All hotels in Whitehall, Michigan, United States of America
2865 Colby Rd, Whitehall, MI, 49461, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9225

"Crowded and corroded"
Was originally extremely unhappy with the lack of rollaway requested but, when I asked the woman at the front desk for the location of a store that sold inflatable mattresses, she was able to locate a rollaway for us. Our room was very crowded with the extra bed and we had to relocate most of the other furniture in order to fit it in but,it beat someone having to sleep on the floor. Also, the only pool is outside and closes at 10pm. And, 3 towels for 4 people didn't cut it but i skipped the shower when I saw how nasty the plumbing fixtures were (totally corroded with lime scale). I guess they are unaware that there are products that clean that.
1 night family trip Jul 21, 2015
Kathleen
"Needs improvement"
It was ok. The room was big enough, beds and pillows were comfortable, bathroom counter/sink was newer. That's the good part. Bad part is: carpets were dirty, room smelled stale and musty old smoke, mold in grout in bathroom, TV picture was horrible, Air conditioner thermostat not working properly. The front desk lady was very nice and friendly. The continental breakfast was the typical high carb cereal, pancakes, waffles, sweet rolls, toast, bagels, English muffins. Had some apples and yogurt, which I ate. The breakfast room was way too small for the amount of people staying there. Difficult to find a place to sit. There are two floors at hotel, but no elevator for disabled people. Easy access to route 31 freeway.
2 night romance trip Jul 22, 2015
Marge
"Comfort"
It was very comfortable and better than the last hotel booked.
1 night romance trip Jul 17, 2015
AARON
The hotel staff was very friendly and helpful. For the price, it was perfect for us. The rooms were quiet and clean. Nice and close to Michigan Adventure. Close to town/restaurants. My only complaint is that housekeeping never showed up on the 2nd day and we were unable to get fresh towels until 10 pm that night. The front desk gal was very apologetic.
2 night family trip Jul 14, 2015
"Dust in the wind!"
The rooms badly needed updating. There was peeling paint in the bathroom and dust in all the vents and around the flooring in the room. The roll away bed was very old and tied together by a plastic bag.
2 night family trip Jul 13, 2015
Tina M.
We enjoyed our stay very much. The kids enjoyed the heated pool and the pancake maker!
2 night family trip Jul 12, 2015
"Just a weekend away"
The staff was great, the hotel was quiet. All in all, our stay was good. The pool was dirty and unlocked, and unsupervised which had us wondering how many people park and use the pool. Their breakfast selections could be a lot better.
1 night family trip Jul 11, 2015
Nicole
"Great 2-Star Property"
This is a great two-star property (do not expect deluxe amenities or thick, luxurious bath towels as in a four or five star hotel). The hotel is located right off the highway, yet the guest room was quiet. Check-in and check-out were prompt, but neither welcoming nor personable (no welcome to the hotel, no thanks for staying). The guest room was comfortable and clean, though the carpet edges along the baseboard carpet trim were dusty and the shower tile was discolored. The room was comfortable and well stocked, e.g., coffee maker, iron/ironing board, microwave, mini fridge, hair dryer, etc. The in-room whirlpool was clean and functional. Complimentary breakfast included apples, yogurt, cold cereal, pastries, a waffle and pancake maker, orange juice, milk, coffee and tea.
1 night romance trip Jul 10, 2015
Vickie
"$$ for MichAdventure location, not luxury"
Not the best, not the worst. Breakfast was decent, rooms are mostly clean, staff was helpful. Chose this hotel to be close to Michigan Adventure Park. I determined that we paid more for convenience of location than anything. Usually this rate would be a lot nicer of a hotel. I would stay there again, but only to be close to Park, not because this hotel wow-ed me.
1 night family trip Jul 6, 2015
"Old an smelly"
Old, dated and smelly.
1 night family trip Jul 6, 2015
bruce
"Good but"
The room was clean and fresh the bed was so good but the pillow was from Walmart ): so cheap I couldnot sleep all night . The breakfast was ahh Below average .
