All hotels in Joliet, Illinois, United States of America

• Value
    Delicious food
    Dirty
    Room is not nice
"DON'T WAST YOUR MONEY HERE"
I WILL SLEEP IN MY CAR THIS IS A HOE MOTEL LOOK NOTHING LIKE THE PIC ,PEOPLE WERE GRILLING ON OUT SIDE OF PLACE NO ELEVATOR ,YOU CARRY YOU THINGS UP TWO SET OF STEPS THIS PLACE IS A JOKE !!!!! THE SMELL OMG I CHECKED IN AND CHECKED RIGHT BACK OUT THEY DID NOT WON'T TO GIVE ME MY MONEY BACK I TOULD THEM I WOULD CALL THE POLICE SHE TOULD ME TO TAKE MY MONEY AND GET OFF THE PROPERTY !!! KEEP LOOKING THIS IS JUST LIKE BEING IN THE HOOD !!!
Other trip Jul 9, 2015
"Room tiny"
Very small room. People hanhing around drinking. Had to go to a seperate building for ice. Round toilet seat in an oblong toilet. Not at all worth the money.
Other trip Jul 6, 2015
less than expec
"business trip"
Unfriendly frontdesk staff during the day. Holes on the doors and walls. Broken TV remote. The cleaning service was good.
4 night business trip Jun 25, 2015
Andy
"Find another room"
Definitely won't be back for another nights stay. The hotel was ok at best, the room was quite small, the fixtures were dated and didn't even take a shower! Simply put, it was a crash pad, nothing more.
1 night romance trip Jun 24, 2015
danielle
"Clean for a roadside motel"
roadside motel. good for overnight not much more
3 night family trip Jun 18, 2015
"very run down place"
Rooms Are In very bad shape . place needs cleaning up. needs new paint needs new bedding needs new carpet. over all VERY VERY POOR.. I would never stay there again I would never recommend this place to any one.
1 night business trip Mar 23, 2015
Room was fine somehow there was no shower curtain. So that was kind of funny
1 night business trip Jun 16, 2015
Joshua
"Fail"
I had a paid reservation but when we arrived there were no clean rooms left. We waited for 2 hrs to get in as the desk person said that he would clean it for us. All he did was wipe the commode and place a comforter on the bed. Worst place ever!!
1 night family trip Jun 14, 2015
Marilyn
"Nice hotel very clean."
Overall great experience just wish i could have checked in sooner.
Other trip Jun 17, 2015
Rebecca
I didn't feel very safe there. I guess you get what you pay for
Other trip Jun 13, 2015
"well rested stay"
was able to accomplish what I set out to accomplish is my business with the following day
1 night business trip Jun 8, 2015
LEBRUCE
"A good stay, but room for improvement"
We only had two issues. There was a strong odor of smoking in the room. We noticed residents who would sit just at the doorway smoking and the smoke would carry back into the room. That's probably what happened to our room. We told the "Amy" at the front desk that they should better police this outside smoking or possibly designate an area away from the rooms for persons to smoke. We also had the sink stopper not working so it was difficult to use the sink without the bowl filling up with water. We told a service person who came by on the day we were leaving about the problem...
2 night family trip May 22, 2015
Coliss R
"Horrible."
Horrible. no laundry facility, vagrants walking around the doors drinking and making noise until 3 am. I stay in hotels all over the country for work and this is only the second time I demanded my money back the next morning and cancelled my remaining two nights.
5 night business trip May 29, 2015
ERIC
"This is a "passing through" hotel only."
Don't stay here more than one night. Wasn't even worth the $55 dollar value. Filthy room. Dirty towels, no hot water for the entirety of our stay, rude front office staff. "Non-smoking" hotel and we had a room that had soot on the walls from smokers.
3 night romance trip May 31, 2015
"Get what you pay for"
We had to switch rooms because the air conditioner was broken. Both rooms smelled musty. Our bathtub was dirty and the walls and floor were even dirty. The hotel allows pets and there were claw scratches all over the door. The towels were horribly scratchy. You get what you pay for. Next time we will be paying more to stay somewhere else.
1 night romance trip May 28, 2015
Jody
"Room and a coffee. .."
