All hotels in Grand Rapids, Michigan, United States of America
5131 28th Street SE, Grand Rapids, MI, 49512, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9400

"Good room. Good price."
I got what I paid for. The room was in very good shape and comfortable. Definitely been remodeled. Clean. The hotel itself is older and worn. The windows were a little grungy and the buildings were aged. The price had attracted some younger folks who found the outside of my room to be more comfortable than the inside of their own but it didn't cause too much of a nuisance. Location is perfect for on and off access to 96. Plenty of options for food and shopping nearby. Overall grade an A-
1 night business trip Aug 27, 2015
Matthew
"Average"
Staff was a bit abrupt, cold and the room needed to be cleaned better.
1 night romance trip Aug 22, 2015
Frederick M.
"Surprisingly good overall"
Went there for my kids soccer tournament. There is a lot of hotels around but I waited last min. And this was what was available. For being a red roof in and and a motel, I was greatly surprised on how nice it was inside my room. Clean sheets wood floor great plus in my opinion nice flat screen tv. So for what is a motel and the name behind it have seen some bad ones this was overall good stay.
2 night family trip Aug 21, 2015
"Friendly and comfortable"
I was very comfortable here and the staff was friendly.
1 night family trip Aug 15, 2015
Pretty good.
1 night business trip Aug 13, 2015
charles
Very friendly, and easy check in. Room was very clean and cleaned daily. Thanks a lot!!!!
3 night romance trip Aug 9, 2015
"good value"
I read several bad reviews, this is a Red Roof Inn not a Hyatt. As budget hotels go you should know going in that it's a motel style property, with outside facing doors. The completely remodeled room was a nice surprise, pergo/wood floors, wall mounted flat screen TV, mini fridge and microwave, big bed, raised sink with high end faucet was a nice style touch. The outside of the hotel was older but I refer back to the first sentence. For the money it was a good room, a good value. If you're a travel prima donna you won't like it much, road warriors will like it just fine.
1 night business trip Aug 11, 2015
"great location"
Relaxing
1 night family trip Aug 3, 2015
bobby
"Fantastic place :)"
Our first place to stay on our honeymoon. Was a great room! We would have liked a few more towels, but for the price it was amazing. Quiet and clean. The management put us on the opposite side of construction was nice thought. Very nice! We will for sure be staying here again. Only downside, was my wife thought the stairwells were unfriendly. Dark and unwelcoming.
1 night romance trip Jul 26, 2015
"Traveling through"
The hotel served its purpose and was good for the price as Red Roof always is. The bathroom struck me as being in desperate need of an overhaul. Im a little lady and felt like I had no room to move about, plus it looked old, not dirty per se but a little dingy. The neighborhood is busy, a McDonalds and other businesses surround the place which isnt bad, very convenient. Took us 10 minutes to drive to Founder's. I guess some people might be annoyed with the construction next door but I was up and out early so it didnt bother me.
1 night romance trip Aug 2, 2015
"A Motel Well Worth The Price"
Stayed at the motel for 2 nights and loved every minute of it. Didn't know what to expect of the condition of the room. But each room has a fridge and microwave. Which made having food and drinks easier. Buy some ready made meals and drinks, never have to leave the room. They also have newer model flat screen TV's. And I'd advise you to bring a Blu-ray player with you. The TV's have HDMI connectors. The room itself was well kept. You got a little bottle of shampoo. But I always bring my own stuff, so I've never been bothered by a place with a lack of amenities. Do to the motels setup, the lobby isn't in a convenient place. If your room isn't right near it. But there's not much to it anyway. You'll only visit checking in/out or if you might need something. After only 1 night, I was already planning on returning. This place is the cleanest of the $60 motels on that street. Give this place a shot if you're looking for something clean and comfortable.
2 night romance trip Jul 29, 2015
"A Great Place To Stay"
I was traveling for business, and I had stayed at this hotel previously. The stay was enjoyable once again, and I will continue to use this hotel chain for upcoming trips.
2 night business trip Jul 29, 2015
Geneva
Great quiet night before work, and inexpensive stay.
1 night business trip Jul 26, 2015
"Location Location Location"
Good Hotel over all. Great location, close to highway and many places to eat close by. Also close to 2 large malls and many little strip malls.
1 night romance trip Jul 16, 2015
Robert J
Hotel was nice and staff were helpful & friendly, but the room had bits of something on floor and on one bed cover.
1 night trip Jul 21, 2015
Nice hotel.
2 night family trip Jul 10, 2015
It was a good place to stay, the place was very clean and comfortable.
1 night trip Jul 2, 2015
Carlos
"Disappointing accomodations"
We booked one night at the Red Roof as we traveled through MI. The motel was next to a construction site which proved to be a bit noisy. On top the room itself though stated as non-smoking clearly had been smoked in and the bathroom door barely closed. This is our last stay with this chain.
