All hotels in San Francisco, California, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here825 Polk Street, San Francisco, CA, 94109, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

2.9
    2.3
"Mold is dangerous"
There was mold in the corner of the bathroom.
1 night trip with friends May 16, 2015
"Unpleasant owner but place is really nice"
There are more positives than negatives about this place. The owner (?) wasn't too nice when we arrived after I think 18 hours drive by car but I oh well ... Like other people already mentioned the first scary thing you see is bulletproof looking window and no direct contact with the owner. The parking is tiny so be careful because someone might scratch your car. Other than than the room is really nice and clean, the breakfast is quite cheap.
1 night romance trip Mar 29, 2015
Joanna
"worst hotel ever"
They have a 225$ deposit you have to pay that no one told me about people at front desk are rude
1 night trip with friends May 11, 2015
kelsey
"Clean, updated, but not the greatest neighborhood."
Clean newly updated rooms. Hotel staff was not overly friendly but not mean. Just enough free parking for hotel guests. Only down side is the location. It's about 2 blocks away from a nice area of SF... we felt safe but I wouldn't walk around the block at night. I suggest bring a bike, not a bad ride from AT&T Park.
1 night family trip May 7, 2015
"you get what you pay for"
bed bugs...
1 night family trip May 2, 2015
"Decent, affordable hotel in a filthy neighborhood."
Unless you're rich, you should accept that you are going to stay in a neighborhood swarming with crackheads if you want a hotel in SF. This place is a good option. On site parking is a big selling point, though it is not gated. The staff was a little brusk and strict about the rules, but I'm going to chalk that up to the people they routinely have to deal with. Room was big and clean with older furniture. Would recommend.
1 night romance trip Apr 22, 2015
"Receptionist"
Receptionist needs focus and excellence
2 night romance trip Apr 17, 2015
"Not bad for the tenderloin..."
Arrived early and the staff was able to make sure we were taken care of as soon as possible. The rooms were just fine. Parking is first come first served, but free. They do employ a tow truck to ensure guests only park in the lot. The most interesting thing about the property is the plumbing.Some rooms have jacuzzi tubs while the standard shower if one with jets to allow for a body spray effect. Don't worry there are instructions on the wall for operation. I am only 5'2" do one of those jet was pointed at eye level, but my travel mate thought it was not unpleasant.
4 night business trip Apr 15, 2015
"Nice place downtown"
The hotel is really lovely. I wish there was a fridge in room. Maids were very nice but the front desk staff was not very outgoing. It felt like being sent to the Principals office at check-in or any time I went to the office, as if I was an imposition. Breakfast was a nice touch but there was nothing in room about the hours and when I went down Sunday morning nothing was set up and the door was locked so I figured it was only the rest of the week. Nope, it was set up when I checked-out but had to run so missed out. Rooms were lovely, I would stay again, definitely.
4 night business trip Apr 8, 2015
Pamela
"Cheap "hotel" owners"
DO NOT STAY HERE. The hotel seemed to be own by a family that wants to make the most money out of their customers as possible. This business was called a "hotel" but they definitely did not provide hospitality. They were unfriendly when we checked in and insisted that they will have staff that watch the rooms from the video cameras that they have set up all over the outside of the hotel. They said they will charge us with a fee if they find out that we have extra people staying in the room with us. It's literally a prison!! My friend and I checked in together and three of our friends were in the car waiting for us. The receptionist said, "Only the two of you are staying in the room, correct? So the other three people in your car are not staying here?" How creepy is that? I read the reviews about how they were strict on the number of people staying in the room but didn't think it was to this degree. I ended up adding two additional people to my stay for $15 a person per night. ALSO, breakfast is only served from 8:00-9:30. How is it only for 2 hours?? By the way, they never told us the breakfast time when we checked in. They had yogurt and pastrys in the fridge when I went into the lobby at 10:30 and so I tried opening the door of the fridge since I didn't know breakfast was over. But it was locked!! The receptionist said, "Mam breakfast is over." in a very unapologetic tone. Also, ice costs money.
2 night trip with friends Mar 21, 2015
Shannon
"For the price it is a good choice."
For the price it is a good choice.
6 night business trip Mar 18, 2015
"Business trip"
Booked at last minute. Hotel not in a great neighborhood however management and staff very diligent about keeping an eye on things. Liked the fact it had parking on site and was free.Most hotels charge a huge amount just to park your vehicle(over and above their already exorbitant prices. Room was in very good condition and clean/fairly new. Location was noisy both from traffic and people on the street. Definitely would recommend for a lower priced hotel in San Francisco.
3 night business trip Mar 12, 2015
Garry
"Nicer than I thought"
The room was comfortable and I got a sound night's sleep with earplugs. The neighborhood was fine, although populated with a lot of homeless. Still there were some good restaurants nearby and consider a taxi home if you stay out late.