Thank you Michelle (pm receptionist). It's nice to know there are still service industry representatives under 40 years of age that are personable, friendly and competent.
1 night business trip May 27, 2015
Mike.
"Quiet, pleasant stay"
Friendly , helpful staff. Pleasant to deal with.
1 night romance trip May 19, 2015
"Room 136 sucks"
I was dog toys under the bed, the door knob came off. Bathroom door did not shut. And no shower pressure.
2 night family trip May 24, 2015
"Room service"
no room service two days in a row even after compaining
4 night family trip May 21, 2015
Bruce
"Not a good experience"
The service left something to be desired. I walked into the lobby to check in and a bell went off. No one came to the font desk immediately. I said 'Hello' when I got to the desk and a young man sauntered slowly up to the desk. He did not make much eye contact, did not smile, and dragged his feet. He said no more than 'How ya doin'?' I said I was checking in and he asked for my name and ID and searched for a long period through his computer database, clicking away. He said nothing, and when I asked if he had my reservation he said, 'Yah, but we don't have the room you were promised. All I have is a double bed.' I said that a double bed was fine and that I'd take the room. He said 'The system is supposed to prevent this; I don't know what happened.' I asked if there was some sort of compensation for the undeliverable room and he said he would take $7 off of the total price (presumably the difference between a double bed room and a king bed room). The attendant gave me my ID back and processed my credit card. He said 'You're all set' and then, as I gathered by card and ID, he said 'Oh wait, I forgot to make your key.' He made the key and I went to my room. The room was in fine-enough shape and I was happy enough with it, but the images on the website were misleading - the room was nowhere as up-to-date or as clean and modern looking as the pictures would have led a viewer to believe. Aside from that, the stay was fine.
1 night trip May 22, 2015
Justin
"Joliet Red Roof"
Wished there was a refrigerator and microwave.
2 night family trip May 8, 2015
Queen
"Dirty..."
First the lobby is hardly a lobby; no breakfast or even a bathroom in the lobby.... on a saturday theres only one person working the front desk.. and no real manager on duty. while in line waiting to check in we heard about 3 people complain that their room wasn't clean. the ATM in the lobby was not working so we were unable to get cash. we had plans right after check in so we had to hurry in the room and get out. when we got back after an event we attended we noticed; the safe would not work no matter how many times we tried. there was something gross on the bathroom door; unable to tell what it was. the toilet had dried urine and hair on it... had to use soap and water to clean it myself. in the shower we noticed a lot of hair on the tub... honestly it just looked like whoever cleaned the room didn't really care. it was dirty and gross but by time we got back to our room we were so upset and exhausted we just dealt with. it was one of the worst hotels I've ever stayed in.
1 night romance trip May 2, 2015
Jeremiah
"OK this time new attitudes"
My stay was great I enjoyed the great service from collier at night but the day time staff was terrible not very friendly or nice
2 night family trip Apr 27, 2015
"clean and comfortable"
it's good and quite. the room is clean and comfortable.
1 night trip Apr 28, 2015
"Not great... Keep looking."
Without our knowledge, we ended up getting the handicapped room. The shower was uncomfortable to use, since there was a large seat that folded against the wall. The water was hard with little water pressure. They did not provide any shower amenities. There was hair on the bed pillows, in the sheets, and in the towels. There was some kind of unidentified white residue on the carpet, which did not look vacuumed. The door was an issue, since the lock kept engaging when we opened the door, making it impossible to close. This made us use the key to reopen the door, apply pressure to the lock to push it back in, so we could close the door. The lockset frame on the door was not screwed in, so it kept popping out, also making it difficult to close the door. The bed was comfortable, the mini fridge was cold enough to keep ice frozen for days, and the staff was nice.
Other trip May 4, 2015
Samantha
Overall, it was a nice stay and the staff was courteous and friendly. I would recommend others to stay at Red Roof Inn.
