All hotels in San Francisco, California, United States of America
500 Post Street, San Francisco, CA, 94102, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9485

• Bar
    Bar is awesome
    Food is all right
  • Value
    Poor value for money
    Bad internet service
"Everyone was so welcoming!"
Doormen, bell hops, front desk, (especially Steve), housekeeping, everyone says hello, or welcome! Incredibly great training. Nobody is lazy and are always standing by to help. This was an incredible hotel experience. Can't wait to go again and can't wait to spread the word about how great your hotel. Bravo! Bravo! Bravo! Thank you so much! As we say in Hawaii, "much Mahalo!"
Other trip Dec 17, 2014
"Nice hotel, nice city, nice price!"
Loved the hotel and San Francisco!!! The hotel was maintained nicely, no problems. Everything was very nice and upscale. Staff were all friendly and very helpful. Great neighborhood! Shopping and restaurants within walking distance!
2 night romance trip Nov 28, 2014
Elisabeth
"Love this hotel!"
Everything about this hotel was amazing. From it's location to shopping and dining at union square to the room we had and to the staff. We had a club room which allowed access to the 24/7 club lounge. This access gives you free breakfast, snanks during the day, appetizers at night and dessert. It was lovely. Our room was spacious and comfortable and we would definitely stay here again!
2 night romance trip Nov 28, 2014
Kimberly
"Nice hotel but not family friendly."
This hotel has no pool which was a disappointment. Also, only 4 elevators led to long wait times especially if you were trying to roll on a stroller. The windows in the room opened easily which was a major safety issue with a 1&4 year old.
Other trip Nov 30, 2014
Blair
"Great hotel in a great location"
2 night romance trip Nov 22, 2014
"Great place, awesome food!"
Rooms were great, clean, comfortable. I come to SF for business once a week and this is my favorite place so far!! The Restaurant is amazing:)
1 night business trip Nov 17, 2014
"Clean rooms, ok location, bad check-in experience"
The hotel is within walking distance to many places (though stay away from the Tenderloin District at night unless you like seeing a ton of homeless and crazy people). Check-in was the only rough part of my stay. I reserved a king bed room through Expedia.com. After we got checked in and got into our room, we found we had two queen beds instead. I went back to the desk and said she made a mistake with our room and it wasn't what I had requested. She said you guys don't often get the correct room information from booking websites (which, if true, should be fixed as soon as possible). She said we were in luck, and she had one king room available and gave us your last one. A traveling companion also requested a king room, but reserved through your website. She, too, got a room with two queen beds instead of a king. I felt bad for her and told her we were just given your last king room. She went to talk to them anyway. Same message was given to her about booking through a website, however the clerk had no explanation for it since the reservation was done through your website and not a third party. To my and her surprise, she was given a king bed room. I did not appreciate being lied to in my first stay with your hotel. You clearly had extra king bed rooms available, and I suggest a review of your procedures and systems to prevent this from happening again. I would stay at your hotel again to give you one more chance to prove this wasn't simply a "bad day".
"Great location poor services"
3 night stay with family at $350 a night is ok but to nickle and dine to use a CPU is nuts. $7 for 15 minutes of uses. The real kicker is the numerical keys didn't work on the key pad so I couldn't access my email. I called the front desk and they sent a tech down. He verifed in about 3 seconds that it didn't work and then asked me if I "hit it". He said sometime electronics work better if you just hit it. The third night a baby moved into the room next to use and kept me and wife up most of the night as you could hear everything thru the walls.
3 night family trip Nov 15, 2014
Ryan
"Amazing staff and super comfy!"
Booked the JW Marriott in Union square since it was close to the Nike Women's Marathon expo. Hotel staff was incredibly nice and even had a room ready when we checked in early. The are itself is not the best and it's easy to wander into the tenderloin district where there are many homeless people and druggies. But otherwise, the hotel is pet friendly, has comfortable beds, and the staff has to be the best part. We had a ridiculous request for ice after the marathon and the hotel was so accommodating. Would definitely stay near here for the next race! Wifi is expensive and for being a hotel in SF should really be free.
