All hotels in Kennebunk, Maine, United States of America

4.8
Nice people. Clean and comfortable. It was a convenient location and they were very welcoming.
Other trip Aug 20, 2014
"Weekend getaway."
Hotel was recently renovated. Everything in the room was in brand new condition and spotless. The king sized bed was comfortable; the staff was helpful; the complimentary breakfast was great. Location was easy access to Kennebunkport and Old Orchard Beach.
2 night romance trip Aug 15, 2014
Janet
"Just Right"
This inn was the right choice for a relaxing getaway to Maine. Close enough to Kennebunkport yet away from the bustling port. This is a clean and well managed inn with a lovely well kept outdoor pool. Our room with its amenities afforded us a comfortable night's sleep and pleasing ambiance .
3 night family trip Aug 11, 2014
Lita
"Port Inn, Kennebunk, Maine"
We loved our stay at this Inn...the staff was very welcoming and the lobby was bright and cheerful with a nice water-lemon drink available...also got lots of help about sights to see and how to get around the area via the shuttle bus which was right outside the hotel....there was a great pool to use and the breakfast was good as well....would stay again!
2 night romance trip Jun 26, 2014
"Could have been better for the price"
The hotel (really more of a roadside motel) was clearly recently renovated, so the rooms were clean. However, an overwhelming mustiness permeated the rooms. Our room had an odor that was so unpleasant (something close to a boys' gym locker room) that I looked into changing rooms. The staff tried to be very helpful and showed me two additional rooms, but neither of them was much better. I was told that "weather" plays a big part in how the rooms smell. I have stayed at hundreds of hotels and motels in many climates and weather conditions, and have never been in one that smelled like this one or was otherwise adversely affected by the weather. Additionally, we stayed at the hotel two nights, and returned to our room late on the second night (after leaving at about 10:00 a.m. in the morning), to find that the beds had not been made -- clearly housekeeping had not been there at all. The staff was very apologetic, but did nothing to rectify the situation. While I am generally tolerant of mistakes and even motels that aren't as comfortable as I would like, I do not expect to pay over $250.00 a night for mediocre accommodations, as I did for this one.
Response by Port Inn Kennebunk, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member
Thank you for your review. We at the Port Inn Kennebunk take great pride in our cleanliness and staff service and I would like to apologize if we fell below your expectations. I have addressed these issues with the staff and we will work to make guest experiences better in the future. I hope you will come back and give us an opportunity to provide you with excellent service.
Other trip Aug 17, 2014
Very nice place!
1 night trip Aug 8, 2014
phil
"Great Hotel Close to Everything"
Booked this hotel on a whim for mid-week stay in southern Maine. I was nervous at first travelling with two small children (ages 4 and 1), but the hotel was comfortable and accommodating enough that we had no issues. First impression of the lobby was that it was modern, clean and the staff were friendly upon check-in. The room was recently updated, clean and nicely styled. The breakfast in the morning was small, but typical of most continental breakfasts. Cereal, bread, bagels, muffins and pastries were the standard fare. Hot options were scrambled eggs and sausage or bacon. One amenity I enjoyed travelling with small children was that a high chair was available for my 1 year old. However, there were other families staying at the inn, so it was first come, first serve. Would definitely return to the Port Inn. We were within 10 minutes of Wells/Wells Beach, 10 minutes to Kennebunkport, and about half an hours drive up i95 to Portland. Convenient, clean and worth the stay!
Other trip Aug 1, 2014
Kae
Enjoyed stay. Staff was helpful. The only thing I didn't like was that the hotel could not give me the price I paid.
1 night trip Jul 28, 2014
"Nice hotel a short drive from Kennebunkport"
Liked the hotel and would consider staying here again. The free morning breakfast was excellent. The guy running it was really hustling to keep everyone happy. The rooms are clean and have a new feel. The staff got the job done. The location is not bad if you are planning to visit Kennebunkport. A short drive to get there.
Other trip Jul 27, 2014
Jeremy
"Nice place AND pet friendly!"
The Port Inn was a nice place to stay and the biggest perk is that they're pet friendly!! My dog had plenty of things to do around town and when my husband and I just wanted to go out he was comfy resting in the room until we got back. The hotel is a bit pricey for the size of the room and amenities but definitely the nicest hotel that takes pets in the area. Super close to beach and downtown Kennebunk!
2 night romance trip Jul 20, 2014
Robyn A
"Nice & Comfy"
I thought this was a great place to stay. It is a nice area, rooms & surrounding area was very clean. The pool was well maintained & the staff very nice & helpful. I will stay again if I am up that way again.
1 night family trip Jul 16, 2014
Frances
The hotel was very clean newly remodeled. The staff was very helpful provided area information. I would stay again if traveling there again.
