All hotels in Secaucus, New Jersey, United States of America
15 Meadowlands Parkway, Secaucus, NJ, 07094, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Nice place."
Check in was efficient, lady was cheerful and friendly. Plenty of parking. The only negative was the shower did not give a good spray pattern, plenty of water, it just did not spray correctly. I will definitely come back.
2 night family trip May 8, 2015
"Not what we expected to get."
For a plus hotel, we did not get what was stated on expedia. In the listing for the room, it said "stadium view", there wasn't a stadium even close by. There was supposed to be a refrigerator and microwave in the room, there wasn't one. And to top it off, the bedspread on the bed was stained. When brought to the managers attention, he said, "it's not dirty, it's just stained". A staff member came to the door with another bedspread, it was stained too, when brought to her attention, she gave the exact same response, "it's not dirty, its just stained. Are they trained to say that??? The staff was nice, but I would not recommend this hotel to anyone. When you pay over a hundred dollars a night for a room, it should at very least, not have stained linens.
Other trip May 11, 2015
"Expected better for the price"
Air conditioner was virtually inoperable, and the toilet was stopped up, overflowing on the second night of our stay. We left in the middle of the night.
2 night romance trip May 7, 2015
Jerrold
"Much better than expected . Close to NYC"
Location Location location. As many other reviewers mentioned, the proximity to NYC is a huge thing . You can take a 20 min bus (129) and you will arrive at Port Authority bus terminal near Times Square. The NJ bus route 129 departs from in from of the hotel (until 9 AM ) or you have to take a 5 min walk after that to the Bus Stop. if you chose to rent a car (don't recommend if you are doing NY ) , they have free parking and the hotel is 1 minute off NJ turnpike. In addition to that, I was actually pleasantly surprised with how nice the room was . The room was clean and well furnished . The staff was really helpful. I would definitely recommend going there if you want an affordable accommodations near NYC .
Other trip May 6, 2015
fksoliman
"New York trip"
Air conditioning didn't work and the room was extremely hot.
2 night family trip Apr 29, 2015
Rona
They were good, The room was clean, the place was quiet. It was cozy and worth the money.
2 night trip Apr 29, 2015
"Nice cost effective hotel ."
Cost effective accommodations for a simple stay, the hotel imposes a mandatory $2 daily fee just for having access to a safe in the room whether you choose to use it or not. You must tell them to take it off the bill at check out or the fee will remain charged on your card. Coffee available In the morning.
Other trip Apr 28, 2015
"Not a good way to save money staying out of the ci"
The drawers in our bureau and nightstand were missing. We had one drawer out of 5 or 6 openings. We were staying only one night for the sole purpose of going in and out of the city, so it served our purpose but is NOT a way to save money. Tons of tolls and $28/day parking at the train station plus train fare makes it cheaper to stay in the city.
1 night trip with friends Apr 23, 2015
Stephen
"Nice place to stay instead of NYC"
Red Roof PLUS+ Secaucus was a great place to stay if you are going into NYC and don't want to spend a lot of money on a hotel. It wasn't the "best of the best" of hotels but it was bestfor the price! It was CLEAN, very pleasant and helpful staff, beds were very comfortable and had really nice pillows! I was really impressed with the floors - they were wood looking instead of carpet....really gave a clean feeling to the room! There are buses that will take you to the city that stop in front of the hotel before 9 am or you can get a bus about 2 blocks down after 9.
Other trip Apr 22, 2015
"Would rather sleep in a tent..."
If you need a bed and a place to rest your head for a night, this is adequate. If you're looking for comfortable and super clean, this is not the place. Advertised as "smoke-free" room...as soon as I opened the door, my nostrils were assailed with the smell of old, stale cigarette smoke. Carpet was dirty, room smelled. Made my daughter wear socks rather than go barefoot. Staff was friendly...
1 night family trip Apr 17, 2015
Dawn
"Very pleased."
We were impressed at how lovely the hotel and room were.
1 night family trip Apr 17, 2015
Kathryn
Got what I paid for.Need better pillows,wash clothe had stain on it. Nice TV. Friendly staff.Need brighter lights. Nice location.Close to New York where we were visiting.
Other trip Apr 15, 2015
Whitney
"Worked for my needs"
For the short time I was really in the room, it worked for my needs. Ever in the area again, I would stay here again.
Other trip Apr 13, 2015
E-d
"Okay, but never again."
Booked this hotel thinking we would save money on our trip to NYC. Nope! We would have been better off paying for a room in the city because of the tolls and parking. The room was clean, but it was small and the internet was horrible. I couldn't even upload pictures.
