All hotels in Groton, Connecticut, United States of America
425 Bridge St, Groton, CT, 06340, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

2.9
"OK for a one night stay"
Room was clean but it smelled of smoke.
1 night trip Mar 15, 2014
The room smelled of smoke the staff was nice and let me in before the check in time, the sheets were rough.
2 night trip Feb 1, 2014
"Not the Ritz"
As a convenient place within driving distance of Mohegan Sun, it was reasonable and served its purpose. Microwave and fridge worked well. Free wifi requires you to call the desk to get the password. Room didn't have shampoo, or an iron/ironing board. Sheets and towels were very clean. Even though they still advertise free breakfast, they no longer serve it. Manager said it was too expensive.
2 night family trip Oct 18, 2013
Cheryl
When we arrived we found that the room that we were told we had was not available as they were "remodeling". When were offered a different room, we took it but when we checked it and found no bathtub as we were told it would have. We asked for a room with a tub as my wife likes to take a bath, we were informed that they could give us a room with a tub, but she would not be able to take a bath as the stoppers didn't work and they had no provisions to solve this problem. We were very dissatisfied with this hotel and plan to never stay there again
1 night trip Sep 13, 2013
"Great value"
Clean spacious rooms, 2 queen beds, even a mini fridge & microwave... couldn't ask for more at this price. Bring your own shampoo tho, there's none of that.
1 night trip with friends Aug 23, 2013
Dutch
"Good for a quick clean stay"
The hotel was dated, but clean and safe. Comfy bed.
2 night romance trip Aug 23, 2013
Mandi
It wasn't the ritz, but it was clean and the bed was comfortable. We stayed in room 116 so I'd warn people to be careful. The refrigerator froze our food. Other than that, I'd return.
2 night trip Aug 2, 2013
To known it may concern, My front door was already damaged and did not lock,the refrigerator was not working.
1 night trip Aug 2, 2013
"short drive to beach and room was very clean!!"
always looking for a reasonable rate and clean well I found here at the knights inn!!
Other trip Aug 5, 2013
sandra
"wedding trip"
Hotel was near an AMTRAK railroad...Didn't see very many people staying there...Shower was VERY small;difficult to move around..A/C.kept us cool but was very antiquated...open area in the back of the room by the A/C did not seem to have any purpose; just an open area to drop your bags...front desk manager was very polite and helpful
4 night trip Jul 18, 2013
"Felt creepy"
I was going to a concert at Mohegan Sun and saw that this was the cheapest, then realized it was 20 minutes away, although it was convenient off the highway coming from RI. The place is kinda hidden and reminds me of the hotels you see in CSI or L&O where they conduct their searches. The stairs were creaky heading to the second floor, there was no food in the lobby when I arrived in the afternoon or when I was leaving in the morning. The floors in the room were creaky, the AC didn't get too cold, there were no pillowcases and I think my pillow was dirty, the TV didn't have a sleep timer. Needless to say I had a restless night and was glad to leave in the AM, maybe should have checked out the Quality Inn across the st. Neighborhood had a Uhaul Storage center, 99 restaurant and an Italian restaurant nearby.
1 night trip Jul 19, 2013
"A bit disgusted"
the Hotel was ok. the service was ok. But the room was not so great, bathroom had white towels with yellow stains and the tub curtin was nasty had moled on it had to ask to get it changed and the towels also had to ask to change them.
2 night family trip Jul 13, 2013
"Scary and unpleasant"
The tv screen was green. The beds had gross stains. The entire place, outside and inside smelled of cigarettes. And the rooms looked like a scene from a horror movie. AC barely worked. The curtains were broken.
1 night trip Jul 5, 2013
"Bargain price, but it comes at a cost."
This was the cheapest place in the Groton area, which is why I got it. The day that I checked in, I was given a room that wasn't close enough to a router, so I had to get switched to one that actually got wifi. The rooms themselves aren't half bad. Each has a small fridge and a microwave. The choices when it comes to TV channels is somewhat limited. I stayed the for a week from Sunday through the following Sunday. On Wednesday night, the air conditioning unit went out. I told the manager about it on Thursday morning. He said he was going to get a repair man out to have a look at it. Later that afternoon, he came over and said the repairman wasn't coming out and offered to clean the filter. This didn't help it so Friday I brought it up again. He told me that the repairman wasn't going to make it out that weekend and to change my room, but couldn't be sure I'd have one with wifi.
7 night trip Jun 23, 2013
"dirt hole"
Dirty, smelly Dirty dirty oh also dirty
1 night trip Jun 22, 2013
Moxie
"Never again"
I would never stay here again. Enough said.
2 night trip May 24, 2013
"Daughters Birthday"
Great little place very clean and friendly
1 night family trip May 11, 2013
not enough heat in the room.
2 night trip Mar 22, 2013
"Nice place to stay"
Hotel was clean and comfortable and staff are very friendly!!!! Very affordable!!
Other trip Feb 23, 2013
"Forget wi-fi"
The hotel advertised free wi-fi and that's a must have for me to stay in touch with work. However, the signal on the wi-fi was so faint the connection kept failing. I called the front desk to complain and the owner kept making excuses but did nothing to fix the problem.
1 night trip Feb 2, 2013
"Unhappy"
Hotel was dirty sheets stained tv was orange could barley see picture room smelled of strong bleach. Was told had wifi but thier was none when I called they said too bad were sorry been having a problem for a month and were rude about it. Only two pillows and asked for more they never came would not recommend
1 night romance trip Dec 31, 2012
Knights inn
"close to sub-base"
Fair. Pillows were very flat and small. Had burn holes in sheets. Room had odd odor...later discovered someone's left-over food in room frig.
1 night family trip Nov 2, 2012
good
4 night trip Oct 5, 2012
"Good for the Price"
Satisfied! Good price, convenient location, quiet.
2 night trip Oct 5, 2012
Jim C
It was nice. I have no complaints. Clean atmosphere, television with cable everything was good. Thank you.
Other trip Aug 22, 2012
"Few day stay"
Overall nice stay, you do get what you pay for and I do not recommend for more than 2/3 nights because the bed is kind of uncomfortable and make sure the maid left towels before you get in the shower. Close to RI or CT beaches (30 mintues).
3 night romance trip Aug 2, 2012