2 night business trip Mar 4, 2015
"Not the worst night ever"
Room was nicer than I thought . Device we a nightmare breakfast was terrible and they has it locked up knee of the mornings.
2 night business trip Jan 23, 2015
"OK, for the Tenderloin District"
Decided to attend a major conference in Union Square last minute - no rooms to be had in town for under $600/night. Finally found this, otherwise it would be an airport hotel. The lodgings were ok, typical 2 or 3 star hotel lodgings, the receptionist was helpful. The hotel IS in the Tenderloin, which is sketchy - wouldn't recommend for a single female. It can vary by street: Ellis has lots of homeless, Geary is better (if you don't mind the strip clubs). But it is 15 min. walk to Union Square, and right in Little Saigon - Lers Ros Thai on Larkin is reputed to be the best Thai restaurant in S.F., and it was very good. Also 10 min. walk to the Asian Art Museum across from City Hall. I saw marathoners staying at the hotel.
1 night business trip Jan 14, 2015
"Alexis Park Hotel - clean & as advertised"
I was only in the hotel for a few hours - came in late one night and departed early the following day. The front desk staff was good, the room had a coffeemaker in it and was clean. All in all, everything was as advertised. Parking is limited (as their website indicates - it is first come first served and the spaces are quite narrow. The street noise does come through to the rooms so you may need to bring earplugs.
1 night business trip Jan 11, 2015
"Nice place yo stay"
The hotel was very centrally located in the heart of the city. We were within walking distance from many places like the wharf, Chinatown, Japantown, Little Italy, and others. This was apparently the "part" of town--we found out--but we didn't notice. It was like any other city that we've visited. The office was very friendly and helpful. The only issue we had was on our last morning we walked to breakfast--Mel's Drive-in--and when we got back at 10:30 our room key wouldn't work anymore!???? They actually deactivate the keys so that you can't get back into your room on the last day! Our stuff was still in our room. I would have given a better rating if not for this issue. I've never experienced a hotel/motel that deactivates your key card--even if you're late checking out!
2 night romance trip Dec 28, 2014
"Awful service"
Got there and there was no mention of the $200 extra security deposit until we reached the front desk so beware. The front desk workers/owners were very rude, unhelpful and seemed like WE were asking too much of them. Next time I pay that much per night in San Francisco it WILL NOT BE THE ALEXIS PARK HOTEL.
Other trip Jan 2, 2015
room 215
"the worst hotel in San Francisco"
As soon as we got to the "hotel" we knew it was a rip off. Since the first moment all we received were attitudes as we asked for any accomodation, we needed to fit someone else in the room because of last minute changes and they did not indent to help at all. The neighborhood is not as good either and some of the parking is almost in the street, our first night we had someone break into our car and when we realized next morning and asked to call the police to make a report they said that there was no point in it and didn't mind at all. The next night due to what hahad happened we requested to park the car in the front and were also given a big attitude by an employee who didn't care to fit our needs. This is the worst investment we've ever made. Due to this San Francisco was a bad experience since the moment we got there. You can get better hotels for cheaper if you look around- WE DO NOT RECOMMEND IT AT ALL!!!!
2 night family trip Dec 28, 2014
Juan
"Nice hotel, good price"
It is a small hotel but we'll located. Great price an clean rooms... don't like that u need to buy the ice...that is all.
Other trip Dec 2, 2014
Charlie
"Anniversary Getaway"
We chose this hotel based on the free limited parking and our destination for the next day. The staff was friendly, room was clean and comfortable. The neighborhood was a little scary. There were a lot of homeless people in the ally area and lots of street noise. Overall, we did enjoy our stay for the one night.
1 night romance trip Nov 22, 2014
Carolyn
"Down a notch for me."
I've stayed here often. The location is great for my purpose and having parking available is paramount. There's been a change in parking availability - a new contract with a towing company that has killed early parking possibility. You can't leave your car until you check in, and you can't check in until your room is ready.
2 night business trip Nov 21, 2014
Vaughn
"It was a good value for the money"
The room amenities are nice and it comes with free parking included. The location is poor but the food is great if you love Vietnamese and Thai food which I do. I would recommend bringing ear plugs and a fan to block out the street noise at night. It's a good value and I would stay there again but would probably not bring my children.
"Staff is extremely rude and unfriendly."
Staff is extremely rude ang unfrendly .
1 night family trip Nov 13, 2014
"Nice place."
Nice place in walking distance to many attractions. Free parking was a plus.
3 night trip with friends Oct 27, 2014
"Good enough"
We stayed one night and it was perfext for what we needed it for. It wasnt fancy but it comfortable enough and it was very affordable!
