All hotels in Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania, United States of America
1075 Wilkes-Barre Twp. Blvd. SR 309, Wilkes-Barre, PA, 18702, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9479

"Pet friendly"
We had to come into town overnight for a funeral. Because it was a last minute trip, we decided to book a hotel that allowed dogs so we could bring our Shih-Tzu. This was by far the cleanest hotel that we have stayed in in the area. Our only complaint which we did not bring up to the staff was that when we turned on the heater/air conditioner in the room, the room immediately smelled like a pet store. I would imagine that there is quite a bit of animal fur inside the filter which caused this. We decided to turn it off immediately. Besides that, the breakfast was decent and the hotel was quiet. I would definitely come back.
Response by Econo Lodge Arena Wilkes Barre
Dear Marc, I cannot thank you enough for taking the time to share your experience regarding your recent stay at our hotel. I very much appreciate and value your feedback and will share it with the team. It is such a pleasure to receive positive feedback. My only wish is that you had reported the odor from the heating unit to the staff so that we could have addressed it. Thank you again, and we hope your next visit will be even more pleasant than the previous one.
1 night family trip Jan 4, 2015
Marc
"Great find on the cheap"
Although a bit outdated, for the price this place is great. Clean rooms, dog friendly (my dog was very happy here), and free breakfast. The staff was super nice, too.
Response by Econo Lodge Arena Wilkes Barre
Dear Genevieve, Thank you for your kind words and for your time. I truly appreciate it. I also understand how sometimes the comfort of our pets is just as important as our own. Hope you can visit with us again soon.
1 night trip Jan 2, 2015
Genevieve
"Worth the drive"
friendly, warm, accomodating ,very pleased
Response by Econo Lodge Arena Wilkes Barre
Hello Brad, I cannot thank you enough for taking the time to offer your review and for expressing your positive comments. It's truly rewarding to hear how pleased you were with your visit. Our guests feedback is more important than you can imagine. Thank you again and hope to see you again soon.
5 night family trip Dec 25, 2014
Brad
"family visit"
I always enjoy my stay at econolodge in Wilks Barre PA. the room is always clean. service is good and the continental breakfast is very good. I would recommend it to others.
Response by Econo Lodge Arena Wilkes Barre
Dear Charles, Please accept my gratitude for taking the time to offer your review of the hotel. I am thrilled that the hotel continues to meet your needs and you were comfortable. Thank you for your repeat business and hope to see you again soon...
4 night family trip Dec 24, 2014
"Four-star service from a two-star hotel"
We stayed four nights over Thanksgiving with our pet dog. Despite being a two-star hotel, this hotel gave four-star service. There was a card in our room telling us who to contact if something didn't work. There was a pet-welcome "packet" with dog bones, a plastic bag for picking up after your pet, tips on traveling with a pet and info on the pet area outside. We had paid for our room through hotels.com but the hotel clerk double-charged us. When I called to let them know of their mistake, they immediately retracted the charges and to compensate us, didn't charge us the $10/night pet fee. The room was super clean. We would absolutely stay there again if we are in need of a hotel in the Wilkes-Barre area.
Response by Econo Lodge Arena Wilkes Barre
I can't begin to tell you how much your comments and those of all of our guests are appreciated. I truly thank you for taking time to share your review with us and with potential travelers to our area. I'm thrilled to hear we are now on your "Where to Stay" list! Thank you again and hope you can visit us sooner rather than later.
4 night family trip Nov 25, 2014
"Clean, easy to find, friendly staff"
Easy to find, friendly staff, comfortable beds, clean room, complimentary breakfast. Perfect.
Response by Econo Lodge Arena Wilkes Barre
Thank you so very much for sharing your time and experience with us. I cannot express how wonderful reading your comments about your recent stay made me feel. Feedback such as yours just seems to make the day to day business of the hotel just a bit brighter. Thank you again and hopefully we'll see you again soon
1 night family trip Nov 25, 2014
Julianne
"great pet hotel"
very clean and the beds were comfortable , that is the most important thing for us to get a good nights sleep.the rm is set up well for cats as the frame of beds goes to floor so pet can not get under bed important for cats as they sometimes do not want to go back in carrier.
