All hotels in San Antonio, Texas, United States of America
204 Alamo Plaza, San Antonio, TX, 78205, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Fabulous location...rooms need work."
This is an historic hotel in the most central part of town, literally right next to the Alamo. Fabulous antique interior but the rooms need serious updating. Price was VERY reasonable for us and the staff was excellent.
2 night family trip May 20, 2015
Stuart
"Weekend at Menger's"
Our first night was eventful as the floor we were on experienced a very bad leak. We were upgraded to a suite and the staff were extremely helpful. It was located central to everything we wanted to see and very accessible. My wife and I will definitely return.
2 night romance trip May 15, 2015
Darren
"Old charm by the Alamo"
Charming hotel great hx
4 night business trip Apr 29, 2015
Warren
"Still Quality Experience"
Room was European small, but comfortable. Bar is big attraction and does not disappoint. Parking is expensive, but hotel is centrally located to most everything downtown. Old World charm.
1 night business trip May 15, 2015
Allen
"The Best ever trip."
every thing was close by we didn't even have to drive took the bus to get around love the tour, Hotel room face the Alamo shops were close by, Dinning at the coloniol was great couldn't have a better time we will have to visit again. Thank you so much.
2 night romance trip May 4, 2015
Adela
"Needs a facelift"
This hotel needs to be maintained better. Yes it is old and that gives it charm but the paint is chipping, the beds are old and uncomfortable and the comforters are cheap and pilling. The service at the bar was subpar.
1 night romance trip Mar 29, 2015
"Rainy Weekend Beside The Alamo"
Old but gracious hotel, across from the Alamo. Weekend before Fiesta. It was raining most of the weekend. Downtown San Antonio is always wonderful.
2 night trip with friends Apr 10, 2015
guy
"The perfect getaway"
My wife and I love this hotel, the location and history are what we're into. It's so close to the river walk, the Alamo, and the mall. Visit the Manger bar and soak in the history, It's the perfect getaway.
1 night romance trip Apr 4, 2015
"Menger is a must stay"
We had never been to San Antonio and I looked and looked for a hotel. Finally I found Menger. The hotel is beautiful and full of history. I can't imagine going and not staying there now. The hotel itself is a landmark located right next to the Alamo. Walk one short block and you are at the Riverwalk. The staff was very friendly and helpful. We loved our stay. I can't say enough about how much we enjoyed our stay.
4 night romance trip May 1, 2015
Phil
"Cool old hotel but not worth the $$"
Hotel room was small but it is a 150 year old hotel so . Staff had rude attitude and lazy work ethic . I don't know how they expect a tip after their performance. Lobby was nice I appreciated the historic parts.
1 night romance trip May 1, 2015
abram
"Mixed feelings..."
When I checked in, the clerk directed me to the elevator just to the left of the front desk. When I got to the right floor, I found administrative offices. A staff member there sent me back down to the main floor, but did not provide sufficiently detailed directions to find the correct elevator- I wasted time & effort in trying to find it. Vending machines on 3 floors were out of order- more wasted time & effort. I had requested a room fridge- not there, of course. I later overheard others voicing the same complaint while waiting @ the elevator. The room was clean, quiet, comfortable, but walls AND ceiling painted purple-the only color I fervently detest. Plumbing in bath was primitive- shower waxing too hot then too cold without apparent reason; made showering quite unpredictable & uncomfortable. So, no special positive features & an overall negative first impression. Advantage for me was saving a few hundred dollars by not staying at the hotels close to the convention center. Mixed feelings as to whether it was worth it.
5 night business trip Apr 28, 2015
"Not bad"
Was. in the old section of the hotel. It was very quiet, but the room and halls were very small and dank. Not enough lighting
1 night business trip Apr 29, 2015
"Would stay again/ like to see more"
Rooms were very outdated could use some color/ pitchers/ something to brighten up the room I got a great deal $120 for the night but have seen this hotel go up too $300 a night I would be upset paying more than $150 Location is great Stop by the lobby bar - fun times
1 night romance trip Apr 29, 2015
thomas
"One nite across from the Alamo."
