All hotels in San Antonio, Texas, United States of America
204 Alamo Plaza, San Antonio, TX, 78205, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"The Colonial is a fine dining experience."
The meal and dining experience at The Colonial restaurant was very memorable in an excellent way. Abraham Juarez took care of us that evening and gave us impeccable service. Quiet, excellent food, great service and relaxing guitar music made it amazing. The shower did not work in our room so that was a problem but taught us to check that as we got into our room rather than early the next morning when needing to take a shower.
1 night romance trip Jul 10, 2015
GERALD
Hotel is in a great location, right across from the Alamo. I enjoyed that it was historic but it was a bit too outdated for my tastes.
2 night family trip Jul 5, 2015
Jamie
"Yep."
Awesome stay at an awesome hotel. Great location in the middle of downtown and such a beautiful place. Will definitely stay again.
1 night romance trip Jun 6, 2015
"THE PLACE TO GO"
VERY VERY ENJOYABLE THANKS
2 night family trip Jul 3, 2015
Bruce
"Loved it!"
We stayed here for a mother daughter wknd. The hotel was great! Everyone at the hotel was very friendly and very helpful. The room was fantastic! I loved all the decor and history in it. Will definitely stay again. Only downside was the breakfast buffet was very pricey and not very good choices for food. Other than that, all was perfect.
2 night family trip Jun 26, 2015
Cammie
"Great place for sightseeing"
Great location. Staff were all very friendly, knowledgable, and responsive
1 night trip Jun 28, 2015
"Old and dirty"
Dirty and small room.
9 night business trip Jun 19, 2015
Jorge M
The room was nice, the staff was pleasant, friendly and very helpful. We had a great time.
1 night romance trip Jun 27, 2015
Marvin
"small rooms rude staff"
very small room rude staff would never say again
1 night romance trip May 1, 2015
abram
We really enjoyed the atmosphere
2 night romance trip Jun 25, 2015
Beverly
"Menger Hotel"
Room was hot and humid. The hotel staff did not correct the problem. The room service breakfast was terrible- stale Danishes and lukewarm coffee. The pool was nice but the space needs to be updated.
2 night romance trip Jun 5, 2015
Kate
"Good hotel for the price"
The plus side: The Menger Hotel is in a great location right next to Alamo. They do provide room service and their staff is wonderful! The semi negative: We had reserved a room with a king size bed. I think the hotel should mention how small their rooms can be! The staff was very nice and when we asked for a bigger room we got moved to one with double beds and more roomy. It is a bit disappointing that such a historic hotel is not decorated as such inside the regular rooms (I'm sure it's suites are beautiful). The hotel is also running some renovations which was not mentioned when I booked. I have stayed here before and had a room with double beds and a balcony and was able to stroll the historic hallways lined with art. It was sad to not be able to enjoy the same accomodations this time.
1 night romance trip Jun 20, 2015
"Great Place Needs Some Updating"
Repeat customer that travels to San Antonio often. Lovely and elegant structure and decor. Quality service and great location are additional draws. I may not stay there in the future, however, because of two drawbacks: 1. limited number of room refrigerators (although complementary on first come first serve basis) - should be standard; 2. Fitness room lacks free weights (5-50lbs would be nice) and bench. Also WIFI a little spotty.
1 night business trip Jun 16, 2015
Our stay was excellent. We will return again and again.
1 night romance trip Jun 16, 2015
"Embarressed Texan"
For being a historical hotel as a Texan... I'm embarrassed... I've stayed at several hotels nearby and always wanted to stay here.. It's the oldest hotel in Texas... From the outside, quaint and attractive... OMG.... To the Moody's who are wealthy enough as owners to PLEASE take a little more pride in a touristy hotel and area!!! We had a box fan delivered at 4am after calling at 11pm because the air conditioning never worked... And let me say one word to the Moody's...."Driskill" check out that hotel in Austin also built in 1886 yes it's an older hotel but it doesn't stink or have garage sale type furniture and THE BEDS.... Crazy!!! The front desk staff also were less than friendly! The flesh colored walls are not appealing AT ALL especially with the water damage spots all around! Motel 6 would be an upgrade from this hotel! Really embarressed and disappointed.. Go to the Gunter!!! MUCH MUCH better!!
1 night business trip Jun 7, 2015
Stacy
"Merger Reunion"
Relaxing with great dinner at Iron Cactus. Quiet rooms and great beds. Super fun at the famous Menger Bar.
1 night family trip Jun 9, 2015
Joy
"Spooky Stay"
I stayed on the second floor in the old wing. Room 2005. I slept with all of the lights on and tv on loud I was so freaked out. My boss booked the hotel and I had no idea it was haunted until I stayed there. VERY spooky. Luckily I did not encounter any spirits besides the constant voices and running in the hallway and upstairs. I don't know if they were drunk guests at 3 am or spirits. I was not brave enough to open the door and check.
1 night business trip Jun 4, 2015
Meredith
"Great customer Service!"
