All hotels in San Francisco, California, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here500 Post Street, San Francisco, CA, 94102, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9485

Not very accommodating staff!
2 night trip Jun 26, 2014
"Great, but enough with charging for internet"
Everything was great except for two things: 1) all the big chains need to stop charging for high speed internet. It's 2014. Time to get with the times. 2) I ended up needing to extend my stay and the manager was not only unwilling to work with me on the rates (they were going up), but she was very rude about it. There's a nice way and a wrong way to handle situations.
1 night trip Jun 16, 2014
Very good place to stay. Close to Union square and shopping. Staff was very accommodating.
Other trip Jun 21, 2014
Everything is great about this hotel.
1 night trip Jun 15, 2014
BB
"Just as Expected!!"
Everything at this hotel was perfect. Our room was very comfortable and clean. If you have stayed in SF before, then you know the rooms are typically small. This room was spacious. The staff was helpful and very nice. It was located just a short walk away from Union Square, like one block. Thank you for the great stay!!
1 night trip Jun 8, 2014
KStephens
"great hotel"
great hotel just a little noisy on one side of the hotel so makes it hard to sleep if you are on a lower floor but they have great staff, amazing service, and are really willing to accommodate.
4 night business trip Jun 3, 2014
great rooms, front desk service was not as good. Great location as you can walk to rest and bars
Other trip Jun 1, 2014
Rodrigo
"Nice hotel with comfortable bed"
Very nice hotel in union square. Good location. We LOVED the bed. Very comfortable. The staff was friendly, however, we booked on expedia and thought wifi was included. It was not and it was $16 per day. That was the only negative really. We felt for as much as we paid for the room, wifi should be included. Other than that, great stay! Would stay there again.
Other trip May 30, 2014
Christie
"Good hotel"
Nice place to stay. Very friendly staffs. The room was excellent Except the bathroom's door did no close. The door was stuck on the carpet, so we needed to tell each other who would be using the bathroom. Lol We could call for help with the door, but my son said not to call. We were going to stay one night.
1 night business trip May 24, 2014
Sandra
"Superb location, great staff and will stay again!"
I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at JW Marriott-Union Square, its such a GREAT LOCATION. Very central and the staff was exceptionally helpful, pleasant and really overall fantastic. I felt very welcomed, and the facility was superb. We enjoyed the concierge lounge on the 21st floor and we didn't even pay for this extra service but we got it, and we had breakfast, and hot snacks (very nice) in the early evenings 5 PM, and then dessert at 7. Gosh we saved some money just eating there and enjoying the hotel. We had the most comfortable bed I"ve ever slept in at a hotel, and the pillows were just amazing...I literally was so comfy I fell right to sleep and it was hard to leave this hotel..I will definitely stay there again. The room was not too large, but the bathroom was awesome. its a full size tub, literally you can stretch all the way out laying down and the separate shower was well done as well... we had a late lunch yesterday at the restaurant on the 3rd floor and had fresh halibut and fish tacos and it was delicious and reasonably priced. You can walk out of your hotel and stroll to so many different locations conveniently...its really the best location!!
Other trip May 28, 2014
Debbie
"Just average, try someplace else"
Overall just average…..front desk was not very friendly when inquiring about Union Square, shower is the smallest shower I have ever seen in a bathroom (maybe 2’ x 2’) and then they have the nerve to charge tax on a $56 1 day valet fee.
Response by JW Marriott San Francisco Union Square
Dear Accomplished Guest, Please allow me to begin by extending our sincere appreciation for choosing the JW Marriott San Francisco. In addition, I would also like to thank you for taking the time to share your overall experience with the hotel. On behalf of the staff, please accept our apologies for the unsatisfactory experience. We take great pride in ensuring our guest’s satisfaction. Rest assured the items you have pointed out will be addressed immediately to prevent it from reoccurring. I would like to have your name and your date of stay to note in our system. Thank you again for your input. If there is anything more I can do to win your confidence, please do not hesitate to let me know. Respectfully, Nasser Mobarak Director of Hotel Operations Email: nasser.mobarak@marriott.com Direct: 415.929.2088
Other trip May 27, 2014
"Nice room nice service"
Room very clean staff very good I will give hotel 5 star
Other trip May 26, 2014
randy
"Clean & near Union Square and Transportation"
Hotel was great with the exception of the ADA bathroom, we had to rig the bath to take a shower but other than that it was a good stay. On another note, just about SF, make sure you bring layers to wear, it gets windy and cold, to warm and hot. No need to bring an umbrella, should it rain (hardly does), there is an umbrella in the closet.
Other trip May 22, 2014
D
"Very disappointed"
Unbelievable that being the hotel it is suppose to be, the restaurant has a terrible menu, the rooms have absolutely NO space to put things away, Concierge needs more experience in recommending places to go. It took us like half an hour to have a bell boy to help with suitcases at checkout time because they only had one at that moment.
