All hotels in Independence, Ohio, United States of America
6020 Quarry LnI-77 At Exit #155, Rockside Rd, IndependenceOH44131United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9400

Delicious food
  • Value for money
    Quite clean
    Bad breakfast
"OK, stay"
Check in staff was very corteous and accommodating. She was very pleasant and kind. The room was OK. The bedding was dirty and the room has an overall stale smell. It left a bit of a sour taste. Also, even if you have only one person in the room, more than two towels would be kind.
1 night trip Oct 23, 2015
Debbie
"Nothing good"
Nothing good. The worst experience ever!!!! I will never stay at red roof again. I would not recommend to anyone.
Other trip Oct 24, 2015
"One night stay"
Very friendly staff.
1 night romance trip Oct 11, 2015
marcelino
"For the price paid it was pretty good value"
Pros: friendly staff, hotel in decent condition, convenient location, plenty parking, decent size room, room is clean, walking distance to couple restaurants and bars. Cons: some guests who stay here seem to be staying long term...which didn't give off a good vibe but at the same time nobody every bothered me and nothing bad happened.
3 night family trip Oct 8, 2015
"Great Stay, Great Price, Great Location!"
Great stay. Comfortable room. Excellent price. David at the front desk was very helpful with all my questions and he made some great suggestions about "tourist stuff" to do.
3 night romance trip Oct 8, 2015
MICHAEL
"Good overnight stay."
For the money it's great. Clean room, comfortable bed, no extra charge for my dog.
1 night family trip Oct 8, 2015
Geoffrey
"Decent Stay"
The staff was friendly and helpful. The walls were thin, including the external wall. I struggled falling asleep due to the noise outside. This is a great loction, but due to guests socailizing in the lot, it was louder than I'd expected.
1 night trip Oct 7, 2015
Katie
"Best low-cost choice."
This was the best out of 3 of the cheapest hotels we try in a week, and by far the best area. We were in town to go to the Cleveland Clinic at University Circle and this location was not far at all. A quick drive to downtown as well. I highly reccoment this area and the hotel was a great choice too. The only two bad things, noisy parking lot, and the bathroom is a little small, but everything else was great. We will be coming back.
1 night family trip Oct 4, 2015
"Scetchy hotel"
All my cloths smelled of cigarette smoke an also the room.The bathroom had wold in the shower! Has coffee machine and no cups
Other trip Oct 10, 2015
"Cheap, Good Location, Some Issues"
I stay in Independence 3-4 nights a month for business. I like the area because its convenient to most of the Cleveland area, and there are some decent places for craft beer around. I've had different experiences at this hotel. In general, I consider this hotel because the rooms seem to be clean 'enough', the WiFi is free and it is a good location. Having said that, I was a bit disappointed on my most recent stay. My first issue was that the wall unit in my particular room didn't work very well. The room was a little warm for my liking and even turning the dials to full cooling, it didn't make a difference. Additionally, the room I was given was above the laundry room. Two problems with that: 1) there is a drainage area just outside the laundry room that is open to the air, and it smells bad. Not unbearable, but unpleasant. 2) The toilet in my room seemed to fill with hot water while the staff were doing laundry. That meant the bowl and basin were extremely hot to the touch, and the seat would be covered with condensation. Just kind of gross and I'm sure the kind of environment mold and bacteria love. All in all, I may stay here again, but I'll probably be a little more choosy with the room I'm given and a little quicker to call the desk with any issues.
2 night business trip Oct 4, 2015
Patrick
The staff was very unprofessional and rude. The room was not as clean as I expected it to be. There were ants on the floor. The sheets were not removed and washed during our stay. The room did not come with an iron.
2 night family trip Oct 2, 2015
"It served it's purpose."
My stay was nice the room was not that clean had dirty sheets and the bathroom was a little nasty. The neighborhood is beautiful and the hotel is conveniently located. Hotel does need some improvement with staff and appearance.
2 night business trip Sep 26, 2015
Eleanor
"Handicap Room."
