All hotels in Groton, Connecticut, United States of America
425 Bridge St, Groton, CT, 06340, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

2.9
"Poor customer service"
Horrible customer service. The power went out in our room and we were told it was out of their control. Even though we didn't spend the night there, we were still charged for the room.
1 night trip with friends Jun 27, 2015
"Close to casinos,sub base and ferry's"
Room was clean and comfortable for a casino overnighter.
1 night romance trip Feb 28, 2015
"Filthy, smoke-smelling rooms. Dirty carpet ."
Our room was filthy . It hadn't been cleaned prior to our arrival. There was human hair on the sink and toilet paper fixture. Carpets were filthy and worn, drapes were falling off windows. On our arrival we were immediately assaulted with cigarette smoke which had permeated our clothing, the sheets and all linen in bedroom and bath. We arrived tired and road weary and thought the smell would go away. My husband is handi-capped and the pavement in front of the room was wet .
1 night family trip Jun 19, 2015
Virginia m.
"Ok but nothing exciting"
Hotel was a bit run down. The room had a smell from new carpet. There was no alarm clock or TV channel listing. Most of the employees were pleasant. For the price we paid was acceptable for sleep and a hot shower.
2 night romance trip Jun 18, 2015
Michele
"Great location, great price, but ...."
Great location, great price. The room was large; we got one with 2 queen size beds for 2 adults/2 kids. It was a non-smoking room but it had a strong smell of smoke, perhaps from the previous occupants. So, we got a can of Febreze and sprayed the carpet and curtains and it helped a lot. The carpet was damp with a musty smell, but the Febreze took car of that as well. It was late when we checked in and we were too tired to ask to be given another room. No coffee, no breakfast, weak internet connection - really a no frills motel.
1 night family trip Jun 12, 2015
"worst hotel ever"
even though it was non-smoking room,it still smelled of smoke.
1 night family trip Jun 6, 2015
"gm"
it was terrible
1 night family trip May 22, 2015
"Not what I expected."
The hotel is ok if you are spending the night to keep traveling the next day. The hotel has a smell when you going into the room and it did go away once we turn on the ac. But the smell keep coming back. The towel were stain and the cleaning , the have to do a better job. there was trash behind the bathroom door and the walls had food stain also the tub could be clean better. The hotel looks like the picture. Not what I expected in the other stuff. The pillows were hard and the bed wasn't that comfortable. It said housekeeping daily not true. The chair were stain and the dresser had holes in the wood. The carpet it looks like it needs a deep clean. The money I spend was not happy abou it. And never the less to use free night.
2 night romance trip May 22, 2015
Sarai
"won't go back"
too much money there wasn't a refrig or microwave or bath towels
1 night romance trip May 16, 2015
robert
"Quiet, comfortable hotel"
This hotel is located just off the main highway. It's set back far enough so that we didn't hear traffic but close enough to make traveling easy. The room was spacious and clean. Also, it was quiet and easy parking. The bed is comfortable, a plus for older travelers.
2 night romance trip May 10, 2015
Andrea
"pleasantly surprised"
pleasantly surprised...many new features in the room.....nice accomodating staff...however room could use a coffee maker and the cleaning staff never left additional soap throughout our 4 day stay....everything else was a good value for the money spent
2 night family trip Apr 15, 2015
richard
"casino trip"
Good for price
1 night romance trip Apr 18, 2015
joseph
"dirty"
when we went into the room it had a musty smell later we noticed a badly stained rug dirt around the baseboards cigerette butts behind nite stand stained sheets in one of the beds bathtub had black mole around the top of bath tub it was overall discusting ive stayed at clarion hotels and because of that stay i thought all choice hotels would be great i was wrong never stay again at a roadway hotel
kathleen
"work in progress"
It looks like they did a good deal of updates new sinks lights and paint. I Really do not like the motel atmosphere. I guess all in all for the price is was didn't happen while we were there. The staff was very pleasant. There was one room with all sorts of air conditioners and what ever else in it. I think they could keep the curtain shut, because it looked trashy.
"What a steal!"