Response by Econo Lodge Arena Wilkes Barre
Thank you for your kind words and for taking the time to share your comments with other travelers. I truly appreciate it. I was so happy to hear you were able to get a good night's sleep and I do understand how sometimes the comfort of our pets is just as important as our own. Hope you can visit with us again soon.
lorraine
"right off highway...super"
All services are available with in walking distance...couldn't get much better than that! Breakfast was really good
Response by Econo Lodge Arena Wilkes Barre
Thank you so much... I was thrilled to hear you were happy with your visit and found the hotel convenient for your needs. Words cannot express how much your recommendations to other travelers will mean to all of us here at the hotel. Earning your "5" STARS is like icing on the cake! Please know how much we appreciate that you took the time to offer your review. Hope your next visit can be sooner rather than later.
"Clean"
Nice and clean room but the air freshener in the ac unit is really strong and smells horrible other then that the hotel was nice clean and well staffed
Response by Econo Lodge Arena Wilkes Barre
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience regarding your recent stay at our hotel. We very much appreciate and value your feedback. Although your visit was less than perfect, due to the new air fresheners we are trying, your kind words are much appreciated. I appreciate that you alerted me to this. Thank you again and I hope you will give us another opportunity in the future.
"Great for a short stay"
GREAT PLACE TO USE DURING A TRIP HOME FROM THE SOUTH. Clean ,friendly and close to route 81.Good breakfast.
Response by Econo Lodge Arena Wilkes Barre
Thank you so much for taking the time to offer your feedback about your recent visit with us. I was happy to hear you enjoyed our newly upgraded hot breakfast. Our staff works very hard in order for our guests to feel at home while they visit us and comments such as yours are very much appreciated. Hopefully you'll be able to visit us again soon. Once again....THANK YOU !
1 night romance trip Nov 9, 2014
"Nice Place"
I thought the room was very nice for being an Econolodge. The staff was nice and pleasant. I would stay on the third floor next time because you don't hear people walking above you.
Response by Econo Lodge Arena Wilkes Barre
Thank you so much for taking the time to offer your feedback about your recent visit with us. I am especially grateful for your kind words. Our staff works very hard in order for our guests to feel at home while they visit us and comments such as yours are very much appreciated. Hopefully you'll be able to visit us again. THANK YOU !
1 night family trip Oct 20, 2014
Alison
"friiendly and helpful"
Had a nice stay people were friendly and helpful when asking them for help with directions. Will def stay again anytime I am in the area
Response by Econo Lodge Arena Wilkes Barre
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and giving us such positive feedback! I shared you comments with our staff and they join me in thanking you for your kind words. We take pride in our hotel and the services we provide and we are so glad you enjoyed your stay. Hope you'll visit us again soon....
1 night family trip Oct 17, 2014
VIRGINIA
Room was very clean and service was excellent. Appreciated the quality and variety offered at breakfast. We stopped coming and going on our trip and appreciated the location. The most important for me is cleanliness and it was very good.
Response by Econo Lodge Arena Wilkes Barre
On behalf of our entire staff, I would like to let you know how delighted we were to receive your kind words of praise. I was very pleased to hear you found your room comfortable and clean. Again, let me thank you for your kind words. We are committed to total guest satisfaction, and we look forward to your next visit.
1 night trip Oct 17, 2014
Prior
My wife is a smoker so we got a smoking room.... when we first opened the door the smell was horrible. We went and bought a room air freshener that helped as well as an open window. They were under construction as they were having a new roof put on - the sings said that the work would not start before 10am,. Our stay was for a Sat and Sun night and Monday was a Holiday (Columbus day) we shouldn't have a problem... well.... About 7;15am on Mon morning the banging and walking around had begun. Though it had only lasted about 20 minutes it got us up as we were still sleeping.
Response by Econo Lodge Arena Wilkes Barre
Thank you for taking the time to offer your comments about your recent visit. I am sorry to hear your rest was disturbed. Our contractor informed us they would not be working on the holiday but we were not aware that the roof inspector would be. Once again...I am truly sorry. Should you ever decide to stay with us again, let us know about the smoking room odor . We have an ionizer that we could put in the room before your arrival or even after you check in. Thank you again and hope to see you again...
2 night romance trip Oct 11, 2014
Mike B
"Nice place to stay"
Clean rooms, friendly staff, diner right next door, and free breakfast. Pretty sweet deal.
Response by Econo Lodge Arena Wilkes Barre
I cannot thank you enough for taking the time to offer your review and for expressing your positive comments. It's truly rewarding to hear how pleased you were with your visit. Our guests feedback is more important than you can imagine. Thank you again and I hope to see you again soon.