3 night trip with friends Oct 17, 2014
Alexandra
"they didn't have a room for me"
showed up at 9:30pm and there was no room available.
1 night business trip Aug 18, 2014
David Foley
Very clean and nice. Staff was very attentive and helpful. Very classy hotel in the best location.
Other trip Oct 21, 2014
elyse
"Very good"
My stay was good except for the lack of free WiFi in guest rooms.
2 night family trip Oct 10, 2014
Very nice and the staff was excellent with large crowds. You still felt like you were important to them. I would recommend it!
Other trip Oct 13, 2014
"A high end treat."
We stay at top line hotels frequently but this was our first experience at a JW Marriott. Could not have been much more pleasing. Great location, friendly staff, clean rooms, luxurious bedding. Could not ask for much more. Would not have made this choice but for the rate offered by Expedia. And, other gusts included the flight crew of the Blue Angels in town for fleet week! Good chance to thank them for their service.
Other trip Oct 11, 2014
Gar
"nice hotel"
It was a great hotel except I reserved a king and got a double queen. Valle parking is outrageous and if you drive there you have to park there
1 night romance trip Oct 6, 2014
Harley
"cl0se to shopping,restaurants, and theaters."
poor service at table in bar, only one robe in room,only coffee for one, and no newspaper monday morning.
Response by JW Marriott San Francisco Union Square
Dear David T, Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience in our hotel. We appreciate you bringing it to our attention. I will share your message appropriately within the organization to prevent incidents like these from reoccurring. Sincerely, Nasser Mobarak Director of Hotel Operations JW Marriott San Francisco
2 night trip Sep 13, 2014
DAVID T
"Good but with room to grow"
Overall our stay was very good. The coffee available in the room was poor quality and the fact I needed to pay for wi-fi for the cost of the room was absurd. It was wonderful to come into our room after an evening at the game to a tasty snack tray.
2 night family trip Aug 30, 2014
"OK Hotel"
It seems outdated. The overall interiors is nauseating to look down from upper floors. It may appeal to certain population, but not to younger population. Bathrooms are less functional as I expected.
Response by JW Marriott San Francisco Union Square
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. We appreciate you bringing it to our attention. We will share your message appropriately within Marriott. Sincerely, Nasser Mobarak Director of Hotel Operations JW Marriott San Francisco
Other trip Sep 10, 2014
bench
"Location! Location! Location!"
Great place to stay! One block from Union Square!
3 night romance trip Aug 29, 2014
"Nice hotel and good location"
Hotel was nice, staff was nice. The room was nice, not huge but decent. The bathroom was really nice except the shower was very small and lots of marks on the walls. The beds were comfortable, not many tv stations for kids which after a long day out it would have been nice to put on the Disney channel or something. We ate the hotel restaurant one night, I recommend eating outside the hotel, much better restaurants in the area within walking distance. I ordered a glass of chardonnay and without even asking me what kind the server brought me out the most expensive glass on the menu and it wasn't very good. That's why I asked her what kind of wine it was in which she hesitated to tell me since she knew she never asked me what kind I wanted which in my opinion it should have been the house wine. The hotel is in a great location right next to Union square and lots of shopping. The valet at the hotel is 66.00 tax incuded (SUV) and 55.00 non SUV. Right across the street is a public parking garage for half the price.
Other trip Aug 25, 2014
jen
"NYC Visitors"
It was fine except that we couldn't get any coffee early in the morning. We had meetings at 6 a.m., and nothing was available at 5:30 a.m. Probably should have a coffee pot in each room. Views were great, location was convenient and the staff was friendly.
3 night business trip Aug 11, 2014
MW
"This place is the best! Close to Union square"
Loved this hotel, half a block from Union Square. The service was absolutely fantastic. Super friendly and helpful valets, waiting staff and concierge. Internal atrium and glass lifts gives this hotel a really good feel. I was very pleasantly surprised by the size of the room. Bathroom was lovely too. Travelling with tired, little kids, we ate in the hotel restaurant every night and the food was fantastic, some of the best we had in 3 weeks in CA. Everything is expensive - room, valet and food - but if you are shelling out in San Fran anyway stay here and you wont be disappointed.
