All hotels in Malden, Massachusetts, United States of America
321 Broadway, Malden, MA, 02148, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9479

2.8
    2.4
"good"
Just good good good good good, good morning zaibuxing jiu nu bu yongle
Other trip May 6, 2014
"Ok hotel. Walking distance from restaurants"
Even though it was for one night , the hotel left something to be desired. Clean rooms but very small. There is ample space in the back for them to extend the rooms a bit.
Other trip Apr 29, 2014
"Terrible"
It's a terrible hotel in a terrible area. The only good thing is there is a bed inside.
Other trip Apr 9, 2014
Aden
"Not bad at all"
As long as you don't expect the Ritz, this motel works just fine. I will say this though, if they're going to put flat screen HD tvs in the rooms, the tvs should show HD. They're not connected to the cable box with hdmi wires. Kind of a waste of a good tv.
1 night trip Feb 18, 2014
JD
"Outside of boston"
The place smelled liked someone smoked in everywhere. The breakfast was not much to talk about all I saw was coffee and toast.
Other trip Feb 17, 2014
"Never again"
I get into the room it wasnt finished being made up, no towels or blanket. There were needles in the tissue container, when i called front desk they said they would havw someone come get it. Did Not offer mea different room. The said blanket would be there in 30 mins never showed up.
Other trip Jan 14, 2014
Holly
"Unhappy"
Even for an inexpensive hotel, this was very poor. The person at the desk was quite uninvolved, unhelpful. The room was very small, bed uncomfortable, paint peeling on the walls, TV from another room could be heard until 3:00 in the morning, the neighborhood was very seedy and uncomfortable. This hotel shouldn't be on Hotel.com
1 night trip Dec 4, 2013
"Rude help"
It was loud, dirty, I couldn't check in due to the water being off .. When I did check in there was hair all over the bathroom floor .
Other trip Dec 8, 2013
unhappy
"Avoid this place at all costs!"
It was dirty everywhere. Broken door lock, broken power outlets, mold in the bathroom. I cant believe its a Econo Lodge! They must not know how bad it is! Thru Expedia I paid $95. @ $20 Im wouldn't stay there. We flew in late so had little other options. I'd sleep at the Airport first.
Other trip Nov 17, 2013
"You get what you paid for"
Nothing fancy. Just a decent room to spend the night and leave in the morning. A little far from downtown boston but still accessible via metro and bus.
1 night trip Nov 8, 2013
Reza
Pleasurable
Other trip Nov 4, 2013
"Depressed area of town."
This motel is situated in a rather dreary part if town which detracts from the overall experience. Though the rooms are clean and the bed is comfortable, they are a bit dark and old looking. Adding to this dark atmosphere was inadequate lighting. We were annoyed with the tv as it was quite complicated to get programming in and when you did, the motel had fixed the volume in such a way as you could not turn it up to a loud enough level to hear it easily. We were only staying one night so we didn't careuch for extras. Gotta say, though, we were happy with the soap! The receptionist was less than endearing. Cold and uncaring. For $100 a night, which may seem cheap to you, I would have liked a brighter room with a properly functioning tv.
Other trip Nov 2, 2013
Penny
"Okay for price"
This motel was just okay. It was definitely a lower price motel, but the daily rate was lower. We only needed a place to sleep and get dressed for a day's sightseeing in the Boston area and the Econo Lodge Malden served the purpose. The first night, when we arrived, my wife opened the night stand drawer and saw 2 or 3 insects (which I promptly squashed!). No insects sight after that. The bedding was clean and the room temperature comfortable. The room served our purposes but was "nothing to write home about"!
4 night trip with friends Oct 18, 2013
George Stewart
"convenient but never going back"
This place was affordable and close to the T station in Boston which made it a good choice. However, the non-smoking room smelled like smoke and the staff was very indifferent when we made contact. The free breakfast they claim they have only includes muffins, cereal and toast with only coffee or juice to drink. Very lame. One evening we came back to the room to discover my key card wouldn't work and my sister didn't have hers so we went to the front desk (about 12:30 am) to get the key reset. No one was at the desk and no one answered the phone. We ended up waiting close to 30 minutes for someone to show up only to not care that we had been waiting and didn't say a word to us. I asked for an apology which he gave without sincerity or meeting my eyes. I was all too happy to leave that place.
3 night trip Oct 10, 2013
MC
"Smelly room"
Nice breakfast for this type of hotel but overall we were disappointed as our room was very smokey smelling in a non-smoking room. Also our toilet would flush on its own at random times. The hotel is in an iffy neighborhood with nothing within walking distance. It didn't seem friendly or inviting but hotel staff was pleasant when they were available.
