All hotels in Columbus, Ohio, United States of America
441 Ackerman Road, SR-315 At Ackerman Road, Columbus, OH, 43202, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Inexpensive room rate seemed attractive, but..."
We were in town for a family event and didn't want to burden family members with trying to find somewhere to sleep. So, we opted to take a room in a local hotel. We chose the Red Roof Plus because it indicated it was newly remodeled and the rates were very reasonable. However, we only lasted one night (of the planned four) because the bed was god awful hard. I know that hotel beds are typically stiff, but this was like sleeping on a brick. Otherwise, the staff was very accommodating and nice. The room itself was well appointed and clean.
Other trip Jan 23, 2015
It was a amazing trip
1 night romance trip Jan 13, 2015
"CLEAN AND COMFY!"
I was super happy with the location of the hotel, the outside did not do the inside justice. The room is very up to date with mini fridge and microwave, great channels on TV. My favorite part of all is the cleanliness since that is the most important factor to me in choosing a hotel. I would definitely recommend this hotel!
Other trip Jan 16, 2015
MELISSA
"Don't stay here."
I have stayed at this hotel 4 different times in 2014. Every 3 months I travel to Columbus to see a Dr. at OSU concerning my cancer treatment. On my most recent trip to Columbus, my flight from Dallas was cancelled because of weather in Columbus (airport was shutdown). When Hotel.com called Red Roof to cancel and get me a refund, they said they wouldn't give me a refund even though they knew the weather caused multiple issues in Columbus including the airport being closed. I called the Manager the next day. He (Mr. H) admitted the hotel wasn't full that night but he still wouldn't give me a refund because he had to hold the room. Upon asking him that "holding" my room didn't cost Red Roof any money since there were multiple open rooms that night, he said he wouldn't change his decision. I don't think any hotel or hotel manager should take advantage of a customer because of uncontrollable circumstances. Red Roof should have a more reasonable policy when know weather issues cause people to miss their reservation.
1 night family trip Jan 11, 2015
Stan
"Gave this place 1 more chance."
I have stayed here about 5 times. I said I would not go back because it was dirty the time before last. I gave it one more try but it will be my last. The floors and bathtub were dirty. Not enough towels for 2 people. I did not complain as it seems like it did no good the last time. The cleaning staff was rude. I was walking out carrying suitcases and one woman barged in front of me and stopped. I said excuse me (nicely) and when I turned my back I heard them mocking me. Not a well run hotel. Stay some place else.
Other trip Jan 12, 2015
Me
"Nice facility"
Cold weather but my stay was comfortable, heat worked well in the room.
3 night business trip Jan 6, 2015
"Plus is worth it!"
Two days to catch up with customers. End of day back to warm (It was -2 in AM!) room with great king size bed. This is a Plus location and has been remodeled within the past year. This is where I stay when in town.
2 night business trip Jan 7, 2015
Gordon
"Quick stop in Columbus"
Clean and comfortable. Friendly and helpful staff. Reasonable rates. I would definitely stay here again.
1 night family trip Jan 4, 2015
Marvin
"10% off"
stay was acceptable.
1 night romance trip Dec 31, 2014
"Affordable & comfortable"
If was very cofortable ... Newly and Nicely renovated.. :) affordable I would stay here again ...
1 night trip Dec 31, 2014
Marcie
"Great place to stay--very dog friendly"
The hotel was very clean. The staff was very helpful. The rooms were clean. They allowed dogs and did not give any trouble or problems with bringing dogs--my two dogs were very large--great dane! They also provided a pack and play for the baby. Overall, I was extremely pleased.
1 night family trip Dec 31, 2014
"Suprisingly nice"
Last minute decision to head to Columbus left us with few options at a reasonable price. Pulling up to the hotel I thought we might have made a bad choice but once speaking with the extremely friendly and helpful staff and seeing the small but very clean room I was very surprised. Also we had two dogs along with us which the hotel gave us no problems about no extra fee. Overall very happy with it and would probably stay again to save a few bucks and be able to bring my dogs along.
Other trip Jan 2, 2015
dave
"room comfort"
RoomVERYhot and not able to adjust heat
4 night romance trip Dec 23, 2014
"Great location for OSU BB"
Great location to attend an OSU basketball game.
1 night family trip Dec 27, 2014
"Close to OSU"
Close to OSU, clean room. Standard room has been refurbished recently. Lots of road noise.
Other trip Dec 28, 2014
Dznyfan
"Small room"
My husband and I stayed in a double room with our 17 yr old son. The room was very tight, especially the bathroom area. It was ok for one night.
1 night family trip Dec 13, 2014
RM
"Room was cold"
The room had cold air coming in the bottom of the entry door- the bottom of the door didn't reach the floor. We used rolled newspapers to try to seal it and we had to turn the heat up.
