All hotels in Frederick, Maryland, United States of America
420 Prospect Blvd, Frederick, MD, 21701, United States of America, ‏‎866-925-8648

Clean room staff pleasant lobby nice bathroom roomie
Other trip Jan 21, 2015
"Satisfactory"
I would stay here again. Everything seemed to fit acceptable to the price category of this hotel.
1 night business trip Jan 13, 2015
Liam
"Nice hotel, disappointing breakfast bar"
(1) I observed and spoke briefly to a couple from Pennsylvania, both retired school teachers, who were enroute to Charleston, who discovered and reported the sight of green mold bread at the hotel's complimentary continental breakfast. The breakfast bar manager and the front desk clerk nearby conferred with the couple. Result: the green mold bread was replaced with a fresh loaf of bread. Luckily, the contaminated bread was discarded before it was eaten. (2) I observed a young African-American girl, accompanied apparently by her mother, eating at the same hotel continental breakfast dressed in her bathrobe and slippers. The young girl appeared to be aged 14-15. Leisure and casual dress is common these days, no problem. And very young pre-school children in their pajamas, accompanied by their parents, is also no problem. But a teen-aged young lady should not have been dressed so indiscretely in a public open space occupied by other travelers. If none exists, there should be a hotel dress code policy, enforced by staff, to address this problem.
Other trip Jan 20, 2015
J.
"My stay at the Best Western"
I stayed one night and was happy with the hotel. I will definitely use this hotel again. The rooms were nice, good tv, comfortable bed, the breakfast was excellent and there was lots of parking. The heater was a bit noisy and that would be my only complaint. The hotel is easy to find from the expressway. All in all, I was quite happy with my choice.
1 night business trip Jan 12, 2015
"Hotel"
Good customer service. However, there were people sleeping in the parking lot and this made me feel unsafe at times.
6 night business trip Jan 5, 2015
"Not Ireland"
The bathroom was made for lepracans..far too small..and the sink was elsewhere
1 night romance trip Jan 2, 2015
John David
"Perfect for the money"
Very professional and accommodating, and one of the most comfortable mattresses I've ever slept on. Furnishings were a little old and doors a bit sticky, and pretty tiny bathroom -- definitely not a luxury hotel, but excellent for the money.
1 night romance trip Dec 25, 2014
"great value/price ratio"
Convenient location (close to interstate, but quiet), friendly personal, ok breakfast. Maybe, just too thin blankets :) Overall, great value/price ratio
1 night family trip Dec 26, 2014
"awsome"
A little pricey but great
1 night romance trip Sep 24, 2014
Stephen
"Nice, clean, and To the point."
The service was wonderful and the rooms were pretty clean. Granted it is an older hotel but overall we had not shower problems or stains as we did in other hotels. Although it wouldn't hurt to have the carpets replaced soon.
1 night family trip Dec 5, 2014
"OK"
It was good for our 1 night stay, not any longer the bathroom is extremely small. We went to use the computer to print something out there was no toner, when asked about it the desk clerk was acting like she wasn't understanding what we were talking about.
1 night romance trip Nov 28, 2014
April
"not an option for heavy luggage travellers"
location was convenient for a one day family trip in Baltimore. No elevator and narrow bathroom space disappointed us.
1 night family trip Nov 28, 2014
We stayed a single night. The bed was comfortable and the room was clean. Breakfast was below average.
1 night family trip Nov 28, 2014
"Good Hotel for the Price"
Nothing fancy but a good hotel for the price you pay. Staff was friendly and the room was clean. Right off the freeway so it is really accessible if you are just driving through. The only real negative was the water pressure in the shower was really low.
1 night romance trip Nov 21, 2014
"Never going back to this Hotel"
The staff was friendly. However the room needed some repairs. Lamp shade had water stains. Nightstand handle was broken. Tub had repairs that had been poorly done. Our room was very loud and in the middle of the night we were woken up to a sound of pipes vibrating from the room next door. It sounded as if they had turned on the shower and the pipes were going to explode. Hard to describe since I am not a plumber. Breakfast was not good at all. The room did not have extra blankets and only came with one thin blanket. I went to the reception desk and asked for more. They gave me two more. One was dirty the other had what appeared to be cigarette burns in it. I will not be back to this hotel. I even thought of switching hotels on our second night but what a hassle.
Response by Best Western Historic Frederick
Thank you for sharing your comments. My sincerest apologies that your experience with us has left you feeling unsatisfied and unhappy. I would like to thank you for your honest feedback and I assure you we will be using this feedback to avoid these situations in the future.
2 night business trip Nov 17, 2014
Anglea
"ok"
nice servis
Response by Best Western Historic Frederick
thank you for taking the time to write a review. - we hope you will stay with us again upon your return to the Frederick area.