2 night family trip Apr 9, 2015
Nidia
"I'd rather sleep in my car which I did"
Only reason I gave this hotel a chance was because of the price due to me being in town for 6 days for a conference in NYC. Basically, I was being cheap and call my self saving a dollar instead of paying more a night at other hotels. Never again will I decide that again. I had all six days reserved here but only stayed two nights. The walls are very thin so you'll hear everything outside your door. Also, when I checked in there as a bottle cap on the middle of the floor which I though the maid may have missed but that same bottle cap was on the floor the next day so she never picked cleaned the floor. There was hair found on the bed, crumbs on the table and noisy bathroom. I slept in my cloths I was so discussed then on my second note when the room was cleaned by the maid I requested a cancellation for the rest of my stay. Being that it was so late when I cancelled out because I got back late from NYC all the other hotels were sold out and I slept in the comforts of my car then checked into the Hilton the following day. Don't be fooled by the pictures which look nice but when you get there is an entirely different story. The only advantage here is that you can catch the express bus into NYC pretty fast and the bus stop is in front of the hotel.
Other trip Apr 8, 2015
"Good place to stay when visiting NYC"
Had a nice 2 nights here. Staff was very friendly, room was clean and comfortable. Left a book in the room, and the staff was awesome at helping me make arrangements to mail it back home to us! Close to the Park & Ride into NYC. We would stay here again.
2 night family trip Mar 20, 2015
"Convenient to Meadowlands expo center"
Room was modern and minimalist. Great design and use of space. Everything new and clean. Cons: Bedside lights used harsh bluish-white tone lights instead of a traditional warm tone. The bathroom fan was extremely loud / broken. Aside from that, a great stay and I'll be there again!
Other trip Apr 5, 2015
"NYC trip"
Our stay was good!.. The only thing I would recommend was offering a shuttle to the city.
Other trip Apr 1, 2015
"calmness"
Calm and quiet place, with a good riverview..
1 night trip with friends Mar 26, 2015
Sonu
"Look under the bathroom mat"
Had to have room changed because first room the tub was disgusting. The edge of the tub mat came loose when went to use shower, upon further looking the mat obviously had not been moved and cleaned under for a very long time. They readily gave us a different room which was much cleaner.
2 night family trip Mar 27, 2015
"Pleasant Stay"
I was scared that the hotel would be a little run down or something considering the price. This place was great! the lady upfront was very courteous and our room was neat. We had a view of the Hackensack River from our room and it was a bit small but still much more comfortable than anything else we could find around the area. My only issue was that the sheets had some stains on them, but hardly visible. Also the bus stop to times square is really near by and the bus leaves you at the hotel which was convenient for my boyfriend and I since we would not be driving through that crazy NY traffic.
3 night romance trip Mar 17, 2015
"bus from mahattan passes nearby"
Generally the condition is good, the bus from manhattan passes nearby,so it is convient to go to newyork.
3 night trip with friends Mar 15, 2015
"Not worth it."
I do not recommend this hotel. Our bolt lock did not work, the room was not very clean, the beds are extremely uncomfortable. Oh and people got into a fight around midnight and started talking about shooting someone. I have stayed at many in the area. There's no reason to choose this hotel over its alternatives. Clarion, River Inn... etc.
2 night business trip Mar 16, 2015
Nadim
"Nice and convenient"
This hotel is all about "location location location"; throw in some "price" and "comfort" as well, and it is a perfect place to stay. I was visiting NYC and had all my activities located in Manhattan. I wanted to stay at a hotel that is close and convenient enough to Manhattan, yet not very pricey. Red Roof plus is located in Secaucus. The New York transit bus (route 129 Express) goes by from in front of the hotel to 42nd W St in downtown Manhattan every 15 minutes, and guess what, it goes through the bus lane and so takes you to Manhattan in 15 minutes even in rush hours. That is how convenient it is to get to Manhattan from this hotel; a 15 minute ride costing less than $4 per person. Apart from the convenience of commuting to NYC, the hotel is pretty decent in terms of facilities. There is free WiFi, and the furniture and bedding are on the upper side of quality spectrum. It isn't the most luxurious of hotels but it is way better than cheap-end hotels like Days Inn. They have good flat screen HDTV and other amenities you can think of. Above everything, parking is free, which is a rarity in NYC.
Other trip Mar 17, 2015
Zee
"Not a great stay."
I wasn't really expecting a palace, after all the price was low, but check in was inconvenient since it had to be conducted through a glass window, like a movie ticket counter, but with no speaker. The first room they gave me was wide open and the bedding was strewn across a chair. They made the excuse they were doing housekeeping. It was 11:00pm. My 100% smoke free room wreaked of stale cigarettes. I couldn't count on amenities such as soap and towels to be delivered, and they had to re-magnetize my key card every time I came back to the room. The bed wasn't actually too bad, and the shower was not thoroughly clean, but worked nicely. The workers were willing to help out with problems, but it seemed very sparsely staffed--the security guard ended up delivering towels to me. I really probably wouldn't go back if I could help it.
4 night trip Mar 12, 2015
Shauna
"very disgusted."