1 night trip Jul 3, 2015
Rama
"dissapointing, won't stay again"
Shower Was So Molded That I Wouldn't SHOWeR in it. Room smelled like mold. Door key control very tempramental. Room a/c control wouldn't adjust. Waste for 200 a night. Will never stay again. Hotels.com was dissapointing according to reviews. Going to contact corporate for ramada
2 night family trip Jul 3, 2015
michael
"Close to Michigan Adventure."
8 minutes from Michigan adventure on the back road, nice warm outside pool, great breakfast (we had a pancake maker, never seen that). Comfy beds. No elevator.
2 night family trip Jul 2, 2015
janine
"Will stay again!"
Awesome! This is a great and clean hotel! The rooms are spacious as is the oversized jetted tub. It is right off the highway and close to many shops and restaurants.
5 night family trip Jun 7, 2015
Carmen K
Was in town for a graduation, The carpet in the entire facility was in need of cleaning . the lavatory was plugged for the entire 3 days that we were there and I asked for it to be attended to twice , the exhaust fan in the bathroom did not work. the breakfast was minimal , juice was watered, the toaster did not work.the swimming pool had not been cleaned in the 3 days of our stay. The bar opened at 4 and was good.
3 night romance trip May 27, 2015
"Amazing family vacation"
The rooms were very clean. The hotel staff was very friendly and the bar and grill Tony's was the most amazing experience. The food was amazing the owner Tony was a great host and it was very clean and the kids loved it as well. The food was also very affordable.
1 night family trip May 28, 2015
Tyrone
"Home away from home"
This is my hotel of choice when I return to visit my home town as this was the second time I stayed at this location when visiting friends and family. The staff is typically friendly (although, this time the morning front desk person was a bit rude when I had to deal with her), the rooms are very well kept, and the beds are the most comfortable that I have slept on other than the one I have at home. The price is right for this hotel.
2 night romance trip May 22, 2015
"nice hotel stay for one night"
Nice hotel for a night but bed was very firm and hurt our backs
1 night romance trip Apr 25, 2015
Rebecca
Nice but didn't have enough time at hotel. Was always on the go. Could offer more variety for breakfast. Hey
Other trip Jan 5, 2015
"Couple Getaway"
Very Comfortable stay.
1 night romance trip Dec 12, 2014
"Enjoyable stay"
I was a little nervous going into the stay because I thought with the prices as low as it was, the hotel itself wasn't going to be that well kept up. But I am thankful it wasn't the case. The beds in the room were extremely comfortable (so comfortable in fact that it was hard to get out of them in the morning). The shower could have used an update but it wasn't filthy or anything too bad. And the heater worked extremely well which was great with all the winter snow we had over the weekend. The only "complaints" that I would have is the walls were paper thin and the timing of the room service. My cousin and I found out both of these the hard way. When we went to sleep and could hear the person in the room next to us snoring very loudly. And then the next morning, room service came at an extremely early time. Other than that, the service was nice and if I needed to stay at a hotel near my home again, I will definitely stay here again.
2 night family trip Nov 26, 2014
"Not pet friendly"
Reserved a room for my wife, myself and our trusted pet since the hotel is listed as pet friendly. When we arrived they would not allow us to keep our friend inside even if he was kept in a cage. With other motels booked we were forced to leave him in the car for the night. The whirlpool was full of hair and there was no heat control either on or off nothing in between. The breakfast consisted of toast, juice, coffee plastic wraped danish and waffels no egg or protein.
Other trip Nov 16, 2014
lynette
"5 Star Dump"
By 10:30pm the noise level ramped up and it now sounded like there were kids running & jumping off the beds. Office stated it’s not her job to baby sit guest’s children. I can discuss this with (manager) in AM. Went to desk in am and no surprise no Manager!Now about the hotel its self, the room had not been dusted in who knows how long. See video There was a stain on the bed sheet that had a matching spot on mattress cover below, leaving us to believe the sheets had not been changed from the previous guests.Sink was very slow/plugged, broken floor tiles at toilet, and drywall dust on the floor at the tub from a lame attempt to repair water damage.(they don't vacuum either) I sure wouldn’t use the iron available as it was all taped up as if to stop water from leaking from its tank.The coffee tray had dried spilled coffee on it.While packing up in the AM we noticed three nearby cars packed with personal belonging as if they were being lived out of. It appears that groups of people get together and share long term rooms. Also the side entrance that this group uses has a sign that states the door is locked from the outside which it is not.
