All hotels in Columbus, Ohio, United States of America
You can collect Welcome Rewards® nights here441 Ackerman Road, SR-315 At Ackerman Road, Columbus, OH, 43202, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Disappointing"
I've stayed here about 6 times over the last 3 years. I've always been glad to come back - but this was the first time when my room was not well cleaned. It was smelly. The new floor had gaps. Generally dirty. I hope this experience was a fluke.
1 night business trip Oct 16, 2014
Adam
The room was dirty with food on the floors left behind by previous people, as well as things in the room had dirt on them and looked they had not been wiped down in awhile.
Other trip Oct 16, 2014
"Just needed somewhere to sleep"
Nice room but small. It was a good place to stay for the money.
1 night romance trip Oct 10, 2014
Troy
EVERYTHING WAS GOOD BESIDES THE VOLUME ON THE TELEVISION.... WISH WE COULD HAVE TURNED IT UP COULDNT HEAR IT OVER THE AIR CONDITIONER. SO HAD TO PICK... TV OR AIR CONDITIONER. OTHER THAN THAT IT WAS A PLEASANT EXPERIENCE.
Other trip Oct 14, 2014
"Good value, comfy beds."
I set up two rooms for friends from out of town. They were quite comfortable.
Other trip Oct 13, 2014
Peg
"close to OSU Medical Center"
It was a pretty good location. We didn't feel unsafe and there weren't any kind of problems. I liked that it was only a few minutes to get to OSU Medical Center and that it was next to a shopping plaza. Eat at Café Kabul if you get a chance. Also the people working there were really nice and I would stay there again.
1 night trip Sep 30, 2014
"DIdn't feel safe!"
I woke up at 1:30am to no power in my room. Had to walk all the way down to office to get help. On the way back I had a man follow me in his car. The man then decided to park and continued starring at me. The was he was acting and looking at me I became very frightened, thankfully I was able to get close enough to my room. Once he saw I was at my room he pulled his car up literally in front of door and continued starring at me with his driver side door slightly opened. I let the front office know as there was only one woman, alone watching the grounds and I was concerned for her as well. They do not have security watching the grounds. Also, you are not inside a building., all doors face to parking lot. I will never stay there again for that reason. I will say that my room was clean and felt up to date. There are no frills or thrills. Housekeeping staff was very friendly! My only real issue is the lack of security and having one woman watching the entire place alone. They need to have security as the surrounding neighborhood is not that great either.
6 night business trip Sep 18, 2014
Sampson
"Close to OSU Wexner Medical Center"
I needed lodging for one night prior to anticipated procedure at OSU for my husband. I wanted some place to sleep and shower. Everything was neat and clean; fitted my needs perfectly, especially the rate. Not knowing if there would be an extended stay for my husband, I had to check out. I came back in the evening after making another last minute request for a room for one night. I found the handicapped room to be suited for my needs. Once again my requirements were satisfied. Personnel very friendly.
1 night trip Sep 15, 2014
"Close to OSU and comfortable."
We had no trouble with the room. We had a first floor room just outside the office and right by the parking lot and our car. That was very convenient. My only issue was the carpeting should be steam cleaned every once in awhile. My socks were black from walking on the carpet. But everything else was very clean. We ordered dinner from a Dominos online and was pleased with the service.
Other trip Sep 15, 2014
Kimberly
"Had some difficulty checking in."
Our room was not ready when we arrived and ended up in a different room than the one we chose. Location was very convenient, but there was some construction noise right outside our window. Also, the refrigerator was not cooling well.
Other trip Sep 13, 2014
Chelo
"Walking Distance to The Shoe"
Stayed in this hotel for an OSU football game. The location is convenient to Lane Ave, the Schottenstein Center, Woody Hayes Facility, Wexner Center etc...There is an Applebee's, Kroger, McD's, and a few other little places right there. The hotel is not fancy. BUT it is newly renovated, our room was clean, the bed and pillows were comfortable, we had a mini fridge/microwave, the AC worked, the shower stayed hot and had great pressure, there was a flat screen TV with as many channels as we needed, housekeeping came to our room and made the bed/cleaned. For the price, I was very satisfied and would stay there again.