1 night romance trip Jun 30, 2015
Lori
"July 2015"
Good inexpensive place to stay with restaurants, stores and gas stations around. Easy on and off expressway.
1 night family trip Jul 2, 2015
Just remodeled. Forgot towels.
2 night trip with friends Jun 26, 2015
Gordon
"The Mystery of the Missing Shower Curtain"
Room had no shower curtain, no Kleenex, and being in the far side of the second building wi-fi cut in and out. Management provided a curtain and Kleenex. I guess for $10 more I could have stayed in the Comfort Inn and had breakfast and a pool and hot tub. Management could not have been nicer so it was an OK stay. Grounds were very attractive, with plants, seating, and grils.
2 night family trip Jun 26, 2015
harry
Have not see so clean room for very long time!Good job to your housekeepers!!! Bad job to the person at the Service desk. He even didn't bother to talk to us/explain where is our room located.
1 night romance trip Jun 24, 2015
"Clean, nice, and updated made this feel great"
The hotel room was nice, clean, and the bed was perfectly great. Overall the room was exactly as described and with clean pergo flooring instead of carpeted, which in my opinion, carpet is dirty no matter what.
1 night business trip Jun 21, 2015
"Noisy"
Dated and noisy. There was yelling in the middle of the night and left over food was left on the railing. We got out of our second night stay.
2 night trip with friends Jun 12, 2015
Arlene
"A Quick Stay"
My friend and I needed a hotel to stay in as a half way point between Grand Rapids and Lansing. We found the Red Roof Inn near the highway and at a reasonable price. The surrounding area of the hotel seems sketchy but everything was great. I am not a huge fan of the entrance to the hotel rooms being from the outside, but I felt safe and the rooms were very clean and beautiful.
1 night trip with friends Jun 6, 2015
Kerri
"Liked the new renovation"
The stay was good! Only issue, but was easily corrected, was that the first room they gave me, someone else was in that room! They quickly switch out that room! Other than that, it was a good layover stay! I liked the new renovation of the rooms as well!
1 night trip May 31, 2015
ray
"good for price"
Good for the price I paid.
3 night business trip May 21, 2015
Alejandro
"Clean room, friendly staff"
This very clean but basic motel suited our needs for a one-day getaway. I wished it had an in-room coffee maker, but coffee was readily available in the lobby. We walked to the adjacent McDonald's for breakfast.
1 night family trip May 23, 2015
Ellen
"Convenient location, but that's all."
The location was perfect, as far as it being convenient located within walking distance of several eateries and shopping; and less that a 10 min drive to the mall, airport, and restaurants. The only major issue I had was when I checked in, they sent me to a room that had not yet been cleaned. I had to wait in my car, with my 5 week old grandbaby for 45mins for the room to be ready. The manager was very apologetic, so I didn't make a fuss. But the toilet kept leaking and would not flush...they got it to flush, but the leakage continued. Don't believe the advertisement claiming that the fridge is stocked with snacks n juice...that's s lie.
4 night family trip May 8, 2015
STEPHANIE E
Sloppy made and uncomfortable bed. No tv remote or hair dryer in the room and the bathroom was abnormally cramped.
Other trip May 15, 2015
"Well worth the price."
All of the staff was friendly and helpful. Excellent price for good accommodations. Room was clean and well appointed.
4 night trip May 8, 2015
Grant
Nice hotel , rooms are a tad small but furnishings nice . Was clean and hotel staff was nice only down fall was conStruction next door really noisy in the early morning .
Other trip May 13, 2015
greer
"Location"
Convenient to restaurants, shopping and Interstate.
Other trip May 13, 2015
Grandma
"Fabulous"
Great hotel n stay was perfect.
1 night trip Mar 30, 2015
Ali-jumah
"It was fine."
It was fine for the purpose. We just needed a place to crash while in town for a couple nights. It seems like maybe some people live there though. And the crew that was do some work on the parking lot was staying in the room above us.
2 night romance trip Apr 17, 2015
Kristi
"ok"
The bed was too hard... I hardly got any sleep because of it... woke up super stiff and could hardly move.
1 night business trip Apr 28, 2015
"First time there's been a REAL problem"
When I arrived and checked into the room, making my way across the parking lot, there was a screaming fight between two people in the parking lot that made me feel very uncomfortable and question the safety at the site.
1 night business trip Apr 23, 2015
"Low budget place to meet, no consideration plaza."
