All hotels in Malden, Massachusetts, United States of America

Service is adequate
    Dirty
    Room is not nice
    Poor vibe
Standard room. Got what I paid for. Construction/renovation of rooms across the way was a minor nuisance from a smell standpoint, but tolerable.
1 night trip Aug 24, 2014
The hotel was really run down and dirty. There were cigarette burns in the blankets and sheets. I could hear noises in the hallway all night. The air conditions in the room smelled of mold, so I had to shut it off and open the windows.
Other trip Aug 19, 2014
Overall an okay hotel for the price, the environment felt like there was lots of smoke in the building.
Other trip Aug 13, 2014
Jonathan
"close to all must-see sights"
Good hotel but noisy, It`s better to stay on the 2nd floor in order to be more quite
3 night family trip Aug 3, 2014
Alain Gros
"Only Hotel in Malden"
We had some family visiting Malden, so we needed to get a room for a week. This is really your only option for rooms in Malden, so there's no competition to keep the prices in check. I felt like 130 dollars a night (for 2 queen beds, taxes included) was too high. Breakfast was mediocre at best, and the rooms weren't very clean at all (my socks turned black from walking on the carpet). Ultimately, it's okay for a cheap place to stay, except it's not cheap.
Jake
"Hotel from hell."
No elevator. My room was on second floor. Difficult to get luggage upstairs. Located in bad part of town. I slept in my clothes. There was a terrible stench of urine throughout. Only one place to eat in walking distance and it was awful.
Other trip Jul 21, 2014
C
"a little out of the way"
Hi, I wish that the hotel was located closer to the T.The room was clean enough but opening the door from the inside was difficult at times-it can be dangerous if there is a fire and a need to exit the room right away.All in all it was an enjoyable stay.Thank-you.
3 night trip with friends Jul 7, 2014
Linda Winer
"I want my money back now!"
I cannot believe that Expedia does business with this place. My room looked liked someone was murdered in it. When I arrived I opened the front door and and the smell of human urine filled the air. How is this possible?? I will NEVER use Expedia again over this and will tell my friends the same. Unbelievable and unacceptable!!
Other trip Jun 30, 2014
A
"Inexpensive, yet far from action."
We stayed for quite a few days as we were in town to visit both Boston and spent a day in Rhode Island in Providence and Newport. Many downtown attractions can be accessed by public transportation from the hotel in about 30-45minutes which was fine with us since we didn't want to spend on taxis or car rentals. There is a bus stop across the street from the hotel which takes you to Malden Center Station where one can jump on the Orange Line T and head in downtown and go to many places and even transfer to the airport. There was breakfast every morning of coffee, juice, toast, donuts and cereal. The cons of the hotel is that there seem to be quite a few guests that "live" in the hotel. While we were there we noticed about 2 guests that had been evicted due to not paying their bill. Also for about 3 nights the guest next to our room smoked both cigarettes and there seemed to be a smell of marijuana as well coming in through the vents. On the last night we heard loud banging on the floor and it seems that local Malden Police were called along with a K-9 unit. It might have been a possible drug bust, the front desk just said that "a customer needed specific service and the barking should be done soon." If you are able to rough it for a few nights and enjoy the city I would recommend. I would not recommend for families with small children though.
7 night family trip May 27, 2014
JM
"Inconsiderate staff"
Hotel clerk, was not friendly, made no effort to assist, when approached with an issue with room. Was very curt & boarder line rude.
Other trip May 31, 2014
"Econo lodge"
The room was standard. You pay for what you get. My only complaints would be travel info and the counter in the bathroom was extremely slanted and held up by a table leg.
2 night trip May 23, 2014
"OK"
Asked for non smoking and only got smoking room
Other trip May 24, 2014
"Worse."
Bad. My wife . Described it terrible ? Never stayed a hotel like this at this piece.
Other trip May 24, 2014
sbg
"it was close to tufts"
the hotel was fine only there one night. What took me back was when we checked in person at desk behind glass with a metal slot to pass papers through. My first thought was how safe is this place going to be.
1 night trip May 17, 2014
"First Memories of Boston"
We had never been to Boston before, We were trying to find a place to sleep that would not break the bank. This one was fairly close to the Airport so we booked it. Driving in Boston and finding it was a real adventure. By the time we got there it was late, we were tired and hungry. The accommodations were ok, they were going through a remodel. Because of that it was not at it's most pristine, but it was serviceable. If you are headed north from Boston this may be one that you might consider.
1 night family trip May 14, 2014
"BedBug in bedsheet"
It was good except I began to have rash and I was itching. Woke up to find bedbug. Notified the front desk and they gracefully changed the room which I didn't have problem with.
3 night business trip May 1, 2014
MM
"bed bug in hotel"
I began to itch with rash around mid-night and found bed bug over the quilt!!! I even took the pic. The hotel did change the room but with that event....No NO. Too expensive for what they offer!!!
