderful location, with the bus to Times Square practically at your door. The only thing I was disappointed in was the breakfast. Definitely not as good as it was in previous years. Seems like it was cheap food. Even my teenage boys complained about it, and they eat anything.
2 night trip Dec 6, 2013
"Work Trip Stay"
I was satisfied with my stay at the La Quinta Inn. It was very clean however everything in the hotel was very dated including the TVs, bathroom and decor. The staff were very friendly and there was a note in the room clarifying that they are in the process of updating their facilities.
4 night business trip Nov 11, 2013
"Nice Stay"
I find the hotel easy to get to and convenient to the bus to NYC. I love the breakfast the hotel provides. The rooms are always clean and comfortable. There are wonderful restaurants and shopping within walking distance or a short drive.
2 night trip Nov 1, 2013
Judi
"Nice hotel close to NYC"
The easy access to the bus to NYC was perfect for our trip. The bus was clean, comfortable, on time, and kids ride for free on the weekend. The front desk hotel staff was very nice & helpful, I think her name was Tina. Hot breakfast & free parking were great. We did not try the pool. We will be back!
Other trip Nov 5, 2013
family trip
"Furniture and cleaning."
It needs changing some furniture, improve cleaning.
Other trip Oct 22, 2013
Alo0osh
"Clean, Quiet and Extremely comfortable!"
Excellent service, excellent hotel!
Other trip Oct 18, 2013
Our room was very spacious, 2 rooms actually with 2 TV's a couch and a bed! Loved it!
2 night trip with friends Oct 4, 2013