All hotels in Grand Rapids, Michigan, United States of America
You can collect Welcome Rewards® nights here5131 28th Street SE, Grand Rapids, MI, 49512, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9400

"First time there's been a REAL problem"
When I arrived and checked into the room, making my way across the parking lot, there was a screaming fight between two people in the parking lot that made me feel very uncomfortable and question the safety at the site.
1 night business trip Apr 23, 2015
"Low budget place to meet, no consideration plaza."
Where to start: my drive took me a few more hours to reach my destination, Eight hours straight through Chicago's many expanded expensive toll systems, arrived as I was to meet up with someone. Actually was able to experience the hotel at approximately Nine P.M., at the same moment, other hotel residents starting making noise, meaning: running up and down the walk way, banging on the walls, laughing talking loudly in the parking area right outside the door, running, stomping up the stairs. Someone was hitting the walls on the inside of the building which sounded like it was on the other side of the of the room which I stayed. That part was mild to the loud, what seemed teenage high school group making all their noise which proceeded past midnight. Where was their parental guide? The Second night was no different, they continued at an increased magnitude. I did manage to fall asleep, only to awake Forty-Five minutes later as a a result of the previous mentioned. Got up, dressed, went down to the front office, told them they were getting out of control. One of the staff members commented on it as I walked into the office, they were aware of it the entire stay, did nothing to contain it. At that point it was approximately Twelve-Thirty A.M..
2 night trip Apr 17, 2015
"Room was updated with the latest... nice..."
The room was very nice, would stay again... Very affordable too...
1 night trip Apr 15, 2015
fatihah
"One of the better Red Roof Inns"
Stayed one night for business trip. Rooms have been updated unlike some other Red Roof Inn locations ive stayed at. Room was clean. The area was mostly quiet. The bathroom is small and wasnt as updated as the rest of the room, but everything worked fine and the tub wasnt old and chipped or cracked like some other places. All in all, pretty decent place to stay for the price.
1 night business trip Apr 10, 2015
"Price is right"
Clean, quiet and priced right for s no-frills overnight stay.
1 night business trip Mar 12, 2015
"Wonderful accomendations"
Room was very clean and neat, everything looked new. The room was small but still very comfortable. We got a room with king bed. I was very impressed with this Inn
1 night trip Mar 3, 2015
"Good price"
Good deal. Staff friendly, building a little older but interiors recently remodeled to look decent. No coffee maker in room, had to walk to lobby for the coffee. The room was set 65 when we walked in, but was super chilly, but being 0 degrees out didnt help. Did warm up, but took awhile with heater on full blast. 15% discount at the Ihop next door was nice. Room had fridge and microwave. For the $ great deal for one night just passing through.
1 night trip with friends Feb 27, 2015
Erik
"Safety and Comfort"
I loved my stay at Red Roof Inn Grand Rapids! The receptionist was so nice and made very easy conversation with me, and he knew what he was doing! Grand Rapids is a nice area and Red Roof Inn is placed perfectly off the express way. They have an i-Hop right next door and a McDonalds very close by as well, so you are never away from food!The cops patrolled around the lot; ensuring me of safety since there was some sketchy people at the hotel the night I stayed. The only thing that I did not like was the tough sheets that irritated my skin because the hotel isn't able to use softener. Seriously though, I do plan on going back to that Red Roof Inn!
1 night romance trip Feb 6, 2015
Zack
"Shocked!"
my girlfriend and I went to a concert and stayed here for the night, boy was I shocked. The room was beautiful. It was updated with wood floors. I didnt have my hopes high going in because the last one we stayed at was disgusting but this one changed my mind entirely.
1 night romance trip Feb 10, 2015
Miguel
"Attentive staff"
I was most impressed with customer service at this hotel. I reserved a regular king room but when I arrived no regular king room was available. The staff who checked me in apologized for the delay and quickly gave me a better room at no extra charge.