Other trip May 19, 2014
Claudia
"Nice -- enjoyed our stay"
We stayed for 3 nights at the J.W. Marriott. The staff was friendly and helpful. The bellmen were also helpful. The room was nice. The hotel itself was also very nice.
Other trip May 18, 2014
"Great place"
It is a fine hotel. The drinks are too expensive, way too expensive. 2 Bloody Mary's were $35.00 with a tip. They were good but not worth the money. But we really liked the hotel and would stay again, no problem. We would just find a different place to have a late night or early drink. (before or after the Giants game)
1 night trip May 13, 2014
T Brown
I will definatly stay at this hotel again
1 night trip May 10, 2014
Doug
"Short vacation for my husband and me."
Service was excellent. They went out of their way to help.
2 night romance trip May 9, 2014
"JW Marriott - Union Square San Francisco"
This hotel is first rate and first class. The service from the doormen to room service was awesome. On Sunday when we were supposed to check out, we weren't feeling well and asked for an extended checkout time and they had no problem with that. I was so grateful. The restaurant "Level 3" had not only great service (we loved the hostess and server), but the food was to die for. We had the claim chowder, crab cakes and kale salad and it was just perfect for two people! I look forward to more trips to San Francisco and staying at the JW Marriott!
2 night trip Apr 18, 2014
Rachel S.
Good place, everything is around. the hotel was good, the most im gona miss is the great breakfast i had for the two night i stayed there.
Other trip Apr 24, 2014
leonardo
"PLAIN"
The room is spacious and clean, however, the bathroom is really small and the shampoo and lotion are really not good to use, smells okay but the texture's weird for me. It's loud cause our room's by the street on 11th floor. This is the first time I visit SF and the first time I lived in a Marriott hotel. The hotel is generally okay, however I will go back to Hilton's brand that I always choose to stay previously, for a better price and better service.
Other trip Apr 22, 2014
lilililili
Every member of staff we encountered was very welcoming and helpful.
2 night trip Apr 17, 2014
"Impressive customer service!"
Amazing customer service. Very friendly staff. Room service was always on time, and the food was excellent! Beautiful room. Bathrooms were especially well decorated.
Other trip Apr 14, 2014
Bev
"High end, reasonable hotel at Union Square"
The food was very good and above average for the convenience of hotel food; however, incredible options are available within a few blocks!
Other trip Apr 7, 2014
CPA
"Nice hotel close to Union Square in SF"
Very nice hotel within walking distance of many iconic places in SF. Close to Union Square. Walking to offices off of Market were not a problem at all. Personally I expected a bit more from a JW Marriott after having experienced JW in Las Vegas. This is Marriott's top of the line, but somehow it didn't quite meet my full expectations of the room size and the full service. In fact on 2 consecutive nights late night parties next door kept me awake quite late. Don't get this wrong - this is a great hotel in a great location in a very pricey city. But for the price per night, I expected bit more in terms of service and quality of the room.
Other trip Apr 6, 2014
AC
"stayed again"
I returned to the hotel for a second time because it is a very nice hotel that provides excellent service.
1 night trip Mar 24, 2014
"Very nice Hotel in downtown San Francisco"
We had a very nice stay at the hotel. It's location is great for visiting San Francisco. The hotel is very clean and the staff was excellent.
Other trip Mar 17, 2014
"downtown San Francisco"
superior
1 night trip Feb 25, 2014
khalid alghamdi
"Great location right in Union Square downtown."
Location was perfect, close to all the shops and cable cars, etc. Staff was incredibly helpful and accommodating. I would definitely stay here again. Room was clean, good sized, and very comfortable.
Other trip Mar 12, 2014
"Nice hotel. Great location."
One block from Union Square. Very conveinent. Just wish the parking was not so expensive when staying at the hotel.
Other trip Mar 3, 2014
PPN
"We had a very nice time."
Very courteous staff, we only stayed one night but it was a good one.
1 night romance trip Feb 22, 2014
Joe S.
"Top-notch hotel in top-notch location"
Union Square is where it's at in SF, and the JW stands out with terrific service and comfortable, spacious rooms. Well maintained, clean and friendly.
2 night trip Feb 14, 2014
"Wonderful stay"
Even before the day of our arrival the staff was friendly and helpful over the phone. When we did check in that same friendly, helpful attitude shined through. Food is a bit pricey but it that way all over the San Fran area. We decided to utilize public transportation instead of renting a car. That is close to the hotel and convenient to get to The Wharf. We did not spend that much time in our room, really just a place to crash after a long day of walking, but the room was always clean and ready to go. I would highly recommend this hotel, just make sure you have good directions as there are other Marriott's in the area and we did get lost our first full day. If you are not use to big cities a map will be your best friend in this town and to get to and from this hotel.