1 night business trip Oct 12, 2014
"Comfy hotel"
My daughter and I traveled from CT to watch the opening game of the Wilkes-Barre Penguins. I made reservations ahead of time. The hotel was right off of the highway and very easy to find. We were able to check in early. The staff was very accommodating and courteous. They offered a FULL breakfast which was a pleasant surprise, and pretty tasty. The room was clean and comfortable with a fridge and microwave oven. There was even microwave popcorn in the vending machine. We loved that there was plenty of shopping to do and the casino was really close. We will definitely stay here again.
Response by Econo Lodge Arena Wilkes Barre
Thank you so very much for sharing your time and experience with other travelers. I cannot express how wonderful reading your comments about your recent stay made me feel. I will certainly pass them along to the entire staff. Feedback such as yours just seems to make the day to day business of the hotel just a bit brighter. Just so you won't expect it every time you visit, providing a "win" to your hockey team is not a regular part of our hospitality. lol Thank you again and hopefully we'll see you again soon.
Other trip Oct 14, 2014
Terrie
"Very disappointed"
My wife and I were very disappointed with our stay. The hotel staff was very nice while checking in however when we get to our room I instantly had a problem. We had made reservations for a king size bed in a non smoking room on the hotels.com website. When we went back to the front desk to ask them about the mistake, they informed us that because we made the reservation through a third party they couldn't guarantee what kind of room we got. We ended up with a smoke filled room with two double beds. It was hard to breathe let alone sleep in that room. We spent very little time in it because it was making us sick. We will nor be staying there again. I'm not sure we will use hotels.com if that is the typical kind of service provided.
Response by Econo Lodge Arena Wilkes Barre
Thank you for taking the time to bring this matter to my attention. Whether positive or negative, your experiences are used as a tool to maintain our award winning status. The principal goal of our hotel is to provide dependable service to all of our guests at reasonable prices. Please accept my sincerest apology regarding the mix-up with your room reservation. This is not something that is common practice or acceptable in any way. I want you to know that the comments we receive from our guests are taken seriously. Please be assured that the issues you've raised have been addressed with the staff. Again, I want to thank you for taking the time to let me know about this unfortunate incident.
1 night family trip Oct 11, 2014
"Nice clean hotel"
The hotel was clean, rooms were big. We could hear people above,try to stay on the top floor. Perkins restaraunt was good to have next door. We arrived late and had a late dinner and a good breakfast in the morning.
Response by Econo Lodge Arena Wilkes Barre
I cannot thank you enough for taking the time to offer your review and for expressing your positive comments. It's truly rewarding to hear how pleased you were with your visit. Our guests feedback is more important than you can imagine. Thank you again and hope to see you soon.
1 night trip Oct 11, 2014
Sam
1St stay @ A Econolodge - will definately book in the future!
Response by Econo Lodge Arena Wilkes Barre
Thank you so much... You cannot imagine how much your recommendations to other travelers means to all of us here at the hotel. Please know how much we appreciate that you took the time to offer your review. Hope your next visit can be sooner rather than later.
Other trip Oct 13, 2014
"Came to town for funeral so the amenites were fine"
The hotel was clean and the complimentary breakfast was just right. The people at the front desk were gracious and helpful when we needed directions to find places in town.
Response by Econo Lodge Arena Wilkes Barre
Hi Robin... I cannot thank you enough for taking the time to share your experience regarding your recent stay at our hotel. I very much appreciate and value your feedback and will share it with the team. It is such a pleasure to receive positive feedback. Thank you again for sharing, and I hope your next visit will be even more pleasant than the previous one.
Other trip Oct 13, 2014
Robin
"Not what I expected"
I booked this room for my husband and I based on the previous reviews and ratings. I was surprised at how unempressed I was. The AC in the room was not working properly maybe due to being at the change of seasons but we had to sleep with the window open. The hotel must have had thin floors becase I could hear the people above us walking around and in the moring I was woken up to the staff getting the breakfast ready below us at 5:30am both days. Sadly I was not happy...super bummed. The breakfast was very limited and crowded. The food was lower quality than expected but still had enough optins for a lite breakfast. The WiFi in the rooms was very slow and would stop working randomly. The TVs were VERY outdated!
