All hotels in Frederick, Maryland, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here420 Prospect Blvd, Frederick, MD, 21701, United States of America, ‏‎866-925-8648

"Not happy with this hotel"
We were very unhappy with this Best Western. When we checked in the girl at the counter was visiting with another lady ( not another guest) and ignored us. When we went to our room the a/c was not working and we could smell cigarette smoke in the hall. We were given another room eventually where the a/c did work but the toilet made noises in this room. When we went down for breakfast in the morning several items were missing (like napkins) and when we asked for some the lady gave us a cross look and took her time in putting more out. Very disappointed in this hotel!
1 night trip Oct 7, 2014
Convenient to freeway. Provided good value for last minute needs. Clean and comfortable. Staff was helpful and pleasant.
1 night romance trip Oct 5, 2014
Deedee
The staff was ver nice and helpful. The hotel was clean and comfortable. Bathroom needs a vanity to place things on.
2 night trip Oct 3, 2014
"Great value, nice breakfast."
Stayed here on our way to Gettysburg and Harrisburg area. It was definitely a cut above the bargain motels, but still economical and comfortable.
Other trip Sep 28, 2014
Dwight
"Okay hotel but mattress was like sleeping on rocks"
Hotel was okay but nothing fancy. Difficult to find because of small sign on road. Bad on this hotel: The mattress was like sleeping on rocks and the hallways smelled of cigarette smoke. When I told the hotel staff about the mattress they said there were new mattresses in a storage container and would be replaced in Winter. Geesh, thanks for fixing a known problem so quickly. Breakfast was okay with eggs, sausage, bacon, biscuits, gravy and coffee. Good for hotel food.
Other trip Sep 28, 2014
Janet
Clean room and right off the highway. Above average breakfest
Other trip Sep 22, 2014
"Hotel is decent if you can ignore the front desk"
Our stay was alright minus the front desk attendant. I booked a reservation on 5/1/14 for a 9/12-9/14/14 reservation through hotels.com. I received a confirmation email and luckily printed it out. When I approached the front desk, I had to wait for five minutes before being acknowledged because she was on the phone with a customer. The woman took my license and then told me she couldn't find my reservation in the computer system THOUGH IT WAS PRINTED OUT ON PAPER RIGHT IN FRONT OF HER. By this time, three other people in the wedding party were waiting to check in after me so this was annoying and embarrassing. The room was already paid in full and I was going to cause a scene if she didn't correct the situation. She tried my married name and maiden name and still claimed that she couldn't find it so I told her that she needs to look harder because it is paid for and I am not leaving. She goes into a cabinet and pulls out a binder with paper reservations and then finds it...We finally got our room keys and had to hike up stairs since there is no elevator and the outside door closest to our room was broken. The only redeeming factors were that the room was ok and the breakfast was good. I would not recommend this hotel and will not be going back.
Response by Best Western Historic Frederick
We are sorry to hear your recent stay at our hotel was not an excellent experience. Please accept our sincere apologies for the disappointments that occurred during your stay. We have taken your comments to heart and we sincerely hope that you will consider staying with us again the next time you visit Frederick so that we can have the opportunity to exceed your expectations. future to serve you better.
2 night trip Sep 12, 2014
Liz
Excellent, Only thing negative is a very small bathroom. Good that the vanity is outside of bathroom. Easy to get to, secluded: but, close to major roads. Ample parking & large parking spaces.
1 night business trip Sep 15, 2014
ED
Breakfast selection was really poor. Room layout is not the best. Personnel in the front desk were not pro support visitors needs.
1 night business trip Sep 14, 2014
"Affordable and comfortable stay in Frederick"
This hotel meets basic expectations in terms of quality and service. We were not overwhelmed by any distinct characteristics, but our expectations were met considering the investment. Stay at this hotel for a nice, comfortable stay. Do not prepare to be flattered by any charming amenities.
1 night trip Sep 14, 2014
"easy access from I270"
General condition of hotel has degraded from our stay three years ago. Bathroom was really small, smaller than many European hotel bathrooms. Breakfast was good.
2 night trip Sep 6, 2014
"Quality has dropped"
The hotel has really gone down in condition from 3 years ago when I stayed there. Maintenance seems to have dropped. My nephew was stuck in his room. No one could get in or out of the room. They had to come get him through the window. Once they moved rooms, the door key would not work. My brother's room, the toilet seat had to be fixed.