3 night family trip Aug 5, 2014
Caroline Miller
"Paul Macarney concert"
We came to SF for the Candlestick/ Sir Paul concert...The hotel went out of its way to make our one night stay perfect. We needed transportation due to the crowds and traffic. They booked a limo, found additional passengers and over all saved the day. We would have still been in the parking lot trying to get home!
1 night trip Aug 14, 2014
Elise
"JW Marriott"
5 Stars
1 night trip Aug 7, 2014
Blake
"Luxurious and comfy."
This was a mini-stay-cation. We stayed in a junior suite--it was roomy and very, very comfortable. A nice splurge!
Other trip Aug 5, 2014
"Hotel"
Beautiful, great room, clean, great staff
1 night business trip Aug 1, 2014
Everyone on staff eas exceptionally polite, professional, helpful and accomodating. I would tecommend this hotel to everyone. We had a wonderful trip in no small part because of this positive experience.
Other trip Jul 30, 2014
"You get what you pay for"
At $385+ per night it's adequate. The front desk, Concierge and Bell/Valet staff were great. The food service staff could use a attitude refresher. The location is good, far enough away from Union Sqr to give you a little separation. It would probably be better if it was closer to BART/Muni, but it's not a terrible walk. The rooms are fine, but my AC didn't cool the room down enough for my preference... and the city was in a heat wave. All in all, given the alternatives in the area, I think it's an acceptable hotel experience.
3 night trip with friends Jul 24, 2014
"Great hotel in union square"
Nice hotel. Near theaters and shopping at union square.
1 night trip Jul 19, 2014
Trisha
"very accommodating staff"
First rate service by an experienced stand knowledgeable staff. Do not expect to be checked in before 1 pm. Rooms are very comfortable and the bathroom was well lit.
Other trip Jul 18, 2014
Satisfied guest
"Convenient & classy"
Very beautiful hotel, prime location for shopping and within walking distance of the Warf. Nice big work out room to do multiple exercises without feeling cramped and piled on top of eachother. And lastly, the shampoo and conditioner in the rooms were amazing. No joke I think they were better than my salon brand!
2 night trip Jul 5, 2014
Meghan
Very nice hotel. Restaurant was surprisingly good for a hotel. Had one of the better steaks I have had in some time.
Other trip Jul 11, 2014
excellent
1 night trip Jul 5, 2014
"Great hotel and great service!"
The Hotel staff and rooms are great. Parking is $56/ night, so I parked directly across the street in a garage for half the cost.
Dr. Thomas
"My hotel of choice in SFO"
stayed here 5 times in the last year. A quality stay...noise free.
1 night business trip Jul 1, 2014
"Perfect"
Great view of the city
10 night business trip Jun 21, 2014
Not very accommodating staff!
2 night trip Jun 26, 2014
"Nice hotel, Bad service"
I didn't expect much on hotel service usually. I just expect what I pay for and that translates to cheap hotel, I expect no service and with 4 start hotel like this, I expect more. To make a long story short, basically I didn't get what I paid for. I paid extra for two beds room and they put me in a single bed room with a VIEW. When we asked for two beds like we paid for, we had to jump through the hoops to get it. I wrote a lengthy review on trip advisor and to add salt to the wound, the hotel replied and they wanted to regain my trust without a one word of apology or explanation of what happened. I am really disappointed and I think i got a better customer service at Red Roof. Good thing about hotel? the room was nice, not spectacular and the location was superb. Employees were generally nice.
Other trip Jun 23, 2014
Me
"Great, but enough with charging for internet"
Everything was great except for two things: 1) all the big chains need to stop charging for high speed internet. It's 2014. Time to get with the times. 2) I ended up needing to extend my stay and the manager was not only unwilling to work with me on the rates (they were going up), but she was very rude about it. There's a nice way and a wrong way to handle situations.
1 night trip Jun 16, 2014
Very good place to stay. Close to Union square and shopping. Staff was very accommodating.
