All hotels in Groton, Connecticut, United States of America
425 Bridge St, Groton, CT, 06340, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

2.9
"Affordable Lodgings"
The room was large and clean, and very reasonable for the rate we paid. The bathroom was awesome! Although the first room we tried was very smoky. We were immediately invited to select another room. The staff was friendly, helpful, and appeared to want to really make our stay comfortable. We got to meet and talk with the owner and his wife, both of which were very personable. We hope all goes well with the rest of the renovations.
1 night business trip May 22, 2014
"Awesome"
It was a good location great service and extremely pleasant
2 night business trip May 22, 2014
"OK for a one night stay"
Room was clean but it smelled of smoke.
1 night trip Mar 15, 2014
The room smelled of smoke the staff was nice and let me in before the check in time, the sheets were rough.
2 night trip Feb 1, 2014
"Not the Ritz"
As a convenient place within driving distance of Mohegan Sun, it was reasonable and served its purpose. Microwave and fridge worked well. Free wifi requires you to call the desk to get the password. Room didn't have shampoo, or an iron/ironing board. Sheets and towels were very clean. Even though they still advertise free breakfast, they no longer serve it. Manager said it was too expensive.
2 night family trip Oct 18, 2013
Cheryl
When we arrived we found that the room that we were told we had was not available as they were "remodeling". When were offered a different room, we took it but when we checked it and found no bathtub as we were told it would have. We asked for a room with a tub as my wife likes to take a bath, we were informed that they could give us a room with a tub, but she would not be able to take a bath as the stoppers didn't work and they had no provisions to solve this problem. We were very dissatisfied with this hotel and plan to never stay there again
1 night trip Sep 13, 2013
"Great value"
Clean spacious rooms, 2 queen beds, even a mini fridge & microwave... couldn't ask for more at this price. Bring your own shampoo tho, there's none of that.
1 night trip with friends Aug 23, 2013
Dutch
"Good for a quick clean stay"
The hotel was dated, but clean and safe. Comfy bed.
2 night romance trip Aug 23, 2013
Mandi
It wasn't the ritz, but it was clean and the bed was comfortable. We stayed in room 116 so I'd warn people to be careful. The refrigerator froze our food. Other than that, I'd return.
2 night trip Aug 2, 2013
To known it may concern, My front door was already damaged and did not lock,the refrigerator was not working.
1 night trip Aug 2, 2013
"short drive to beach and room was very clean!!"
always looking for a reasonable rate and clean well I found here at the knights inn!!
Other trip Aug 5, 2013
sandra
"wedding trip"
Hotel was near an AMTRAK railroad...Didn't see very many people staying there...Shower was VERY small;difficult to move around..A/C.kept us cool but was very antiquated...open area in the back of the room by the A/C did not seem to have any purpose; just an open area to drop your bags...front desk manager was very polite and helpful
4 night trip Jul 18, 2013
"Felt creepy"
I was going to a concert at Mohegan Sun and saw that this was the cheapest, then realized it was 20 minutes away, although it was convenient off the highway coming from RI. The place is kinda hidden and reminds me of the hotels you see in CSI or L&O where they conduct their searches. The stairs were creaky heading to the second floor, there was no food in the lobby when I arrived in the afternoon or when I was leaving in the morning. The floors in the room were creaky, the AC didn't get too cold, there were no pillowcases and I think my pillow was dirty, the TV didn't have a sleep timer. Needless to say I had a restless night and was glad to leave in the AM, maybe should have checked out the Quality Inn across the st. Neighborhood had a Uhaul Storage center, 99 restaurant and an Italian restaurant nearby.
1 night trip Jul 19, 2013
"A bit disgusted"
the Hotel was ok. the service was ok. But the room was not so great, bathroom had white towels with yellow stains and the tub curtin was nasty had moled on it had to ask to get it changed and the towels also had to ask to change them.
2 night family trip Jul 13, 2013
"Scary and unpleasant"
The tv screen was green. The beds had gross stains. The entire place, outside and inside smelled of cigarettes. And the rooms looked like a scene from a horror movie. AC barely worked. The curtains were broken.
1 night trip Jul 5, 2013
"Bargain price, but it comes at a cost."
This was the cheapest place in the Groton area, which is why I got it. The day that I checked in, I was given a room that wasn't close enough to a router, so I had to get switched to one that actually got wifi. The rooms themselves aren't half bad. Each has a small fridge and a microwave. The choices when it comes to TV channels is somewhat limited. I stayed the for a week from Sunday through the following Sunday. On Wednesday night, the air conditioning unit went out. I told the manager about it on Thursday morning. He said he was going to get a repair man out to have a look at it. Later that afternoon, he came over and said the repairman wasn't coming out and offered to clean the filter. This didn't help it so Friday I brought it up again. He told me that the repairman wasn't going to make it out that weekend and to change my room, but couldn't be sure I'd have one with wifi.
7 night trip Jun 23, 2013
"dirt hole"
Dirty, smelly Dirty dirty oh also dirty
1 night trip Jun 22, 2013
Moxie
"Never again"
I would never stay here again. Enough said.
2 night trip May 24, 2013
"Daughters Birthday"
Great little place very clean and friendly
1 night family trip May 11, 2013
not enough heat in the room.
2 night trip Mar 22, 2013
"Nice place to stay"
Hotel was clean and comfortable and staff are very friendly!!!! Very affordable!!
Other trip Feb 23, 2013
"Forget wi-fi"
The hotel advertised free wi-fi and that's a must have for me to stay in touch with work. However, the signal on the wi-fi was so faint the connection kept failing. I called the front desk to complain and the owner kept making excuses but did nothing to fix the problem.
1 night trip Feb 2, 2013
"Unhappy"
Hotel was dirty sheets stained tv was orange could barley see picture room smelled of strong bleach. Was told had wifi but thier was none when I called they said too bad were sorry been having a problem for a month and were rude about it. Only two pillows and asked for more they never came would not recommend
1 night romance trip Dec 31, 2012
Knights inn
"close to sub-base"
Fair. Pillows were very flat and small. Had burn holes in sheets. Room had odd odor...later discovered someone's left-over food in room frig.
1 night family trip Nov 2, 2012
good
4 night trip Oct 5, 2012
"Good for the Price"
Satisfied! Good price, convenient location, quiet.
2 night trip Oct 5, 2012
Jim C