3 night trip Sep 5, 2014
"convenient to dining options"
Pleasant staff, pleasant room, very conveniently located.
1 night business trip Sep 2, 2014
SB
"decent hotel for a night or two"
this hotel was just fine for our layover between VA and NJ. definitely ask for an inside room, as ours was right next to the interstate and the traffic noise is really bad.
1 night trip Aug 30, 2014
Jo-Ann
"Shabby and dirty"
The room smelled musty, carpet was pealing up around heater, carpet (clipped toenails) and bathroom (toilet paper soiled) were dirty. Service was substandard, forgot to give us towels, and couldn't deliver them to room when I called. Reduced rate following complaints about cleanliness. Housekeeping manager came to room to discuss and was defensive and non-apologetic.
2 night trip Aug 29, 2014
"Room was nice, hotel could use work."
I was happy to stay here especially for the great price. A few things: 1) The room was clean and the beds were comfortable-- a completely different feel then the one you get around the rest of the hotel. 2) The bathroom is INCREDIBLY small and tight. It is what it is. 3) Our mini fridge did not work. 4) There is NOT an elevator here. They were out of first floor rooms when we arrived-- so you need to make sure to tell them if you need first floor well ahead of time. 5) The hallways need a makeover and fresh paint.
1 night trip Aug 30, 2014
"One night Stay"
The room (114) is small - the bathroom is tiny and the bathroom sink is found outside the bathroom in the room itself. The price was high for the room ($89). There is an outside pool, and the breakfast was adequate- however, we skipped it and went to breakfast at a local restaurant. I was awoken by loud outside pounding sounds that I guess were garbage truck picking up a dumpster and the noise of large truck entering the back alley of the facility. That was unexpected and unfortunate as otherwise the hotel was quiet. (stayed August 2014)
1 night trip Aug 26, 2014
John Euson
"Clean and economical"
We just stayed for one night on a return trip to Cleveland from Williamsburg. The room was clean and comfortable and located within walking distance of restaurants. The price was very reasonable and included breakfast.
1 night trip Jul 30, 2014
Tracy
"Very disappointed"
The only positive thing I can say is that bed was comfortable . Even though breakfast was free , it was average at best. Maids woke us up at 9 am with doors slamming and loud conversation. Good thing we were of average size.., anyone larger will not fit on toilet !
Response by Best Western Historic Frederick
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay. We would like to apologize for the noise from housekeepers that woke you up and disrupted your stay. I have personally spoken to housekeeping department regarding the issues you have dealt with. We hope that you will consider staying with us again the next time you visit Frederick.
2 night trip Jul 18, 2014
"Just off Rte 40 on edge of old Fredericksburg"
The motel is just off Rte 40/15 on south side of Frederick. About 1.5 mi. drive to middle of town (Market & Patrick streets). Take S. Jefferson St. exit, then turn right on Prospect. Room and entire facility were very clean, in good condition. Excellent value for the price. Location worked well for us going into Frederick on a Friday night and Saturday afternoon and from hotel to Fairgrounds on Saturday morning.
Response by Best Western Historic Frederick
We are so glad you enjoyed your experience at Best Western Frederick. Thank you for taking the time out of your busy life to write this review. We hope to see you again.
1 night trip Jul 18, 2014
Bob K
I travel for work to MD so I stay in hotels 3-4 nights/wk--the Frederick hotels are, in general, grossly overpriced for what you get. It's frequently cheaper to stay closer to DC. This hotel is little old and dingy (carpets could use replacing, lighting is dim), but the rates are reasonable and it's easy to get to. My rooms have always been clean, and there's an adequate microwave, small refrigerator, and coffee maker in all the rooms. The main 'comfort of the room' complaint I have is that the bathroom is SO SMALL. I am not a big person but I can barely turn around in it. Some rooms have a distinct lack of electrical outlets to use, and unlike most hotels now, the lights do not have outlets on them. I'm not sure I'd go for extended walks in the neighborhood, but there is a grocery and a few restaurants within walking distance. The exercise room has a couple of treadmills, a stationary bike, and an elliptical, which is better than nothing--but no weights of any kind. The staff at the front desk has always been friendly and helpful. The breakfast is amazingly generous for a hotel at this rate: there are hot food selections (egg 'patties', bacon or sausage, waffles, biscuits & gravy) as well as fruit, yogurt, and cereal. Considering the value for the money, I will stay here again.