Bathroom shower stall and floor needed to be repaired or placed. Had one bug running across the floor. I was able to get an early check in.
3 night business trip Sep 23, 2015
"Not a happy camper!"
Toilet was broken for 14 plus hours- room wasn't cleaned for two nights( and was requested verbally). Was bitten by a bug and ended up in the ER after returning home.
3 night family trip Sep 26, 2015
Wendelyn
"Quick stay close to downtown Cleveland"
Hotel was "good" for the price. Drive is less than 15 minutes to downtown Cleveland. The only issue was the bed squeaked every time you get on it. The sink was also dirty. Good location right off the highway and many restaurants nearby.
1 night romance trip Sep 26, 2015
"Nice room, but way overpriced"
Hotel was clean and bed was OK. Not too much noise to disturb sleeping. But $100 for a night here was really overpriced. But if you decide to stay, make sure you go to the Winking Lizard across the street. A really cool sports bar chain in the Cleveland area.
Other trip Sep 28, 2015
Dean
"Pleasant surprise"
This was a last minute booking for a one night stay. The place was busy and there were several guests in front of me waiting to check in when I arrived. However, the staff was efficient and friendly and check in went smoothly. The room was a very pleasant surprised. My jaded, well traveled self was expecting the tired old worn carpet/drapes/bed/etc but the rooms have apparently undergone some updating and modernizing. New flooring, drapes, a/c, bathroom all made it a good stay for the night. The property is a few miles from downtown Cleveland, where I had some business, so it was just a short drive away. The exterior of the buildings could use with a touch up to match the new interiors, but it did not detract from my stay. I recommend it.
Other trip Sep 28, 2015
Pete
"Good value, great location"
Looking for inexpensive lodging for a bike trip. Found it here. In the neighborhood of several hotels and had 4 restaurants within walking distance.
1 night romance trip Sep 22, 2015
Marlon
"Nic and comfy at the Red Roof - Independence"
Always guaranteed to be clean and comfortable. I enjoy staying at this location. Great food and beverage venues within walking distance, safe neighborhood, and easy access to the interstate.
1 night business trip Sep 24, 2015
Rooms dirty, no warning of hotel not having water one day. Bug on the floor and room was cleaned several times bug stayed in same spot!
9 night business trip Sep 16, 2015
Dean
"Good hotel"
Good hotel. Clean, staff were friendly and room was nice. Just what we needed. Location was good as well.
3 night family trip Sep 18, 2015
Yvonne
"Room Review"
Room clean provided basics, no frills.No amenities. Adequate for the price.Neighborhood safe. No working phone. Good location to restaurants and shopping.Front desk answered questions but didn't make any effort to welcome.
3 night trip Sep 16, 2015
beverly
"Good for the price"
The stay was good overall. Our card keys didn't work the second night until the front desk employee replaced them.
2 night romance trip Sep 18, 2015
"Rock &Roll visit"
Although short staffed, we were well accommodated.
1 night family trip Sep 17, 2015
Catherine
"Good room for the price"
We checked in late at night, and when we went to our rooms, the keys didn't work! So we had to go back down and get new keys. It wasn't a huge inconvenience, but we were very tired, and I had to wait outside the locked room with two tired boys while my husband went to get working keys. The room was fine. The bathroom was very cramped, and even though our reservation was for 4 people, they gave us only two towels. The towels themselves were thick and soft. The room seemed very clean and recently renovated.
Other trip Sep 20, 2015
"Never again"
The room was disgusting but smelled very strongly of cl3aner. The floor was freshly mopped. Almost as if someone was just trying to make it appear/smell clean. Bed had a huge sag right in the center causing my husband I discomfort all night. Then on top of that they kicked us out at 11 am when it is posted everywhere that check out is noon. My husband commented to them about this and they shrugged and said that some things had not been updated. I will never stay here again. Waste of money.
1 night romance trip Sep 18, 2015
lady at the front desk was very nice. My room was awful, smelled like urine.
1 night business trip Sep 15, 2015
"Convenient to Cleveland Clinic"
We had a plesant overnight stay before surgery at Cleveland Clinic. Very convenient to the clinic.