1 night trip Jul 8, 2014
"Great price, very clean"
As the title reads, the Port Inn Kennebunk is a great price and very clean and up to date. The rooms were a great size, there is a guest laundry facility, and the stay included a free continental breakfast. Only negative is that it's a bit removed from Kennebunkport, and therefore not much within walking distance.
2 night family trip Jul 6, 2014
SandiKerry
"Pleasant surprise"
New and well decorated. located on route 1 but not noisy.Better breakfast than most of these hotels. Very good value. Small bathroom but not a big deal. Very clean and well run. I would highly recommend the Port Inn.
1 night trip Jul 10, 2014
Jackie
"Part way home"
Nice stay. Only there for 1 night so didn't get to swim, but it seemed that others enjoyed the facility. We liked that the bathroom mirror, hairdryer, etc. were outside of the toilet, shower area, so 2 people could coordinate getting ready.
Other trip Jul 2, 2014
Pat
Great place. Close enough to the port. But very reasonable.
Other trip Jun 17, 2014
"A gem!"
The room was super clean and beautifully decorated. This hotel is a little gem. I wish it was in the heart of town though.
1 night trip Jun 9, 2014
Keek
"Quaint place"
We liked our room; comfortable bed, spacious, clean and good sized bathroom. Staff were friendly and a substantial breakfast was served and tasty.
Other trip Jun 14, 2014
"Nice new hotel"
Overall, I was very pleased with this hotel. I regularly travel to the area with 2 children, ages 11 and 5, to visit family and go to the beach. The room was clean and comfortable and in a convenient location, although not walking distance to the beach. The beds were extremely comfortable, the bathroom well designed and the decor attractive. I appreciated the excellent blackout curtains that allowed us to sleep in and provided excellent privacy from other guests walking by. The complimentary continental breakfast was good and plentiful and my children really enjoyed the pool, which was clean and had nice lounge chairs. There were a few small items that should be corrected--the bifold closet door did not open/close properly (I think there was a problem with the track or the bottom of the door was scraping against the carpet and needed to be filed down), the faucet drained VERY loudly for about a full minute after using it, and the refrigerator went warm overnight (I think maybe the way you have to open the door pulls it loose from the socket). To us, these were all minor issues given the overall comfort and cleanliness of the property and we plan to stay again.
Other trip Jun 9, 2014
M
Very happy with the Hotel, Front desk staff very helpful, facilities all that we expected.
3 night trip May 29, 2014
UK visitor
"Lovely!"
This is a lovely place to stay. The room and bathroom were super clean and comfortable. Staff are friendly and helpful. The breakfast was great and the coffee good. We will recommend this motel to our family and friends as our daughter is now living in the area. In addition, this area is a beautiful place to vacation!
Other trip Jun 5, 2014
Excellent
1 night business trip May 26, 2014
"good value"
everything was fine. Unfortunately no one seems to be in charge of the breakfast buffet. Kept running out of things and the desk clerk was the person one had to get to re-supply what had run out. 'the room was large and the mattresses wonderful.
1 night trip May 26, 2014
Ma. travelers
"Completely Satisfied"
The Port Inn is conveniently located, clean and spacious, offering a very good breakfast. The staff were very helpful. We were completely satisfied and would stay again.
1 night family trip May 24, 2014
"Beautiful renovation of a motel style building."
We stayed for 2 nights right before the summer rush. We booked several months in advance and were given rooms on the back of the property that had a view out to the neighborhood/trees. The interior design was very tasteful and contemporary. The carpeting was comfortable (a review first for me) to walk on and appeared to have above average padding - which I'm sure the first floor guests would appreciate. The rooms included a large mini fridge and microwave. Location - it is not in a walkable area of the tourist stops, however, it is only 2-3 minutes away in either direction. Frankly, during the height of the season, I could see it's location being a respite from heavy crowds. The continental breakfast consists of basics - whole fruit, packaged cereals, delicious muffins pastries. Protein is not on the menu so consider their offerings as a stop gap to a more balanced meal later that day.
2 night trip May 15, 2014
A
"Just passing through"
Just looking for a nice place to spend the night. It worked for us. No problems.
Other trip May 22, 2014
asc
"Very cute and Quaint"
The hotel has clearly undergone a recent renovation that has made it very comfortable and an ideal stay in southern Maine. Staff was incredibly friendly and helpful, and the breakfast offered a variety of selections. Beds were not the most comfortable that I have ever had, but not bad. Room was very clean and organized, with a refrigerator and microwave in the room. Overall, very satisfied with the hotel and the stay.
2 night family trip May 14, 2014
Alyssa
"Clean, comfortable and good staff"
The place was like new as it was very clean and the beds were comfortable and the price reasonable. The staff was very helpful in giving directions to various locations we asked about.
