All hotels in Grand Rapids, Michigan, United States of America

Delicious food
    Room is all right
    Bad internet service
    Bad breakfast
"Met price point expectations well, however -"
For this price point, I think it was a positive experience and I would stay again. There were some other guests around that were very loud and this was a little disconcerting. I suppose this can happen anywhere
2 night trip Sep 10, 2015
"Worth the price! Interiors are clean"
We stayed here for the convenience of being close to the airport. The staff was friendly and fun even though we showed up around midnight. The exterior of the hotel is not the best but they seemed to have worked on the interior. The room was clean and the surroundings were quiet. It was worth the low price we paid!
1 night romance trip Sep 7, 2015
"Nice but didn't feel safe."
The service and room were fine, but there were a lot of people out on the property drinking and smoking. I felt very nervous as a woman traveling alone. They were also loud and as I was traveling with my dog, that made him nervous.
1 night trip Sep 4, 2015
I have stayed at this particular Red Roof Inn a number of times without incident. My son and I checked in late on the 29 of August, we had planned on stay there until the 3rd of September, shortly after I went to bed, I woke up with a number of bites on my arms face and back..what it was I can't say but I checked out and moved to a different motel
4 night family trip Aug 29, 2015
"Motel and dirty sheets"
Nasty! Got to our room and were shocked by the rough looking people hanging around the motel- that was only the start- the room smelled of urine and when we fliped back the sheets there was male bodily fluids on the sheets! They came up ans didnt even seems shocked! We were completely disgusted!!! They moved us to a new room but it was trashed as well. Never again.
1 night romance trip Sep 4, 2015
Travis
"would stay again"
Room was small but had everything we needed. Bathroom was tiny.
1 night romance trip Aug 27, 2015
I like the stay, the only thing I did not like was that the cleaning manager told me that one day, they not going to clean my room, I have to do the beds and I just told a lady that was cleaning if she can just go in to take the trash out and I have to ask for a clean towels,She was so nice, and She did it, She apologize for the manager. But if I have to stay again, I will because I like the place where is.
3 night family trip Aug 27, 2015
Virginia
"A good value."
The room had everything I needed. My only complaint was the tv had a lot of "static" on the screen, I'm guessing due to a bad cable connection. Everything else was fine.
1 night family trip Aug 29, 2015
C.
"Good room. Good price."
I got what I paid for. The room was in very good shape and comfortable. Definitely been remodeled. Clean. The hotel itself is older and worn. The windows were a little grungy and the buildings were aged. The price had attracted some younger folks who found the outside of my room to be more comfortable than the inside of their own but it didn't cause too much of a nuisance. Location is perfect for on and off access to 96. Plenty of options for food and shopping nearby. Overall grade an A-
1 night business trip Aug 27, 2015
Matthew
"Average"
Staff was a bit abrupt, cold and the room needed to be cleaned better.
1 night romance trip Aug 22, 2015
Frederick M.
"Surprisingly good overall"
Went there for my kids soccer tournament. There is a lot of hotels around but I waited last min. And this was what was available. For being a red roof in and and a motel, I was greatly surprised on how nice it was inside my room. Clean sheets wood floor great plus in my opinion nice flat screen tv. So for what is a motel and the name behind it have seen some bad ones this was overall good stay.
2 night family trip Aug 21, 2015
Staff was helpful. When we arrived, the bathroom door was closed and once we opened it, it smelled strongly of smoke.
Other trip Aug 23, 2015
new
"Friendly and comfortable"
I was very comfortable here and the staff was friendly.
1 night family trip Aug 15, 2015
Pretty good.
1 night business trip Aug 13, 2015
charles
Very friendly, and easy check in. Room was very clean and cleaned daily. Thanks a lot!!!!
3 night romance trip Aug 9, 2015
"good value"
I read several bad reviews, this is a Red Roof Inn not a Hyatt. As budget hotels go you should know going in that it's a motel style property, with outside facing doors. The completely remodeled room was a nice surprise, pergo/wood floors, wall mounted flat screen TV, mini fridge and microwave, big bed, raised sink with high end faucet was a nice style touch. The outside of the hotel was older but I refer back to the first sentence. For the money it was a good room, a good value. If you're a travel prima donna you won't like it much, road warriors will like it just fine.
1 night business trip Aug 11, 2015
"great location"
Relaxing
1 night family trip Aug 3, 2015
bobby
"Bumped from Room"
My room was given away after I had it reserved (not paid) with a credit card. Major inconvenience.