The floors were super dirty its like they never cleaned them. And their was no heat. And the people that were also staying there were just rude and creepy.
1 night romance trip Mar 10, 2015
"It was good enough"
The Red Roof served the purpose of having a place to sleep while attending a Tony Robbins event at the Meadowlands.
4 night romance trip Mar 4, 2015
Migdalia
"Great place"
Very nice friendly front desk agent good location
Other trip Mar 15, 2015
Andres
"Good alternative to expensive hotels in the area."
Wonderful place close to so much including Manhattan and the NJ Expo Center. Staff was very, very nice.
2 night romance trip Mar 6, 2015
Nicholas
"short weekend"
Quiet area close to nyc. Helpful front desk!
1 night romance trip Feb 28, 2015
robert
"thanks"
Loved it. Helpful staff. Quiet and clean! Close dining. Ill definitely come back
1 night romance trip Feb 27, 2015
robert
"Nice comfortable room"
Nice room. Pillows a little skinny, but otherwise very comfortable bed. Raised vanity was nice, but made reaching for toothpaste more of a challenge!
1 night business trip Feb 27, 2015
"reasonable rate hotel with clean rooms"
rooms were small but newly renovated and pretty clean
Other trip Mar 2, 2015
"Red Roof Secaucus-Meadowlands (NJ)"
Very pleasant surprise - extremely well-maintained facility, clean and quiet despite proximity to highway/sports complex, etc. The interior of my room was immaculate - exceeded all expectations and will use again.
1 night business trip Feb 26, 2015
"AMAZING"
This is by far the Cleanest and most comfortable hotel I've stayed in ! It was amazing everything was great room was beyond clean the bed was super comfortable everything great
Other trip Feb 23, 2015
ellie
"Convenient location"
close to hoboken. breakfast not included but not needed - so room rate is lower than other places
Other trip Feb 21, 2015
"great for short stays"
Great only complaint is key card did not work well.
1 night romance trip Jan 30, 2015
"another happy customer"
When I wanna stay near NYC I always choose Red Roof Inn. The hotel location is near major highway. The staff are professional and helpful. The rooms are clean and affordable. I would definitely recommend staying again and again.
2 night romance trip Jan 31, 2015
catherine
"Very satisfied"
Convenient and affordable. Would certainly return.
1 night business trip Jan 27, 2015
"Simple stay"
Worth every penny, small and simple rooms
1 night business trip Oct 23, 2014
"Eh"
Bed felt like a board, tub had rust in it
1 night business trip Jan 4, 2015
"Gonna start booking at the Hilton"
We have stayed at this hotel location many times and it seems to get worse as time goes by. Every single room we had, we would have half used toilet paper, garbage on the floor, and the bathtubs look disgusting and they all need to be renovated. We usually check out late, which we call the front desk in advance. Yet the room service would come and bang on the door as if they were cops and ask if we are checking out late. I have to come out and yell at these people for being rude and inconsiderate. Red Roof, you were great at one point in time.
2 night romance trip Jan 2, 2015
"Our stay was okay but could have been better"
our stay was okay cause when we got there the first room they gave us was not so good cause the bathroom light didnt work and it didnt have any toilet paper in the bathroom.then the next room they gave us was better than the first one but the heat didnt work that well and there was food left in the fridge from the last guest that stayed there.
2 night romance trip Jan 2, 2015
Christopher
"Simple room."
Nothing special. Room was adequate if all you are looking to do is sleep in the room. Room was short on towels even though reservation was clearly for three.
1 night family trip Dec 31, 2014
"good time"
The hotel worked very well for us. We stayed 2 nights with dog.
2 night family trip Dec 29, 2014
Mandy
"great place to stay"
I liked it . taxi was easy to access. however there is more room for improvement in some areas. for example. they can provide some toothbrush and tooth paste, in case one needs. in addtion it would be great if they put a maps of newyork and newjersey and availble transport options it would greatly improve life and stay here.
1 night romance trip Dec 31, 2014
Ephantus
"Great stay!!"
The stay was wonderful. Only complaint, room was a little small for two people and our bags.
3 night romance trip Dec 29, 2014
Zachary
We went to the Giants vs Eagles game and stayed to night. So Red Roof was a perfect spot for the piece and location. The rooms were clean and comfortable.
Other trip Jan 3, 2015
"Bad experience"
It was really really a horrible experience. I continued room two nights. The cleaner didn't change sheet and bath towel. What is wore, she placed dustbin on desk. I left 10 dollars as tip. I think I am generous enough, while cleaner was so unprofessional and showed negative attitude to guest. I will not go to Secaucus Red Roof anymore.
1 night family trip Dec 25, 2014
"Nice compact, clean hotel. Great price"
Stayed 4 days. Great staff, clean n nice compact room. Bus to the City not far away. I'd definitely stay again!
4 night family trip Dec 24, 2014