3 night trip Feb 13, 2014
Heidi
"Valentine's Day Weekend 2014"
The hotel staff and parking attendants welcomed us very warmly. The lobby is beautifully appointed. The elevators are super fast! - we had a lot of fun with that especially because the building is very tall and you can see down to the lobby from the top floor. We were on the 11th floor and had a beautiful view of the city. The room was well appointed, very clean and the tub / shower was very tidy and roomy. There's a Walgreens nearby if you need it and Lori's Diner is right around the corner - it's open 24/7 and has great food.
Other trip Feb 17, 2014
"Business in San Francisco"
Great hotel in a great central downtown location. You can walk to anything and there are lots of great restaurants and other services nearby, including shopping at Union Square. Rooms are nice and big and have all the necessary amenities.
Other trip Feb 12, 2014
"Beautiful hotel with a great atmosphere"
Gorgeous hotel with beautiful design. I would highly recommend to anyone.
Other trip Feb 7, 2014
Carl
"Nice location"
The location was great and the staff was very helpful and nice, especially Ally at the concierge desk.
Other trip Feb 7, 2014
Anna
"Great location, nice and new, reasonarble rates"
I loved the 3rd floor lounge area. Very pretty and welcoming. We had wine by the fire place across from the bar. Ended up back after dinner, playing board games till 1 pm!
Other trip Feb 3, 2014
Lila
"Great Get Away"
My girlfriends and I stay overnight for my birthday gathering at this hotel and from the moment we arrived, we were given first class service. There was a gentleman by the name of Bob, he really made our stay enjoyable. My girls and I celebrated in the nearby clubs and the next day when we asked for a late, late check-out, it was granted and we were asked if we need anything additional to assist in our stay.
1 night trip with friends Jan 25, 2014
Mary R.
"Nice hotel close to shopping."
Good experience, good location. If you want to shopping, this is good choice.
Other trip Jan 28, 2014
"Very nice...very pricey"
$350 for a room and you can't provide free internet? I stayed one night at the Hyatt by airport for $179 and got free breakfast and free internet.
1 night trip Jan 21, 2014
RGF
"nice weekend getaway"
Great hotel as expected, and we got an excellent rate for a Saturday night. Only issue I had was that they gave us an accessible room, and it looked like somebody had pulled himself up by the toilet paper holder and the shower handle, as they were both a bit off. Other than that, great location. Just one block from Union Square. Just don't wander too far the other direction.
1 night trip Dec 14, 2013
local couple
Excellent , friendly, helpful staff
Other trip Dec 16, 2013
"Noisy rooms, intense food odors all over the place"
The rooms are not properly isolated so is hard to sleep with all the traffic and ambulances of San Francisco. Additionally, the main kitchen is locate in the Lobby Floor and all the odors go up to the entire building, particularly on Fridays and Saturdays.
Other trip Dec 16, 2013
Carlos
Everything was wonderful. Doors were opened by porters, smiles from all the staff. Room was clean. A lot of attention to detail in the set up of the room. There was even a complimentary umbrella in the closet to use if going outside in the rain (which I did). Within walking range to major shopping (Union Square). Overall, a great experience.
2 night business trip Dec 5, 2013
"Great hotel close to Union Square."
Great hotel, close to all San Francisco attractions. Would highly recommend it.
Other trip Dec 7, 2013
Overall good location for Union Square . Very helpful staff
1 night family trip Nov 26, 2013
"Modern hotel one block from Union Square"
Very nice hotel. Unusual to find such a great property close to Union Square as many downtown hotels in the area are older properties. Huge indoor atrium is very impressive. Lower Nob Hill side of the square, so away from the hussle of the Tenderloin and Market Street. Double rooms are good for families if you don't mind squeezing into 'double' bed. We stayed the weekend before Thanksgiving and the rates were reasonable for the area. There is a indoor parking garage across the street which was about half the price of the hotel valet parking. We used the valet though for convenience.
Other trip Nov 26, 2013
"Centrally located hotel"
Everything was good and I didn't hear the noise other reviewers wrote about. The room was comfortable and clean. Explore some of the restaurants on your own because the ones the concierge recommends are a little pricey. It did get a little to warm in the room at night and I was unable to control it. Staff were all friendly !
Other trip Nov 17, 2013
"Overpriced Room, Great Service, Sky High Parking"
Its a nice hotel, but the room was not as nice as the one I had the night before in Carmel, at half the price! While hotel service was exceptional, parking is a BIG problem. Hotels.com does not bother to mention the hotel rates does not included the valet parking, or that the hotel charges twice the going rate for valet parking. Had I known, I would not have booked this hotel.
3 night trip Oct 31, 2013