1 night business trip Feb 3, 2015
"Red Roof Inn Grand Rapids"
During blizzard Linus we were forced to take shelter here from the storm. I wasn't expecting uch but was pleasantly surprised to see the room had all the amenities and updates of a far more expensive hotel. The room was clean, neat and comfortable and I would gladly stay there again
1 night business trip Feb 1, 2015
"Don't stay here!"
I never actually stayed! When I walked in the room smelled heavily of cig. smoke and heat didn't work.
2 night business trip Jan 26, 2015
Craig
"OLD, not kept up."
In one word OLD! Paint peeling off the walls, very old fixtures, tub, etc... Door knob for bathroom door was barely hanging on the door. Plumbing in walls was as loud as an alarm clock, woke us up every time somebody took a shower late at night in other rooms.
1 night family trip Jan 23, 2015
Jesse
"Worse your money"
Great room for the price. I can't really complain for $55 a night. Clean, quiet. Only problem was that the heater in a room wasn't working well and it was a little cold. Everything else was fine!
1 night romance trip Jan 25, 2015
Rigo
"It was ok"
You could tell that the bathroom had just been redone (not in a good way) and it was easy for the water to get out of the tub if the curtain wasn't positioned right. But the office chair and bed were comfy and the rest of the room was clean, we had a fridge and microwave and a very good tv.
1 night romance trip Jan 10, 2015
"COLD"
ROOM WOULD NOT WARM UP
2 night business trip Jan 3, 2015
eric
"Very chilly room"
My room was very cold and needed hours to reach a comfortable temp. Was so tired I just tried to sleep rather than ask for a different room. Very unimpressive.
1 night business trip Jan 8, 2015
"Better choices exist if can be a little further"
Basic hotel - room is smallish with minimal frills. Room is clean but only simple equipped. If only for sleeping then good enough but there are better choices at same price if willing to go away from 28th St.
1 night trip with friends Jan 4, 2015
"nice place to crash for New Year's Eve."
Good place to stay the night. Very comfortable setting.
Other trip Jan 2, 2015
"Red Roof Inn - G.R., MI...not clean"
dirty towels and wash clothes from previous guest still in bathroom. night stands not wiped down from previous guest.
1 night trip Dec 27, 2014
"Poor place to stay."
Parking lot light out. Short towels. Heater noisy. Pipes in shower screaming loud.
1 night romance trip Dec 23, 2014
Harold
"Sink design was jacked up"
The only problem with the room was a poor sink design since Everytime I turned on the water it splashed all over me.
Other trip Dec 8, 2014
I really enjoyed my stay. Really comfortable. Will come again
Other trip Dec 7, 2014
"Better than expected"
Hotel what nicer than I expected from a Red Roof. The room was very modern, with wood (laminate) floors and clean new furnishings. A great sink too! But very much a small space - open door and boom. There is bed, and not much room to move around. Very clean, and the clerk was nice and had lots of delivery menus on hand. Best bed I have slept on in a while at a hotel - better than a number of the swankier places we have stayed. However - the major detraction was there was some sort of air fresher heavily applied to the room. It was nauseatingly thick. Even after day 2 it was still bothersome. Will likely stay again, but will call ahead and ask that the room spray or whatever it was not be used. It was nasty.
2 night business trip Nov 21, 2014
Diana
"very close to the highway and airport"
It was nice and quiet. the front desk took too much time talking with another customer about personal life a bit too long but over all it was a very nice place. very impress with how clean it was and the size of the bed was very nice also. no complains here at all. My wife was very please with the hotel too.
Other trip Nov 26, 2014
"Ya get what ya pay for"
The room I was staying in didn't have great water pressure making it nearly impossible to take a shower
1 night business trip Nov 17, 2014
Comforter had holes in it. Everything else was fine though. Good for the money. Staff was friendly.
"Pet friendly."