1 night family trip Dec 9, 2014
"Unsanitary"
Have stayed here a few times. Liked it until my last stay.The toilet was filthy in the first room they gave me. Changed rooms. Next room toilet and bathroom floor was filthy. Just finished a 6 hour ride and was not up for finding a new place. Cleaned the bathroom myself good enough to use it and kept my shoes on the whole time. Did not use the shower, too gross. Told desk in the morning and filled out complaint card. Never heard a word, never going back. Unsanitary!
1 night family trip Nov 30, 2014
Fine overall. Small room, but comfortable. Great location. Worked for our two night stay.
Other trip Dec 3, 2014
A
"Red Roof"
The room overall is very clean and new and comfortable! Except the lobby was pretty small, other than that, it is a great place to stay
1 night trip with friends Oct 31, 2014
"Great location if visiting OSU Campus"
Hotel staff was friendly, great location, rooms were comfortable and affordable.
Other trip Nov 30, 2014
mrc
"New rooms"
We stayed a year ago and wasn't that impressed. But when we got to our room. We were impressed with renovations. I have no problem on staying there again.
1 night family trip Nov 26, 2014
"Convenient location, worth the price!"
Had to do a unexpected trip to Columbus, so with very short time to reserve a room, I've found the availability of Red Roof at this location, I would definitely try to stay there, great location, close to everywhere in Columbus!
1 night business trip Nov 18, 2014
Jorge
"Skeptical Mom"
We were going to an OSU game. With the price and location I wasn't expecting much. I was blown away by how nice the room was, how nice the staff was, and felt surprisingly safe even with my infant in toe! You can WALK to the game, there are also lots of places to eat in the plaza that bumps up against it. The parking lot was as bright as day. Skeptical Moms - this isn't a case of get what you pay for! Just as nice as the more expensive places! Will be staying here again!
1 night family trip Nov 22, 2014
Great value. I will stay again the next time I'm in town
2 night family trip Nov 21, 2014
Carlos
"Ohio State visit"
Perfect for campus visit. Very easy to get to campus from the motel. Restaurants and grocery store across the street. Beds were very comfortable. A bit of weather stripping around the door may help keep some of the outside noise out during the evening but area was quiet by 10:00 pm. The only not so good part was the nonslip mat in the shower. It was discolored. Part of it flipped over and there was mold under it. The room was clean other than that.
Other trip Nov 23, 2014
Mom
"Poor Service"
It is close to the OSU and several good eating places. No shampoo, conditioner, ..
4 night business trip Nov 3, 2014
"Great deal! Highly recommended!"
The room exceeded my expectations as far as decor and look. Hardwood floors, nice linen, marble countertop, very mod layout with the desk, and a flat screen TV too! Only minuses were the temp control (because the doors aren't enclosed in a hallway and lead to the parking lot, it gets very cold and even with the heat on max the room was chill), and they could have swept up some dust bunnies here and there. Overall a big surprise, pretty comfortable, and an excellent location with shops, restaurants, fast food, and The Ohio State University right at your door.
1 night business trip Nov 18, 2014
Chandler
"Needs to have a vanity in bathroom"
Had a handicap room which was clean and roomy. By the highway but quiet. Missed not having a vanity for essentials.
Had a nice stay. Only complaint I could even come up with is no batteries in the tv remote. The room was nice, clean and quiet. I would definitely stay here again and recommend anyone to do the same.
"Nice motel close to Value City Arena."
We chose this Red Roof because it was close to Value City Arena. The staff was great; helpful and knowledgeable about the area. The room was very clean, the bed very comfortable; the shower had plenty of hot water! If there was a downside, the rooms are small but for just an overnight it was great. We would recommend this Red Roof to our friends if they need something close to the Arena and areas close by.
Other trip Nov 19, 2014
Our stay was great. The room was clean and cozy. Updated very nicely. Very close to Riverside a 5min drive.
1 night family trip Nov 11, 2014
":)"
This location was decided on due to the closeness to the Schott. We will definitely stay at this hotel again for future events!!
1 night romance trip Nov 6, 2014
"My first stay at Red Roof"
Immediately after my check-in at 6pm, when I arrived to the room a cleaning lady was there with the TV on. She left in a minute, then what I found was the toilet bowl (outside...) VERY, shockingly, dirty. Also room vacuuming had not been done at all. I called the front desk and they sent another lady fairly quickly, to fix the problem. They don't provide "Don't disturb" sign on the door. You should expect a loud knock at the door in the morning. Otherwise there was no problem.
1 night business trip Nov 4, 2014
"See above"
Front desk could not find reservation on arrival. Rebioked reservation apparently thru expedia and charged me more than the stated price on hotels. Com. They must have found it later and refunded yhe lower orice quoted in hotels. Com and left the high price in my bill
1 night family trip Oct 26, 2014
cheryl
"Not too bad for the price. Older hotel."