1 night romance trip Oct 24, 2014
Greg
"Will Be Back!"
Pleasantly surprised with the cleanliness and comfort of the room. We had driven quite afew hours and was happy to find a restaurant and bar on the premises. Food was delicious and the barmaid was very helpful and friendly.
1 night romance trip Oct 18, 2014
Paulette
"Not bad for the price we paid"
The place seemed clean and I didnt have any complaint other than the bath tub. I did not look clean and the shower curtain had mold on the bottom because it was hung to low so it touched the floor of the tub in our room. The staff should really scrub the bottom of the tub and bleach that curtain or get it hung at the correct height. Everything else was great and the coffee they served for breakfast is the best I have ever had! Loved it!
2 night family trip Oct 17, 2014
kd
"Decent place to stay"
It seems the hotel is understaffed, the lounge/grill was not open on Saturday night but luckily we there are plenty of other restaurants in the area.
2 night trip with friends Oct 10, 2014
"No thank you"
Never again
1 night business trip Sep 27, 2014
"OK Hotel"
I stayed two nights. The room was clean but smelled of cigarette. It was supposed to be a non-smoking room. The gal at the front desk checked to see if she had any other room available. There was none. So I kept the room. The breakfast was ok. waffles and cereal. Nothing exceptional about this hotel.
Other trip Oct 12, 2014
Sue
Nice quiet and comfortable, good food at the restaurant/bar and great service.
1 night trip Oct 3, 2014
"Clean room, nice bed, comfortable"
Clean room, nice bed, comfortable but nothing special.
Other trip Sep 29, 2014
Enjoyed it, bed comfy. Room clean. Only issue is the entrance confusing a little at night.
1 night trip Sep 20, 2014
Kathy Curtis
For the price and location this was a great place to stay. The staff was very helpful and the breakfast was really good. A bonus if you fish or hunt they have boat charging station and a cleaning station.
Other trip Sep 23, 2014
Did not care for an outdoor pool. Visiting grand kids w/ small baby. Too cool in sept
2 night trip Sep 6, 2014
"Does not live up to advertising"
Room was dusty, HVAC was noisy all day/night, badly stained guest chairs in room, water temp in bathroom was at a hot/unsafe temperature (especially with us having smaller kids travelling with us), "heated" pool was cold (we jumped in Lake Michigan the next day and it was warmer) , breakfast was included but consisted of cereal/waffles/prepackaged danishes...no real sustenance (eggs, sausage, anything would have helped). Would have expected much more from the place at that price range.
Other trip Sep 9, 2014
"I will be staying across the street..."
The sink was severely clogged in the bathroom. Anyone cleaning the room should have noticed it. There was not much care in cleaning the room. The place smelled like an ashtray and was dirty. Next time, we will be staying at the hotel across the street.
1 night family trip Sep 5, 2014
"basic hotel no thrills"
Room was musty smelling even after airing out it never smelled any better. Pool was ok but not heated like listimg said. Breakfast was good but get down there early it gets crowded. Basic place to rest check onlome multiple times before booking because pricing actually drops if you can wait
2 night business trip Aug 30, 2014
mike
"Very clean, nice pool area, and nice surroundings"
We had fun on our mini-vacation. The pool is outdoor so it has to be the right time of year if you want to go swimming. Very pretty grounds, clean and enjoyable.
1 night trip Aug 22, 2014
"close to michigan adventure"
it was clean and comfortable,,the staff was very polite and cautious,,the dryer didn't work and we a lot of wet cloths and towels from our trip to Michigan adventure but the staff took all our wet garmets and dried them for free in the hotel dryer...I have nothing but good things to say about the staff...nice to be treated cautiously and polite...thank you..
1 night family trip Aug 26, 2014
"HORRIBLE!!!"