1 night trip May 15, 2014
"This place was incredibly clean."
The place was immaculate. There was quality and care put into the room. Towels, pillows, linen, even the carpet felt clean as home!
Other trip May 11, 2014
Rose
Hotel was very clean and staff was very friendly and helpful. Hotel is a short walk to Kennebunk and a short ride to Kennebunkport. Conveniently located. I would definitely stay here again:)
Other trip May 10, 2014
"Pleasantly surprising stay"
The staff were very friendly and helpful. Rooms are a great size - only our bathroom sink made a lot of noise all night. But rooms were comfy and spacious.
2 night trip May 2, 2014
Xio
"Great for the Price"
I needed a place that was about half way between Portland Head Light and Nubble Light and this was the perfect location. Rooms had everything I needed except I couldn't figure out how to set the alarm clock so I used my phone instead. Only complaint is that coffee wasn't ready on Sunday morning when I checked out and I didn't have time to wait for it. Also, I found the beds to be a little too hard and they were not comfortable.
2 night trip May 2, 2014
Tara
Terrific new motel, very clean & comfortable. We'll stay there again soon!
1 night trip May 3, 2014
T
"Nice, clean hotel close to downtown Kennebunk."
Great staff, very clean rooms, great price. Would highly recommend.
Other trip May 6, 2014
Remy
"Very nice for the price"
Very pleased with the quality of the hotel for the price. Breakfast was good as well.
1 night trip Apr 28, 2014
"Attractive and comfortable, and a good price"
We enjoyed the services, the landscaping is lovely, rooms clean and modern. A nice setting. Great breakfast too.
1 night trip Apr 26, 2014
Patty
I will definitely stay again.
1 night romance trip Apr 26, 2014
Dan Farrar
"Nice Location"
Stay was very nice... Location of hotel is great near surrounding attractions.
3 night family trip Apr 19, 2014
Steve McKenzie
"Kennebunk Hidden Gem"
The room was clean and comfortable. The front desk staff and breakfast staff were very nice.
1 night family trip Apr 11, 2014
"staff were well orientated with their jobs"
very private, and convenient to where I needed to be.
1 night trip Apr 5, 2014
"offseason visit"
hotel was located close to Kennebunkport, and Kennebunk downtown which was the reason we stayed there. staff was very helpful with directions, places to eat and very friendly. breakfast was continental - but above the usual foods, and there was a variety of hot and cold foods and beverages for our fussy teenagers. we left well rested and fed for our day trip into Kennebunkport and shops.
Other trip Apr 7, 2014
mark
"Nicely renovated, BUT my iPad was stolen."
It is obvious that they have recently renovated the entire place, and they have done a a great job. It was really clean and very well decorated. It was not even 10 minutes from downtown Kennebunkport which was not bad. The continental breakfast was also pretty good, there weren't many people staying during our trip so we had a full spread to choose from, it is a small eating area so during a busy season it would be hectic. I would have stayed here again but my iPad was stolen so we'll never be returning.
2 night trip Mar 28, 2014
David Simpson
"A gem"
My husband and I spent a weekend with an old friend. This place was great, with a friendly staff, spotless rooms and a super location for exploring the area. We would definitely return, and would recommend a stay to family and friends.
2 night trip Mar 14, 2014
"off-season stay in maine"
Many hotels in this area are quite shabby and dated. This hotel is completely updated without losing any of its local charm and scale. It also offers amenities only available at larger hotels, such as a fantastic breakfast buffet, wifi, and incredibly comfortable beds. The staff was attentive and helpful, without being "corporate".
Other trip Mar 18, 2014
"nice area plenty of places to eat and great pizza"
We have stayed twice this month and are going back again this week, the rooms are large with a better than average size fridge, everything is modern and up to date. I would only suggest that they have one more chair for seating as there is plenty of room for one and pet friendly as well, very difficult finding a nice place to stay that accept dogs in that area
1 night romance trip Mar 15, 2014
Debby
"Nice hotel handy location"
Hotel room was very comfortable, refrigerator and coffee maker was great to have. in room, continental breakfast was good, scrambled eggs and bacon a plus, something you don't usually have. Only issue we had was with their TV set up, you didn't know what program was on or start and stop time of show, hotel staff told us they had just changed their set up, not a good change. Would stay there again if visiting the area,
Other trip Feb 24, 2014
"Very nice place to stay at a reasonable rate"
We were very happy with our stay. The front desk was very helpful, the room clean and updated. Check in and out was easy. I would definitely recommend it to my friends.
Other trip Feb 24, 2014
Dean
Very nice, will go back again
1 night trip Feb 16, 2014
"Clean"
no nonsense room just there to spend a night before a business trip
Other trip Feb 7, 2014
"Great for off season price"
Outstanding for the price