Other trip Aug 11, 2015
Room given away
"Bumped from room without call first"
My room was given to someone else after I had it reserved with a credit card. There was no phone call prior confirming that I was going to arrive.
Other trip Aug 9, 2015
"Fantastic place :)"
Our first place to stay on our honeymoon. Was a great room! We would have liked a few more towels, but for the price it was amazing. Quiet and clean. The management put us on the opposite side of construction was nice thought. Very nice! We will for sure be staying here again. Only downside, was my wife thought the stairwells were unfriendly. Dark and unwelcoming.
1 night romance trip Jul 26, 2015
"Great price, comfortable stay."
I stayed at this hotel for two nights while visiting a friend. I found it clean, comfortable, and well taken care of. It's in a great spot, there are tons of restaurants and shopping options all along 28th street, and even better, there is a light to exit, so no waiting for the busy street to slow just to get out. The bed was comfortable, the free wifi was nice to have. The 2nd night around 1-2am there was some noise outside, but the staff quieted it quickly. Thankfully I'm a night owl so it didn't bother me a bit. I plan on staying again whenever I'm going up to visit my friend as it was a great price for a great hotel.
Other trip Aug 6, 2015
Mandi
"Bumped From Room!"
I was bumped from my room(last reservation) even while I had a credit card holding the room.
Other trip Aug 6, 2015
"Traveling through"
The hotel served its purpose and was good for the price as Red Roof always is. The bathroom struck me as being in desperate need of an overhaul. Im a little lady and felt like I had no room to move about, plus it looked old, not dirty per se but a little dingy. The neighborhood is busy, a McDonalds and other businesses surround the place which isnt bad, very convenient. Took us 10 minutes to drive to Founder's. I guess some people might be annoyed with the construction next door but I was up and out early so it didnt bother me.
1 night romance trip Aug 2, 2015
"A Motel Well Worth The Price"
Stayed at the motel for 2 nights and loved every minute of it. Didn't know what to expect of the condition of the room. But each room has a fridge and microwave. Which made having food and drinks easier. Buy some ready made meals and drinks, never have to leave the room. They also have newer model flat screen TV's. And I'd advise you to bring a Blu-ray player with you. The TV's have HDMI connectors. The room itself was well kept. You got a little bottle of shampoo. But I always bring my own stuff, so I've never been bothered by a place with a lack of amenities. Do to the motels setup, the lobby isn't in a convenient place. If your room isn't right near it. But there's not much to it anyway. You'll only visit checking in/out or if you might need something. After only 1 night, I was already planning on returning. This place is the cleanest of the $60 motels on that street. Give this place a shot if you're looking for something clean and comfortable.
2 night romance trip Jul 29, 2015
"A Great Place To Stay"
I was traveling for business, and I had stayed at this hotel previously. The stay was enjoyable once again, and I will continue to use this hotel chain for upcoming trips.
2 night business trip Jul 29, 2015
Geneva
Great quiet night before work, and inexpensive stay.
1 night business trip Jul 26, 2015
"Hotel of Horrors!"
I would not recommend this hotel to my worst enemy. The rooms were filthy. There were old shoes under the bed and just dirty in general. I witnessed something awful at the front desk. A customer had just checked in and realized the mattress was soaked with urine. The employee at the front desk told them they couldn't change rooms and suggested that they just flip the mattress over. I will let everyone and their brother know how Red Roof Inn treats their customers.
3 night family trip Jul 23, 2015
Joanne
"Location Location Location"
Good Hotel over all. Great location, close to highway and many places to eat close by. Also close to 2 large malls and many little strip malls.
1 night romance trip Jul 16, 2015
Robert J
Hotel was nice and staff were helpful & friendly, but the room had bits of something on floor and on one bed cover.
1 night trip Jul 21, 2015
Nice hotel.
2 night family trip Jul 10, 2015
the room was not clean at all, but pay for it so we sucked it up
Other trip Jul 14, 2015
"Nice hotel, affordable, clean"
First I'll start with the bad. Unless you are a heavy sleeper you may want to stay somewhere else, the hotel walls were very thin and I could hear people on the balcony all day and night and it actually woke me up from my sleep and I freaked out because I thought they were in my room but we're really outside. Now for the good the bed was great and the room was one of the cleanest rooms I have ever stayed in. It looked like I had paid 100 a night to stay there when really I only paid 60. The floors were wood and only carpeted by the bed which made it feel kind of more homey and a nice touch to it. It was also right across from target, next to ihop and McDonald's and only a block away from meijer and Branns it was a great location and the very first exit of the freeway it was great!