2 night trip Sep 5, 2014
Room was updated and clean. No breakfast included with room.
1 night trip Aug 23, 2014
"Good deal for a basic motel"
This is a no-frills motel with rooms much nicer than the outside appearance of the building suggests. It isn't quite walking distance to OSU, but it is a quick drive to the heart of campus. The motel is close to restaurants and basic shopping, and seems suited to families who just need a clean comfortable place to sleep.
1 night trip Aug 22, 2014
OSU mom
"very impressed with this Red Roof Inn"
Close to the OSU campus, which was convenient for us. Our room looked recently updated. I don't stay at too many Red Roof Inns because they are usually kind of low end. We stayed at this one because the location was convenient, and it was only one night. I was very surprised. Easily the nicest one I've ever been to. I have no complaints whatsoever.
1 night trip Aug 22, 2014
"Great location but awful, rude service!"
I booked three rooms for my family during my business trip in the area and the receptionist was the most rude, unwelcoming hotel receptionists I have ever encountered! I understood that check in time is 3 pm , and we got there around 2ish. We just had a 5 hours drive and my baby threw up in the car. I kindly asked if it's possible for us to check in to at least one room so we can clean up. The receptionist did not try to accommodate us at all, and all she did was, lie to our faces, saying that no rooms were available yet due to cleaning. Their check out time is super early (11 am) and it's 2 pm, not even one single room's cleaned yet? Thank you very much. That would be the last time I booked with this franchise.
2 night business trip Aug 14, 2014
Adrian
"Fine for a night"
Very close to OSU. In fact, the football team was practicing right across the street. Many restaurants within walking distance. Hair on the pillows (I'm bald). In the morning checkout the receptionist was too busy in the back to come out so I had to tell out, "I'm leaving the key on the desk and leaving." She yelled back, "OK!" I'd stay there again
1 night business trip Aug 9, 2014
Paint smell wAs really over bearing at first. And there was a dog hair in our bed. Other than that, the staff was very nice, you couldn't here anything outside the room.
1 night romance trip Aug 8, 2014
Tyler
"FUMBLE!!!!!!"
If you are an Ohio State fan, this is where the Wolverines should stay. This hotel probably gets a lot of bookings because of its proximity to The Ohio State University. It's next to a shopping center where there are restaurants and grocery store, so there is a lot of traffic. The room has wood floors, and consequently they aren't vacuumed enough. I couldn't believe the dirt that came off my feet in the shower. On a plus side, it is convenient to several sports venues on campus, including the Jack Nicklaus Museum, which everyone should visit because it tells the true story of Ohio State's greatest athlete and one of our nation's greatest sportsmen.
1 night business trip Aug 5, 2014
Buckeye Pete
"Very Pleased"
We stayed here on our 2nd night in Columbus after a terrible experience at another hotel on the 1st night. The rooms were CLEAN and newly remodeled with a very modern feel. The shower was nice, and wifi was provided. The front desk service was polite, friendly and fast. The room we had, with a king-sized bed, was a little small but we were only sleeping there one night so it worked for us. The neighborhood was safe from what we could tell. There was no noise from the roads nearby. Would definitely stay here again!!!
1 night trip Aug 2, 2014
Cindy
"South Point traveler"
Read the of reviews about this motel and really wasn't sure I made the wrong choice. After getting there all rooms had been redone so I was really satisfied. Noise level was really low. One con no breakfast offerd
Other trip Aug 2, 2014
Retired
"It was ok."