Other trip Jun 21, 2014
Everything is great about this hotel.
1 night trip Jun 15, 2014
BB
"Just as Expected!!"
Everything at this hotel was perfect. Our room was very comfortable and clean. If you have stayed in SF before, then you know the rooms are typically small. This room was spacious. The staff was helpful and very nice. It was located just a short walk away from Union Square, like one block. Thank you for the great stay!!
1 night trip Jun 8, 2014
KStephens
"great hotel"
great hotel just a little noisy on one side of the hotel so makes it hard to sleep if you are on a lower floor but they have great staff, amazing service, and are really willing to accommodate.
4 night business trip Jun 3, 2014
great rooms, front desk service was not as good. Great location as you can walk to rest and bars
Other trip Jun 1, 2014
Rodrigo
"Nice hotel with comfortable bed"
Very nice hotel in union square. Good location. We LOVED the bed. Very comfortable. The staff was friendly, however, we booked on expedia and thought wifi was included. It was not and it was $16 per day. That was the only negative really. We felt for as much as we paid for the room, wifi should be included. Other than that, great stay! Would stay there again.
Other trip May 30, 2014
Christie
"Good hotel"
Nice place to stay. Very friendly staffs. The room was excellent Except the bathroom's door did no close. The door was stuck on the carpet, so we needed to tell each other who would be using the bathroom. Lol We could call for help with the door, but my son said not to call. We were going to stay one night.
1 night business trip May 24, 2014
Sandra
"Superb location, great staff and will stay again!"
I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at JW Marriott-Union Square, its such a GREAT LOCATION. Very central and the staff was exceptionally helpful, pleasant and really overall fantastic. I felt very welcomed, and the facility was superb. We enjoyed the concierge lounge on the 21st floor and we didn't even pay for this extra service but we got it, and we had breakfast, and hot snacks (very nice) in the early evenings 5 PM, and then dessert at 7. Gosh we saved some money just eating there and enjoying the hotel. We had the most comfortable bed I"ve ever slept in at a hotel, and the pillows were just amazing...I literally was so comfy I fell right to sleep and it was hard to leave this hotel..I will definitely stay there again. The room was not too large, but the bathroom was awesome. its a full size tub, literally you can stretch all the way out laying down and the separate shower was well done as well... we had a late lunch yesterday at the restaurant on the 3rd floor and had fresh halibut and fish tacos and it was delicious and reasonably priced. You can walk out of your hotel and stroll to so many different locations conveniently...its really the best location!!
Other trip May 28, 2014
Debbie
"Just average, try someplace else"
Overall just average…..front desk was not very friendly when inquiring about Union Square, shower is the smallest shower I have ever seen in a bathroom (maybe 2’ x 2’) and then they have the nerve to charge tax on a $56 1 day valet fee.
Response by JW Marriott San Francisco Union Square
Dear Accomplished Guest, Please allow me to begin by extending our sincere appreciation for choosing the JW Marriott San Francisco. In addition, I would also like to thank you for taking the time to share your overall experience with the hotel. On behalf of the staff, please accept our apologies for the unsatisfactory experience. We take great pride in ensuring our guest’s satisfaction. Rest assured the items you have pointed out will be addressed immediately to prevent it from reoccurring. I would like to have your name and your date of stay to note in our system. Thank you again for your input. If there is anything more I can do to win your confidence, please do not hesitate to let me know. Respectfully, Nasser Mobarak Director of Hotel Operations Email: nasser.mobarak@marriott.com Direct: 415.929.2088
Other trip May 27, 2014
"Nice room nice service"
Room very clean staff very good I will give hotel 5 star
Other trip May 26, 2014
randy
"Clean & near Union Square and Transportation"
Hotel was great with the exception of the ADA bathroom, we had to rig the bath to take a shower but other than that it was a good stay. On another note, just about SF, make sure you bring layers to wear, it gets windy and cold, to warm and hot. No need to bring an umbrella, should it rain (hardly does), there is an umbrella in the closet.
Other trip May 22, 2014