Other trip Jul 10, 2015
allison
It was a good place to stay, the place was very clean and comfortable.
1 night trip Jul 2, 2015
Carlos
"Adequate."
The hotel was adequate. You get what you pay for with the hotel.
Other trip Jul 6, 2015
"Disappointing accomodations"
We booked one night at the Red Roof as we traveled through MI. The motel was next to a construction site which proved to be a bit noisy. On top the room itself though stated as non-smoking clearly had been smoked in and the bathroom door barely closed. This is our last stay with this chain.
1 night romance trip Jun 30, 2015
Lori
"July 2015"
Good inexpensive place to stay with restaurants, stores and gas stations around. Easy on and off expressway.
1 night family trip Jul 2, 2015
Just remodeled. Forgot towels.
2 night trip with friends Jun 26, 2015
Gordon
"The Mystery of the Missing Shower Curtain"
Room had no shower curtain, no Kleenex, and being in the far side of the second building wi-fi cut in and out. Management provided a curtain and Kleenex. I guess for $10 more I could have stayed in the Comfort Inn and had breakfast and a pool and hot tub. Management could not have been nicer so it was an OK stay. Grounds were very attractive, with plants, seating, and grils.
2 night family trip Jun 26, 2015
harry
"Good place for a quick stay."
Cigarette holes in the bed sheets, bathroom was dirty, people that stay there are questionable and suspicious. Room was smelly and hot when I first walked in.
Other trip Jun 30, 2015
Have not see so clean room for very long time!Good job to your housekeepers!!! Bad job to the person at the Service desk. He even didn't bother to talk to us/explain where is our room located.
1 night romance trip Jun 24, 2015
"Nice place. Next step: the paperwork."
Very nice interior - modern vessel sink, faux wood floors, multiple pillows, etc. Exterior could use a bit more sprucing up (empty the trash cans, pick up butts, etc.); flowers out front looked lovely. I'm looking for the next trend in hotels to be: Quality TP. Nobody uses that thin cheap stuff in their homes so why do we put up with it when we travel? Please!
Other trip Jun 25, 2015
SP
"Clean, nice, and updated made this feel great"
The hotel room was nice, clean, and the bed was perfectly great. Overall the room was exactly as described and with clean pergo flooring instead of carpeted, which in my opinion, carpet is dirty no matter what.
1 night business trip Jun 21, 2015
infrastructure issues, dirty rooms, lack of maid service
Other trip Jun 19, 2015
"Noisy"
Dated and noisy. There was yelling in the middle of the night and left over food was left on the railing. We got out of our second night stay.
2 night trip with friends Jun 12, 2015
Arlene
"A Quick Stay"
My friend and I needed a hotel to stay in as a half way point between Grand Rapids and Lansing. We found the Red Roof Inn near the highway and at a reasonable price. The surrounding area of the hotel seems sketchy but everything was great. I am not a huge fan of the entrance to the hotel rooms being from the outside, but I felt safe and the rooms were very clean and beautiful.
1 night trip with friends Jun 6, 2015
Kerri
"Liked the new renovation"
The stay was good! Only issue, but was easily corrected, was that the first room they gave me, someone else was in that room! They quickly switch out that room! Other than that, it was a good layover stay! I liked the new renovation of the rooms as well!
1 night trip May 31, 2015
ray
"good for price"
Good for the price I paid.
3 night business trip May 21, 2015
Alejandro
"Clean room, friendly staff"
This very clean but basic motel suited our needs for a one-day getaway. I wished it had an in-room coffee maker, but coffee was readily available in the lobby. We walked to the adjacent McDonald's for breakfast.
1 night family trip May 23, 2015
Ellen
"Convenient location, but that's all."
The location was perfect, as far as it being convenient located within walking distance of several eateries and shopping; and less that a 10 min drive to the mall, airport, and restaurants. The only major issue I had was when I checked in, they sent me to a room that had not yet been cleaned. I had to wait in my car, with my 5 week old grandbaby for 45mins for the room to be ready. The manager was very apologetic, so I didn't make a fuss. But the toilet kept leaking and would not flush...they got it to flush, but the leakage continued. Don't believe the advertisement claiming that the fridge is stocked with snacks n juice...that's s lie.
4 night family trip May 8, 2015
STEPHANIE E
Sloppy made and uncomfortable bed. No tv remote or hair dryer in the room and the bathroom was abnormally cramped.
Other trip May 15, 2015