1 night romance trip Nov 4, 2014
Bradley
"Prison Hotel"
I felt like i was in Prison they Had to many Camaras,you couldnt have Visitors"Friend or Families" that Were Staying in other Hotel. you also need $200.00 Deposit just in Case you Broke Something or Do something they Didnt Like, So i didnt even want to use their towels or turn on the tv etc. I Could Wait to Leave this place.
1 night family trip Oct 31, 2014
"not bad"
The room is clean and spacious but a little bit overpriced, the neighbirhood is questionable, for one night its okay,not recommended for families with kids, for a last minute accomodation,its fine but will not book to this hotel againb
1 night family trip Oct 25, 2014
Ramon
"Decent Room"
Stayed for game 4 of the World Series. The price was probably cheaper than parking. We took a cab for $12 to AT&T each way. Parking was covered and safe for my friends' Porsche. The room was very clean, street noise was a little loud, but we slept well. No worse than other 2/3 star places I've stayed. Only 3 pillows and I could have used one more but was too tired to ask for one by the time we got back to the room. The staff was friendly enough and I would stay there again, but hopefully the price would be a bit cheaper.
1 night romance trip Oct 25, 2014
"Phish concerts"
Hotel is located 3 blocks from Civic Center which was very convenient for attending a concert. Free parking was also a plus and the rooms were clean and updated. Tenderloin neighborhood a bit rough, but overall a good experience.
2 night trip Oct 28, 2014
"Location was ok. Not great."
Stay was ok . Just a T.V. in room . And Wi Fi
2 night trip Oct 23, 2014
Mel
"Nice Hotel in Bad Part of Town"
Parking was very limited. Walking anywhere from the hotel after dark was dangerous due to the bad neighborhood.
Other trip Oct 22, 2014
"Motel, not hotel"
There are very little amenities, you need to pay for ice, your door is exposed to the outdoors (no hallways), there is no security and its in a depressed area. I needed to check out at 4:30 am to catch a flight and there was no one in the locked office, behind bullet proof glass, so I could not officially check out. There was a call button, but no one came out during the 20 minutes I waited for my shuttle to arrive.
Other trip Oct 22, 2014
"It will exceed your expectation"
I usually stay at a Marriott and due to lack of rooms booked this little motel in the Tenderloin. I was pleasently surprised by how clean this place was and how well located for downtown. For a 2 star hotel this is very good value and you have parking for your vehicle ... most other places cost a bomb to park your vehicle this close to downtown.
Other trip Oct 17, 2014
"Close to Union, but barely functional wifi"
if you need to get any work done or simply need to use your internet when you get back to your room forget it. You along with all the other guests will compete for the resources which are limited, leaving you with a frustrating experience.
Other trip Oct 3, 2014
"Beyond expectations"
I was pleasantly surprised about my room. The furniture and bed were fairly nice, with a big soft mattress. The room was very small; I didn't have a lot of room to move around, but it was adequate. That said, the room has been tastefully re-done, with good lighting and a fancy 3-headed shower (that's not all that great, and watch where the little ones are pointing!). They have a Keurig in the room, so bring your cups with! The room was a bit loud, I was on the ground level next to the street, and could hear a lot of conversation and cars. The neighborhood is not great, being on the edge of the Tenderloin. I'm no wimp when it comes to sketchy urban areas, but this one is the real deal. Plan on taking a taxi to better spots in town if you want to avoid drug dealers and their clients. On the other hand, if you're looking for a good dive bar and some very interesting people, go for a walk. Last item: I asked for a late checkout to maybe try out some nearby brunch spots, and they didn't allow it. I understand the stance, but it's not like all the rooms are going to be cleaned all at once, are they?
1 night romance trip Sep 26, 2014
Allan
"A walk on the Wild Side"
Echoing other reviews, I was pleasantly surprised by my room. Comfortable and a remarkable lack of street noise. The shower even had body sprays. This area of the city is pretty "urban" - lots of homeless people and people off their medications. I must say that I never felt threatened and safety was never an issue but if you're bothered by the street activity you might want to consider another part of town.
3 night trip Sep 19, 2014
Experienced traveler
"Horrible management DONT STAY HERE"
Arrived at the hotel at 6pm the night time front desk attendant was very friendly and helpful. My husband and I left for dinner and when we returned at 10pm there was a note left on the tv inside of the room asking us to move the car forward in our parking spot. My husband and I both felt a little uncomfortable knowing that the staff had let themselves into our room. We wished they would have just called us seeing as how they had all of our contact info but we figured no harm done. The next morning we checked out an hour early and were in our way. I looked at my bank account and saw that there were two pending charges . I called the hotel and asked the the second charge was. The manager was very rude and said it was an incidental charge. I then asked for the specific incident and he said "the maid cleaned two rooms this morning and said one of them smelled of smoke, it might have been your room so that is the incidental" I then told him that neither of us were smoking in the room at all and asked when the charge could be romeved seeing has how there was no was to prove that and he wasn't even certain the smell was in our room. He avoided giving me an answer and eventually my husband got on the phone at which point he assured the manager that no one had been smoking in the room. The manager then hung up on him.