Other trip Apr 29, 2015
"Red Roof Not Upgraded"
The pictures on Expedia, Hotels.com, etc. are not actual photos of this Red Roof Inn. The pictures show nice, updated rooms nicely furnished. This hotel NOT. Even the outside picture of the hotel is not this hotel. No reading lights over the beds. No wood flooring. No updated bedding. What you do get is old carpet, beds that sag to the side so they roll you off when you sleep, and old bedding with stains. My room was not vacuumed and dried urine puddles on the toilet. The neighborhood is not the best, but food and shopping are close. Check-in was friendly. You get the basics, but not at the quality they're trying to sell.
2 night business trip Apr 18, 2015
"No security. Anyone can knock on your door!"
I picked this hotel because I was tired and needed a place to sleep and it was cheap. The room looked nothing like the pictures and was extremely small. The bed took up most of the space. While everything was pretty clean, it was what went down between 11:30pm and 1:00am that turned me off. Two younger men were walking around the outside corridor screaming obscenities, waiving and yelling at a car parked across from my room and then started banging on my door. Like they were looking for someone. In today's culture of guns for everyone, it makes you feel a bit threatened. One of the individuals was extremely intoxicated and was walking into the railing and my window. Called the front desk, was told he'd take care of it. More screaming and pounding for another half hour, so another call to the front desk. He finally came up 20 minutes later and said he talked to the individuals and they denied making the ruckus. I was like really? It's 12:37am and you're going to make it sound like I'm making this up? Finally, the guys returned and the desk guy told them to either go to their room or leave the property. I'm sure they didn't have a room and were simply looking for trouble. I feel the hotel staffer could have handled this much different. There was no concern for security of the hotel guests. I asked for a different room and that was too much of an inconvenience. This is the 2nd time I've stayed in a Red Roof and the 2nd time I've had security issues. Never again
Other trip Apr 24, 2015
Adam
"Nightmare experience"
What a horrible experience. Save yourself!
1 night romance trip Apr 11, 2015
"ghetto nightmare"
My paid reservation through Hotels.com was not honored and I was basically kicked out of the lobby by an extremely rude hotel employee after standing there waiting for at least 30 minutes. The place is creepy and the neighborhood is terrible. Then, of course, we had to go find another room at another motel nearby--the Bates! though it was an improvement over the scary vibe at the Red Roof. Still waiting for a refund which, thanks to Hotels.com, I am told I will be receiving. Don't bother with this one. We felt fortunate to be getting ripped off because that meant we got to leave! I am forced by this website to rate room cleanliness, etc, but since I didn't actually get to see a room, is also bogus! Good luck with any of these clowns.
1 night romance trip Apr 11, 2015
"You get what you pay for"
The bed had a dip in the right side so I could only sleep in the left side and the toilet had a seat that was too small for the bowl. I don't understand how something like that happens in this kind of environment.
1 night business trip Apr 10, 2015
"can be better"
Everything is great accept you keep giving me 124 that you cannot get into the door is broken so this is the second time I had to go back to the front desk for an key.
1 night business trip Apr 5, 2015
valerie
"joilet , sweet home"
room 211 was at 90 degrees when we arrived. it was small and uncomfortable. heavy late night traffic, shady people in the area. doze the hotel/motel and build new :) also it wasn't a red roof it was a brown roof what gives!!!
1 night romance trip Mar 21, 2015
"My Stay"
The area was in a busy section of town. I counted no less than 5 sirens during the night. Also, other guests were very loud, having boisterous conversations outside our door, making it difficult to sleep. The beds were comfortable, warm water sufficient, but toweling was a bit skimpy. There was also an overflowing garbage bin in the hallway next to our room, which was on a corner.
Other trip Mar 18, 2015
Bensie
"Relieved car windows in tact"
What is it about Red Roofs. The last two times I have stayed at one I felt relief the next morning when I came out and my car was not broken into. The location seemed relatively safe enough, but folks sitting in cars in the parking lot/ folks watching off balconies just gives the wrong perception. The room was OK, nothing special. Seemed clean enough. Sink was clogging up and it is always nice when sprigs of chewing tobacco start to float back up as your using the sink. OK for a one night stay just for sleep. Would not want to spend multiple nights there.