3 night business trip May 1, 2014
MM
"In Malden, close to everything"
The neighborhood isnt the greatest but the way the motel is designed you feel safe; the staff is nice and the rooms are very nice- comfy beds and spacious and clean. Would recommend this motel to anyone who wants to be close to everything in Malden, Ma.
Other trip May 10, 2014
"good"
Just good good good good good, good morning zaibuxing jiu nu bu yongle
Other trip May 6, 2014
"Ok hotel. Walking distance from restaurants"
Even though it was for one night , the hotel left something to be desired. Clean rooms but very small. There is ample space in the back for them to extend the rooms a bit.
Other trip Apr 29, 2014
"Terrible"
It's a terrible hotel in a terrible area. The only good thing is there is a bed inside.
Other trip Apr 9, 2014
Aden
"Not bad at all"
As long as you don't expect the Ritz, this motel works just fine. I will say this though, if they're going to put flat screen HD tvs in the rooms, the tvs should show HD. They're not connected to the cable box with hdmi wires. Kind of a waste of a good tv.
1 night trip Feb 18, 2014
JD
"Outside of boston"
The place smelled liked someone smoked in everywhere. The breakfast was not much to talk about all I saw was coffee and toast.
Other trip Feb 17, 2014
"Good stay if you want cheap"
Easy to find. It was ok for the money and room was in good condition. Not a great neighborhood. So would be cautious about walking alone at night. I didn't like that they said "no guests allowed!" My son who lives in the area came by and asked the front desk what room I was in and they called me in my room and told me I could not have guests??? never heard of that before.
1 night business trip Feb 1, 2014
"Never again"
I get into the room it wasnt finished being made up, no towels or blanket. There were needles in the tissue container, when i called front desk they said they would havw someone come get it. Did Not offer mea different room. The said blanket would be there in 30 mins never showed up.
Other trip Jan 14, 2014
Holly
"Unhappy"
Even for an inexpensive hotel, this was very poor. The person at the desk was quite uninvolved, unhelpful. The room was very small, bed uncomfortable, paint peeling on the walls, TV from another room could be heard until 3:00 in the morning, the neighborhood was very seedy and uncomfortable. This hotel shouldn't be on Hotel.com
1 night trip Dec 4, 2013
"Rude help"
It was loud, dirty, I couldn't check in due to the water being off .. When I did check in there was hair all over the bathroom floor .
Other trip Dec 8, 2013
unhappy
"Avoid this place at all costs!"
It was dirty everywhere. Broken door lock, broken power outlets, mold in the bathroom. I cant believe its a Econo Lodge! They must not know how bad it is! Thru Expedia I paid $95. @ $20 Im wouldn't stay there. We flew in late so had little other options. I'd sleep at the Airport first.
Other trip Nov 17, 2013
"You get what you paid for"
Nothing fancy. Just a decent room to spend the night and leave in the morning. A little far from downtown boston but still accessible via metro and bus.
1 night trip Nov 8, 2013
Reza
Pleasurable
Other trip Nov 4, 2013
"Depressed area of town."
This motel is situated in a rather dreary part if town which detracts from the overall experience. Though the rooms are clean and the bed is comfortable, they are a bit dark and old looking. Adding to this dark atmosphere was inadequate lighting. We were annoyed with the tv as it was quite complicated to get programming in and when you did, the motel had fixed the volume in such a way as you could not turn it up to a loud enough level to hear it easily. We were only staying one night so we didn't careuch for extras. Gotta say, though, we were happy with the soap! The receptionist was less than endearing. Cold and uncaring. For $100 a night, which may seem cheap to you, I would have liked a brighter room with a properly functioning tv.
Other trip Nov 2, 2013
Penny
"Okay for price"
This motel was just okay. It was definitely a lower price motel, but the daily rate was lower. We only needed a place to sleep and get dressed for a day's sightseeing in the Boston area and the Econo Lodge Malden served the purpose. The first night, when we arrived, my wife opened the night stand drawer and saw 2 or 3 insects (which I promptly squashed!). No insects sight after that. The bedding was clean and the room temperature comfortable. The room served our purposes but was "nothing to write home about"!
4 night trip with friends Oct 18, 2013
George Stewart
"convenient but never going back"
This place was affordable and close to the T station in Boston which made it a good choice. However, the non-smoking room smelled like smoke and the staff was very indifferent when we made contact. The free breakfast they claim they have only includes muffins, cereal and toast with only coffee or juice to drink. Very lame. One evening we came back to the room to discover my key card wouldn't work and my sister didn't have hers so we went to the front desk (about 12:30 am) to get the key reset. No one was at the desk and no one answered the phone. We ended up waiting close to 30 minutes for someone to show up only to not care that we had been waiting and didn't say a word to us. I asked for an apology which he gave without sincerity or meeting my eyes. I was all too happy to leave that place.