Room is small for king size bed. Shower made a big noise even the next door. Need new towels. Make toilet/bathroom decent. It's hard to open the door. (Rm. 149)
Other trip Nov 19, 2014
sonia
"Decent hotel for the price"
For the price, the hotel was surprisingly nice. It was nice looking on the inside, the beds were comfortable and it was pretty close to everything. I would stay there again.
Other trip Nov 17, 2014
It was a barebones room. No Wi-Fi. Limited channels on TV. No coffee. No hairdryer.
Other trip Nov 14, 2014
"Pros and cons at the Red Roof Inn"
The stay was nice. The exhaust fan in the bathroom was NOISY like it oil really bad, could not find the remote for the TV. Upon arrival I had to use the bathroom, I asked the lady at the desk if there was a bathroom I could use and she said no. I thought that was an inconvenience as far as I was concern. I thought most all hotels had a bathroom in the lobby or close by. Overall I would stay again.
1 night business trip Nov 10, 2014
jan
"Nice Rooms"
Good room for the price
1 night trip with friends Nov 8, 2014
Shanna
"a little of this 'n' that"
For starters, it's a Red Roof Inn. You kinda know what you're getting. This particular room was a mix of updates and the aged: a laminate wood floor and newer furniture, new vanity and sink, but a decrepit old tub and toilet in a bathroom that had obviously missed the update (several times over, perhaps). I found a candy wrapper on the floor, but generally the room felt clean and comfortable. For a Red Roof Inn, this was one of the nicer ones I've stayed in with my dog; in comparison to what I expect from a hotel room, this was average at best -- comfortable and at least superficially updated. Would I stay here again? Yes -- but only because I had my dog in tow.
1 night business trip Nov 4, 2014
"Visiting daughter"
WHEN WE FIRST WALKED IN, THE ROOM WAS VERY NICE AND NEWLY UPDATED...BUT AS WE GOT SETTLED IN, WE NOTICED DRIED BLOOD ON THE FLOOR, A FINGER NAIL IN THE BED AND BODY HAIR ON THE SHEET! WE IMMEDIATELY CALLED FRONT DESK AND A LADY CAME TO CLEAN IT. THE RUGS REMAINED DIRTY, SO MAYBE THEY NEED A NEW VACUMN??? I LOVE THE LOCATION, PRICE AND REMODELING BUT BRING YOUR OWN CLEANING SUPPLIES!!
1 night family trip Oct 4, 2014
Teresa
"Kind of diappointing"
The walls had peeling paint in several areas. The room was cold because it had a barely working door seal... The toilet was maybe a 14 inch and the sink was about 35 to 38 inches... This would not work if i had kids staying with me... The management recommended a local breakfast house (IHop) that offered guest a 20% discount... The food was so bad, I had to leave over half my meal ... I also asked one of the cleaning ladies for some directions to the local Walmart ...but the employee did not speak English and she sent me in the wrong direction down the road... After I have traveled 10 miles, I pulled over to ask someone else. Come to find out it was 2 miles in the other direction of the hotel. I was locked out of my room after one day, because the clerk did not program my key card correctly... I cannot recommend this location...
2 night business trip Oct 31, 2014
Jeffrey
Great hotel! All new modern rooms, very clean and quiet.
Other trip Oct 29, 2014
"Uncomfortable beds"
The bed was like sleeping on the floor. Not at all comfotable- i will not stay here again
1 night business trip Oct 21, 2014
"OK for One Night"
Room smelled like cigarette smoke, which affected my allergies. otherwise, ok for one night.
1 night trip Oct 18, 2014
Judy Moody
"No pillowslips on pillows. Carpet not swept."
Cheap, and you get what you pay for. Much seedier than I expected.
Other trip Oct 19, 2014
Louise
"OUR STAY AT RED ROOF INN, GRAND RAPIDS."
Our stay at the motel was fine. However, we were promised shuttle service to and from the airport. It was fine on our trip to the airport, however when we returned, we were told the motel no longer provided shuttle service. So, we had to take a taxi at a cost of $20.00. That was very disappointing and took an extra 1/2 hour. The motel was also in need of maintenance.