"Perfect for what we needed!"
Comfortable, convenient!
1 night business trip Sep 6, 2014
"Eight night stay"
This hotel is great. Under renovations so some parts are dusty etc... We were close to the casinos which are about a 15-20 min car ride. Would stay again. The hotel owners are very accommodating and let me do an early check out when I changed my plans.
11 night trip Jul 16, 2014
Sherry

"PESSIMO"
Appena arrivati l'impatto non è stato dei migliori, sembra all'esterno una catapecchia cadente, ma spesso l'apparenza inganna.....infatti ci aspetta di molto peggio !!!! Abbiamo chiesto una camera per non fumatori, e ci troviamo un odore nauseante di fumo, le lenzuola bruciate dalle sigarette e sporche di capelli !!!! La moquette piena di polvere, insomma un incubo. Come se non bastasse il livello della clientela molto basso, si sentono rumori e schiamazzi a tutte le ore. PESSIMO MOTEL
1 night romance trip Jun 3, 2015
Francesco
IT
"very nice and newly renovated motel"
We stayed in the motel for one night. The staff members were very nice and helpful. If you need anything, just ask them. Our room was large and clean, bed was comfortable too. The location is quite good. 10mins to mystic and 2min to the interstate. We would stay there again.
1 night trip Jul 29, 2014
tobias
DE
"redelijke prijs prestatie verhouding"
Het hotel geeft een redelijke prijs prestatie verhouding. De inrichting van de kamer is vrij spartaans maar daar staat tegenover dat de kamer zeer ruim is en schoon. Als je in Groton moet zijn geeft de hotel waar voor zijn geld hoewel ik wel hotels in de VS in deze prijsklasse ben tegengekomen waar de prijs prestatie verhouding beter was
Other trip Jul 2, 2013
1 night romance trip Dec 20, 2014
Marcio
BR

