All hotels in Strongsville, Ohio, United States of America
15385 Royalton Rd, Strongsville, OH, 44136, United States of America, ‏‎855-238-1592

• Value
    Bad breakfast
    Food is not good
    Bad internet service
"passing thru"
ok, needed to rest before continuing
1 night trip Oct 25, 2014
bruce mlakar
"Could have been a little bit better for the price"
Pros: Large room, the room itself was comfortable. Cons: Bathroom: The shower suddenly turns very hot on its own & goes back to normal after a few seconds. When I turned on the bath tub water, a large blog of hair came floating out. Breakfast, I have never seen a more meager breakfast at a hotel that advertises free breakfast.
Other trip Oct 23, 2014
Ash
"Close to my cousin's house (my chauffeur, ha ha)"
I always stay here when I go to North Royalton. Always satisfied with everything.
Other trip Oct 23, 2014
Miki
"Would stay there again"
The building and furnishings appear to be older. Not sure if this was one of the original Super 8s or an inn they bought. If you want amodern facility with enclosed access to your room this is not the place for you. It is the type of hotel where you drive up to your room and park by your door. I personally like that convenience. Room was very clean. Staff was very friendly. It's located near the highway and near shopping/restaurants. I would stay again.
Other trip Oct 19, 2014
Lee
"Nice place but unpleasant shower"
Price was great. People were friendly. Room was nice. Sheets were clean. No Bedbugs. Breakfast was good. Room was quiet.. Only complaint is that the water came out of the shower head like a garden hose without a nozzle and dripped straight down. The water went from freezing to scalding and back again several times during my shower.
1 night trip with friends Oct 7, 2014
Teena
"Very tired Super 8 in Strongsville, OH"
Dingy and depressing. When I first checked in the clerk gave me a room that smelled of smoke and had no refrigerator, which I asked for. I went back and asked for another room, upstairs and was given a better room, with a refrigerator, but the fridge did not work. The next day I asked a different clerk about getting a replacement refrigerator and she said, "I know they advertise that every room has a refrigerator, but they don't all have them. She said she would try, and she was successful! She was really nice, and said they really like to try and give a refrigerator to those staying more than one night (I was there 5). But the whole hotel is in bad need of updating, and the helpful clerk did say the management has not been repairing things as they break. The room was clean, and the maid service was consistently good, but the room was so depressing, I hated going back each night, and stayed away as long as I could each day. Plus, I discovered after booking, but not until a few days before that the doors open to the outside, something I do not feel comfortable with security wise. In my room, I could not throw the dead bolt all the way. I got the maintenance guy to look at it my 4th day there, and he said the whole plate needed to be replaced. Since I was leaving the next day, I told him just to note it. I put a chair under the door handle to ensure security. Breakfast as advertised, no meat or eggs.
5 night trip Sep 18, 2014
andrea
"Convenient and close to I-71."
Room was very clean and convenient for traveling. Staff was very cordial.
Other trip Sep 23, 2014
"Don't shower"
The room was clean however the bedding had burn holes in it and it was suppose to be a NON smoking room. When I showered in the morning I all of a sudden got a burst of scolding hot water over my back. It happened twice. I did mention it to the front desk however doubt if they did anything about it.
1 night trip Sep 19, 2014
Sharon Vetovitz
"Should have slept in the car!!!!"
This was the second stay at this hotel. First time ac was broke. Said something to the clerk at check out. She said they were installing new units and we must have gotten an old one. So we gave it another shot. It was very close to where we needed to be early the next morning. The room was damp, smelled of cigarette smoke (non smoking room), and the shower went from scalding to right every minute or so. The front desk seemed unconcerned. Will pay for Holiday Inn next time. We go to this area 2-4 times a month for business.
1 night business trip Sep 3, 2014
"Very nice for the price"
Room was very clean, bed was made and fresh towels delivered daily. Was grateful for the fridge and microwave.
Other trip Sep 10, 2014
tasia
"Great value stay"
The only disappointment was the TV. One of those older units. But I'm spoiled by a very LAGE flat screen. This is an older location but it was very clean, neat and the room was comfortable. I had a room right against Royalton rd and all 4 lanes of the busy road east of the mall. I did not hear the traffic at all, which was great. Freindly staff. It was well worth the cost per night and I will use it again each time I come to the area to visit family.
2 night family trip Sep 5, 2014
"Not so good"
There were cobwebs all along the ceciling.
3 night business trip Sep 2, 2014
"Close to work location."
No problems.
5 night trip Aug 24, 2014
Basic room. It was clean and quiet. Nothing fancy. I'm not sure when the breakfast part ended, but the food was gone by 9 am on a Sunday morning.