3 night trip Oct 10, 2013
MC
"Smelly room"
Nice breakfast for this type of hotel but overall we were disappointed as our room was very smokey smelling in a non-smoking room. Also our toilet would flush on its own at random times. The hotel is in an iffy neighborhood with nothing within walking distance. It didn't seem friendly or inviting but hotel staff was pleasant when they were available.
Other trip Oct 16, 2013
Josh
Very out of the way, seeing that my business was in Boston. However, the price fit my budget. All-in-all, okay. Would satay there again if needed to fit in my budget.
2 night trip Oct 9, 2013
"Don't waste your time and money."
Just one word, Horrible. Regret ever making the reservation. Was meant to spend seven nights, spent just one. I couldn't even sleep. It's not worth half the price.
Other trip Oct 13, 2013
"Only wanted two things"
I only wanted two things. 1.A comfortable bed and my bed and room were comfortable. 2.A cab at 4 a.m. to get me to the airport for an early fllight. I went down at 3:55 for me cab and the driver was walking in the door when I arrived to check out.
1 night trip Oct 7, 2013
Jim Adams
"Inexpensive motel near the Airport"
This motel was adequate for a late night stay after returning from the West Coast.
Other trip Oct 9, 2013
Bucky
"Comfortable, quiet, and clean."
The hotel was 10 minute from the airport. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The beds were comfortable. For the price paid, it was worth our stay. The hallways and parking lot were clean.
Other trip Oct 9, 2013
"Not recommendedd"
safe did not work, not a very safe neighborhood, heard everything around us
Other trip Sep 23, 2013
"Not a great neighborhood"
The hotel ended up being a $30 cab ride from the airport so not exactly convenient (although I think the taxi driver over-charged me since the return the next day was only $18). There was nothing convenient about the location either - no shopping, restaurants, stores. The hotel personnel were helpful and friendly, but the hotel is semi-rundown. The room was satisfactory, but old and unkempt. And there wasn't even a coffee maker in the room. I would not return to this location.
1 night trip Sep 18, 2013
"I'm surprised expedia even lists this hotel"
By far, the worst hotel I've ever stayed in, and I've stayed in "rent by the hour" places. I seriously think that even the drug dealers won't stay there anymore because it smells so bad. The bed was horrible, the pillows about 1 inch thick, the sheets were yellow (not by design). It took 2 days before I stopped smelling the room when I exhaled. Seriously, seriously bad. We even called other hotels trying to move and there were no vacancies in the state. If we would have had a rental car, we would have slept in it. Yes- it was that bad and I'm not exaggerating. Don't do it.
Other trip Sep 22, 2013
"it's pretty nice hotel nothing wrong with it"
I say it's an OK hotel . They come every day and clean the room and everything . Paint on walls is faded a little bit .
Other trip Sep 19, 2013
suliman
"Not bad."
1.I enjoyed u have the option to choose to get a smoker's room or a regular room. 2.my room had a fridge and a mircrowave for my use only so it was pretty cool. 3.the room was pretty clean. 4.the shower was spotless. 5.the staff was kind, 6.the location is pretty good considering there are a lot of stores around by walking distance. overall I enjoyed my stay there but for a 120$ a night I would of expect for more. there are much more affordable places which are closer to the airprt.you guys just have to look it up. Enjoy our stay in Boston. (:
Other trip Sep 11, 2013
T.M
"Do you like the smell of Urine?"
Wow, what a dump. We were very disgusted. Hotel staff is pretty surly. Rooms are smelly. Our TV never worked. Maid service really did not clean well (the used shampoo dispenser stayed in shower for our 5 day stay!) Hallways smells like urine. There NO paper towels in the main bathroom for our entire 5 day stay.Overall disgusting experience.
Other trip Aug 29, 2013
"Room smell like alcohol"
I have to ask for an air freshener for the room.
1 night trip Aug 24, 2013
"Not Cool."
cheap in a bad sense.
3 night trip Aug 21, 2013
cc
"Wouldn't Do it Again"
Many of the things wrong with this hotel have nothing to do with the hotel itself. It is out of the way, not near any restaurants or shops. The other guests were loud and obnoxious, waking me up at 4:30 in the morning with their arguing and shouting. The staff were pleasant and helpful, but this place is definitely not a first choice. That being said, the room was comfortable and clean, and did have some good amenities like a refrigerator and microwave. If you need a hotel close to the Boston airport, this isn't it.
Other trip Aug 14, 2013
Allison
"DO NOT STAY THERE"
Would have been better to sleep in the gutter. It would have been cleaner.
1 night family trip Aug 9, 2013
room was clean but smelled. Not impresive. Would not stay again.
1 night trip Aug 3, 2013