Other trip Oct 16, 2013
Josh
Very out of the way, seeing that my business was in Boston. However, the price fit my budget. All-in-all, okay. Would satay there again if needed to fit in my budget.
2 night trip Oct 9, 2013
"Don't waste your time and money."
Just one word, Horrible. Regret ever making the reservation. Was meant to spend seven nights, spent just one. I couldn't even sleep. It's not worth half the price.
Other trip Oct 13, 2013
"Only wanted two things"
I only wanted two things. 1.A comfortable bed and my bed and room were comfortable. 2.A cab at 4 a.m. to get me to the airport for an early fllight. I went down at 3:55 for me cab and the driver was walking in the door when I arrived to check out.
1 night trip Oct 7, 2013
Jim Adams
"Inexpensive motel near the Airport"
This motel was adequate for a late night stay after returning from the West Coast.
Other trip Oct 9, 2013
Bucky
"Comfortable, quiet, and clean."
The hotel was 10 minute from the airport. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The beds were comfortable. For the price paid, it was worth our stay. The hallways and parking lot were clean.
Other trip Oct 9, 2013
"Not recommendedd"
safe did not work, not a very safe neighborhood, heard everything around us
Other trip Sep 23, 2013
"Not a great neighborhood"
The hotel ended up being a $30 cab ride from the airport so not exactly convenient (although I think the taxi driver over-charged me since the return the next day was only $18). There was nothing convenient about the location either - no shopping, restaurants, stores. The hotel personnel were helpful and friendly, but the hotel is semi-rundown. The room was satisfactory, but old and unkempt. And there wasn't even a coffee maker in the room. I would not return to this location.
1 night trip Sep 18, 2013
"I'm surprised expedia even lists this hotel"
By far, the worst hotel I've ever stayed in, and I've stayed in "rent by the hour" places. I seriously think that even the drug dealers won't stay there anymore because it smells so bad. The bed was horrible, the pillows about 1 inch thick, the sheets were yellow (not by design). It took 2 days before I stopped smelling the room when I exhaled. Seriously, seriously bad. We even called other hotels trying to move and there were no vacancies in the state. If we would have had a rental car, we would have slept in it. Yes- it was that bad and I'm not exaggerating. Don't do it.
Other trip Sep 22, 2013
"it's pretty nice hotel nothing wrong with it"
I say it's an OK hotel . They come every day and clean the room and everything . Paint on walls is faded a little bit .
Other trip Sep 19, 2013
suliman
"Not bad."
1.I enjoyed u have the option to choose to get a smoker's room or a regular room. 2.my room had a fridge and a mircrowave for my use only so it was pretty cool. 3.the room was pretty clean. 4.the shower was spotless. 5.the staff was kind, 6.the location is pretty good considering there are a lot of stores around by walking distance. overall I enjoyed my stay there but for a 120$ a night I would of expect for more. there are much more affordable places which are closer to the airprt.you guys just have to look it up. Enjoy our stay in Boston. (:
Other trip Sep 11, 2013
T.M
"Do you like the smell of Urine?"
Wow, what a dump. We were very disgusted. Hotel staff is pretty surly. Rooms are smelly. Our TV never worked. Maid service really did not clean well (the used shampoo dispenser stayed in shower for our 5 day stay!) Hallways smells like urine. There NO paper towels in the main bathroom for our entire 5 day stay.Overall disgusting experience.
Other trip Aug 29, 2013
"Room smell like alcohol"
I have to ask for an air freshener for the room.
1 night trip Aug 24, 2013
"Not Cool."
cheap in a bad sense.
3 night trip Aug 21, 2013
cc
"Wouldn't Do it Again"
Many of the things wrong with this hotel have nothing to do with the hotel itself. It is out of the way, not near any restaurants or shops. The other guests were loud and obnoxious, waking me up at 4:30 in the morning with their arguing and shouting. The staff were pleasant and helpful, but this place is definitely not a first choice. That being said, the room was comfortable and clean, and did have some good amenities like a refrigerator and microwave. If you need a hotel close to the Boston airport, this isn't it.
Other trip Aug 14, 2013
Allison
"DO NOT STAY THERE"
Would have been better to sleep in the gutter. It would have been cleaner.
1 night family trip Aug 9, 2013
room was clean but smelled. Not impresive. Would not stay again.