What a great deal. Far and away the cheapest choice and nothing wrong with it. It wasn't fancy but didn't lack anything. It came with fridge and microwave as well. I've paid a lot more for a lot less. I'd be happy to spend my stay next year there again.
2 night business trip Mar 13, 2015
Debra
"Nice simple place to crash"
We booked this hotel because it was about 10 miles from Mohegan Sun and 1/14th of the cost of staying right at the casino. They place is very standard. Flat screen TVs are nice. Your basic bed and linens. Microwave and refrigerator was a nice surprise. Everything was clean and the hotel staff was very friendly when checking in and the one time I called to ask if it was possible to get extra pillows because the ones on the bed were a bit flat. Nothing really bad to say about it. I'd stay here again in a pinch :)
Other trip Mar 16, 2015
Deanna
"Terrible motel"
This motel was disgusting. It was dirty, appliances did not work, and the overall comfort was horrible.
Other trip Mar 3, 2015
Angela
"Can't beat it for the price"
Went to Mohegan for a night, stayed here because I didn't want to spend much money on just a place to sleep. Room was so much nicer Than I could have imagined for only $50. About 20 min from both Mohegan and Foxwoods.
Other trip Feb 23, 2015
TLC
"Overall fine night"
Only complaint we had was with booking. We booked a "non-smoking King bed" online and upon arrival were informed our room had been double booked; we were then offered "2 queen non-smoking" or "king smoking" with no kind of refund/credit/compensation for the change.
1 night romance trip Jan 17, 2015
"Pleasantly Happy"
I am surprised at the negative reviews I read posted. I was about 3 hours late with checking in. I called in and it was no problem. The staff was very nice once I arrived. I checked in and my room was nice, clean and comfortable for the price. I travel a lot and have paid a lot more for less. I was happy with the room I had. Even better I got to enjoy my Nephew who is now stationed in Groton CT.
Other trip Dec 3, 2014
Reena
"Nice Hotel Close to casinos"
Good experience . Clean and safe and close to both Mohegan Sun and Foxwoods . Excellent if your just looking for a safe place to spend a night while in the area.
Other trip Nov 24, 2014
"Close to mohegan sun"
Non smoking room smelled like smoke..loud outside and screaming in apartment next to us...toilit seat broken..noisy refrigerator!!...you get what you pay for.
"Best deal in state for the price"
My girlfriend and I often do in-state over nighters in inexpensive motels and this by far is the cleanest, most comfortable room we've stayed in in this price range. Friendly staff, clean, spacious room with clean bathroom and great shower water pressure. Only about 17 minutes from the casino and easy on/off access to the highway. We will definitely stay here again next time we go to the casino. Excellent value here.
"perfect for a weekend getaway"
Room was huge and very clean. Staff were super friendly. Very easy access to restaurants and stores. Will definitely stay here again!
1 night romance trip Nov 15, 2014
"GREAT STAY"
I HAD A GREAT STAY HERE FRONT DESK WAS HELPFUL AND HOTEL ROOM FOR THE PRICE WAS GREAT I HAVE NO COMPLAINTS AT ALL I WILL PROBABLY BE STAYING AGAIN.
1 night romance trip Nov 8, 2014
"Do not stay here"
Gross all around,
1 night trip Oct 17, 2014
Anthony
"Little more details"
Missing clothing iron and fridge in my room makes ticking noise. Overall was ok.
1 night romance trip Oct 10, 2014
kai
"solo weekend trip"
Solo trip to the casino so the hotel comfort was not critical. Basic needs: a clean bed and a clean shower. Terence at the front was great during check-in. The room was large, clean and the bathroom was definitely remodeled and clean. New large flatscreen TV in the room, small fridge and microwave oven in the room, complementary wifi and coffee and juice available in the lobby in the morning. As they are still going through remodeling, the carpet of the room was still exuding cigarette smell, not the most pleasant but not incommoding. I will definitely consider going there again.
2 night trip Oct 3, 2014
Stephane
"Very Large Room"
Hotel was very nice..The room was very large and the 42" flatscreen TV was great that they had and it included every channel. It's the only hotel I've been to lately that had a large TVs like that
Other trip Oct 4, 2014
Grant
"It was a nice hotel. It was clean and quiet."