1 night business trip Sep 9, 2015
Joellyn
"Cleveland"
Good location. Would stay there again.
2 night romance trip Sep 9, 2015
Sharlene
Several family members were in from out of town. I called ahead to ask that were have rooms next to each other. This did not happen. I asked if they could move us to rooms closer together and they said no.I called ahead to ask for a crib for the baby in our party. There was no crib in the room when we arrived. We were here 4 nights. Two of the four nights there were people outside yelling and pounding on doors during the hours of midnight to 3:30 a.m. On a positive note, at least the rooms were clean.
Other trip Sep 10, 2015
"Fine just to crash"
Located in dumpy area. Room was just okay. Grease stain on comforter and pink mold in tub and shower. The only time I took my shoes off was to get into bed. We just needed something cheap to get some sleep after a concert and that's exactly what we got. Still, I felt $90 was too expensive for this room.
Other trip Sep 10, 2015
Cass
"Ugh"
Broken TV. Bad sheets and shower where dirty and covered in hair
2 night trip Sep 5, 2015
"Air Show Overnighter"
Nice room - decent price
1 night family trip Sep 6, 2015
Stephen
Good overall but disappointed that was not allowed to check in early when there were obvious clean rooms.... Room had several pieces of hair in bathroom and bed sheets ....
1 night romance trip Sep 6, 2015
Joan
We got there and they front desk attendant was very scatter brained and had no rooms clean for the stay that we booked a month prior, when we finally got the room it didn't look very clean and the fowls had big pieces of black hair on them. If you need a quick cheap hotel it's good to go to but don't look for quality. Then when we were checking out there was no front desk attendant to be found and there was a line of us out the door trying to check out and finally 25 mins later they show up.
1 night trip with friends Sep 5, 2015
"wifi would not work"
overall stay was ok but, wifi did not work during the entire stay talked to front desk and was told to call the tech support number on the card in the room which I did 2 times without any results and when I attempted to call a 3rd time the call mysteriously would not go thru. so was unable to take care of things I needed to online during our stay
2 night romance trip Sep 2, 2015
"Will be back!"
Friendly staff. Room was nice and clean. It was quite. Not far from Cleveland.
2 night family trip Aug 28, 2015
Billy
Good
2 night family trip Aug 31, 2015
Shirley
it was amazing But they didn't give us toothpaste I had to go to the front office for us
1 night romance trip Aug 27, 2015
Justin
"nice place"
perfect stop and go
1 night trip Aug 31, 2015
Ron
It took 20 min of standing in line to actually get checked in. There were 2 people at the desk.
1 night business trip Aug 27, 2015
It was ok the room wasn't cleaned.
2 night romance trip Aug 28, 2015
Iran
"Romantic night out"
Just a getaway for us for the night! Very clean and inexpensive, would stay again!
1 night romance trip Aug 27, 2015
Jodi
"Decent pick"
A little dusty with a few cob webs but other than that it's was clean. I like that it's 100% smoke free but that moved all the smokers out side our door which was obnoxious. They're should be a designated area away from the building for that. A plus was that we were able to get a room change with ease. I'd stay again.
3 night romance trip Aug 24, 2015
"If you want bug bites, come stay here."
Staff could have been a bit friendlier when I checked into the hotel. Overall, the stay was uneventful, except for when I woke up after sleeping in one of the deluxe rooms and ended up with over 18 bug bites on one leg. I would definitely not recommend this facility to anyone. Spend your money elsewhere because this was not worth it.
Other trip Aug 27, 2015
Staff was extremely helpful. Great location, only about 20-25 minutes from downtown Cleveland in morning traffic. Hotel was pet friendly. Only issue was with the deadbolt on my door but it was easily fixable. If I come back to the area, I'll stay there again!
1 night business trip Aug 20, 2015
Desk clerk Doug was uncaring to my needs
1 night romance trip Aug 23, 2015
Exactly what I wanted the room for, a place to sleep and get ready for the next day.
3 night business trip Aug 20, 2015