TripAdvisor reviews for Rodeway Inn

"Safe area, friendly staff, and a fresh smelling room"
08/24/15 Anna F
The area felt very safe and there were lots of security cams on site. The girl at the desk greeted us with a smile even when it was late at night. Out of the 4 budget hotels we stayed at on our trip this was one out of two that didn't have any odd odors. This was also one out of the four that didn't have sketchy or annoying tenants. The room was clean with the exception of my sheets which looked like they hadn't been changed. I quickly went down the the office and got new sheets which I put on the bed myself (annoying but in general it was no big deal). There is a train that runs by outside the property which is decently noisy. If you have a long day and are tired you wont even hear it. You can probably request a room that isn't facing the tracks though. The room is spacious, bathtub is spacious, and the shower curtain has a curved bar to give even more room. This place was a good value for the price and it didn't gross me out. It is close to Mystic Seaport Village Museum!! Go check it out if you are in the area!
"A building that should be condemned."
08/18/15 David J Delray Beach, Florida
This is an overpriced, shabby hotel in need of major renovations. Steep, rickety patched up staircase to second floor. Room with, filthy windows, cigarette burns on blanket, missing pillowcase. New bathroom fixtures with loose toilet seat and bathtub which bounces as I showered. And, at such a high price, we were not provided with breakfast.
"Good overnight stay."
08/18/15 Ski361 Dover, New Jersey
A quick stop over before the early morning ferry. HUGE room! No frills, but a clean room. Nice staff. We checked in around midnight and the lady at the front desk was SO friendly. Great value and only 7 minutes from the ferry. No breakfast available, but we weren't looking for that. We just needed a clean place to sleep, shower and move on. Rodeway fit the bill.
"Very clean room"
08/14/15 Robin H Fleetwood, Pennsylvania
After reading other reviews, I was not sure of staying here, but asked for a king room. All new furniture, clean bedding, clean room, and helpful staff. When our room phone did not work, the receptionist came to our room, discovered that the phone wire needed replaced. That entailed stretching way behind the bed. We will stay here again. Another note: the morning receptionist was not as friendly, and there were no lids for the coffee
"accessible to all major casinos and outlets"
07/22/15 tamika h
room was clean and the price fit the room. the hotel was central to all of the casinos and shops. the main strip that kept you off the highway was just a block away. You can find a walgreens; kfc, mcdonalds, family dollar and plenty of gas stations
"ED SHEERAN stayed here!!!"
07/14/15 Carmen K Bayside, New York
I LOVE THIS PLACE!!! Before I talk about Ed Sheeran, let me talk about the hotel. I am typically a budget traveller so I chose this place because it had one of the better rates in the area with better reviews than most. I am so glad I chose this place. Let me start with the staff. The staff was really friendly. They got me into a room quickly. The room was very spacious and clean. They had a large tv hung on the wall. There were nothing special things but had everything I needed. Most important to us was it was clean and the staff did mention they have been doing upgrades consistently for the last year. There was no breakfast but I never eat it anyways. The best part of my trip was when I thought I saw Ed Sheeran at this motel. I didn't believe my eyes. It was only for a second. I saw him walking out of his room to a car with about 3 other people. I thought to myself it can't be him. But the next day, I saw on his Instagram he really stayed at the motel and he was getting ready to hang out with Taylor swift! Im posting a pic of him!! I loved my visit here!!
"The exterior belies the rooms which are great"
07/13/15 shortrock692 Toronto
Rooms have been renovated. New paint, furniture, TV. This is a two star ** hotel, one with few amenities (e.g. no breakfast), but the value for what it is makes it a five star ***** Highly recommended.
"Clean low budget motel"
06/20/15 jacinct Groton, Connecticut
I was very nervous after reading the negative reviews. I lived in the Groton CT area for most my life. I found the negative reviews hard to believe. The outside definitely needs some tlc. We had a room with a king bed. I was informed it was one of the rooms recently remodeled. Clerk said all the king rooms have been remodeled. Room is big. It has new dressers, new desk, wall mounted flat screen tv, remodeled bathroom. Everything was very clean. Only issue was the comforter was wet from an air freshener "bomb" they use to remove cigarette smoke caused by smokers who smoke in a non smoking room. "Bomb" definitely worked. No smell of smoke. But it left the comforter wet. I called the front desk. She came and changed it right away. Would stay again.
"Great value for less money!"
06/15/15 USMC1X Salem, Massachusetts
If you are looking for a budget hotel that is clean and close to the casinos this place is your spot. I read some of the reviews prior to staying, not sure what anyone had to complain about. My room was recently renovated, clean and spacious. The outside area may not look the best but don't judge a book by it's cover. I will be staying here anytime I visit Foxwoods.
"Crack hotel"
06/10/15 Steven A Hamburg, New York, United States
Listen.this is a drug hotel. Hookers and blow and who knows what eles. That's why it's cheap. Staff is rude always seems to be a cop out front at night. On a good note the rooms are satisfactory. If anyone gives this place a 4 star review they either work here or found drugs here