We are not the travelers who want to stay in an historic hotel that smells like a musty old folks home. As pretty as the courtyard is we would have taken tea there and stayed in a crisp clean comfortable room--which would NOT have been found at the Menger. Walls appear to have last been painted when teddy Roosevelt's rough riders were there. Black scuffs marks gouges etc. black mold above the crown molding. No drainage in the tub when showering. Scratchy sheets and lack of blankets. No room service!! Empty vending machines. Woeful experience. Ok not horrible but definitely not a good memory. The colonial dining room is beautiful the wait staff fantastic the food meh. But a good place to have a meeting!
Other trip May 1, 2015
Native Texan
"Great hotel next to the Alamo"
The staff is very professional, hotel is a beautiful piece of Texas history, right next to the Alamo. the rooms are comfortable, bathrooms a little small but since it was built in the 1800's, that's expected. I would stay their again.
Other trip Apr 28, 2015
Lynn
"Good hotel; bad valet."
The hotel was nice but the valet (i'm assuming) since they are the only ones who had my key to my vehicle all weekend, stole my new ralph lauren suitcoat and slacks 400 dollar loss. Not sure why but they were missing from my vehicle
2 night romance trip Apr 19, 2015
merle
"Tiny room/Many bathroom issues"
I stayed at the hotel 4/20/15 for two nights in a one bed (double, not even queen) room. The staff was nice and helpful, the room, however, was tiny. The door missed the corner of the bed by inches when opened. The room had all the amenities expected but no room for any of it. The coffee maker was forced to be on the small desk and I had little room for my ironing board. The bathroom was typical exept NO COUNTER SPACE. I was able to put a couple items in the corners of the sink. There was a tiny shelf under the mirror but 3/4 of it was spent holding a tray with a wash rag, signs, and the typical soaps, lotions, and shampoos. The few leftover inches left on the sides of that shelf had "knobs" that stuck up about 1/4" creating an uneven space difficult to use. Then, the shower, also tiny, would not drain quickly. I was only able to take about 5 minute showers before the water level was dangerously close to spilling over the edge of the tub. Lastly, the shower curtain constantly blew in against the side of my body forcing me to keep one hand available to keep the curtain from sticking to me. I hate bathrooms that don't have vents and require you to leave the door open so you don't step into a fog after showering. The water pressure was great, though. Overall, I was quite unpleased with this room. I understand the history of this hotel, but they have a lot of updating to do to that room to make it comfortable. I have two coworkers who have had pleasant stays at the hotel.
Other trip Apr 23, 2015
"The Menger in April"
2 nights, comfortable classic hotel. Good view of Fiesta activities. Immediately accessible to Alamo & River Walk.
2 night romance trip Apr 19, 2015
Edward I
"Bar not up to snuff"
Great location, historic hotel (they are rehabbing the place -- it is needed). Don't buy the hype about the bar -- dark, dreary and seemed dirty.
3 night romance trip Apr 17, 2015
Maria
"Perfect Location...."
All we had to do was walk out the front door of the hotel and we were within walking distance to shops, restaurants, the mall, the visitors center, the Riverwalk and buses or trolleys. It is a perfect location to get anywhere within the city. We would definitely recommend this hotel.
Brenda
"Great time, great Hotel"
4 nights next door to the Alamo and Riverwalk was fantastic. Our room overlooked the swimming pool and had a balcony for enjoyment. The staff were all very courteous and helpful, greeted you each time you walked the hallway. The Colonial Room dining was everything ,if not more, than i expected. Check-in was smooth as was check-out. The hotel staff at the desk helped us with everything from tour packages to making change for us. Wonderful Hotel.
4 night romance trip Apr 11, 2015
"Wonderful stay!"
The staff was wonderful. The hotel was beautiful. We will definetly be returning back soon!
1 night trip Apr 17, 2015
Ricardo
"Good Location. Slow Elevators."