The person who checked us in was friendly. The only thing is, I have trouble going up and down stairs and that was the only room that was available. Other than that it was comfortable. Next time I'll ask for a downstairs room.
Other trip Sep 30, 2014
Cheryl
"Close to Ocean, Ferries, and expressway"
Very friendly staff and helpful. Very willing to ship items left in room. I would stay here again if in the area.
2 night trip with friends Aug 20, 2014
Vicky
"Great for quick weekend trip"
Hotel was small and seems under new ownership. There is some work going on in some of the rooms and they are putting a new roof on part of the hotel. It was close (<30 min) to everywhere we wanted to be. Cheap rate so we could spend our money on other things. We were there two nights and my only complaint was that our room was not cleaned in between... Did not matter though, just walked to office to get more towels etc. would highly recommend for quick cheap trip. Only slept in the room so it was perfect!
2 night family trip Aug 14, 2014
"New owners making changes"
Check in was quick. The clerk told me the hotel had new owners who were making improvements as quickly as possible. The rooms were large and clean., Refrigerators are in each room. There is no breakfast. A few restaurants are close by, Good access to I-95.
2 night business trip Aug 8, 2014
SR
"A one time only stay"
Found an ear ring, 2 bobby pins, a cherry stone & a penny on the floor. Hit my leg on the bracket holding the box spring because it was not set in properly. There was no top sheet on the bed, only a fitted sheet & a blanket, with a top bed cover, NOT hygienic in my opinion,do they wash the blanket in between guests? I think not, how many people slept under that blanket before me? There was a crack in the screen of the TV. There was no coffeemaker in the room, there were no paintings on the wall to brighten up the room. There was no breakfast supplied & the coffee ran out before my second cup. It was definitely not worth the money I paid for the room & not as good as the Econo Lodge I paid a third for in Fayetteville 2 nights before.
Other trip Aug 11, 2014
Eileen
"Great Staff"
The hotel was very clean and the staff was wonderful.
Other trip Aug 11, 2014
sue
"I'm glad our stay was short."
The entrance to the motel off the road was difficult to find. Who knew that it shared an entrance with moving and storage? Check-in after 11:00 PM was easy. The switch by the door did not seem to turn on any lights We were immediately overwhelmed by the smell of stale smoke. The place was more Spartan than any hotel/motel that I have stayed in since I was a kid traveling in South America. It even lacked a waste basket. The walls were the most empty of any hotel room I have ever been. It just had a wall mounted television. There were no frames of mass-produced art - just blank walls. The bed sagged to one side. It was springy. Any motion by one person rocked the other person. We looked up at the ceiling with the water stain along one seam and tried to sleep. The thin walls allowed the music and discussion of other guests to create a background sound in the morning. We never turned on the televsion. We just wanted to get out after we showered.
Other trip Jul 28, 2014
Dennis
"Very disgusting"
The room I stayed in was just disgusting, staines everywhere blankets chairs floor spit on the window. It was just gross. When I confronted the front desk about it they checked out the room and agreed it was gross they gave me a refund on one of my rooms and explained to me the just took over the hotel and are trying to improve it. He said he was going to be talking to house keeping. If your looking for a nice place to stay this is not the place at least right now.
1 night trip Jul 24, 2014
Alex
"Only stay here if you're desperate."
We booked this hotel since it had decent reviews and we were only going to be there for 2 nights. Those nights were the worst 2 nights that I've ever had at a hotel. Reason 1: people live there! These people were very rude and drunk by lunch time. At night they had fist fights outside and inside of their room. We had children with us and they kept asking what all of the noise was. The language that these people used with my kids right there was terrible. I had to call the front desk at 1:15am to complain about the fighting because it sounded like they were going to come through the wall! Reason 2: the cleaning staff was awful. After the first night we left for a little while. When we came back, not only was there extra trash (the cleaning lady left her Burger King trash in my room) but there weren't any trash bags in the trash cans. They also didn't leave us any clean towels. We had to go to the office to get bags and towels. Reason 3: we got a non smoking room since none of us smoke. When we walked into the room it smelled like a smokers room. We wondered why till we saw the beds. Apparently they wash the bedding from all rooms together because we found cigarette burn holes in our bedding. The staff in the office was very friendly and took care of anything that we needed. I guess if you are traveling without kids and you need a place to stay for a single night then you could stay here, but I don't recommend it! Our experience was absolutely awful. Never again!