Other trip Mar 16, 2015
"Not Impressed"
Very nice staff, but room was dirty. They've installed all new beds and furniture but don't take care of the place. Had cigarette burns in the fleece blanket, all sorts of stains, mold, and other dirt on the bathroom walls, etc. Room smelled of old cigarette smoke and air freshener. Very loud on Friday night, clearly a lot of people there to party. I didn't feel too safe on the property but it is close to the freeway and amenities which was nice. I would not stay here again, even if I had to pay a lot more for an alternative.
1 night business trip Mar 13, 2015
Kristopher
"bed bugs!!!!"
The hotel room had bed bugs
1 night romance trip Feb 26, 2015
lynetta
"Disappointing at Red Roof"
We arrived a little early and was told as soon as I walked in no early check in, and they don't know what was available because they were booked last night. So I left and came back, mind you it was very cold. So I waited in line for twenty minutes, finally I received my keys and went to the room that I could not enter, my husband walked back to reset the keys and again did not work again. I returned to the lobby and I had to wait in line again in a cold lobby, and I was already cold from trying to enter my room. So she gave a new room that was not cleaned well. The room smell like smoke and the top covers were stained. So again I went to the cold lobby and had to wait again, only one person working. I was given the same room but with one key, because she stated that room would only work with one key. I did not feel safe there. Don't go there.
Other trip Mar 4, 2015
"2nd weekend getaway"
Excellent hotel, rate and ease of booking online. We let the manager know upon checkout that the room smelled like an ashtray, not in a obnoxious way, just really noticeable into the late night hours. The manager apologized and said that a VIP pass would come in the mail to make up for this. We thanked her and said we would come back again. Service was exceptional and overall a great deal.
Other trip Mar 2, 2015
Debbie
"Won't be Back"
Staff was exceptionally friendly and helpful. Even double checked to make sure my room was ready. Given that I was only there one night, for a dog show, it was OK. I won't be back though. For the price I paid, it was not enough. Hair on the sheets, "stuff" in the tub. Room was sloppily constructed and some of the door key receptacles froze up and my friends had to have maintenance remove the air conditioner unit so they could get their dogs out of room. (!!!!) Also, they don't have breakfast. I can pay $10-15 more elsewhere and get a lot more out of it.
1 night trip with friends Feb 27, 2015
Natasha
"good service"
I really enjoyed my stay with my family
1 night family trip Feb 26, 2015
Tiara
"Highly Recommended"
Loved it. Would definitely go back
1 night romance trip Dec 10, 2014
Not the hotel in the pictures. Someone tried our door like at two am.
1 night family trip Feb 21, 2015
mary
"Nice room, nice price."
We are pleased at the updating to Red Roof Inn. All over it was very pleasant, we could have used a firmer mattress in our king size room. Awesome job at it anyways........
Other trip Feb 24, 2015
Debbie
I was a little scared with having the housekeeper placing her key card into my door way before the check out time.
Other trip Feb 17, 2015
"Bare bones"
Very barebones motel room. It wasn't bad and it was kept clean, but there were no bells or whistles of any kind here. Fine for the price and just needing a place to stay the night, but nothing more than that.
1 night romance trip Feb 13, 2015
"No sleep"
Shower pressure hard Fitted sheets had stains Pillows smelled like nail polish remover Outlet by the sink not working Customers staying at hotel outside talking loud until 4 -5 AM Staying in lower level people running up and down stairs and on second level balcony Told Desk person he said he heard the noise and outlet was to be fixed sometime but did not really care about my stay or how to correct it. Customer service know good I was staying there to take my boards the next day because this place was close and pictures looked great online
Other trip Feb 8, 2015
"ok hotel"
Hotel close to highway and food.
1 night romance trip Jan 31, 2015
lynetta
"Bad neighbor hood"
Room was nicer than I expected. A fight broke out right in front of my room. Cops were called. I locked my hotel room and stayed inside. Not a very nice neighborhood
1 night trip with friends Dec 31, 2014
"Great clean cost efficient hotel!"
Very clean and comfortable. The staff is exceptionally nice, friendly and helpful. I'm working in the area for 3 months and decided I will be staying here for the duration during my work days. Highly recommend this hotel. There aren't many "extras", but everything I need is available and the price cannot be beat by far.
5 night business trip Jan 4, 2015