Other trip Sep 1, 2014
"Good for the price"
Overall I was satisfied and would stay here again. I only needed a one night stay but would have been happy to stay here longer. The room was quite small but sufficient for one person staying alone. It would probably be a little tight for two people sharing - though plenty of bed space on the king bed. There was a small (blood?)stain on the sheets, which personally doesn't bother me, though also a couple hairs, which do bother me. Otherwise the room itself appeared plenty clean. Desk staff were very friendly. The location was great - right along a major business road, just down the road from a mall, restaurants, multiple gas stations, etc. Very convenient if you need to find anything. You can just drive down the road to whatever you need and no worries about getting lost. I needed to get my car checked at AdvanceAuto and it was about three minutes away, down the main road and just one turn.
1 night trip Aug 16, 2014
Kelly G.
"Served the purpose"
Needed a rest stop, close to Strongsville, Ohio church for baptism. Met that basic need. Would not recommend for an extended stay. Basic bed, shower and room. Continental breakfast was bare minimum.
Other trip Aug 19, 2014
Rod
"Wouldn't necessarily stay again"
The hotel staff were very nice. The rooms are very out dated and the cleanliness isn't the best. We only stayed in our room long enough to sleep. The continental breakfast was a joke. Nothing but a few donuts and cereal. Was told there would be a waffle iron, but that wasn't the case. Not a whole lot to choose from. The location was okay, right off of I-71.
1 night trip Aug 15, 2014
Excellent value for the price. It wasn't fancy but it was clean and comfortable. It included a fridge and microwave in the room and a free continental breakfast. Very convenient location for my stay.
Other trip Aug 10, 2014
"Very good for the price!"
The hotel staff was efficient to handle large group, breakfast with waffle and fruit, pool, and shuttle.
Other trip Aug 10, 2014
ysl
"Stayed because the Holiday Inn was full"
Will drive home before I stay at this hotel again. This hotel has no amenities, and the breakfast bar was unsanitary, no utensils for getting items from bins and they had containers for butter and spreads (like cream cheese); not individually wrapped items.
1 night business trip Jul 26, 2014
D. Butcher
"Friendly staff"
Ck in staff were very pleasant and cheerful. Advised information on breakfast and coffee~!!
1 night trip Jul 19, 2014
Rose
"tub/shower in need of attention"
I made reservations at Super 8 Strongsville only because the hotels where I would normally choose to stay were fully booked. I typically choose Hampton Inns and Holiday Inns. Maybe, therefore, I am expecting too much of a budget inn like Super 8. The room smelled funny -- but I guess we got used to that. But I was particularly dismayed by the condition of the tub/shower. The bottom of the tub had discolored non-slip strips, the calking had not covered the mold along the tub edge and there was an orange-ish kind of mold on the tile of the shower. It seems to me that in addition to clean sheets and toilet and sink that the bathtubs should be spotless -- white tile and tub with not a single discoloration and certainly no mold. I feel bad complaining like this but maybe because I normally stay at "better" hotels I just don't realize that the trade-off for a low-cost room is poor maintenance of areas like the bathtub. Our sink only had very water, but we let maintenance know and they fixed that while we were out. Otherwise the beds were comfortable, it was quiet and Super 8 was very convenient to where we needed to be. But I would not stay there again -- or any Super 8 -- I will just make my reservations elsewhere else in a timely manner.
2 night trip Jul 18, 2014
Mike's wife
My reservation was for a smoking room, and was supposed to be held for late arrival; however, it was gone. I changed rooms the next day, but both rooms had maintenance issues--no TV remote, Lights were out or did not work properly, & a couple of other things I can't recall.
Other trip Jul 21, 2014
Cricket
"A group of us were biking the bike trail.close"
Good and reasonable. Thanks
2 night trip Jul 11, 2014
Good location for a quick overnight stay. Clean but the hotel definitely needs to be upgraded.
1 night trip with friends Jul 12, 2014
"Hall of fame trip"
Hotel was in a great location for us as we were traveling between the rock n roll hall of fame and football hall of fame . Its located between the two so it was very convenient . They really need to work on freshening up the smell in the room , everything looked and was clean but the smell was a bit overwhelming . Friendly staff at the front desk !
1 night trip Jun 28, 2014
RJ
Relaxing,reastful,close to mall and resturants. Great Stay!
1 night trip Jun 28, 2014
"Very basic accomodations--a port in the storm."
The bed was comfortable and big (King)! The bathroom fan was so loud, we stopped turning on the light. Breakfast had some variety of items and was in a separate room from lobby which was good.
1 night trip Jun 24, 2014
"In town for a wedding"
Hotel was comfortable and very economical. If you require higher end, modern accommodations this is not the place for you. Rooms were basic but a very good value for the money. The in-room microwave and refrigerator were nice little extras that come in handy when staying over several days/nights.