3 night business trip Jul 7, 2014
"Comfortable"
It was a great location off the highway and beautiful place to be. It's clean, staff are friendly, and great breakfast.
1 night trip Jul 12, 2014
"Mildew motel"
Rooms (we experienced 2, because the 1st was not properly cleaned) were dank and mildewy to the point where we didn't feel comfortable walking barefoot on the damp carpeted floor. The staff wasn't particularly friendly, but they were helpful. Didn't try the breakfast but it smelled good. We were happy to check out well before the noon checkout time the next morning.
1 night trip Jul 6, 2014
H&M
"Very nice for the price!"
Beds are very comfortable. Great stay!
2 night trip Jul 4, 2014
"Close to historic Frederick"
This motel was not in, but a short drive to Historic Frederick. It was very adequate for a one night stay.
Other trip Jul 1, 2014
"Not good"
We just returned from a night stay at Best Western in historic Frederick. Our room was dark, musty, and the rug felt wet under your bare feet. They had dehumidifiers set up in the hallways if that tells you anything about the air quality. The high humidity made for uncomfortable sleeping and you never felt clean. Stay somewhere else!!
Other trip Jun 23, 2014
April
The breakfast was really good and had a large assortment to pick from.
4 night business trip Jun 11, 2014
"Frederick, MD - Great place!"
We took a girls trip to Frederick, MD and stayed in this Best Western. My husband and I stayed in a Best Western in Rockville, MD many times and really liked it, so we tried this one. Great updated rooms, plenty of space for 4 girls. The bathroom was SUPER tiny, but it was just the toilet and shower. The sink was in the actual room. The pool was very nice and well maintained and the hotel staff was very friendly. The room was very nice but the rest of the hotel could have used a little updating. But I guess you can't really change the structure of it. We didn't have breakfast in the morning so I can't say anything about that. They had a great map of downtown Frederick available for us to use. What a cute little town!! We are definitely planning to come back again and will probably stay here. Super convenient and very easy to get to.
1 night trip with friends Jun 14, 2014
"Unbelievably noisy"
Our window was about thirty feet from a very busy highway. Enough said. Left after one excruciating night.
Other trip Jun 16, 2014
"tiny bathroom"
The toilet and tub were in a little closet. My fat mother couldn't close the door, unless she sat down on the toilet, because the room was so small. Very awkward for older people.
Response by Best Western Historic Frederick
Dear Guest, Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property. On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. I am sorry for any inconvenience you and your family may have been caused. When we bought this property a few years ago we looked at adding some additional bathroom space. The problem we ran into was to make any noticeable difference would take up to much actual room space. I hope that you will consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with a superior experience.
1 night trip Jun 12, 2014
Mr Happy
"Good motel in Frederick"
Little bathroom, but roomy room, great shower, pretty good breakfast
Other trip Jun 12, 2014
Joan
"Long check-in time"
I was held up for incorrect entry of my last name in their system by their staff. Actually, someone added my middle initial before my last name which cause delay in checking in.
Other trip Jun 9, 2014
"Good Overnight Stop"
Overall, it was fine; the bathroom was a bit small, so maneuvering to get into the shower was a bit of a challenge. There weren't a lot of low-fat options at breakfast; otherwise, there seemed to be quite a bit of choice (but I couldn't have most of them). I would probably stay again.
Response by Best Western Historic Frederick
Dear Guest, Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property. Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. By telling us what you liked about your stay and how we can improve, you are helping us deliver a superior experience for you and other guests in the future. .When we acquired this property about seven years ago we wanted to make the bathrooms bigger. The problem we ran into was to make any kind of noticeable difference in bathroom space would have cut into to much of the actual room. I apologize for any inconvenience you may have been caused. We hope you will come back and see us again soon
1 night trip Jun 3, 2014
Terri B
"Very Clean, Comfortable, and super great breakfast"
Room was clean and comfortable and spacious. Fantastic breakfast! Good value for the money!
1 night trip Mar 1, 2014
"Good hotel for passing though"
The hotel was not grand but met our needs. The price was reasonable and included a decent breakfast. We would stay there again when we travel up north to visit with family
1 night trip May 18, 2014
"clean & convenient to historic district"
Had to work in the room at night. Had no car. Found grocery store and drug store (CVS) very near by and accessible for food etc for room. My choice for work travel to Frederick historic district when not driving.