Response by Econo Lodge Arena Wilkes Barre
Dear Emily, Thank you for taking the time to offer your feedback regarding your recent stay at our hotel. On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations. My only wish is that you would have reported some of these things while you were here so that we could have the opportunity to make things right. Your satisfaction truly is important to us and we will be using the feedback you provided to make improvements to ensure we offer an exceptional experience for our guests in the future. I hope that you will consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with a superior experience. Thank you again for alerting me of your dissatisfaction.
1 night romance trip Sep 20, 2014
Emily
"Comfortable & Clean!"
Don't let the Econo name fool you, this is a quality hotel, easy on the budget. The bed & pillows were soooo comfortable. Everything was clean. We could have used more towels, that's all. The breakfast was average pretty good for continental. My only complaint was the attitude of 1 girl at night, when we came in from Dinner, we stopped at the desk to ask for 2 more towels, no-one was there, she came out of somewhere in the hall & went behind the customer service desk. We asked for towels, she grudgingly without a word gave them to us, I then asked for a card on the contest they were having, she told me it was in my room, I told her I lost it, she acted like it was an imposition to give me, still not a word, just attitude. Like we were really bothering her! Also the Sunday morning attendant at breakfast started closing out everything at 9:15, breakfast was til 9:30, she told people at 9:25 breakfast was over, one guy she wouldn't even let him get coffee. Coffee & tea are supposed to be available 24 hours. These 2 incidents spoiled a 5 star rating.
Response by Econo Lodge Arena Wilkes Barre
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience regarding your recent stay at our hotel. We very much appreciate and value your feedback. Your comments serve as a tool to improve where we may be lacking. Although your visit was less than perfect, your kind words are much appreciated. Hearing that anyone on our staff was less than hospitable to our guests is completely unacceptable. I appreciate that you alerted me to this. Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope your next visit will be even more pleasant than the previous one.
2 night trip Sep 13, 2014
Bobbie
"clean and comfortable"
The staff was very friendly and helpful. Room was clean and comfortable. Couple of issues thou,tvs need to be updated, breakfast needs to be improved, and problem with toilet back flushing.
Response by Econo Lodge Arena Wilkes Barre
Thank you for taking the time to offer your comments about your recent visit. I was very pleased to hear the positive feedback regarding the hotel's cleanliness and comfort. By the way, we are working on replacing those tube TV's with flat screens as I type this. We hope to have them all replaced very soon. Thank you again and hope to see you again in the future....
3 night trip Sep 14, 2014
mark
Great value excellent staff
Response by Econo Lodge Arena Wilkes Barre
Thank you so much for taking the time to offer your feedback about your recent visit with us. I am especially grateful for your kind words and those 5 STARS! Our staff works very hard in order for our guests to feel at home while they visit us and comments such as yours are very much appreciated. Once again....THANK YOU !
1 night business trip Sep 13, 2014
"Close to shopping and Mohegan Sun casino"
Very clean, but strong odor of cleaning materials in hallway of third floor. Pillows rock hard, and antiquated TV (no flat screens). Weird watching a tube TV, but didn't do much of that at all. Suite at end of floor (302) wasn't able to maintain wireless connection, kept dropping, had to relogin multiple times. Front desk advised they're working to improve signal strength to router.
Response by Econo Lodge Arena Wilkes Barre
Thank you so much...your feedback regarding your recent visit with us is very much appreciated. Whether good or bad, it is used as a tool to maintain our award winning status. We do strive daily to continuously improve the quality of our services. Although your visit was less than perfect, I really appreciate the fact that you alerted me of your dissatisfaction. We are in the process of upgrading to flat screen televisions. Thank you again...and I hope you will consider visiting us again in the future.
2 night trip Sep 13, 2014
"Good Value Clean but smelled smokey Pleasant staff"
For the most part the room was clean and comfortable. Adequate for the price. It was a non-smoking room that we requested. Perhaps it was recently converted from a smoking room to a non-smoking one. Because, as soon as we walked in, we smelled cigarette smoke. Free wi-fi was a nice bonus as well as HBO, if you wanted to take advantage of the movies. In the evening when we checked in and the next day when we checked out, the staff was kind and helpful. It was disappointing though, that they had a few specials (gas and casino vouchers,) but we were not able to take advantage of them for our stay, since we paid the day before. The continental breakfast was pretty good for continental and since it's included in the price. There was a nice selection. There was fresh fruit which included a few types types of apples and bananas - which were green. The hard boiled eggs were overcooked a bit, as they had a green ring around the yoke. The scrambled eggs were powdered. They looked it and tasted it. There was oatmeal that was a bit slimy and luke warm at best. Other than that, there was plenty of coffee being refilled, and plenty that was good to keep you filled for the morning. We would return to this hotel if by chance we are in the area again.