Was clean and was ok. Older place with new coat of paint.
Other trip Oct 30, 2014
"Close to Ohio state medical building."
Motel was in a good area. Quite. Clean and comfortable. Close to all medical buildings of Ohio state. Easy access from motel.
1 night trip Oct 22, 2014
Terry Blake
"Disappointing"
I've stayed here about 6 times over the last 3 years. I've always been glad to come back - but this was the first time when my room was not well cleaned. It was smelly. The new floor had gaps. Generally dirty. I hope this experience was a fluke.
1 night business trip Oct 16, 2014
Adam
The room was dirty with food on the floors left behind by previous people, as well as things in the room had dirt on them and looked they had not been wiped down in awhile.
Other trip Oct 16, 2014
"Just needed somewhere to sleep"
Nice room but small. It was a good place to stay for the money.
1 night romance trip Oct 10, 2014
Troy
EVERYTHING WAS GOOD BESIDES THE VOLUME ON THE TELEVISION.... WISH WE COULD HAVE TURNED IT UP COULDNT HEAR IT OVER THE AIR CONDITIONER. SO HAD TO PICK... TV OR AIR CONDITIONER. OTHER THAN THAT IT WAS A PLEASANT EXPERIENCE.
Other trip Oct 14, 2014
"Good value, comfy beds."
I set up two rooms for friends from out of town. They were quite comfortable.
Other trip Oct 13, 2014
Peg
"close to OSU Medical Center"
It was a pretty good location. We didn't feel unsafe and there weren't any kind of problems. I liked that it was only a few minutes to get to OSU Medical Center and that it was next to a shopping plaza. Eat at Café Kabul if you get a chance. Also the people working there were really nice and I would stay there again.
1 night trip Sep 30, 2014
"DIdn't feel safe!"
I woke up at 1:30am to no power in my room. Had to walk all the way down to office to get help. On the way back I had a man follow me in his car. The man then decided to park and continued starring at me. The was he was acting and looking at me I became very frightened, thankfully I was able to get close enough to my room. Once he saw I was at my room he pulled his car up literally in front of door and continued starring at me with his driver side door slightly opened. I let the front office know as there was only one woman, alone watching the grounds and I was concerned for her as well. They do not have security watching the grounds. Also, you are not inside a building., all doors face to parking lot. I will never stay there again for that reason. I will say that my room was clean and felt up to date. There are no frills or thrills. Housekeeping staff was very friendly! My only real issue is the lack of security and having one woman watching the entire place alone. They need to have security as the surrounding neighborhood is not that great either.
6 night business trip Sep 18, 2014
Sampson
"Close to OSU Wexner Medical Center"
I needed lodging for one night prior to anticipated procedure at OSU for my husband. I wanted some place to sleep and shower. Everything was neat and clean; fitted my needs perfectly, especially the rate. Not knowing if there would be an extended stay for my husband, I had to check out. I came back in the evening after making another last minute request for a room for one night. I found the handicapped room to be suited for my needs. Once again my requirements were satisfied. Personnel very friendly.
1 night trip Sep 15, 2014
"Close to OSU and comfortable."
We had no trouble with the room. We had a first floor room just outside the office and right by the parking lot and our car. That was very convenient. My only issue was the carpeting should be steam cleaned every once in awhile. My socks were black from walking on the carpet. But everything else was very clean. We ordered dinner from a Dominos online and was pleased with the service.
Other trip Sep 15, 2014
Kimberly
"Had some difficulty checking in."
Our room was not ready when we arrived and ended up in a different room than the one we chose. Location was very convenient, but there was some construction noise right outside our window. Also, the refrigerator was not cooling well.
Other trip Sep 13, 2014
Chelo
"Walking Distance to The Shoe"
Stayed in this hotel for an OSU football game. The location is convenient to Lane Ave, the Schottenstein Center, Woody Hayes Facility, Wexner Center etc...There is an Applebee's, Kroger, McD's, and a few other little places right there. The hotel is not fancy. BUT it is newly renovated, our room was clean, the bed and pillows were comfortable, we had a mini fridge/microwave, the AC worked, the shower stayed hot and had great pressure, there was a flat screen TV with as many channels as we needed, housekeeping came to our room and made the bed/cleaned. For the price, I was very satisfied and would stay there again.
2 night trip Sep 5, 2014
Room was updated and clean. No breakfast included with room.
1 night trip Aug 23, 2014
"Good deal for a basic motel"
This is a no-frills motel with rooms much nicer than the outside appearance of the building suggests. It isn't quite walking distance to OSU, but it is a quick drive to the heart of campus. The motel is close to restaurants and basic shopping, and seems suited to families who just need a clean comfortable place to sleep.
1 night trip Aug 22, 2014