Overall the hotel was great. We booked there because we heard it was haunted. During a 3 am walk around the hotel, the night manager greeted us with photos, information and known places of sightings. Really nice guy, he said he had only been there for 6 months but had quite a few stories to tell us. I would stay here again!
1 night family trip Jun 3, 2015
Andrea
"BEAUTIFUL; TEXAS FRIENDLY; HOWEVER....."
Went to visit family for graduation. Heard and read about The Menger for years. BEAUTIFUL!Breakfast buffet was OK, but temps on the warming devices need to be raised. (Cold grits and gravy lose their appeal quickly) Parking prices border on criminal, so you may want to make other arrangements for parking. Probably may stay again.
3 night romance trip Jun 4, 2015
Anthony
"Renovations ongoing, but beautiful hotel"
Some major renovations going on that we were unaware of. The beautiful old lobby was closed off. Understand an historic hotel needs to renovate occasionally, but had we known, we would have postponed our trip. The pool has two gates and two ways to get to the pool, but only one was open. Made it a bit inconvenient to enter from where our room was located. We loved the older furnishings and historic feel. Fantastic location! Overall, the positives outweighed the negatives. Recommend this historic hotel right beside the Alamo and easy was Ok to the riverwalk.
1 night romance trip Jun 5, 2015
"Historic hotel in historic city."
Lovely classic hotel in a wonderful location if visiting San Antonio. You are literally across the street from the Alamo, the shops in the hotel are beautiful and the appointments are lovely. The front desk could be kinder, but the breakfast was delicious and the hotel bar was very nice. The history here was amazing, don't pass it up.
2 night romance trip May 4, 2015
Jamie
"loved the hotel"
My wife and i went there for our 10th anniversary, the hotel was awesome clean, roomy, cold AC and great staff.
1 night romance trip May 31, 2015
KIRBY
"Horrible Shower Experiences"
The stay in the hotel was lovely, it's a beautiful building and the history makes it special. The only thing that spoiled it for me was the shower - why would you have stiff plastic curtains on straight rails over the bath? As soon as the water is turned on the plastic gets sucked in on either side and sticks to your body making it nearly impossible to get properly washed and certainly very uncomfortable. Perhaps you should consider replacing the straight rails with bowed ones and softer waterproof curtains. May seem like a small thing but it has certainly put me off returning to this hotel.
3 night family trip May 29, 2015
Sheila
Staff was very helpful and friendly. Hotel is beautiful.
1 night trip May 30, 2015
Only stayed for one night. Good location. Close to Alamo and River walk and eating places.
1 night business trip May 24, 2015
"The Menger Hotel: History and More."
Coming down to my uncle's funeral, I found I'd arrive well before my son, whose flight was cancelled. I decided to look up a hotel downtown by the riverwalk. The Menger was reasonably priced, so I booked it on my cell phone, a first for me! Imagine my surprise when I saw I could look out my window at the Alamo. I love an old hotel, and the historical exhibits of Teddy Roosevelt's uniforms, pictures of his Rough Riders (recruited out of the Menger Hotel and bar!) and many historical plaques inside and out gave me great historical information. Frank James stayed there, for instance, but less criminal elements as well including the following: according to the San Antonio Herald poet Sidney Lanier and author Oscar Wilde; generals Philip H. Sheridan and Robert E. Lee; baseball legend Babe Ruth; sculptor Gutzon Borglum; actresses Sarah Bernhardt and Mae West; performers William F. “Buffalo Bill” Cody and Annie Oakley; and Presidents Ulysses S. Grant, William McKinley, William Howard Taft, Dwight D. Eisenhower, Richard Nixon, and Bill Clinton. Richard King, founder of the largest ranch in the world died there in 1885; The Menger Hotel is also mentioned several times in the stories of O. Henry who stayed there as well. As a literature teacher and a history buff, I'm very happy to find a place like this with a bar that's been around for nearly 200 years in a hotel that was founded in 1856. I
1 night family trip May 26, 2015
Al
"Historic Beauty"
Lovely hotel restored to its original state. Loved staying in this historic location. The hotel was beautiful!
1 night romance trip May 24, 2015
"Sec deposit"
They took 50 dollars for security deposit and said I would get that back... I have yet to get it back.
1 night trip with friends May 21, 2015
"Amazing Historic Hotel"
Lovely historic hotel in downtown San Antonio--the grandness and history of it all will blow you away. The room was neat and clean, and customer service was great. I really enjoyed the garden/pool area.
Other trip May 26, 2015
Traveler
"Anniversary celebration ."
Second floor balcony was awesome!
1 night romance trip May 22, 2015
Clair
"Great stay in perfect location"
Great stay at the Menger. Very convenient location and great historic property
2 night romance trip May 21, 2015
"Historic hotel located in a superb spot"
My room was in the older wing, and the tub had cracked refinishing and a broken stopper. The hotel has a swell garden, great bar, above average breakfast service, and some very nice shops. I very much enjoyed the Toy Soldier Show which also included a charming reception and a Hollywood personality appearance. Kings X is a very unique and impressive shop.
Dennis
"Nice stay but lacking in some perks!"