Response by Econo Lodge Arena Wilkes Barre
On behalf of our entire staff, I would like to let you know how delighted we were to receive your kind words of praise. The principal goal of our hotel is to provide dependable service to all of our guests at reasonable prices. But, it's only through their eyes that we can accurately assess the quality of the accommodations and services we provide. I was very pleased to hear you found your room comfortable and clean. Although your visit was less than perfect, I am thrilled to hear you will return should you come to the area again. Again, let me thank you for your kind words.
1 night trip Sep 12, 2014
Was very unexpectedly much better than the low price would suggest.
Response by Econo Lodge Arena Wilkes Barre
Thank you for taking the time to pass on your thoughts to others regarding your recent stay at our hotel. Your positive feedback is truly appreciated and especially the high scores you afforded us. Thank you again and hope to see you soon.
Other trip Sep 1, 2014
"Quite Satisfied"
Hotel and service staff met or exceeded all of our expectations and our reasons choosing this hotel/location. It was a busy weekend here.
2 night trip Aug 16, 2014
Joe Z
"nice stay in Wilkes Barre"
The hotel isn't anything fancy but the staff is extremely pleasant and helpful and the room was clean. The beds were surprisingly comfortable. Our only beef was that we had requested a non-smoking room but because the hotel was full and we arrived late they couldn't accommodate our request. Smoking rooms stink despite clear hotel efforts to keep them clean. My advice to others is to arrive earlier in the day if travelling on peak holiday weekends and wanting a particular type of room.
Other trip Aug 18, 2014
Travelling Mama
"great overnight stay, helpful and courteous staff."
after a long drive it was great to be pleasantly greeted and have questions answered. great stay and would do it again.
Response by Econo Lodge Arena Wilkes Barre
I cannot thank you enough for taking the time to offer your review and for expressing your positive comments. It's truly rewarding to hear you were pleased with your visit. Our guests feedback is more important than you can imagine. Thank you again and hope to see you again soon.
Other trip Aug 12, 2014
xxx
"Back again"
We stayed at this hotel last week, and planned our return to trip to make sure we stayed here again - that's how much we like this place! We stayed at numerous hotels in this price range in the last 2 weeks and this was far and away the best. Excellent staff, super clean facility, and the breakfast was awesome! The staff do a great job in all areas. You should definitely stay here!
Response by Econo Lodge Arena Wilkes Barre
I was thrilled to hear you enjoyed your recent visit with us. Thank you for taking the time to let me know. We just recently upgraded to a hot breakfast and the response so far has been very positive. Most of our guests really enjoy the scrambled eggs and sausage. Even the freshly made oatmeal has been a big hit even though it's warm weather, which surprised me. Once again....thank you and we hope we'll see you again soon
1 night family trip Aug 6, 2014
Ric Clark
"Outstanding for overnight stay"
This hotel was a very pleasant surprise compared to others in this price range. The staff was very friendly and competent, and the hotel & room were VERY clean compared to others we have seen. Great WiFi too! The only very minor negatives were the lack of a flat panel TV and extra electric outlets in the room, but this was minor compared to the quality of the service. We will be coming back through next week and will definitely stay here again!
Response by Econo Lodge Arena Wilkes Barre
On behalf of our entire staff, I would like to let you know how delighted we were to receive your kind words of praise. The principal goal of our hotel is to provide dependable service to all of our guests at reasonable prices. But, it's only through their eyes that we can accurately assess the quality of the accommodations and services we provide. ...we look forward to your next visit.
1 night family trip Jul 31, 2014
Ric Clark
"Very nice"
Conveniently located off highway, but did not hear any highway noise from my room. Friendly service, great breakfast - 2 large rooms to accommodate the breakfast crowd. LOTS of towels, fridge, microwave, comfortable beds. Would stay here again. We didn't explore the area since we were just passing through. Local pizza shop delivered quickly to our room.
Response by Econo Lodge Arena Wilkes Barre
Please accept my gratitude for taking the time to offer your review of the hotel. I am thrilled that the hotel met your needs and you were comfortable. Hope to see you again...