"Perfect for what we needed!"
Comfortable, convenient!
1 night business trip Sep 6, 2014
"Eight night stay"
This hotel is great. Under renovations so some parts are dusty etc... We were close to the casinos which are about a 15-20 min car ride. Would stay again. The hotel owners are very accommodating and let me do an early check out when I changed my plans.
11 night trip Jul 16, 2014
Sherry

"PESSIMO"
Appena arrivati l'impatto non è stato dei migliori, sembra all'esterno una catapecchia cadente, ma spesso l'apparenza inganna.....infatti ci aspetta di molto peggio !!!! Abbiamo chiesto una camera per non fumatori, e ci troviamo un odore nauseante di fumo, le lenzuola bruciate dalle sigarette e sporche di capelli !!!! La moquette piena di polvere, insomma un incubo. Come se non bastasse il livello della clientela molto basso, si sentono rumori e schiamazzi a tutte le ore. PESSIMO MOTEL
1 night romance trip Jun 3, 2015
Francesco
IT
"very nice and newly renovated motel"
We stayed in the motel for one night. The staff members were very nice and helpful. If you need anything, just ask them. Our room was large and clean, bed was comfortable too. The location is quite good. 10mins to mystic and 2min to the interstate. We would stay there again.
1 night trip Jul 29, 2014
tobias
DE
"redelijke prijs prestatie verhouding"
Het hotel geeft een redelijke prijs prestatie verhouding. De inrichting van de kamer is vrij spartaans maar daar staat tegenover dat de kamer zeer ruim is en schoon. Als je in Groton moet zijn geeft de hotel waar voor zijn geld hoewel ik wel hotels in de VS in deze prijsklasse ben tegengekomen waar de prijs prestatie verhouding beter was
Other trip Jul 2, 2013
1 night romance trip Dec 20, 2014
Marcio
BR