1 night trip Nov 18, 2014
Ronald
"Nice hotel, very comfortable."
Exceeding expectation considering the quite low rate.
Fulvio
"Good location clean room"
Friendly service and clean! Good Job... Good stay
Other trip Nov 18, 2014
jim
"Visiting son at college"
Great hotel for the price. that's all I have to say about that.
Other trip Nov 14, 2014
"suitable working class stay."
Left an extra night early for a weekend getaway at a bed and breakfast. Friendly front desk.
1 night romance trip Nov 6, 2014
Shawn
It was good for an overnight stay.
1 night business trip Nov 2, 2014
"Another pleasant stay"
I have stayed at this property on several previous occasions. The hotel is still maintained very well and the staff keep it clean and comfortable. The breakfast has improved a great deal from two years ago. It is older but everything works fine. The only drawback is the size of the bathrooms. Nothing can be done about this, though. The beds are comfortable and very clean. I will stay here again upon my return to Frederick.
3 night trip Oct 29, 2014
Bathroom was very small and not the cleanest. There was also a strong unpleasant smell in the hallway.
Other trip Nov 3, 2014
"Adequate."
Our stay was adequate. The only complaint was the bed was not very comfortable and the room had a strange odor.
1 night romance trip Oct 29, 2014
Delbert
"Easy stay"
Single overnight. Easy in and out. Clean, comfy and no trouble. Will stay again.
1 night business trip Oct 28, 2014
jacqueline
"A Fine Choice!!"
Hotel was just what we needed for a visit to local college. No problems at all. Good location for Historic visit also. Would use again. Price was reasonable.
1 night family trip Oct 25, 2014
Albert
"One night stay to attend Wedding"
Location of the motel was convenient. Very quiet during the night.,The bed was comfortable and the kitchen had excellent coffee. One of the low points was the bathroom was very small and the lighting at the sink was not very good for the ladies makeup. However the rates were good.
1 night trip Oct 21, 2014
R DeVore
"It was nice overall."
It was a good stay. Room was bigger than expected.
Other trip Oct 25, 2014
"Great for an overnight stay"
Perfect for an overnight visit - close to downtown Frederick, Monocacy, and visits to Virginia countryside.
1 night family trip Oct 18, 2014
Small bathroom....
4 night trip Oct 13, 2014
larry
"Good for travelers"
The room was clean and the staff was helpful. Refrigerator and microwave in room. Full breakfast. Sink was just outside the bathroom, so it was tub and toilet.--small but no problem. This place was a good value. Eat at Ledo's Pizza nearby--best pizza ever.
1 night trip with friends Oct 5, 2014
"Not happy with this hotel"
We were very unhappy with this Best Western. When we checked in the girl at the counter was visiting with another lady ( not another guest) and ignored us. When we went to our room the a/c was not working and we could smell cigarette smoke in the hall. We were given another room eventually where the a/c did work but the toilet made noises in this room. When we went down for breakfast in the morning several items were missing (like napkins) and when we asked for some the lady gave us a cross look and took her time in putting more out. Very disappointed in this hotel!
1 night trip Oct 7, 2014
Convenient to freeway. Provided good value for last minute needs. Clean and comfortable. Staff was helpful and pleasant.
1 night romance trip Oct 5, 2014
Deedee
The staff was ver nice and helpful. The hotel was clean and comfortable. Bathroom needs a vanity to place things on.
2 night trip Oct 3, 2014
"Great value, nice breakfast."
Stayed here on our way to Gettysburg and Harrisburg area. It was definitely a cut above the bargain motels, but still economical and comfortable.
Other trip Sep 28, 2014
Dwight
"Okay hotel but mattress was like sleeping on rocks"
Hotel was okay but nothing fancy. Difficult to find because of small sign on road. Bad on this hotel: The mattress was like sleeping on rocks and the hallways smelled of cigarette smoke. When I told the hotel staff about the mattress they said there were new mattresses in a storage container and would be replaced in Winter. Geesh, thanks for fixing a known problem so quickly. Breakfast was okay with eggs, sausage, bacon, biscuits, gravy and coffee. Good for hotel food.
Other trip Sep 28, 2014
Janet
Clean room and right off the highway. Above average breakfest
Other trip Sep 22, 2014
"Hotel is decent if you can ignore the front desk"
Our stay was alright minus the front desk attendant. I booked a reservation on 5/1/14 for a 9/12-9/14/14 reservation through hotels.com. I received a confirmation email and luckily printed it out. When I approached the front desk, I had to wait for five minutes before being acknowledged because she was on the phone with a customer. The woman took my license and then told me she couldn't find my reservation in the computer system THOUGH IT WAS PRINTED OUT ON PAPER RIGHT IN FRONT OF HER. By this time, three other people in the wedding party were waiting to check in after me so this was annoying and embarrassing. The room was already paid in full and I was going to cause a scene if she didn't correct the situation. She tried my married name and maiden name and still claimed that she couldn't find it so I told her that she needs to look harder because it is paid for and I am not leaving. She goes into a cabinet and pulls out a binder with paper reservations and then finds it...We finally got our room keys and had to hike up stairs since there is no elevator and the outside door closest to our room was broken. The only redeeming factors were that the room was ok and the breakfast was good. I would not recommend this hotel and will not be going back.