Hotel looked and was nothing as it stated or appeared online!! Rooms were disgusting. Beds were worn out and bedding did not appear to be clean. bathroom full of hair and stains on counters (I don't even want to know what the stain was!!) Rooms and hallways smelt of smoke (man was actually out in hallway smoking when we arrived). On top of everything...we still have not received a refund for that night (we check out 15 minutes after checking in to the hotel).
1 night family trip Aug 23, 2014
Katherine
"Not What I'm Used To"
I try not to be a complainer but this hotel is not what I'm used to. It was really dated and too expensive not to have better amenities. Our room was located on the lower level of the hotel which was very awkward. Needless to say we will not go back there.
2 night trip Aug 23, 2014
Uncomfortable Customer
"Heritage Jazz Fest"
When we Returned to our room Saturday night the door was open not just unlocked but open, nothing was missing thank God .We did report it to the front desk , all she said was she does not know how that could have happened, she never came to see if everything was okay. or if we felt secure staying in the room. other than that it was okay for the money
1 night trip Aug 23, 2014
Sandra
"Nice Location close to Michigan Adventure..."
Room was not that clean.. Coffee Pot still had old coffee and grounds in it, shower had black mold on curtain and around fauset had to keep curtain out of tub or it put black flakes in tub when ya were showering...Called down to desk several times about everything not all was resolved coffee pot they did come and get the glass pot only and took it and rinsed it out and brought it back with soap suds in it...
Other trip Aug 25, 2014
Judy
"Decent for the price."
good for a room. Right off the highway. service at desk was spotty. Breakfast was average. Enjoyable room and bed. Room was good sized and clean.
1 night trip Aug 20, 2014
Need to move ashtrays away from entrance ways, as smoke permeates into hotel!! Bathroom drains need to be cleaned as water does not drain well in rooms I have stayed in over the years. Main level and second floor recommended as lower level seems to have moisture issues as do most below ground rooms seems to have! Book on line!! Front desk young Lady very attentive, a real asset to this location!!
2 night trip Aug 20, 2014
Fred
"Nice Place to Stay, close to Michigan's Adventure"
My family and I had a very pleasant stay at the Ramada Inn Whitehall. Room was clean and comfortable. Staff were very friendly and accommodating. The location was great, right off the highway and very close to Michigan's Adventure. Nice outdoor pool and bar/restaurant onsite. Overall we had a great experience and wouldn't hesitate to stay there again.
Other trip Aug 22, 2014
"close to mi adventure"
Enjoyed the stay.the pool was clean well maintained . restaurant food was good.breakfast was great just get there before kids do it was hectic and loud earlier the better . overall I recommend.
1 night family trip Aug 17, 2014
jeff smith
"Quiet hotel"
Quiet hotel. Doesn't have elevator. Not much attractions nearby. About 6 miles from michigan adventure
Other trip Aug 19, 2014
"Buyer Beware"
I spent almost 200 bucks on a hotel that is barely 2 star, more like 1. The only thing extra they had was a nice lounge that was closed for a private party with a jamming DJ. The fitness room was scary. The treadmill was from 1978 and there was a door open to another large dark room that smelled bad. Needless to say, I got more exercise running away from that place. The beds were nice, the rooms and bathroom were very shabby, but clean. and the breakfast was good and the lady working the breakfast was very helpful. No hot water at all for the shower. This run down hotel has probably paid for itself 10 times over at those prices and the people keep coming so who cares.
Other trip Aug 18, 2014
"Sufficient but pricey"
Overall the hotel was attractive and the room was nice...beds very comfortable. I felt the dust on the A/C unit could have been cleaned out. The bathroom needed some maintenance since the fixtures/parts were looking very worn where you couldn't tell if they were clean or not. The breakfast was a very basic continental and I would have expected more since the price of the room was, in my opinion, as expensive as a nice room in a larger city where my perks would have been better.
Other trip Aug 10, 2014
Colleen
"Close to Michigan Adventures"
Very comfortable and clean rooms. We'd spent the day at Michigan Adventures and was only about 5 miles away. Perfect! Only problem was trying to find somewhere to eat besides fast food.
1 night family trip Aug 5, 2014