Other trip Jul 2, 2014
"Very convenient"
Owner did not have the computer in the lobby on. Had to wait a while for it to come on. This was in the morning. Was told by the clerk that the owner wants to keep his electric bill down. Also they police the breakfast area in the morning to make sure people do not take food out of the area. Very cheap operation.
3 night trip Jun 25, 2014
"Not so great"
The rooms are old - drastically in need of renovation. My son complained that his bed smelled like urine and he reeked of it in the morning. Seedy looking guys were hanging out in front of their rooms (exterior entrances) as we were arriving and they made us all feel unsafe. Would not like to stay here again.
1 night trip Jun 22, 2014
Leah
"disgusting"
Check in and had to immediately run out for business only to return later that evening. As I decided to crawl in bed I happened to open the night stand drawer. Open condoms, enough said, immediate check out. I booked through hotels.com and they won't even back me on this one they still charged me for the week. I will never use them again for personal and/ or the office that I manage where we have 40 to 50 guests traveling to our site monthly. Never again super 8 or never again hotels.com.
5 night business trip Jun 16, 2014
Located just off the expressway and in a safe, friendly area. Great example of "you get what you pay for". Room was clean and everything worked as it should. They should upgrade the TV's as they still had old tube TV's! Breakfast was nothing fancy but it was sufficient: oatmeal, cereal, bananas, yogurt, breads, coffee and juices. We would stay again in the future.
2 night trip Jun 13, 2014
Alan
"sufficient for an overnight stay before graduation"
our room was non smoking but by the smell it was obviously at one time a room that had been smoked in. Thankful for the air conditioning that kept us cool that night and helped block the smell of the over powering cigarette smoke.
1 night trip Jun 7, 2014
"Room smelled like an ashtray"
No refunds and a 25% change fee: NEVER AGAIN! Complete Rip-off!
Other trip Jun 10, 2014
"quick trip"
For a quick trip it was fine. The cost was reasonable.
1 night trip Jun 6, 2014
Not the most modern but very clean and comfortable.
1 night business trip Jun 6, 2014
"Great for the price !!"
Room was small but comfortable, I would go back for another stay.
Other trip Jun 2, 2014
Adam
"Nice Stay"
Nice little hotel. Convenient location. Would stay here again. Very friendly staff.
1 night trip May 17, 2014
"Excellent stay"
We were just in town over night but the hotel was exactly what we needed. A comfortable place to sleep for a quick overnight.
1 night trip May 16, 2014
Jackie
"Very good for the price"
Pros: Comfortable bed, refrigerator & microwave appreciate considering low cost of room, adequate breakfast included, helpful staff. Cons: noisy fan in bathroom
2 night trip May 14, 2014
Nice room was small but Okay
1 night romance trip Apr 26, 2014
The room was extremely small and the tv was very old but otherwise a great
1 night trip Mar 15, 2014
"king bed very comfy"
Our room was very nice, our king bed was so comfortable. Cant beat the price.
3 night trip Feb 14, 2014
paul
"Perfectly Adequate for a Super 8"
I stayed here while visiting my son. The room was everything that you would expect from a Super 8. It had clean beds, fresh linens when needed and free wifi. The only downside was the 15 year old television.
5 night trip Dec 26, 2013
"Meh, it's Super 8"
Clean. In good location. Very friendly staff. Still, nothing about the place comes across as "nice."
1 night trip Dec 10, 2013
"Hockey Tourney Stayover"
My son had a hockey tourney at the rink next door. The location was perfect. I only had to walk to the rink. The hotel is an old Red Roof Inn with the outdoor hallway around the building. It is obviously dated but pretty well maintained. They do not have gutters along the roof line and the snow was melting, so it was impossible not to get dripped on which was annoying. The breakfast was a cold continental breakfast unless you count toast and oatmeal as hot foods. But, the cost was reasonable and we were able to have a filling breakfast, at least. For our purpose, the room and location worked out well.
Other trip Dec 2, 2013
Rich
Staff was smoking in the stairwell outside which was very annoying
1 night business trip Nov 21, 2013
"Needs serious facilities work."
Property was convenient for our travel route but was oversold on their and Hotel.com web sites. No elevator, rooms seemed clean but old furnishings, i.e., tube TV. Clerk was not particularly hospitable. Ice was available in only one location and you had to walk through the parking lot to get to it if you were in the other building. Breakfast was OK but nothing more. In my opinion, not good value for the cost.
1 night family trip Oct 26, 2013
Karl Bronn
"Good hotel for the money."
See above. It's a nice hotel for the money. If you need a place to crash for a night or two on a budget, look no further.
Other trip Oct 15, 2013