1 night romance trip Aug 30, 2014
"too expensive"
poor continetal breakfast.....shower plumbing is poor,having to wait to check-in when rooms are available.
1 night trip Aug 26, 2014
KKKhan
"Hospitality"
Should improve hospitality
1 night trip Aug 23, 2014
"Very Nice Hotel in SF"
I stayed at the Alexis Park Hotel in the Market District of San Francisco and had a very enjoyable experience. The room was comfortable, clean, and only lacked a refrigerator (which would have been nice. They offer free parking but the spaces are limited so you have to get lucky. I was very impressed with the hotel manager who was very nice. I would stay at this hotel again.
Other trip Aug 26, 2014
Furbrain
"Not Good"
Not satishfied
2 night family trip Aug 21, 2014
Test
"Dodgy area but functional"
The area this motel is in is a bit dodgy. I wouldn't have felt safe walking back at night, as there are lots of vagrants and other questionable characters around the place. Otherwise, though, it's a pretty good location: lots of good places to eat within 5 minutes' walk, 15 minutes walk to Union Square, 25-30 minutes to Chinatown and around 45 minutes to Fisherman's Wharf. I got the feeling that this place was set up as a really nice place in the 70's and hasn't been touched since. It was in good condition but the decor was very dated. The hairdryer was pretty hilarious - I didn't even recognise it as one until the guy at the desk assured me there WAS a hairdryer in the bathroom. It looked like a miniature vacuum cleaner. The bed was large and comfortable, though very high, and the jacuzzi in the room was an unexpected bonus. We needed earplugs at night, though, as the walls are very thin. You can hear a lot of street noise (sirens, drunks, street cleaners) and I could also hear conversations and coughing in the room next door.
Other trip Aug 23, 2014
Caitlin
"Mid town stay"
Overall, room was clean when I arrived and the rooms are surprisingly nice. However, didn't get maid service 2 days, did inquire and was told by desk that room would get taken care of, it didn't. The neighborhood is very seedy, was a shooting across street during my stay. It is 2 blocks from a homeless/distressed persons community center so the area attracts a seedy populous. For the money paid, I would stay else where just based on the neighborhood. The location is kind of so, so, about 5 blocks from financial district and public transportation hubs.
4 night trip Aug 14, 2014
Ernie
"San Francisco visit"
Stayed 1 night. Looks a bit rough on the outside and located in Tenderloin district, but actually very clean and a good find. Plenty of good bars on Polk. I would stay here again.
Other trip Aug 12, 2014
Maynard
"Centrally located but scary neighborhood after drk"
PROS: The room is clean and nicer than you'd think by looking at the building's outward appearance. Because of the neighborhood it's in, the price is lower than most other places you can find in the city, and the room is undoubted more spacious than others. CONS: Paper-thin walls that allowed me to unwillingly overhear conversations the homeless were having outside, lukewarm water in the shower despite the fancy showerhead, a toilet that required me to lift the top to the tank and manually pull on the chain to flush every time (probably installation error), and a sink that has a mystery leak which caused an invisible wet spot that was undetectable until you stepped on it. There was also no "Do Not Disturb" sign available so you're pretty much forced to have your room cleaned every day (I typically only get my hotel rooms cleaned every 3-4 days because I don't make a mess, I don't need new towels every day and would prefer to save on resources, and I don't love people coming in and out of my room every day).
3 night business trip Aug 3, 2014
"Expensive for a basic room, but that's everywhere"
A note was left on the TV to remove luggage from car....very sketchy neighboorhood, so i'm assuming they thought our car was going to get broken into. Limited parking, but if you get there before dinner time you should find a spot. We had a room with the window facing out onto the street where you could hear all the traffic and people going up and down the stairs and talking at all hours. downstairs called at 1030 asking if we were checking out, I said yes in a bit. he reminded us it was at 11. Then room service barged in our room at 1045 trying to clean the room. Expensive for a basic room if you ask me, but that's the going rate for San Fran. Cigarette burns in the sheets, but the room was clean overall.
1 night trip with friends Aug 2, 2014
Mel
"great for the price"
I couldn't believe the price for the location, off street parking too. Will definitely be back.
1 night business trip Aug 3, 2014
BP
"Surprised"
I was pleasantly surprised by the quality for the price. Staff was nice, breakfast was decent, and the room was quite nice for how tight our budget was. I'd definitely stay again!
1 night business trip Apr 16, 2014
HS
"Good choice for a unexpensive stay in SF downtown"
I like the place, it is very close to downtown San Francisco. Walking distance to Japan town, China town and shopping areas.
Other trip Jul 29, 2014