Surprisingly, I received a room that was ADA compliant - and it's not because I asked for one. Upon arrival, there was a trail of ants going into the room, as something sticky/sweet was left on the floor. Hotel staff, when notified, sprayed pesticide on the ants, and cleaned up the mess. Most hotels, the telephone has a light that will blink when you have messages - this light didn't blink to inform you that messages were available. The hotel staff told me it was a problem with their phone system. The door to the room closed, but not properly - there was probably close to a half an inch of slack, or play, in the door when I closed it. It also did not seal properly - again, there was a sizable gap about 6 inches long along the bottom of the door (on the vertical upright side, not the actual bottom). The refrigerator and the microwave were nice - the fridge kept things cold. Surprisingly, there was no notepad or pen in the room, nor were there any telephone books. Staff was courteous and helpful - I asked for extra coffee & condiments packages, and plenty was delivered.
Other trip Jul 30, 2014
"quick easy stay"
close to the campus. Hot showers, cold ac, comfortable clean bed. had microwave and mini fridge. great room for the price.
1 night trip Jul 27, 2014
rxbandita
Definitely a college hotel - can of beer in the fridge. Had to request linens and pillows. Great location, but not a very up to date hotel.
Other trip Jul 29, 2014
"OSU Orientation"
Very Clean! Thoroughly enjoyed my stay at the Red Roof Inn. I never stayed in one before but I will definitely be back when coming to OSU. Conveniently located beside shopping plaza with grocery store, gas station & restaraunts
1 night trip Jul 21, 2014
Native Clevelander
Excellent
1 night business trip Jul 18, 2014
Kris
"Close to the Columbus Crew Stadium"
Much nicer than our original hotel, Day's Inn by the airport. Nice and clean, and the neighbor hood was much safer.
1 night trip with friends Jul 19, 2014
Thomas C Miller
"College Visit"
The clerk was friendly but gave us the key to the wrong room. Then the room was nice and bed was great, but the shower was so disgusting that my daughter wore her shoes in it to take a shower. We came for a college visit so the location was just right.
1 night trip Jul 13, 2014
"Great place to stay at OSU"
Hazel and Pam at the desk are so friendly and welcoming. The room is clean,and the floors!! Laminate! What a great idea! The towels are huge and smell great. We will stay here again on our next trip back to OSU. LOVE Buckeye store right next door and the convenience to Kroger and restaurants within walking distance. Great value too!
4 night trip Jul 13, 2014
Tracy
"nice hotel for an overnite stay"
close to osu facilities. room was very clean and included free wifi and refrigrator and micro wave and coffee maker
Other trip Jul 15, 2014
"Concert stay."
Stayed over after a concert at the Schottenstein Center and it was perfect. New Rooms that were clean and comfortable. Staff was friendly and helpful with questions. Would stay here again for sure.
1 night trip Jul 8, 2014
J&R
So close to OSU.
1 night trip Jul 4, 2014
"Nice hotel, hard to get to."
We were disappointed that the hotel choose to close half the parking lot while still having a pretty full house. It was already late when we got there due to traffic from Red, White, and Boom. When we did get to the weird back entrance to the hotel, there were cones blocking the entrance and then we had to back around the hotel to find a spot. Seemed like a bad weekend to repace the lot! Everything else was nice about the hotel and we would probably go back.
Other trip Jul 5, 2014
"Worked for what we needed"
We needed a place to stay close to OSU campus for daughter's college orientation at a reasonable/inexpensive price. Hotel was close and comfortable and relatively inexpensive. It could have been a little cleaner for our tastes (several hairs in bathroom, on floor and in tub) but, in my mind, it wasn't outrageous and some of those little things are unavoidable as perfection is an unattainable and unreasonable expectation, especially at this price.
Other trip Jul 5, 2014
"Walking Distance to the Schott"
I stayed here 4 years ago, and the place was rather seedy. It's been completely remodeled since then, and they did a very nice job. It's an old building with outside entrances to the rooms, which may bother some, but the room was clean, comfortable, and pretty. If you're attending an event at the Schottenstein Center, it's a 15 minute walk away. No parking or traffic hassles.
1 night trip Jun 29, 2014
Zamfir2
Facility was clean and comfortable, staff was very friendly and helpful.