1 night family trip Aug 2, 2014
Everything was pretty nice. The one thing we didn't like was your exhaust system in the elevators and bathrooms. They could use an updating. Your elevators STINK I guess of smoke. We were holding our breathe when we entered. And the bathrooms took forever to clear after a shower. Otherwise everything was good.
Response by Econo Lodge Arena Wilkes Barre
Thank you for taking the time to let me know about your recent stay at our hotel. On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations. Your satisfaction is very important and we will be using the feedback you provided to make improvements. I hope that you will consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with a superior experience.
Other trip Aug 8, 2014
"Good stop!"
Clean comfy handy stop.
Response by Econo Lodge Arena Wilkes Barre
Thank you for taking the time to offer your comments about your recent visit. Your feedback is very important to us in order to maintain our award winning status. Once again, thank you and hope to see you again in the future....
1 night trip Aug 1, 2014
I looked at a bunch of reviews and choose Econo Lodge because of all the nice things I read. And they did not disappoint. The staff was very good, rooms were clean and the breakfast was good also. Hard for me being celiac, but they where a few things I could eat. Hats off to Econo lodge for a very nice one night stay. Would definitely stay there again.
Response by Econo Lodge Arena Wilkes Barre
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. Time is your most valuable resource and we truly appreciate that you gave us some of yours. We use our guests feedback, whether positive or negative, to try to improve the overall guest experience and in order to maintain our award winning status. Once again.... THANK YOU !
1 night trip Jul 10, 2014
Steve Griffin
"Vacation Travel"
We typically stay at a Hampton Inn or Holiday Inn but since it was overnight and the price was half, we decided to try this hotel. What a pleasant surprise! Awesome staff and very clean - the two things most important to me! My husband and I had just had a bad experience at another hotel chain - we were very pleased with this experience - and will try Econo Lodge again!
Response by Econo Lodge Arena Wilkes Barre
First and foremost...THANK YOU so much for giving us a try and especially for taking the time to tell other travelers about your positive experience. As I'm sure you know in todays world, travelers are using travel reviews more than ever before and your comments are a precious gift to us. Thank you again and I hope you will visit us again sometime.
Other trip Jul 17, 2014
"trouble free stay"
the Econolodge was located right off the highway, a convienent location for through-travelers. The staff was friendly and helpful, the room was clean and the neighbors were quiet! I recommend this location.
Response by Econo Lodge Arena Wilkes Barre
Thank you for your kind remarks regarding your recent visit with us and especially for the 5 STAR rating. I am thrilled you found the hotel and the staff to your liking. Hope you can visit us again soon...
1 night trip Jul 11, 2014
DM Stewart
Very pleasant experience. Easy to find off of I81 Nice staff, clean room, restaurant nearby.
Other trip Jul 14, 2014
Jon
"No problems here"
We chose this EconoLodge for its easy on and off I-81. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. Breakfast was the usual fare for a hotel of this type. Our room was clean and comfortable and we had no problems with any of the hotel staff or services.
Response by Econo Lodge Arena Wilkes Barre
I know our guests have many hotels to choose from. Thank you for choosing us and more so for rewarding us with your 5 star rating. Also for sharing your comments with other travelers. It is appreciated more than you know. I hope you will visit with us again soon...
1 night trip Jul 4, 2014
P. Fox
"Overnight stay"
Had a great nights stay and the staff was very friendly. Rooms were clean and hotel was overall a nice place to stay
Response by Econo Lodge Arena Wilkes Barre
Thank you for sharing your experience with other travelers. You have no idea how much we appreciate it. It is only through our former guests eyes that we can see where we can make changes to provide the best possible service and improvements that help us to maintain our award winning status. Thank you again and hope to see you again soon.
1 night trip Jun 7, 2014
Was completely satisfied with eveything but the pillows. Very hard, but I love soft pillows I can sink in, just me! Breakfast was excellent, and to have it ready at 5:30 so we could get on the road was wonderful.
Response by Econo Lodge Arena Wilkes Barre
I'm thrilled you were satisfied with your visit with us. I completely understand about the pillows. I atually travel with my own just because it's my comfy one. Our breakfast has just recently been upgraded with the hot scrambled eggs and sausage and it really seems to be a big hit. I'm an early riser and know exactly what you mean about having it ready at 5:30. Thank you for sharing and hope to see you again soon.