Response by Best Western Historic Frederick
We are very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay at our property. We hope if you are in the area again you would stay with us.
1 night business trip May 25, 2014
"Nice for the price!"
For a "2 Star" Hotel, the room was nicely set up with a nice bed. My only grip is that the bathroom barely gives you enough room to shut the door with out standing in the shower!
1 night business trip May 20, 2014
Brandon
"Nice hotel for a short stay"
We reserved 2 rooms for 5 adults. The rooms were very comfortable and updated. The bathroom was tiny and cramped though, but it was fine for a one night stay. We were very satisfied.
Other trip May 22, 2014
JB
"Best value in area"
This will not be the best hotel you've ever stayed at. However, after repeat visits to the area, I am convinced that this hotel gives you the best value. It is better and cheaper than other hotels near it's price by far. It is not in bad condition either, just could use a little extra maintenance here and there. The free breakfast could be better quality, but it is free and has several options. 100% will stay here again on my next trip to Frederick.
1 night business trip May 18, 2014
"Dated and dingy"
See title
1 night trip May 8, 2014
Richard H.
"nice hotel. would stay again"
Friendly staff, clean room, quiet. Good breakfast.
Other trip May 17, 2014
"Great find"
This place is a gem. Rooms were spacious, clean and well equipped. All employees were friendly and very accommodating . The breakfast included a number of very healthy options. The facility is easily accessible to freeways and in town shops, restaurants, and local historical sites.
1 night trip May 13, 2014
"Just ok"
Nothing terrible, but not great. The staff was friendly and the room was pretty clean. The halls smelled a bit funny. The breakfast area wasn't great. All of the tables were a little sticky and one day there was no regular coffee for the entire time I was sitting there. The location was pretty convenient to the highways and shopping area.
4 night trip May 5, 2014
"It will get you by in a pinch."
The towels were extremely small and scratchy. Walls were paper thin. I could hear everything happening in the hallways and adjoining rooms. The bathroom was so small, I could barely close the door while inside. The entire hotel reeked of smoke and mildew (even though I was in a non-smoking room). The actual room was spacious, though.
Other trip May 10, 2014
NA
"Bathroom is ridiculously small."
It was pleasant. Solid 3+ except the bathroom size.
Other trip May 4, 2014
"Comfortable Beds"
The beds were excellent. They were so comfortable. This is a great hotel for the value. No major concerns or problems. We were only in the area for 2 nights to visit family and weren't in the room much.
2 night trip Mar 21, 2014
Samantha
"A property in need of help."
So much to say here.... The overall hotel needs a good upgrade. The rooms look a bit beat up and in need of some improvement. Stains on the wallpaper, miserable mattresses and incredibly lousy blankets. I just think they don't re-invest in the property. The size of the room is small and oddly equipped.
6 night family trip Apr 6, 2014
"Small Bath"
We would stay here again. It was convenient for our stay, the staff was nice and the value was good. The only downside was that the bath was small and a little cramped.
2 night family trip Apr 6, 2014
"Basic facility"
Very Small rest room. No real way to have privacy if multiple people have showers unless someone leaves the hotel room.. The small rest room requires that you leave to get dressed or use the wash basin / sink. House keeping kept the room nice, but needed to be asked to vacuum the floor and change bed linens. Neighborhood is commercial / next to apartment complexes. no issues with neighborhood. Minimal support services nearby - The adjacent strip mall has a Cleaners, grocery, hobby shop, Chinese restaurant and pizza place. All were serviceable. Fast food and drug store nearby. Smell a bit of cigarette smoke in halls. Breakfast was limited but served in clean area and serviceable quality. Parking adequate, good access to roads. "thin walls" easy to hear noise from next door and hallway. Has TV, Microwave, coffee maker, and small refrigerator. Wireless internet was adequate, but obviously overtasked with users and NOT secure connection.
Other trip Apr 13, 2014
A 5 day guest
"Nice choice for history buffs!"
We had no problems at all. We stayed for just one night, as planned, and were on the 2nd floor. Room was fine--quite comfortable and clean. Air was set for 69 when we entered the room, and was very comfortable for us. Staff was professional and friendly. Good continental breakfast. Convenient location for getting to the historical sites. We enjoyed our stay!
Other trip Apr 12, 2014