Bad room climate control. Slow Elevators. Old Hotel not handicap friendly. Good Location.
lynn
"Ok. But historical marker adds money to stay"
It was a clean but very old hotel. Many presidents have stayed there but very few renovations have been done. The walls are paper thin and you hear EVERYTHING!!!! Would recommend but only if you get a good deal on the price. Location can't be beat right across the street from the Alamo and adjacent to the downtown mall
charles
"Overall great stay"
I would have given the hotel condition 5 star rating if there hadn't been a lingering scent in the hallways that made it smell like an attic all the time.
1 night family trip Apr 18, 2015
"Tiny Room. No Free Parking. No Free Breakfast."
Definitely not worth the nearly $200 per night that I paid for the smallest hotel room I've ever crammed into. Honestly I should have slept in my truck. Which by the way cost me $30 per day to keep parked in their garage. Absolutely zero free parking. No free breakfast. The entire hotel lobby felt like a mini mall with all the shops. The room was clean and the staff was friendly to a team member. Besides that the only redeeming quality of this otherwise underwhelming hotel is its proximity to the river walk. Next stay in San Antonio will be at something a little more modern in its convenience as well as its approach to modern visitor expectations. Like holiday inn.
Other trip Apr 20, 2015
"The hotel was across the street from the Alamo."
From the time we pulled in to park our car the staff took control. Our car, our luggage, which they delivered directly to our room. Excellent!
Other trip Apr 18, 2015
"Close to the alamo"
The menger hotel was great and was real close to the alamo,mall
Other trip Apr 17, 2015
kristi
"Loved our stay!"
Loved the antique look of this hotel. It was just beautiful! Very close to the Alamo and Riverwalk. Next time we'll book early at the spa too!
1 night romance trip Apr 10, 2015
Julia
"Great Place"
Excellent location Staff is very kind, and anticipated your needs, I was very impress that at my time of checking out a gentleman, came to me and ask to call the valet service to bring my car even with out me requesting it. Aside you get a welcome gift as soon as you check inn. was not aware, very nice.
Other trip Apr 13, 2015
Omar
"Old World Charm"
Old World style hotel in downtown San Antonio. Across the street from the Alamo and walking distance to to the Riverwalk. Comfortable rooms, small like European hotels, but very clean and comfortable.
1 night trip with friends Apr 8, 2015
Julia
I recommend this hotel highly. Next door to The Alamo and across the street from River Walk. E
Other trip Apr 11, 2015
"Like sleeping in the streets!"
Although it was easy to walk to the riverwalk and some fun local entertainment, the hotel was very noisy. People in the hallways were extremely loud each night and the people walking by outside were also loud. We could even hear our next door neighbor relieving himself in his bathroom. It was freezing in the room even though we had the air OFF but the fan would not stop blowing. There was mildew along the window panes and in the bathroom tiles. The carpeting was filthy. Even after my shower, walking around in the room barefooted made my feet dirty. Outside our door was a lovely bucket with a dirty towel shoved in it to catch the falling water from the watered down ceiling above. While the history of the place was nostalgic, my memories hopefully will soon be as well. I would not recommend this hotel to my friends.
Other trip Apr 10, 2015
Denise
"Anniversary in S.Antonio"
The hotel location.. to the Alamo and Riverwalk.. was EXCELLENT. Our room was refurbished and comfortable, except a/c would go no lower than 73-74 degrees, warm in night. The bathroom was up from floor level, and clean. Loved the antique and historical aspects of lobby, restaurant, bar. Bar a great place at end of day/night to relax with a nightcap, then walk to room. I would return to the Menger if revisiting San Antonio. The city, the Texas history, draw my husband and I annually, as we are Colorado displaced native Texans.
Other trip Apr 9, 2015
BAT girl
"Ghost stay"
Beautiful hotel
2 night family trip Apr 3, 2015
Antonio
"Excellent San Antonio riverwalk stay"
This was one of the best stays we have had in San Antonio. Service was great-we received an upgraded room that was large and had a balcony overlooking the pool. The Easter brunch on Sunday was one of the best I have ever had. Location is perfect-we could walk to our event at the Alamodome. Excellent on all accounts.