Other trip Jul 2, 2014
"Very nice, updated"
The room was very comfortable - recently remodeled. Nice furnishings, TV, everything new and clean. Did not notice any road noise. I will stay here again my next time in Columbus.
1 night business trip Jun 21, 2014
"Ants!"
Our room was infested with ants. Don't stay here.
1 night trip with friends Jun 21, 2014
"Clean and Reasonably Priced"
This hotel was clean and reasonably priced for my one night stay during my daughter's college orientation. Nothing fancy, but it was what I expected. The hotel staff was friendly when I checked in and out. No problems with the room or staff at all. Near shopping and restaurants.
Other trip Jun 21, 2014
"Decent hotel, very close to OSU"
We stayed in one of the recently renovated rooms (June 2014). It was OK for the price. Pros: Great location near OSU. Nice beds, clean room, responsive staff. Cons: Slow internet, very weak wi-fi signal.
2 night family trip Jun 17, 2014
"Great deal"
Very friendly, accommodating front desk. Hotel is being renovated and it looks great, modern touches. Paint smell in our room was very strong, couldn't open windows for fresh air. Love the wood floors, flat screen tvs. Compact space, very small bathroom, sink in area open to the room. Comfortable beds, good night's sleep after walking campus all day despite very loud air conditioner. Convenient location for OSU visit and a place to sleep and shower. No breakfast included, but restaurants, grocery, gas all across the parking lot. Coffee in room and in lobby kept hubby happy.
2 night trip Jun 15, 2014
OSU
"Not a Bad Little Hotel"
Great location-- Close to OSU and nearby shopping and restaurants. Rooms were clean and comfortable. I'd definitely recommend and would stay there again in the future.
2 night trip Jun 15, 2014
Cathy
"nice motel close to OSU and downtown"
room was newly renovated, nice TV and furniture. close to baseball park and LC Pavillion.
Other trip Jun 6, 2014
"newly-renovated rooms are a big improvement"
The new rooms are very nice and the location, especially if you need access to the O.S.U. campus, is great.
1 night business trip Jun 1, 2014
"Pleasantly Surprised"
We were pleasantly surprised that for the price, the room was basic, clean and updated. It was nothing fancy, but we had a good nights rest.
1 night trip May 29, 2014
"good job, red roof inn!"
Awesome room! Staff considerate and on the ball. Hotel right next to a major road, but, that was ok. Close to everywhere we wanted to be. Loved it.
2 night family trip May 24, 2014
Cindy
"Bad performance from Hotels.com"
I booked the 2 Queen bed room for 4 people to stay. My best guess is that Hotels dot com did not communicate the type of room or other info to hotel. When I walked into my room with a 2 month old, after a 5 hour tiring drive, with me I found it to be a king bed. I had to go down again to change the room.The hotel staff told me that she gave me the room that was on my reservation. I have a clear email from hotels dot com showing a two queen bed room.
1 night trip May 19, 2014
"Close to music venue I attended and free shuttle."
The new remodeling us very nice. It made for a comfortable stay fir a good price.
Other trip May 16, 2014
"Close to Ohio State University"
Bathroom was disgusting...we had to wipe it down with antiseptic wipes we brought with us. Floor had not been vacuumed recently...we found items on the floor (such as bobby pins, etc.). Maid did not replenish all used items day to day (we stayed 3 days) e.g. ice bucket plastic liner was never replaced, tissue package was not replaced, etc. Construction for renovation was going on during the day in the unit above us...we were never told of plans for this noise and inconvenience when we booked months earlier. We found loose hairs in the sheets the first night we stayed (gross!). Definitely not worth the inflated price we paid for OSU graduation weekend! On a positive note, the lady at the desk running the place was very pleasant.
Other trip May 6, 2014
MRC
"Thank goodness they are remodeling"
They are beginning to remodel, starting with the top floor, which is badly needed.
2 night business trip Apr 30, 2014
bare bones motel , with none of essentials that most motels offer .
Other trip Apr 27, 2014