TripAdvisor reviews for Rodeway Inn

"accessible to all major casinos and outlets"
07/22/15 tamika h
room was clean and the price fit the room. the hotel was central to all of the casinos and shops. the main strip that kept you off the highway was just a block away. You can find a walgreens; kfc, mcdonalds, family dollar and plenty of gas stations
"ED SHEERAN stayed here!!!"
07/14/15 Carmen K Bayside, New York
I LOVE THIS PLACE!!! Before I talk about Ed Sheeran, let me talk about the hotel. I am typically a budget traveller so I chose this place because it had one of the better rates in the area with better reviews than most. I am so glad I chose this place. Let me start with the staff. The staff was really friendly. They got me into a room quickly. The room was very spacious and clean. They had a large tv hung on the wall. There were nothing special things but had everything I needed. Most important to us was it was clean and the staff did mention they have been doing upgrades consistently for the last year. There was no breakfast but I never eat it anyways. The best part of my trip was when I thought I saw Ed Sheeran at this motel. I didn't believe my eyes. It was only for a second. I saw him walking out of his room to a car with about 3 other people. I thought to myself it can't be him. But the next day, I saw on his Instagram he really stayed at the motel and he was getting ready to hang out with Taylor swift! Im posting a pic of him!! I loved my visit here!!
"The exterior belies the rooms which are great"
07/13/15 shortrock692 Toronto
Rooms have been renovated. New paint, furniture, TV. This is a two star ** hotel, one with few amenities (e.g. no breakfast), but the value for what it is makes it a five star ***** Highly recommended.
"Clean low budget motel"
06/20/15 jacinct Groton, Connecticut
I was very nervous after reading the negative reviews. I lived in the Groton CT area for most my life. I found the negative reviews hard to believe. The outside definitely needs some tlc. We had a room with a king bed. I was informed it was one of the rooms recently remodeled. Clerk said all the king rooms have been remodeled. Room is big. It has new dressers, new desk, wall mounted flat screen tv, remodeled bathroom. Everything was very clean. Only issue was the comforter was wet from an air freshener "bomb" they use to remove cigarette smoke caused by smokers who smoke in a non smoking room. "Bomb" definitely worked. No smell of smoke. But it left the comforter wet. I called the front desk. She came and changed it right away. Would stay again.
"Great value for less money!"
06/15/15 USMC1X Salem, Massachusetts
If you are looking for a budget hotel that is clean and close to the casinos this place is your spot. I read some of the reviews prior to staying, not sure what anyone had to complain about. My room was recently renovated, clean and spacious. The outside area may not look the best but don't judge a book by it's cover. I will be staying here anytime I visit Foxwoods.
"Crack hotel"
06/10/15 Steven A Hamburg, New York, United States
Listen.this is a drug hotel. Hookers and blow and who knows what eles. That's why it's cheap. Staff is rude always seems to be a cop out front at night. On a good note the rooms are satisfactory. If anyone gives this place a 4 star review they either work here or found drugs here
"Pay the extra money and stay somewhere else!!!!!!!!"
06/03/15 sexysag1969 New York City, New York
Stayed here one night passing thru and regretted it. First the area looks very shady. Checked into room 236 in the back 2nd Fl. The room smelled like cigarettes, there were two queen beds a small table with two chairs which were Horrible and Stained. The chairs looked like they were found on the street and brought here. There was no way I was sitting anything in them. The bathroom looked like it was recently done over and was decent. Couldn't figure out what was on the blow dryer between dried blood or just stains, so definitely wasn't touching that. It's safe to say I slept pretty much dressed since I didn't know what could come off those sheets. The tv was the best thing about the room. A couple of loose hanging wall sockets. We ran out of there the next morning and never looked back. This was worse than the short stays we went to back in the days. Once again everything cheap ain't good! RUN AWAY, YOUVE BEEN WARNED!!!!!!!!M!
"stay away"
05/17/15 lucky1999 Rhode Island
I was looking for an inexpensive place to pretty much just sleep for two nights being my son was in a baseball tournament. Asked for a non smoking room well there is no point in asking for that being the room reaked of years of smoking. I asked to change rooms and was told they were sold out and could move us the next day. Once we flushed the toilet and it would not flush but the maintenance man was not picking up his phone they told me they had a jacuzzi room available but it is a smoking room. Couldnt take that room because of a rowdy group next door and I didnt want to risk m my son not being able to sleep. My husband fixed the chain in the toilet and they took 1/2 off the room that night. There are burn holes all over the comforters and the room was not cleaned before we got there being there was a pizza box with left over pizza in one of the dresser draws. When I checked out I was told that it would not allow the check out because I owed the 1/2 of the price of the room that they credited me the first night. Finally got out of there. Didnt want anything fancy but was expectiving a clean room that did not give me a sore throat and chest congestion from the smoke. Stay as far away as possilbe.
"Good for Price"
05/09/15 Spider666 Great Yarmouth, United Kingdom
Stayed here after finding a voucher in a local magazine. Had been to Mystic Seaport earlier in day. Staff behind desk seamed more interest in there phone than us really but room were great and couldn't really ask for more for $40 a night. Would choose here again.
"Good stay"
05/03/15 AnneP726
Large clean room, friendly staff, comfortable stay. Not too far from Mohegan Sun casino. Its a bit older, but nice enough. Most likely we will stay there again next trip, the price is right. We had an issue with that needed maintenance, he came within 15 minutes, no complaints.