1 night trip Jun 5, 2014
Staff was very courteous and helpful - the Breakfast Hostess was precious. Well maintained and a very clean hotel - a good value.
Response by Econo Lodge Arena Wilkes Barre
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with other travelers. Feedback from our guests is very important to us and your input helps with our continuing efforts to provide excellent service and a great stay. Thank you so much for your business and we look forward to seeing you in the future.
2 night trip May 31, 2014
Al Howell
"Upscale for an Econo-Lodge."
The hotel was awesome, very clean, plenty of space in the room. We were very pleased
Response by Econo Lodge Arena Wilkes Barre
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. Time is your most valuable resource and we truly appreciate that shared some of yours to tell other travelers about your expereince. Your feedback is important to us, whether positive or negative, in order to improve the overall guest experience and in order to maintain our award winning status. Once again.... thank you and we hope to see you again soon.
1 night trip May 29, 2014
Alice
"fine for one or two nights"
This hotel was fine for one or two nights. It is not new but is was clean. We had no problems with our stay and we would stay there again when passing through.
Response by Econo Lodge Arena Wilkes Barre
Please accept my sincerest gratitiude for taking time to offer your review of the hotel. Our staff takes pride in their work and your comments prove that. We hope to see you again in the near future... Thank you again!
Other trip May 12, 2014
"Clean Safe Place to Stay"
We were soooo impressed!! It was clean and safe. The breakfast was delicious and there was a great variety. Fresh and delicious coffee 24 hours a day. Would DEFINITELY stay there again!! :-)
Response by Econo Lodge Arena Wilkes Barre
Thank you Linda...not only for taking time to share your opinion but for the kind remarks and the high scores. We truly appreciate it...
Other trip May 5, 2014
"Staying the Night at Econolodge"
I needed a place to stay the evening of May 2, 2014 as I and a good friend were taking a special rail excursion the following morning from nearby Duryea, Pa. When we arrived, I checked into the hotel and the reservation was in place, and shortly after check in, Joe and myself were situated into our room on the third floor. It was clean and neat and quite attractive for the money we paid. The following morning a full breakfast was served and a group of travelers from Canada were having breakfast, too, before their deluxe motor coach trip to Tennessee I believe. After breakfast, Joe and I cleaned up the room, and departed for our special rail excursion.
Response by Econo Lodge Arena Wilkes Barre
We very much appreciate your candid review of our hotel. We were thrilled to hear you enjoyed your visit with us and hope you enjoyed your rail excusion even more. Thank you
Other trip May 4, 2014
Mitchell
We had 2 stays, and both were very pleasant. The breakfast was very good
Response by Econo Lodge Arena Wilkes Barre
Thank you first of all for the positive review about your recent stays with us. I believe it says a lot that you not only stayed once, but you returned for a second visit. In my opinion, you and all of our repeat customers are our lifeline. Without you we would be just another stop on the highway of life! I cannot thank you enough for now being part of our family. Hope to see you again soon.
1 night trip Apr 7, 2014
"Pet friendly motel"
Everything was excellent and very pet friendly. The staff made us feel very comfortable and were very obliging.
Response by Econo Lodge Arena Wilkes Barre
Hello Richard, I was thrilled to hear you had an excellent stay with us. Our staff takes a lot of pride in the service they provide and want you to feel at home. It sure sounds like they were successful. Thank you for your time and for the excellent review. Hope to see you again soon....
1 night trip Apr 6, 2014
Richard Isaacs
"very nice staff and better than I expected"
For the star rating of the hotel I wasn't sure what to expect but the place was clean and the staff was very friendly. Breakfast in the morning was a nice touch. I would stay here again if needed.
Response by Econo Lodge Arena Wilkes Barre
Thank you for taking time to offer your thoughts about your recent stay. I know all those star ratings can sometimes be confusing because of what they actually mean. On one hand, a hotel earns a star by the number of amenities it offers ; a pool/spa, a restaurant, an exercise room etc., not necessarily what former guests shared about their experience. They help travelers who are looking for those "extra's" know what a hotel offers. On the other hand some stars ratings do, in fact, tell travelers about actual experiences. We are ranked, according to AAA, a 2 star hotel due to the fact that we do not have a pool, restaurant or restaurant inside the hotel. Our star ranking varies on multiple internet sites according to our guests feedback. I hope this helps in your future travels. I'm thrilled you enjoyed your visit and look forward to your next.
1 night trip Apr 6, 2014