Where to start: my drive took me a few more hours to reach my destination, Eight hours straight through Chicago's many expanded expensive toll systems, arrived as I was to meet up with someone. Actually was able to experience the hotel at approximately Nine P.M., at the same moment, other hotel residents starting making noise, meaning: running up and down the walk way, banging on the walls, laughing talking loudly in the parking area right outside the door, running, stomping up the stairs. Someone was hitting the walls on the inside of the building which sounded like it was on the other side of the of the room which I stayed. That part was mild to the loud, what seemed teenage high school group making all their noise which proceeded past midnight. Where was their parental guide? The Second night was no different, they continued at an increased magnitude. I did manage to fall asleep, only to awake Forty-Five minutes later as a a result of the previous mentioned. Got up, dressed, went down to the front office, told them they were getting out of control. One of the staff members commented on it as I walked into the office, they were aware of it the entire stay, did nothing to contain it. At that point it was approximately Twelve-Thirty A.M..
2 night trip Apr 17, 2015
"Room was updated with the latest... nice..."
The room was very nice, would stay again... Very affordable too...
1 night trip Apr 15, 2015
fatihah
"One of the better Red Roof Inns"
Stayed one night for business trip. Rooms have been updated unlike some other Red Roof Inn locations ive stayed at. Room was clean. The area was mostly quiet. The bathroom is small and wasnt as updated as the rest of the room, but everything worked fine and the tub wasnt old and chipped or cracked like some other places. All in all, pretty decent place to stay for the price.
1 night business trip Apr 10, 2015
"Price is right"
Clean, quiet and priced right for s no-frills overnight stay.
1 night business trip Mar 12, 2015
"Wonderful accomendations"
Room was very clean and neat, everything looked new. The room was small but still very comfortable. We got a room with king bed. I was very impressed with this Inn
1 night trip Mar 3, 2015
"Good price"
Good deal. Staff friendly, building a little older but interiors recently remodeled to look decent. No coffee maker in room, had to walk to lobby for the coffee. The room was set 65 when we walked in, but was super chilly, but being 0 degrees out didnt help. Did warm up, but took awhile with heater on full blast. 15% discount at the Ihop next door was nice. Room had fridge and microwave. For the $ great deal for one night just passing through.
1 night trip with friends Feb 27, 2015
Erik
Things went very well when we stayed on the 20th of February. When we came back from our vacation, we decided to stay at the Red Roof, again. Everything went good at check in. We were leaving to go to our room and we decided to get a beverage. The machine was out of everything but Diet Coke. No water, no Sprite, no regular Coke, that was disappointing. When we got to our room, we went in. The door didn't leak cold air like the last room that we had on the 19th. A bit of weather stripping goes along way. Other than that our room was nice for the price we paid. The motel was very hospitable and let us leave our car there. We called a taxi on the 20th to get to the airport, then called the taxi service to get back to our car. My husband and I were very tired, so we got a room. Thank goodness there was a room available.( it was after midnight when we left the airport) Thank you for having us! We will stay again in the future.
Other trip Mar 1, 2015
"Perfect for my needs"
Older facility but the rooms have been updated. Close to freeway and restaurants. Helpful staff.
Other trip Feb 25, 2015
Chuck
"Safety and Comfort"
I loved my stay at Red Roof Inn Grand Rapids! The receptionist was so nice and made very easy conversation with me, and he knew what he was doing! Grand Rapids is a nice area and Red Roof Inn is placed perfectly off the express way. They have an i-Hop right next door and a McDonalds very close by as well, so you are never away from food!The cops patrolled around the lot; ensuring me of safety since there was some sketchy people at the hotel the night I stayed. The only thing that I did not like was the tough sheets that irritated my skin because the hotel isn't able to use softener. Seriously though, I do plan on going back to that Red Roof Inn!
1 night romance trip Feb 6, 2015
Zack
"Shocked!"
my girlfriend and I went to a concert and stayed here for the night, boy was I shocked. The room was beautiful. It was updated with wood floors. I didnt have my hopes high going in because the last one we stayed at was disgusting but this one changed my mind entirely.
1 night romance trip Feb 10, 2015
Miguel
"Attentive staff"
I was most impressed with customer service at this hotel. I reserved a regular king room but when I arrived no regular king room was available. The staff who checked me in apologized for the delay and quickly gave me a better room at no extra charge.
1 night business trip Feb 3, 2015
"Red Roof Inn Grand Rapids"
During blizzard Linus we were forced to take shelter here from the storm. I wasn't expecting uch but was pleasantly surprised to see the room had all the amenities and updates of a far more expensive hotel. The room was clean, neat and comfortable and I would gladly stay there again
1 night business trip Feb 1, 2015
"Best place to stay for GR airport."
Nothing fancy but the price was excellent and close to airport. Staff was friendly and helpful.
Other trip Feb 4, 2015