We expected the room to be dated as far as the walls, etc. due to the hotel being built in 1836 but were totally surprised at how lacking the added extras were. No small refrigerate in the room was forgivable but would have been a lovely addition to store our water bottles and fudge we bought. The coffee was pot was as small as they come! Want a second cup? That will cost you plenty via room service! In fact the entire room was set up for additional fees. No clean sheets for the bed and no new towels provided during out two night stay (although we made sure to place the used towels on the floor to receive clean ones, as instructed) ... all in all it was a lovely stay without many extras provided which in this day and age are expected at a quality hotel. I will say the garden area was delightful but lacking in seating around the garden(s) and the meal we had at the hotel restaurant was excellent. I did enjoy the shop on the main floor as well as the memorabilia scattered throughout the lower level. And, the bar was quite amazing! A replica of a English pub done so well one thought they were in England. Would I stay again? Well, actually yes I would but I would bring my own towels and pillows and my small coffee pot!
2 night romance trip May 17, 2015
"Fabulous location...rooms need work."
This is an historic hotel in the most central part of town, literally right next to the Alamo. Fabulous antique interior but the rooms need serious updating. Price was VERY reasonable for us and the staff was excellent.
2 night family trip May 20, 2015
Stuart
"Historic Elegance"
Overall, the hotel is phenomenal. Great enclosed patio, sitting area, historic hotel. Great, convenient downtown/Riverwalk location.
monte
"Historic Hotel"
Great hotel across the street from the Alamo and close enough to the river walk to easily go bit not get all the noise. Good pool and good bar. Rooms are a little date but the hotel has been open since the 1850's so really cool.
Adam
"Old Town San Antonio"
We had a marvelous evening. Sipping wine on our balcony - overlooking Alamo Plaza. The staff was excellent. Best I've experienced in a while!
Other trip May 23, 2015
"River Walk and History."
Being located by one of the most well known landmarks in the United States was a joy. The River Walk section was great. Food outstanding and the Hotel was great. Look forward to a return trip in the near future. Was here on business, but next visit will be for vacation. Thanks for the Texas hospitality.
Other trip May 21, 2015
"Wonderful place to stay!"
I was surprised to have been put into a corner room in the older part of the hotel. It felt like I was staying in a bed and breakfast. The room was clean. The vending machine wasn't working on the 4th floor but I have no other complaints. This hotel is really better than the Grand Hyatt that I stayed in on the 4rd night of my stay in San Antonio!
Other trip May 19, 2015
"Weekend at Menger's"
Our first night was eventful as the floor we were on experienced a very bad leak. We were upgraded to a suite and the staff were extremely helpful. It was located central to everything we wanted to see and very accessible. My wife and I will definitely return.
2 night romance trip May 15, 2015
Darren
"Old charm by the Alamo"
Charming hotel great hx
4 night business trip Apr 29, 2015
Warren
"Horrible"
Spa wasn't available half the time. Pool was freezing cold. Not heated. Valet cost is ridiculous. Staff was hit or miss. Valet staff was rude. Only thing this hotel has going for it is the history.
Other trip May 18, 2015
"Still Quality Experience"
Room was European small, but comfortable. Bar is big attraction and does not disappoint. Parking is expensive, but hotel is centrally located to most everything downtown. Old World charm.
1 night business trip May 15, 2015
Allen
"Nice older hotel"
We had a nice stay. The help was very accommodating but the room was in need of an update. Bathroom was just ok. No exhaust fan and shower was not great. We did enjoy the outside gardens and rough rider bar.
Other trip May 9, 2015
cyndi
"The Best ever trip."
every thing was close by we didn't even have to drive took the bus to get around love the tour, Hotel room face the Alamo shops were close by, Dinning at the coloniol was great couldn't have a better time we will have to visit again. Thank you so much.
2 night romance trip May 4, 2015
Adela
"Needs a facelift"
This hotel needs to be maintained better. Yes it is old and that gives it charm but the paint is chipping, the beds are old and uncomfortable and the comforters are cheap and pilling. The service at the bar was subpar.
1 night romance trip Mar 29, 2015
"Rainy Weekend Beside The Alamo"
Old but gracious hotel, across from the Alamo. Weekend before Fiesta. It was raining most of the weekend. Downtown San Antonio is always wonderful.
2 night trip with friends Apr 10, 2015
guy
"The perfect getaway"
My wife and I love this hotel, the location and history are what we're into. It's so close to the river walk, the Alamo, and the mall. Visit the Manger bar and soak in the history, It's the perfect getaway.
1 night romance trip Apr 4, 2015
"Menger is a must stay"
We had never been to San Antonio and I looked and looked for a hotel. Finally I found Menger. The hotel is beautiful and full of history. I can't imagine going and not staying there now. The hotel itself is a landmark located right next to the Alamo. Walk one short block and you are at the Riverwalk. The staff was very friendly and helpful. We loved our stay. I can't say enough about how much we enjoyed our stay.
4 night romance trip May 1, 2015
Phil
"Cool old hotel."
Great location. Close to everything. Cool old historical building. Great bar. Overall really great place to stay.
Other trip May 7, 2015