1 night trip Aug 3, 2013
"Not at all good"
The room is dirty and not well maintained. The Wi-Fi has poor signal. Did not get the response promptly from the service desk when it was needed.
4 night trip Jul 30, 2013
I was disappointed to find no hair dryer in room which I didn't realilze until I was preparing to shower at 4AM and I hadn't received the wakeup call I had requested.
1 night trip Jul 24, 2013
ssemakai
"Possibly one of the grossest hotels I've ever been"
If you could take the smell that was in this room and bottle it, the factory that would produce it would be shut down for some sort of health code violation. Where do I begin? The TV with one channel? The toilet that was dirty? The bathtub with barely any pressure? The air conditioner that was set at 43.5 degrees Fahrenheit? 3 words: Don't stay there.
Other trip Jul 24, 2013
"great value for the price"
I thought that this particular hotel was very clean. The location was conventient and the price was reasonable for a family on a budget.
1 night family trip Jul 19, 2013
"3rd World Level"
Extremely run down. Rooms overused, stinky, dirty, filthy. Did not feel comfortable laying down into bed. At least sheets seemed clean.
Other trip Jul 18, 2013
"Convenient"
We stayed one night here, the room was quiet, very clean & comfortable. Staff was very helpful & looked up an address for us, gave us directions & extra towels. It was close to the airport & very convenient.
Other trip Jun 25, 2013
marilyn
"Convenient"
As I was in need of a convenient place, I settled for a smoking room which had an unfortunate atmosphere... maybe the other rooms are better.
1 night business trip Jun 10, 2013
"Deceptive Pic on Exp - false front & NO LIFT"
great staff room had a bad smell was "No Smoking: but for HOW LONG" not happy to find no elevator
Other trip Jun 12, 2013
"Not clean at all"
The room was a smoking room and smelled as if someone had just finished chain smoking an entire pack in the room. There was hair in all the linens on the bed and hair all over the bathroom.....
1 night trip Jun 6, 2013
"Disgusting"
I booked a non-smoking room but it smelled of smoke inside AND i could smell fresh smoke all night. I couldn't sleep it was so bad. Also the place is very run down and not very clean. DON'T STAY HERE. Cheap but you get what you pay for.
Other trip Jun 1, 2013
Mel
Not good at all for the money paid
1 night trip May 6, 2013
Sixto
This hotel would've been rated much better BUT.... 1) They charged me $60 extra because I wanted to switch from smoking to non smoking when I got there, WHICH IS THE SAME PRICE (non smoking was sold out when I booked). 2) The toilet kept clogging up. When we called the front desk they brought us a plunger and we had to do all the maintenance ourselves. 3) Our key card kept deactivating and we had to keep calling the front desk and waiting by our door for someone to come up and bring new key cards.
2 night trip May 4, 2013
PinkPanther
"nightmare"
The room stinks. It was ugly And it was too expensive for being so crappy
Other trip Apr 26, 2013
Alexa
"Terrible"
Dirty, smelly, old, moldy and very sketchy. Arrived at three am and they had no rooms even though I had made a reservation and ended up in a smoking room that smelled terrible The blanket had cigarette burns and the bathroom floors stiky. Ceilings were moldy with dust on the corners.
Other trip Apr 7, 2013
Truocnateb
dirty, rude and extremely unfriendly staff.................I have MS and live off SSDI and I never would have wasted $100 on that hotel, ruined my entire time.
1 night trip Mar 28, 2013
"close to our event."
We were less than 5 miles from our event we went to.
1 night trip Mar 16, 2013
"Should pay people to stay here - HORRIFIC!!!"
Upon arrival, the hotel appeared very run down, unkempt, and had a very rank odor. The staff was very rude when checking in. Unable to stay at the hotel because of the foul odor as soon as the room door was opened. Tried to cancel due to conditions, but were told it was too late. Had to locate another hotel for the evening.
Other trip Mar 24, 2013
"Review econo !"
It wasn't a bad place. It was decent. It was clean, good location. I would stay there again.
1 night trip with friends Mar 16, 2013
Sierra
"oi"
honestly the room stunk and the bullet proof windows on the office downstairs would make any european feel like use really is a penal colony: it's time to accept that use has a bad rep, and act upon improving the rep of use in the world at large. hello: it's 2013: you can't fool the entire world: basic problems alike gun violence, domestic violence, bad public transportation, bad manners and unfairly priced universities don't make us americans look good. i was born in use, and it's a shame we have such a bad rep. and it's because of places like this!
1 night business trip Feb 24, 2013