Other trip Oct 9, 2014
Marvin
"Never Again"
This hotel housed migrant workers that tailgate in the parking lot until the wee hours. Not even a blow dryer in the room. It is definetly a shady place. I was not impressed and will never stay there again.
Other trip Oct 3, 2014
yooper
"Good Value"
The check-in process was slow due to computer complications, even though I had a reservation.
1 night trip Sep 28, 2014
"Room interior good, exterior worn"
Although the room interior was beautifully renovated, the exterior corridors are dated and worn. The room I stayed in smelled badly of cigarette smoke; I could even smell it on all of my clothes once I got home.
1 night family trip Sep 27, 2014
Kimberly
"It was all right"
What I can say about the Red Roof Inn is that it was all right. The room was adequate. We were unable to print our boarding passes becasue the printer was out of ink, and there was none available and the staff didn't really seem concerned about it. My husband needed to check his email and there were connectivity issues as well. Also, there was no hair dryer and every place I have travelled in the last several years has had hair dryers in the rooms.
Other trip Sep 30, 2014
Beki
"least expensive of the decent hotels"
it was ok, but next time I would spend a little extra for a little nicer place. The room was ok, but the wood floors were not clean, the toilet wobbled and was not secured and there was no hair dryer in the room. It was fine for a overnight stay, but I would not have wanted to stay there any longer.
1 night trip with friends Sep 25, 2014
"My worst experience"
By far the worst hotel experience I've had and I deserve a refund. I got to the hotel late due to working late locally in town. I chose to stay here rather than drive 2 hours home. The pictures showed a decent room that had recently been updated. What the pictures did not show was a dirty bed and overall dirty feeling in the room. I was so tired I decided to deal with it. I put shirts I had of my bag on thd pillows and slept in my clothes I'd worn that day. About 4 hours later I woke up and checked out because of how disgusted I was. Something needs to be done.
1 night trip Sep 18, 2014
"Nice, economical place to stay."
Glad our pet-friendly room had linoleum planks. Bathroom floor was not clean. Staff kindly provided an old clean sheet to put over bed so dogs would leave no hair.
Other trip Sep 21, 2014
Laurie
"Skip this Inn"
As the reviews said, no continental breakfast; however they offered good coffee. They need to clean the outside steps leading to the second level--they were deplorable!!! We were a bit concerned about safety when we saw the people hanging around the property but it turned out ok. That being said, we will not stay at another Red Roof Inn. This is the second time we have run into this setting and conditions and have it is not the Inn for us.
1 night trip Sep 5, 2014
"Spiders/Trash"
The room I received was near the trash and it was overflowing, which smelled bad. I am afraid of spiders and there was no one to assist with removing until the morning. I had to leave at 5am-ish, so that did nothing for me.
1 night business trip Aug 30, 2014
Dawn
"A dump"
My girlfriend and I decided to try this hotel for a little vacation we had in Grand Rapids. Some of the reviews were positive and the pictures looked okay. When we arrived at the hotel it was a totally different story. The conditions were deplorable at best. Everything was dirty and rundown. The stairs were just wood planks and the cement everywhere was cracked and dirty. The inside of the room had uneven floors and the bed was at an angle too. Our room specifically smelled like smoke even though it was a non smoking room. There are people living in this hotel and let's just say some of the people are less than on the up and up. When I filled out a survey for this hotel the manager said that I should have told someone and then the situation could have been resolved. Sorry but unless the front desk staff is willing to do a remodel right then and there they really could not have done anything. The response from the manager was more like making excuses for the hotel rather than considering each issue and trying to address. She simply was making excuses for each issue that I brought up such as it's impossible to clean the cement every day, people that stay at the hotel come from all walks of life and we are not going to deny them rooms, on and on. I would advise anyone who wants to stay in the area to stay somewhere else. This place is run down and just a big hole in the wall. It is not nice at all and should only be used if you have no other option.
Other trip Sep 2, 2014