Response by Best Western Historic Frederick
We are sorry to hear your recent stay at our hotel was not an excellent experience. Please accept our sincere apologies for the disappointments that occurred during your stay. We have taken your comments to heart and we sincerely hope that you will consider staying with us again the next time you visit Frederick so that we can have the opportunity to exceed your expectations. future to serve you better.
2 night trip Sep 12, 2014
Liz
Excellent, Only thing negative is a very small bathroom. Good that the vanity is outside of bathroom. Easy to get to, secluded: but, close to major roads. Ample parking & large parking spaces.
1 night business trip Sep 15, 2014
ED
Breakfast selection was really poor. Room layout is not the best. Personnel in the front desk were not pro support visitors needs.
1 night business trip Sep 14, 2014
"Affordable and comfortable stay in Frederick"
This hotel meets basic expectations in terms of quality and service. We were not overwhelmed by any distinct characteristics, but our expectations were met considering the investment. Stay at this hotel for a nice, comfortable stay. Do not prepare to be flattered by any charming amenities.
1 night trip Sep 14, 2014
"easy access from I270"
General condition of hotel has degraded from our stay three years ago. Bathroom was really small, smaller than many European hotel bathrooms. Breakfast was good.
2 night trip Sep 6, 2014
"Quality has dropped"
The hotel has really gone down in condition from 3 years ago when I stayed there. Maintenance seems to have dropped. My nephew was stuck in his room. No one could get in or out of the room. They had to come get him through the window. Once they moved rooms, the door key would not work. My brother's room, the toilet seat had to be fixed.
3 night trip Sep 5, 2014
"convenient to dining options"
Pleasant staff, pleasant room, very conveniently located.
1 night business trip Sep 2, 2014
SB
"decent hotel for a night or two"
this hotel was just fine for our layover between VA and NJ. definitely ask for an inside room, as ours was right next to the interstate and the traffic noise is really bad.
1 night trip Aug 30, 2014
Jo-Ann
"Shabby and dirty"
The room smelled musty, carpet was pealing up around heater, carpet (clipped toenails) and bathroom (toilet paper soiled) were dirty. Service was substandard, forgot to give us towels, and couldn't deliver them to room when I called. Reduced rate following complaints about cleanliness. Housekeeping manager came to room to discuss and was defensive and non-apologetic.
2 night trip Aug 29, 2014
"Room was nice, hotel could use work."
I was happy to stay here especially for the great price. A few things: 1) The room was clean and the beds were comfortable-- a completely different feel then the one you get around the rest of the hotel. 2) The bathroom is INCREDIBLY small and tight. It is what it is. 3) Our mini fridge did not work. 4) There is NOT an elevator here. They were out of first floor rooms when we arrived-- so you need to make sure to tell them if you need first floor well ahead of time. 5) The hallways need a makeover and fresh paint.
1 night trip Aug 30, 2014
"One night Stay"
The room (114) is small - the bathroom is tiny and the bathroom sink is found outside the bathroom in the room itself. The price was high for the room ($89). There is an outside pool, and the breakfast was adequate- however, we skipped it and went to breakfast at a local restaurant. I was awoken by loud outside pounding sounds that I guess were garbage truck picking up a dumpster and the noise of large truck entering the back alley of the facility. That was unexpected and unfortunate as otherwise the hotel was quiet. (stayed August 2014)
1 night trip Aug 26, 2014
John Euson
"Clean and economical"
We just stayed for one night on a return trip to Cleveland from Williamsburg. The room was clean and comfortable and located within walking distance of restaurants. The price was very reasonable and included breakfast.
1 night trip Jul 30, 2014
Tracy
"Very disappointed"
The only positive thing I can say is that bed was comfortable . Even though breakfast was free , it was average at best. Maids woke us up at 9 am with doors slamming and loud conversation. Good thing we were of average size.., anyone larger will not fit on toilet !
Response by Best Western Historic Frederick
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay. We would like to apologize for the noise from housekeepers that woke you up and disrupted your stay. I have personally spoken to housekeeping department regarding the issues you have dealt with. We hope that you will consider staying with us again the next time you visit Frederick.
2 night trip Jul 18, 2014