2 night family trip Apr 3, 2015
"Very outdated!"
Very outdated!
2 night romance trip Apr 3, 2015
Brandi
"The price reflect the hotel"
The best thing about hotel was valet. Floor dirty and beds small. Internet and TV didn't work. One+ hours for maintence to come. And elevators out during our stay. Management did call and apologize. Otherwise not a decent hotel.
Other trip Apr 6, 2015
"The Menger Hotel - San Antonio, TX"
The Menger is an old hotel filled with history next to the Alamo, with clean larger rooms. The staff works hard to take care of your every need from meeting spaces to recreational planning. The restaurant has a quality breakfast buffet. I recommend you take a hard look at this hotel when planning your trip to San Antonio.
3 night business trip Mar 29, 2015
Dennis
Beautiful hotel with excellent service. In the heart of everything.
Other trip Apr 4, 2015
"Decent hotel, cool history..."
The lobby and restaurant are beautiful...the rooms can use some updating.
Other trip Apr 1, 2015
Kristen
Room was dirty and air conditioning didn't work properly was told by front desk problem would be taken care of and never was. The maintenance man came to room and or old me they new this room had a huge hole in ducks.
1 night family trip Mar 28, 2015
"Amazing!"
We booked a standard king for a stay over after the Spurs game. I honestly cannot review the room we booked. The Menger upgraded our room to one of their luxury suites, as they were hosting a college formal that had them sold out, and they anticipated the inconvenience of such a large group. Simply put, the room was breathtaking! This is a beautiful historic hotel, with much to see! The room was clean, large, 10 foot ceilings, windows from floor to ceilings, beautiful antique furnishings, the bed was comfortable. The staff is excellent. The breakfast buffet at the hotel restaurant is amazing. Valet is fast, accommodating and helpful. Hotel is located across the street from the Alamo. 10 Minutes from AT&T Center. The pool is clean, and well maintained, though we did not use it, we did see people swimming in it at 10am. Overall, we had a wonderful stay and cannot wait to stay here again!
1 night romance trip Mar 27, 2015
Prime location to downtown, convention center. Outdated without the charm. Staff not particularly flexible or accommodating. Bedding and linens less than desirable.
Other trip Mar 29, 2015
"Nice hotel and close to everything"
Nice rooms, nice staff, easy to find, close to the River Walk and convention center.
Other trip Mar 28, 2015
I went to San Antonio for a Convention at another hotel, My stay at the Menger was delightful, the resturant food is excellent
Other trip Mar 26, 2015
great space; great room; clean and well appointed; great location; and helpful staff.
Other trip Mar 24, 2015
"Sweet, historic hotel."
Fourth stay at this historic hotel. Directly across the street from the Alamo. Always sad to leave.
4 night business trip Mar 18, 2015
Ted
"Near convention center and tourist area. Very Conv"
Historic hotel with lots to appreciate. Rooms could probably stand some updating but mostly clean. Fitness area desperately needs new equipment. Restaurant is first class a with a wonderful breakfast and dinner. Run efficiently it seems.
Other trip Mar 23, 2015
Garry
"Poor service, and dingy room, ."
It was a dismal visit. The room I had requested was not available. Since I booked through Hotel.com they decided to give me a corner end room adjacent to the elevator wall, and the catering and general offices. I immediately went back down stairs and ask for another room and was told that's the only room available, even though I was standing in front of a line of people trying to check in. The young man who checked me in at the counter then sent me to the wrong side of the building, and then when asked about it, he said "oops" The room itself was about the same size as an average home master closet. The room was very worn and the hotel maintenance staff had to come and unclog the bathtub/shower drain,but they were nice enough to leave the large ball of hair they pulled out in the toilet for me to flush.
2 night romance trip Mar 13, 2015