Other trip Jul 21, 2014
Pam
"HORRIBLE!"
JUST A TERRIBLE EXPERIENCE.PLEASE SAVE YOUR MONEY.WE WERE HOPING TO GIVE OUR KIDS AN UNFORGETABLE EXPERIENCE AND INSTEAD WE FOUND A SMELLY,RUNDOWN MOTEL WITH FILTHY MICROWAVE,HOLES IN BLANKENTS, RUST STAINS IN THE BATHROOM,STRONG SMELL OF PAINT AND STAINS ON FURNITURE.IT WAS SO BAD WE COULDN'T STAY OVERNIGHT.AND THE WORST PART WAS WHEN WE ASK TO SPEAK WITH THE MANAGER , WE WERE TOLD THAT HE WAS ON VACATION AND WE WERE POINTED TO A VERY SMALL SIGN THAT READ "NO REFUNDS".SAVE YOUR MONEY AND GO STAY SOMEWHERE ELSE!
2 night trip Jul 4, 2014
"mike stay"
OK the room was a little dirty and well used but overall I would stay again
1 night trip Jul 5, 2014
air conditioning in room did not work but we did not realize it til got back to room very late so too late to do anything, had to sleep with window open
"Cheap"
This facility was very affordable. The room felt very dingy, carpet floor very dusty, towels were off white with visible stains. If you are broke and only need of a place to sleep for one night, only then I would recommend this place.
1 night trip Jul 3, 2014
"Great rooms and service"
Hotel.coms was also very helpful. I inadvertently reserved the room for the wrong night. The representatives were very helpful to correct the problem and get me the room I needed. Love Hotels.com
2 night business trip Jun 4, 2014
Tyler
"The room was excellent, a happy surprise"
The room was one of the nicest rooms I've stayed in late. Thoroughly enjoyed it. Will definitely stay at Roadway Inn again. Also Hotels.com helped me with a problem when I booked the room for the wrong night. It only took moments for them to correct my mistake. The phone representative was very accommodative and helpful. Thank you Hotels.com. Tyler
1 night trip Jun 3, 2014
Tyler Burhans
"get what you pay for"
I know that an inexpensive room will not be great but the reviews were pretty good, so I gave it a shot. Our first "non-smoking room" reeked of smoke and had numerous cigarette burns on the table. Our second room had dirty sheets. Our final room was better....clean...but old....our neighbors (sounded like 20-30 people) however partied all night. Every time I looked out the window there was a cop car in the parking lot....hmmmm....must mean something
Other trip Jun 2, 2014
"Affordable Lodgings"
The room was large and clean, and very reasonable for the rate we paid. The bathroom was awesome! Although the first room we tried was very smoky. We were immediately invited to select another room. The staff was friendly, helpful, and appeared to want to really make our stay comfortable. We got to meet and talk with the owner and his wife, both of which were very personable. We hope all goes well with the rest of the renovations.
1 night business trip May 22, 2014
"Awesome"
It was a good location great service and extremely pleasant
2 night business trip May 22, 2014
"OK for a one night stay"
Room was clean but it smelled of smoke.
1 night trip Mar 15, 2014
The room smelled of smoke the staff was nice and let me in before the check in time, the sheets were rough.
2 night trip Feb 1, 2014
"Not the Ritz"
As a convenient place within driving distance of Mohegan Sun, it was reasonable and served its purpose. Microwave and fridge worked well. Free wifi requires you to call the desk to get the password. Room didn't have shampoo, or an iron/ironing board. Sheets and towels were very clean. Even though they still advertise free breakfast, they no longer serve it. Manager said it was too expensive.
2 night family trip Oct 18, 2013